Vikings Pro Bowlers React To Honor

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 26, 2012 – 6:16 pm

JARED ALLEN
“When you work so hard at your craft, it’s great to be recognized by your peers for that effort. This time around it’s extra special because I’ve had to battle through some injuries. But while the personal honors are great, the real reason we play this game is to win a championship, so I’m even more proud of the guys in the locker room who have put in the time and the effort to get to where we are as a team.

JEROME FELTON
“This honor means so much to me. Just to be in the NFL means a lot to me, but to be voted to the Pro Bowl by your peers, the coaches and the fans, that is something that is always in the back of your mind as a player, but to have it come true means so much. I felt like it was something I could achieve if I was able to land in the right spot and Minnesota has been that place for me. I knew when I came here to visit as a free agent that the team was committed to running the football and that was not going to change. When you have a back like Adrian Peterson, running the ball is going to be your identity. I’m just happy I’ve been able to contribute to the team this year and Adrian’s season.”

ADRIAN PETERSON
“This is a blessing. It’s a great achievement to be honored by the guys you play against every week. It just goes to show when you put your faith in God and you put in the work, you can accomplish great things. I’m also thankful that Jerome was selected, but I’m disappointed that none of the guys up front were chosen. Those guys have contributed so much to the team’s success and to my success; they are all Pro Bowlers to me.”

BLAIR WALSH
“As soon as I was drafted it was a goal for me to achieve to the highest level. I’ve been lucky to be surrounded by great people, from Coach Mike Priefer to Chris Kluwe and Cullen Loeffler. They’ve made my transition into the NFL and with Minnesota so smooth. I got the news this afternoon from Coach Priefer, which was appropriate because he put a lot on the line when the Vikings drafted me and I owe him so much for the season that we’ve had. It’s been an unbelievable year and I hope that it’s not done for a long while yet.”

Tags: , , ,

97 Responses to “Vikings Pro Bowlers React To Honor”

1. By Spencer on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

How the F-ck does Jeff Saturday get in at Center when he was BENCHED for poor play last week??

2. By vikingbob136 on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Its nice to have 5 of our guys selected to play that silly game. But too bad they won’t be able to go. They will be scrimmaging for the Super Bowl a week later.
    GO VIKES!!!!

3. By Derrick.G on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Because its a popularity contest Spencer.

4. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

5 guys? i only see 4

5. By Derrick.G on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Get a life AKA.

6. By Derrick.G on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

I’m gonna say right now, that fans have no business voting for Pro Bowl rosters, it turns it into a popularity contest, rather that personal achievement. The voting is a joke, just like the Pro Bowl game itself….

7. By Smith22DMVP on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

its a joke that greenway didnt make it. AP Walsh and Felton def deserve it though. Allen, while his stats arent crazy this year, has made a huge impact on the d. idk if that merits pro bowl thouhg. Greenway DEF deserved to be there.

8. By vikingfanforlife on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Vikings, you are all Pro bowlers to me. Thanks for a great season so far. Two must win games down, one to go. Win this last regular season game, then the sky is the limit. Beat the P.C Packers. Do it now…

9. By Smith22DMVP on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

oh and witten??? where is kyle?? look at his td numbers. there may be someone more deserving than kyle, but it sure is NOT witten

10. By john 61 on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

hey we have 4 there,we win out and they will all be supper bowl heros ,we win by 3

11. By Shawn on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

WHERE IS MATT KALIL’S NAME ????????????????????????????

12. By Shawn on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

What about Michael Jenkins ??????????????????

13. By john 61 on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

the other teams have wining records,we have better players were playing good football at the right time,so who cares about the pro bowl

14. By Immure on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Yup once again Michael Jenkins gets snubbed lol

15. By Shawn on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

16. By Spencer on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Jenkins was a deep-threat back in the day!

17. By Immure on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

By Smith22DMVP on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

__________________________________________________________________

To play devils advocate for a minute but Jason Witten has over 100 receptions and is just shy of a 1000 yards and both of those are huge accomplishment for a TE and deserving of pro bowl honors.

ok well the minute is over and that being said Rudolph has also put together a Pro Bowl caliber season but it is what it is and there is always next year.

