This Day In Vikings History: Miracle At The Met

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 14, 2012 – 11:51 am

It was 32 years ago today – December 14, 1980 – when the Vikings pulled off what is perhaps one of the great finishes in NFL history and is most certainly one of the best finishes in franchise history. You know an event has a significant place in history when it’s given a nickname that forever lives in lore, and that’s what happened with the Vikings victory.

Miracle at the Met is the nickname, and it describes an improbable comeback by the Vikings over the Cleveland Browns to capture a division championship.

Trailing 23-22 with 14 seconds to play in the game, legendary Vikings Head Coach Bud Grant called for a hook-and-ladder play, which was executed to perfection and resulted in RB Ted Brown advancing the ball to the Cleveland 46. On the next snap, with 5 seconds remaining, QB Tommy Kramer dropped back and launched pass down the right sideline. The pass was tipped and then caught by Ahmad Rashad in the end zone, giving the Vikings the win and the NFC Central Division title.

Current Vikings Director of College Scouting Scott Studwell made a key play for the Vikings defense on the series prior to the game-winning drive, tackling a Browns offensive player just short of the 1st down marker on 3rd and 9, resulting in the Cleveland punt that gave the Vikings possession at the 20 with just 14 seconds to play.

The embedded video clip above will help you relive the moment – a moment that will live forever in Vikings and NFL history, and will always be known as the Miracle at the Met.

Tags: , , ,
Posted in All | 161 Comments »

161 Responses to “This Day In Vikings History: Miracle At The Met”

1. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

March to Victory the rest of the Season!!

2. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

aaaahhhh Those were the days!!!

3. By DRS. on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

We need more players like Ahmad Rashad.

4. By jrshermz on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I remember watching that game. Hopefully new stadium will be outdoor.

5. By DRS. on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

The new stadium will have a roof; I just hope it will be a removable roof. That is if the Governor does not F with the funding and sends it back to be rehashed by the politicians.

6. By DRS. on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

7. By DRS. on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Everyone have agreat day.

8. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I wonder what I was doing– probably looking for my b-day presents. Oh, wait, I was about to travel overseas.

9. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Maybe looking for your first bike.

10. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I turned 16 – so no, I was a little older.

11. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

No, wait– I am thinking 1979. In 1980, I turned 17.

12. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

When did you start riding a bike? I started when about 10.

13. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I hope Adrain can run or ride a bike more then 110.3 yards.

The Rams have been holding all opponents to 110,3 yards….

14. By Ponder AKA 3 and out on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Ponder isn’t capable of a hail mary, it would fall short

15. By Ernesto on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I’m from Mexico, so maybe my grammar isn’t very good…
    i just want to say… wich number had Ahmad Rashad?, 28?
    now, Vikes had another great number 28 in A.P., i hope this will be a sign for great years to come.
    Go VIKES!

16. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Ponder for MVP

17. By OTKalil2012 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Is Frazier finally learning a little about “gamesmanship” and misleading future opponents with media releases or pressers ???…

I thought I noticed a little last week…That Simpson was looking a little better…And getting some of his speed and burst back…

18. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

titus people sent you birthday wishes on previous blog

19. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

ok off to the gym for deadlifts … first time in 5 years … tomorrow will be fun

20. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Shawn

Youre’ right. Tomorrow will be fun! “Oh my acking back!”.

21. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Some more football stuff to ponder This from MSNBC

“High ticket prices killing football.” Non-premium seats:
    $78.38 seat only. With beer, parking, hotdog.family of 4= $444.

TV operaters showing the games, instructed not to pan empty seats.

New Viking Stadium, how many seats? How many no-shows?

22. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Looks like Obama is really trying to go after everyone’s guns staging more school shootings.

23. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I saw Shawn– thanks. Happy early B-day to you. I was just wondering about this blog because this play happened on my b-day– not sure I remember it. So much is a blur at a certain point.

24. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I do remember Kramer and Ahmad Rashad– and Joey Browner. Announcers always liked to joke how Browner had a black belt.

