Flip The Script: Can Vikings Win Turnover Battle vs. 49ers?

Posted by Mike Wobschall on September 19, 2012 – 1:54 pm

To come out a winner on Sundays in the NFL, a team must do a lot of little things right. To come out a winner on Sundays against a team the caliber of the San Francisco 49ers, a team must do some of the big things right, too.

The turnover battle is one of those big things. While winning the turnover battle could be identified as a key to the game each week, it will be especially important for the Vikings on Sunday because they play a team that is solid in this area of the game. They are one of just six teams with one or zero turnovers this season, and last season they gave the ball away only 10 times (5 fumbles, 5 INTs).

“This is a team that does not turn the ball over,” Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier said on Wednesday. “We need some turnovers, whether it’s a caused fumble or an interception. Hopefully this will be a week where we are ball hawks against a team that doesn’t turn it over very much. They set a record a year ago with the least amount of turnovers in our League.

“It’ll be a challenge in that area. But if there was ever a week where we get some turnovers, this would be it.”

The 49ers were good a season ago on the flip side of the turnover battle, too. They ranked tied for first with Green Bay is creating turnovers with 38, swiping 23 INTs and recovering 15 forced fumbles.

The Vikings, who won their home opener two weeks ago in dramatic fashion after a great team effort, are looking to get back on the winning track after dropping a close game against the Colts last week. Winning the turnover battle against a team that traditionally doesn’t lose the turnover battle, will put the Vikings on the fast track to victory.

Tags:

103 Responses to “Flip The Script: Can Vikings Win Turnover Battle vs. 49ers?”

1. By RichardA1 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Yes, they sure can, and there going to kick the 49ers A–

2. By TheRealDon on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

@RichardA1.. Im loving it

3. By Mule Gas on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Dream on, The Niners have a coach, we don’t.

4. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Vikings will win this Sunday. All the naysayers get in line to tie my shoes for the week. And while you are there, you can shine them too.

5. By vikingbob136 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

I root as hard as any other Viking fan in the world.When they lose, i feel terrible.
    When they win, i am so happy. The painful losses they have incurred over the last 42 yrs i have been watching them seem to linger longer than the big victories.
    But let’s face it This isn’t 1998. We are not suppose to win more than 5 or 6 games.Stop the bashing of the coach and players because it isn’t going to change anything.We are a good 2 or 3 years away from a great team.A lot can happen in that time.Be patient and just root your butt off.That’s all we can do.

6. By Spencer on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Can the Vikings Win Turnover Battle vs. 49ers?

7. By barry on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

they barely beat jackson. Losiing in game 2 didn’t help. I sound a a little pessimistic about this team getting any better this year. A new stadium will make the fans feel more cozy while they watch a another dismal season unfold !

8. By vikingbob136 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

My 8 year old wants to know why i read the posts on this blog.
    She says “Daddy those men are so negative”.
    I tell her daddy is a glutton for punishment because his favorite team is the Vikings.
    I am sure a lot of you can relate.

9. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Titus is a good role model for children. Be a true fan and support your team when they struggle. If you only support the team when things go well, you are fakes– go root for Green Bay.

10. By NebraskaNorseman on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

I hear you vikingbob and I agree with you! If there are two things I have learned as a Vikings fan for 40+ years it is patience and optimism. I am a die hard fan and will always support the team and the coaches!!

11. By purplegoldman on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Wev,e gone from the purple people eaters to the purple Puds. The Wilfs wont put up with this horriable coaching and pathetic play out of this team much longer, Yes they truly have become the PURPLE PUDS.

12. By Spencer on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Its not the players its the coaching. I for one don’t think the defensive players are that bad its just the scheme. Absolutely horrific.

13. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

A FEW TRUE FANS COMING OUT!!! PTL!!!

TRUE FANS ARISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. By Steve Pressler on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Go vikes —
    will win by 6

15. By Baba-Kluwe on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Wow, Vikes dropped Gurley, signed an OT to practice squad.

