A Closer Look: What Is “Vikings” Football?

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 19, 2012 – 1:15 pm

It may be wise to take with a grain of salt what NFL head coaches say during press conferences at this late stage of the season. And you can hardly blame a NFL coach for falling into patterns of hyperbole and coach speak given how frequently they’re required to meet with reporters and speak about their team.

With that being said, it’s not uncommon for a head coach to carry to press conferences the same theme(s) he promotes to his team. As an example, we’ve heard Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier emphasize repeatedly that he wants his team to play “smart, tough, disciplined” football. Whether speaking to his team in a meeting room or after the game in the locker room, or speaking with reporters at a press conference, Frazier calls this brand of play “Vikings football.”

Here’s a closer look at what defines Frazier’s brand of “Vikings Football”…

Smart
The Vikings game plans against St. Louis were clever. Bill Musgrave and the offensive staff mixed in play-action bootlegs early in the game to find holes in a Rams defense that was selling out to stop the run. St. Louis had some success neutralizing the run early – Adrian Peterson had just 8 yards on his first 8 carries – but eventually they had to account for the crossing routes and rollouts. Once they did that, the running game took over.

Defensively, Alan Williams and the Vikings defensive staff mixed blitzes, pressures and even zone blitzes into the game plan. Everson Griffen came away with a pick-6, Marcus Sherels and Antoine Winfield pressured the QB, and Chad Greenway and Erin Henderson registered sacks. When all was said and done, the Vikings had 5 pass breakups, 4.0 sacks and a fumble recovery. Greenway led the team in tackles (again) and role players such as Christian Ballard (1.0 sack), Griffen and Sherels all made an impact

Tough
The essence of blocking and, consequently, of running the football is moving the opponent in a direction against their will. The Vikings offensive line has been able to do that with regularity this season. It’s no secret the Vikings come into each game prioritizing the run game, and it’s also no secret that opponents come into each game with the top priority being stopping the run. The Vikings have seen defenses put as many as 9 players in the box, and yet Peterson and the Vikings offense still find a way to run the ball with effectiveness.

And how about the Vikings special teams? The combination of kick and coverage on kickoffs has been sensational for the Vikings this season. Blair Walsh has set a single-season record for touchbacks, but many times he’s asked to put hang time under his kicks so the coverage team can run down and, well, cover. The Vikings rank 6th in opponent’s average starting field position after a kickoff and they also rank 7th in opponent’s average punt returns.

Disciplined
It’s not often discussed or written about, but one of the Vikings most significant areas of improvement this season has been in the penalty department. Last season, the Vikings ranked 23rd in penalties accepted against (109). This year, the Vikings rank 4th with just 75 accepted penalties against them. The Vikings and Atlanta Falcons are the only two teams who’ve avoided double-digits in holding + offsides/false start penalties. Frazier credited two sources for this drastic improvement – his players and ownership.

“For us to be in the top five this season, credit to our players,” Frazier said. “We really emphasized in the offseason, but that’s not unlike any other year that we’ve emphasized it. Once again, our ownership really buying into some things that I talked with them about this offseason. I was talking with some other coaches around the League, trying to get some ideas. One of the coaches I talked with mentioned that they had tried to use officials in practice. And he saw a dramatic decrease in their penalties. I talked to our ownership about it because those guys (officials) aren’t going to volunteer their time, and they (ownership) were willing to support it. I think having those officials there has helped us, along with our players being more conscious. But they’re probably more conscious because those officials are there and they will call penalties in practice.”

Tags: , , , , , , , ,
Posted in All | 220 Comments »

220 Responses to “A Closer Look: What Is “Vikings” Football?”

1. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Vikings Football is getting the ball into the Endzone….

2. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

It is also getting Adrian Peterson to break the Iric Di-ck-erson rushing record.

3. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

4. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Seems like we sill have a bunch of stupid penalties each game, I’m surprised we are doing that well.

5. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Another hidden stat belonging to those “retired refs” group in which Frazier referred too, is…

No foolish throwing of “red flags” this season from Frazier !!!…

His consulting refs up in the players box…Has been doing his consulting with Frazier, flawlessly !!…

6. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Now if the coaching staff could just manage the clock..After the 2 minute warning ???…

That would be a huge plus… ;-)

7. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Haze

Did you send a copy of Herman’s video to Frazier? He could use it,

8. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Lets get Sanchez

9. By VF209 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Vikes on 3……1, 2, 3…VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. By realviking on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Parkway I thought we had Sanchez, isn’t Ponder suppose to be the next Sanchez it seems like it

11. By northwoodsv2 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH…..Wobs got beat again……

Breaking Ponder news at http://www.vikingsfootballblog.com

Check it out!!!

12. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

OTK

Manage the clock on 2 minute warning? I think not. Daylight Savings for Frazier.

13. By Spencer on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Ponders a married man now, gentlemen. Just happened today.

14. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Is he an illegal? Is that why it was rushed. I saw some thing that he did it for a number of “personal reasons”.

15. By realviking on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Even though I criticize my team I’m still a fan till the end.
    I just don’t agree with everything they do that’s why I’m entitled to my opinions.
    I want the best for my team so if I don’t think something is good them I’ll speak my mind on it instead of forcing myself to accept everything

16. By northwoodsv2 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Hey Wobs, you know AP got arrested?

17. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Northwoods2

Hahahaha That was GREAT! BTW I took c & d also. Thanks!

18. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

OTK

_____________________

Remember how bad the clock usage was before Favre came…To help bail out Childress ???…

Well don’t look now ???…But the problem is back, ever since Favre has been gone…

This team panics, or hits the “stupid button”…Whenever we approach the 2 minute warning ???… :-(

Just don’t know, why ???…That can’t be corrected…

19. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

By Spencer on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Ponders a married man now, gentlemen. Just happened today.

__________________

Oh…I thought you guys knew ???…

Weren’t , you all invited to the wedding ???

20. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I must be too serious, most the time ???

The Ponder thing wassupposed to be a joke…hahaha… :-/

21. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

LOL @ Northwoods … NFL QBs should have short names, and I now can’t get Rothlesberger out of my head!!! YUCK!!! :-p

22. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Vikings football also means no passing game, with Ponder as qb

23. By Spencer on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

…Would have responded OT, but just got out of the doctors office with Cook. Hes healed.

24. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

By Spencer on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

_____________

hahahaha….Good one Spencer !!!

25. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Yes, OTK. I noticed that non- 2 minute drill also. Like Howdy Doody Time.

This will be second time palling the Texans. First one Tex 28-Vikes 24.

Let us not repeat that type of game. Use Peterson to turn it around our way.

26. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Playing that is…..

27. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I hope Cook is healed…

I have Cook predicted to get his first int this Sunday…

And we will need it….If it comes true… :-)

28. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

29. By VF209 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

make no mistake the bears are who we thought they were and you play to win the game and isn’t that how you make the PlLAYOFFS!

30. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

History Repeating Itself? Peyton’s rookie season, he went 3-13 as well!

PLAYOFFS???

31. By CaribooBill on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Ponder got married on Monday – eloped – no ceremony, just courthouse – no distraction to team – responsible action, in my opinion.

32. By realviking on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Wisconsin

33. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

realviking

Wisconsin? What about Wisconsin, is that where Mc-Ponder got hitched?

If so, ehy didn’t he just stay there. Rodgers could use a bad Backup QB.

34. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

If…The Vikings win this game ???…

They will get the elite recongnition they deserve !!!…
    And will be well earned…

35. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

%&**^# E key right next to W key..

36. By realviking on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

BB7

He got married in Wisconsin

37. By Spencer on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

38. By Viking33 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

If we kept feeding AP during the last game vs. the Packers he would proably break the record this week.

Glad to have Cook available again, his presence has been missed.

39. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

real

So they cut a big hunk of moldy green cheeze instead of a fancy cake?

40. By MuskyFever on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I understand why we pulled AP out of the game last week to prevent injury… But I think we should have left him in, so he could inch closer and closer to that Rushing record that he truley deserves

41. By Viking33 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Did Ponder start dating this girl around the 4th-5th Game of the Season – did something happen in the relationship, did she move in around then??

42. By realviking on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

PurplHaze I think your forcing yourself to believe something that you really don’t believe in.

It’s like knowing it’s going to snow in Minnesota but you decide to wear shorts because you want to believe it won’t.