18. By Dueyz on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

…If you feel that somebody got ‘snubbed’ in the pro-bowl selection, PLEASE put some stats up or a clear explanation of why.

19. By Dueyz on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

As for this season, Jenkins couldn’t catch a cold in a 3rd world hospital.

20. By Parkway on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

No Ponder, I’m shocked

21. By Spencer on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

No Burton, I’m disgusted

22. By Immure on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Dueyz- The Jenkins thing is a joke. A while back AKA 3&O was spewing some nonsense about him being a pro bowl caliber player. So we tend to throw a couple jabs out there every once and awhile.

23. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

The biggest surprise is Aromashadu.

24. By Immure on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Where is Mistral Raymond?

25. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Chad Greenway should be on this list.

26. By puckertrucker on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Congrats to all the player that made the pro bowl: I think that the 4 vikes that made the Pro bowl deserve the honor. But this year please play like it’s a real game instead of the way you guys played last year, I mean it is suppose to be a real game and the defense never showed up. The One and Only PuckerTrucker! Skoal Fans

27. By Immure on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Greenway definitely should be on this list. He never seems to get the credit that he deserves and is vastly underrated.

28. By Spencer on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

If Cook would have never got injured….

29. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Didn’t I hear Greenway is number one in tackles?

30. By Shawn on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Yea Jenkins was a bust … Top 15 pick in his draft if I remember right.

31. By Shawn on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Greenway and Kalil got robbed

32. By Dtg on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

How in gods name is chad greenway not going to the pro bowl. he only leads the nfl in tackles

33. By CajunViking on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Congrats guys, your hard work paid off!

34. By Immure on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Titus- He’s number 2 in tackles just behind the rookie LB for the Panthers.

35. By Shawn on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

and who beat out Harrison Smith? Im too lazy to go look…

36. By Immure on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Shawn- Dashon Goldson and Earl Thomas

37. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Pro bowl shmo bowl. How many times did we have the most players at the pro bowl and not in the super bowl? I remember consistently — 8 or 9 players voted into the pro-bowl– maybe we are more of a well rounded and balanced team of very good but not great and popular players. That is better anyway- Super bowl is what we want.

38. By Immure on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Wobbs has been busy he has put up seven articles today. He must really enjoy the Pro Bowl as soon as they announced the roster he has three articles within the hour, but when it comes to other important team news it takes a few days for him to put anything up.

39. By Shawn on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

@Immure … thats fair … HSmith was good but another year and he should be there

40. By Immure on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Yea I think he’ll make many trips to the pro bowl in the future. The same goes for Kalil. Well that is if they still have a pro bowl in the future this one might be the last one from what I’ve been hearing.

41. By Dueyz on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

@ Immure

My bad…missed the joke. Thanks for the clarification.

42. By Dueyz on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

I’m really curious now…if we beat GB…ON TO THE PLAYOFFS. Where first? What is our road ahead? Of course I know it’s undecided, but I’m looking forward…

43. By john 61 on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

will be greenbay again in there house

44. By Shawn on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

either GB or Was/Dallas

we would play the 3 seed

45. By Shawn on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

its possible we play GB for the next 2 weeks … how awesome would it be to beat them 2 weeks in a row?

46. By john 61 on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

if sf wins then it will be greenbay

47. By Parkway on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Then the Falcons

48. By john 61 on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

falcons then san fran then broncos in supper bowl

49. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

I hope it is not Green Bay in the playoffs.

50. By Matthias on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

As long as we won’t play the seahawks at home our chances are good to make it quite a bit in the playoffs. San Fran got destroyed.

51. By john 61 on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

if we win and san fran wins we will play the packers first,seahawks looked good but they will have to play was,or dallas

52. By Spencer on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Let’s just focus on this week

53. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

The good thing about Green Bay is we know them well– and can play with them. But if Rodgers and Co. get hot– and it is freezing in Lambeau, watch out. Seattle would be very very tough. I would rather play Dallas– of course they would be thinking revenge after 2009. I think we might win one playoff — anything more would truly be a miracle.

