Vikings Offensive Line Gets Physical vs. Tough Texans Defense

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 24, 2012 – 8:12 am

There were a lot of encouraging and positive aspects to the Vikings huge victory over the Houston Texans on Sunday. The win was the Vikings third straight, and there’s no better time of the season to get hot than right now. It was also the Vikings second consecutive road win, and winning on the road is important because if the Vikings qualify for the postseason they’re going to be on the road every step of the way.

Digging deeper, though, perhaps the most encouraging aspect of the Vikings win was how the offensive line was able to be more physical than a very highly-regarded Texans defensive front. Yes, DE J.J. Watt made several impact plays. But when looking at the body of work from Sunday’s game, you can’t help but be enthusiastic about how the offensive line fared.

Here are a few numbers that illustrate the dominance with which the Vikings offensive line played against a tough Texans defense…

– The Vikings registered 11 rushing 1st downs, the most Houston has allowed all season.

– Time of possession was lopsided in favor of the Vikings, as they held the ball for 34:46 compared to 25:14 for Houston.

– Houston hadn’t allowed more than 158 yards rushing in a game all season, and the Vikings ran for 174 yards.

– The Vikings ran the ball 42 times, which is 9 more than any other team has tried running against Houston.

– The Vikings are just one of three teams to score a rushing TD against Houston.

– Houston averaged 3 sacks per game coming into Sunday, and against the Vikings they collected just 1.

– The Vikings were 9 of 18 (50%) on 3rd downs, and that includes a kneel down at the end of the game.

– The Vikings converted 3rd downs of 2, 4 and 3 yards on the ground in the 4th quarter to help close out the victory.

272 Responses to “Vikings Offensive Line Gets Physical vs. Tough Texans Defense”

1. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

First of all, I say the Defense played an outstanding game, and obove all

should be credited with most of the win.

2. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas !!!…

To all of my fellow bloggers and families !!!…

Happy holidays to all !!!…

3. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Before all you Ponder kissers take off with your “atta-boy”

Take note that is what he is paid to do. Play the game like he is suppose too

Leave the suger coating to Mike W. like always. .

4. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

It will be a Merry Christmas if (not “if”) when we take the Hated GB to task.

A belated Christmas present, but never the less a great one.

5. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Holly Ned, we can now say CHRISTmas! Early present from Mike W.?

6. By realviking on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas OTK, BB7 and the other bloggers…

Go Vikings!!

7. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I know…I wouldn’t want to be the Packers coming into the dome, this coming Sunday !!!…

It was loud last night in Seattle…

I think the roof will blow its top this Sunday !!!….

Make some ((((NOISE)))) Viking fans !!!!!….

I CAN’T HEAR YOU !!!!!!….. ;-)

8. By realviking on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Did you see that catch by Simpson that guy has springs for legs

9. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

OTK

The Greenbay Packers will hear it! All the way accross the border in Wisconsin!

10. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

By realviking on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Did you see that catch by Simpson that guy has springs for legs

________________________

There was a big drop…Simpson had on the 10 yard line also…
    Right in his hands…

Ponder had a fumble also…But there were very few negative plays overall yesterday…

That was a GREAT team win….

11. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

realviking

Yes, I seen it! And it will be “springtime” again this coming Sunday!

12. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

With a bit of glue he will hold on next time

13. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

OTK

The Greenbay Packers will hear it! All the way accross the border in Wisconsin!

_______________________

I can’t wait !!!….The dome will be rockin !!!!….

Hope the Packer fans didn’t think ahead to far…And buy up a bunch of tickets for the game ???….

Oh, silly me !!!…
    To think for a second, a Packer fan has any intelligence at all ???…hahaha…

Should be “plump full to the top” with Vikings fans !!!!… ;-)

14. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

OTK

Just want to mention one item, before I get back to football.

You started the blog off with “MerryChritmas” That is great!

I have never given into the “Happy Hollidays” thing. I grew up with the
    MerryChristmas term and never will change to the Political Correct thing

Do9n’t intent to start a war, ecept with GreenBay! That is my take on it’

And A Very Merry CHRISTMAS To ALL of you !!!!!!!!

15. By jdude on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

That was the best vikings win i have seen since they beet they beat the 9ers earlier in the season. nice job. Skol vikings.

16. By realviking on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

That was a key drop and fumble but they made up for it big time.

We will win this Sunday with the same mentality I think we are better then the cheese heads.

17. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Had to put a zinger in there for the Packer fans…

Just because I know trolls will appear, all week long….

But now that I got my zinger in…
    I wish all the Packer fans a Merry Christmas !!!…Also… :-)

18. By Smith22DMVP on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

D Played great! Smith once again proved our GM right with the choice to move up and take him with another impact game! Simpson proved exactly why he frustrateds me! some HUGE catches to extend drive, and also droping some easy catches. If that man learned consistancy he would be great. overall GREAT game, just wish AP could have racked up a few more yards.

19. By Smith22DMVP on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

PS Merry Christmas everyone, thats right I said it CHRISTMAS, not that happy holiday nonsense…

20. By dee jay born on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

WIN & WE’RE IN..simple as that..congratulations to Blair Walsh for setting a record yesterday(most 50 yard & better FGs in a season).O-line,great job in pass protection yesterday,just sew up them edges on the run plays and AD will get a lot more yards on Sunday coming up..SKOL Vikes.

21. By hippster on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

MERRY CHRISTMAS first game in a long time i didnt cuss at the tv ,great game hope they can get the monkey off their backs next weekend

22. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

How many of you seen what I saw, at the end of the game?

The camera was following Adrian Peterson on the sidelines. Right after the end of the game, two security gaurds were by Adrian’s side. One of them removed Adrian’s jersey that had his name and number on it. Then they all walked off.

Under neath Peterson had a T-shirt on with the lettering on back AD–ALL DAY.

I sincerely hope AD breaks the rushing record! And the GB spirit at same time!

