Off To Indianapolis To Kickoff Combine Coverage

Posted by Mike Wobschall on February 19, 2013 – 6:56 am

It’s an early morning for vikings.com, but we’re set to head to the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport to board a quick flight to Indianapolis for the 2013 NFL Scouting Combine. Our coverage live from Indianapolis begins on Wednesday and will go through the conclusion of the event.

I am slated to arrive in Indianapolis around 1:00 p.m. ET. Assuming all goes according to plan, I’ll be settled into the hotel room and will then begin to provide updates via the blog on a regular basis. Aside from the blog, though, I’ll also provide updates on Twitter. You can catch those updates at two different accounts – my personal account (@wobby) and the Vikings account (@VikingsFootball).

So for now, I’m off to the airport. But in the meantime, you can refresh your memory on some of the players who will be at the Combine by checking out our coverage of the Senior Bowl last month. Also, here’s a list of the Combine invitees.

That’s it for now. Next time we check in it’ll be live from Indianapolis at the 2013 NFL Scouting Combine.

Tags:

112 Responses to “Off To Indianapolis To Kickoff Combine Coverage”

1. By BlueBird7 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Lets us see if we can find someone worth while…….

2. By BlueBird7 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Maybe another WR?

3. By RichardA1 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

BERZERK-BERZERK-BERZERK ALERT! Don’t forget to bring a chunk of Green Bay cheese with to wave in front of the potential players, the player that goes absolutely KrAzY BERZERK thinking its a Green Bay player, out of control -call the police NuTs is the player we want!!!

4. By deertracks/flapjack/bluebird7 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

i need a woman too…

5. By DRS. on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Why Vikings Will Regret Decision to Not Trade Percy HarvinBy Gary Davenport(Featured Columnist) on February 15, 2013

6. By DRS. on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Have a great day, what will be will be.

7. By WRHopkins2013 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

The long and the short of the Percy Harvin issue…
    Harvin is a pain in the ass… ;-)

8. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

I going to try to not talk about Percy but there is no guarantees because he is my second favorite player in the NFL.

9. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Ahh shoot I just talked about him. Well I tried lol.

10. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

My main focus going into the combine is the receivers. There is no denying how much of a priority that position is.

11. By northwoodsv2 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

It’s really too bad we don’t have the option of sticking Ponder on the field with a group of “elite” WRs, and sticking our WRs on the field with an “elite” QB to see exactly who the problem is.

12. By vikings rule on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

lets kick out Ponder instead of kicking off the combine

13. By vikings rule on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

we have a shot at winning the superbowl in the next 2 years with a top 10 qb. Ponder is currently ranked #48. what a joke!

14. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

48 lol

15. By vikings rule on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

northwoodsv2 -out tight end was the mvp of the pro bowl, that should answer your question

16. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

By WRHopkins2013 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply
    The long and the short of the Percy Harvin issue…
    Harvin is a pain in the ass…

********************

Good Story!

Man, I’ve been waiting on this weekend like a three-year-old waits on Christmas! Let’s find our first round gem!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!!

17. By vikings rule on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

18. By northwoodsv2 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Rudolph DID shine there, but so did every other WR/TE/RB. You really can’t count the ProBowl as actual competi tion when the defense isn’t allowed to do their thing.

19. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

By northwoodsv2 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

************

Excellent Point!

20. By northwoodsv2 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Final score at the PB was 62-35. The game is obviously geared toward showcasing the offense now.

Only teams with an elite QB racked up those kid of points in the regular season.

Speaking of high-scoring offenses, here’s a good read:

Check out the graph in the middle of the article, and put Ponder’s numbers in there. Then try not to giggle.

21. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

I just don’t know when to quit, do I. I believe this bull$hit of mine just keeps coming around. I keep crying for others to stop, but I just keep boiling the pot.

This will keep going on on on on on I’ll be crying again soon!

22. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Also note several of my replys above, I like to kiss ass when I can’t think of anything myself.

23. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

=))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) … Children

24. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

FuQ, You Pin-D1cked Imposter! Internet Tough Guy! Like your TROLLING is somehow benefiting anybody? You must lead a miserable life.

25. By Parkway on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

That is pretty bad how terrible Ponder is ranked, plenty of backups better than him

26. By BlueBird7 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

When will Percy Harvin give us a report on just what he intends to do?

27. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Wow some people are just pathetic.

28. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Probably as soon as we get a real quarterback.

29. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply
    Wow some people are just pathetic.

****************

They need a d@mn hobby!!!

30. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Or a JOB! Instead of living off Mom and Dad at age 40+ and trolling the internet!

31. By BlueBird7 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

GDP That might take more than a year.

32. By deertracks/flapjack/bluebird7 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

i love deer

33. By Internet TROLLER on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

PurplHaze/iaVIKE>>>>>>I have a hobby. It ‘s calling you out. Also have a job. Same thing. Have a nice day. Not.

34. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Not even original enouth to come up with a name on his own … Pathetic! And, you’re a bad liar too.

35. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

* enough

36. By Internet TROLLER on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Nope, it is not enough. You keep it up, I wlll follow you to the gates of He!!

37. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Oh, I see … You’ve mistaken me for somebody that gives a SH1T. :-D

38. By iaVIKE on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Deertracks, just cause someone else has a problem with you doesn’t mean that i’m the one sayin that sh1t. Relax man.

39. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

These childish games are just plain ridiculous.

Looking forward to the combine this week. Can hardly wait!

Who will peak the Vikings interest? WR or DT?

40. By Parkway on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

I think we can get nearly 30 mill in cap space with restructuring and easy cuts if we want to, will be interesting to see how aggressive Spielman is since we are now a “playoff team”

41. By iaVIKE on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Whether Jared restructures or not is a key part of this off season.

42. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

A “legitimate” playoff team! The fact that we made it there wasn’t a “fluke”! We’ll be back in the post season next year, and take the NFC North, if Spielman achieves roughly the same level of success.

In Rick We Trust!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!!

43. By Parkway on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Jared would probably restructure if he was given an extension which would make sense for both parties. He is getting older, but his skills and vet leadership will still be valuable for at least 2 more years, but not at 17 mill a year.

Not sure how the numbers would work out, but if he would get down to 12 or so this year but then have guaranteed $$ for the next 2 years in the 8-9 range?

Might have a better idea after Freeney signs to see what kind of money he gets at 33.

44. By iaVIKE on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Agreed Parkway

45. By iaVIKE on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Husain Abdullah signed with the Chiefs.

46. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

And the Jets cut LB Bart Scott

47. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

We have two fullbacks in the top 16. Check it out.

48. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Kind of odd they’d rank Ellison higher than Felton, but at least BOTH are ranked higher than a P3cker!!! :-D

49. By Parkway on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Well if Ellison is that good then there is no point to over paying for Felton that is for sure

50. By iaVIKE on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Pretty cool. Ellison is gunna be a stud, hopefully he retires a Vike.

51. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Some didnt like us drafting him last year. Not this guy.

52. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

I think he was just a bit of a surprise to those people, GDP. I’m sure nobody’s complaining now. He’s a contributor for sure!

53. By Frederick Jones on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

@Purplehaz,

Yes, Rick Spielman did a fine drafting job this past year.

However our expectations for this year are WAY TOO HIGH!!!

We draft much lower.

Now if we could get a #1 for Percy, that would make a difference, but apparently we will not get a #1.

We’ll be lucky to get a #2 for him in the crazy world of the NFL.

54. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Not sure that expectations are too high, Fred. Spielman has proven he’s not afraid to go out on the edge to snag what he likes.

I’m not completely convinced that Percy is leaving, but you’re right. Word on the street is that even a 2nd round pick for Percy may be too much to hope for. I believe personally, that Percy is worth no less than a 2nd round pick this year, and maybe also something next year. Say a 3rd.

Will be interesting to see how things play out. What’s your take on what we use that #23 on, assuming we stay with it? Would you like to see us take a WR, DT, or maybe a Guard?

55. By Frederick Jones on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

56. By Frederick Jones on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

What I meant about the draft is that we cannot expect to do as well as last year, we are picking MUCH LOWER!

Spielman won’t be able to do much.

57. By Frederick Jones on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

We should pick a Guard or a DT with the first pick.

58. By Frederick Jones on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

If all we can get for Percy is a #3 pick, I would try very hard to keep him.

