ESPN’s Jaworski Praises Harrison Smith, Vikings “Harmony” On Defense

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 12, 2012 – 11:20 am

The Vikings defense is off to a great start in 2012. Vast improvements have been made in pass defense. Opposing quarterbacks are completing 61.8% of their passes (down 6.4% from last year)for an average of 6.08 yards per attempt (down 2.03 yards) and their rating is just 84.6 (down 23.0 points).

On top of that, the Vikings stout run defense has returned. The Vikings are #2 in yards per carry allowed (3.2) and #6 in yards per game allowed (78.6), and the Vikings have a League-best long run allowed of just 15 yards. In the last three games, the Vikings have allowed fewer than 300 yards of total offense and just 11.0 points per game.

The big-time improvement by the Vikings defense has been appreciated locally by fans, and now it’s gaining national attention as well. Or at least the attention of one well-respected ESPN NFL analyst.

In his appearance on ESPN Radio’s Mike and Mike in the Morning, which was broadcasting live from Notre Dame’s campus on Friday morning, Ron Jaworski praised the Vikings defense by explaining that several veterans were playing well and are being complimented by one rookie who has been impressive through his first five games.

“Defensively, when I watched them this week, they just jumped out at me,” Jaworski said. “Obviously they have Jared Allen, Kevin Williams playing great inside. I mean Chad Greenway is flying around making plays all over the field. Antoine Winfield is a wily, old veteran that is healthy this year.

“But that guy that flashed to me, and I know you’re at Notre Dame this morning, but Harrison Smith has been making plays all over the field. A tremendous leader, plays with great discipline.”

Jaworski didn’t stop after praising individuals from the Vikings defense. He also praised the group’s synergy, which is an indirect compliment to those responsible for the construction of the Vikings defense – GM Rick Spielman, Head Coach Leslie Frazier and Defensive Coordinator Alan Williams.

“And when I look at defense, I always use this word: harmony. When you have eleven guys working together, making great music, you have harmony. And that’s what I see out of this Minnesota Vikings defense right now.”

Hopefully the Vikings defense makes sweet music in Washington D.C., this weekend, too.

Tags: , , , , , , ,
Posted in All | 96 Comments »

96 Responses to “ESPN’s Jaworski Praises Harrison Smith, Vikings “Harmony” On Defense”

1. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

I knew it from preseason and before– somewhere into the season the Vikings would catch the national eyes. Ha ha ha. Some of us knew this all along. Nice to see some people waking up; albeit a tad late, but awake nonetheless.

2. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Brian Billick a few days ago ranked us as number 9 (as a whole team) out of all the teams– Packers he ranked at 12.

3. By vikingfanforlife on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Neechi says out of Chaos comes order.

4. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Neechi? Do you mean Nietzsche?

5. By Vikings1 on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Well said Titus, I just watched Jared Allen this morning on NFL AM and I totally agree with him when asked about the Vikings not getting much recognition. I like the position we are in because other teams seem to take you lightly when you don’t get a lot of recognition, that way we can sneak up on teams before they realize how good we are and get another win, go Vikings!

6. By tomcat on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Ihaven`t seen a Vikings defense play this well since the Doleman/ Millard/ Randle days. Remember the year of 72 sacks? The best thing about it is with a couple of exceptions they are all youngsters who will only get better. This being said, R.G.111 can make any defense look bad. Should be an interesting game. Vikings 31- Skins 20. skol Vikings!!

7. By vikingstruefan4life on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

If harrison smith keeps playing the way he is I think he will be defensive rookie of the year… far as tackles. There gonna come regardless.. but when interceptions comes and forced fumbles he will get it automatically.. I think vs titans was strtn to be his best game.. he started off with 2big hits and a fumble recovery in the start of the 2nd quater

8. By Frederick Jones on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

In the last blog, several people were predicting the Vikings to get only 10 or 11 interceptions this year. That is not very many! Jones feels that the Vikings may garner as many as 25 ints this year.