16. By wow on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

wow spencer your still trolling this website sad give it up you obese no life!!!

17. By odark30 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Anyone else frustrated with Fraziers pressers? He dodges the tough questions like a true politician. Give the same responses over and over. Some honest arse kicking truth would be a nice change.

18. By tblack1947 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

I watched Tarkington and the boys and I have been a Viking fan through thick and thin. . I’m cheering for them on sunday. anything can happen in the NFL. Go Vikings, win.

19. By Bigfan1 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

I’m a Viking’s fan since day one but you have to live in a fantasy land to believe they will beat a team like the niners after losing to the dismal colts.

20. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Frazier is one of the best coaches out there– give him another year or two. Heck, had we kept Childress, we would be in the Superbowl this year.

21. By Spencer on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Not fat, not trolling.

Just speaking the truth, and heck…I just acknowledge that the players arent exactly the problem. Give the D a better coach and im sure they would flourish! Contrary to popular belief we have the talent, its the coaching thats the problem.

22. By TheRealDon on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

@Titus..As a fan I like you, but Frazier and his coaching staff needs to go after this season.

23. By mac on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Frazier one of the best coaches out there-who you fooling? Vikings can’t win turnover battle and can’t win sh’t.

24. By odark30 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

I am not saying that the coaching is all bad. Not even nagging about the play calling. Just that Mike Priefer seems to be the only one that has any huevos. At least you can tell he gets POed once in a while. Everyone else is like the new era of PC parenting everything is always gonna be okay. And, that was a good good try. You will get it next time for sure. Nothing is ever wrong. Everything is gonna be just fine.

25. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Give Frazier the rest of this year before you crucify him. If we win less than eight games, then I will be in the fire frazier camp.

26. By chris_b on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Frazier shouldnt be a head coach.

27. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

A month ago, the Vikings were a 3-13 team coming off a couple of the worst years measured in more than just wins and losses– and we are two games in the season at .500 with a group of players who have shown the kind of heart I have rarely seen in decades– most Vikings teams have not done well when behind– and you are all calling the season a bust. Yikes. Not real bright in blogger land.

28. By Spencer on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Why doesnt the defense show any heart when quarterbacks are making game winning drives?

29. By wdnemesis on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Its not Frazier’s fault……..It is the pass coverage we bring as an opponent to to other teams to exploit and also we have had lots of trouble establishing a passing game that has deep threats which at this point we have non. We need a deep wide receiver that can get open and help out our other players make easier plays. I can’t ever think of a time where we had great pass coverage or even good pass coverage.

30. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Why do so few teams go from 3-13 to championship games a year later? Why do high school graduates not perform brain surgery? Why does a newborn have to sit in the carseat and not the driver’s seat? Life is a PROCESS. Put down the video games and stop cooking with microwaves for a day and wake up people. Quit your whining. Titus is getting really tired of this pathetic, incessantly inane drone of repetitive drivel called public opinion.

31. By vikingbob136 on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

@ Titus

Your optimism is intoxicating. Hopefully you are not high on anything else.
    Go Vikes!!!

32. By Jeffbleedspurple on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Can the Vikings win any catagory of the game against the Niners? OK! maybe special teams on XP conversions and I ain’t tieing or shining anybodys anything, tie your own d^mn sh!t. I have to agree with Spencer. With what I seen against the Colts, I cannot see anything good happening, Just for the record, I will be cheering for the Vikes, I will be wearing a Viking jersey at work for purple friday, I will be happy if I am very wrong about what I said before just for the record.

33. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

WAAAH WAAAAH– what kind of life do half you people live? I would not let you in my home– complaining, fault-finding, pointing fingers– there is a lot to be thankful for– my God, POSITIVES– we are building the newest stadium in the league!! We are keeping the team in Minnesota!! Our great running back came back and is strong– from what may have ended his career. We have a great new left tackle and probably a very good O line taking shape– for years to come– and an overall youth movement on the team. AND a team that plays through adversity and never gives up.

