What To Watch For: Thursday Combine Action

Posted by Mike Wobschall on February 21, 2013 – 8:38 am

The 2013 Scouting Combine officially began on Wednesday, but for practical purposes the action really begins today (Thursday). Here’s a quick rundown of a few things to watch for today at the Combine…

Players
– Offensive linemen, place kickers, special teams players and tight ends enter Day 2 of the Combine schedule. They will go through the process of Measurements, Medical Examinations, Media Obligations, and Team Interviews.
— Quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers are in Day 1 of the Combine schedule. Today they’ll arrive in Indianapolis (if they didn’t do so on Wednesday evening) and go through Registration, Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays, Orientation, and Team Interviews.

Vikings Personnel
– GM Rick Spielman will head to the media center around 10:30 a.m. local time (9:30 a.m. CT). He’ll swing by the KFAN broadcast booth to chat with Voice of the Vikings Radio Network Paul Allen during his radio show. PA will be joined by Charch on Thursday and Friday as they do shows from radio row inside Lucas Oil Stadium.
— Spielman will also have his press conference here at the Combine and will appear at the podium at approximately 12:15 p.m. local time (11:15 a.m. CT).
— I will also join PA and Charch on-air today – once at 9:20ish and then again later in the show.

Combine Coverage
– You won’t see wall-to-wall daily Combine coverage on NFL Network until Saturday most likely, but you will see that type of coverage right here on vikings.com. So be sure to check back with us regularly to catch interviews of players, our coaches and personnel executives, yours truly, PA and Charch, and several other well-known national NFL media members.
— Be sure to follow us on Twitter for even more updates. You can follow the Vikings (@Vikings) and me (@wobby) for those updates.

Tags: , ,

10 Responses to “What To Watch For: Thursday Combine Action”

1. By vikes- or - die on Feb 21, 2013 | Reply

I am gonna have to call my cable Co. today to see what it will take to get the NFL Network. I am way behind the 8 ball on College prospects. I need to see WHAT’s UP!!!

2. By WRHopkins2013 on Feb 21, 2013 | Reply

I upgraded my cable last month already…To make sure I had NFL network combine coverage… ;-)

3. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 21, 2013 | Reply

Thats what Direct TV is for.

4. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 21, 2013 | Reply

PAY PHIL

5. By Parkway on Feb 21, 2013 | Reply

Surprised he’s ranked that high

6. By BlueBird7 on Feb 21, 2013 | Reply

Message for Mike Wobschall

Keep an eye out for the lady kicker Lauren Silberman.

She just might be the one to replace Chris Kluwe. Kicks 40 yards………..

7. By vikes- or - die on Feb 21, 2013 | Reply

I have the NFL Network on right now. 10 dollars extra a month. Highway robbery, but worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!

8. By vikes- or - die on Feb 21, 2013 | Reply

I love that fact that we are committed to build through the draft and not so much through free agency. But there are quite a few free agents we could really use. Couldn’t we save some money by letting our over paid TE Carlson go, and grab one of the WR’s available? Don’t we have 2 other young TE’s on our roster?

9. By vikes- or - die on Feb 21, 2013 | Reply

I am talking beside our MVP pro bowl TE.

10. By Vikings1 on Feb 21, 2013 | Reply

By vikes- or – die on Feb 21, 2013 | Reply

_________________________________________________________________
    We won’t let him go because we will still have to pay him anyway and he is so injury prone and wouldn’t be much in trade bait!