Musgrave Discusses Key To Ponder’s Improvement

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 28, 2012 – 5:48 am

Christian Ponder completed 21 of 35 passes for 198 yards with 2 TDs in last week’s victory over the San Francisco 49ers. There have been other games during Ponder’s young career when he has completed more passes (twice) and thrown for more yards (six times) and TDs (once).

But from the sounds of it, there may not have been any other game in which Ponders’ coaches were more pleased with his performance.

Both Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier and Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave intimated on Thursday that Ponder’s performance against the stingy 49ers defense last weekend was the best they’ve seen their young passer. Frazier discussed the topic during Thursday’s taping of Vikings Live From Winter Park, and Musgrave was asked about it while meeting with reporters on Thursday morning.

Musgrave pointed out that Ponder has had gaudier numbers in the past, but that too frequently those impressive statistics were accompanied by mistakes such as fumbles, INTs, penalties and sacks.

“I would say it is, all in all,” Musgrave said when asked if that’s as well as he’s seen Ponder play. “He played well against Green Bay last year, he threw for 381 yards against the Denver defense last year. But there were those mistakes that made it tough for us to get the victory. The quickest way to lose in this League or at any level is to beat yourself. And last year, we did some good things, but we had some untimely mistakes that caused it to be really tough for us to get the outcome that we want. And we want to keep playing at a high level, but number one, we don’t want to beat ourselves.”

The Vikings did not beat themselves last Sunday, which led to them beating the 49ers instead. Ponder threw no INTs and wasn’t sacked, which made the Vikings just the second team in the 49ers last 19 games to hold them without either an INT or a sack. The Vikings also committed just one offensive penalty (for 10 yards).

To beat a tough Lions team on the road this weekend, the Vikings won’t necessarily need gaudy numbers from Ponder. They just need to not beat themselves.

Tags: , ,

187 Responses to “Musgrave Discusses Key To Ponder’s Improvement”

1. By Parkway on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

2. By celticvikingwarrior on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Really going to miss Mistral Raymond this week…would almost rather see Robert Blanton start, despite lack of experience, over Jamarca Sanford who is a colossal detriment in pass coverage.
    At least Blanton has alot of experience in pass coverage, albeit in college.

3. By celticvikingwarrior on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Very disappointed they let go TE Reisner instead of WR Jenkins. He has alot of potential, and really liked what I saw in the pre-season.
    Jenkis can’t get open to save his life.
    Hopefully Jarius Wright finally gets on the field Sunday….

4. By celticvikingwarrior on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

* Jenkins

5. By Ricky on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Dear Coach Frazier,
    I want the Vikings to beat the Detroit Lions down! I want the Vikings to win again. All my folks like the Vikings and so do I. Please kick their butts! My dad liked the Vikings all the time, and so does John. Beat them down!

Ricky

6. By Parkway on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Pretty much agree on Blanton. I mean if we are going to just watch a guy get burned on every play, might as well be the rookie and at least give him a chance.

7. By 32frank12 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Big step forward for the new stadium today!…picked the group that designed Cowboys Stadium and Lucas Oil Field. Does any one know what the new stadium is suppose to look like?

8. By Mike on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Everyone is being results oriented rather than looking at all his throws. Ponder threw like 3ints maybe 4 they just weren’t caught by the defenders. The maybe was the Throw to Kyle Rudolph for 2nd TD was bad decision as Adrian was uncovered and wide open and if 49ers turned around it also could have been an INT.
    Ponder was awesome on 3rd downs keeping drive alive and efficient most of game but who are we kidding he still made lots of mistakes. I suppose one of those the WR fell down so I won’t fault that one but still 2-3 throws that should be INTs could be a lot better. 49ers offense was less of a threat then greenbay. I would take that performance if you look at actual throws over 49ers. Play both 100 times and most of the time, he’s walking away with 2 INTs in both games… Then again, 49er defense is a LOT tougher, so his 3rd down efficiency and 2nd down ability to converts or set up 3rd and medium or short was spectacular. Factor in the strength of defense and I do like his performance last week a little better, but it’s close. I’d have to take another look at Denver game I don’t remember it clearly. The last Quarter of Oakland game last year there were some moments of Brilliance throwing player open in tight coverage and going down field to almost allow us to make a spectacular comeback. The entire game perhaps he wasnt at his best, but the way he hung in there and faught… And recognized the situation and stopped being conservative because we were down 2 scores… And was able to showcase a perfect downfield throw to Shiancoe. That was the moment that Ponder REALLY won me over and was one if his best games for that moment alone, even if ultimately we didn’t come up with the win.
    49er game is arguably his best but I don’t think you can factor in “lack of INTs” into equation because he got lucky not to have like 3 of them. Ponder still has some work to do in seeing all his progressions more quickly and forcing fewer bad decisions. This year has been like night and day in that area, but he still needs improvements.