A lot depends on the pass rush, but so far it appears the DL is up to it!

9. By Troutdaddy on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

I so agree with how he defined the “Harmony” that is happening with this defense and this team as a whole. I have a feeling that they are going to open up an entire symphony this week- 4-part harmony: Offense, Defense, Special teams and Coaching…. GET R DONE!

10. By Frederick Jones on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Josh Robinson 6 ints
    Harrison Smith 5 ints
    Antoine Winfield 4 ints
    Chris Cook 3 ints
    ———————————-
    That is 18 ints right there, without
    including the interceptions the LBs and
    backup DBs will get.

11. By Spencer on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

I highly doubt we get 18ints this year, 8 sounds much more reasonable.

12. By Frederick Jones on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

@Troutdaddy,

While I wholeheartedly agree with you, winning is a great deodorant.

The big questions will come with injuries, and adversities. Will the Vikings hang together then. Will they hang together after 2-3 tough losses? Will they start pointing fingers, or will they each accept some of the blame?

Teamwork is sometimes DOING MORE THAN YOUR SHARE. Ask jones, he knows!

13. By Frederick Jones on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer,

We only only had 8 ints last year, one of the worst totals in NFL history!

Statistics change in the NFL, but 15-20 would be about average for a team, jones thinks.

25-30 is outstanding in the NFL, jones suggests. Hopefully our defense will become outstanding by season’s end.

But even the Spenceman must agree that we could get 15!!!

14. By vikingbob136 on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

I am not too concerned with INT’s. As long as you stop other team’s offense and play consistent solid defense, you will win games.
    As far as our ranking, i would rather fly under the radar and kick some butt in the playoffs.
    From worst to first in one year in the NFC North!! Go Vikes

15. By mrvikes on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

I been saying this the entire season and preseason, vikings are going to surprise everyone this year!!! I’m stoked that they are proving it!!! I been saying it every year since I was like 7 years old!! Go Vikings!! Not to sound crazy but I wouldn’t be surprise if we lose zero or one more game this year… SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME!!! Say what you want about that comment, I’ll just watch and be cheering when we get it :D

16. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Still early in the season everyone. Calm down. Lots of teams start off 4-1 and then have trouble– we need to keep a balanced approach as fans, lest everyone start screaming and booing if the team hits some turbulence. I am a firm believer we win at least 10 games– said that all along during preseason and before. But I don’t want to see all the hype right now become angry and turn against the team if they lose two or three in a row– adversity may come, but it does not mean we are done.

17. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

You can be assured no team is looking past the Vikings right now.

18. By GrandDaddyPurp on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Uhh Pay Percy?

19. By GrandDaddyPurp on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Yeah definitely Pay Percy!

20. By RichardA1 on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Doing more than your share some time for team work? ask Harvin, Peterson, Allen, some players slack up hide in the shadows of the great ones, they know who they are. Smith is super, we need the other 10 starting to play super! Waving a Jared Allen Rope/Whip Towel here! Skol!!!

21. By vikingbob136 on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

@ Titus
    You are correct. I remember one year the Vikes started 6 and 0 and lost the next 6 games. I think they even failed to make the playoffs.Lets slow it down and go one week at a time.

22. By BlueBird7 on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Everson Griffen lost his Mother Wed.. Sad, I know just how terrible that feels.
    He will, however travel to Washington for the Redskins game.

He is, BTW, tied with Jared Allen with 3 sacks this season. Good Luck Griffen.

23. By mrvikes on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Forget that, fans get all hyped up!! Cheer for your vikings!! We are already doing better then everyone expected, (mostly everyone) even if we did lose the rest of the games of the season, if your a true vikings fan.. You WILL be cheering and hoping the very best for our team throughout every game, I just hope we actually got some true fans on this site, I’m with the vikings thru the good and the bad, but I’m still calling it, We will lose at most 1 more game this season hopefully 0… GO VIKINGS!!!! Get us our ring we be longing for!

