Early Look At 2013 Opponents

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 7, 2013 – 7:58 am

Over the next week or so, our coverage of the Vikings here on the vikings.com Blog will be a mix of rehashing the 2012 season/Saturday’s playoff loss and looking ahead to the 2013 offseaon and regular season. Early this Monday morning, let’s start with a look ahead to next season.

While the 2013 regular season schedule won’t be known until late April most likely, we do already know the identity of the Vikings opponents for next season. Here’s a home/away breakdown of the opponents:

Opponents at home: Carolina, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Green Bay, Philadelphia, *Pittsburgh and Washington
*The game against Pittsburgh will be played in London on September 29, 2013.

Opponents on the road: Baltimore, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Detroit, Green Bay, NY Giants, Seattle

The regular season schedule is determined by a formula devised by the NFL back in 2002 following expansion (Houston Texans) and realignment. Here is the breakdown of how the schedule is determined:

– 6 games against your division (3 on the road, 3 at home)

– 4 games against a division in the NFC (2 on the road, 2 at home)

– 4 games against a division in the AFC (2 on the road, 2 at home)

– *2 games against teams that finished in the same spot in their division as the Vikings did the previous year in the NFC outside of the division they play four games against already (1 on the road, 1 at home).

*That last point can be a bit hard to explain, but for example, if the Vikings win their division and play four games against the NFC West the following year, then those two extra games would be against the teams who won the NFC East and NFC South.  In 2013, the Vikings play all four teams in the NFC East, so they play one game each against the NFC South and NFC West.

Tags:

139 Responses to “Early Look At 2013 Opponents”

1. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

We have a tuff schedule next season

2. By Vik1ing on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

for sure, well have to step up to make the playoffs next year…or itl be a 9-7.

3. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

This schedule will be a good test of how well we have improved. Lots of upcoming teams on the list. Should be fun to watch.

4. By Vikes4life on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Tough but I don’t think it will completely dictate the the Vikings 2013 record. Actually, looking at it, there are some easy wins on the schedule. Cleveland, Philly, Dallas, Detroit, Giants. Those are all teams that do not scare me. Not to mention that we should get a win from Chicago and another from Detroit. Also, I think the Steelers and Redskins games are games the Vikings can win. I think the Vikings are going to be a team to beat next year. The roster is fairly young and should only get better before it gets worse.
    GO GET EM’ VIKES!!!

5. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Your right about that it will be a test and I’m looking forward to see how we perform next season.

Next season well be a make or break season for a lot of peoples based on the outcome, hopefully its a make instead of a beak.

6. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I’m not scared of any of our opponents but I wouldn’t consider the eagles, giants and lions as easy wins maybe the cowboys but it all depends on what moves happen during this offseason

7. By Skolinthebowl2013 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Can’t wait for the off-season to get into full swing. If crazy Rick can draft like he did last year, then we are in for a good year in 2013. Some tough games on the schedule, but some easy wins as well. Many of those teams are has-beens that i think the Vikes can handle. Detroit and Chicago are going no-where next year and should give the Vikings at least two wins if not four. Pittsburg is only getting older and philly is going to be one of the worst teams in the league next year. We will be facing three teams with new coaches. The only tough games are going to be Green Bay, Baltimore, and Seattle. Mark my words. NEXT YEAR IS OUR YEAR (to lose an NFC championship game).

8. By TC612 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

It’ll be tough for sure, but this team is headed in the right direction. I think the Vikings will be able to go 10-6 again or better and make the playoffs.
    Another good draft and this team will be even better.
    Also need to have the backup QB position in a better state.
    Webb was most definitely not ready for that, tough scenario to just come in and be successful, but still. Rosenfels would have handled that a lot better.

9. By coloradovikes on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Thats a brutal road schedule

10. By Vikes4life on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Eagles are going to be an easy win. New coach-New Quarterback???. Detroit is back to being a mess. Chicago will be going through a transition period with a new coaching staff. Pittsburg is old. The Giants are question, We know we can beat GB at home. There will be a few tough games, but I see no reason why we can’t compete for a division title next year. The only games that worry me are Cincy, GB(away), Baltimore, and Seattle. The rest are all games that we can win.

