Fast Starts A Strength For Both Vikings Offense, Packers Defense

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 28, 2012 – 11:39 am

One objective every team has for every game in every sport is to “start fast.” But of course it’s one thing to say you want to do it, and it’s an entirely different thing to actually go out and do it.

The Vikings offense has been one of the NFL’s best at registering an early score. They rank 3rd in the NFL with 48 points scored on opening drives and 3rd in TDs scored with 6. Of late, the Vikings have been especially sharp on opening drives, scoring TDs on the first offensive series in each of the last 3 games – all wins.

“It’s been impressive,” Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier said. “It’s exactly what we’ve needed. We talked all along about being able to start fast on offense and defense and we’ve gotten that done as of late. We’re going to need it again against a high powered offense and a very good defense. We’ve always put the time in trying to come up with what we think would be a good way to start games, it just so happens we’ve been clicking of late. We’re going to need it again this Sunday.”

The trouble this week, though, is that the Green Bay Packers defense has been one of the NFL’s best at preventing opposing offenses from registering an early score. Green Bay ranks 4th in points allowed on an opponent’s first offensive possession, and they rank 1st in opponent’s punts on the first possession. Also, Green Bay is one of just 4 teams to not even allow a FG attempt on an opening possession this season.

It’s a strength vs. strength scenario in this regard on Sunday when the Vikings and Packers conclude their regular seasons with another Border Battle. The team that can execute better in this phase will have an early advantage at Mall of America Field.

Tags:

242 Responses to “Fast Starts A Strength For Both Vikings Offense, Packers Defense”

1. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

PAY PERCY

2. By vikingbob136 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Watch AP run for 67 yards on his 3rd carry of the game to give the Vikes a score on their opening possession. I can see it now.

3. By Parkway on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Rams 2 first rounders for Harvin.

Patterson, Ogletree, Banks in the first round. Superbowl next 10 years.

4. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I can see AP run for 300 yards.

5. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

And I can hear Aikman– Man, this Vikings team came to play. Got to give credit to Frazier and his staff. They are playing LIGHTS OUT!

6. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Vikings 44, Packers 3

7. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Power rankings– our weakness is at QB, surprise surprise. With better QB play– say a 3.5 ranking, this power ranking would have the Vikes in the top 7 or 8 teams in the NFL. I expect Ponder to have the best game of his career.

8. By MuskyFever on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

WOW titus that is some blind optimism there. HA. I think we will win. but it wont be a blow out thats for sure. I think we win in OT by 3 cause CLUTCH… I mean Walsh hits a 57+ yard field goal… Maybe even 60. WHo knows. Still I think we win in OT

9. By Carl K on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Trade Percy!
    Percy to Jacksonville… swap 1st round picks and 2nd round picks.
    The Vikings could get Manti Te’o or Star Lotulelei with the second pick of the 2013 draft. At the top of round 2 the Vikings could be in good position to draft a WR.

Reunite Percy and Tim Tebow in Jacksonville!

10. By Ricky on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Dear Coach Frazier,
    Beat Green Bay! Kick their butts! Congratulations on winning your last 3 games! I’m finished with Green Bay now, so beat them. My folks all like the Vikings, especially my dad, he loved them. I’m done, caboose! Beat them!

Ricky

11. By SellingIT on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Grand daddy pup is going to be rather dissapointed because we have seen the last of Percy Harvin in Vikings Purple. Money is not the issue, he said it this offseason. I’m pretty sure Harvin wants what all diva WR want. He wants to play for a team and a city with more bling. It that is true, I say good riddance.

12. By Tim S on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Blogs have been kinda quiet this week. Strange to me seeing how this is the most important game of the year

13. By Tim S on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

All i know is the most important key will be our O lineman. AP needs to get some gaps!

14. By MuskyFever on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I’m sure there is a bunch of people on family trips and what not, but your right even with that, it has been unusually slow this week

15. By Vikings1 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

@Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus

Man I hope you are right, it would be frosting on the cake, but for some reason this game worries me. The “D” must pressure Rogers period and get a few turnovers to assure a win, make it so, go Vikings!

16. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

It really is up to the D– and I think they will come through big time.

17. By MuskyFever on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

If AP does not get the MVP award regardless of if we go to the playoffs or not. They should stop calling it the MVP.. and start calling it the MVQB. cause that is what it is. I am going to be very upset if they give it to Manning based on that he went to the playoffs. That is just stupid. So what I am hearing is if we go to the playoffs AP will get it 95%,

The NFL is starting to become a laughing matter as far as I am concerned with all these rule changes and probowl selections for guys who don’t deserve it. I am getting sick of this sh!t. Give the guy that deserves MVP the MVP AWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I might flip out if he doesn’t get it

18. By MuskyFever on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

after 95% , and if we don’t make it, then Manning gets the MVP by default. NO THAT IS NOT OK.

yeah thats how I want to remember my MVP season. I won by default cause the guy that really deserves it didn’t get to the playoffs and I did. That is just ludicris!

19. By Shawn on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Titus for me personally …. I just feel the team is heading in the right direction. I started my hyper-Blogging when Chilly traded Moss. I had had enough. Now I think the Viking ship has steadied and is full spead ahead. I trust Frazier.

So now after 6-10 to 3-13 to 9-6 … and a 3 game winning streak, what can be said?

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

20. By RichardA1 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Or you can tell our offense, just keep up with A.P.! lightening fast start!