You and I both know the NFL today I’d not what it used to be. Back then it was a running backs league but now it’s a quarterbacks league with a few good running backs.

The rules changed giving the quarterback a greater chance to succeed why do you think these rookies are coming in looking like vets now days.

You try to compare Ponder to great quarterbacks and I refuse to. When Manning came out he was considered by many as being the next big thing along with you know who.

Ponder is you know who he will never come close to Manning, Ponder is playing with the greatest running back in the game right now who might end up being the greatest to play this game.

Ponder doesn’t have to do what these other quarterbacks had to do, those guys were asked to carry a team Ponder doesn’t have to do that.

When a rookie quarterback gets drafted defensive coordinators test them giving them different looks.

Ponder gets the same looks over and over again and still don’t have a clue what to do, teams don’t game plan to stop Ponder they writer about AP.

43. By realviking on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Worry

44. By Viking33 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Having a woman around to plan a wedding during the season….is not responsible. I don’t care who you are, that lady is in his head. I had little to nothing to do with planning my wedding and I couldn’t wait for it to be over. And yes I am still married, 10 years later.

I hope that is why he hasn’t been able to think clearly this year….. i hope.

45. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Probably knocked her up

46. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

WOW realviking. You are right on the button with that.

47. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I don’t force myself to believe ANYTHING, real … Don’t jump to conclusions.

I simply pointed out that their rookie seasons ended with the same record, that’s ALL! If anybody’s forcing themselves to believe anything, it’s YOU!

48. By realviking on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

BB7

I guess so but I don’t know since when getting married in Wisconsin was better then Minnesota for a Vikings player.

I don’t see Rodgers or any cheese heads getting married in Minnesota

49. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

And, realviking … Please proof your posts. They’re nearly impossible to read!

50. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

And you are right, They worry about Peterson, not Ponder.

51. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

ponder is a putz, maybe green bay will take him off our hands, they need a 3rd string qb

52. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Purple

I didn’t have any problem reading his posts…If they are bad Titus will jump in.

53. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

LOL … Where the HE11 is Titus anyway?

54. By realviking on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

PurplHaze

I believe in what I see not what peoples want me to believe.
    I’m not going to let Frazier and Spielman make me believe in Ponder, I watch football and Ponder was the last quarterback I expected to go in the first round.
    Just like Frazier raved about Burton catching everything in training camp which was a lie and fans who believed that are now witnessing the truth.
    They said they held an open competition which was a lie also.
    Anyone who been to or went to the Vikings training camp knows that Ponder was the only quarterback getting reps with the first team do how is that an open competition.
    Frazier said Ponder was going to be the starting quarterback going into the offseason so why would they be competing if the starters were selected already.

55. By realviking on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Purpl

Nobody else is having a problem reading them except for you.

56. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

PAY ALEX SMITH

57. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

OK, if Ponder isn’t the answer, then Joe Webb SURE AS HE11 ISN’T THE ANSWER!!!

Now, I’m DONE with the subject! Let’s move on, PLEASE!!!

58. By northwoodsv2 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Yeah……I won’t ever be able to think of Roethlisberger without shuddering……or puking a little bit in my mouth.

59. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Play VIKINGS Football! Hard-nosed Defense rushing and sacking the QB! That’s how I remember us once being seen by opposing teams! What ever happened to THAT game plan???

60. By The 1 And Only PurplHaze! on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

AMEN, Northwoodsv2!!! Thanks for the picture … NOT!!!

61. By realviking on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

We no longer have Pat Williams, he made everyone job easier. I miss having the whole Williams wall.
    Pat told the other players you go get the quarterback I’ll stop the running back. We need that big body again.

62. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Come on guys, that could be someone’s mother!

(OMG. did I just say that)?

63. By MuskyFever on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

@BB7

Yeah it could also be someones GF… Maybe that is why Ponder has been so distracted lately??? I wouldn’t be able to throw either if I knew that is what I was going home to after the game. uhhh, see now I feel bad for Ponder

64. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

preach realviking preach! That’s the truth about Ponder

65. By Spencer on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

66. By northwoodsv2 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

The Other Vikings blog (the fun one)

Give it a try. No naughty words to prevent you from posting, no post limits, get Vikings news before Wobs tells you about it, post pictures, discuss Vikes and have a fun time doing it.