11. By GreatYear on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

If we can win out at home, we only need to pull two more victories on the road and we are back in the hunt for 2013. This team has a good three/four years ahead of us. I think we might make it to the big-show in the next few years.

12. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Josh Freeman is going to be available!

As much as I like Ponder, and think he’s going to develop just fine, we should consider taking a shot at Josh. At the least, foster a little competition and show Christian that he needs to try a little harder if he wants to stay on top.

Just my thoughts…

13. By TC612 on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I don’t think we should trade Percy either. I think they can make it work. We just need a real number one reciever. Percy is too good and too dangerous. Obviously I don’t know the whole story with his off the field issues.
    But with that said, we don’t NEED Percy and that’s good.
    He lost leverage with the success we had without him.

14. By Vikes4life on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I’m torn with the Harvin situation. He has tremedous upside, but we turned it around without him. I’d like to keep him in purple, but if he is walking after next season, trade him while we can. As far as the rest of the guys. Smith, Robinson, Kalil, Rudolph, Sullivan, Cook, Wright, Griffen, Felton, Walsh, are all fairly young and should only get better before they get worse. Allen ,Loadholt, Greenway, Peterson (Harvin??) are all in their prime and have a few good years left. It’s really going to come down to QB play and age at CB and DT. I have a good feeling. I think the vikings are back to where we are supposed to be!

15. By Vikes4life on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I also would not be suprised to see Crazy Rick make a splashy FA signing this offseason. I think the window is starting to open for the Vikings. That is usually when teams make big FA signings. Don’t be suprised to see Jennings or Wallace in purple next year.

16. By Vikes4life on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Preferably Jennings….I like to stick it to GB in any way possible!!

17. By Gregorio on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Sweep Detroit, Sweep Chicago…(maybe), Split with GB. Beat Carolina, Philly, Cleveland. That is 8 possible wins. We won 10 games this season and could have easily won 2 more. No reason why we can’t win 10-12 games next season. Look out for the 2013 Vikings!!!
    SKOL!!!!

18. By Saddy on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

My favorite player in the draft is OG Chance Warmack, we should move up to get him, he is a great run blocker, With Chance on the OG it fills our weak point as well.

19. By Vikes4life on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Last year at this time, people were calling for the head of Ponder, Frazier, Spielman. Everyone wanted Ziggy to clean house. Now this year, we hear mostly praise. I hope the quick turnaround makes some people re-think thier logic(it wont). But anyway, I think just looking at how different bloggers have reacted to this season, speaks volumes about this team

20. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I’m not so high on any of these WR FAs. I’d like to see if Greg Childs is ready to go this year. Our staff was really high on this dude, until he ruptured the patella tendons in both knees before we could see him play.

21. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Otherwise, we need to draft a WR with our first pick!

22. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

And forget about Freeman … 2013 is his last season, not 2012. :-/

23. By MuskyFever on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Honestly, I thought Childs would be a great WR. but after tearing both knees I don’t think he will be half of what we thought he would. Obviiously he has and will have had a long time to get back to it with his work outs. but we can’t assume that he is like AD and will have the type of season coming off an injury like AD did. We are some what spoiled on the injury standings. AP kinda spoiled us. We all expect other guys to be able to do the same thing. This is just not the case for 99% of the rest of the NFL. He could be great, but he is going to have to prove a lot as far as I am concerned.

Hopefully we don’t trade Harvin. I would much rather see him in Purple than any other color. but again not sure what is going on with the off the field issues.

Get rid of Musgrave, Webb, i would like to see Ponder go, but that wont happen, Simpson, Burton, Jenkins, Shodu. and a few others.

Hopefully we draft some good WRs talent and can pick up some of the pas sing slack that we had this year

24. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Doesn’t every player have to prove “a lot”? Do you think Childs was happy this happened? We used a draft pick on this guy, so don’t you think we need to at least see what his status is prior to saying he’ll never amount to anything because of his injury?

