10 Takes Through 10 Games

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 20, 2012 – 11:36 am

On Wednesday we’ll throw our entire focus toward Sunday’s contest against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field. Before we do that, though, let’s take one last chance to reflect on what’s happened over the first 10 games of the Vikings season.

This was the topic of last week’s Wobcast, as I explained my 10 takes through 10 weeks…

10. Vikings are in the playoff hunt!
A strong 4-1 start and a key win against Detroit heading into the bye has placed the Vikings in the mix for a playoff spot in the NFC. It’s quite a treat for Vikings fans to be in this position after watching their team go 9-23 the past 2 seasons. Kudos to GM Rick Spielman and Head Coach Leslie Frazier for turning this organization around and heading in the right direction. The Vikings are 6-4 overall, 2-0 in the division and 4-3 in the NFC. If the playoffs started right now, the Vikings would miss it because of tie-breakers to Seattle and Tampa Bay. But the playoffs don’t start right now, so we’ll get to see if the Vikings can overcome a few teams over the next 6 weeks.

9. Dome-field advantage has returned
The Vikings were just 1-7 at home last year and suffered to a 3-13 season. This year, the Vikings dome-field advantage has returned. They are 4-1 in home games, and a big reason for that is the Mall of America Field crowd. Frazier compliments Vikings fans after each game and is genuine in his praise. He’s coached against and played against the Vikings in that building and respects the difference the home crowd can make. Good job, fans. Thanks for helping us gain that incredible dome-field advantage.

8. Youth, health has led to improvement in pass defense
The Vikings pass defense has taken a huge step forward in 2012. They were 26th in yards allowed last season and were 14th in that category after 10 games this season. What’s been the key? It’s been health and youth. CBs Antoine Winfield and Chris Cook missed 21 games combined last season, but this year they both started and remained healthy for most of the team’s first 10 games. Cook is dealing with an arm injury now, but young guys are stepping up in his absence. AJ Jefferson and this year’s 3rd-round pick – Josh Robinson – have filled the void well. Also, Harrison Smith is playing the safety position like we haven’t seen in years from a Vikings safety.

7. Percy has no mercy on opposing defenses
Simply put, I think Percy Harvin is the most dangerous offensive weapon among non-QBs in the NFL. He has 100 touches through 10 games – that’s receptions, rushes and returns – and he’s averaging 13.4 yards per touch with 5 TDs. Harvin is the best kickoff returner in the NFL, one of the best receivers in the NFL, and a good runner. There are not many (any?) better all-around threats in the NFL.

6. Vikings special teams have been outstanding, and deserve more credit
– Often times special teams is the neglected phase of football. But special teams has not been neglected by the Vikings, and in fact I’d submit that special teams has been key to the Vikings success this year. Heck, the Vikings special teams basically single-handedly won a game this year – Detroit – Week 4. A bunch of credit goes to Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer and assistant special teams coach Chris White for the work they’ve done together over the past two seasons. Through 10 games, the Vikings ranked 2nd in average drive start, 4th in kickoff return, 2nd in touchbacks on kickoffs and 9th in punt return. Special teams is something fans complain about when it’s going poorly, but forget about when it’s going well. Let’s take a moment during to appreciate the Vikings special teams play to this point. Bravo, guys.

To see the final 5 takes, which includes bold talk about Adrian Peterson and Blair Walsh, check out last week’s Wobcast.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

128 Responses to “10 Takes Through 10 Games”

1. By Kyle on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

FIRST!!!

2. By Spencer on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

My take through the first 10 games?

1. AP is 10x better than what I predicted.
    2. Percy Harvin is one of toughest SOB’s in the league.
    3. Chris Cook is the 2nd best player on the defense.
    4. Ponders ceiling is Mark Sanchez in his “prime.”
    5. The Run blocking is stellar.
    6. The pass blocking leaves much to be desired.
    7. The run defense was great, now its horrible.
    8. Greenway is the heart and soul of the D.
    9. The Rookies are doing a solid job.
    10. This is a playoff team.

3. By BlueBird7 on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Brian Billick has rated the Vikings at nr. 16 and stated it would be tough to win
    2 0f the 6 games left. That is Hogwash! Prove him wrong again, Vikings!!!

4. By Nicholas on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

lmfao @ your # 4 Spencer…Mark Sanchez in his prime…too funny!