24. By JE on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Teamwork.. Nothing better than seeing a young team playing so well together right out of the gate. We have another test this week on the road against a team that really needs a win. Can you believe we have gone from 30th to 8th in the power rankings in 5 weeks. Man did the “experts” miss judge this team!!!

25. By mrvikes on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

I was reading up on the redskins team’s site, MOST comments I read are about how they should run on the vikings, I’m hoping the coaches feel the same, I’m very confident in our run defense. They think they can contain harvin, peterson, and big ole toby on the run, I highly doubt they can, I’m predicting a W for this game, 21-0 (if RG3 don’t play) and 21-10 (if RG3 does play) I doubt the rookie running back for the skins is going to have a highlight performance this game

26. By Troutdaddy on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

@Freddy Jones… I agree as well. I think that this years Viking team has something that last years team was missing- a true comraderie with one another and that they really care about one anothers successes. It is not about a specific player- it is about all of them and they get that. I didn’t see that last year- especially on the sidelines. Even the coaches have mentioned the chemistry and the peer-to-peer effect they have on one another. Even though the team does have some ego-players, they are keeping it real and not being greedy. I see Harvin and Peterson as humble work-horses who have set the tone and are shadowing that to the rest. This is a good leadership perspective. I like it. I don’t see that changing despite any losses that could happen. Let’s just hope that the attitude and gelling continues and that we see a huge Viking rampage this week!

27. By RichardA1 on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Sitting here waving a Lasso Towel waiting for the Vikings to go Berzerk on the Skins, starting to get pumped! hyped! ready to Vikingize, give me my turkey leg and a horn of beer to much on during the commercials!!!

28. By meswant on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

First off – thoughts & prayers to Griffen & his family.

Second – pay Harvin!!!!

Third – I have been a Vikings fan for only a few years now & will admit that I had my doubts about this season but so far I am impressed with the team. They are playing as a unit – if one misses a tackle they seem to at least direct that miss towards another Viking who makes the tackle. Yes it is early in the season & many things will change going forward but I do see great things for this team

29. By DeerTracks on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

I have been kind of sitting back a bit watching the posting, and one thing that gets my dander up is Richard and his *&%#! towel.

Never heard such BS on a Sports Link! Can it with the Stupid Lasso bit also.

30. By tdurfeightyeight on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

No more flying in stealth mode for the Purple Gang…even the mighty NFL Network Channel is interviewing Viking players…hmmmm I guess they’ll just have to rely on their abilities to play the game to beat the ‘Skins… trivia question for you talking heads…what team woke up the niners?

The safeties, and especially Smith,have had a big impact on how this defense plays,if he had not been ejected i believe the Vikes would have had a shut out against the Titans.

31. By RichardA1 on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Does that mean your done being a Viking fan? going back to tracking deer? really? you don’t like my postings? well for gods sake don’t make yourself read them! You must really hate all the sports teams that use towels also, gee! No canning, I have had 4 yeahs to your 1 nah, if the Vikes continue there success this could very well become a reality! it worked for the Twins!

32. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

mrvikes– you misunderstand mine and other’s point. No one is saying not to be hyped up. I am not surprised cause I predicted 10 wins and the division before the season even started. BUT, my point is– do not lose that hype when we lose a game here and there– or a couple in a row. Vikings fans are way too fickle– up and down like a yo-yo.

33. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

deertracks– you are inspirational.

34. By Spencer on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Josh Robinson will lead the team in picks, with 2.

35. By liito on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Besides Harvin and ? Simpson, is the wide receiving corp the weakest link, missing link, need-time-to-mature link of the Minnesota Vikings team to be successful this year? Do fans have to wait for the draft for another Randy Moss -type of player? In your OTAs or practice, who stands out? I don’t mind if you want to surprise the fans, but if the team need help with the long ball, get help . . . ppppllleeeaaaaseeee. Go Vikes!

36. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Bring in Bernard Berrian–

37. By purple08 on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

25 picks…you are dreaming Jones

38. By T.HARRIS on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Vikes on 3,1 2 3…VIKES

39. By CD in Calgary on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

I don’t like the comments I’ve seen from more than one user (or maybe one with multiple screen names) about the Vikes only losing 0 – 1 more games this year. We’re 1-0 against the Norris so far this season, but I’m pretty sure they went 0-6 last season. Still have: x2 CHI, x2 GB and a game @ Houston too. SO, if I’m being slightly optimistic, I’d suppose the Vikings will sweep the Lions and split the series with both the Pack and the Bears. 7 wins the rest of the way means a 12-4 finish. Both respectable – and unbelievable, prior to this hot start.

@Titus fcva: I’m pretty sure Frazier had tried more than enough times to get BB the ball. It was Bernard who never showed up. 7 receptions for 91 yards in 2011,even during the Favre magic run in 2010 he only managed 28 catches for 252 yards – and 0 TDs. The signing was a bust, so I hope they don’t go down that road a second time. Jarius Wright and Greg Childs could both be DYNAMITE, just not for a while yet.

The run defense is definitely back, but I still want Jared Allen to start getting back to 1-2 sacks per game. I also like the addition of Harrison Smith to the secondary – but Sanford also looks much improved from last year. Rudolph looks poised to have a breakout year and I hope a healthy Jerome Simpson can help stretch the defense regularly. It feels almost as good to see the Packers and Lions struggling as it does to see the Vikings winning.

40. By Parkway on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

It’s the TO show!!!

41. By mjbvikeme on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

When are we going to see Jarius Wright? I think he can bring some more explosive plays opposite Harvin. Its odd to not paly a rookie receivers drafted that high with a receiving core that has a few holes. Do the Vikings fear he doesnt have the strength yet? Maybe play him the last half of the season for the little guy? I think Frazier and Musgrave have an ace up their sleeve.

42. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Calgary– I completely agree– said mostly the same above (except for the fun post about Berrian). I think we may even sweep the Pack, but the Bears will be tough at Soldier Field.

43. By Parkway on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

49ers beat packers, packers beat bears, vikings beat 49ers. Transitive property so obviously we will beat the packers and the bears

44. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

HA HA HA HA– Parkway. Does not work that way, though.

45. By robb on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

I wonder if Vikings fans realize the Minnesota Vikings have ,since the league merger in ’69,been to the playoffs 24 times,third most by any team ever.That sounds encouraging.A historic year for the Purple,this is going to be.I bet the Vikings don’t lose another game.I just feel it.VVikings by 10 Sunday.

46. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

I believe I can fly…

47. By Ozzinator on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

@DeerScat, get off RichardA1′s arse. He’s alright in my book!

48. By JE on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Donna wont you blow, Donna wont you blow, Donna wont you blow my horn!!!BROOOOO!!!! Skol Vikings!!!

49. By DeerTracks on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Oz, from the land of OZ,

I have a contest for you and your Awhole buddy RichardA69.

See which one of you can dye the most dried Horse -Turds Purple.

Then pass them out to the fans watching the game.

Much betterr the those stinky towels which I don’t need to prove I’m a Viking fan.

50. By DeerTracks on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

better then

51. By JE on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Easy boys. We are all friends here. Just relax and take a deep breath. Why dont we all sing a song. A 1 and a2 and a3…. Donna wont you blow, Donna wont you blow, Donna wont you blow my horn!! BRROOOOO!!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!

52. By BlueBird7 on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Griffen has said he will play the Redskins Sunday, and play for his Mom.
    That will be great, Everson! And lay one on RGIII.