54. By Parkway on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

A perfect storm is brewing. Ponder and Frazier and Co have done enough to secure their jobs for next year. The Vikes have done enough where it is win or go home this weekend.

9-7 missing the playoffs, Ponder and Frazier keeping their jobs and a low draft pick is a worst case scenario.

55. By Shawn on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

and still so called fans crying about improvement … 6 game turnaround wah wah wah

havent even played the game and wah wah wah

I am a Viking fan and I am looking for a win on Sunday vs the Packers.

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

56. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, Parkway and Commissioner Goodell planned it all along.

57. By Shawn on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Vikings just beat one of the best teams in the league … and b1tches be like wah Frazier won wah Ponder played wah

58. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

In fact, AD never was injured– it was all part of a conspiracy to draw in more fans.

59. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

You got it Shawn– Vike beat San Fran and Houston– and CHI and now GB.

60. By Shawn on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

LOL Titus … conspiracy, love it.

61. By Parkway on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Well Titus can’t you just pray to god? He answers all prayers right? So automatic win

62. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

I am really interested in how the government scientists created Superstorm Sandy to make sure Obama was reelected. That was quite a feat.

63. By Parkway on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Titus why didn’t you pray for us to be undefeated? It’s all your fault.

64. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Well, it does not work that way. But for your conspiracies, it seems to– get someone on the phone fast– we need a huge hurricane to hit the east coast so Obama looks good right at election time– he is behind or equal in the polls– too close to call.

65. By Dtg on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

How in gods name is chad greenway not in the pro bowl.he only led the NFL in tackles

66. By Parkway on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

It works that way according to the Bible, is that not the “written word of god”??

67. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

No it does not work that way.

68. By Parkway on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Mark 11:24

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Hmm seems pretty straight forward.

69. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

I am not sure someone who never played golf should tutor someone in his putting game.

70. By Parkway on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

John 14:14

14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Hmm there it is again

71. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

I know all those scriptures and more. Would you coach football knowing only one skill position?

72. By Parkway on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

That would have been more effective had you said:

I am not sure someone who never played golf should tutor someone {who plays golf|who is good at golf|who is a professional golfer|etc} in his putting game.

Otherwise what difference would it make if a non-golfer gave another non-golfer advice? Doesn’t really hold much water to the point you are trying to make.

73. By Parkway on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

If you know them then you should know all about prayer. It says it right there. Are you going to do the typical christian thing and tell me there is some profound interpretation to somehow skew what is written in black and white?

74. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

The key you are overlooking is — one you take one piece from the whole and that is not sound doctrine. But two– in my name. You cannot do whatever you like when you are an executor for an estate– I cannot pray for God to have a thief steal for me — that is not within his Will.

75. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

John 15

7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will[b] ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

76. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Parkway, you don’t believe– let’s leave it at that. Not really my concern anyway.

77. By liito on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations! We are proud of you guys.

78. By BlueBird7 on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Someone stated “5″ players when there are “only” 4. I think I know:

They fogot Ponders’ name! Right Titus?

Another said “All the Vikings are Pro-Bowlers”

I say “well some others are for sure, but not ALL of them.”

79. By RichardA1 on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Felton? what has he done that is pro bowl? nothing. Its got to change right away. It’s got to change, the way players are voted in. Is it the fans decide? it should be 1/2 by the players half by the fans. Why is’nt Greenway in there?

80. By Shawn on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Parkway … you cant just pray to play in the NFL then sit on the couch waiting for it to happen.

Adrian Peterson has done a lot of praying to be better than he was before his injury … he also worked harder than 99% of the human population. Now what came first the chicken or the egg? Where did his strength come from? Ask him because he will tell you. AP is human and if not for his faith likely would have fallen to the same temptations the rest of us did through life.

Self pity … and other human weaknesses. Women … is a big one.

