– The Vikings waived WR Glenn Holt today. That transaction leaves the Vikings with 9 WRs on the roster and a total of 79 players. The 1st roster cut downday is Tuesday, September 1, when all clubs must trim their rosters to 75 players. The cutdown day for all teams to be at 53 players is Saturday, September 5.
– Don’t forget to join Leaguesafe’s Paul Charchian on vikings.com today at 12:30 CT for a live fantasy football chat.
– Our Monday Morning Mailbag feature will continue on Monday, the day the Vikings and Texans square off. You can submit email questions/comments to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Remember to follow the Vikings official Twitter account (@VikingsFootball) to stay on top of all the latest news and developments.
– We will be chatting live during the Vikings-Texans Monday Night Football preseason game on Monday night, just as we did for the Vikings-Chiefs preseason game last Friday. We had 3,100 people join the chat last week and a total of 2,400 comments.
Tags: Glenn Holt, Paul Charchian
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | 2 Comments »
Following this afternoon’s practice (approximately 5:00) the entire Vikings roster will be introduced to fans at Blakeslee Stadium. The Vikings marketing staff does a great job with this event each year. In the past, one player from the offense, defense and special teams has introduced his teammates from those units. Also, players have their hands full of merchandise and throw it to the crowd after being introduced.
A few other notes (courtesy of Vikings public relations pro Tom West) as we get Day 1 of practices under way…
– Happy 25th birthday to WR Glenn Holt. The Vikings signed Holt, who had been with the Bengals for 3 seasons, to a free agent contract this offseason. Holt has the 2nd longest kickoff return TD in Bengals history (100 yards), topped only by the 102-yard TD return that was registered by current Vikings RB coach Eric Bieniemy in 1997. Also, Holt’s cousin, Alan Holt, was a QB for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers in the 1980s.
– Did you know that Vikings TE Jim Kleinsasser is entering his 11th season with the Vikings? This makes him the longest tenured professional athlete in the Twin Cities market.
– This year marks the 44th year the Vikings have held training camp in Mankato. The team held camp in Bemidji on the campus of Bemidji State University prior to Mankato.
Tags: Glenn Holt, Jim Kleinsasser
Posted in All, Mike Wobschall | No Comments »