9. By Parkway on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Mike I was going to post the same thing the other day but didn’t want to be a downer about Ponder basically throwing 3 INTs and getting lucky that they weren’t. Just how it goes I guess, hopefully he’s learning from it and continues to make better and better decisions.

10. By Parkway on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

That one that the niner DB dropped was an easy pick six that the DB just “Asher Allen’ed” if you will…

11. By H.M.G. on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Agree on the Blanton over Sanford at safety. Whats the guy who gets burnt basically ever play gonna do against the likes of Johnson and Young then throw in Burleson and Pettigrew.

12. By Parkway on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Or just any other DB we have period instead of Sanford.

13. By Ootsa Jimmy on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Mike

Go back to bed, you sound like a fucinmoron.

14. By OTKalil2012 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Iffa~coulda~woulda~shoulda….Ints stats ???…

Truth is..For every interception thrown by a QB that reaches the stat books…That same QB has another 3 pass attempts dropped or nearly intercepted by defenders…

Rodgers has 2 picks…Stafford has 4 picks…Cutler has 6 picks…How many more have been dropped between those 3…I have seen plenty this season…

Ponder and the Vikings did a GREAT job taking down the 49ers…

It wasn’t just luck..Because “certain things” didn’t happen ???…

Come’on Fans !!!!…

Enough of the “negative waves” already !!!…

It’s time to tame some Lions this Sunday !!!…

Go Vikings !!!!!…

Vikings 31….Lions 24….

15. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

I keep rereading the last part of this sentence and cannot make sense of it.

16. By OTKalil2012 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Can’t say I like the article above…

Sounds like a team that plans on going into the silver-dome with plans of “being careful” with the football…

Does this article leave you feeling the game plan is going to be conservative of aggressive ???…

If this team is going in worrying about mistakes that “might” happen…Then they will…

___________

“Play to win”…Frazier, and company…

If you “play not to lose”…You will lose…

17. By OTKalil2012 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

*conservative OR aggressive… : )

18. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Results oriented is a poor metric to judge performance? Since when? Mike, Ponder can throw all the phantom interceptions he wants if he maintains the highest passing rating in the league and beating the best team in the NFC (supposedly).

19. By vikingbob136 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Every QB is a work in progress. Even ones who have won Super Bowls(Peyton
    Manning)
    So to say that Ponder is lucky he didn’t have 2 or 3 int’s is silly because any QB can have 2 or 3 int’s in a game.Manning had 3 in the first quarter a few weeks ago.
    Play to win the game. Not tie or be close. Just win baby

20. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

I don’t know why I, or any of us, respond to Mike’s rant– and Mike, please, break up your post with white space/paragraph breaks– no one read past your first two or three lines.

21. By Baba-Kluwe on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Definition of FAN

: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

: an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)

22. By Ozzinator on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. By Ozzinator on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

How come I don’t see anyone talking about Mistral Raymond?

24. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

SECOND!!!!!!

25. By Parkway on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

I don’t see anywhere in that Fan definition that you must be unrealistically optimistic/naive since I believe that is the point you are trying to make.

26. By Baba-Kluwe on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

The point is you are not a fan

27. By Baba-Kluwe on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

….or a fair weather fan at best.

28. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Since when is optimism unrealistic? I would like to see a typical day in your life– you expect realistic outcomes and spend half your life frustrated. I expect favor and blessings– and I get what I expect.

29. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

True fans do not cut down their team when their team is struggling.

30. By Bdup on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

@Baba-Kluwe

Good point

@Parkway

The one that the 9er DB “Asher Allen’d” wouldn’t have even happened if Jenkins wouldn’t have fallen down….

31. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

I only like you when you perform well. Otherwise I will whine, complain and tell you how much you *&$@.

