Field Day: OL, TEs Set For On-Field Workout Saturday

Posted by Mike Wobschall on February 23, 2013 – 8:13 am

Day 4 of the 2013 Scouting Combine is underway here in Indianapolis. Fans read and hear a lot about all the important Combine action that happens behinds the scenes, but on Saturday we can celebrate the beginning of the Combine action that happens on center stage. Offensive linemen and tight ends hit the field for their on-field workout as they conclude their Combine visit and depart Indianapolis at the end of the day.

A lot more than OL and TE workouts will happen on Saturday, though. Here’s a rundown of Saturday’s player schedule…

OL and TE: On-Field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills), Departure from Indianapolis

QB, WR, RB: Meetings, Psychological Testing, Bench Press, Team Interviews

DL and LBs: Measurements, Medical Examinations, Media Interviews, Team Interviews

DBs: Travel to Indianapolis, Registration, Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays, Orientation, Team Interviews

Tags:

56 Responses to “Field Day: OL, TEs Set For On-Field Workout Saturday”

1. By BlueBird7 on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

What no punters? How about Ms Lauren Silberman.

2. By BlueBird7 on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

She can, and did kick it 40 yards! She beat Kluwe’s 20 yards!

3. By BlueBird7 on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

ha ha ha ha

4. By BlueBird7 on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Ms Silberman is 28 years old, is from NewYork, and played soccer in Wisconsin.

She is also a trim. good looking gal, that no linebacker would want to hurt…

5. By BlueBird7 on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Kluwe will most likely want to know what size dress she wears……………

6. By Carl K on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Cordarrelle Patterson verses DeAndre Hopkins – 2012 receiving stats.

Hopkins- 82 receptions for 1405 yards, 17.1 ave, 18 TDs. 62 yards was his longest catch.

Patterson- 46 receptions for 778 yards, 16.9 ave, 5 TDs. 58 was his longest catch.

Hopkins is the better fit with Percy Harvin for the Vikings!

7. By Ozzinator on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Vikings stadium will accomodate baseball? WTF!

8. By PurplHaze on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

By Carl K on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply
    Cordarrelle Patterson verses DeAndre Hopkins – 2012 receiving stats.
    Hopkins is the better fit with Percy Harvin for the Vikings!
    **********
    There are SEVERAL factors that go into a receiver’s numbers other than their ability. The numbers alone don’t tell the entire story.

We don’t know how well EITHER OF THESE GUYS fits with Ponder. But BOTH are talented! If you don’t believe me, go watch highlights. “The tape doesn’t lie!”

9. By PurplHaze on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

An O-Lineman running a 4.65 40? A Center running a sub-5 40? These are some FAST big men! Some of these O-Linemen are built like Defensive Ends! It’s Crazy!

10. By Mike B. on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

The multiuse faciility was a requirement at the start of the negotiations anyway. The stadium will actually belong to the state of MN. So it need to be more than a one sport facility.

11. By Champ Henson on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Atlanta to release Michael Turner….I wonder if the vikings will be interested if he’s cheap enough.

12. By PurplHaze on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Ich bin ein Volltrottel!!! :-/

13. By Carl K on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Purpl- I agree, both are very talented. I am very excited that the Vikings might have a shot at Petterson, Allen or Hopkins with pick #23. I have seen highlights on all those guys… and I love what I see.

My point is Hopkins is also worthy of the Vikings 1st round pick.

If Hopkins has a strong 40 time and a great vertical jump… He could really raise his draft stock.

14. By PurplHaze on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Agreed! I didn’t really know much about Hopkins going into the off-season. But the more I see from him, the more I like! ;-)

15. By WRHopkins2013 on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

16. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Carl, as far as Patterson’s height, I see your sources– somebody goofed somewhere– my source or yours. I read it on ESPN and a few other places that the kid is 6″3.

17. By WRHopkins2013 on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

18. By PurplHaze on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Titus & Carl … Even NFL Network combine coverage is stating Patterson is 6’3″. Who knows what’s going on.

19. By BlueBird7 on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

I can say the same to you, Purplhaze

20. By BlueBird7 on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Not to you, For you. thanks.

21. By Parkway on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Official weigh in of Patterson is:

Cordarrelle Patterson
    Tennessee
    6-2
    216

31.68
    9.08

22. By Parkway on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

And actually according to rotoworld:

Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson checked in 6-foot-1 7/8 and 216 pounds at Friday’s Combine weigh-in.

23. By PurplHaze on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

“Ich hab kein ahnung, aber ich reiz gerne mein grossen maul auf!”

24. By John K. on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

” Ich bin ein benleber”

25. By Shawn on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Any good long snappers we can get with pick 23?

26. By Jeremy on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

WHY would we pick up Turner??????????? Really??????