Just submit your user name/info, the moderator will get a notice and authorize you (he has a day job, so sometimes it may take 15′ to an hour). After that, the possiblities are endless.

67. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Yeah vomit sauce on that video and all the media attention on the false flag

68. By Spencer on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Parkway- You are truly a piece of sh!t.

69. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

You are truly ignorant

70. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

71. By realviking on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

72. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Ponder will be a distant memory in a few years

73. By RichardA1 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Does anyone really think Ponders mind is going to be on the game! I seen a bunch of dragon headed vikings ships headed down the missisippi toward Texas! swords raised! Go A.P. Go…Go Berzerk A.P.

74. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

So I wrote on a previous blog recently on how genius Frazier is with branding the team– Vikings football– and here Wobbles writes an article. What are the odds he came up with this on his own? I am doubtful considering this blog does not start with a number— 12 ways to defend Ponder or maybe, 9 criteria to prove Allen almost beat the sack record again…

75. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Titus

I believe J.J. Watt will do that this weekend!

76. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Parkway that video had zero to it. But afterward, I did find a good one on Infowars and Obama’s fake crying. That gentleman at least made an argument– the above posting is a series of hodgepodge — a kid saying he saw a man handcuffed on the ground? The video and audio did not line up– was it even the kid in the video speaking– worse, where is the context? This kid may have been talking about something that happened last year. Geesh, Parkway—

77. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Titus you actually made it through that video? I got 90 seconds in and was annoyed with the poor quality and mumblings.

Was it the Alex Jones clip of Obama fake crying? That was good …

78. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, I believe so — Jones– I work with a lot of international students and they often misunderstand the purpose of the right to bear arms- they think it was to form militias to defend from outside attack. NOW, I am wondering– if maybe they are taught that? Hmmm?

79. By Champ Henson on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Ponder gets married on a monday before a must win game….he should have his head buried in the game plan and not somebody’s…….

80. By BlueBird7 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

On the Parkway video..I got about 10 seconds into it and pulled the plug!

Somebody should pull Parkway’s plug for posting such fake garbage……

81. By byronvikingsfan on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

did someone really say we should get sanchez?…no way

82. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

83. By Champ Henson on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Jones…I talked to a tourist from Greenland, they think everybody in the us owns a gun…..after this last week that will probably be true…..i’d rather talk football tho.

84. By Champ Henson on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

if Sanchez comes here i’m moving to des moines

85. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I watched the whole Parkway video keeping an open mind but the source lacked any credibility– not contextual basis to a series of unconnected dots with no clear linkage in the argument– at one point the narrator says– ” Doesn’t that give you the chills?” At which point I said, HUH?

86. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Hopefully Ponder can now concentrate– she ain’t going anywhere now.

87. By Champ Henson on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Titus – if must have been too much for Ponder knowing that she was interviewing stud ball players while he was away playing in another city.

88. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

LOL …. Titus I tried hard to watch with an open mind. Then I just couldnt do it anymore.

I have heard from other sources some interesting thoughts on the shootings.

1- the father of the colorado shooter and the father of the conneticut shooter have a connection through libor … thats would be nice to hear more of.

2- the kid in conneticut was on a known pharmaceutical drug that has violence listed as a side effect … i cant find the article right now

89. By Champ Henson on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Shawn…how the heck did you know how to spell pharmaceutical?

90. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

i know right :)

91. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I read about the Libor one as well Shawn.

The point of the video is that the “multiple shooter’ scenario is usually the tell tale sign of a false flag. You’ll notice most of the news stories about multiple shooters are now wiped away, but many archived them and took screen shots right away as the news broke. (Though the guy was really annoying throughout the video)

The fact that a kid with aspbergers had that many killshots with very few injured, the fact that the school had security cameras, the brothers ID planted on him, in full armor, etc… There is a lot of stuff that really doesn’t add up.

92. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Hurricane Sandy… Sandy Hook….

93. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Originally they said he shot his mom who was a teacher at the school, then when people at the school said they never heard of her they said he first shot her at his house…

94. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

PAY PERCY

95. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

here’s a page on the Libor connection

96. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

With Frazier as HC, “Vikings” football is play to not lose. Not play to win.

97. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

From Dru’gs.com, side effects of the drug Fanapt:
    Psychiatric
    Psychiatric side effects including restlessness, aggression, and delusion have been reported frequently. Hostility, decreased lib’ido, paranoia, anorga’smia, confusional state, mania, catatonia, mood swings, panic attack, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bulimia nervosa, delirium, polydipsia psychogenic, impulse-control disorder, and major depression have been reported infrequently.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/adam-lanza-taking-antipsychotic-fanapt-2012-12#ixzz2FXw4BoGr

98. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Media says ban guns and look at the drug the kid was taking … odd how Gods drugs are illegal but man made drugs are OK

Hmmm could it be because man cant own what God created?

99. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Corruption. The number 1 killer of the world.

100. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I’m in the championship for my fantasy league. I have Arian Foster and the guy I’m going up against has Adrian Peterson.

101. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

It’s profitable to declare a war on “drugs” aka pot and profitable for pharm companies to push any kind of drug they can.

We should declare a war on homelessness too.

102. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I would ask Wobbs for a Chris Cook update but Spencer is camped outside his house. We go live to Spencer for an update. Spencer, what do you got for us?

103. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

104. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Parkway, I am not saying I disagree with you– or the premise of the video– I clearly understand what he is trying to say– but it is not well done. As I stated– it is a series of clips — the second shooter running through the woods as the 20 yr old is dead in the school– well, as I watch that, I have to question several points– when was the woods scene filmed? How do I know, as a viewer, that this film was shot the same day? How do I know the 20 yr old is already in the school dead? Because a guy called the Idaho Picker posts a incoherent video on YouTube?

105. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I can try to find you the screenshots of the initial articles that came out, not sure if you read any of them, but the initial story was that a 2nd shooter was handcuffed in the woods, so that video would corroborate that story, but yes I agree nothing can be 100% believed or proved in the video but it does follow what was initially reported. I’ll try to find it.

106. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Do you know the root word for pharmacy is where we get the word for witchcraft– and witchcraft is not a woman on a broom– it has one purpose and that is to control the actions/thoughts of another human being, manipulation. Think on that.

107. By Spencer on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Titus- *an incoherent video.

108. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I am not surprised at all, Parkway. One world government was predicted thousands of years ago. AND now we are so close. Do all of you know the membership number Hitler had in the NAZI party? It is interesting.

109. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Spencer– calm down.

110. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Now is not the time for nitpicking– and on me, of all people.

111. By Spencer on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Just keeping you in check.

112. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

113. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

LOL … good job Spencer

114. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

The English word for “pharmacy” comes from the Greek word “pharmakeia”. It means “sorcery” and “witchcraft”.

115. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Parkway thats so 5 minutes ago :)

116. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

117. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I was just providing the facts backing Titus’ statement

118. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Titus’ statements are, by their very nature, facts.

119. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

smiley face suggests no aggression

120. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I mean just look up mkultra, mind control sh!t has been around for over 50 years I’m sure they didn’t just wrap it up and put a bow on it after they were told to stop. That’s not true CIA style.

121. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Spencer if Percy wants out and Belichick willing would you trade Percy for Mallet and a 1st rounder?

122. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

When Hitler was with the NAZI party his member number was 55; however because there were so few members and they wanted to look like a larger organization with more clout, they upped the numbers– Hitler’s membership number was 555. A precursor to the final dictator– only this time will be far worse — due to two significant differences since NAZI Germany. First, the level of control and surveillance through technology– but the key will be the whole globe will be under this new system’s authority– in other words, unlike Germany, there will be no outside powers to intervene and free the citizens. Get ready folks.

123. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

2 first rounders Shawn. Thats the least I would take.

124. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Now you’re coming around Titus, and won’t it be difficult to fight back once they take all of our guns… wait let me rephrase that, after they have made it so we BEG THEM to take all of our guns?

125. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

GDP … a potential franchise QB is equal to a 1st rounder

126. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Parkway– mind control been around for 50 years? I believe it goes back to the dawn of time.

127. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Now I am coming around? Huh? I have known this stuff since the early 80s.

128. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Clearly America is the NWO … the problem is too many people dont want to accept their own could be evil. Human nature is to point the finger …

129. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Out of all the teams the Pats have suckered into making dumb trades, which one of those teams has it worked out for? Do not do business with them!

130. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

130 countries occupied with American military bases … 196 total countries

131. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

That’s probably a good point Titus, just seems when you say mind control people who live under a rock think that that is some “futuristic” thing that isn’t even possible. Just like they probably wouldn’t believe that the government can also control the weather.

132. By Spencer on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Percy for Mallett and a 1st? Nah.

But I would love to have Vick.

133. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Can get Vick for free this offseason, no way the Eagles pick up his big bonus.

134. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Vick? No way. Too many dog lovers would be upset.

135. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Build through draft. Keep Ponder, Webb. and Percy.

Draft BPA in the positions of need. Build up the rest of the roster so if both those QBs end up not being the guy then the next QB we draft comes into a great situation. BUILD THROUGH DRAFT. BPA.

PAY PERCY

136. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

As of the year 2000 there were 7 countries without a Rothschild owned Central Bank.

Afghanistan
    Sudan
    Iraq
    Libya
    NKorea
    Cuba
    Iran

Hmmm someone tell me again which evil “dictators” have been killed recently?

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and the corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.”

—Thomas Jefferson in the debate over his opposition to the Re-charter of the Private Bank Bill (1809).

137. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Vick to the Browns. I want to see him leap into the dog pound.

138. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Spencer why do you like guys that play 8 games a year?

139. By Spencer on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

HAHA

140. By Immure on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I’m with GDP I would take two 1st round picks for Harvin and nothing less.

Two 1st round picks > One 1st round pick + Mallett.

141. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Uh oh. Shawn do you realize what you’ve done?

142. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Great quote Shawn, and on the flip side, to prove that point:

Give me control of a Nation’s money supply, and I care not who makes its laws.

-Mayer Rothschild

143. By Spencer on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Shawn- No idea, It just happens to be that the players I like are “part time” players.

144. By Shawn on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

ok i have been trying to get out for an hour …. good blogging guys … have to go

145. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

PAY PERCY Shawn

146. By HCG. on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Free Coffee @ http://vikingsfootballblog.com/

147. By monkeybomber757 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Vikings’s football is just give it to AP and let him run

148. By RuffKutt on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I wrote about Ponder got Married today – but this website don’t like free speech

149. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

But it does like grammar ;)

150. By DrinkHeavy on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Hey Wobbs, let’s try to win a playoff game this year or God-forbid, a Super Bowl, before we begin patting ourselves on the back and start coining comical phrases like “Vikings Football” that are completely meaningless and quite laughable to teams that have actually won something in the past 50 years. It’s embarassing…Instead, let’s agree to concentrate on addressing the reasons why our passing game is looking more and more like the Jets or Jags and what this organization plans to do about it (besides “keep working”).

GO VIKES

151. By Argos Geminus Sparticus Esperanza on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Drink Heavy. That pretty much sums up Viking fans. Drink heavy, curse at and dump chew spit on opposing fans. Viking fans are nothing but a bunch of drunk undisciplined cry babies. The Vikings won’t be in the playoffs after Houston and Green Bay humiliate them.

152. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Inbreds sure do say some interesting things

153. By northwoodsv2 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

How do you tell a level-headed Packer fan?

He drools out of both corners of his mouth.

154. By northwoodsv2 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Where do Packer fans go to meet women?

Family reunions.

155. By northwoodsv2 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

2 Packer fans walk into a bar……

……you would have thought the second one would have avoided it.

156. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Frazier is a genius with the Vikings football branding– it is simple and memorable– and unites the team with a focus.

157. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I hope for a win at Houston-it is possible. And I know beyond any doubt the Vikings will win against Green Bay— and in a big way. No doubts on that one. AP for 300 yards in that game and seven sacks on Rodgers.

158. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

northwoods, I would say go on the comedy club, but then I realized you’re just speaking the truth.

159. By Champ Henson on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

vikings football…. score three towndowns for a big lead…..go prevent defense….pray time runs out before you lose.

160. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Haha that sounds about right champ

161. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

it’s too bad Ponder put us in this situation

162. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

the only way the vikings get a 3 touchdown lead is from alot of defensive scores and turnovers

163. By Champ Henson on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Drinkheavy…TOUCHE’

164. By Champ Henson on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

We will learn alot about Ponder these next two weeks when things really matter

165. By Frederick Jones on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Pay Percy Harvin!!!

166. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Pay Fred Jones!

167. By Champ Henson on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Play Audie Cole!

168. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Pray Fred Jones!

169. By Champ Henson on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

How smart is a guy who meets a woman in october and marries her two months later?

170. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I have been trying to put up a list of the free agents that will come up for the Vikings after this season and next season…

But there names must be on Wobbs naughty list…Like Christian was ???..

So, I give up…

171. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Obviously Ponder knocked her up, no other reason for such a rush

172. By packwack on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

so viking fans..your qb is married now he should come up throwing for like 400 yeards on sunday…hahahah ok ok you got me he can’t even throw for 100 ..man im glad we have aaron rogers..he kind of lights it up..say it with me viking fans..MVP

173. By viking181164 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

packwack is lost again

174. By eggnog on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

TEBOW TEBOW http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl–sources–jets-exploring-possibilities-of-dumping-qbs-tim-tebow-and-mark-sanchez-001426858.html

175. By eggnog on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Coach Leslie I know this is outta no where but you got to checvk this out!

all I can say is get TEBOW and Ponder has to go ! the man run ! like TEBOW TIME !!

176. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Don’t cry when we beat the packers in a couple weeks– and it won’t be close like at Lambeau.

177. By eggnog on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Sorry yall I can’t get the page up , but yahoo has a rumor TEBOW wants to leave the Jets .

178. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

If we are going to have a running back for a QB, then obviously Webb would be the answer.

179. By vikes- or - die on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

We are due for an offensive explosion. And here come the Texans. Couldn’t come at a better time. The Viking train is gaining momentum and it can’t be stopped!!!! How sweet it is.

180. By viking181164 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

between ponder and tebow they cant add up to throw a football 60 yards

181. By eggnog on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

U think so Parkway ? well yeah u right hey do u think the reason why Ponder is with the Vikings b.c. of coach Bill ?

182. By viking181164 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

parkway hits the bottle a little too much..hes been crying for webb all year..

183. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I read earlier Tebow will leave the Jets– it is true.

184. By eggnog on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I c :-|

185. By eggnog on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I hope so ! TEBOW for the vikings !!

186. By viking181164 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

all i know is that mexican qb that the jets have…sucks bad for a 4th year high draft pick starter

187. By eggnog on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Can someone agree with me on this ? reason why Ponder is with the Vikings b.c. of coach Bill ?

188. By viking181164 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

eggnog ur not mixing rum with that drink are you?

189. By eggnog on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

hahahaha naan

190. By viking181164 on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

bill musgrave has the smallest play sheet in the nfl..if you havent noticed..they want ponder to manage the game instead of win the game..

191. By eggnog on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

thank you ! the only reason why Ponder is the Vikings b.c. of coach Bill yes yes yes someone has agree with me !

192. By eggnog on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

and I have heard the reason why Vikings drafted Ponder b.c. of Coach Bill ah huh

193. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Huh? Was Musgrave even with the Vikings when they drafted Ponder?

194. By eggnog on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

oh yes indeed !

195. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

This overview of Coach Musgrave’s quarterback career may explain a few things:

196. By vikes- or - die on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Our running game is looking unstoppable. It just gets better each week. I have a feeling we are going to air it out down the field some this week. I can not wait until Sunday. Our “D” and special teams are getting better as well. Could we be peaking at just the right time?

197. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

AP will run for almost 500 yards in these last two games–

198. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Texans are going DOWN!!

199. By Parkway on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I’ve been crying for Webb all year? Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. He’s a better QB than Ponder no question, but so are most HS QBs so that’s not really saying much.

200. By vikes- or - die on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

AP for 500. The way we are killing it on the ground. I can see it happening. Gotta love it. The playoffs for us has begun early. Go VIKES!!!!!!!!!! Good night all.

201. By BlueBird7 on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

202. By Dueyz on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

I waited to hear someone finally say it, and I knew they would. He won’t be last to say it…

203. By Dueyz on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Adrian Peterson is the best running back that has played the game. No doubt that statement will spark criticism, but rather than debate, I’ll let Peterson make my point :)

204. By wacky on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

sorry but the road stops this sunday…….. we as viking fans we should know…. its over sunday..