23. By RichardA1 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

The place will go Berzerk this coming Vikings game, Packers you can run but you cannot hide! Draft had at least 2 gems in it. Blair Walsh-best hottest kicker, and he hasn’t finished his first year! Harrison Smith, playing like a all pro! when is the last time you could say that about a Vikings Safety-Paul Krause?
    Merry Christmas-Happy Holidays

24. By GB-boy on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

We are going to do a NO-Saint’s on you Vikqueens. AP will be in a leg cast. You queens will never see a Vikings SB Win.

25. By DRS. on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I see the trolls have arived, go home GB-boy.

26. By DRS. on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Vikings have the talent to go all the way, now is time for the Fan base to get behind this team and rock the dome.

27. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

That win was all about our D

28. By DRS. on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

SKOL Vikings!

29. By vikingbob136 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Great win yesterday. Lets not under estimate the Packers. They have won 8 out of 9 or whatever it is. We can win by 3 points or 21, as long as we win and get in.
    And try not to dwell on AP getting the record.The win is bigger for me.

30. By freedom on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

@Richarda1….No, you don’t have to go back that far (Krause)…Try Joey Brwoner.

31. By Smith22DMVP on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

wow stay classy GB-boy. wishing AP to be in a leg cast. Typical Packer fan with no sportsmanship. Ive been reading these blogs alot, and havent seen anyone from here wishing injury to the other team. shouldnt you ask your mom before blogging anyways?

32. By Snoose on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Congrats to Christian Ponder for a solid performance. He showed some real presence of mind with some key runs. Now I hope the coaches will work on getting him ready mentally for the biggest game of his career to date. I,personally, believe we got ourselves a quarterback. We can do this thing!!

33. By vikingbob136 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Go home GB.You won’t be so gay when we kick your butt on Sunday.
    AP already ran for over 200 last time.Don’t be surprised if he does it again.

34. By DRS. on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Parkway, it has been my belief that D wins games and the O gets all the glory. SKOL Vikings

35. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I hope Everson Griffen puts Rodgers on his candy ass.

36. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Even though I thought Ponder’s performance was decent for once, I do find it funny that the apologists point to his runs as part of his “great” performance….

Don’t we have a QB on the team who is faster and more athletic than Ponder…..

37. By Number1Vike on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Bluebird, you showed why your and idiot and have never played any kind of competitive sports your whole life. And if you did, you probably got booted the first time they had cuts. “ALL” of the Vikings players get paid to do thier job, so why not pat all of the ones who did a good job on the back? Sheeeeesh…… I knew there would be someone who would start off witih some negative bull**** about one of our players.

Ponder did lots of good stuff this last game: Was responsible for alot of 3rd down converstions – either passing or running, had a quarter to a third of the rushing yards himself, and had no interceptions.

Alot of other players played good or great yesterday, but only and idiot would start bring out the negative aspects without giving credit where credit is due.

38. By vikingbob136 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

@Parkway
    I agree. Ponder wasn’t spectacular yesterday. He didn’t throw game away.
    He managed the game and let the defense take care of business.
    He has some promise but nowadays everyone wants to win today and patience is lacking in every aspect of life. Lets see if he can step up this weekend again and manage the game.

39. By freedom on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Go after Rogers…blitz the heck out of him….hit him hard (high/low) even after the ball is thrown (within two steps)….why do we always have to be the victims…..they call it “play off football’ well play some. Their done without him….put him out early….make them sit him the whole game.

40. By freedom on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Correction….they’re done without him

41. By GB-boy on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Ha- we are goning to send your team to the ER, and finish AP’s playing days. See you queens later.

42. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I agree, Winfield needs to be blitzing every play. If he gets time he’ll tear apart our defense. It would be nice to take him out of the game and the next game since we will be facing them first round of the playoffs most likely. He’s probably been eating too much Pizza Hut anyway.

43. By freedom on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Re-route recievers with press coverage…..blitz Rogers often…..hit him late (not too late).

44. By DRS. on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

F off GB-boy, your team will be looking for treatment after next week.

45. By freedom on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

The difference is….Peterson will be moving….and dishing out punishment…In contrast, Rogers will be a sitting duck….GO AFTER HIM LIKE WILD DOGS!!!!

46. By mac on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

lol the only team going to er .. will be the rogers @ company …. see u sunday …..

47. By Mike B. on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas Hope you find Peace and the comfort of family. Go Vkings

48. By DRS. on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

The only way green bay can win is to pay off the ref’s; we all know the ref’s are crooked as a dog’s hind leg. SKOL Vikings

49. By DRS. on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas to all, and here is to w win next week then on to the SB.

50. By Ozzinator on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas Mike B. and DRS. Peace.
    That goes out to all you bloggers here!

51. By DRS. on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Hmmm, how did that w get in there? Oh well, Merry Christmass.

52. By freedom on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Mike Walb-ass is a Packer fan.Cn we get Viking fans for Viking Jobs.

53. By DRS. on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

And for you as well.

54. By freedom on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Blitz him, hit him, hurt him….that’s the only way to beat Rogers….don’t be fooled, he’s not Favre……Re-route recievers with press-coverage…and get after him. HIT HIM HIGH/LOW and even a little late!!!!!!!!!

55. By freedom on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I would like to thank the gate keepers for finally allowing my post to go through….Merry Christmas ass hole.

56. By pinkerton on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

i think its hilarious. cheesies have to come to our site an trash talk. pathetic. i dont go over there an say aron is annoyin an should break his arm. i feel good about us goin home to MoA field an taking the W! proud of my vikes the past month!

57. By pinkerton on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

@freedom
    pretty lame dude. i dont wish broken bodies for the cheese. just a big @$$ L on that forehead i mean cheesehead MERRY CHRISTMAS Viking faithful!!

58. By Vikes4life06 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

LIKE N SUB

59. By pinkerton on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

way to go number 1 tell blue bird to shut the F<CK UP. man that dude just has to be a negative B&tch if i heard one.

60. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Vikingnr1

It is “you’re” Who is the idiot now, Hot Dog or I say “Greenbay Slob Fan”

pinkerton (named for the color of his pants) I tell it like it is!

61. By Smith22DMVP on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I just cant wait to see Smith LIGHT up the GB recievers and AP run all over them!

62. By Smith22DMVP on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

PS go to nfl.com and vote smith for rookie of the week!!!

63. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

BlueBird7- Are you a fan of the Vikings?

64. By Fred Swenson on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

GB-Boy; it’s really sad to see that a person can be so hateful and stupid as to make posts saying that it would be a good thing to see a career-ending injury for a player, in this case Adrian Peterson, on the opposing team. Do you carry a police scanner and hope that you can pick up a 911 call and race to the scene of a fatal accident so that you can view the victims up close? Football is a game, stupid; stop talking like it’s a war. If you really want to see blood and guts, get on a plane and fly to Afghanistan where the real war is.

65. By Snoose on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I think it’s funny. Not a single commentator I saw last week gave the Vikings a chance. Just goes to show….

66. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Anyone else notice how late this site was on posting the time change for the upcoming Green Bay game? Sad state of affairs when we, as fans, hear about it other places before it is posted on vikings.com. AND you guys say I am too rough on Wobbles.

67. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

But don’t worry, according to the national media, the Texans lost that game we didn’t win in.

68. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

You have a terrible hahit of making a mountain out of a mole, Titus.

69. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

*habit

70. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Had I planned accordingly, Spencer, I would have missed next Sunday’s game– and that is no molehill– that is a mountain. This is a game I want to savor for years to come– AP hitting the record, the team making the playoffs after three years and all at the expense of the Packers– this is no molehill. Besides, if this site cannot accurately tell me before all other sources information about the Vikings, something is very wrong in the administration of this site. Period.

71. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

AD will be a man possessed next week. You think he has beast mode on most of the time, wait til he has a chance to take his team to the playoffs, in front of his home crowd, and break the rushing record. There will be no stopping him.

72. By southpawsteve Upstate N.Y Vikes on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I’m tired of the Vikes not getting any respect from the media especially the ESPN crew. Jaws and Merrill Hoge.
    All they spoke about were the Seahawks and Packer championship game. Grant it the Seahawks are on fire,But the Vikes right now are to.
    The Vikes had tougher opponents Chicago,Rams at home and Houston on the road.
    All they talked about was how bad the Texans played. No credit to how good the Vikes Defense shut thier doors down.
    That’s ok this will fire up the Vikes even more. I want to see A.P go for 250 against those glamorous cheeseheads.
    I am proud of my team they played great. Ponder is starting to blossom at the right time.
    Also the defense is now starting to gel. Does’nt a good running game and defense win championships? Vikes make those media guru’s eat crow. Go Vikes………..

73. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

BB7…

I have been very busy playing Santa today…Had to drive a few hours to get a present ..But have no fear, “Operation Rudolf” was a success… ;-)

Now on to the “happy holidays” comment of mine…

I wish my blessings of a Merry Christmasto all, because of my beliefs in this glorious season of giving…Through my lord and savior…

I also wish “happy holidays” to extend that season of joy, to include a “happy new year”…

Thus, saying “Merry Christmas” & “happy holidays”…

Why would I wish a person joy for one, and not the other ???…

Season greetings to all !!!…

GO VIKINGS !!!!

74. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Yes, Spencer. I am. I get really ticked when I see various problems not corrected.

Like the same old tired plays that are used over, and over over and then some.

Every team we play seems to know that we will play before the game even starts.

75. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

PAY PERCY

76. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

OTK

I hear you. I was referring to the attempts by the political correction crowd,

to replace the term “Christmas” with “Happy Hoildays” Huck.

77. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Yes a number of imaginary gods had their births December 25th.

Attis of Greece c1200 BC
    Krishna of India c900 BC
    Dionysus of Greece c500 BC
    Mithra of Persia c1200 BC
    Horus of Egypt c3000 BC
    Jes us of Nazareth c1 AD

78. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Yes, and Holidays too.

79. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

The refs, are not even going to be able to help the Packers this Sunday !!!

Its going to be a slaughter !!!…Vikings will DOMINATE the Packers !!!

80. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Parkway

How about Titus and Spencer?

81. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

OTK

I hear you. I was referring to the attempts by the political correction crowd,

to replace the term “Christmas” with “Happy Hoildays” Huck.

____________________

I understand… ;-)

82. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I will not be surprised if the Vikes win by 30 points.

83. By RichardA1 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Lets not even play offense! lets give the ball back so we can pound Rodgers into the turf for 4 quarters! we got the 12 man! fans are going to rock the place into a gone berzerk atmosphere!

84. By RichardA1 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

My bad! Joey Browner was awesome! Smith looks like he can be as good or better!

85. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

We all know the Dome is an Edifice, so there should be plenty of noise.

Correct Titus?

86. By RichardA1 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

GB boy go home! where its safe, and wait to see if your team comes home alive, then you can come out!

87. By pinkerton on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

well bluebird the texans as u say “knew” what we would do. well they didnt do much to stop the viks from beating them at home mind you from a 23 to 6 lose

88. By BlueBird7 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Titus

I would much rather see Peterson break the record while helping the 30 points.

89. By RichardA1 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I gave the vikes a chance! I don’t know how but we’ve got there number! I was suprised we did so good. I also thought A.P. would do alot better! But for a regular back, that is a good game!

90. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

SO a teacher was written up by the education board because she had her students sing Christmas songs.

91. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

BB7– AP will break the record too– I have said that over and over– right in front of the home crowd– I cannot repeat everything or I will be a broken record.

92. By RichardA1 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

The Vikes ship’s are docked! there gathering, working themselfs into a frenzy, night and day, in that Berzerk state of mind. We should make Green Bay sign a waiver for there health before stepping foot on the Vikings turf!

93. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

There is only one other team in the NFL, that I see that is matching, the Vikings intensity right now…

That team is Seattle…

94. By pinkerton on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

right on snoose. from fox to cbs to ol nfl network. landslide texans have the game. well folks MAMAs wrong. i hope my beloved team rubs the moldy cheese from wisconsin into the dirt

95. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

96. By Vikings1 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

@ By OTKalil2012

Well said my brother, I think you realize the significance of this season and it really saddens me to see the words Merry XMAS which means we have x’ed Christ out of Christmas not realizing that He is the real reason for the Season, MERRY Christmas to all and to all a Vikings win.

97. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

As the playoffs stand now, we would play at San Fran first- then probably against the Packers.

98. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

We can beat San Fran– won’t be easy, but we can.

99. By martin on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

While the Vikings can make the playoffs if they dont win on sunday but those odds are slim…if they beat the Packers they are in and chances are San Fran beats Arizona so the playoffs would be Vikings vs Packers

100. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

That would be rough– especially after we dominate the Pack at the dome. They may come out ready for revenge. I predict we win one playoff game, though.

101. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Yeah but we are assuming we will win meaning a packers loss which will put them in the 3 seed and 9ers in the 2 seed (9ers have a home game against the cards to finish) which would have us playing the pack the first week of the playoffs.

102. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Then after we beat the pack in the first round of the playoffs, I like our chances against the falcons in a dome.

103. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Might as well think of our chances against the Broncos in New Orleans at this rate.

104. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Nah Pats will beat the Broncos

105. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Gronk want ball. Gronk get TD. Gronk spike ball.

106. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, Pats looked awesome at their place the other night against the Niners. Sure, Parkway, sure. Keep believing your conspiracy stories…

107. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Yeah keep believing in imaginary beings. Be a hyprocrite some more Titus, one bad game of Ponder’s doesn’t make him bad… but one bad game by the Pats (who have the best QB in the league) makes them bad… Great logic. I’d expect nothing less than someone who believes in such fairy tales.

They will have Gronk back, no one in the AFC will be able to stop them. Broncos are a bit overrated right now. 4 of their wins came against the Chiefs and Raiders…. not exactly stiff competition.

108. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Oh and who won that first meeting between the broncos and Pats this year anyway… hmm who could it have been…..

109. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

1 Timothy Chapter 2:

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

So keep your woman quiet and don’t interrupt the man. What a great book you guys teach.

110. By RichardA1 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I get the feeling A.P. didn’t try against the Texans! I think he’s saving it for the home crowd! its just going to be mass hysteria, a spontaneous manifestation of 65,000 people gone Berzerk! will the dome be able to hold them! a 12th man, 12, 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22nd man, we are going to double it. A crowd for the ages!!!

111. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body,[d] of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”[e] 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

112. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Exodus Chapter 21: Slaves are cool too apparently

1 Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them.

2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.

4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master’s, and he shall go out by himself.

5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:

6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

8 If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.

9 And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.

10 If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

11 And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.

12 He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.

13 And if a man lie not in wait, but God deliver him into his hand; then I will appoint thee a place whither he shall flee.

14 But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbour, to slay him with guile; thou shalt take him from mine altar, that he may die.

15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.

16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.

17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

18 And if men strive together, and one smite another with a stone, or with his fist, and he die not, but keepeth his bed:

19 If he rise again, and walk abroad upon his staff, then shall he that smote him be quit: only he shall pay for the loss of his time, and shall cause him to be thoroughly healed.

20 And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.

21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.

22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman’s husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

26 And if a man smite the eye of his servant, or the eye of his maid, that it perish; he shall let him go free for his eye’s sake.

27 And if he smite out his manservant’s tooth, or his maidservant’s tooth; he shall let him go free for his tooth’s sake.

28 If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned, and his flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be quit.

29 But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death.

30 If there be laid on him a sum of money, then he shall give for the ransom of his life whatsoever is laid upon him.

31 Whether he have gored a son, or have gored a daughter, according to this judgment shall it be done unto him.

32 If the ox shall push a manservant or a maidservant; he shall give unto their master thirty shekels of silver, and the ox shall be stoned.

33 And if a man shall open a pit, or if a man shall dig a pit, and not cover it, and an ox or an ass fall therein;

34 The owner of the pit shall make it good, and give money unto the owner of them; and the dead beast shall be his.

35 And if one man’s ox hurt another’s, that he die; then they shall sell the live ox, and divide the money of it; and the dead ox also they shall divide.

36 Or if it be known that the ox hath used to push in time past, and his owner hath not kept him in; he shall surely pay ox for ox; and the dead shall be his own.

113. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

9 And you, masters, do the same things to them, giving up threatening, knowing that your own Master also[b] is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him.

114. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

115. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

LOL … what time did Bible study start?

Parkway you are very angry to claim no belief. If you believed , truly believed, there was no God, you would not be so angry at someone who does believe. It would have no affect on you. However your anger shows some sort of true concern.

God or a higher power, a force if you will … its effecting you. Who is your master?

116. By VF209 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

OK back to football…….Great win Vikes……..it was a wonderful Christmas present but I’m greedy and need another so santa if you are real you heard me I want a win for Christmas against those cheese head neighbors of ours…….now I know the refs will be paid off but if you can sprinkle some magic fairy dust on them just to make it even I know our boy Adrian will do the rest and light the sorry butts up and send back to Green Bay physically whipped and tails tucked……This team will earn their RESP’ECT………..skol vikes!!!……………..oh by the way, I too would like to wish each and everyone of my fellow viking fans that bleed purple a safe and veryMerry Christmas……..skol VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

117. By dlineguy on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

can anyone tell me if we get percy back for the playoffs……or why he was once again not on sideline atleast that i saw………….it’s such a tough spot………i love him and he’s dynamic and a qbs best friend……but if he’s gonnna be an issue…..since he also gets hurt every year or migranes….maybe we trade him for another wideout……or maybe another bigger corner or a safety to play along side harrison…….or trade him for draft picks then offer dwayne bowe max cash…….just curious on people thoughts…..cuz i think it is a must you bring everson back with a 4 year deal….and jared with a 2 or 3…….and cook is a no brainer too…..if that didn’t show yesterday……..jarius wright can also do some of the things percy can do…..not as well but…still effective…then bowe will gaurantee make our current wideouts better…and rudolph is already a stud.

118. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I miss Percy :(

119. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Pay Loadholt

120. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

DWayne Bowe

121. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Destroy the Packers

122. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Jags sign Mark Asper and Allen Reisner …

123. By Smith22DMVP on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Harvin can not return this season. Each team can designate one player to come off IR and we used that on cook the week before percy went down with injury. So even if he becomes healthy enough to go, he by rule, can not.

124. By VF209 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

thats fine by me don’t have anything bad to say about either guy but with that nothing good either.

125. By Smith22DMVP on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I would love if we some how bring in D Bowe or Larry Fitz. Get one of them, and we will know very fast if Ponder is a starter. He will have 2 full offseasons to adjust as well as plenty of starts. IF he cant step up then the next QB comes into a team that is on the cusp of being elite

126. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Viking 7 round Mock Draft

127. By dlineguy on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

ya well it depends what you mean by starter…cuz brady and peyton and rodgers….they throw for yards and touchdowns…..big ben and eli they just win superbowls….and didn’t give me the brady super bowls cuz those were all dominant defensive teams…..he didn’t put up huge numbers back then…though he is a great qb….no doubt

128. By dlineguy on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

is larryfitz….a free agent/?????

129. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Fitz is not a FA

130. By Smith22DMVP on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

i realize he isnt a FA but we might be able to make a trade… he CANT be happy there, he has always wanted to play at home.. its def a long shot but hey a guy can hope

131. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

“what time did Bible study start?

Lol Shawn. Thought the same thing

132. By Dueyz on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I’m glad that Harrison Smith is in for rookie of the week, but what about Blair Walsh? I really like Smith alot. We haven’t seen his type of potential in the secondary in a while. But Walsh set an NFL record in this game! As a rookie. Blair Walsh should be in for rookie of the week. The guy is about 4 feet tall, and rockets ‘em in from 50+. C’mon, now.

133. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

HA HA HA– Bible study! More like Bible Bashing, Ponder Bashing, let’s see who else we can be angry at…

134. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

What a great year we have had as Vikings fans– and I will go out on a limb and predict we win our first playoff game. After that, I will reserve any predicting for what unfolds.

135. By Immure on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

More like Bible Bashing, Ponder Bashing, let’s see who else we can be angry at…
    __________________________________________________________________

You forgot Frazier Bashing, Musgrave Bashing, and Wobb Bashing …. Oh and Cheese Head Bashing.

136. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Well to be fair Musgrave is a dweeb.

137. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

And to be fair, the Wobbles bashing was warranted.

138. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Last night during the Seahawk game I kept hearing the announcers and seeing on the screen– that next week’s Vikes game is at 3:25– and I thought, huh? So I checked on here and it said noon– that is inexcusable.

139. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I think Wobbs would agree that the Vikings are “Peeking” at the right time..

140. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

LOL Spencer

141. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Peeking at the Playoffs

142. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Hopefully Stephen Burton is active for this game, its absolutely tragic that he wasnt.

143. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Peaking for the Playoffs

144. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

What ? Are you high ?

145. By Immure on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Well since we’re being fair Cheese Head Bashing is always warranted as well.

146. By john 61 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

we would be alot better team with a new oc, musgrave sucks, and fraizer knows it,will be andy reid or norv turner next year aqnd willbe a good team,

147. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Shawn, bad news about your Christmas gift…

148. By Dueyz on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

If we can’t bash the filthy, no good, low down, rotten, dirty, stinkin’ Packers….I assume bashing has been banned altogether.

149. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Uffta how many did you buy Spencer? They’re not Star Wars figures ….

150. By Immure on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Do you think that Reid or Turner will even consider taking a job as an OC? I think their pride might get in the way and both well probably get some HC offers. If anything I think Turner may take an OC job but I don’t see Reid taking anything less than a Head Coaching job.

151. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I would welcome Reid with opening arms as our new HC. We need a hard ass like him, not a softy.

152. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

153. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

154. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I think Reid got pu’nked on that video. Completely disrespected.

What Frazier did was much more “hard a**”

155. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Start at 5:00, end at 5:30. We need a coach like that

156. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Frazier said “Go sit down”

and Percy sat

157. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I don’t see why people want Reid– I have never seen him as a great coach. And please, please– trim that mustache. That is gross.

158. By Immure on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Well one of those coaches is a game away from being in the playoffs and the other one is looking at a top 5 draft pick.

159. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Immure– BRAVO!!!

160. By Dueyz on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I hope that Jared Allen discovers a new bone in the human body, and breaks it in Aaron Rodgers. I hope Rodgers runs to the sideline and tells his coach that his thumb is a delicious grape popsicle. I hope that Clay Matthews tries to tackle AP, and AP makes him wonder “who makes those shoes that just ran away from me?” I hope Blair Walsh kicks a 65 yard field goal, just to welcome the Packers to OUR stadium. I hope the Packers spend the entire game wondering why it seemed like all 53 men were on the field each and every play.

161. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

In fact Percy is still sitting … Frazier like a Boss

162. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

It wasnt Reids fault, injuries derailed the Eagles season…

163. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I dont like Andy Reid either. He doesnt know what a run play is.

164. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply
    It wasnt Reids fault, injuries derailed the Eagles season…

_________________________________________________________________

For the last 14 years? Have to have a new excuse for each year.

165. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Andy Reid is a poor mans Mike Martz

166. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I didn’t know Reid is a Mormon- he supported his buddy Mitt.

167. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

What are we even discussing? Frazier is another Dungy or Tomlin– we would be fools to let him go–done that, been there- and we have T-shirts to prove it.

168. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Hes 126-81.

You guys are like the Eagles fans around here, nothing but disrespect for a man that brought them constant success.

169. By PurplHaze on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Dare I say, yesterday was Phil Loadholts BEST GAME EVER. He was out there Pancakin’ Texans!

Excellent collective effort, O-Line!

Defense played 4 quarters of LIGHTS OUT football!

Christian Ponder looked like the 2nd year QB we hoped he would!

LIFE IS GOOD FOR US VIKINGS FANS!!!

Theme for this weekend … EMBARASE THE CHEESEHEADS!!!

170. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, Spencer, I know all about Reid– and his protege McNabb. Five NFC championships– nearly in a row– how did that work out? One Superbowl. How did that work out? Pats beat them- McNabb apparently had a panic attack. Yeah, I would rather have Frazier any day.

171. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

________________________________________________________

Hmmm we are showing the Eagle coach no respect? Are you an Eagles fan because you are showing no respect for Frazier who is 1 game away from bringing the Viikings back to the playoffs …

After 2 very long and frustrating years we are 1 game away from the Playoffs and you are discussing starting over … AGAIN!!!!!

172. By CaribooBill on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

WE HAVE WON THREE STRAIGHT. FIVE MORE TO GO – 8 IN A ROW!!!

Merry Christmas everyone1

173. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

At the end of the day coaches coach, and players play.

174. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

And fans complain.

175. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Zulgad speaks

176. By Immure on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I know its coincidental, but under Fraizer we’ve had 1 player set a single season record (Walsh), 1 coming close to breaking a single season record (J. Allen), and 1 on the verge of breaking a single season record (A.P.)

177. By vikingbob136 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas to all. Except anyone who roots against the Vikings.
    Going to midnight mass. Gotta take a nap.

178. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Happy Holidays everyone.

179. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas to everyone, even the Packer fans.

180. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

That’s not politically correct, Titus.

181. By vikingbob136 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Forgot to mention ESPN had a nice piece on Outside The Lines about AP.Maybe you can find it on the web somewhere. OK good night.

182. By Skol_Vikes98 on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I really want Walsh to have on crack at setting the NFL field goal distance record….

183. By Ozzinator on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas all.
    Hope you enjoy your mashed Christmas peas Spencer :)

184. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

HA HA HA HA HA HA– that sounds kind of good Ozzinator– maybe mashed carrots and peas for Christmas!

185. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

186. By Ozzinator on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas to you Titus!
    My favorite Christmas eve meal is perogies and venison sausage. Awesome!

187. By sdvikefan on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

@gb boy… Viqueens? Really? Is that all you got? I have friends and family in Wisconsin and they are embarrassed by you boy.

Back to topic. EPIC win for the Coach, the Franchise, the direction of the TEAM and the players. I have talked to many friends and family in MN and they are surprised and pessimistic about the future and the Vikes next game. I am not pessimistic at all. I know that this will be a well prepared team and will stand a very good chance of winning. We are Viking fans and we are all over the freaking country so you little cheesedi**s and trolls can do your fly by rants, that’s o.k.

OUT!

188. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Sounds excellent. Merry Christmas Ozzinator– and a prosperous 2013.

189. By sdvikefan on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

P.S. Merry Christmas to all of you, even the trolls. Loving my Vikes..

190. By Ozzinator on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Thanks Titus, you’re a man of few.

191. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Haha Ozz, take care man.

192. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply
    LOL … what time did Bible study start?

_________________________________________________________________

Err more like Titus decides to take personal shots when he gets burned in football discussion frequently. And I believe in a thing called science. Not fake gods.

193. By dlineguy on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

muskgrave has had two brilliant games in san fran and houston games…..i just dont know where he was at for the other thirteen but kind of like ponder…he’s shown that he’s got it………maybe i just need to make a trip into the city every sunday morning with my caddle prod and keep them two from doing what they do all those other weeks

194. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

If the draft went down like the bleacher wishlist I would be pretty pleased with that although I think patterson could end up being something special, same with da’rick rogers.

195. By Spencer on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Parkway is the kind of atheist that would pray to God if somebody held a gun to his head.

196. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Parkway, you are entitled to your personal shots.

197. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Anyone see that band at halftime? That was the old Stray Cats singer– good times from the golden days.

198. By Immure on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I’m not familiar with the band but I remember reading something somewhere about the lead singer being a fan of the Vikings.

199. By Parkway on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Certainly not Spencer. And once again, I’d consider myself agnostic rather than atheist.

200. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Parkway … not even close. You are confused. Agnostic doesnt know anything or how anything became or is.

Atheist is a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings …

You are clearly Atheist.

201. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Parkway … Does ice have the same “likeness” of water?

202. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

I recommend a movie called “The Sunset Limited”

It is a strictly philosophical … no action no adventure … simply an Athiest and a Religious man debating/communicating

203. By Shawn on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

204. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 24, 2012 | Reply

Or the Case for Faith– written from by a lawyer, Lee Strobel- – who was once an atheist– he proves as if he is in a court of law, the truth of the Bible. I gave it to a friend of mine who was not a believer– he read it no-stop in like two days– even in the bathroom– he could not close the book–

205. By HCG. on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas to all.

See a dog wearing an AT-AT costume, only on……………wait for it……………http://vikingsfootballblog.com/

206. By RichardA1 on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday’s!

207. By Ozzinator on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas!

208. By BlueBird7 on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

As we are appear to be talking about everything but football today, here’s one:

Non Sequitor is a political cartoon for depicting the Wall Street crowd:

Stanta is standing on the roof top of one of three home with his sack of toys.

On the lawn of each home is a sign: FORECLOSED. Some message, huh.

Other than that, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

209. By Spencer on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

210. By Smith22DMVP on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

I think the fact that ponder played solid vs the texans will go a long way against the pack. They know they cant 100% count him out. Just throws a wrinkle into thier defensive game plan and hopefully will open up a few lanes for AP. or.. they will ignore it and gun for AP and hopefully ponder can throw enough to move the chains again

211. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Nice video there, Spencer…

Merry Christmas to all !!!….