27. By Jeremy on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Patterson was listed at 6’3 in college…. 6’1 or 6’2 official????????? WHO cares can you really tell me that one inch of height makes a difference on the football field…..NOOOO it doesn’t it matters about your skill set and how high you can jump!!!!!

Also with regards to stats………Carl with a K……. Patterson was a JUCO transfer who went to play with two other great wrs at Tennessee in Hunter and Rogers.. can you name one other player on Clemson’s whole team (without looking it up first)???????????

btw I think Hopkins is a stud!!!!

28. By BlueBird7 on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

I am in the United States and I will only speak English, same as you should.

29. By Jeremy on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

What Ben Leber??????????

30. By Parkway on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Spielman said he likes to focus on the middle of the offense and defense. That means we are going to take a DT/LB/OG in the first round.

He has also said that he thinks the draft is deep with OG and WR so you might think that he will wait to take these positions later.

So DT/LB is most likely. Hopefully Minter/Ogletree will be our answer.

31. By Shawn on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Im still on the Teo wagon.

Teo round 1

Woods/Patton round 2

32. By John K. on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

BB7- Yea, because only residents of U.S. have access to the internet and this website, right?

Jeremy- It’s a JFK quote but I added a MN Viking twist.

33. By Champ Henson on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Why pick up Turner? Who do we have if AP gets hurt?……oh yeah Gerhardt, I forgot.

34. By vikes- or - die on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

If we take OT or a DT in the first round, I myself would be way cool with that. It always starts up front on both sides of the ball. If our offensive or defensive line struggled that would be a terrible thing. Do your thing Spielman!!!!!!!! Free agency is right around the corner. I feel like a child waiting for Christman Day. Go Vikes Baby!!!!

35. By Tomcat on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

My sources have Patterson at 6’3”. Who knows?

36. By Parkway on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Tomcat – he was officially measured at 6’1 7/8

37. By vikes- or - die on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Why does everybody get so caught up in the size of a WR. If your are 5-9 with speed, GUICKNESS, great hands and body control. I am more then happy.

38. By Parkway on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

It’s been proven time and time again in crucial situations you need a guy who can go up and get the ball, height is a partial variable along with vertical, hands, and arm length

39. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Parkway, get a job! Always posting on this site.

40. By vikes- or - die on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

I get that, but this is football not science. Great athletes are great athletes and great skills will find a way to catch the football. Insticts are huge and not all pro football players have great Insticts. A QB will find a way to get the ball to a gifted WR, and a gifted WR will find a way to catch it.

41. By Parkway on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Titus is this you?

42. By Jeremy on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Titus why you bash on Parkway all the time???? Maybe you need to get a life I see your a$$ posting on here all the time too….

43. By Parkway on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Ha at least one of us said it Jeremy

44. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Jeremy, I hardly post on here– once here and there– sometimes nothing for weeks at a time.

45. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

I don’t bash Parkway–I am merely responding to his insults. You must have missed the other side of this.

46. By vikes- or - die on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Wow, I must admit that I was very impressed With Teo’s responses to the media. The biggest beef I have with Teo is though, is the way he performed in the national championship. He didn’t look or play like a Heisman Hopefull and not all great college players can make the leap into the NFL.

47. By Parkway on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Yeah Teo got embarrassed that game and it was against the most NFL type team in all of college football.

48. By vikes- or - die on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Parkway,
    Exactly, They made him look like a 3rd stringer. It was bad. There is no way in I would draft him in the first or SECOND round. To me personally, I just wouldn’t be able to do it.

49. By vikes- or - die on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

As Viking fans we are very fortunate. Because the way free agency looks and the way the draft looks “if” are able to get a WR in free agency, and possibly another need, the draft swings wide open for us.

50. By vikes- or - die on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

AD – The BEAST OF THE NORTH is working out right now saying, “I don’t care if we get a WR or not. I GOT THIS!!!!

51. By vikes- or - die on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Man this is sweet, I can when ever I want. I will start with this. I believe Ponder is finding his stride and will make our WR’s, whoever they are, look like the WR’s we will come to know and love.

52. By vikes- or - die on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Even though I believe Ponder to be our answer at QB, I would like it if we drafted another QB. If we are running A system we expect Ponder to run, I would like to see a QB that could step in and be confident in that system.

53. By vikes- or - die on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

AP is a staple on our offense that causes it to be more explosive. What could be a staple on our defense that would cause it to be more explosive? MLB?

54. By Mike R. on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

Or a DT?

55. By vikes- or - die on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

The Blog lives? Peace out boys. I am out.

56. By robert knows pondersucks07 on Feb 23, 2013 | Reply

vikes need to draft qb that can throw deep down field.it wont matter what wrs you draft ponder can throw it with any zip after10yds .percy and peterson save ponder ass last yr any qb should have a field day playactioning with peterson with seven to eight in the box.oh well… back to the qb board in2014 draft