205. By GrandDaddyPurp on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

You mean over for Ponder?

206. By wacky on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

mike wobschall “THE REAL ONE” u are a idiot!!!

207. By JE on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

How can anyone say Webb cant play??He started 2 games 2 years ago and played good games. NOBODY HAS SEEN ENOUGH OF JOE WEBB TO SAY THAT HE CANT PLAY!! Need i remind you that he is only 1 year older than Ponder. When he got those starts he was thrown in with little time with the starters.He was 23 years old at the time.CMON PEOPLE!! You dont write a player like that off that fast seeing that little of football!!

208. By autobon7 on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

JE is right on the money…..we have not had nearly the same sample size (games started to compare) with Webb as opposed to Ponder.

209. By Kathy P on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

At this time, I refuse to believe we cannot win this game! The team IS coming together; albeit Ponder is still lagging in this equation. We have picked up with O-line,Defense,Secondary. This team is playing as ONE UNIT, for a common goal and that is what I havent seen in a long time. They KNOW what they have to do, and I think these last (2) games have proved that. Now, they need to go out and execute to the fullest. We have managed to achieve more than what anyone had imagined compared to last yr. This team has gotten stronger, more insync over the last (2) games. We all know that this team is hungry right now. AND we also know that this team is behind AP 110%. Let’s just get behind our team and show them that we believe in them (most of them anyway). Right now they are focusing on Houston and how to stop their Offense/Defense, and open up holes and block for AP. This IS what they need to do this week. So, I say, GO VIKES, and GO AP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

210. By BlueBird7 on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Well, I may just get to see J.J. Watt beat the sack record. How? Here’s how!

By feeding on Ponder! Give him a Welcome back to Minnesota Wedding present.

Just in case you want to know, I DON’t Like Ponder!!! A Primadonna if ever was!

Then, just maybe we get to see what the other QB’s that are presently rusting
    on the sidelines can do! Only person that really counts is Peterson! GO AD!

211. By MuskyFever on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

I guess all it comes down to is… Are you hungry? Or are you starving???

212. By MuskyFever on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Me personally… I’m STARVING!!!!!!!!!!

213. By rory from n.w.ark on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

GO VIKINGS Two more wins ,I know we will get in just two more wins,we can and will beat the Texans,No one really wants to play us right now,no one,get behind your Vikings were not done yet,Ponder just has to play smart and like last week no mistakes ,he did fine last week that first drive was all Christian,We can do this,and the big Final game is We have got to just tear up the Packers,I mean tear their hearts out…..That will give me the most satisfaction I have had since Brett whipped them twice in 2009…GO VIKINGS

214. By Argos Geminus Sparticus Esperanza on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Racist as usual. Standard for Viking fans.

215. By MuskyFever on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

@ Argos Geminus Sparticus Esperanza

I don’t think you know what your talking about….. IN FACT I know you don’t know what your talking about

216. By robb on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Ponder is improving somewhat and I feel he can do just enough to get the Vikings the win Sunday.Believe in the Vikings.Did the “fans” see what the players posted after the Chicago win…”thanks to all our TRUE fans”.Yeah they’re talking about the ones who don’t trash talk them and put the team down.Vikings are firing right now and will get it behind AP and a surging defense that has bought in.With Kalil and Felton opening up the routes the Vikings will surprise again.

217. By wygładzanie zmarszczek on Jan 16, 2013 | Reply

I go to see daily a few web pages and information sites to read articles, but this blog gives quality based posts.

218. By nejlepsi lekarze on Jun 25, 2013 | Reply

Wonderful web site. Plenty of helpful info here.
    I am sending it to several buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious.
    And naturally, thanks to your sweat!

219. By szybki internet on Jun 28, 2013 | Reply

I seriously love your blog.. Great colors & theme.
    Did you develop this site yourself? Please reply back as I’m looking to create my own personal blog and would love to find out where you got this from or exactly what the theme is named. Thank you!

220. By zmarszczki pod oczami on Sep 15, 2014 | Reply

Bardzo przydatny wpis, polecam ludziom