21. By RichardA1 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Who votes for MVP, I hope it aint the fans! fans voted Manning the #1 player last year, and he did’nt even play. A.P. did it once, 210 yards, he can do it again!!! saving it for the last game, the Vike going to give it there all! including the 12th player us fans!

22. By MuskyFever on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

RichardA1 he did it twice 210 against GB and 212 against St Louis

23. By MuskyFever on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

And to answer your ?… Fans, coaches and players

24. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Well, Manning did go through several neck surgeries and did not play for over a year— you cannot say it is just a bias toward the QB. He came through a lot just as AP did– of course we all have our own bias.

25. By CaribooBill on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I agree
    The D is the key
    But Ponder
    Don’t you wander
    Stay straight and narrow
    Just like an arrow
    OL be strong
    No third and long
    Kalil and Loadholt
    Help AD bolt
    Fusco Johnson and Sully
    Keep the pocket unsullied
    Felton get your fee
    To convert a third and three
    AD the beast
    Have a feast
    WR’s block well and get open
    That’s what I’m hoping
    Allow no headway
    Smith Raymond and Sanford
    INT’s across the board
    Air Blair
    You’ll be there!

26. By Spencer on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Vikings CB Chris Cook eager for rematch with Aaron Rodgers.

27. By Parkway on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Yeah the problem is they will probably just throw to the WR Jefferson is covering all day.

28. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

In my gut, I am concerned,
    But in my heart, my prediction turns,
    Rodgers’ aerial assault may attack,
    In the dome, the crowd will yell at the Pack
    Helping Allen, Robinson and Griffen lay Rodgers flat
    Sending McCarthy and Green Bay in a heart attack

Another season of high hopes,
    Green Bay fans cry and resort to smoking dope
    Knowing their cheese is better with grass
    And no way to win when Rodgers constantly is
    on his @ss

29. By vikess86 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Mrs. ponder please feed mr. ponder what you did against the texans. so he can play as well as he did. mr. ponder if you are in the red zone, please don’t try to make a big plan or force anything. give it to ap or toby and or the open man or even do what you did in san fran or against the texans just run it. oh and watch out for clay matthews.

30. By Spencer on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Parkway- They did that last game, it turned out fine.

31. By lance on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

lmao Titus!

32. By Spencer on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Lol Titus, brilliant.

33. By Parkway on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Yeah but the Pack is more of a spread system and way more of a pass first team than Houston. Plus the Texans only really have one big WR threat where the pack have about 4-5 pretty good guys to spread us out so all our DBs will need to bring their A game for sure.

I just hope we blitz and don’t give him the time to throw.

34. By Rob on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Go ahead and dream, guys.
    AP isn’t going to win the game by himself. He’s going to die if he has to score 7 TDs to keep up with Rogers.
    The only way to win is 3 and outs or takeaways.

My son says GB 34 Minn 17. I beleive him.

35. By tdurfeightyeight on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Finishing the game is much more important…210 yds. with 21 carries and in only 3 quarters at Lambeau…Musgrave needs to call the right game and quit trying to force Ponder into a player that he isn’t…ala designed role out to the right and throw across your body to AP/AD who’s flying down the field ,like only he can do,and Musgrave expects Ponder to hit him in stride 40 yds. down the field…good luck with that.
    The last three games have been great,but the play calling on offense could be better.Having Cook back is huge…His presence allows the defense to blitz if needed and he can cover thier best with no help from the safety.

36. By tdurfeightyeight on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

7 tds. equals 42 and with the extra points it’s 49…maybe your son can teach you this thing called math.

37. By Parkway on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Yeah and Rodgers sure put up 7 TDs last time at their house too with Ponder gifting them 2 of our redzone possessions.

38. By Spencer on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Looking foward to see how AJ bounces back.

39. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

GB barely beat the Vikes at Lambeau– so, let’s see what happens at the HHH Metrodome!

40. By vikingbob136 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Not a lot of “experts” predicting a Viking victory this Sunday. They are saying that
    Ponder is too inaccurate and doesn’t make good decisions.
    Ponder, your job is to prove the “experts” wrong as well as with some of the guys who are on this blog every week.
    Make your new wife proud.

41. By vikingbob136 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Nice to see Felton get a Pro Bowl selection. His mom was a German professional
    gymnast and his brother got accepted to medical school at age 19. I am a big fan of his. He is a great guy.

42. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Texans CB Kareem Jackson was fined $21,000 for striking a defenseless player (WR Jarius Wright) in the head and neck area.

Texans S Danieal Manning was fined $10,000 for his facemask on Wright.

43. By tdurfeightyeight on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Hopefully AP is the “new face” the NFL would like to exploit,i mean, capitilize upon and the Vikes can get a fair game called by the refs.

44. By john 61 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

hope vikes win

45. By RichardA1 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Warning to Green Bay-No Cheesey Stuff!, will not be aloud! and I might jump through the roof when Rodgers gets put on the turf, and when Peterson runs right thru the G.B. D.

46. By john 61 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

we will see after this game if musgrave and ponder are for real.i say no

47. By Snoose on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Last game ,as great as it was, Houston was looking for AP to run on every first down and they were almost always correct. That’s why he got stuck for losses or no gains so often. I think they gotta mix it up more on those first downs. Agree?