34. By Spencer on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

I would never step foot in your Republikkkan household.

35. By Spencer on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

But anyways, who knows? Maybe we can pull off the shocker of 2012. Go Vikes.

Randy Moss vs Cook is a battle im going to keep my eye on for sure!

36. By Baba-Kluwe on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

If Percy and AP are out there we always have a chance. Any team in this league is beatable. 9ers are probably the most complete team in the NFL, but they’re not blowing anybody out.

Still, I wouldn’t bet free money on this game. But there always is a chance, look at Arizona last week.

37. By Jeffbleedspurple on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Will no! The Niners didn’t blow out anyone in their 2 games, but then they played the Lions and the Packers :/

38. By twr on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

we will need to make all the tackles when we get the chance and play with alot of fire in their bellys. Go Vikes you guys can do it, Upste city.

BAROOOOOOOO

39. By twr on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Upset City

40. By sandiamond on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

“dontLeavTheDome” As long as the game is at least 17 pt reach

Ponder firing on all Cylinder late in these games

41. By tomcat on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

we have a good young team that unfortunately, is no match for a great veteran team. the only chance is if they get a couple of turnovers while playing their best game. this is gonna be fun either way. skol vikings!!

42. By Mark B on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

This should be an interesting game as both teams hang their hats on essentially the same concepts – stopping the run on defense, running it well on offense and using that run game to open things up in the pass game. If the Vikes can stifle the 9ers run game and create consistent pressure on Alex Smith I could see this being a very close game. Against the Pack and Lions, the SF defense played a lot of 2 deep with the safeties and counted on the front 7 to shut down the run. I envision a lot of motion (kinda like the 9ers do on offense) and a fair amount of draw plays and screens – both bubble screens to Percy and inside to Peterson/Gerhardt.

My question is this: what kind of impact would Jarius Wright have on the game if he is indeed ready to go?

43. By Woodboat on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Titus…
    I admire your positive attitude.

We do NOT have the makings of a very good O Line taking shape just yet. I think Kalil is the real deal, and maybe one or two of the other guys can step up, but our RT is average on his best day, and I’m not sold on Charlie Johnson… he gets beat quite often.

I will stand in line to proverbially tie your shoes if the Vikes win this weekend. I’ll be satiisfied with you admitting you were wrong when… err… if the Vikes lose.

Mark B….
    The Vikes and 9ers do share a lot of similarities, but their are some glaring differences. They have superior athletes pretty much across the board (except for Jared Allen, Percy,and AP) and they have a superior coaching staff across the board (at least at the top end). Other than that, we are the same team.

Jarius Wright will have next to no impact on this game. Ponder is having trouble finding Rudolph in the middle… Wright, Ponders 3rd or 4th read, is going to get lost in the shuffle… if Ponder has the time to get that far into his read.

44. By Woodboat on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Spencer…

I know you are all about Chris Cook, but why? I’m hoping he turns into a pro-bowler, but he really hasn’t impressed in the first 2 games of the season…

45. By Woodboat on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Sorry, reading from the bottom up, as is my habit….

BAHAHHAAAHAAA!!!

Titus,
    you are hilarious, my friend!!! A few short weeks ago you were claiming that the Vikes would go, what 12-4, 11-5? Now you claim you will be on the fire Frazier bandwagon if we go less than 8-8?

Heck, with this young squad and our suspect coaching staff, I was DREAMING of an 8-8 season, knowing that it was probably unrealistic for this rebuilding squad to attain this height in maybe the toughest division in football. If Frazier can somehow witch-doctor this squad into a 6-10 record I’ll be amazed….

46. By Woodboat on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Just got to this one….

By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Dude, please disregard my above posts. With this single post, you have settled yourself firmly on my “This guy is either crazy or an idiot… don’t read any more of his posts”.