25. By Scott Reed on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I was in my grandparents living room, wearing my pee-wee football gear, just got done with my game to run in to see Kramer throw the pass to Rashad. I got in so much trouble for jumping up and down on the carpet in my cleats! It was worth it. Love the Vikes!!

26. By purplehaze1 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

if that had been Flounder…Rashad would have had to come back about 40 yds to catch it…GO VIKES!!!

27. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Support your local Ponder.

28. By Bryan on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I remember my mom asking me what I wanted for Christmas that year. And I told her a Vikings Ted Brown jersey which I got along with a plastic Vikings helmet “both are currently on display in the man cave”.But seriously,I was seven years old then,the same age as those children who lost thier lives today before Christmas.Pray for thier families.

29. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Being from Canada, I don’t expect some of you to really give a d@mn about what I say here. I NEVER get involved in another country’s politics, especially yours, where I happen to have many old friends.
    But there are now 40 parents in Connecticut that will always remember Christmas for the worst reason possible, for the rest of their lives.
    I completely agree with your Second Amendment, but I have to think that your Founding Fathers did not envision some lunatic killing children when it was adopted. Maybe some “fine tuning” is needed.
    “Weapons of Mass Destruction”……Not in Iraq, but in Newtown, Connecticut.

That’s all I have to say. I may have “stirred the pot” here, but in a country that bills itself “the greatest country on earth” (and I agree), these things should STOP.

30. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Nova

I thank you for your comment. I agree the AR-15 should be banned.

I spent almost my entire life in the Army and when I read or see anything as horrible like this happening again, I wished I could have been there to take that killer out. Those small children needed protection. None was available.

You haven’t “stirred the pot” After I retrired, I was in Police work until I moved out of state. I know where you are coming from and the message you are stating.

31. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Nova you are very lost

32. By purplehaze1 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Titus, everytime i do that he lays an egg and i lose more hair: it won’t keep growing back forever. however, i admit that 40 yd comment is a bit out there…maybe 30…GO VIKES!!!

33. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

@ Parkway….maybe I like being lost……it’s safer here.

34. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

bb7 how about the government just stops staging this false flags? They are the only ones we need to protect ourselves from. This is pathetic.

35. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

@ BlueBird7…..Thanks. I’m a parent, too.

36. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Just horrible–

37. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Horrible doesn’t begin to define it, Titus. …And then you have some MORON LIKE PARKWAY try to weave some “government” involvement into it.
    Every time I go to Bermuda, Belize or anywhere abroad I stick up for my American buddies when they are criticized,, then I read that manure from something like “Parkway”.

38. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Parkway

Are you serious??? Your remarks that the government is staging these will and are going to tigger the boys monitering webb sites to kind of check you out!

Do not be surprised if some boys in blue knock or break down your door!

It is a known fact that these Web Sites ARE monitored by the Federal Government! You had to furnish info about yourself to this site when you signed up to post. Uncle Sam Does have access to that info! THINK MAN!!!!

39. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Parkway…I’M LOST ????? The ABC series was named after YOU.

40. By Spencer on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Hundreds of thousands of people illegally crossing our border every year and the feds are powerless to stop it. Gun control? Pure fantasy.

41. By CaribooBill on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I do not understand why these events occur. They seem to occur all over the world – no region seems to be immune. A very sad day. My condolences to everyone that is affected by this event, especially the victims.

42. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Pretty good on the north side, though, Spence.

43. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

And, Parkway, The US Government is VERY good at tracking people.

This was proven not too long ago. Another example:

A person robs a bank in Nevada, couple of days later he is arrested in Iowa.

You can be found ANYWHERE!

44. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Look it up if you are that ignorant, nice scare tactic bb7, you must work for them still huh, were you shooting any elementary kids lately?

45. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Good point spence, look at prohibition of alcohol, how’d that work out? If the truly bad people want to get guns, they aren’t going to be getting permits for them

46. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

No freedom of speech huh bb7? Can’t speak ill of the government this must be Orwell’s nightmare

47. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

It’s no wonder why I no longer blog here. It gets boring driving on a parkway.

48. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Parkway, I saw a show with Jesse Ventura about time travel and how the US government sent children through wormholes back in time to warn former presidents about how to wage wars. I suppose you believe that too.

49. By vikingfanforlife on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I don’t care if you keep your guns sir. I just do not want people with personality disorders to be able to get them, hurt and kill innocent victims. Most of the people I work with own weapons for hunting and protection. Instead of blowing smoke about some paranoid government gun take over. Why don’t gun owners come up with a solution that would allow them to keep the guns they love but keep them away from the mentally unstable. I will say a prayer for those who lost their loved ones today. Oh ya, Vikings if you can’t win the last three, just win the last one. Do it Now…

50. By CaribooBill on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Parkway – I do not understand your posts – do you believe these shootings are hoaxes?

51. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Spencer

The Feds are not concerned with those people, but you kill (murder) home grown people of the US and they don’t stop looking for you.

Why do those killers shoot themselves? They know they will be tracked down!

Those people coming accross the borders are just trying to get back some of what was stolen from them in the first place. Land!. Ask the American Indians!

52. By Spencer on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Where is Shawn? He would be having a field-day with a topic like this..

53. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Ha I saw that one too Titus, Ventura was not buying it obviously that’s BS

54. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I am surprised– I thought Parkway, you would have ate that up.

55. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Sell him a bridge in New York, Titus !

56. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Freedom of speech, Parkway? Try yelling FIRE in a crowed movie theater.

Try casting the USA Government as killers of school children.

That will draw their attention.. Would like to say it was nice knowing you.

BUT IT HASN’T.

57. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Nope looks like the gov got a hold of that show too since it was pretty legit before this year.

58. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Parkway, you have no clue what you are talking about.

59. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Titus clearly you don’t, you lack critical thinking skills.

60. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Ha ha ha — critical thinking skills is my middle name.

61. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

62. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

^^^^ What happens to parkway

63. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Doubt it, we condemn murderers when they are wearing street clothes carrying guns but think nothing of it if you are wearing a 3 piece suit and do it in the name of profit or protecting whatever various “freedoms”

64. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

^^^^ What happens to parkway……..

65. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

K you guys can choose to live in the dark sheep. Be robots and believe everything that is fed to you. BEEP BOOP “GOVERNMENT CAN DO NO WRONG” BEEP BOP BOP “MEDIA NEVER LIES”

66. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

” Live in the dark sheep ” ???????????

67. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

The Feds are also authorized to read your mail, tap your phone, yes even your cellphone, have your local Law Enforcement keep tabs on you, set up electonic
    listioning devices against the window panes of your house, pick up everything you say. Want me to continue? Parkway, you will be dealing with the Big Boys!

Playing with the posters on Vikings.com is fun, twist the Feds tail, another……

68. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

nova … the other thing would be to have health care so people can be diagnosed with mental illness and treated … but nah not in greedy corporate america. fuhk poor people

69. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

bb7 you know you are only proving my point right?

70. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I’ll pray to your fake gods that you guys wake up some day soon

71. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Nova

That is a good one! Tearing up a parkway! Kind of like what the Feds can do to the other one.

72. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Titus what was your gods plans for all those children?

73. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Check out these fake tears, wouldn’t win any awards

74. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I realize that Shawn, but what about ” Living in the Dark Sheep” ?????

75. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

That’s okay though right guys? No big deal

76. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply
    Titus what was your gods plans for all those children?

You make me sick.

77. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Nova- I’m just wondering if there is this all loving god how could he allow such terrible things to happen?

78. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Parkway, we had this discussion– went over your head a few weeks ago. Not going to repeat myself.

79. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply
    By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply
    Titus what was your gods plans for all those children?
    You make me sick.

You make me sick that you are so brainwashed and ignorant.

80. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

No it didn’t go over my head, you just have really terrible explanations for things that do not exist, if you were capable of critical thinking you wouldn’t believe in such foolish things that didn’t exist.

81. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

YOU are what the rest of the world refers to as “The Ugly American”.

82. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Parkway

The point I was making is when you accuse the United States Government,

of killing children you stepped over the line! Next on your sick list is 9/11.

US Government flew those aircraft into the Twin Towers Tell Us how they did it.

83. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Ha do you believe the company line on 9/11 bb7? Sad sad

84. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Parkway, I can run circles around you.

85. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Brainwashed ???? In Canada ???? We hear nothing but negatives about the U.S….Try going to live in a foreign country for a while when you grow up, moron.

86. By vikingfanforlife on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Most of the points that @BlueBird7 referenced to are policies put in place under George Bush after 911. Wait a minute, that’s the party that is against any kind of gun control. So there you have it, the gun people have convinced the gun owners that someone else is trying to take away our rights. The secret is out my friends. paranoia big destroyer

87. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Usually those who talk themselves up as much as you Titus are usually the most inept

88. By BlueBird7 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Yes Parkway, the US used Drone Aircraft, they had all the people bail out, first.

89. By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Anyway, back to enjoying the twolves game I can’t get through to you ignoramuses (look it up).

90. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

ok i mustve missed the “living dark sheep” thing … America is the worst when it comes to these tragedies ….

Nova I dont know Canada laws so correct me if Im off base …

Canada has as many guns as America … and about 10% of the murder rate of America. So guns are not the issue. We have a societal problem … I have theories

1- We are the only civilized country who doesnt have Universal HealthCare , which means our mentally ill dont get diagnosed and treated

2- We the people watch and repeat what our “leaders” do … Which is kill anyone who disobeys America

3- The American philosophy is “Get rich or Die trying”

4- well i had one more but i lost it while typing the other 3 …

91. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

________________________________________________________________

Man has been given free will … and there is a dark side in the world at work

92. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Shawn, I went into detail a few weeks ago, the self-proclaimed freedom fighter and genius could not comprehend– let it go.

93. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Only stat wrong there is the # of guns, buddy. Without even looking, with our gun laws and 1/10 your population, we have nowhere close to the number of guns you guys have.

94. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

By Parkway on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

He makes mistakes. He gave you access to a computer.

95. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

LOL … good to see novaisms again

96. By CaribooBill on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Shawn:
    Canada has much tougher gun laws than the USA. We need a Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC) to buy a gun. There are two types of certificates – one to acquire a “restricted” gun (pistols, automatics, etc.) and “unrestricted” (rifles and shotguns). Up to fairly recently, we also had to register our guns, but this was eliminated. However, we still have to have a firearms licence to legally bear arms.
    I Believe you are right that there are as many guns per capita in Canada, but there are far less handguns and automatics here.
    I don’t know how our murder rate compares to the USA but I am sure it varies hugely with locale – very high in some cities, far lower in others, very low in rural areas.

97. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

HAHAHA !!

98. By Shawn on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Thanks Cariboo

99. By john 61 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

bad thingshappen its sad,i feel for them,but its not the guns fault,

100. By CaribooBill on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Shawn – you are welcome. These tragedies have, I believe, complex causes. People, naturally enough, look for simple answers to try to comprehend them but I don’t think that there are simple answers to explain them. Prevention of these tragedies is almost surely a complex issue, as well. Canada has had its own tragedies of this sort, so has England, which I believe has much tougher gun laws than Canada. The right to bear arms here in Canada, speaking personally, is not onerous and I do not feel that my rights have been severely hurt. Others feel differently. We have universal health care here, but that does not prevent tragedies from happening. Nobody knows how many tragedies have been prevented by our guns laws and by our universal health care, but we have made our choices in these areas and they seem to work for us.

101. By Immure on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Alot of senseless violence towards children to day. Thoughts and Prayers going out to those in Connecticut and the children who were stabbed in China.

102. By liito on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Let’s all take a few minutes of prayerful reflection on all the victims and their families of the Connecticut elementary school shooting.

103. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I spent a lot of time in Canada when I was younger– primarily in the eastern part- was born about 90 miles from Toronto. Overall, the cities are much safer, but I believe I have read that assaults are very high in some areas– now, there are not many murders and gun violence is rare (although recently there is worry that is changing), but there is still violence. People will snap– but like a friend of mine always likes to say– there had to have been warnings.

104. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

OMG– I just looked that up. Did not see that– 20 children stabbed in China– which demonstrates how the weapon of choice is not the issue.

105. By Spencer on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Maybe we should have Knife Control too!

106. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Titus, I’ve spent a LOT more time in Canada and we try not to let civilians have these…..The AR-15 is a lightweight, 5.56 mm, magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifle, with a rotating-lock bolt, actuated by direct impingement gas operation or long/short stroke piston operation. It is manufactured with the extensive use of aluminum alloys and synthetic materials.

We kill deer, we don’t need these.

107. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Nova, do you believe time travel is possible?

108. By Spencer on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Happy Birthday, John.

109. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, I am not John! I swear.

110. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

No, but I believe that no matter where you go, there you are…..It’s been a long week, Titus, I just wish that Sonja could chew on that &%$#@& that destroyed some many people’s lives today.

111. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

* so many

112. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

113. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

MUSICAL INTERLUDE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

114. By Nicholas on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

In response to the last blog post by Wobbie:

I think that a DT in the first by the Vikings is very possible. Frazier wants to run the ball and stop the run…what better of a way to do that than to get a young stud DT?

ILB would be another obvious choice as well.

115. By john 61 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

thats why you live in canada,we have the right to bare arms, it dont mean you have to do what this idiot did

116. By stumandoo on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Was at that game 5 rows up in the same corner of end zone. Got pretty crazy down there. I have always missed the Met. Seen many great Vikes and Twins games there. Grant, Fran, Killebrew, Carew, Oliva. Memories frozen in time. High school classmates sister married Kramer. Oh ya I forgot Clint Jones was fun to watch.

117. By MASS MEDIA TELLS YOU on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I DON’T BLAME THE GUN I BLAME THE BULLET AND I DON’T BLAME THE BULLET I BLAME THE GUN POWDER AND I DON’T BLAME THE GUN POWDER I BLAME THE EXACT MIXTURE THAT MAKES THE EXPLOSION POSSIBLE! AND GUESS WHAT! IT’S THE OXYGEN THAT ALLOWS FOR THE EXPLOSION TO TAKE PLACE!

SEE HOW SIMPLE IT IS! IT’S THE OXYGEN’S FAULT!

LETS BAN ALL OXYGEN

118. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

By john 61 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

“Bare arms are cold in Canada, to.

119. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

*too

120. By MASS MEDIA TELLS YOU on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

spelling can be a real b*tch

121. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

By john 61 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Great….take the gun away from him ??????????

122. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

HA HA HA HA HA

123. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I must be tired– I didn’t catch that Nova.

124. By novascotiavike on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Morons, Titus, Morons…that’s why I don’t blog here anymore,
    BUT MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

125. By 176 CHILDREN OBAMA KILLED on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

WHY DOESN’T ANYONE CARE ABOUT US?

126. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas to Nova. And even to the morons.

127. By RichardA1 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I watched that game, it was awesome!! Now remember, pay no attention to Ponder loosing the game for us,,its A.P. getting the rushing record.

128. By RichardA1 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Concentrate on A.P. getting the rushing record and not Ponder loosing the game for us and the coachs doing nothing about it.

129. By BAN OXYGEN! on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Can’t wait for Bob Costas to come on an make a claim to take all of our guns again.

130. By vegasvike on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Not a frequent blogger here anymore and now I know why. If I’m going to express my opinions about world affairs I certainly wouldn’t pick an NFL site as my soap box. Shut off your computers, get involved and get a life people. You should be ashamed. The only statement that should be blogged is heartfelt sorrow.

131. By Frederick Jones on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Wow…a lot of old timers on the blog today

Nova
    Titus
    Shawn (The Quick and the Dead lol)
    VegasVike

132. By Frederick Jones on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Is it just jones or are other people being criticized for saying words like “normal.”

133. By Frederick Jones on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

This girl (or guy) has a problem with the word normal.