48. By john 61 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

thats what scares me,i dont think ponder ready yet for that type of play,and musgrave only has 1-3 plays,they work once,then the packers will shut it down,this is when joe web has to come in,differnt look that no ones seen,and we would win this game

49. By Bigfan1 on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

It’s ironic Mcnabb always seems to pick other teams during his inaugural year on NFL network, you’d think he’d have a little more confidence in the Vikings. I think every single forecaster picked the Texans last week, shows you how much they know. Ideally a win and the record on Sunday.

50. By Spencer on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

If this team wins a Superbowl, will all have this been worth it?

51. By Immure on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Well Its Mcnabb, according to him its everyone else’s fault that his play declined in his later years and not his own. Plus he really enjoys crow.

52. By liito on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I think the stadium will rock this Sunday. Good luck to AD, Blair, and the whole Vikings team. I would like to wear my Vikings jersey through February 2013.

53. By Frederick Jones on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

@OTKalil,

I wondered about those senseless hits to Jarius Wright’s facemask. Thank you for the info!

54. By Frederick Jones on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

Yes, the Packers barely beat the Vikings at Lambeau. Even if they needed this game they would have trouble with the Vikings.

Vikings 29 Packers 20

55. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

An encore of my poem posted earlier:

In my gut, I am concerned,

LET’S GET THIS ONE GUYS!!! Weekly preview

57. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

By Frederick Jones on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

@OTKalil,

____________________

Your welcome…

Just very happy Wright was okay after that hit…I think the Texans secondary was trying to rattle the rookie WR…Because Wright is the only receiver on our team right now…That is playing with the “guts” to try and make any catch he can !!…

Jenkins has stepped up his play since Harvin has been out, a little…But it has been VERY obvious, Aromashudo and Burton will not put themselves out there to “take a hit” for their QB…That is why I would have had them gone from this Vikings team, a long time ago by now….

58. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Wright is turning into ANOTHER STEAL of Spielman in the 4th round in the 2012 spring draft !!!…

This springs draft class is AMAZING !!!…

Kudos ~ Mr Spielman and scouting department !!!…

59. By dee jay born on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

let’s not be so predictable on 1st down because the Packers will be looking for run,granted that’s what we do most of the game anyway.a pass on that down every once in a while to take that safety out the box or off the edge would loosen them up for bigger run plays.

60. By dee jay born on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

i’m not sure if B-Rob is playing Sunday,but if so leaving Everson Griffen in the interior line on pass plays may be huge for us because we need as much pressure on Rogers as possible to keep him out of his comfort zone.

61. By Purple Rain on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

62. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I don’t think Cobb is going to play..If he does…Cobb will not be 100% by any means…Nelson sounds like he will play…But do not think the Packers will trust Nelson going deep during the game…To make sure Nelson does not re-injure his hamstring…Will they take a chance that Jennings is over his groin injury ???..

That leaves J Jones as the possible (totally healthy) primary deep threat…

Some say you can’t blitz Rodgers…I think you can…But from outside and inside of the tackles area…Rodgers does a very good job reading blitz sceme coverages in the middle of the field…I think where he is vulnerable from outside blitz schemes…The problem ???…Outside blitz schemes take longer to get to the QB…Unless timed very well, and initial coverages at the snap are solid…

I think the Vikings try just getting to Rodgers early with just our front four…On our home turf field…That might do the job…But if not…The Vikings have to get after Rodgers some how…You can’t just let him sit back there and pick apart your secondary…

Should be a great game…

GO VIKINGS !!!

63. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Parkway…

Who am I ????…

64. By PAVikes30 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

This is an easy game to predict. We win if we get Adrian going.. If we don’t, we can’t beat them.

65. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Vikings will need 200 rushing yards to have a shot at winning, plus the viks defense will need 2 picks

66. By vikingcharlie1969 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

A.P. will get over 200 yards and the Vikes will win this Sunday!!!!

67. By Saddy on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Vikings will win this Sunday, our D will play good, remember this is is the 1st time Cook is in the lineup after the rookie year against GB, Cook will seal one end limiting to just a few plays here and there.

A.J Jefferson is good in getting to the WR in coverages but often doesn’t make a play, he needs to make a play when he gets there, turn the head and intercept that ball.

Cobb will not play tomorrow I dont see GB risking him.

AP is faster in the metrodome turf and he will show GB what he can do!

68. By Parkway on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Nice OTK, I’m sure they are related too

69. By Bigfan1 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Rogers said the other day that AP is hard to stop. A win and the record will be ideal.

70. By Argos Geminus Sparticus Esperanza on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

The only reason that Aaron Rodgers will spend most of the game on his a$$ will be because of all the pick sixes that Ponder’s gonna throw. There’s gonna be so many Packer fans there that all the artificial crowd noise being pumped in won’t matter. If you look at the last two years between these two teams the Packers have won the first game by a small margin and the second in blowout fashion. I can’t wait for history to repeat it’s self. By the way Titus, I enjoy riding the bike trails north of Maple Grove. It’s such a great way to excercise and enjoy the beautiful summertime scenery. I’m going to Puerto Rico next week. Do you know of any good trails close to Aguadilla?

71. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

AP will beat his own record and hit 300 yards.

72. By Argos Geminus Sparticus Esperanza on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I hope AP wins MVP this year. He is such dedicated athlete. To be honest, I wouldn’t mind if he gets the record tomorrow, as long as my boys in green and gold win. I gotta be true to my team as you are Titus. If the Vikings win I will be the first one to congratulate you guys.

73. By pack13timechamps on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Pack will roll in the Humptydump!

74. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, the Pack will roll alright— watch Rodgers do wheelies on the turf after Allen , Robinson, Griffen, Winfield and Smith sack him.

75. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

If I were a cheesehead, I would be afraid, very afraid.

76. By Tomcat on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Packers are running scared. There has been speculation as to whether or not they will take the field tomorrow.

77. By Parkway on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Rodgers is going to discount double check his way to the turf courtesy of Griffen and Allen. Matthews will have a fathead after AD runs him over a few times. But at least Rodgers can order them some Pizza Hut after their big loss.

78. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Rodgers has no shame– the endorsements he is in and horrible. He makes great money as a player– why stoop so low to do such hideous commercials?

79. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Lets just hope the Packers can lose tomorrow with a little dignity !!…And not beg for yellow laundry the last 15 mins of play…Because they don’t have the talent to win…They want the refs help to get a win…

I’m sure Ted Thompson will have the refs paid off for sure at Lambeau, when we play the Packers again next week…Lets just hope for an honest game tomorrow…

I get so sick of watching Packers WR’s cry for penalties !!!…I even hear the same thing from many of their own fans…You know what that is ???…
    Pretty pathetic… :-(

80. By Spencer on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

81. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

So happy to see the union refs back…(yeah right)…

Last week H Smith gets call for “roughing the passer”…On a play that was perfectly legal…But still draws a 15 yard penalty…

But Smith draws no fine from the NFL…After reviewing that play…

The Texans CB darn near takes Wrights head off on a “helmet to helmet” hit…

But does not even draw a penalty flag ???…

The NFL reviews that play this week…Hands out a 21,000 dollar fine to the CB involved with that hit !!!…

Sooooo ~ What was wrong with the replacement refs again ???…

82. By Tomcat on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

We had 7 plays of 20 or more yards last week.

83. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I expect 300 yards rushing and 300 yards passing and 300 yards special teams.

84. By Tomcat on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Would you like that with a cherry on top Titus?

85. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

And in the second half…

86. By Argos Geminus Sparticus Esperanza on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Each statement you have made is completely false and bias. Deep down you know that. The lowest form of whining is blaming the refs. Clearly you have no authentic trust in your team when you stoop to that level. Now before you tell me to “leave this site you fudge packer” remember how ignorant that sounds. You all sound so angry and vengeful toward a team that has far exceeded the accomplishments of your team. Remember, it’s just a game. No need to go on a hatefest over it. There’s enough hate in the world, why add more to it?

87. By Parkway on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

As long as you can admit that was a good call in the seahawks game

88. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

The Minnesota Vikings have remained dedicated to Christian Ponder all season.

There have been times when perhaps that wasn’t the prudent thing to do; Sundays when another option at quarterback might have yielded more desirable results.

But Ponder is an investment in Minnesota. The Vikings will advance to the playoffs with a win over the Green Bay Packers on Sunday. It’s time for Ponder to prove he belongs.

“I think everyone judges me a lot every Sunday,” he said, via The Star Tribune. “We’ll see what happens on this Sunday, but obviously this is a big game for this organization and for my career.”

Ponder understands the gravity of the situation. He also understands this is Adrian Peterson’s team, and Ponder’s job — more than anything else — is to not get in the way of Peterson’s greatness. Ponder did just that the last time the Vikings played the Packers, throwing two killer interceptions to waste a 210-yard rushing performance by A.D. in Week 13.

The Packers — playing for a first-round bye — will do everything in their power to put Ponder back in the same situations he failed in last time. If Ponder falls short again, coach Leslie Frazier will have a difficult task selling Ponder as the Vikings’ future.

“I’m in charge of how people scrutinize me,” Ponder said. “Obviously, if I play well, it’s a good thing, and if I play bad, it’s bad thing. I can control all that with how I play on the field.”

Frazier called this final run for the Vikings a “defining moment” for Ponder. The Vikings could find out Sunday if their faith in their quarterback was justified … or misplaced.

89. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

they have Green Bay favored by 2 touchdowns
    Green Bay -34
    Vikings-17

90. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Attribution, A k a Ponder?

91. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

“They” predicted the Vikings to lose the last 3 weeks…

“They” predicted a 12-2 Texans team at home to beat us by 2 touchdowns…

How have “they”, all done on all there predictions the last 3 weeks ???…

I don’t think “they” know what their talking about ???…

This game is not all about AP or Ponder…This game is about the TEAM !!!…

92. By BlueBird7 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I met a fairy who said she would grant me one wish.

I immediately said “I want to live forever”. “Sorry” said the fairy,
    “I’m not allowed to grant eternal life.”

“OK,” I said, “Then I want to die after Ponder wins the Super Bowl”

“You crafty bas-tard” said the fairy.

93. By Tomcat on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

AKA–oddsmakers have the Vikings as 3 point underdogs.

94. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Five out of 12 of the ESPN experts are picking the Vikes– but guess who picked against us AGAIN! Cris Carter.

95. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

harrison on nfl.com has green bay favored by 2 touchdowns

96. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Carter hates the vikings for some reason

97. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Could that be why he has not made it to Canton?

98. By Tomcat on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

The Texans were favored by nine, the Rams by 4.

99. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

i know one thing, you never see michael strahan picking against the Giants

100. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Vikings beat San Fran and Houston– just won three in a row and are on the verge of being 10-6– and no respect!!!

101. By Tomcat on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Carter is full of horse—-, He deserves the HOF though.

102. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

they don’t respect us because of Ponder

103. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I think Carter is picking the Vikings to win…But his way…

Because Carter knows just about every time this season he picks against the Vikings…
    They win !!!…

I think Carter is very superstitious, in stuff like that…I think he predicting the Vikes to lose…So they win…

And no…I am not joking… : /

104. By Tomcat on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

If the Vikings play anwhere near the last couple of weeks they win easy. If not then we all know what Rodgers can do.

105. By BlueBird7 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Wow!

AKA what a surprise! And just maybe, some of the play calling?

106. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I suddenly had this gut feeling that we will win the Superbowl– this season!!

107. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

i would love the Vikings to beat Atlanta in the 2nd round. i hate Atlanta as much as i do Dallas and the saints

108. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

the dirty birds are going down

109. By Tomcat on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Ice up the champagne!

110. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Winfield, Williams, and Allen may not have many more chances.

111. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Winfield really wants to win a superbowl. he will stay in shape and stick around till it’s a done deal

112. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Broncos will be hard to beat in the Superbowl.

113. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

yeah, the Vikings defense are not good in no huddle situations

114. By Tomcat on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

The playoffs are going to be a yearly thing for a few years, barring disaster.

115. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

yeah, especially with all the draft picks we got, Harvin and another wr out of the draft, priceless

116. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

the Vikings never had 4 losing seasons in a row, says alot about management

117. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

We only have 8 draft picks now (2 picks in the 4th round)…Spielman gave up our extra 6th round pick for AJ Jefferson…

118. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

they should trade up to get Justin Hunter

119. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Thanks to great coaches like Grant, Green, and Childress.

120. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

If the Vikings draft 2 talented LB’s in the draft…And have them compete with A Cole this spring…And a solid rookie DT…WATCH OUT !!!…

Our defense will be absolutely DEADLY !!!…

121. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Grant has a office at the stadium. i bet he could still coach good

122. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

the d could end up like the 84 bears d

123. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

would not even need a offense, the d would score all the points

124. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Grant’s office is at Winter Park– not sure about one at the stadium.

125. By RichardA1 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I don’t know which is going to be better, Peterson on a break away or Rodgers getting sacked!!

126. By BlueBird7 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Titus

The Fairy said only if Ponder wins the Superbowl..All bets off if Webb does.

127. By Tomcat on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Richard- I`ll take 5 of each.

128. By lance on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

What would it take for us to draft Manti Teo? I mean where abouts would he fall into the draft? Most high draft teams dont need a LB… I say bring him in with his old team mate H smith! then watch our defence be a force again :)

129. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

the Vikings have a love affair with the Notre Dame Fighting Irish players

130. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

In 25 hours we will hear the counselors’ phones in Green Bay’s ringing non-stop. Charmin and Kleenex stock will soar on Monday.

131. By scviking on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

oh whatever Argo! you have no idea your cheesebuds call us vikueens or whatever. you guys are childish as well. why dont u use your psychobabble elsewhere SKOL
    VIKINGS

132. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

As crazy as it sounds, I like the way we match up with the Packers. Can’t wait. AP for 300 yards and a victory.

133. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Yep– my thoughts exactly- AP for 300 yards. Don’t wear the team too much, coach Frazier and Musgrave, please do not use all your plays– we need to be ready to play at Lambeau in a week.

134. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

And don’t embarrass the Pack too much– just beat them by a close margin, say 10-14 points so there is no revenge factor and that they may even be over confident in the playoffs. I am concerned if we beat them like we can– like by 30 points, that Rodgers will come out in the playoffs and light it up.

135. By Parkway on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Rams 2 first rounders for Harvin, Patterson, Ogletree, and Banks in the first round. 5 superbowls in the next 10 years.

136. By Vikings1 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

@By Ponder AKA 3 and out

I lived in Atlanta for 33 years, never liked them dirty birds, I held true to my team the Vikings and I always will, now I live in San Diego but I still love my Vikings no matter where I live, SKOL…… Vikings!

137. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Why in the world do you want to trade Harvin? A player like Harvin only comes around once in a blue moon.

138. By Parkway on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I don’t, but if it’s true he wants out that would be best case scenario.

139. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Ya, I agree, when a player say’s they want out. I say, see ya don’t wanna be ya. But’ hopefully that’s not the case.

140. By RichardA1 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Sounds like Harvin wants to be the star on offense, he can only split it hear with A.P. on the same team! I hope the roudy, out of control, crazy fans show up for the game!!

141. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

i think Harvin will stay for the right amount of money. he sees the Vikings are going in the right direction

142. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

hes probably wishing he could play now

143. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Ya Titus, for some reason 300 sounds like destiny!!!!!!!

144. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Looking back, one of the best things that happened for us was Harvin Going on IR. We were trying to get the ball to him way to much. It was over kill to say the least. Good learning experience for the team I would think.

145. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

i don’t think anyone gets more yac yards then Harvin does though.

146. By Parkway on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

It almost has to be one of two things in the Harvin situation:

1) Frazier thought there was absolutely no way the Vikes were going to make the playoffs

2) Harvin will not be returning to the Vikes

A grade 3 sprain is severe, but it is an 8-12 week recovery period. The 8th week would have been this weekend…. So if there was ANY chance for one of our best offensive weapons to return by playoff time, don’t you think we wouldn’t have put him on IR? Even the appendectomy he had is only a few week recovery period.

147. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Don’t get me wrong, I would love to have Harvin against Green Bay, but I think it’s more dynamic when everyone gets involved.

148. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Harvin needed to have an emergency appendectomy. i think that was the main reason going to IR

149. By Snoose on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

There arent very many games in the last several years I have looked forward to as much as this one against Greenbay. We can beat them but we just gotta hang onto the ball, mix it up on offense, and get a couple turnovers. We also gotta get Adrian his 210 yards. Go Vikes!!

150. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

AD id hurt, he probably won’t play in the last 7 or 8 minutes left in the game, unless the game is really close

151. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Parkway,
    That’s a pretty wild point. Good point. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I actually think we are going to go about business the way the Patriots do. You know what I mean. The team dynamic. No one person is greater then the team thing. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we traded Harvin. Just dissapointed in Harvin if that’s the case.

152. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Ponder AKA,
    I thought about that myself. I wonder what they would do in that situation. I know AD would be pretty upset. And alot of the players might get a little upset as well. With Leslie Frazier once being a player himself, I think he might feed the ball to AP. Lets hope!!!!!!!!!!!!

153. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

you never know, if AD is really close, say 20 yards away from the record with 8 minutes left, then they may feed him more. if he’s not even close, i don’t see Frazier keeping him in

154. By Snoose on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Still say we gotta do some different plays on first down. Go ahead and give it to Adrian but be more creative about it. Have the Vikes run a reverse all year? How about a pitchout. We just cant be so predictable. Not against the Packers. I’m not worried about our defense. I think you guys who have been advocating blitzing a lot are right on.

155. By Dr. Remulak on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

They limited his carries so much at the beginning of the season. If AD doesn’t get the record this year, I’m pretty sure he’ll shatter it next year.

156. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

AKA.
    He better be fairly close because we need to be keeping the Pac “O” off the field through our run game I’m thinking. Ya know what I mean.

157. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

that would be neat if he broke the record this year, then he breaks his own record next year

158. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

yep, also if AD is running good, that will set up the play action pass

159. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

So, just was at Costco– went right before closing and it wasn’t too bad, but still a zoo– anyway, the kid grabs my 10lbs of wings to put in the cart, and I said “Got to have wings to watch the Vikings beat the Packers,” and this kid took a pause and let out a long sigh– and I said– “Oh no, we have a cheesehead here.” And the cashier laughed– then the kid said “I wouldn’t bet on it.” Ha ha ha— there are cheeseheads right among us in Minneapolis!

160. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Ya BABY, THE PLAY ACTION ROCKS. AD IS A BEAST IN MORE WAYS THEN ONE. JUST HIS PRESENTS IS A THREAT. THE VIKES ARE IN BEAST MODE. ALL DAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

161. By john 61 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

vikes all the way,

162. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Titus,
    The world is full of band wagon flip floppers. Take my boss for example. These are his teams. The Patriots, the Yankees, and the Lakers. LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

163. By Spencer on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Secondary has to come up huge in order for us to win

164. By john 61 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

packers are going to do eveything to stop peterson,thats why ponder has to have a good game,

165. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Ponder will be magnificent tomorrow. He knows if he flops the next season he may not be the starter by the time preseason ends. Listen to Samantha, Ponder– she will tell you all about what you need to do.

166. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I know one person who will play out of his mind for getting snubbed from the Pro Bowl. GREENWAY. Hope he plays with a huge chip on his shoulders and the “D” rises the to another level.

167. By Matthias on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Matthews vs Loadtholt … Just smash him to the ground or fall on him, like you did before. Well and the rest of the line has to block like they blocked before playing the texans. Then we should be fine. Oh and Ponder start playing like last week and also end it like last game. Can’t wait for the game.

168. By Matthias on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Burry him alive

169. By Matthias on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

If you lose we have more time to go shopping. I hear there are special offers at Macy’s and other shops for women… Blabla… women talk… BlaBla something

170. By john 61 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

musgrave will mess this up hes not creative enough,i hope i am worng

171. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

That’s right Titus,
    Once again. Tonight, Samantha will be the key to set Ponder free.

172. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

She works for ESPN, right? So she probably let’s him know reality– got to perform honey– and on the field too.

173. By Snyder on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I cant agree more, this is by far the biggest game of the year. I don’t completely agree by getting rid of Percy. I wish the Vikings give him an extension and keep him. Yes i know he has numerous health issues, but when he is healthy we have seen what he can do. 1st pick in the 2013 draft we need to try and grab Cordarrelle Patterson from Tennessee or Keenen Allen from California, both young explosive receivers. With either of those 2 and Percy, I think we will see Ponder grow and our offense become more productive.

174. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I support Ponder, but the only way I see us winning this game is through our defense and the run game. And let’s hope special teams is extra extra special. Play action is gonna be huge. And please recievers! For the love of GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Catch the ball. At all cost, concentrate and catch the ball.

175. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Snyder– Harvin’s health issues are not the deal breaker– at least not his physical health.

176. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Aromashadu will have a breakout game– you heard it here first.

177. By RichardA1 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Williams has got to have a big game, he is pro bowl good, have’nt seen him have a outstanding game for a while, but we know he can! It is so announced we will be running, why not start out with a long pass to start the game? all 11 players will be eyeing Peterson, just not to Simpson! Crazy, Viking warrior fans make sure you show up to the game! we need the loud fans of old, the kind where the opponets can’t hear there quarterback calling plays! Lets go Berzerk!!!!! Do they play Purple Reighn by Prince at the Dome?

178. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I was thinking J. Wright might sneak in and light it up a bit. The little guy is probably dying to rip one off. May his God given ability guide his way into the end zone.