I understand he’s probably no Adrian Peterson (who is?), but he’ll have been out for a full year. Plenty of time to get back to where he was before it happened.

Come PROVE you were worth the 4th round pick, Greg! WE NEED YOU!!!

25. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

And this leaves you feeling pretty good…

26. By DrinkHeavy on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

With the exception of the QB position, I really like the make-up of this team and am looking forward to next year. And I’m not a Ponder-hater, but it’s just that he hasn’t shown me yet that in the same class with even the tier 2 QBs like Stafford, Bradford, Dalton, etc (forget the tier 1 guys like Brady, Brees, Luck, Mannings..).

As for coaches, I was not overly impressed with either side of the ball this year, but I thought our pass defense improved a lot even though we played several rookies during the year. But who else is as sick as I am at seeing other teams come up with novel blitz pkgs to pressure the other QB while we seem to be always playing that Tampa 2 scheme? Either get smarter and try some new things or its time to go boys..

Offensively, if it wasn’t for AP turning so many potential ydg losses into gains we wouldn’t have been anywhere near competitive (and he still got tackled 51 times for losses). I’m not a Musgrave fan -he couldn’t manage to keep his job in Atl with a Matt Ryan at QB – so if they let him go, I don’t think we’ll lose all that much (unless the Vikings hire a complete idiot like Tony Sparano). Maybe Norv Turner or Romeo Crennel can get Ponder on track..who knows?

Great comeback season (thanks to AP, Blair Walsh, Kalil, Harrison Smith, Everson Griffen, Josh Robinson). Here’s to an even better 2013!

27. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

We need Harvin if not we should get someone with equal or better talent.
    Fans keep saying we did good without him yes that’s true but we was one dimensional.
    AP was running for 160 yards a game and our defense was playing great football but we was still missing a passing game the numbers don’t lie.

28. By MuskyFever on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

No i don’t think he was happy, but if you don’t think NFL players should have to prove themselves than I am darn happy your not a coach. He has to prove his worth… PERIOD.

I hope he comes back, snaps, and becomes the best WR in the NFL. But after an injury such as the one he suffered very few players come back with half the skill that theu had previously. All I’m saying is he has to prove that he is the same guy he was when we drafted him. I watched him in College, he has mad skill and talent. But that double injury scares me a lot. AP was a crazy onomily of an exception. But all players injured or not have to PROVE themselves as far as I am concerned. I don’t care who you are, you think you have skill, PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

29. By MuskyFever on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

nevermind, i missunderstood the post, still meant second paragraph.. ignore the first one though

30. By MuskyFever on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

very upset bout football this weekend

31. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Did you see what the Seahawks did when the game was on the line and the skins had a 3rd and 14? They brought the house and got a sack.

What do we do on 3rd and long? Play cover prevent defense and give up way too many 3rd and longs.

Really frustrating

32. By secgenfan on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I don’t post very often I prefer to see what you guys have to say but I’m angry at halftime Webb should have come out!!! He either skipped the ball to the we’d or threw it 20 yards over their heads!!! My opinion is get rid of Webb and get a STARTING Qb and make ponder his backup. I don’t dislike ponder at times he was GREAT but in the influx “at times” isn’t enough. I don’t know who we should get but MAYBE Alex Smith I don’t know what do you guys think????

33. By secgenfan on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

*** wide reciever*** and *** nfl ***

34. By Austin Erwin on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I think that Joe Webb is a great player in the wrong position. Why not try him out at reciever or some skill position that he could flourish at. Superbowl next season Vikes

35. By Austin Erwin on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

And Ponder should most definitley be our starter for next year and the rest of his career.

36. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Understandable, Musky … I think Childs will have a chip on his shoulder. I think he’ll “Prove It”. ;-)

37. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

secgenfan I can understand your frustration as when I heard Webb was going to start Saturday night I hoped for the best, but expected the worse. I think now with Ponder having is full first year doen, he will be the person to beat for the Starting QB position. I am not saying they don’t bring in a FA to compete for the position, but I don’t see it as a need. Webb as I have stated before is not going have a lot of teams looking to acquire his skills after Saturday’s perfomance. He may stay with Vakings as the #2 or #3 backup QB. Depends on the develop of MBT. If the vikings to acquire a FA QB, Webb is done with the Vikings they will cut him. IMO

38. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

We need to pick up Cousins to be our QB

39. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Austin does bring up a good point why not work Webb as a WR for next season. That way he gets the Preseason to get the knowledge he needs to play WR. I am not saying he makes the team as a WR though.

40. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I think we need to as some serious competition atty the qb position I wouldn’t crown Ponder as our starter without him earning it.
    He started hot then went on a slump and then became a game manager at best. During the for game stretch that everyone is saying he took us to the playoffs he only won one of those ranges on his own and it was against a good Houston team other then that AP got us to the playoffs.

He definitely needs a guy who can compete with him, someone who can lead us if Ponder losses the battle. It will only benefit the team because Ponder will either elevate his game or he’ll backup someone who’s better then him.

41. By H.M.G. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Here look at Ponder’s arm.

42. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

realviking but is it a critical need I don’t think so. They may look at other needs before the QB position this coming year.

43. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Agreed realviking. A 3rd for cousins and he can compete with Ponder and Ponder will end up being our backup and then probably get cut the next year.

44. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

HMG that looks as bad as I did when I dislocated my elbow in Iraq. I could hardly lift my arm afterward.

45. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I think it is a critical need Mike every team needs to have a good backup quarterback just in case the starter can’t get the job done

46. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

If he can’t throw the ball more than 15 yards, then he is better sitting it out.

Still doesn’t answer the question, why we didn’t see MBT in the 2nd half … at the latest!!!

47. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

that’s fair realviking. I just like that some here will not admit they are wrong even when it slaps them right along the head. I had stated before the season started about the Webb Ponder situation and through the season. I may not always be right but in this situation I feel I was right on target.

48. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

MBT just might be that good back up with Ponder as a starter though. So we won’t need a FA or High Draft pick used on a QB. Just something to think about.

49. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

50. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

cousins

51. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

lol Parkway Ponder

52. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Mike you and I have been watching this game for a long time.
    The backup is always thought to be better then the starter when the starter is playing bad and is unproven.
    I think bringing another guy in who’s capable of leading us helps us big time because regardless of who starts we’ll always have a good backup

53. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

What happens when Ponder has another 8 game slump next year…. what excuses will we give him…

54. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

True realviking there is always those that think the backup is better. I also agree that the organizaion may pick up a FA QB as there will be a few out there looking. Most will want to be guaranteed starter and I don’t think Spielman will want to be put in that position. I don’t think the guy from San Frann is going to want to come to MN as a backup or even want to compete with Ponder. I think it may be a competiton between Webb and MBT for the #2 spot. I feel that Spielman and Frazier are still sold on Ponder being the QB of the future. I think they will ride it out one more year. IMO

55. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Parkway you are assuming that he has a slump. He might not have a slump Predicting the future is difficult and looking back is always easy. I think Ponder has progressed and his p@sses have been more confident. One more of preseason may be enough to let him shine.

56. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

one more year of preseason

57. By dee jay born on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

i think most of our games next season are winnable,based on our QB play. we need to somehow develop MBT or get him some kind of playing time during the pre-season or regular as a competent backup. let’s not wait til the PLAYOFFS to drop him in (if needed) and tell him ”okay let’s get it done”…

58. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

We need a QB with leadership qualities and some passion for the game. Ponder has neither of these

59. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Spielman needs to be more like the Seahawks they went out and signed a big name free agent but yet held an open competition for the spot and look where it got them.

60. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Don’t forget guys … The backup also has the responsibility to make sure they’re doing all they can to come in and play to the best of their ability, should their time come. Joe Webb’s time came and he wasn’t prepared! Joe Webb became complacent!

61. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

K once again… I have to bring up how Webb played no worse than Ponder played in half the games this year…..

62. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

*******

Matt Flynn was to be Seattle’s starter, and only because he began to fall behind did Wilson even get a chance! How often do you think a first year guy gets the chance to come in the game, with the size disadvantage that Wilson has, and lights up the scoreboard like he has? There is about as much chance of calling this one before it happened as there is winning the lottery!

63. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

realviking they are only one more win ahead of us is all. They could be be out this next weekend. We did very well this year. Even with the ups and downs. Parkway you obvously are just spouting off and are feeling sorry that all along you were dead wrong.

64. By dee jay born on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

i think one problem with our defense is that we play cover 2 waaay too much during games. Antoine Winfield a great tackler during his career,but cannot keep up with these younger,faster WRs,so the cover 2 fits him well,but what about our other younger CBs? we need to make some kind of change,whether it’s in personel or in our scheme by getting rid of the cover 2 to fit our younger secondary..

65. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Big Time Players make Big Time Plays in Big Time Games….

Joe Webbs Big Time Game was here on Saturday, and he failed to deliver. It’s as simple as that.

66. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Some peoples who comment on these blogs have never played the sport before.
    Quarterback is the most important position on a team you don’t just step in and play great without any play time.
    I blame our coaches its obvious that no one within the organization has a clue on how to develop a quarterback.
    If Ponder was hurt that bad why the heck did they moot prepare for it.
    Ever since Harvin went down our coaches have been relying on AP to do everything for us and that’s exactly why we lost

67. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Exactly– Webb did not prepare Webb. What did he do all week at home? GO the extra mile and study film? Or play Xbox? He has had more than enough opportunities– and is only digressing every time we see him. He does not play from strategy– it is all instinct scrambling around for his life cause he could not read the D in the first place.

68. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Big Time players SHOW UP to play big time games. Ponder wimped out

69. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

If Ponder had played, right now we would be preparing for Atlanta.

70. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

And good:

Restructure it down to $2 mill or less please

71. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Agree, Dee Jay … The majority of games, we weren’t aggressive enough on Defense. Everson Griffen STILL managed to have a spectacular year, even though he isn’t a starter! 8 SACKS OFF THE BENCH!!!

72. By dee jay born on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

we also have to make room for Everson Griffen somewhere on defense so he can play more,not just being a situational player. i don’t know the contract statuses of Erin Henderson and Jasper Brinkley,but they have to step up more next season,or they should be out,and give Audie Cole a shot at LB…

73. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply
    Big Time players SHOW UP to play big time games. Ponder wimped out
    *******
    By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply
    If Ponder had played, right now we would be preparing for Atlanta.
    *******

Ponder couldn’t throw the ball more than 15 yards in warm ups, and even to that distance he couldn’t put any zip on the ball. Keeping him out was the right decision. Nonetheless, he feels guilty about not being able to go on Saturday night.

74. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Purpl I remember Pete Carroll saying that he would hold an open competition after they drafted Wilson. He never penciled anyone in as the starter, and who cares about size only the idiots who follow the scouts. Football is about can you play your position or not, you can’t judge someone based on size. Johnny football is only 6″0 I bet scouts will be talking about his height when he comes out

75. By dee jay born on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

@ The 1 And Only PurplHaze!…good point. i wasn’t aware of the amount of sacks Everson Griffen had (my mistake),but to have that many coming off the bench? he NEEDS more playing time, i just don’t know who should sit,i’m caught up with that one…

76. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Henderson and brinkley are FA, they should both be gone

77. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

______________________________________________________________

1) He never can throw the ball with zip
    2) Of course he is going to say that after the game, but secretly he is thinking “I’m glad I faked not being able to throw so my job would be safe for next year”

78. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply
    And good:
    Restructure it down to $2 mill or less please

*******

Kevin’s lack of performance is another by-product of the Vikes staff letting Pat Williams go at the wrong time. Pat was STILL VERY PRODUCTIVE!!! He was the one taking Double-Teams so Kevin could have success!

79. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Parkway, I simply disagree with your opinion about this situation. I’ll leave it at that!

80. By Filip on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

LONDON BABY!!!

81. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I think we’ll probably keep Brinkley, but I can see Henderson going.

82. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

They greatly overvalued his individual worth due to the ability of pat to take on double teams. He will be more productive if we can get a big DT in the draft, but still not worth his contract.

83. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I don’t care what any fan says. I want us to go out and get a quarterback I don’t know what games you guys are watching or been to but the ones that i watched I see AP doing everything and our defense forcing turnovers.
    And the games that I’ve been to I saw Harvin being the beast that he is making plays out of nothing

84. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

7 Mil is a big number for a D-lineman! And I agree, Pat made Kevin look better than he actually was.

85. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Fraziers says he “expects Harvin to be here next year” . But I’m sure he would say that no matter what, so probably doesn’t mean anything.

86. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I’d like to see Allen’s restructured too… he’s set to receive $14 mill next year….

87. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Parkway has been cutting Ponder most of the season and then his guy Webb doesn’t show up for the game. He can’t admit he’s wrong, but continues his banter about Ponder. I question his ability to go past his own slighted opinions. Realviking they may just go find another QB, but Iwouldn’t put any bets on it. Just saying.

88. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

If you guys notice how Kevin took steps back after losing Pat then why are you guys calling for us to trade Allen.
    Just like Kevin Allen is facing double teams so that Robison and Griffin can make plays. Griffin did a good job but I expected more from Robison because he has more experience and he’s the starter how can you not post double digits sacks going 1 on 1 imagine if we do trade Allen Robison will be horrible

89. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I’ve actually been very objective about Ponder. He’s had a few average games and a lot of very sub par games. He’s not a leader and lacks passion for the game. I’m not a Webb proponent but it bothers me that those calling for Webbs head after one sub par game after not starting for over a year are the same individuals who keep saying to give Ponder time repeatedly after every poor game he has.

Very illogical

90. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Kevin was always good way before Pat got here Pat just took some pressure off of a young guy.
    Kevin is doing the job that Pat use to do the reason why you guys can’t see that is because we don’t have another guy doing the things that Kevin did when Pat was around.

91. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply
    By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply
    Big Time players SHOW UP to play big time games. Ponder wimped out
    *******
    By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply
    If Ponder had played, right now we would be preparing for Atlanta.
    *******
    ————————————————————
    ALLOW ME TO CLARIFY– had Ponder played healthy, we would have won. I am not saying we should have played him with his injury, but comparing our chances with both our QBs (when both prepared). And people stop the nonsense Joe had no preparation– he sat for 16 weeks on the sidelines– what is he suppose to do for 800K a season? His job is TO PREPARE.

92. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Robison’s numbers weren’t bad this season either, Real. But to say Griffen did what he did this season because of Allen is a CROCK! Next to JJ Watt, I think Robison was the only other D-lineman I saw consistently knocking the ball out of the air.

If anybody had an off season, it was Allen, and that’s because he was playing with a shoulder injury.

93. By dee jay born on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

thanks Parkway…Audie Cole needs to be the WILL next season

94. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

OK, Titus … I agree with you. Ponder would have given us the BEST CHANCE to win that WC game, no doubt. Unfortunately he couldn’t go, and I support the decision to keep him on the bench.

95. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

A big DT to command double teams will definitely free up our ends, but I think we should focus on our secondary sooner than we focus on a DT so I’m not sure we will find that guy this year.

96. By Spencer on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Mother of God…

97. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Frazier is a great coach– I am not second guessing him for keeping Ponder on the bench– look at Shanahan right now– wasn’t that smart? Redskins are so desperate to get back to winning they nearly killed their new franchise QB.

98. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Parkway make sense to me how come Joe the backup should’ve been prepared but Ponder the starter gets all these excuses.
    Like he didn’t get an offseason or the o line played bad, or he didn’t have a full year under his belt . I can understand Mike B but that’s because he supports every player who starts on our team including Webb if he’s playing.

99. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Yep … The Skins didn’t do the right thing there. RG3 hasn’t been 100% since that game against the Ravens when he took that hit. And then Cousins comes in and keeps the wheels turning. Says a lot for how much he was preparing prior to that moment!

100. By Forrest Gump on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

101. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Cousins is a good QB period. I hope we go after him

102. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

That would be the story I was referring to about Harvin. Don’t think it means anything though

103. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

A guy manages to get 12 sacks while getting double teamed and you call that bad but another guy gets 8.5 sacks while being 1 on 1 and you call that great. Take Allen out of the lineup and I wanna see what Robison can do. Griffin didn’t even start and he finished with 8 sacks.

104. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Thanks RealViking

105. By H.M.G. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Well we all saw what playing an injured QB can do when RG3 was one legging it because Mike Shannahan wants another SB ring so badly he is willing to risk the Redskins Franchise QB.
    Maybe the Skins could have advanced if the went to Cousins before RG3 was knee gave out finally.
    Shannahan should be fired for his lies about RG3 health since he was first hurt.
    Unlike Shannahan Fraizer cares about his players health and wants to put them in the best position to win.
    If (with Spielman as GM it should) the offseason works out well FA/Draft then the Vikings should be competing again next year and for many years to come.
    Also maybe a new OC who knows how to run a p@ssing offense.
    Names that come to mind Norv Turner and Pat Shurmur.

106. By Immure on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Yea and now there is alot of Redskins fans calling for Shanny’s head because of his decision to keep RG3 in the game. On the flip side if Shanny had held RG3 out of the game and they still lost there would still be alot of fans calling for Shanny’s head and would be questioning RG3s toughness.

Its a dam’d if you do, dam’d if don’t situation.

107. By H.M.G. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

108. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

So if Shanahan made the wrong decision by keeping RGlll in the game because he thought that’s who gave him the best chance to win the game.
    Why is it that the same peoples who say that are the same ones who said Frazier made the right decision by keeping Ponder in the game during his slump because he thought that he gave him the best chance at winning.
    Don’t say injury because Ponder was hobbling around to and it could’ve got just as bad.

109. By dee jay born on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

@Parkway…as far as secondary i like our safeties,our CBs are decent,i’m just curious about Antoine Winfield’s role next season(starting CB or nickel back?). we just need to get rid of AJ Jefferson and keep Marcus Sherels at PR, and teach him how to make the 1st man miss on returns…

110. By H.M.G. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Look at how badly RG3 was struggling to move. He could not protect him self.
    Shannahan should have benched him in order to protect his future.
    You don’t have a one legged undersized QB out there when you know defense like to hit him.
    It is not safe and risked his career and the future of the Redskins organization.

111. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

H.M.G Frazier if Frazier cared about his players like you say he do then why did he play AP last season in a meaningless game?
    Why did he let Harvin go back in that Seahawks game?
    Why did he just let Harrison Smith return after an injury that looked serious?
    Are they not as important as rglll?

112. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

*******

Allen had 22 sacks last season! Wasn’t he getting double-teamed then?

I never said ANYTHING different about Griffen! Actually, I was the first to post that!

113. By dee jay born on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

as far as Jared Allen,it’s hard to repeat what he did the year before, so i think he’s earned every penny he has coming to him, including next year. so i would not want to restructure his contract unless he agrees to it..

114. By H.M.G. on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

The difference is this RG3 could not play let alone walk because he was badly hurt. While Fraizer was giving Ponder the chance to work through his slump and guess what he DID! We made the Playoffs with a combination of Ponder’s smarts, arm, and legs and AD inhuman ability to do what he does.

115. By dee jay born on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

if Jasper Brinkley comes back,he needs to battle for that MLB spot..

116. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Exactly what I’m saying did you expect Allen to repeat that?
    About the double team thing, Allen had that many sacks last season because our defense was on the field for like the whole game.
    And how many times did Strahan reach 20 sacks after that record?
    So I’m guessing if AP only rush for 1400 yards next season you’ll be on here bashing him to or if Greenway gets 125 tackles next season it will be a problem with you right?

117. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

We made the playoffs because of AP and our defense. And Ponder was injured during that stint to, you would know if you watched any games.

118. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I don’t know why you’re bringing up off the wall “stuff” to try to substantiate your argument. I don’t have this much time in my day. Peace!