32. By Baba-Kluwe on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Oh Boo Hoo, my QB ALMOST threw an interception! What, is he the only QB in the league to make a bad throw? Where is the logic?

Every QB makes bad throws in every game. The only difference I see is Christian is making a lot less than most.

33. By iaVIKE on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

I wish my QB would throw interceptions so that i can bash him on a blog!!
    Fair weather fans….

34. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Can you imagine 100% of the fan base 100% supportive 100% of the time? I have a dream…

The team struggles and instead of BOOs, the fans yell— YOU CAN DO IT!!! WE ARE WITH YOU!!! COME ON– YOU CAN BEAT THEM!!!

When the team is on the road, the whole fan base is behind them.

Currently the Vikings fan base is overwhelmingly full of self-fulling prophecies (which for you naysayers, even science is proving)– fans say– they always choke, they are cursed, they will never win the Superbowl.

35. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Vikings fans are too negative– that is the curse.

36. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Now I will step back– because I am sure there will be an explosion of attacks on my posts– I am not realistic, I am a fool. I ride a purple unicorn and wave at rainbows– and the cut downs go on and on. Be real– that is a nice catch-phrase when not understanding reality– ironic.

37. By Spencer on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Play press coverage!!

38. By caliviking88 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

AWW MAN WE JUST SIGNED ASHER ALLEN AND TYRELL JOHNSON BACK….WE’RE DOOMED……..

39. By caliviking88 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

jus playin

40. By Jimmy on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

If we want to get into ifs and buts how about this the Vikings should be 6 time Super Bowl winners if not for sh!tty refs.

41. By H.M.G. on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Ponder is still growing into a NFL QB. Even great ones have had many dropped INTs so this argument is a little redundant.

42. By H.M.G. on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

@Titus
    Is redundant the right word there?

43. By Sean on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

i would way rather have jamarca sanford playing then a unreliable rookie. Sanford was a huge role in last weeks game. he forced a fumble on frank
    gore who rarely fumbles plus he can come and make great tackles. Last week 49ers scored a touchdown over the middle but we were playing a cover 2 so if any of you fans no what that means usually the middle of the field is open.

44. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

It would be redundant for me to chime in, but it looks good to me.

45. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

This should be a great game Sunday– we were humiliated in the division last year– we won no games. Time to take charge.

46. By RichardA1 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Lets keep this momentum going! we played the best and beat the best! I will go with 10-15 sacks against Detroit! “The No Mercy Defense” will present itself!!!!

47. By RichardA1 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

War path to Detroit! all aboard!!

48. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

10-15 sacks? In the first quarter maybe.

49. By Sir Greasy Panda on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

I agree on all the negativism. The other day Spencer tried to down play Robinson’s pick and now everyone is talking about the dropped INTs. As we have learned the hard way, you either make the play or you dont. There are no should haves in the NFL

50. By Sir Greasy Panda on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

The past two seasons have been really frustrating but as a fan of this great team I always wake up on sundays EXPECTING a victory. I have never watched a Vikings game and thought, “we are going to lose”

51. By Sir Greasy Panda on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

We need to win this game. We can get off to a great start and put the lions down 1-3 going into their bye week, very demoralizing for them. We need to put our foot on their throats, get that killer instinct.

52. By Sir Greasy Panda on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Jared Allen should get at least 4 sacks on sunday

53. By Baba-Kluwe on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

The thing is, with all the new and/or young guys we have, this team is no where near realizing their full potential. And they are still playing hard and winning games despite being totally new to this system. How could you be anything but stoked?

What is this team going to be like when these guys have been together for 2 years? If we have another draft or two like this years?

54. By Baba-Kluwe on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Though it will probably be 20 years before we have the 3rd pick in the draft again.

55. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

We are the new Patriots– two or three Superbowl wins before 2020.

56. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Maybe we will just win it every year from now till 2020.

57. By iaVIKE on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

BAARROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Where are all the cheeseheads who were on here a month ago?

59. By sdvikefan on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

To quote my favorite college basketball team (THE San Diego State University)…

” I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN……I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN……” ad infinitum….