Frazier is one of the best coaches out there…
    Childress would have had us in the Superbowl…

Astoundingly bad take.

47. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

By Woodboat on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply
    Titus…
    I admire your positive attitude.
    We do NOT have the makings of a very good O Line taking shape just yet.

Woodboat- we agree more than disagree–. I never said the O line is there yet either– I did not give a time frame, but that it is taking shape– six months from now or a year from now, I did not say.

Reason would say we will be creamed on Sunday– I am not lacking in intellect, but I have seen a lot which defies reason. I will hope and root for a win. By the way, so you can buy some shoe polish– I have mostly black shoes.

48. By Baba-Kluwe on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

3 to 1 odds the Rams beat the Bears. With no Forte and Cutlers meltdown last week. I’m betting that action.

49. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Oh, thanks for the encouragement Woodboat.

50. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Rams play at Solider Field—I doubt Rams will win. Vikings have a better shot of winning than the Rams this week-end.

51. By Baba-Kluwe on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Bradford is looking good.The HC is better too so I’d say 50/50 on that game. Especially with no Forte.

Vegas has the Vikes winning at 2.5 to 1, so they agrre with you. The fact that they just beat DET and GB would make a win against them so much sweeter.

52. By Baba-Kluwe on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

The only NFC team without a win are the Saints. How great is that?

53. By Coolest1ap on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

Yea I just don’t get the coaches for some reason, fraiser doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing><

54. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

I feel sorry for the Saints. Poor Saints. Will their fans be taking their paper bags out of their closets and drawers to wear at games again?

55. By Baba-Kluwe on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

If they lose to the Chiefs they just might. Because the rest of their schedule is brutal.

56. By Rick on Sep 19, 2012 | Reply

I’m not sure why i still read the blog comments on this page. Most of you whine so much it makes me ill I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again Frazier stepped into a mess and has had to sort it out and find a way to move forward. Blaming him for the current state of the vikings is like blaming Obama for the mess this country is still in even though anybody with a brain knows it was a mess before he showed up anyway politics aside because i can’t stand talking about them Frazier was handed the keys to a broken down old team and most of you fans think he should have a superbowl caliber team in 15 minutes or less! Get real people Next all you Webb fans are gonna start screaming as soon as Ponder throws his first pick of the season

57. By sunnyazvike on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Man i hate having no confidence in this team another year. I have to sit quietly while others talk about how great their teams are. We have no push up the middle without Kevin Williams, Guion has done nothing this season except hype. Jared Allen looks like a different DE. Opposing offense’s already know Josh Robinson can not handle curl or comeback routes. Chris Cook is decent, Harrison smith is decent, Erin henderson is decent, Chad Greenway gets paid too much along with Allen (so far.) Can we have one reliable playmaker on defense? Percy Harvin is hands down the best player on this team. Has been for awhile now. I like Ponder, but where is the growth of anyone else?

58. By Meekay on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

I believed that we would beat the Colts. But the 49ers? That’s a whole other story. They are one of the best teams in the NFL. I’m just hoping the Vikings don’t get beat too badly. Losing to the Colts has severely shaken my optimism this season..

59. By flavio urli on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

we just have to play rally hard, tackle well and put as much pressur as possible on Smith,we need a pick or fumble recovery at a crucial time, and who knows,if AP can brak a few bigger runs,if Ponder sells his play action a little better i think we can surprise teams , w know that th difference between winning n losing is often 4,5 plays in a game,lets hope we play well , execute,play smart,and we maybe will get those 4,5 plays that can make a win swing our way,

60. By flavio urli on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

and if things don not go our way ,lets hope we can make it a good game,it will be a good measuring stick , if we play it close against the niners, welll that just means we are not that far away …..losing to the colts ….now that hurt

61. By dee jay born on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

good point flavio urli.i expect the niners to bring at least 1 safety in the box to stop the run,which should be easy for Ponder to go play action.the niners fly to the ball so aggressively i have yet to see a play action against them.we need all of our WR’s to play a role in this one…SKOL Vikes !!!