59. By Frederick Jones on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

We should hold out for a #1 pick, and not bail out like we did with Moss.

60. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Yep, I understand what you meant. None the less, if Rick wants to move up to grab a player he likes, I have no doubt he’ll do that. Rick’s a bit of a gambliin’ man, I think. :D

I think Rick can still find value from #23, and I’m confident that he’ll do his homework on who’s a good fit for the team, as well as who isn’t.

61. By odark30 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

It must be extremely difficult for Spielman to get much of anything done when he doesn’t know whether Percy will be around next season. I would like to think that he has a pretty fair idea of how things will shake out and one can bet that he has a plan either way. I’m torn.

62. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

I think I’d have to see who’s still around at #23. I would not be opposed to taking a Guard there, and getting a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. That is if the Guard is ranked like #3 by position or better.

But if there’s a top 3 ranked WR on the board at #23, I think we’d have to go that route, since that is our biggest need.

63. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

By odark30 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply
    **********************
    I agree that rick knows more than anyone outside of the staff, odark. He most definitely has a plan, regardless what he foresees happening.

64. By odark30 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

I can see Spielman going after the BPA at #23 regardless of position. Perhaps I am wrong.

65. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

I STILL like Cordarrelle Patterson! And, I think we should bring in CC to coach him!

66. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

If we were to land him, that is…

67. By odark30 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013
    ==============
    I thought Patterson was projected early 1st.

68. By Parkway on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Don’t buy the cra p that “analysts” are spewing about Harvin.

How is this for a comparison:

They are saying that Revis should be able to be traded for a first and a 3rd.
    -He is going to want a HUGE contract
    -He’s already held out before
    -He’s 28
    -Arguably the best or 2nd best CB in the league
    -Everyone knows the Jets are trying hard to get under the cap

Harvin we can only get a 2nd or third for?
    -Wants a big contract, not as big as Revis
    -Has never held out
    -He’s only 24
    -Best slot WR in the league
    -Vikes do not have cap issues

This is called the “big market” bias.

So get real, we shouldn’t accept less than a first and 2nd/third for Harvin if we actually do trade him.

69. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

It depends where you look. Some also have us projected to take Keenan Allen, and pre-combine, he’s the #1 WR in the draft. So you tell me! ;-)

70. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Parkway … I thought it was funny that it’s all over the press that Revis is being traded, but Revis HIMSELF knows NOTHING about it! That’s media for ya!

71. By odark30 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Hmmm I just wonder if Spielman would pass on Ogltree if he is available @ #23.

72. By Dr. Remulak on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Yeah, and Revis tore his ACL last year. He may be the same player he was.

73. By Jeremy on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

If we don’t get a high enough first round pick to draft Cordarrelle Patterson, we have no reason to try and trade Percy. He is the only wide out in the draft that could come in and do the same things Harvin can…but can maybe even do stuff better after the catch. The kids electric!!!!!!

74. By Jeremy on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

No way is Keenan Allen better than Cordarrelle Patterson.

75. By Parkway on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Good point DR

76. By odark30 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

@ Parkway——–
    Nice comparison. I have to agree. As tired as I am with the #12 situation right now I have to say that I see a hold-out coming if he is not traded before then. Worst case scenario (he who shall not be named) can technically hold out all but the last six games next season and still get his FA status in 2014. Not likely to happen, but it is an option.

77. By Dr. Remulak on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

This morning I was listening to the SiriusXM “Blitz” with Adam Schein and Rich Gannon, and Schein was saying the Jets should get a 1st 2nd and a 3rd for Revis. I coudn’t believe it.

78. By odark30 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

LOL I have Rich Gannons supplimental playbook from 1991 with the Vikings.

79. By iaVIKE on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

By Parkway
    ————————————————————————————
    Couldn’t agree more. We can’t just give the best slot receiver in the NFL away.

80. By Dr. Remulak on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

I like Gannon a lot and I like Schein too, but sometimes his opinions are out there.

Schein went onto say the Jets should trade Revis to the 49ers for their 1st, 2nd and Alex Smith.

I’m hoping they don’t. The 49ers have a lot of picks this year and would be good trade partners in the first round if they wanted to swap 1st round picks with us.

If all the guys we like are off the board at 23 we could trade with SF down to 31 and they’d probably give us a 3rd and a 5th (they have two of each).