119. By Daniel on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

We need to get a QB with some experience to be a backup & 1 or 2 WR’s via FA in the offseason

120. By Spencer on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Heres a pic of Ponders arm….

121. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

You don’t have time because you know I’m right and I have facts tho backup my argument

122. By Tomcat on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Wow, looking at our schedule for next year, we better get at least one more good cb. We`ll face several teams that like to spread it out with 4 or 5 wr`s.

123. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

*******

I don’t have time because you’re an imbecile with a keyboard! You want to know so bad? Well, THERE IT IS!

124. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

DRC or Grimes in FA and a CB in the first 3 rounds is definitely required.

125. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Not as big a imbecile as you your probably the worst blogger on here. How many times have we seen you disrespect someone who doesn’t agree with your bogus opinions. I think you need to go do your homework on football before you type.

126. By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

You can never have enough talent but I think our secondary was pretty solid not including Jefferson but I wouldn’t mind adding someone who can take us to that next level.

127. By Parkway on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

New blog

128. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

I think you need to come here and dictate orders to my face, internet tough guy.

129. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

By realviking on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply
    Not as big a imbecile as you “your” probably…..

*******

And it’s “YOU’RE”. Thanks for validating my statement!

130. By Johnny on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

it looks as if we will have a semi tough schedule. The only part I don’t understand is the Seahawks because we went to Seattle this year shouldn’t it be their turn to come play at our field?

131. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Looks like a pretty easy schedule. 12-4 is my early prediction.

132. By Derrick.G on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

We have a lot of idiot fans on here…..mother of god, I need to disappear for another 8 months again, to rebuild my IQ…Seriously, some of you are plain dumb.

133. By Derrick.G on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

They beat us Johnny, and they hold tie breaker, Similar to playoff rules.

134. By Derrick.G on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

On the other hand, there are others on here that can hold meaningful conversations, and peaceful debate, without laying out profanity. And still keeping cool with one another.

135. By Andrew on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

If we pick up some Corners, A new Punter, and Larry Fitz. We will be great. Do the right thing!

136. By DaVikeFan on Jan 7, 2013 | Reply

Spielman & Frazier will stick with Ponder. They need to keep building around him, Wallace or Jennings, maybe also get Fitzgerald home. Percy is going to be an issue, then a FA. They dont know how to utilize Webb, Carlson or even Toby. Still pretty excited about Vikes. Gotta get Griffen & Cole in there more…anybody know how Childs is progressing?

137. By wyonorseman on Jan 8, 2013 | Reply

I said before the beginning of this season, playoffs this year, super bowl next year. I’m sticking to it. Looking at next years schedule we should win at least 12 games.

138. By pdizzle on Jan 8, 2013 | Reply

ponder is horrible, horrible and who ever says anything positive about ponder as a quarterback in any way is a FOOL. he is a rich, brat, sissy. thats what i see from him. his foot work sucks, never plants his feet, always throws off balance, used to be able to scramble, but now a days, he is more ready to throw ball away or lay down. he dont know how to drop back and then move back up in pocket for protection. my daughter has a stronger arm. he suckssssss

139. By pdizzle on Jan 8, 2013 | Reply

vikings needs= QB, QB,QB,QB…WR..cook needs replaced, fat loadholt needs to go home, jared allen is washed up. i felt soooooo bad for A.P (28) ALLDAY BEAST for not haveing a QB QB QB, playaction should of been our bread and butter. WILF better wake up and clean (CLEAN) house or he aint gona have a house, starting w getting rid of fraizier, hes a sissy, quiet, non motivator, non head coach. and then ponder, BYE!!!!!. hopefully we can get some taller atheletic cb, mlb, someone to stop teams from EVERYTIME picking up 3rd and 22, everytime 3rd an long teams pick it up, PATHETIC. We dont need alot. QB, WR, CB, few beefy guys on line (bothsides). and get rid of the washed up players. and we have a few. i dont get why cook or loadholt are still around, whatever. i just want a superbowl before i die.