62. By jason on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

where can ppl watch the game online for free anyone know?

63. By VegasVike on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Tell your daughter some fans are negative in everything they do and overctitical. Some fans are realists and see things for what they are. And some fans can’t see reality if it slapped them in the face. (like cheeseheads in the double check commercials) I’m a realist, I don’t think we can beat the niners, but I will watch the game in hopes that we do.

64. By VegasVike on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

So it’s basicly like real life, only with helmets.

65. By purplegoldman on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

If we see Ponder start to pitter patter with his feet, We are toast and it will be an ugly loss for the vikes. The Pitter Patter of Ponders feet means he is confused and not sure of what he is seiing from the defense. He hasnt learned to slide around in the pocket to find throwing lanes and that is why he has come close to throwing at least 5 INTs. He is not finding the optimum angle to throw from the Pocket. He had better learn or at least be tuaght to do this or we will be looking for another franchise QB in two years and it will become a rebuilding nightmare for many years to come.

66. By rory from n.w.ark on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Where are you fans,,,in space? this team is so young,but I have never seen so much fight and desire maybe ever,,,,these players are buying in to the system,they play together ,Ponder will improve before your eyes each week and as he gets better the whole team will be better,it takes time if you cant handle that do us all a favor and find another team to root for ,,,please…

67. By purplegoldman on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Every interview Ponder does pre game , He is quick to point out how good the other teams Pass rush is. This is realy bad because it shows that he is already intimidated by there defense. He should have the mind of a warrior and be thinking about how he is going to attack there defense and play fearlessly. Thats what great QBs do they scheme to fool the defense into misstakes and then capatalize on it. Ponder has yet to pump fake or even look off the safties. I would love to see just one game where he does both of these things, He would look like an NFL veteran as well as play winning football.

68. By purplegoldman on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

I question wheter or not Ponders QB coach is any good or not, If Ponder is not being taught what he is doing wrong and how to do it right then he can not improve to the level of play that it takes to win championships, At this point i am not down on Ponder ,I am down on his QB coach. I believe that is Mussgrave. Matt Ryan improved leaps and bounds after Mussgrave left Atlanta and came to Minny, Just a coincident?, Maybe . We will see.

69. By purplegoldman on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

And i dont mean , fire Mussgrave ,I mean hire a proven QB coach. Its that simple.

70. By OTKalil2012 on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Purplegoldman…

That is why I suggested bringing in Favre to help “coach”
    Ponder and Bethel-thompson..

Help Ponder with reads,2 minute offense,pump fakes,no huddle,muddle huddle,etc…

And most of all…Ponder needs to learn to have fun back there also…Favre knew how to do that !!… ; )

But you can bet that Brett will not have much spare time until he is done coaching his high school team in Mississippi…

But why not call the “ole gunslinger”now…And set up a time to bring him in to help out ???..

71. By purplegoldman on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

It doesnt have to be an ex QB, there are alot of very good Qb coaches available, but the Vikes organization must come to that conclusion for them selves because Mussgraves ego may not allow him to see the obviuos.

72. By vikes or die on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Its only the second game of the season and we are a very young team. If we play play good aggresive football on both sides of the ball we just might come away with a win.

73. By Troutdaddy on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Time for the real Vike-fans to take over this blog and and put the Whiners in their place. Again, this is only game 3 so we have a lot of football to play this year. That means we all need to cheer louder, let this team gel and grow and call out those folks who are losing the passion- coaches, players and fans alike- but do it in a way that is respectful and that gives people the chance to grow. Throwing people under the bus this early is not cutting it. Like I have said in posts before- I can be very critical of my favorite team at times, but I have learned that being negative only makes me doubt more and fell worse. So- to use the same quote I used last week. “I’ve upped my attitude, no up yours!” Skol Vikes. I hope Smith gets sacked 6+ times and that Moss gets beaned by a hotdog. Maybe the fans could learn from certain hockey team and throw a few squids at Moss….

