Can’t Get Away From Greenway

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 1, 2013 – 3:33 pm

Entering the 2012 season, Chad Greenway had led the Vikings in tackles for four consecutive seasons. Now you can make it five consecutive seasons.

Greenway finished the season with a career-best 184 tackles, 61 more than the next defender – rookie S Harrison Smith with 123. Only Scott Studwell has led the team in tackles for more consecutive seasons (6).

“He’s a very good tackler, those numbers speak to that,” Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier said. “But his effort, as much as anything, has a lot to do with the number of tackles he gets. And then along with his instincts. He’s a very instinctive football player. He’s around the ball a lot, and he’s always hustling. He’s one of those guys going a hundred miles per hour, and he has a nose for the football. There are certain guys that just have a knack for being around the ball and making plays, and he’s one of those guys.”

The numbers support Frazier’s claim. Greenway had 10+ tackles in a game 10 times this season, including four consecutive games with double-digit tackles to start the season and a season-high 18 stops at Green Bay in Week 13. Greenway led the team in tackles in 8 of the team’s 16 regular season games, and he also tallied 8.0 tackles for loss, 8 passes defensed, 3.0 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumble and 1 INT.

Greenway earned his first career Pro Bowl berth last season following a then career-best 174-tackle season. Although he topped that number this season and added a few splashy plays, Greenway was a snubbed from this year’s Pro Bowl.

But that’s okay. Greenway’s focus for now, as he and his teammates prepare for a playoff game at Lambeau Field on Saturday, is on a different “bowl” game 4.5 weeks.

Tags: ,

145 Responses to “Can’t Get Away From Greenway”

1. By norsejeremyw on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Greenway was a superior pick up! Hats off to the org. for that~

2. By norsejeremyw on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I admit, I had my doubts when he was hurt right away his first year~

3. By OTKalil2012 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Sounds like A Reid is going to the Cards…

Well there you go…Reid loves crazy multi talented young WR’s…

Trade Fitz to the Vikings for Harvin…Reid brings in Vick to compete with Kolb…

And thing go from dull to crazy in Arizona…(all hypothetical of course).. :-)

4. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I am very surprised Chicago fired Lovie Smith. But that’s ok with me. He’s a very good coach. In my minds eye they won many many games just due to his coaching.

5. By OTKalil2012 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

What about the Jags ???…

Tebow wants out of the Jets…
    Percy wants out of the Vikings…

Jags sign Tebow…
    Jags give the Vikings their number 2 pick in the first round in this springs draft for Harvin…

Tebow and Harvin are back together in Florida…Selling season tickets to Florida fans…To see Tebow and Harvin back together again…

A COMING HOME STORY !!!…

For both players !!!…

You heard it here first !!!…. ;-)

6. By OTKalil2012 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

The Vikings could easily trade Harvin for the Jags second and fourth round picks also…

That would give the Vikings the first overall pick at the top of the second round…

First and second picks switch places in the second round on day 2 of the draft…

7. By BlueBird7 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

vikes – or die

Mike Ditka also was very unhappy that L. Smith got fired!

He said if Minnesota had lost, Smith wouldn’t have been fired!

Mike Ditka also said the Vikings played a very good game. :)

8. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I don’t know OTKALIL,
    I am thinking some how we make amends and keep Harvin. A player like that doesn’t come around very often. Harvin may get a little bent out of shape at times, but I really don’t see him as a bad egg. But, It is yet to be seen I guess. He is such a great player, I hope his attitude isen’t going south on him. But if his attitude is bad, I say trade him, FOR SURE.

9. By try outs on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

–) +( “) *)

10. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Ya BlueBird7,
    Bad for Ditka, But good for the Vikings. L. Smith was a pain in the butt. Great Coach.

11. By Wheres George? on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

+() >>>) …( …)

12. By RichardA1 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Vikes should grab up Lovie Smith as a coach, he’s good! Greenway is really good.

13. By RichardA1 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Vikes should grab up Lovie Smith, he has some coaching skills, would also help us beat the bears.

14. By RichardA1 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Greenway is a great player.

15. By RichardA1 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

did i say greenway was great and smith is a good coach? said it would’nt post and it did!!

16. By Immure on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Lovie would want a HC job and he has some offers out there for one (cards and bills).

17. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Wobbles that is an irresponsible line at the end– Greenway and the team are not focused on the Superbowl– they should be focused on one game at a time. I

18. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

No thanks, I like Leslie Frazier.

19. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Look at this– Ponder better than Peyton Manning!

20. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Andy Reid– go to Buffalo and make the Bills a contender!

21. By Fred Swenson on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

First of all, I had not heard that Greenway was not voted in for the Pro Bowl. How stupid is that? Second, why are we talking about Lovie Smith for Vikings coach (are we?) when Les Frazier just took the team from 3-13 to 10-4 in only his second full season, and the first with a full pre-season to refine his own system? Lastly, if Harvin can’t be rehabilitated, and I’m not talking physically, he needs to go and the team needs to push a hard bargain to get the most they can for him. This could be a tough balancing act, because if other teams get word that it’s about attitude, he’s going to be worth a lot less. Frankly, I’m having a hard time getting a grasp on how it has gotten to this point. I never saw Percy as one to pull a Prima-Donna act, and the rumors of him being unhappy with his role don’t make any sense; he was number 1 punt and kick returner, played slot as good as anybody in the league and got more touches out of the backfield than any other non-running back that I’m aware of. Hester in Chicago was griping about the same thing, but he was getting nowhere near the number of touches per game that Percy was. What does he want to do, line up on the other side of the ball and play corner? (Might not be a bad idea with Winfield out again). I really hope the Vikings and Percy can make things work; I felt that if we had had him this whole year that the NFC title game and possibly more might have been within reach.

22. By Vikings1 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

@Fred Swenson

Even without Harvin, the way this team has played anything is possible. Remember the Giants were 10-6 last year and won the SB brecause they got hot at the right time. The Vikings continue to impress with their last 4 game winning streak, I am not counting them out at all, who knows, this might be their year, GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!

23. By vikingbob136 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Hopefully Vikes can bring someone in who can take the load off of Greenway.
    Henderson and Brinkley aren’t doing it for me.

24. By Parkway on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

We’ll definitely pick up a LB early in the draft

25. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I don’t think we trade Harvin. The more I dwell on it, I am nearly certain it won’t happen. Spielman brought him in– and he likes his genius picks. Harvin really is a huge difference maker on the field– imagine if suddenly we heard he was playing in Saturday’s game– it would be monumental for our favor. No, I think the Vikes keep Harvin, provided they can work through some of his disciplinary problems– don’t get worked up at the coach– that ain’t cool.

26. By scviking on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

TITUS I FUGURED U WOULD KNOW THAT PRIMA DONNA WONT BE AVAILABLE FOR SATURDAY. Sorry for all caps it was accident. dude hes on IR. he isnt coming to help us. we used our get outta ir card already

27. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Bring in a great WR like Fitzgerald– keep Harvin and AP — add Rudolph– that is an awesome offense.

28. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I do know Percy is done for the season– he is not even in Minnesota. I wrote a hypothetical to accent Percy’s value.

29. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

That is why I used the word, “imagine.”

30. By scviking on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

im might be spouting off a lil early but what is percy really worth? the trouble an always accident injure prone hollerin at my coach u name it stuff? Nah. granted seattle did get the better of him but they are contenders. i loved his work wearing the horns. but if he wants $ and spotlight. bye bye for a draft pick pardna!! how often do i hear him give respect to the up above? probly cant say the l o r d on viks.com AP DOES! i didnt see earings on sidline in W against the cheesies

31. By scviking on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

my bad titus. i see percy more valuable as a bargain chip. not teamate. i will admit ill miss his talent

32. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I agree– I was saying Harvin is gone for sure– but suddenly I thought maybe not. I don’t know– I am more speculating on if we actually trade him– not on whether we should or not. I like predicting things– what can I say.

33. By pinkerton on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

i gotcha. his future is in his hands for sure. sorta. i hope he gets a joe kapp mentality and starts becoming a leader as well as a teamate! i want him around but not if he doesnt care about his fellow noreman

34. By pinkerton on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

norseman*

35. By RichardA1 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I did’nt mean lovie to coach, i ment as a coach under frazier. He will end up in a position like that anyway, probably.

36. By Tomcat on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Scott Studwell was a #9 draft pick.

37. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Norv Turner might be a good OC for us– I still wonder about Musgrave’s cooking index card for play calling.

38. By Spencer on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Im sorry, but im just not for trading the 2nd best player on the team in his prime.

39. By Dr. Remulak on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I don’t think Percy is a diva, or has that type of personality. You never see him celebrating excessively or talking major s.hit like you do with guys like Ochocinco or T.O.

I just think he’s young and impatient, and hopefully he outgrows it. He definitely needs to learn his place and needs to make an apology to Coach Frazier and the rest of the team.

But that being said, I just went back and re-watched our game against the Jacksonville today. We would not have won that game without Percy. In fact most of the early games we won this year would have been impossible without him, imo.

When he’s on the the field the guy gives 110% on every play. And there’s not a Vikes fan who can deny that.

40. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

That’s what I am thinking Spencer,
    No way I trade him. Work it. It’s workable. The fact that he is not a wideout and got injured works to the owners favor. If we are going to sign him, it will be done before the next season begins.

41. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

As much as I have blamed Musgrave I’ll say that it doesnt matter what the play call is, the players still have to go out and execute.

42. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Yeah if Percy were to finish the season at the pace he was at we would have to had given him a HUGE contract. We can sign him to a contract extension before next season for a discount now.

43. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

@Titus was that you talking about how Buck and Aikman call games? If so I’ll say that I was surprised they actually did a good job calling that game.

44. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I like Aikman, but he kills me at times. Does he actually study games before he comes to work a game? Or does he just talk out his butt as the game goes along?

45. By john 61 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

odds 30-1 that we win ,thats great, we like them odds

46. By norsejeremyw on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I had thought that, also, GrandDaddyPurp~ I felt they were just and quite fair~

47. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

SUPERBOWL IS THREE GAMES AWAY!! But first we have to take care of Greenbay. It’s ours for the taking. The Noresman will rise to the occasion and victory will be our cause for kicking their @sses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

48. By Parkway on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Would be nice to see Rhodes opposite of Cook next year

49. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

You have to admit I have Aikman’s lines down pat– he has a script. And I know Vikings fans don’t want to hear this, but…
    The Vikings came to play today Joe and they are playing LIGHTS OUT!

50. By john 61 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

this wiil be the hard game,next 2 were better

51. By derek on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I really like Wright as a WR. He’s like Harvin. Both of them on the field together next season will b dangerous.

52. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Ya know whats funny as we continue to talk about our team. We say things like, we need this player and we need that. But all the while we continue to grow each and every week and get better. Our team is young with A TON of talent. But it takes time.
    And I must say, the chemistry of our team is very, very, very impressive.

53. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Right on vikes or die– and how many times have we soared into the playoffs on four wins? Usually we hold our breath and hope we start like 6-0 and make the playoffs– this year is more like reality. The team has resiliency and spirit– I said that from game one when we came back at the last second to go into OT. Yes, we just won four games– including against the Texans, Packers, and Bears. And two road wins– this is how you go into the playoffs. Even in 2009 when we were number two seed, we played so so the last four games- I think we lost two or three of them.

54. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Haha Titus reading all those quotes I was hearing Aikmans voice in my head saying that. You were spot on with those.

55. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I want to welcome everyone into our broadcast booth, that’s Troy Aikman and I am Joe Buck and we will be joined later by Pam Oliver on the field.

56. By Parkway on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Patterson, Bowe, Wright, Simpson, Jenkins next year.

57. By Spencer on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

LOL Titus, brilliant!

58. By john 61 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

harvin will stay and shape up or be trades to a team that has no chance

59. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Titus, I believe Rodgers is going to step on Lamebo field and have the worst game of his carrier. Thanks to our world class “D” BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I think you are right– I admit I was concerned about the last game– I joked we would cream them, but deep down I was worried that Rodgers would light up like he did against the Texans. I still am concerned, but I think we have an honest shot this Saturday– provided the team stays focused, is loose, and avoids penalties. Everything right now is gravy– heck it we get to Atlanta, everyone will say Frazier and Spielman are geniuses and Ponder a k a 3 and out will be in self-imposed exile.

61. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

“Give credit to Frazier and his staff, the Vikings have played lights out today.” Thats my favorite.

62. By john 61 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

i hope so,vikes-or-die, hope allen-griffin eat him up

63. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Lamebo– funny, I didn’t catch that.

64. By pinkerton on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

i dont want ppl gettin the impression i dont like percy. i wanted my wife to wear 12 while i wore 28! but theres something goin on w him an our personnel that isnt quite coehesive. WHERE is he on sidelines during rams? texans? PACKERS! all that aside our team has put donovans sweaty foot in his mouth the past month. what a sweet win to watch in south carolina as americas game of the week! which it was

65. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I have a game we can play. Guess which one of these bloggers is Ponder aka 3 and out. He had to have changed his name after the game.

66. By john 61 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

lets play

67. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

pinkerton this is just my opinion but I really think Frazier is hoping this time away from football Percy has had will mature him up. That and seeing the success we’ve had without him.

68. By Parkway on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

This game will be a lot about coaching and scheme on defense, we don’t have the personnel to match up against Rodgers in our secondary so they will need to be creative. Winfield needs to be effective for us to have a chance. Not to mention Ponder will need to play another mistake free game.

69. By pinkerton on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

whats ur first guess fellas? id laugh if you thinks its myself

70. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

pinkerton,
    It’s easy to do with a player like Harvin. But Harvin is Harvin and will always be Harvin. AD is ALL DAY!! Not harvin and that’s where you can get confused. And personally that is why I always get up set when I saw Harvin in the back field. It’s was rediculous. All it did was limit the offence instead of expand it.

71. By john 61 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

that all depends on the weather,if its wind and snow we have a good run game,lets hope for bad weather

72. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Agree we need to limit our mistakes. Loadholt needs to watch those penalties. We must win the turnover battle.

73. By Parkway on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

It’s not supposed to snow

74. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Pinkerton, funny you say that. But as I recall you were here a few years back when firechildress was active. Ponder AKA is, let me guess…

Just look for the latest complaint trend.

75. By pinkerton on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

man daddypurp that is def something im hoping for. the kid has too much talent to let it not be utilized on the side of purple an gold. anyways im not goin to dwell on 12. hes great but our team is amazing. we are becoming a unit whether the nfl sees it or not. man this has been a great season

76. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I’m just waiting for some one to copy and paste a complete article without citing the source. Then I will know.

77. By john 61 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Ponder aka 3 and out its ok i heard everone cut down ponder, i even sais we should start web at one time,and he still might have to play this next game

78. By Immure on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

We’ll need our ST to step up on Saturday as well especially if the Packers have Cobb back. Last week they gave up some big plays so that needs to be corrected.

79. By Parkway on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

A few various sources seem to think we wouldn’t get more than a 2nd for Harvin. That doesn’t make any sense considering Carson Palmer, a player nowhere near the talent level of Harvin, was just trade for a 1st round pick.

But if that was truly the case, there would be absolutely no reason to trade Harvin regardless of what he wanted.

80. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I’ve criticized Ponder. I’ll still brag that I can throw a football longer and faster than him.

81. By john 61 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

i think at best we could get a high 2nd and mybe a 4th

82. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I don’t think Greenbay knows what to do with Ponder. Who will have a bigger game? Ponder or AD?

83. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

The first few games when Brian Billick and ?? commentated– those two said Harvin was the best overall player in the league –offensively. Who can argue with Billick?

84. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Billick can handle the truth.

85. By Parkway on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Exactly, so I don’t see how a proven dynamic player as good as Harvin wouldn’t get us at least 2 first rounders and he’s only 24 I think.

86. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Parkway thats the Raiders. The Patriots took advantage of their stupidity several times. Traded Moss for a 4th rounder i believe and then traded a 1st rounder for an aging Richard Seymour.

87. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Sorry Titus, Billack can’t handle the truth!

88. By john 61 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Palmer was a proven player ,not saying harvin not but hes never played a whole season,and this year he might have made it if are recivers steped up and taken some load off him

89. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Teams will not want to give us two 1st rounders. Maybe the Raiders. I dont see anyone else doing it. The Patriots would probably give us a 2nd round pick at the most. Whatever we do, do NOT do business with the patriots.

90. By Spencer on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Remember when Fred use to go on his “Hire a GM” rampages?

91. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Ya Grandad, thats right,
    One of the dumbest things we ever did was get rid of Moss. Let’s not make the same mistake. If a player becomes out of control and you get rid of him, it better be because you did all you could do to figure out why he is kicking against you. Try and correct it. If not, you do the player and yourself a disservice.

92. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

John Percy played in every game last season. It was the only full season he played in his career.

93. By Immure on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Spencer- Yea and his “Draft Oline” rants as well.

94. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Palmer was overrated– always has been– remember Bengals are one of my teams, mostly by default because I attended college near there — why do all three of my teams have no Superbowls???

95. By Immure on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Well the team did both and so far they’ve paid off.

96. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Moss probably was out of control. Just saying.

97. By john 61 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

thanks for the correction GrandDaddy

98. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Why was my second favorite team’s only superbowl win against us?

99. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

if his “young” career I should add

100. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Palmer’s meltdown came when he had both, Chad Johnson and Owens. Go figure. Talent is not everything. Ha! Palmer can find his way, but that will be up to Palmer.

101. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

of*

102. By Spencer on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

So Reids the new coach in AZ? I wonder who was the token minority for the coaching interview because of the Rooney Rule..

103. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Titus the bills are my 3rd favorite. I hope they get Lovie Smith.

104. By Parkway on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

The falcons gave up 5 picks including 2 first rounders for an unproven WR in Julio Jones and he’ll never be as good as Harvin.

105. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

The Bengals’ future is looking great Titus. I wanted us to draft Devon Still and Burfict but they drafted those two. Now 2 of our 3 biggest needs are at DT and LB.

106. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I hope so too– Bills deserve to be a winner again- they have been in a drought since my one granny passed– she loved Jim Kelly. Another great player who never won a Superbowl. That better not happen to AP.

107. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Winfield must be one of your all time favorite players huh.

108. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I hope Winfield wins a SB

109. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

as a Viking of course

110. By BMF on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

There are always teams desperate for a WR. I think you could get a 1st and a 3rd for Harvin (unless the 1st is a top 5 pick). That’s what we gave for Allen. Harvin may get some dings during the year, but he usually plays. Plus, if you look at past drafts, even 1st rounders are hit or miss.

111. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

As Crazy as this might sound, DT and LB have lost their value a bit. It’s now a passing league so what once is is not what is use to be. You need talent every where but now the more versitile player has more value.

112. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Vikes-or-die we need a LB that can cover those tight ends that are usually a problem for us. I was reading an article the other day that brought up a great point. Every great defense throughout the history of the NFL has had a great LB corps.

113. By Dr. Remulak on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

@Parkway

How about Jacksonville last year taking a punter in the 3rd round. They seem like suckers to me.

Someone earlier mentioned the Tebow-Harvin-Florida connection and they have one of the worst ticket sales in the NFL.

If the new owner falls in love with the idea we might get a Hershel Walker type of deal out of it.

114. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

20 degrees with a chance of snow Saturday at GB.

115. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I can’t wait until he new stateium is built. i will go up to Minnesota and tailgait at every home game. I hope to meet some of you guys there!!!!

116. By Spencer on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Build a dome, its too cold in Minnesota.

117. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Granddad,
    I can’t argue with that. Many come to mind.

118. By john 61 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

to stop the pistiol offence you need a great nose tackle that can move 3-4 yards back into the qb or back and mess it like haynewworth use to do

119. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Granddad,
    I hope our first pick is a WR. The second pick a LB. Or vice-a-versa!!!!!!!!!!!! BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

120. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I think you guys will like this

121. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Speed Kills these days. The NFL is the best of the best, BUT you have to roll with the changes. But you can’t loose your mind, you have to go with what is prevelant and what plays to your strength.

122. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Well its about that time for me. Goodnight everyone.

123. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

But make no mistake, It always starts up front on both sides of the ball. Patients is key. Get that solidified and the world is your play ground.

124. By john 61 on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

good post GrandDady i like it but the reciver, we need to draft all defence,pick up rfree agent reciver

125. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Spencer, I meant to comment on this earlier. The Rodney Rule. Is that actually still in effect. That to me is a slap in the face of every American person. Is this not the melting pot of the world that our for fathers fought for. Or is it politics to that the american people can’t fight for?

126. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

All I basically is saying is, white, black, purple, red, or whatever, we better wake up and smell the coffee and don’t allow money to dictate the truth. What is the truth? It is written on you heart.

127. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Sorry, It is written on your heart.

128. By Ariascasillas on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Is there any way to trade up for Mante Teo? Greenway, Teo, Henderson…very good crew

129. By vikes- or - die on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

No. Not unless we give up the farm. And right now we are reaping the rewards of a strong foundation built on priceless stone.

130. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Rodgers throws tantrums like a baby.

131. By Parkway on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I’d like getting Rogers in the draft

132. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

I would rather fall off a cliff than see Rodgers in purple.

133. By Parkway on Jan 1, 2013 | Reply

Rogers not Rodgers as in Da’rick

134. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

Oh, okay, well with all the typos on here, can you blame me?

135. By Parkway on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

136. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

Will Winfield be back?

137. By Tomcat on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

Rodgers took Cutlers whiner championship. Any incompletion he wants interference, any time he`s hit he wants roughing.

138. By Kathy P on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

Yes, Weather Forecast For GB: 20 Degrees and possibly snow!! These guys need to throw/carry around a “frozen” football because if it’s correct; that’s exactly what they are going to be doing at GB! I also see that Woodson/Cobb are cleared to go back in for GB. We certainly are going to have our hands full for sure come Saturday night. Defense is going to have to step it up alot, tackles have to be made, NO 15yd.PENALTIES ALLOWED!!! Got to bring our A-GAME all the the way to GB. IF Percy isnt on the sidelines, in such a HUGE game as this to provide support to his team; one has to wonder exactly what IS going on behind the scenes? GOOOOOO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

139. By 61Vikings on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

@Parkway
    That doesn’t sound good for Greg Childs!!! I hope things work out for him!!!
    The Falcons had to give up alot because they had to move up so far in the draft to get Julio Jones!! By the way, he is a pro bowler on the #1 seeded Falcons!!!!

140. By OTKalil2012 on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

To pay Harvin for being a bad example ???…

Would be insane…

Paying Harvin for being petulant, would undermine all authority “Frazier & Spielman” have built up in this young team !!!…

A team ~ that is playing BETTER since Harvin has placed on season ending IR…

141. By OTKalil2012 on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

*has been placed

142. By Iowavikesfan on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

It must be hard for Harvin to watch his team play better without him. Maybe he will come back with a better attitude. Why is it that most super star wide outs get the big head? Running backs stay humble because they have to run into linebackers. Quarterbacks are reminded of their mortality when they get hit by 300 hundred pound lineman. But the wide outs stay on the outside and run their mouths against the D backs. The Vikings have shown what team football is all about. You can win games in this league without kissing the rear end of some super star wide out who thinks he is bigger than the sum of all the parts. I love it.

143. By Fred Swenson on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

@Tomcat re. Whining Rogers: Wasn’t that hilarious? When McCarthy threw the challenge flag on the play that was ruled a fumble into the end zone (the one where he didn’t have to because the play would have been reviewed anyway) the camera cut to a quick shot of Rogers with his helmet off screaming at an official and looking like he was ready to come apart at the seams because he thought it should have been a touchdown. There are a few teams in the league that seem to think that there are multiple sets of rule books; those that pertain to them and those that pertain to everybody else. We all know who they are so there’s no point naming names here.

144. By Fred Swenson on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

@Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus

Will Winfield be back? I sure hope so; it might be the key to the game, as I said in one of my other posts. He’s one tough hombre, and I know if he’s cleared to play, pain or not, he’ll be out here. Somebody needs to put Jennings on his butt before he can get up to speed and he’s just the man for the job. He reminds me of a faster version of Dale Hackbart, a Vikings DB from the late ’60s and early ’70’s. Once he hit an opponent so hard with his forearm that it raised a huge bruise and knocked the guy silly. (the rules were a little looser back then). With the zones they played back then, you didn’t go into his area without your eyes and ears open.

145. By liito on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

We need Chad and the Defense “A” game to bottle up Rogers. Peterson will run loose. Ponder and the wide receivers corp will continue to improve as well. I will then continue to wear my Vikings jacket through February 2013. Vikes will continue to amaze!