53. By 4eversteve on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

The Vikings have to be careful, not to get ahead of themselves and treat every game like it’s a playoff game from here on out. Teams that start looking at those power rankings and buying into the hype can find themselves digging a hole real quick. The coaching staff says that they are preaching stay in the moment and focus at all times, taking one game at a time will keep the team as a whole grounded. The players need to be pushed as individuals and asked what can they do to step up their play to insure the teams overall success. Whether that means, extra time in the film study room, weight room, or both after practice. Maybe staying after practice on the field building more chemistry by taking extra reps with each other. The passing game isn’t anywhere where it needs to be at this point and as the season drags on and teams load up the line scrimmage to stuff the run. The Vikings will have to prove to teams that they need to respect the passing as well or they will get burned.

54. By BlueBird7 on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Another game with Greenbay at the Houston…Not a fan of either, but hope Houston drops a ton of bricks on GreenBay.

55. By BlueBird7 on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

We have a mission, Houston.

56. By JE on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

They will be jumping off of buildings in Green Bay if they go 2 and 4. I hope Houston throttles em.

57. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

JE– I don’t think so- there are no buildings tall enough to take away the pain. Maybe they might find a silo or two.

58. By Alfred Anderson #46 on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

One game at a time everybody,gotta take it one game at a time.But I’d be lying if I didn’t say I’m amazed and stoked at the way this season’s started.SKOL!!!!!!!

59. By RichardA1 on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Hey Deer, I’m still sitting here waving my Purple Viking Berzerk Towel or what ever you want to call it, Viking Whip Towel, Jared Allen Rope Towel. I have 10,000 orders for these baby’s! a hot commodity, you no what I will be doing when the Vikes Open up the Cans of Purple Whoop Ass and kick the Redskins butts? waving my Towel!!

60. By RichardA1 on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Say what you want DeerTracks, I will have 10,000 orders for these baby’s before we reach the Superbowl! Jared Allen Rope Towel, Berzerk Towel, When the Vikes drink the Purple cans of Whoop Ass tommorow and whoop the Redskins I will be still here waving my Berzerk Towel.

61. By DeerTracks on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Richard baby,

Dream on. If you have so many orders, how come me and all the other posters never heard or seen anything in the papers, TV. ect. Your “dream” is turning into a nightmare, huh.

Please post the name of the company that will sell them.

I would buy one to use for wiping my butt.

62. By DeerTracks on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Actually, I would use it to wipe the mud off my FourWheeler Pickup.

63. By jester skinster on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Skins D is comin on….you watch, Minnesota will be the start of an improving D, we saw it thru 3 quarters in Atlanta. then Jones & Gonzalez made some simply mismatch catches. our Run D is lookin good. Jenkins, Cofield & Bowen startin to wreak havoc….one win vs Minnesota & season turns around….big time…..RGIII, your a beast & 1 man wrecking crew….so happy to have you. A Morris, aka steal of the draft, gonna bust one on Vikes….game on boyees….it’s our time….get it Skins!

64. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

I am concerned about this game– it won’t be easy, but after reading this jester, I am a little less worried. It will be a close one, though. Vikes by 13.

65. By RichardA1 on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Soon as the Vikes are on the way to the Superbowl, there will be a Vike Towel!

66. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

I will order two dozen Vikings towels.

67. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Wow, Deertracks is funny.

68. By Spencer on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Okay im lost, can someone tell me about these viking towels?

69. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

We’re shipping the towels to deertracks because ordinary tp won’t do.

70. By Spencer on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Is Richard selling towels? Where can I buy them?

71. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Wal-Mart.

72. By DeerTracks on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

NEWS FLASH!

RicardA1 Will be importing those mis-matched towels from those great industrial gaints from China!

Not to be disapointed now folks, even if the Viking Logo is upside down..or they all have whoopie-cushions in case you want a soft spot to park your butt.
    After your arm gets tired from waving that dadburn thing.

73. By RichardA1 on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

SHHHHHH…..the Redskins have occurred the Purple Wrath for hurting Peterson, A Defensive terror for the Redskins!

74. By RandellCunninghamFan on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Does anyone have info on Simpson? Did he practice friday? Is he in line to play?