5. By BlueBird7 on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Spencer ‘Chris Cook is the 2nd best player on the defense’

Who in your opinion is the 1st? Could it be Greenway, Allen, Henderson,
    Harrison, Williams, Winfield? Quite a list to chose from…My guess is Winfield.

Or maybe Chad Greenway, or Henderson, or maybe Harrison. Tough isn’t it!

6. By iaVIKE on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Erin Henderson is FAR from the best defensive player, Deertracks….he shouldn’t even be mentioned with those other guys

7. By Troutdaddy on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Sorry Spencer- your Bro-mance with Cook has clouded your mind. Cook has played very average this year and sub-par in at least half the games he played. Show me the stats and prove me wrong, but I haven’t heard anyone in the games say stuff like “Wow, that Cook is on fire” or “Cook made the difference in the game” Sure, he contributed at times, but he (as many predicted) is too brittle and too soft on coverage. Sorry- just how I see it. Winfield and Smith have been solid and pa$$ionate. Haven’t seen the pa$$ion from Cook, nor will we for a long time.

8. By Troutdaddy on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

A few takes I would add to this list of 10 would be these:

1- Peterson and Harvin are the heart and sole of this team.
    2- Our O-line will make or break Ponder (give him time to make the play)
    3- Our OC has to keep mixing it up and use freaking EVERYONE possible on offense.
    4- Our Defense can pressure QB’s and they need to pull out all of the stops now!
    5- Ponder needs to be given the freedom to play- not tethered to processes…
    6- Walsh is “The Man!”
    7- Kluwe needs to stay focussed
    8- Frazier needs to attend anger management- he is way too emotional… Lol !
    9- We need a “Heeeellllloooo!” play from Simpson soon.
    10- Wright should get an Apology hallmark card from the coaching staff for waiting so long to play him.

Did I forget anything?

9. By iaVIKE on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

11- Kalil is a beast

10. By iaVIKE on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

I don’t agree with you whatsoever about Cook though Troutdaddy. He was playing some good football before the injury, not only was he shutting down other teams #1′s he had stepped his run defense up as well. With exception to the play he gave up against Jacksonville to Cecil Shorts, he was becoming that shut-down corner, Ex: The first time we played Detroit how many yards did C Johnson have? then the second time when Cook was out?

11. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Harrison power rankings. Vikings drop to #14

@Harrison_NFL really, honestly, sincerely, do you think vikings have any playoff options, please, be honest

15 Nov 12 Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite
    Let me deliberate on it for a moment. No.

12. By OTKalil2012 on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

12 ~ Harrison Smith…Welcome to Minnesota !!!…Why don’t you hang up your hat and coat, and stay awhile…

13. By Spencer on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

1. Chad Greenway
    2. Chris Cook
    3. Antoine Winfield
    4. Erin Henderson
    5. Brian Robison
    6. Kevin Williams
    7. Jamarca Sanford
    8. Everson Griffen
    9. Harrison Smith
    10. AJ Jefferson
    11. Josh Robinson
    12. Letroy Guion

14. By Spencer on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Oops, forgot all about Jasper Brinkley; he would be ranked about 8th-ish.

15. By Forman's sideburns on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Wow, Spencer remembers Jasper but forgets Jared Allen?

16. By Muskyfever on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

1. Chad Greenway
    2. Chris Cook
    3. Antoine Winfield
    4. Erin Henderson
    5. Brian Robison
    6. Kevin Williams
    7. Jamarca Sanford
    8. Everson Griffen
    9. Harrison Smith
    10. AJ Jefferson
    11. Josh Robinson
    12. Letroy Guion

This is how I think it should look

1. Chad Greenway
    2. Antoine Winfield
    3. Jared Allen
    4. Chris Cook
    5. Brian Robison
    6. Kevin Williams
    7. Harrison Smith
    8. Jamarca Sanford
    9. Mistral Raymond
    10. Everson Griffen
    11. Josh Robinson
    12. A.J, Jefferson
    13. Jasper Brinkley

17. By Spencer on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

How has Jared Allen played better than Cook? Allen only produces in the first 3 quarters, that is it. It sure would be nice if he could get some sacks in the 4h quarter, but he just doesn’t do that.