179. By Parkway on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Yup Patterson is who we need in the first

180. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I’m greedy. I want more draft picks. How can we do that?

181. By vikes- or - die on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Exactly, There is nobody on the team we want trade for more picks. Why should we, we are heading in the right direction. Let’s just play the lottery come draft time and roll the dice.

182. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

We will see history tomorrow folks– no doubt about it. Why do you think they changed the time of the game to prime time? It’s all a conspiracy anyway- the Commissioner knows how great this is for the ratings– and to appease everyone who opposed the new stadium. It is great for the NFL– so McCarthy agreed to let his defense play soft and miss tackles– and the agreement was that then the Pack would have yellow flags galore in the playoff games.

183. By Dr. Remulak on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

All the analysts are saying GB will fight hard for this win so they can have a bye the first week of the playoffs.

They had a bye the first week of the playoffs last year and how did that work for them? Oh yeah, they lost at home to the 9-7 NY Giants.

That is gonna be in back of all of their minds. I say they lay a big stinking egg tomorrow.

184. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

And the analysts think the Vikes won’t fight hard? Ha ha ha– there may be more on the line for the Vikes than the Packers– we have a QB who knows he has to prove himself– we have AP who can make history– and the team is fighting to be in the playoffs— yeah, it should be a great game, but something tells me it will be lopsided.

185. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

WATCH THIS GANG– AP IS EYEING THE OLYMPICS—- LOOK WHO HE WANTS TO BEAT!!!

186. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

nfl.com poll
    Which QB do you trust most to guide his team to the playoffs?

24%
    Tony Romo

61%
    Robert Griffin III

10%
    Jay Cutler

Christian Ponder

187. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I will believe the minority report.

188. By john 61 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

packers will score 30 and blow us out or we win by 3,hope by 3

189. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Adrian Peterson says he is trying to qualify for the Olympics and believes he could beat Usain Bolt in a race.

190. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

That is just what I posted– in fact the whole interview is interesting– AP talks about the arrest

191. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I could beat Usain Bolt in a race. Big deal.

192. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

your 49 years old?

193. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

vikings win the most with a noon start. this is a late game, at least it’s not a night game

194. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

wisdom beats brawn every time

195. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Titus, you have been predicting Aroma to have a big game the last 3 weeks now ???…

You know ~ Aroma has not caught even one pass the last 3 weeks…

Now if you were to say, Wright is in for a break out game !!!…
    I might tend to believe that one… ;-)

196. By Spencer on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

AJ Jefferson needs to redeem himself after getting straight up emasculated the last time he faced the Packers.

197. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

It really stinks right now…There is only one deep threat on the Vikings right now…And that is Wright…

Aromashudo is bad, just plain bad…
    Simpson is not a 100%…Frazier has remarked that many times…Simpson did something jumping those cheerleaders in that game…And has not gotten his top end speed back ???…
    And Jenkins is just old…But give Jenkins some credit of late…For making some plays…But having those plays come from speed…No…
    Burton plays scared…Aroma and Burton do NOT like contact !!…
    To bad this is a contact sport… :-(

Lets hope all the receivers step up…Wright and Rudolf give us some weapons…Hope Jenkins and Simpson can help also…

We find out tomorrow…AP and the defense can’t do it all…Or can they ???… ;-)

GO VIKINGS !!!!

198. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Aromashadu to the rescue tomorrow!!!

199. By Spencer on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Give it up Titus, hes horrific.

200. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Titus…

You do….
    That voodoo…
    For Shudo….
    So well…. ;-)

201. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I guarantee Aromashadu comes up with one clutch play– and a few other good catches.

202. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Okay, final predictions– all seriousness aside. I think Rodgers comes out hot and scores a TD with the opening drive. Ponder struggles and the offense gets close enough for a Blair Walsh field goal. The Rodgers looks good again and the Pack move the ball down the field and score again– 14-3. Second quarter– the vikings d puts the hammer down and run back an interception for the score 14-10. Halfway through the second quarter AP hits the big one– a run for 67 yards and from there on the Vikings dominate. Vikings 28, Packers 21

203. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Then again, it could get really ugly — there is a scenario where Rodgers is sacked 9 or 10 times and the Vikings win by three TDs.

204. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I can see Rodgers and McCarthy trying to take the crowd out of this game early with some deep pass plays…
    And if our secondary can make some plays on the football ???…The Vikings could get off to a great start in this game…

Vikings need to tackle well in this game…
    And put some hits on GB receivers !!!…

And then let AP wear down the Packers defense…

205. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

What is up with Wobbles this season? No blogs before the games. Where is Mr. Hippe’s weather report? Oh, wait, let me give you the forecast: COLD.

206. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Biggest game in three years and the blog is dried up. Where is everyone?

207. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I thought Cook would get 2 ints this season….

Could both of them come tomorrow ???…

208. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Could Aromashadu make the big long ball Moss-like catch for the TD?

209. By BlueBird7 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

What is with some of you people? One minute you say get rid of Harvin!

Why? for the good of the team you say! Let everybody get involved! Then you

say Peterson is carrying the team! Tell me,What is the difference?

The guy to watch carefully Sunday is Ponder! Just hope he doesn’t mess it up!

210. By dee jay born on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

it’s interesting to see how Ponder performs in this situation,with a playoff spot on the line,i think he’ll be alright.i’m more worried about AJ Jefferson.the Packers picked on him earlier this season..