75. By sandiamond on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

UsaToday
    Line: Redskins by 2 1/2

Game Plan: All indications QB RG3 is recovering from his Week 5 concussion and will start. The problem, however,is that Washington’s offense lacks a dynamic factor when Griffen isn’t using his legs. The Redskins have a least 175 rushing yards in 7 consecutive games, but the Vikings bring the league’s No. 6-ranked run defense to TOWN

Need to Know: The Redskins have lost eight consective games at FedExField

76. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Oh boy. I am very concerned about this game.

77. By sandiamond on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

cant miss game titus, its going to be crazy

78. By sandiamond on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

#7 South Carolina! s spencemen

79. By vegasvike on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

What Viking vowels? Titus, did you start this?

80. By troy on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Has AJ Jefferson been playing at all? whats the scoop on him? havent got to watch much of the games this year!

81. By OTKalil2012 on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

RichardA1…Has the idea, vegasvike…

About selling purple towels with a gold lasso printed on the towel…Sold to the public in a purple can with gold colored print saying “whoop a s s” on the can…

Everytime the Vikings get any kind of a “sack” during the game…Viking fans wave the towel over their heads…In honor of J Allens “roping the calf” move…

I think its a pretty darn good idea…imo…

82. By sandiamond on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

#24 and #27 time to step it up. Only one roster spot down the road here….

83. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Vowels, sure. But towels are all Richard’s.

84. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Shanahan looks confident.

85. By sandiamond on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

oh my that Lsu S #1 nfl ready and H. Smith just imagine the purple&gold

86. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

I think Richard is on to something– and at the bottom of the can we could have hot cocoa.

87. By Spencer on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Its a shame, if Percy would have bounced it the outside Kalil would have made that block and he would have went for 6.

88. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Micheal Vick is a dog owner.

89. By sandiamond on Oct 14, 2012 | Reply

Pretender: Minnesota (4-1)

This is not a knock on what the surprising Vikings have accomplished so far. The “pretenders” categorization is a forecast related to the team’s lack of quality depth. Proven reserves are thin along the offensive line and in the back seven on defense, which is one of the problems faced by teams in rebuilding mode like Minnesota. The Vikings are talented enough for a playoff berth if they remain healthy, especially with a favorable schedule ahead. But as history shows us, that usually doesn’t happen.

Bruce Kluckhohn – US Presswire

90. By jester skinster on Oct 14, 2012 | Reply

Skins 24, Vikings 11. Streak ends @ Fed Ex Field. RGIII for rookiie of the year. Look for T Williams to shut down Over the hill Allen. Game time boyees. Our Skins to rock you a**!

91. By sandiamond on Oct 14, 2012 | Reply

redskinz a desperate bunch trying to avoid the cellar in the NFC east. One billy cundiff klonker or the vikings D finishes the skinz skinster?

92. By DeerTracks on Oct 14, 2012 | Reply

OTKalil2012

Yes, those towels are a great idea! To bad the Pittsburgh Steelers had to think of it first!

Did our pal Richard A1 Sauce ever hear of the “Terrible Towels”?

93. By chris_b on Oct 14, 2012 | Reply

whats the deal with simpson wobby is he going to play.

94. By celticvikingwarrior on Oct 14, 2012 | Reply

Deertracks…..Couldn’t agree with you more re: A1, however have come to the conclusion he is “mentally challenged” so I have decided to give him a pass and a prayer, much easier on my psyche….

I know it’s way to early, but for the first quarter (plus one)…..
    Executive of the year…VIKINGS GM Rick Speilman

Coach of the year….VIKINGS Head Coach Leslie Frazier

95. By Purplegoldman on Oct 14, 2012 | Reply

This game is over. The Vikes return to lousy defense and enept offense, Losing to the red skins, Realy. How sad. Back to Reality, Not enough talent on both sides of the ball to compete week in and week out. I am sick of this false hope. 4-2 soon to be 4-5 how sad .

96. By viking181164 on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

@ purplegoldman…haha giving up already huh..nice phony fan you are