18. By H.M.G. on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Defense goes
    1. Winfield
    2. Greenway
    3. Allen
    4. Smith
    5. B-Rob
    6. Williams
    7. Sanford
    8. Robinson
    9. Griffen
    10. Cook – Would be Top 3 if injuries would not be hampering him.

19. By Troutdaddy on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Ok- Maybe I was a bit too quick to Judge Cook. You are right IaVike- I have to credit him his last 2 games especially, but I guess I am just disappointed that his capabilities were not magnified when he had the chance and now he is an afterthought. I guess it also urks me to hear fans put him on a pedestal and yet he hasn’t been phemoninal. As far as the first Detroit game, Stafford still threw for over 300 yards and spread it out between Bell, Pettegrew, Johnson and Burleson- 26 total catches. The fact they could not convert those to TD’s was not due to Cook. It was because Johnson was coming off of an injury- he still caught 5 and averaged over 10+ yards per catch with ease. he just couldn’t get deep. I guess I just expected more from Cook with all of the attention he had this year and I am just not that impressed….Would he have made a difference if he were healthy? We will never know…. I do hope he heals fast and that we get to see him soon and when he is phenominal then I will be the first to say I am sure glad my perceptions were wrong! I want to be a fan of his- really, but I need to see it in his play and passion. Nowhere near what I expected from him…

20. By Muskyfever on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Jared Allen is an overall more consistent producer than Cook is. Cook is a good player, but not close to the production that Allen has, I rarely ever even hear cooks name called, which is both good and bad. But Allen I see a lot. Doesn’t comit penalties, even if he doesn’t get the sack, he gets pressure and causes QB to throw early causing the incompletion.

Jared Allen, is and always will be a better player than Cook as long as he is on the field. I do really like Cook though, I just think he is one or two more years away from being your Antonio Cromartie or Darrell Revis Type…

21. By Muskyfever on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

I agree 1,000% with Troutdaddy

22. By Forman's sideburns on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Spencer lets look at the numbers through 10 weeks.

tackles solo asst sacks forced fumbles fumble rec

Chris Cook 31 23 8 1 0 0

Jared Allen 29 21 8 7 1 0

Brian Robison 28 20 8 5.5 1 1

You rank Robison at #5 and Cook at #2 And Jared Allen isn’t even worth mentioning???? I don’t understand your logic.

23. By Spencer on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

1st Lions game with Cook

Calvin Johnson: 5rec 54yds
    (12 targets, 5 catches)

2nd Lions Game without Cook

Calvin Johnson: 12 catches 207yds 1TD.
    (13 targets, 12 catches)

24. By Spencer on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Honestly, Jared Allen is ranked 3rd.

25. By Forman's sideburns on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

I agree Chris Cook is good and he is sorely missed in the Vikes secondary, but to not rank Jared in your top ten!!! You threw me for a loop.

26. By twolf5 on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

I dont know why you guys arent giving Cook much credit before he went down Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, michael crabtree, Vincent Jackson all got shut down till cook went down

27. By Troutdaddy on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Spencer- as far as jared Allen goes, I am in agreement with you in the fact that I expected so much more from him. I actually had him on my fantasy team up until 2 weeks ago and I dropped him because he is not producing stats. Less tackles, less sacks and the fact that he has lost some speed in getting to the edges.His Q4 BUT I will say that he is still getting to the QB with a lot of pressure and helping his teammates get the sacks. he has at least been a great force at pushing the QB’s to the left and letting others get the stats. It is kind of a weird season when it comes to predict players abilities. I know I have been wrong a lot but have been equally happy with the surprises of our rookies filling the gaps and make contributions quickly…

28. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Chris Cook doesnt have an INT in the 4th quarter, he’s garbage.

See Spencer I can do it too.

29. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Do you only focus on Allen’s stats against the pass??? Thats right he doesnt show up in run defense either. 22 sacks is a fluke anyone can do that right Spencer.

Just line cook up at DE when he gets back he cant be any worse than Jared. After all he is the best player on our defense is he not?

30. By Spencer on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

I never said JA was garbage, I just expect more from him. Its just frustrating to see teams march down the field and get game winning/tying scores and Jared Allen just be completely disappearing on those drives.