60. By vikingology1 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Stay agressive…

61. By rory from n.w.ark on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Almost intercepted///// guys if we fed off of that we could arguable be the best team in football, you cant sit here and say Ponder should have been picked 3 times last week ,,he wasnt and that says that all quarterbacks have those close calls thats why we call it close…..a close call,,,How many times did we have int right in our handS?????THRU OUT THE LAST THREE GAMES? too many I try and forget quickly ,thinking there was 6 right in our hands they of course were not so go on it happens every other pass play could have been picked,,,its not as easy as it seems, is it,,,,,

62. By Bluebird7 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Just don’t get hurt again like before, Ponder. Just sling those b-a-l-l-s straight and true!

63. By Spencer on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Sdvikesfan- that chant they do is awesome.

And the chant wear they point at the losing team is epic.

64. By odark30 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

“They just need to not beat themselves”……..What? Thats not fair. Ponder already said that “football is my girlfriend”. So who else is gonna beat him besides himself? Heard some rumors about Kluwe but it was all speculation.

65. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Now WE RE TALKIN’ ! ! ! !

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

66. By odark30 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

First Vikings offensive………rollout deep to Jerome so that Detroit realizes the legit vertical threat.

67. By odark30 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla where the brave shall live forever.

68. By Vikings1 on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

@Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus

I thoroughly agree with you about all the negativism of the Vikinng fans. I have been a Vikings fan since they came into the league in 1961, win or lose I will always be a Vikings fan and I have never lived in Minnesota. There is an old song that says”Every body loves a winner but when you lose you lose alone.” I will always be a “Diehard” Vikings fan for life and behind them win or lose.

69. By Saddy on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Win or lose I am ready to watch some Vikings football, the one and only fan out here in a small town in Tennessee…

I don’t care what others say, we have great talent and we are heading in the right direction

SKOL!!

70. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Good to see there are true fans alive and well. Vikings1, I have not been a fan as long as you, but I may have been around almost as long– when I was a kid I would go to Vikings games with my dad at the Met- probably in the late 60s– I just know as a kid I was not always happy to be in the freezing cold, although sometimes we were in the “boxes” because my parents knew a couple of the original owners.

71. By Saddy on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Just like NFL Network said, if we play like how we played against 49ers, they are going to pick Vikings week in week out to win against anyone…

Let’s go Vikings.

72. By adam on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

this is just a gut feeling but i think we are going to to be dissapoitned this sunday. Just like the game against indy. Were coming off of a huge home win, And lets be honest, the vikings havent put together consecitve wins since 09. I hope they prove me worng but this has all the signs of a let down game

73. By charles on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

we need to start off fast and not let off the throttle

74. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Release Spencer!!!

75. By DeerTracks... on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Yes, Fred.. Trade him for a sack of dry Pinto Beans, and a pair of wet socks.

76. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

@DeerTracks,

That was an lol
    !!!

77. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Actually Spencer is a good ol’ boy, but it’s fun to rib him once in a while.

78. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

For the most part releasing a player doesn’t do much good, unless he is a behavior problem, or costs too much!

79. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

….Why is your name DeerTracks?

80. By sandiamond on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Ozz, we get the point now really for sure…. …raymond should return Week 9

81. By 4eversteve on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Anytime your starting quarterback goes into a road stadium and throw 3 int’s and yet somehow the Vikings were still in that game, gives me hope that if Ponder can limit his mistakes against the Lion’s tomorrow they should come out of there with a victory. I am waiting on this team to prove that they willing play all 4 quarters of football on both sides of the ball game in and game out no matter who the opponent is in order to become the championship playoff team that the State of Minnesota deserves.

82. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Action follows belief– not the other way around.

83. By TheRealDon on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

83rd..ha Lets go Vikes

84. By Parkway on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Even mcchoke is picking us to win the game, maybe he’s not bitter anymore

85. By DeerTracks... on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer. Why is my name DeerTracks? Because yours is Spencer

86. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

Jones has copied your saying:

“Action follows belief– not the other way around.”
    Titus of Vikings.com

87. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

@DeerTracks,

Good answer!

88. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Geno Smiths stats today.

45-51, 656yds, 8TDs-0ints.

89. By RichardA1 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Vikes going to need chairs and whips to train these Lions!

90. By HCG. on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Now with riboflavin.

91. By TheRealDon on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Vikings 28..Lions 17

92. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Vikings 17, Lions 34

93. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

I want to pick the Vikes, but all this team does is disappoint you.