212. By Ozzinator on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Not a bad video Spencer, not bad at all.

213. By Spencer on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas OTK and Ozz.

214. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas Spencer & Ozz…

Yep..Enjoyed that video so much…I shared that one on facebook…

215. By Alamo Tex on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

You breaver chasers got lucky this time around..How about Green Bay?
    When the next time we play we will feed you some old fashion cow dung and paste your favorite quarterback on the stadium wall right next to the outhouse.

216. By Shawn on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas to all. Even Hippster and Ozz

217. By Argos Geminus Sparticus Esperanza on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Let me get this straight. A Packer fan posted that he hopes Peterson gets hurt. Several viking fans are calling for Rodgers to get hurt. The Packer fan was accused of being hateful. Every other comment from viking fans is filled with ill will towards people from Wisconsin. I have yet to see a viking fan post something like, ” I’m pumped for this game! I hope the Vikings score at will. This is our chance to make a statement. I can’t wait! This is what football is all about.” Instead you guys are full of insults and lacking stats. If GB can’t stop the run and Ponder finds his stride the vikings could win. If the Packers D can stop AP Ponder may make errant throws. Either way it’s gonna be a wild one. I hope you viking fans don’t take things to heart and get in trouble at the game. Same goes for GB fans. Merry Christmas viking fans and may the best team win!

218. By vikes- or - die on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Green Bay is looking better then they have all year, but, then again so do we. My biggest concern is Green Bay’s secondary. They have some play makers that can challenge receivers for the ball. I would love to see Ponder be aggressive, BUT, extremely smart with the ball. No turnovers, not a home, no way. Let’s get the ball in AP’s hands BABY!!!! We are home with the crown noise. Our “0” line is hungry to make a huge STATEMENT!!!!!!!!! Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

219. By RichardA1 on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Here yuh go Argos! “I’m Pumped Up For This Game”
    The place is going to be loud, to the point where cheese shatters! it will be europhoric, supernatural like state, with the fans in a continuous frenzy! there will be nothing the Packers can do! the kinetic energy from the fans will be out of this world! Fans will bring this place to a stratospheric high, equaled by no other NFL fans! one for the ages. Beware Packers, be afraid, very afraid!!!

220. By vikes- or - die on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Game Plan. Keep Rodgers running for his life all game long, like a scared little Rodger the rabbit. Our defense is filled with hard hitting play makers. We have come along way BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

221. By Immure on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Well here is some good news concerning the leader of our Defense.

222. By BlueBird7 on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Why was the GeenBay game moved to 3:25?

223. By vikes- or - die on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

For the record. I think HC Frazier ROCKS. I want a coach that gets the most out of his players and will go to battle for him. I think that’s what Frazier does, But more importantly, I just think that’s who he is.

224. By vikes- or - die on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Game moved up for the drama. Gotta love it!!!! Let’s rock the VIKING SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!

225. By Tomcat on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas to all my Vikings friends, and a Happy New Year!

226. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

They moved the game because it is such a huge game and they wanted to start it after I get home from church.

227. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas to all, even the Cheeseheads.

228. By WHAT??? on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Are you guys seriously whining for a new HC??? Leslie took a 3-13 team with no passing attack and got us into the playoff talks. YOU GUYS NEED TO GET YOUR HEADS EXAMINED!!!

229. By WHAT??? on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Oh yeah, Spencer is from Philly, THATS RIGHT. GO cheer for your own team and let us the real Minnesotans cheer for our team. (I hate that smack talkin idiot)

230. By WHAT??? on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

No wonder why he is in love with Andy Ried. He’d like to make a Spencer Sandwich. Chris cook on one side, Andy Reid on the other, and spencer taking it in the middle.

231. By Immure on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Good take. I’ll take Frazier anyday! some of you would talk sh*t about Bud Grant if he was still coaching. I’m pretty sure some of you will talk trash even when we finally win a superbowl. Sometimes it is embarrasing to be affiliated with you more “emotional” fans.

232. By rory from n.w.ark on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Great win over Texans ,Love how we played our physical way,last game against Packers we out played them, Ponder will have another solid game and the great A.P will get 210 again,, just feel it we can run on the Packer cheese heads ,Need great fan support, And yes we need to ROPE Rodgers about 6 times ,this is our win our turn ,see you again in playoffs Packers

233. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

I see Frazier as a master builder- he knows what he is doing and we will finally get a Superbowl win for the fans and Vikings– in fact, I predict several as he is crafting a long-range vision– the guy is a genius– this whole Vikings football mantra is way more powerful than most of you realize. He is building a team psyche among the players that binds them into a cohesive group on the same page with a very simple but effective grasp of what to focus on– solid, hard hitting and disciplined football– no mistakes with domination– I like our coach.

234. By Spoiler on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Three cheers for Titus!! I could not have said it better myself.

235. By Argos Geminus Sparticus Esperanza on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

That will be rather difficult when the stadium is 40% Green and Gold. Throw around some facts, this is a game not a movie. Spare the theatrics A1. Rodgers should have a field day with the secondary and Mike Niel will slow down the running game. As for Clay Matthews, he will get 2 or 3 sacks on Ponder. Peterson and Greenway are the only exceptional players ( you could throw Blair Walsh in there but he will be a non-factor because the Purple is going to need TD’s to keep up with Rodgers and company) I’d consider Smith but he rely’s on dirty hits from time to time. That’s what got him hurt a few weeks back. The Vikings are gonna need help from from the mediocre players, catch a few breaks from the refs and lucky fumble recoveries and the Packers to bring their B game. We shall see come Sunday.

236. By Argos Geminus Sparticus Esperanza on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas to you Titus.

237. By Spoiler on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Frazier reminds me very very very much, of Bud Grant. The old guard of Vikings players have publicly said it as well. There is a reason why many Grant era Vikings, Tony Dungy, as well as many guru’s are high on Leslie Frazier.