31. By Muskyfever on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Here is my issue with Cook. He is phenominal in coverage, your right.. he shuts down most of the WR’s he faces when he plays man to man. Zone is kind of a different story, still good but not at his best. And my only real complaint with Cook, is he is not the best tackler on the team. I have seen a few times this year where he biffed on some RB’s. That is my only real complaint… and now we are missing him again, right when he started to get his game back to where we needed it to be. He still is not the same, or in the same place as he was last year before his krefuffle with his GF

32. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Sorry Spencer I didnt realize it was 11 on 1. So we blame all our offensive woes on Ponder and on defense its all Jared Allen’s fault. That sounds justified to me.

33. By H.M.G. on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Cook was shutting people down but the injury is what cost him in ranking.
    Maybe next year we will see him play a full regular season 16 games.

34. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

If we are going to judge Jared on how many sacks he gets then lets judge our DBs on how many INTs they have. Makes sense right. There is more to being a defensive back than just getting interceptions just like the D End position is about more than just getting sacks.

35. By H.M.G. on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Shut down Calvin and Larry.
    Two of the best.
    To bad he aint around now.
    Maybe he will be ready for playoffs but who knows.
    If he is healthy then will he be in shape and ready to go after the long lay off?

36. By H.M.G. on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

A true shut down CB does not get many INT. He seals his half of the field off. That is what makes a shut down CB. The fact that he takes away a QB’s best option and forces him to go else where.

37. By H.M.G. on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Cook can be special if he ever stays on the field long enough.

38. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Cook was not shutting people down. J-Rob’s press coverage and with Cook’s man-to-man coverage and above average size at the corner position, combined with always having a safety over the top on the No. 1 receiver’s side of the field is what shut people down. It was not all Cook it was a collective team effort. Not to mention Jared Allen and company putting pressure on the QB at times not allowing time for the receiver to get open.

39. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Thats right I cant say B u m p and run coverage on this site. F-ckin awesome.

40. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

TEAM PEOPLE! THE TEAM WINS AND THE TEAM LOSES!!

PAY PERCY

41. By Muskyfever on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

LOL….!!!

I love the Random, PAY PERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. By Spencer on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

I’m not giving up on Ponder….but with all these other young QBs playing well, this Kaepernick coming in and playing that well is just another punch to the gut as we watch Ponder be serviceable at his best and bad to historic proportions at his worst.

43. By Forman's sideburns on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

With what I saw of the Bears O line last night I would expect Jared and Brian to have a huge game. Sorry they’re pickin on you Spencer, I expected Jared to have more of an impact this year based on last years numbers, but what he accomplished last year really put him in the spotlight and made teams more aware of him. I think what has happened this year is teams have been putting an emphasis on trying to take him out of the equation which in turn should open up plays for the other players to make. Taking on double and triple teams most of the game would wear anyone out. What I would love to see when this is happening is Kevin Williams, Letroy Guion , or whoever else they put in the middle to step up and force them to think twice before committing so much attention to Jared.

44. By Muskyfever on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Totally agree Spnercer. If I was Harbaugh I would almost start kaepernick… That dude LIT UP the bears last night. I think he played great! I really like how he can throw and run… Kinda like another rookie that is showing up Ponder… RGIII.

I hope Ponder show us all that he is the ONE for this team. Beat CHI and GB at solider field and Lambeau and I will believe!!!!!!!!!!

45. By iaVIKE on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

If anything I would say B-Rob, K Will, and Guion are the ones who need to step it up….Allen is seeing a lot of double teams, meaning that one of those three should be gettin to the QB every time.

46. By DelawareDan on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

I think the Vikes getting into the playoffs is a long shot at best, given the schedule we have to play.

There might be an open door with Chicago and with Cutler out. But the Vikes have a horrible history at Soldier field.

Vikes will be 8-8.

I hope I’m wrong.

47. By H.M.G. on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Here is a take away from the Viking loses.
    When Rudolph is not involved the team’s passing attack struggles.
    Get Rudolph more involved.

48. By H.M.G. on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

He is a match up nightmare use him more.
    LBs can’t cover him and DBs are too small to tackle him.
    Rudolph needs at least 5 catches a game to soften up the middle and help allow Harvin to dice defenses up.

49. By H.M.G. on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!
    Pay Percy!

50. By BlueBird7 on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

H.M.G

Seen the movie, huh. I like that. I can hear the fans chantting.

Go Rudy Go Rudy Go Percy,Go Percy, Go Harvin,Go Harvin!