I just have a feeling that the secondary will give up 400yds to Stafford :(

94. By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Ummmmm…..Why am I reading about Ponders neck injury on NFL.com instead of here??? Kindve important info to have no? Wake up

95. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Ponder ain’t really hurt. We’re saying he is to f-ck with the Lions…making them gameplan for Webb.

Its quite brilliant.

96. By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

The day Web starts for the Vikes in the regular season is the day we can pack it up and go home…..I pray to never see it happen.

97. By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

If you wanna mess with Detroit tell them Musgrave had a stroke so Priefer will be calling plays for the offense.

98. By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

“Vikings Offensive coordinator Phil Musgrave had a stroke today… Priefer, the special teams coach, will be calling plays for the offense on Sunday.”

I justed posted this to every blog and news article on the detroit web site.

99. By sandiamond on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

” The safety position is officially in turmoil ” ouch

100. By David on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Please start Blanton over Sanford. Sanford couldn’t cover himself with a blanket

101. By vikes or die on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

OTkalil,
    I totally agree we better not be play conservative ( even if we have a good size lead), because as we all know, the lions can light it up in a hurry and they always seem to play better when their backs are against the wall. I think we are going to be alright though. It looks like we are becoming cohesive team unit. Our team is growing together fast. Cant wait for the game! Go Vikes!!!!!

102. By charles on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

i think ponders gonna light it up tomorrow, allens going to go on a rampage, but that might be just me.

103. By charles on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

and i think h smith is gonna be an awesome player for us in the future.

104. By charles on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

15hrs 52 min till game time
    GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

105. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

odark, that is a foolish action– could have consequences as well, Be smart about posting on the net, my friend.

106. By TheRealDon on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Spencer your starting to make me not like you again..

107. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Fred Jones, the one and only! Good to see a fellow member of the Be Sane Club!

108. By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Hey Titus……..Go f*** yourself. No one asked you.

109. By sandiamond on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

C’mon Frazier! dress 5 WR’s JUST DO IT ~

otherwise burton,wright inactive

110. By H.M.G. on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

I justed posted this to every blog and news article on the detroit web site.

By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Since he said Phil Musgrave I doubt people could say anything being as the OC is named Bill Musgrave.

111. By H.M.G. on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Have Jenkins inactive he is to d@mn slow and doesn’t get seperation.

112. By sandiamond on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Heck, Jenkins is #1 on depth chart behind Percy. Still running “old school chilly” players!!

113. By H.M.G. on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Geno Smith is going to be the next Cam Newton/RG3 in the upcoming draft. Not in the cry baby way but in the super hype train.The differents is Smith has a better mental make up than Cam. Geno for 1st overall pick this year.

114. By H.M.G. on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

@sandiamond
    Jenkins is a Billy Musgrave guy. Not a Chilliy guy.

115. By Royals on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

The Vikings looked unstoppable last week. Ponder was flawless. The Lions are explosive on offense. Lightening doesn’t strike in the same place twice and this one’s in the motor city. If the Vikings completely dominate the Lions I’ll be a believer. Until then…

DET 35
    MN 28

116. By sandiamond on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

The way they have handled the Wr position(s) feels like the old era

117. By H.M.G. on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

@sandiamond
    Sorry, I understand what you mean now. The hangers on that don’t really do much but for some reason are on the team right?

118. By sandiamond on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

HMG yea good test exp vs youth on that part of the roster tomorrow

119. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

HMG– still, as sheriff, you should not allow such ugly behavior in Dodge.

By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply
    Hey Titus……..Go f*** yourself. No one asked you.

120. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

@anyone,

I read about the last 35 or so posts, then lost track of who put down Joe Webb.

Joe is probably not getting many reps right now, but he got even less when he was practicing as a WR his rookie year.

When Joe Webb is quarterbacking, THERE IS A FORCE STRONGER THAN YER CAMS ER YER GWHATEVERS GOIN DOWN.

Heck, what do you thing Joe could do with the jump pass? I bet he hasn’t even practiced it yet!!!

121. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Real mature:

By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply
    Hey Titus……..Go f*** yourself. No one asked you.

122. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Isn’t there rules on the blog about this:

By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply
    Hey Titus……..Go f*** yourself. No one asked you.

123. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Are these the role models we want on a public forum?

By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply
    Hey Titus……..Go f*** yourself. No one asked you.

124. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb is the man to have when your offensive line is not doing the job, and even when they are!

Joe makes defenders look like middle schoolers!!!

125. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Hey WOBSCHALL— take this kind off the site! This is not good for the NFL:

By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply
    Hey Titus……..Go f*** yourself. No one asked you.

126. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

I will be writing to the web administrator about this:

By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply
    Hey Titus……..Go f*** yourself. No one asked you.

127. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Let’s get Marcus Sherels in the game this week.

If we are getting burned repeatedly, at least Sherels can be there when the b.a.l.l. is thrown!!!

And he can catch, so that we have more than 8 ints this year!!!

128. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

It’s a small world– this blogger may one day be at one of my biz looking for a job or at one of my friend’s biz–

By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply
    Hey Titus……..Go f*** yourself. No one asked you.

129. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

That kind of guy tends to have so many troubles, he is bad news to himself!

130. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Unreal. I genuinely was looking out for this guy and mentioning to be careful what you post– and this is his response:

By odark30 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply
    Hey Titus……..Go f*** yourself. No one asked you.

(Mind you– I never swore at this blogger– this reaction is unwarranted)

131. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

HMG– your point is rather moot– the context surrounding the said post is very clearly pointing to Bill Musgrave–

132. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

I am not an attorney, but know a few very good ones– in fact tomorrow I see one– I will ask her.

133. By H.M.G. on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

@Titus
    It is uncalled for. Unfortunately I did not see that responses if I had I would have said what I am about to.
    The use of foul language is not necessary when talking to a fellow Viking fan. Please show a little respect for your fellow bloggers. You don’t have to like them but you do not need to be a Johnson.

134. By H.M.G. on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

@Titus
    I was trying to give him a reasonable defense incase some type of legal action was taken…

135. By Jimmy on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Musgrave called a good game last week. Maybe he woke up from his comatose state.

136. By H.M.G. on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Himmy your back!
    How ya doin?

137. By Jimmy on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

It Jimmy. Doing well.

138. By H.M.G. on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

It was a movie reference. I’ll give you a hint Bruce Willis.

139. By Jimmy on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Any Die Hard?

140. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

HMG, thanks, – I was momentarily stunned, but I am over it now– time to move on. Where are the blogs for the game? Come on Wobbles, do your job!!! We should have had at least three or four blogs about the upcoming game.

141. By H.M.G. on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

No although I love them. Its Cop Out. Which originally was gonna be called A Couple of DI CKS.
    Now Yippy Kiya MotherF##KER!

142. By H.M.G. on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Your welcome Titus. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

143. By Ozzinator on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

How come no one is talking about Mistral Raymond?

144. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

It is all good– but where is Wobschall?

145. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Lol Titus, nobody cares.

146. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Go read the Detroit blog.

147. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Lions had one good year.

148. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

By TheRealDon on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Spencer your starting to make me not like you again..
    —————————————————————————-

Why? I’ve been relatively tame this season.

149. By TheRealDon on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

This is why Spencer lol

By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Vikings 17, Lions 34

150. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Vikings 34, Lions 21

151. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Haha, just being a realist. Its a passing league and the secondary has shown that they cant defend the pass.

152. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

I am being a realist– Vikings will win — last time Detroit beat us four straight games was in 1963– we cannot let that happen.

153. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Obviously I hope we win, but I just don’t see it. Cant wait for the game though.

Megatron vs Cook…

PART DEAUX!!

154. By sandiamond on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Cook / Sanford duo will shut down one side of the field. More worried about depth at safety as Blanton is useless with no nfl snap

155. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Just keep Sue away from Ponder.

156. By RichardA1 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

time for the skeptic Vikings fans to leave….its almost game time…time to orange the purple cans of Whoop Ass.

157. By RichardA1 on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Drink the cans of Whoop Ass!!!!

158. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Whose Sue?

159. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Ndamukong Suh,

160. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Oh my Lord it seems like every analyst that thought of us as the 32nd best team in the NFL are now all over the Vikings nuts.

I guarantee you if we lose they’ll all jump off ship.

161. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

I just want to let all of the Vikings fans know that we should stay humble. Sure, we played extremely well against the 49ers. We shouldn’t let this inflate our egos too much. We’ve got to stay focused, execute well and not underestimate this team. They may appear to be “reeling”, but they can put up points quick, fast and in a hurry. Play smart out there guys!

162. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Agreed Spencer— and I don’t think most fans are inflating their egos– look at my posts on earlier blogs– I said this Lions game will be tougher than the Niner game.

163. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Where art thou Shawn?

164. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

165. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer,

Yes, they keep saying that in the media that “it’s a p.a.s.s.i.n.g. league.”

The more a person says something, the more they tend to believe it is true.

The facts are that the offensive, and defensive linemen make the “decisions” on how the game will turn out!!!

In the old days they said that if your team was inferior, you had to throw the ball to beat that superior team. That is why Jones recommends that the Vikings start throwing the ball a soon as the step off the bus.

So we agree…but not because it’s a p@ssing league. Perhaps someday IT WILL become an all-p.a.s.s. league. But not yet.

166. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Jones and all his kin would like to know what in blazes happened to that Shawn?

167. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Fred- we can say “pass” now.

168. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Trade Spencer.

169. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Thank you for the tip Spencer…Parody wrote me a bunch of stuff on that, but I can never remember which is which. Some forms of P@ss do not work.

170. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Waive Spencer!

171. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

FredDogg’s latest campaign:

All I had to do was turn on the TV, and I immediately saw 4 or 5 shows about QBs!

Hey, if I watched the game, I know what the guy did, tell me something I don’t know!

This is an issue I have been harping on for several years. I know you have to talk about the QB.

But don’t obsess, give credit where credit is due. The O LINE deserves more credit than the QB.

This post or similar ones will run until someone admits that they “get it.”

BECAUSE obviously some fans are not gitting it!!!

172. By Spencer on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Release Marcus Sherals!

173. By Frederick Jones on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer,

It’s spelled Sherels. Why would you release the quickest player on your team?

174. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Lines are the foundations, but no one can see them well– for the most part their work is done out of view, like underground pilings , but quarterbacks are the lifeblood of the project– they represent the building we see, enter, do business in–without the building, the foundation would have no reason to exist. Both are necessary, but without the right quarterback, a team is going nowhere fast.

175. By Golden Tate on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

You can thank me later Viking fans.

176. By Golden Tate on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

I got my middle name from my great grandpa Shower Tate.

177. By Golden Tate on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

My Dad Richard was such a controling guy. He made every decision for me, but he’s still my Dad.

178. By Golden Tate on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

When I was in grade school my sister was standing in front of the t.v. so I shoved her out of the way. My Mom Lil’ asked me why I pushed my sister. I simply said ” I don’t know what you’re talking about” and she left it at that.

179. By H.M.G. on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

Cry baby Packer fan.

180. By Golden Tate on Sep 30, 2012 | Reply

Does H.M.G. stand for what you do out in your shed every night. (H.ump M.y Goat) Anyway don’t hate or discriminate on the Tate. I gave Green Bay a loss for you guys. Show the Tate-ster some love Goat boy.

181. By Golden Tate on Sep 30, 2012 | Reply

I heard all ya’ll cheerin’ like you won the Super Bowl when I scored that TD. If the Cheeseheads go 14 – 2 it’s because of me. Don’t hate the Tate baby.

182. By M.D. Jennings on Sep 30, 2012 | Reply

You didn’t score shi.t. I intercepted that pass and everyone knows it. The only time you score is when you go to West Hollywood.

183. By vikes or die on Sep 30, 2012 | Reply

The Vikes record is gonna be 4 and 1 in about 4 hours. We will steam roll through the motor city! Can you feel it!! Go Vikes!!!!!!!!

184. By vikes or die on Sep 30, 2012 | Reply

oopps. I mean 3 and 1 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

185. By DeerTracks... on Sep 30, 2012 | Reply

@Fred, the guy/gal, who put down Joe Webb is odark30.

I guess the 30 in his name is his IQ….

186. By DeerTracks... on Sep 30, 2012 | Reply

Odark30 is most likely a guy, as women aren’t that stupid..

187. By vikes or die on Sep 30, 2012 | Reply

Look at the pac holding their joc straps looking for answers. Wheres brett? Oh, I guess you sold the Hall of Famer for GAY MR. RODGERS! Ya baby, Thats what I said! Rodge is just looking for the next commercial. Does he actually any idea? U tell me?