238. By lance on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

I love how we been playing. Also, I like frazier as coach! I think we owe a lot to spielman as well! He is building this team to compete with mostly young players that we picked in the drafts. I am however not sold on Ponder yet. He has a lot to prove. We are still ranked 32nd in passing last in the leauge. With our run game it should be much better! So as much as I think ponder should be doing much better! Who really is be blamed here? Musgrave or the quaterback coach? Some may suggest it’s our WR;s corps but I think its been just fine. Also I want to say I think Alan Williams has been outstanding this year! I am excited to see what he will do for us next season :)

Go Vikings!

239. By Immure on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

By Immure on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

__________________________________________________________________

Although I agree with parts of this statement, who ever wrote it please don’t post under my name.

240. By Immure on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Sorry, I’ll post under another name.

241. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas Argos– I was thinking the same about the crowd noise, but figured people should know that any Green Bay game has a fair amount of cheeseheads, especially since the states border each other– AND the cheeseheads were around before the Vikings. I just hope people remember it is still just a game and no one gets beat up and severely hurt because of tempers.

242. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Yes, there are cheeseheads dwelling among us– some actually live in the Twin Cities (Sad but true).

243. By Shawn on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Cheeseheads that live in the Twin Cities are just former Viking fans who have no loyalty and have been on more than 1 bandwagon … they were likely Cowboy fans in the 90s.

244. By Shawn on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Cheeseheads is why FEMA has built secret concentration camps her in the US

245. By Parkway on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Nope you are wrong. Agnostics don’t necessarily refute the idea that there could be a higher power but that it is unknown. Though I do know that all of the religions that currently exist are not real.

Look up “astrological allegory” and see if you learn anything.

246. By Shawn on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas Parkway

247. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas Parkway and may your 2013 be a prosperous one.

248. By Argos Geminus Sparticus Esperanza on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Some Packer fans are from Minnesota. They were established in 1919. 40 some years before the Viking expansion team. There are thousands of people who were born and raised in Wisconsin who have went to college or found a great job in the Twin Cities. Most Packer fans who live in the metro area are from Wisconsin. They’re all good people just like you Viking fans. Many of my good friends are Viking fans.

249. By Parkway on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

You mean happy festivus, that was a couple days ago

250. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Life is good.

251. By Immure on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Sunday will be the most important game we play this season so far. I’m hoping for a hard fought battle and a injury free game (for both teams). You never wanna see any injury to a player especially with the playoffs around the corner.

252. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Amen to that Immure.

253. By RichardA1 on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Rodgers a hay day! huh, has he met H. Smith? I say we petty the cheeseheads and convert them while they dare to enter our stadium!

254. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Rodgers may have a hay day– although it will be artificial hay as he eats our turf time after time.

255. By Ozzinator on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

@ Shawn – Thanks for including me in your holiday greeting, and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas yourself, at least of what’s left of it today. Actually, for us Catholics the celebration starts now through some time in January. Anyway, enjoy all and God bless!

256. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

For us Word people, Christmas is year round!

257. By Vikings1 on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

@Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus

Well said Christmas is not the only day for giving, True Christians give every day, Merry Christmas and to all a Good Night!

258. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Thanks– and Merry Christmas to all the Vikings players, coach Frazier, all the staff and Mike Wobschall–

259. By Spencer on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Why do the safties play 20yds away from the line?

260. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, are you a Vikings fan?

261. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Wobbles looks like he had one too many Egg Nogs while wearing that Santa hat.

262. By Derrick.G on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

“Go away Parkway.” Lets all chant that. What an Idiot.

263. By Derrick.G on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer, because that’s called cover 2. It doesn’t allow the deep ball.

264. By Derrick.G on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Hope you guys had a MERRY CHRISTMAS, and if you have a problem with that, go eat a dam celery stick or somethin’.

265. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Our entire defense is bad because they aren’t all Chris Cook

266. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

@Derrick. G and he acts like Cook is shutting down receivers like he is on an island with no help over the top.

267. By MuskyFever on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

So… Did everyone get what they wanted for Xmas???

I did. I got a few things I thought I would share. Though AP didn’t break the record (yet) the vikings did get a win. Though Ponder did not play extrodonary, he played well enough for us to win. He did make some bad mistakes, but the Texans were unable to capatalize on them so he had luck on his side also. The D played lights out. H. Smith was flying around the ball like me at a musky store. Great Xmas present was the Vikings team win. SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!

Wife suprized me with tickets to the GB game on Sunday. So I will be part of the crowd noise screaming at the hated Fudge Packers. Gosh I hate them!!!

Not that any of you care… but I got a GoPro Hero3 HD extreme sports video camera. Can’t wait to film the musky adventures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

268. By MuskyFever on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Chris Cook is a good player… But he is not Darrel Revis. He has a long way to go before we can say we are putting people on Cook island. I am sure that he can be one of the greats down the line, but he still has a lot of learning to do before I would consider him an elite CB

269. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

I just want to wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas. Its nice to spend the Holidays with your friends and family

I know what I got for Christmas, a Vikings win and an Adrian Peterson jersey. Great Christmas!

270. By pinkerton on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

hey bluebird you dont see squat! do you even know what a pinkerton is? i dont dislike you but you r way too negative to a team i love in hope of the postseason after 3 an 13. just sayn give ponder a break once in a while. no he isnt my ideal qb but hey what are YOU able to do bout it! the kid might get better maybe not. yes we see alot of short coming but hey we are die hards here!

271. By pinkerton on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

i like that titus! having a 4oclock game. ill be so happy to be able to go to church have lunch w my inlaws, go home, get in my purple 28, go to my dads and have a father son vikings victory then wait for the postseason! im ready to hear the horn and thunder!!

272. By liito on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

When the passing game catches up, the Vikes will surprise a lot of people.