211. By dee jay born on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

for some odd reason we play better in the earlier games(1:00 EST–my part of town).when it’s been a night game that’s primetime or a late afternoon game,we don’t show up.it’s time to change that,starting later on…

212. By NCViking on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

SUPER BOWl…Super Bowl…Reminds me of that Coor Light commercial. We can’t win today or next week without consistancy from Ponder. He has not been able to do that to date.

We need to trade Harvin the minute he reestablishes himself as being back on track. He is a great player with a history of not being there when you need him most.

213. By Ozzinator on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Mistral Raymond will have a breakout game.
    Why isn’t anyone talking about Mistral Raymond?

214. By Kathy P on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

We need to play GB somewhat in the same way we did Houston,BUT I think we need to mix up some Defensive schemes like we did in St. Louis. IF Cobb, isnt 100%, we need to look at covering Jennings,Nelson, ?Jones. Our O-Line needs to contain “Sister Golden Hair” from getting to Ponder at all and hopefully, Ponder can find someone downfield if GB, like other teams elects to stack the box.Our Defense will be able to hold their RB’s. I would really like to see some blitzes on Rodgers today. We need to take him out of his rythm from the get-go and not let up with the pressure. Jared: I want that “belt” of his to be wrapped in a squeeze-hold around his neck by the way. We can’t allow 10-15yd.chunks in the middle of the field. KEEP PENALTIES TO A MINIMUM/NO INTERCEPTIONS ON OUR PART! This team is still very hungry, actually ravenous, and they will prove that today. They WILL win (dont know by how much), and AP might not break the record (I hope he does), but he will get to at least the 2000yds.mark for sure.We as fans have to (surpass the sound barrier) in the Dome today. Show the team that the fans appreciate what they have accomplished thus far and that they will continue to support them no matter what. WE ARE VIKINGS PROUD today so I hope everyone will show up and really light up the house! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VIKINGS!

215. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Hoping season ticket holders took my advice during the bye week…And kept a hold onto their tickets for today’s game ???…Fans are payingr a hefty price…To anyone wanting to buy those tickets from fans…

I wouldn’t miss this game for anything…If I had some tickets for this game…But Hope whoever did, with having maybe help pay for Christmas presents, or whatever…

Sold those tickets to a person wearing a PURPLE JERSEY !!!… ;-)

216. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

I guess there is something…That Packer fans comepletely detest when coming to the dome, when watching the Vikings and Packers play ???…

That is the sound and blast, of the Vikings horn going off…After the Vikngs get a score !!!…

Lets hope Packer fans hear that Vikings horn blast a lot today !!!!… :-)

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

217. By Tomcat on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

I`ve got my Vikings horn ready!

218. By BlueBird7 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

The last time I heard Troy Aikman on a game was the Viking/Detroit of 2010.

He and Chris Collingsworth were annoucing that one. When Joe Webb came in to try to pull the win for MN. Both of those guys had nothing but praise for Webb.

When Ponder gets his head turned sideways today, I want a repeat of what Joe
    showed he can do. And this time get a win, that is if the ref’s allow it.

219. By Parkway on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

I hope Rodgers likes looking at the roof in the dome

220. By Tomcat on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Well, Woodson is out. Ithink he is afraid to try to tackle A.P.

221. By Tomcat on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Ponder back…rolls right…he`s got Rudolph down the sideline…Touchdown!!!
    Just a dream? Perhaps. The future holds many things that were once just dreams.

222. By Spencer on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Gameday. Les’ get it!

223. By Tomcat on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

By kick-off, I`m gonna be as wound up as a little kid that just caught a big fish.

224. By Ozzinator on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Go Lions!
    Spencer, finish your victory mashed peas:)

225. By vikingbob136 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

136 miles to the game.I am on my way. This is the reason why i go, for days like this. Please don’t let me down Vikes!!!

226. By DRS. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

227. By OldNole on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Big “thank you” to FOX for letting us ssee the game down here on the Redneck Riviera. Go AP! Go Ponder! Go Defense! Go Everybody!!!!

228. By DRS. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

229. By DRS. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

230. By DRS. on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

SKOL Vikings, It has been a good year, let’s continue it all the way to the SB.

231. By john 61 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

the way the giants are playing and the bears the packers would be smart to not play there starters

232. By SaltyDog on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Sooo, I guess there is no need for a game day blog…..

233. By Tomcat on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Hey man, we`re gettin` ripped off! Give us another blog!

234. By Argos Geminus Sparticus Esperanza on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

GB 38
    MN 27

235. By Eggnog on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

FOX NFL Sunday folks are picking the packers over the vikings . that makes me sad , all I know is if the vikings lose this game it will most likely be Ponder’s fault !

236. By eddieg waco tx on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

The Vikings should take a serious look at Nick Florence QB of Baylor. He is much better than Christian Ponder, just watch the way they pass the ball.

237. By vikes- or - die on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

I think I will go to philly and beat Vic like his dog!

238. By vikes- or - die on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

We ain’t looking at no QB until 2014. Ponder in the snow?

239. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

New bg up…Cobb is out today…Nelson playing…

240. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

New blog…

241. By eddieg waco tx on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Who’s we?

242. By eddieg waco tx on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Nick Florence broke RG III’s passing record at Baylor AND though he is no RG III he is still a very good QB. Reminds me of a Terry Bradshaw type. He is very tough in the pocket. Has a great arm and can also run. A real sleeper pick in the upcoming draft. Remember I said it first.