81. By Immure on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Richard- The Pro Bowl voting is split 3 ways between fans, players, and coaches.

82. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Shawn, dust the sand off your sandals- I will go all out to help anyone on their quest, but only if the person is genuinely seeking with an open-mind. It is not yet time for Parkway.

83. By Immure on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Its a shame that Greenway didn’t get voted in but what I’m realizing is that the voters like players that get alot of sacks at the OLB position hence why A.Smith, Ware, and Mathews got in ahead of Greenway.

However, if Greenway had played MLB where the voters prefer players who get lots of tackles he would probably get in every year.

84. By RichardA1 on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

This is going to be ugly! it is going to be one of those games they show on films 50 years from now, the Vikings massacring the green bay packers. If you watch, I hope you like watching a overkill!!!

85. By Ozzinator on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

I’m with Immure. Why isn’t anyone talking about Mistral Raymond?

86. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

PAY PERCY

87. By Gilberator on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Felton definitely deserves the pro bowl. His blocking is contributing to AD’s success. Greenway and Smith should be in there imho

88. By BlueBird7 on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Oz

Nobody gives a dam about Webb, so why should they about Mistral?

89. By MuskyFever on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

How do you think AP got all of those yards. Yeah hes a beast but even the biggest and fastest beasts need blockers. Felton lead the way about 85% of the time. EVERY TIME A.D. had a long run, guess who was there to stuff the hole and let AP through. Yep you guessed it FELTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Felton didn’t get selected I would have flipped out and boycotted NFL’s version of prom night. “hey guys, lets just pick the most popular players…hehe, who cares about skill” “what is this skill thing you speak of anyway, I have never heard of it before”????

If not for Jerome Felton having the blocking season that he has been having. I don’t see AP getting nearly as many yards as he has now. He would still be doing great… just not as great

90. By Bigfan1 on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Great for the guys on the list, they deserve it. The Pro Bowl pickers missed one, Chad Greenway, he led the NFL at one point in tackles and the NFL network interviewed him ironically asking him what he thought of the Pro Bowl, wow.

91. By vikes- or - die on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Many of us were hoping we would go 10 – 6 and here we sit at 9 – 6 with one game to go and a playoff birth on the line. Last game the Green Bay Packers!! How sweet it is! Gotta love it!! Can’t wait until Sunday!! AP, ALL DAY, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And may the PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS REGAIN THEIR SWAGGER!!!!! GO VIKES!!!

92. By 54mark on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

All viking fans lets not sell our team short. Let’s hammer home to beat
    the Packers and win a Super Bowl this year.

93. By Parkway on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

By Shawn on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply
    Self pity … and other human weaknesses. Women … is a big one.

______________________________________________________________

Not what it says in the Bible. I don’t see that disclaimer anywhere.

94. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Sure it does Parkway– Shawn has a better understanding than you do of the scriptures. You cannot take one line from an instructional manual and ignore how every other line connects with that one line. Yes, the Bible says pray for whatever– but as though I were in a McDonald’s I can order whatever I like– but I cannot order a filet mignon with bearnaise sauce because it is not on the menu.
    The Bible says– abide in me, and I in you– so your prayers line up with His will– so I cannot pray for whatever I want– until I am one with Him. It is a partnership, like marriage (which the Bible calls the relationship between the church and Him).
    Bible also says– whatever you put your hand to, God will prosper– in other words, man has to take action before God moves— you cannot sit in your living room and pray for a better job– you must take action and pray at the same time.

95. By davidm on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

man if percy harvin didnt get injured he would be in the pro bowl right now

96. By butboy on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

“I’m going to say one and one thing only about Jason Garrett. Jason Garrett is our head coach today…and if you ask me tomorrow…I will say the same thing….Jason Garrett was our head coach yesterday. Son, can you please wipe these down…then we’ll go from there.
    -Jerry Jones…or Frank Caliendo

2. Dec 27, 2012: Links Of The Week: One Game Left, But It’s a Big One | Vikings Territory