Jones has problems with this type of person, and honey there are a whole lot of them out there!!!

134. By Frederick Jones on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

135. By Dueyz on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Adrian Peterson is going to put up over 100 yards at STL. Their D-Backs are tough, so I can’t say how much.

Jackson is also going to put up close to, if not more than, 100 yards against us.

Bradford is overall better than Ponder, but neither impress me…so the questions remain.

Who rushes for more; Peterson or Jackson?

Who’s defense is more solid overall?

Who’s special teams do a better job?

If the answer is Peterson, Vikings, Vikings, we got this.

136. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

St Louis seems to be tough for us– we don’t do well there historically if my memory serves correctly– but I think we win.

137. By Fred Jones Pt 2 on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Fred gets his paints out and goes to the basement
    projecting some slides
    onto a plain white canvas and traces them, fills in the spaces
    he turns off the light, but it doesn’t look right
    and all of these bas tards, have taken his place
    he’s forgotten but not yet gone

138. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Fred, that is cool.

139. By Fred Jones Pt 2 on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Fred sits alone at his desk in the dark
    There’s an awkward young shadow that waits in the hall
    He’s cleared all his things and he’s put them in boxes
    Things that remind him: ‘life has been good’

Twenty-five years
    He’s worked at the paper
    A man’s here to take him downstairs
    And I’m sorry, mr. jones
    It’s time

140. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Wow, Fred, am listening to Enya and your poems match perfectly.

141. By Dueyz on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

If you dig AP like I do, check this out.

Brett Fvre says he’s the best, with Jim Brown’s input too. Plus background I never knew about AP.

142. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Great video– I didn’t know AP went through those tragedies.

143. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Inspiring–

144. By hippster on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

obama hung out with that dude from south korea who called for the deaths and torture of AMERICAN TROOPS AND THEIR FAMILYS . pick your fight mr pres

145. By Federal Monitor on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

FYI

MASS MEDIA TELLS YOU 176 CHILDREN OBAMA KILLED

Are the same person known as Parkway. All have been reported
    and now on the FBI Radar Screen.

146. By hippster on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

what happend to BENGAZI

147. By hippster on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

HUG YOUR KIDS TIGHT

148. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

something fishy going on…

149. By BlueBird7 on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

WHAT ! Titus, Are Troutdaddy and Muskyfever out fishing again?

150. By BlueBird7 on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Clean out and sweep the garage first!

151. By Sebsr on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

I remember this like it was yesterday. Just one thing…… the play is called a “hook & LATERAL”. A hook & ladder is a fire truck.

152. By Tomcat on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Dueyz- Thanks for the vid.

153. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

By Sebsr on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

HA HA HA HA HA– good catch. I am tired of catching Wobbles mistakes– but a good laugh! No wonder a new blog posted so quickly– Wobbles’ MO when he wants to bury a blog.

154. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Hey– just read it can be called the hook and ladder. Sorry Wobbles.

155. By BlueBird7 on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

It’s also called “Shove it up their Dingy”

156. By pondersucks07 on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

mexico has no wepeons for the citzens ,hows that working out?you dont see those nuts shooting people at gunshows,police stations only were people are unarmed.if one person at the school had firearm it wouldnt been that many killed,guncontrol laws cause more of these tragedies.

157. By Daniel on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Amazing, but could have been a TD anyway was short of the goal line

158. By hippster on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

true that pondersucks07 but mexico does have the guns obama sold them in fast and furious.i wonder how many innocent people have died from them .we do know they were used to kill BRIAN TERRY

159. By Frederick Jones on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Jones did not write either of the Fred Jones Pt. 2

160. By Sebsr on Dec 16, 2012 | Reply

Wikipedia does say it can also be called a hook & ladder, but I think it”s just because people misunderstood what was actually said contrary to the many “theories” Wikipedia serves up. I’m over 55 & when I was a kid everybody had Tonka hook & ladder fire trucks. I guess it’s just one of those things that drives me nuts whenever I hear it.

161. By auto parts on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

I like it when folks come together and share views.
    Great website, keep it up!