If guys like Patterson, Sharrif Floyd or Warmack fall to us at 23 I say take one of them.

But if not I wouldn’t mind trading down and getting a guy like Hopkins, Kawan Short or Ogletree plus an extra 3rd and 5th.

And remember Spielman said he wanted more picks.

81. By Parkway on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Here’s another angle some on here may not have thought of:

We will get at least a 4th round compensatory pick after next year if we don’t trade Harvin and he leaves for nothing.

So if all we got for him was a 2nd or 3rd, it’s obviously worth it to keep him around another year and only forfeit a round or two.

It’s possible to even get a 3rd round compensatory pick, so clearly not worth it and obviously Spielman is smart enough.

82. By odark30 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Revis’ ACL is a huge question mark. There is no way anyone gives up a 1st for him.

83. By blues kluews on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

@jeremy
    1.kennan allen is better than cordarelle patterson
    2. percy is being a cry baby. he said that he didn’t care about money last offseason and now he is going to hold out if he doesn’t get a new contract.

84. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Parkway unless its not working out and we have the option to trade him before the deadline when teams will be desperate enough to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick.

85. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

If its not working out.

86. By Parkway on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Yeah that’s a good point GDP any pick at that point above a 3rd round would be house money

87. By Spencer on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

So were going into next season with Aj Jefferson as the starter? Tragic.

88. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Lets hope none of that happens though and Percy finishes his career a Viking :)

89. By Parkway on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Where are you getting that from Spencer?

90. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Yeah what are you talking about?

91. By Spencer on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

We haven’t gone after another CB..

92. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

What arent Winfield, Cook, and J-Rob still under contract?

93. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Didn’t we only give AJ a 1 year deal?

94. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

And as bad as AJ was, I’d rather have him than Sherels

95. By Spencer on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Other than Cook, AJ is the only guy that “cover” the bigger WRs in the league

96. By PurplHaze on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

We need Wreh-Wilson to help us out of this predicament! =)

97. By Parkway on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

FA hasn’t started and neither has the draft….. so I’m not sure why you think AJ will be the starter

98. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Spencer Sean Smith from the Dolphins is a FA. 6’4 and plays in a 4-3 scheme down there in Miami. We should look at him in FA.

99. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Ha I’m watching the Indiana vs Michigan State game, and the commentator says “lets go to our sideline reporter Samantha Ponder.”

100. By Parkway on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Yeah apparently she does gameday for bball too

101. By blues kluews on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

samantha ponder is bomb!

102. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

I think Mr. Ponder should have been the one who changed his last name. Christian Steele sounds a lot better.

103. By blues kluews on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

i agree christian steele sounds more tough

104. By Spencer on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Samantha Ponder is what we call, “Wifey Material”

105. By Spencer on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

GDP- I agree with you, Sean Smith would be interesting to pair with Cook. But heard he wants a lot of money.

106. By Parkway on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

Once again Harvin acting with nothing but class. When followed by a reporter and asked about all the trade talk, Harvin said he had nothing to say about it.

Do you think a “cancer” would have nothing to say? Do you think Moss would have had nothing to say?

Class act. True competitor.

107. By WRHopkins2013 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

108. By northwoodsv2 on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

________________________________________________

You must be one of those guys that only has to hear a rumor 2 or 3 times before it’s God’s truth to you.

Show me some statements from Harvin that he plans to hold out for a big contract. Go ahead, I’ll wait.

Oh, that’s right. All you have is some rumors from sports writers that are either washed up and can’t play anymore, or weren’t good enough to ever play, and all they are looking for is more readers for their column.

109. By blues kluews on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply

percy is complaining about not getting enough money with only playing 9 games. how about he finishes off his contract and proves he’s worth the money then i have no problem with him being paid top of the line money.

110. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 20, 2013 | Reply

By Parkway on Feb 19, 2013 | Reply
    Class act. True competitor.

———————————————————————————————–
    Wow. That is one take. Conspiracy theorists tend to see only one thing– what they are trying to find.

111. By BlueBird7 on Feb 20, 2013 | Reply

What is your take on this, Titus?

112. By northwoodsv2 on Feb 20, 2013 | Reply

That’s not a statement from Percy, Blues.