51. By OTKalil2012 on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Titus asked yesterday…”What is reality” ?…

Here are just a few “real” and positive facts this season for Vikings fans to reflect on…

There are games during the season, that could easily go one way or another…Just from having one big play, making the difference in that game…

Then, there are the games…Teams “dominate” their opponent…Leaving no doubts they out played there opposition…Here are a few of those games…

49ers, spanked the Bears last night…

49ers, spanked the Packers earlier this season…

Vikings, spanked the 49ers earlier this season…

___________________

Lions barely lost to the Bears earlier this season…

Packers won their game with the refs help this last Sunday against the Lions…Again, barely winning the game…

Vikings played the Lions very well…And won both games…They didn’t spank the Lions…But played some comfort levels during the game and maintaining leads through out…

___________________

Reality is…

This division is one of the best in football…And this Vikings team can contend with any team in it !!!…

GO VIKINGS !!!!

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

52. By habs001 on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

For the Vikings to be a playoff team they have to show that they can win more than 1 to 2 games on the road…coming off a bye week and playing a team that played on monday night on the west coast if they cannot win this game than even the most die hard Viking fan has to realize that this teams still has a way to go to be considered a playoff contender…

53. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

the Vikings are not even brought up for the 2nd wildcard spot, the race is between Seattle, Tampa Bay, the saints and even Dallas they say

54. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

PAY PERCY

55. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Hey ponder hater who is your favorite player for the Vikings?

56. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

AD -Percy comes in 2nd

57. By peterson, aka fumblitis on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Thats too bad

58. By harvin, aka migraine on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

see a pattern here?

59. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

purp, why did you change your name?

60. By vikings, aka choke artists on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Is it still funny?

61. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Because I want to be just like you when I grow up!

62. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

all i can say is the next six games will determine ponders fate

63. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

nothing funny about how Ponder choked away Washington, Seattle and Tampa and the Colts

64. By Vikings1 on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

@H.M.G.

I would love to see the Vikings us Rudolph like the Patriots us Gronkowski, I believe Kyle is as quick and athletic as Gronkowski. Good things happen when Kyle Rudolph get a lot of catches. If Cutler doesn’t play I like our chances of winning, also I think Brian Robertson is playing ok but Williams and Gion need to step up as well as all of our receivers.

65. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

we were favored to win all 4 games

66. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Right because ponder gave up the long TD run to a rookie quarterback? He also allowed Luck to drive down the field for the game winning FG? He was the reason Doug Martin just destroyed us?

67. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

We were NOT favored to win against the 49ers. Certainly Ponder is responsible for that win if he was responsible for those losses no?

68. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

the Defense was tired because Ponder was doing his 3 and out’s

69. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

1 upset and we were upset 4 times, not good numbers

70. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Maybe the offense was out of sync because the defense couldn’t get off the field? Maybe the defense needs to force more 3 and outs?

71. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

I believe we were supposed to lose both games against Detroit as well.

72. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

We were supposed to be in the hunt for the number 1 overall pick was that not what everyone was saying?

73. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

how can they when they are still trying to catch their breath

74. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

we are not even mentioned for the 2nd wildcard, just as bad

75. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

a big reason for that is Ponder’s up and mostly down play. he can’t play on the road also

76. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

AD is mostly responsiblefor our wins

77. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Our pass rush is nonexistent on the road. And I mean nonexistent. Why dont we ever talk about that?

78. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Whose blocking for AD? Have you seen holes open on the line as big as they have this season for AD the past couple of seasons. No we have not. Lets credit the OLine on their run blocking.

79. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

with a average runningback, Ponder would be 1-9

80. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Does Ponder have all the time in the world to go through his reads? No he doesnt. Lets talk about how the Pass Protection must improve instead of blaming everything on Ponder then discrediting him when something actually goes right.

81. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

the defense can’t afford a bad day because Ponder just can’t put up the numbers

82. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

With an average Run Blocking OLine AD would barely get 1000 yds rushing just like he has the past 3 seasons.

83. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

why do you think New England put up 59 points? because they have a qb

84. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

yep, and Ponder would be 1-9

85. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Right so shouldnt we be focused on the D stepping up more than our O? We have 4 great veteran players on D shouldnt we be playing better? We’ve seen the Steelers and Ravens Defense carry their offense so we know it CAN be done.

86. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Why havent they won the past two SB’s they were in? Because when it came down to it the Defense could NOT get the job done.

87. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

well, now that Cook is out, it sure would of helped winning the games we were suppose to

88. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Steelers and Ravens have better coaching

89. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

and they both have good qb’s

90. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Why did new England put up 59 points? They have an OLine that actually gives their QB time to go through his options. Not to mention they have an OC who actually has a history of being the one behind the highest scoring offense of ALL TIME.

91. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

look how the steelers struggle with Ben!

92. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

without

93. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

they will not make the playoffs without ben

94. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

the main point is, New England has a top 5 qb

95. By GrandDaddyPurp on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

What about when they had Trent Dilfer? Kordell Stewart? Tommy Maddox? They were still playoff teams and their D carried them.

96. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Brady has had playoff seasons with a poor offensive line

97. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

umm, the Ravens only gave up 5 points per game, a 3rd string qb could of won the superbowl

98. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

bottom line, the Vikings should of lost to Washington last year, we would of had Luck

99. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Frazier let Webb play that game, because he was still trying to win games

100. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

there will never be a defense that takes the field like the Ravens had. the rules are different and favor the offense too much now

101. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

LOOK AT CHICAGO, WITHOUT CUTLER’S BIG ARM, CHICAGO IS NOTHING, THEY HAVE NO OFFENSIVE LINE, JUST A TOP 10 QB, GAME, SET AND MATCH PULP!!!!!!!!

102. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Fifty ways to leave your lover…

103. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

The other day it was a sneak PEAK (mountain top or an experience of similar magnitude) and now it is another 10 ways to digest a quarter pounder with cheese. Or should I say, quarter ponder?

104. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

By the way, in all seriousness, Wobbles– now that you know that peak and peek are different, I can explain another professional writing rule– never, ever start a sentence with a number unless it is spelled out!

Ten takes through 10 games

That is how you write your title.

105. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Seven methods for slicing a turkey while watching the Detroit Thanksgiving Game.

106. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Sixteen viewpoints on why Allen is not on pace to break his sack record.

107. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Twenty-two ideas for stuffing your turkey without getting fat.

108. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Thirty six driving techniques for holiday travel through wintry conditions.

109. By Parkway on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

The only reason the Pats lost the superbowl last year was because gronk wasn’t healthy.

110. By Parkway on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

And good thing we lost those games to the bucs and seahawks since they now own the tiebreakers against us with the same record.

111. By True Vikes Fan on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

112. By True Vikes Fan on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Ponder is by far the best

113. By vikes- or - die on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Believe it or not, but I think we are the best team in our division. I also think we will beat the Bears this Sunday, Beat the Packers next Sunday and then be home the following Sunday only to beat up the Bears again. This is no B.S. I honestly believe this will happen. GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

114. By T.Harris on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

VIKES ON 3,123 VIKES.

115. By Parkway on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Ponder is better than Montana and Brady combined

116. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Twelve attitude adjustments to believe Vikes will sweep Bears and Packers.

117. By Parkway on Nov 20, 2012 | Reply

Well we have the best QB of all time obviously we will win.

118. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

I predict a loss at the Bears, but a win at the Texans.

119. By BlueBird7 on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Titus

I think you fogot 23 ways on how to stuff yourself without getting fat like iaVIKE

120. By BlueBird7 on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

True Vikes Fan—-’Ponder is by far the best’

At what pray tell. “Running like a Rabbit with hounds on his heels?” Sign me “Just Curious”

121. By OTKalil2012 on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

I predict a win against the Bears…

I think there is a good chance we can sweep the Bears…

But with the Packers still owning (financially) the union refs…

I believe the Vikings lose at Lambeau field in between…

122. By BlueBird7 on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

If the Bears win both of the games, will you stay off the Vikings blog?

A while back Titus said he would stay off for 3 months. He told a fib.

That is OK, as both of you are interesting to read. Thanks.

123. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Bluebird, I stayed off almost all of last week and the blog nearly dried up to the Mojave desert. Without Titus, the blog is not the same.

124. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

They should pay me.

125. By TT33 on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

ponder aka 3 and out – youre a moron man, straight up dumb@ss

126. By ponder, aka 3 and out on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

eat me TT33

127. By tomcat on Nov 21, 2012 | Reply

Vikings 23- Bears 20. Skol!

128. By Kevin on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply