Keeping Up With Postseason Award Recipients/Winners

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 11, 2013 – 1:06 pm

Now is the time of year when various media outlets and NFL teams vote on and/or select recipients for awards and honors. Several Vikings players have been recognized for many of these awards, so we’ll keep a running tally here to keep you up to date.

Vikings Team MVPs

Comeback Player of the Year: RB Adrian Peterson

2012 Maxwell Football Club
Bert Bell Professional Player of the Year: RB Adrian Peterson
Bert Bell Most Valuable Player: RB Adrian Peterson

2012 NFL 101 NFC Offensive Player of the Year: RB Adrian Peterson

Tags: , , , , , , ,

83 Responses to “Keeping Up With Postseason Award Recipients/Winners”

1. By Parkway on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

And now let’s win a super bowl…

2. By Viking33 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Thats the end of the season award I would like to see too.

3. By Viking33 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Where is the MVC award?

4. By Viking33 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Can we expunge some names from this site…….McNabb / Darrell Bevell / Brad Childress. Why are these names floating around here still. Purge them, they are affecting our inner Super Bowl spirit.

5. By Erik the Red on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Don’t forgot Berrian, although I feel like us mentioning those names just keeps them around longer. And I’m glad to see Greenway made it to the Pro Bowl, joke of a game or not, I like when our players get those season honors :P

6. By North Star on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Erik the Red…….You are right on the Pro Bowl a joke! However the one coming up might just be worth the time to watch one player in action. Whom might that be? Glad you asked.

Adrian Peterson has made the statement that he is going to go “All Out” in the game! I think I will just tune in and see!

7. By Shawn on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Parkway in regards to your salary cap concern and DWayne Bowe. We are in a better salary cap position than last offseason and we spent 5 million per year on Carlson … plus gave AP, Sully, and Greenway big deals.

I see no reason we cant afford 1 big name … for me thats DWayne Bowe.

There is no concern for Percy’s contract. I am sure he and the team want to wait one more season. Percy knows negotiating a contract after a 600 yard season will not get him the deal he wants. It only makes sense that Percy plays the final season and has a great season so he gets the contract he wants.

Also getting Bowe means Michael Jenkins can go … Jenkins is around 3 million per season … give it to Bowe a real WR.

8. By Parkway on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Maybe they can cut Allen’s in half for this year if they give him a year or two extension.

9. By Tomcat on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Sign Bowe! If not, lets get Jennings.

10. By Shawn on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Parkway you keep mentioning Oggletree for LB but what about Minter from LSU? From what I see Minter is 15lbs heavier and faster … I have not watched any tape on either so Im just curious what you see.

11. By Parkway on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Yeah I like Minter. I had him projected as our 2nd round pick for a while before he moved his way up draft boards. We could possibly trade down for him in the first and maybe trade back up for Rogers in the 2nd.

12. By OTKalil2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Jenkins played for 1 million this pas t season…He took a pay cut from the 2 million he was supposed to get..To stay with the team…

Bowe wanted big bucks last off season…Wanting Megatron numbers for a contract…That is why KC gave him the franchise tag instead…

Bowe is not worth a 100+ million dollar contract..Not even close…

Harvin will hold out…

Harvin will not come into camp with only a 1.5 million due him to play this coming season…

13. By Shawn on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Parkway I agree with the positioning you are talking for the draft. LB prefferable ILB in round 1 and WR round 2 … depending on FA maybe swap but definitely WR LB …. 1 and 2

wouldnt be mad a DT slipping in depending on how the draft shakes out

14. By Shawn on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

OTK … what else does your crystal ball tell you? Does it show what the government is doing with all the hollow point bullets it bought? and the armed drones flying over America?

15. By Parkway on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Yeah I would only say a DT if one of the top guys like Jenkins or Hankins falls to us.

16. By OTKalil2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

By Shawn on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

_______________________

Crystal ball was cloudy about any bullets…

But read…

When the goverment tells you it wants to take your guns away, to keep you safe ???
    Its time to buy more guns…

I believed that…So last week I bought a new gun…
    And in about a month..I will be buying another…

17. By vikesny on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

2013 are you really himan and if you are, you are the greatest inspiration to many injured athletes young and old – Adrian Peterson

18. By Tomcat on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

My son had the same injury as A.P. and he was out for over a year. He`s a painter.

19. By QB on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

OTKalil, I too am loading up the gun cabinet. Most everyone here in Texas, are also.

20. By OTKalil2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

By QB on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

————————————————-

Gotta love Texas…
    Texans always sense when there is @%$# going down…

21. By Shawn on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

OTK … I lean liberal being Union and all but on the gun issue Im as conservative as any Red guy

22. By Parkway on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

No doubt, they must have thought more people were asleep than they thought. Gun sales have been off the charts.

23. By OTKalil2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

I saw 6 people in line…While I was getting my last hand gun…Some waiting up to 3 to 24 hours before they could get cleared…Because of all the back log of people registering guns…

24. By QB on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

OTKalil, you can’t live where I do without one. For openers, there’s 8000 acres that backs up to my 3 acres, and I’ve had my share of wild hogs, boars, and all types of critters. Wild hogs dug a hole the size of a swimming pool on my property, I sent 3 of them to heaven.

25. By Ozzinator on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Awesome QB!

26. By OTKalil2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

QB…

Sounds like some fun target practice… ;-)

27. By PurplHaze on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

“I lift things up and put them down…”

28. By PurplHaze on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Good to see Adrian getting the recognition he DESERVES!

NOW IF SOMEBODY CAN TEACH JOE WEBB TO CATCH A FOOTBALL@LL, WE’D BE SET!!!

29. By North Star on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Or they could just hand it off, like to Adrain, and watch him go :(

30. By North Star on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

The same as to Adrain, that is.(

31. By . on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

;(

32. By . on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

33. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Webb should be traded immediately. Tebow would be an upgrade.

34. By OTKalil2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Tark talk….

35. By Tomcat on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Tark was my hero as a child. He looks well.

36. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Underdog was my hero.

37. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

PAY PERCY

38. By john 61 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

vikes number 1 need is DT,NUMBER 2 SAFETY,,NUMBER 3 LINEBACKER, NUMBER 4 LINEBACKER, NUMBER 4 LINEBACKER,5-7 DONT CARE LOAD UP ON D BACKS

39. By underdog on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

You mean cowardly cur. runs in the family…..

40. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

We gave a second chance to a guy named Cris Carter when nobody else wanted him. Similar to Percy but the difference is there are alot of teams that would want what Percy brings in terms of football ability on their team. Percy is a somebody we must keep if we are to field a Superbowl caliber team.

He might have an attitude at times. He is not perfect, he’s human. Frazier has shown he can move past that incident when he said he expects Percy to return. Part of it is on Percy, but another part is on our GM to get a deal done. If we lose Percy, it will be a significant step back from what we are trying to accomplish, a Superbowl.

41. By john 61 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

YES WE NEED PERCY BAD,AND GET RIDE OF SOME HIGH PRICE PLAYERS,and sign 2 guards and mybe a good wide out,build a great d ,and we can get by with are offence

42. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Simpson and Jenkins. We are paying too much for those two.

43. By john 61 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

HOW ABOUT JOHN Carson

44. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

A couple WRs will go a long long way. Maybe another QB– and promote MBT– and get rid of Webb— that is not even up for debate.

45. By john 61 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

TITUS i think its to late to get rid of webb,unless we release him,mybe try him on special teams,or a 4 receiver,i dont know what to do with him

46. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Jonathan Bostic LB for the Florida Gators. Jersey number 1. Just like Percy Harvin and Janoris Jenkins who had a great rookie season at CB for the Rams.

Bostic is known as being an above average cover linebacker. I feel you could use that coverage ability in our pass happy division.

47. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Will the team make any adjustments in player personnel to account for the outdoor play at home which will start after next season? Also, any bloggers going to the London game? I have not been there for a while and the past couple years have been itching to go– would be cool to see a Vikings game there.

48. By Carl K on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

WR Cordarrell Patterson should be our first pick if he is still on the board.

Patterson is a cross between a Percy Harvin and a Julio Jones. The Vikings could then trade Harvin for a high second round pick to select ILB Mintor or Ogletree.

With our late second round pick we could hope DT Kawaan Short or Sylvester Williams would still be available.

I would sign QB Matt Moore to back up Ponder and move Webb to WR. I would also draft WR Kenny Stills or Quinton Patton in the 3rd or 4th round. I also think we could draft a safety in the forth round… TJ McDonald or Robbert Lester would upgrade our secondary. I think iwith the second 4th round pick we could get a quality OT or OG.

I am getting excited to see what Speilman does this off season. I don’t think he needs to spend big money this off season. Just take a couple steps forward with a good draft.

49. By Parkway on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Kawann Short and Williams will go much earlier than the late 2nd. If we can only get a 2nd for Percy, keep him, but I’m sure they will resign him first.

50. By Parkway on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

By john 61 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

__________________________________________________________________

Sorry to say this is way way off…. I’d say WR, LB, OG, CB, DT, SS is our order of needs, but it makes sense to take a LB high since Henderson and Brinkley are both FA this offseason.

51. By john 61 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

i dont think there is any wide out worth a 1st round pick,they are good but a safer pick is dt,this year wide outs

52. By Parkway on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Not the DTs that will be available at our spot most likely.

53. By Parkway on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

But if we were able to get Hopkins/Rogers/Williams at WR in the 2nd, then I’d be fine with getting a DT in the first.

54. By john 61 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

were only 3 players form having a great front 7, we get that build it makes alot of bad dbs look good, i think in the 5-7 rounds the receivers are just as good and bigger

55. By Parkway on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

I also think it is more than likely we trade down a few spots to the bottom of the first or beginning of the 2nd for a few extra picks for maybe Minter or one of those WR at the beginning of the 2nd.

56. By john 61 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

i really hope your right,got to go the elk are in my hay,talk later about this

57. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

God is so good.

58. By OTKalil2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

59. By OTKalil2012 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

60. By VF209 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

whoever we get iin this draft I just hope there are a few impact players year 1 just like 2012…..must say i got myself a bit spoiled after the performance by our rookies this past season……ready to see this roster turn over a bit more and part ways with a few guys……..1 at the top of my list sad to say is Kevin Williams…..sorry bud….very appreciative for the career he has had in Minni but with that said in this game it can’t be about what you used to be; this game is about what have you done for me lately and sadly Kwill hasn’t produced and got the penetration he once did. Just hasn’t been the same player since ol’ Fat Pat left. A couple others: Stephen Burton doesn’t belong in the NFL and ol’ Jasper Brinkley not a quality starter. by my observations he is a liability in the passing game for sure and the very thing that he is supposed to be good at (stopping the run) he really didn’t do anywhere close to write home about. Next on my list is Charlie Johnson….and thats all i have to say about him. Call me crazy but I think Mike Jenkins did enough to earn a spot on this team. And then there is Aromashodu and If we do keep Jenkins then I would say Shodu should go and then there is the underachieving FA’s from last year….Simpson and Carlson……1st up is Carlson……what did he have about 3 catches all year? did hear he blocked well but he didn’t get 5mil just to be a good blocker and Simpson I sure wanted to like…..he had a nice play in preseason that caught my attention and he has some athletic ability but he doesn’t catch well with his hands seems to use his body to much and when you have a problem holding on to the ball thats kind of a problem when you play WR. But with that said I guess we will kind of see where we are at after FA and the draft I sure wanted to like him thought…..ok enuf rambling ……skol vikes

61. By VF209 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

like him though*

62. By VF209 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

good night every1

63. By Parkway on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Yeah I didn’t agree with that BR sign/walk article.

Not worth cutting Carlson. Already paid him 8 mill, only guaranteed 1.2 mill next year then we are off the hook if we want to cut him.

64. By vikesny on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

To the Wilfs,
    The Vikings lost Coach Tomlin a number of years ago and kept questionable coaches. Please consider going after Bill Cower and Norv Turner and give Adrian Peeterson his best chance to win a Super Bowl.

65. By vikesny on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Bill Cowher

66. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Coaches lost that playoff game, not Webb.

67. By vikesny on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

Again, we lose, in a year that had the likes of norv turner, lovie smith, andy reid, and rob ryan we keep our constipated looking leader, our offensive x”mastermindx” who seems to only call creative games when our draft picks are on the line joe webb is not a great quaterbackbut Green Bay couldnc’t stop him, so we did) and finally our defensive coordinator who can not piece together a defense designed to stop pass happy divisional opponents. A home playoff game would be nice if we could just win the nirth.

68. By Carl K on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

parkway… if the Vikings didn’t resign Peterson or Greenway early, than they will NOT resign Harvin early.

Harvin will be an even bigger problem this year (without a new contract)…. That ankle injury will linger into training camp… And out of the blue he will need some misterious surgery…. He will miss most of the season and then sign some where else next year… Sounds like and looks like another Sidney Rice!!!!

Will Speilman make that mistake again????

I think he will take a 2nd or a 3rd round pick for Harvin.

I like the guys like Greenway and AP that can man up and play through their rookie contracts without it getting ugly!

69. By Parkway on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

Actually Peterson was extended before his rookie deal ended

70. By Parkway on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

So much for your hero Titus:

Brent Schrotenboer of USA Today has reported that Armstrong intends to admit to doping throughout his career in the interview with Oprah Winfrey.

According to the report, Armstrong will not get specific in terms of cases and events in which it occurred, but will admit to doping nonetheless.

71. By Ozzinator on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

I don’t think Armstrong was Titus’ hero, he just respects him alot.

72. By dee jay born on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

as much as i would like Percy Harvin back,if Jarius Wright continues to improve he may not be back anyway,even though Jarius is not on Percy’s level…

73. By dee jay born on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

@vikesny…good point on that. we hang Musgrave all the time(rightfully so),but Alan Williams need to make changes in our defensive philosophy also,and stop leaning so much on the cover 2 all game,and only blitzing once or two times at the most during games…

74. By Carl K on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

Parkway- You are right about AP getting an early contract.
    AP is the best back in the NFL and he had to wait until the day before his final regular season started…. But he was going to make over 10 million in his final year of his rookie contract anyway…. franchising him was not an option. Harvin is not worth the franchise tag and he will probably not be in camp according to Zilgad anyway.

75. By old vike fan on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

our d-backs cant cover one on one, so they have to play cover 2. then the good qbs pick it apart. they have needed good d-backs for years.

76. By 61Vikings on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

Looks like you are sucking up to Titus again.

77. By North Star on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

There is a new poster out on Gun Control subject.
    It depicts a young soldier leaning on his Gatlin Gun. Underneath it states:

‘Mayor Michael Bloomberg says 19 year olds aren’t responible enough to have a pistol or a rifle’. Directly beneath is

“He obviously forgets who protects his Rich, Pansy Ass!”

78. By steve on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

1. free agent class of wr’s is much better than anything the draft has to offer. 2.We couldn’t even get a case of soda pop for Joe Webb if we tried to trade him.3.Alex Smith would look good in a Viking uniform. 4. let’s hope Speilman ,Frazier and et al use some brains and work to improve the team through the draft , free agency, and in house talent. (I don’t think any trades would be in the best interest of the team @ this time)

79. By vikesny on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

Cover 2 only works with a great pass rush, which we do not have and having big fast dbs that can line up and man hanfle the ws off the line and cause havoc on pass routes. I have been a Viking fan for almost 40 years and do not remember when we had a GREAT defensive backfield. Always getting burned on 3rd down unless our pass rush saved their a$$. Maybr next year. Musgrave had ano brainer offense hand off to AD until he gets tired. In our first loss he asked Ponder to throw onbfirst down on first two or three possessions with bad results putting us in a hole and GB ran up the score early again putting us in a hole, that AD almost dug us out. Imagine if we rushed early and put GB on their heels and pulled out a win. OC’s are sooo important we cant waste another year w our “mastermind”

80. By Ozzinator on Jan 13, 2013 | Reply

Well come on 61Vikings, Titus is a good guy. Not sucking up.

81. By no1viking on Jan 22, 2013 | Reply

After watching the Vikings play every game this season, I was proud to be a Viking fan, I was expecting a much improved team, They had a good draft, Wasent sure AD would be ready, but felt good about Gerhart running the ball. Hoped that after a rough rookie season that Ponder would be much improved, And for the most part I was very disapointed with his performance. He just did not seem ready, his confidence and his leadership was in question through out, And he made some of the same mistakes that he made a year ago, and at times, looked to be getting worse than better. We made the Playoffs, and I dont care who you are, that was a suprise. But in order for the Vikings to go to the Playoffs next season and beyond, We are going to need the kind of QB Performances that the current QB’s that just played in the Championship games did. This is a Passing league, and we cannot finish last or in the bottom half and expect to go very far in the Post season, It just wont work. Ponders Best game out of over 20 starts had to be the last game against GB in regular season to make the playoffs. If Ponder can even play close to that performance regularly, and with AD Running towards 2100 yds, This team could be unstopable. We desperetly need a number 1 wideout and I hope we go FA to get one now. We need Percy running back Kick offs, and playing the slot, and we need another inpact player at CB or Safty. And then a Linebacker or two. But none of this works unless we get the kind of play from the QB position, and I hope that Ponder is putting his heart and soul into being a NFL caliber QB PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

82. By clash of clan gemme illimité on Nov 23, 2013 | Reply

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
    I don’t know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

2. Jan 16, 2013: Vikings Blog | Maxwell Football Club Names Peterson Its Player Of The Year