Walsh Breaks NFL Record For Most Field Goals Over 50 Yards In A Season

Posted by Ryan Cardinal on December 23, 2012 – 1:10 pm

Vikings rookie K Blair Walsh kicked his ninth field goal of over 50 yards during Sunday’s game vs. the Texans, breaking the NFL record of eight which he was previously tied for with Morten Anderson and Jason Hanson.  The 56-yarder also tied Walsh with Paul Edinger for the longest field goal in Vikings history.  Walsh also holds the Vikings team record for touchbacks in a season with 47 heading into today’s game.

Hopefully a well-deserved Pro Bowl nod is coming his way soon.

walsh-blog

Posted in All | 7 Comments »

7 Responses to “Walsh Breaks NFL Record For Most Field Goals Over 50 Yards In A Season”

1. By Tomcat on Dec 23, 2012 | Reply

BAAAAARRRRROOOOOHHHHH!!!

2. By Erik the Red on Dec 23, 2012 | Reply

I am liking what I am seeing from the team, especially the defense! I hope they can keep it up, and I hope Peterson can get a bunch more yards in there! SKOL VIKINGS!

3. By vikingfanforlife on Dec 23, 2012 | Reply

Oh Ya!!!!!!! Get it done Vikes!!!!!!!!!

4. By RichardA1 on Dec 23, 2012 | Reply

He is a steel of the draft, rookie, you could not of asked for more! he’s already one of the best kickers ever! A Official member of the Berzerk Gang!

5. By OldVikingFan on Dec 23, 2012 | Reply

I have been a Viking fan for almost 50 years. This is great news for the Vikings this year and moving into the future. A good kicker can put at least two wins in the win column for a team in a season. Here’s to a great game next week aganist a tough Packer team and a possible wildcard spot. Go Vikes.

6. By Dr. Dave on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

We need to give Blair Walsh an appropriate nickname due to his ability to “clean” up with field goals … I suggest we call him the “Walshing Machine”.

7. By JIM ANDERSEN on Dec 25, 2012 | Reply

Walsh and AP haven’t let us down once this year. I hope the Vikes can copy last years Giants and win out!! Go Vikes!!