74. By purplegoldman on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Agressive yes, But unless they play deceptively smart as well , all of the agressive play will be for not. Agreed?.

75. By purplegoldman on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Keep drinking your coolaid, A true Fan will offer construtive critisism in hope of seeing this team improve from there misstakes. We dont hand out particapation trophies for losing games they should win.

76. By purplegoldman on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Hey troutdaddy, You just admitted what a true hypocrite you are. We are all guilty of doing that at times, But your the only real fan. Thats some Ego youve got there Bud.

77. By purplegoldman on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

I am a die hard fan since 1968. But when the Bud Grant era ended so did the Vikings consisstant good play week in and week out every NFL sunday you knew the vikes were going to play good if not great. Now i get a sick feeling before every game because the one thing the vikes do consisstantly is beat them selves and it is frustrating to say the least. I dont get upset because they lost the game but they alwaysseem to find a way to beat them selves and its not just this young team. When i think of the Steelers, Patriots and Ravens, I dont know if they are going to win, But i do that they will play a realy good game and not beat them selves. Thats a comforting feeling i once had with the Vikes of old. I long for it again and soon i hope , for the fans and the Vikes Organization, They have earned it to this point.

78. By jason on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

love the vikes play aggresive and smart ball run play-action they all go after the run because why we have the best running back in football then look wow 80 yard sling to percy touch down then the next time we have the ball ap breaks out 20 probablly 30 yards back to back play aggressive and smart ball abd dont hold back nothing and we got this game skol vikes bbaby..

79. By jason on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

and if they start bltizing run the screen then ap is gone for huge touchdown come on fans we all gotta be cheering ssssssssssskkkkkkkkkoooooooooolllllllllll

80. By Baba-Kluwe on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Any team in this league is beatable, The Cards proved it last week when they won in NE.

And the fact that a 9-7 team won the Super Bowl last year only strengthens that point. And the 9ers lost to that 9-7 team in the playoffs, at home.

The 9ers could be the best team in the NFL but they are no where close to being unbeatable.

81. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

A true fan offers constructive criticism? HA HA HA. You label these posts as constructive? Study the connotation and denotation of words as well as their position in the syntax of a sentence. I see a lot of criticism, but constructive? I will help you out — Look at that word: constructive. Think of the word construction. Constructive criticism is a critique done in a manner that builds one up– these posts TEAR people down. You can mask your comments as constructive, but they are anything but uplifting.

82. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

I have said it for weeks– Vikes over the Niners.

83. By iaVIKE on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

You’ve been sayin it for months now, hopefully come Sunday we’ll all see you were right.

84. By MrVikes on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

I think the vikings have a great chance in beating the 49ers, like mentioned earlier, 49ers use the run game to open the passing game. I have 100% faith in our run defense. Jerad Allen? Are you serious? I guarantee every team we play against has Jerad Allen on their mind. I mean seriously the guy is a beast. They prepare for him. He didn’t get a sack in two games, big deal, he started last season slow too if I recall. Frazier is a good coach just because you don’t see him on the side line throwing a fit every time something happens. It happened, move on and try to not let it happen again. He has the right mind set a head coach should have. He stays focused, and doesn’t let his emotions get the best of him. POSITIVE THUMBS UP. The colts game last week, I don’t know about you guys but I was proud of the vikings. We were what? 6 – 20 coming into the 4th quarter? We stayed in there and tied the game up. Sure they came back and won it, but we made it a close game, and we were playing HORRIBLE pretty much the entire game. True vikings fan right here. We will win Sunday. I think we are going to have a awesome team this year. Believe it or not GO VIKES!

85. By Mule Gas on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Titus has been saying that for months, and will keep saying that even after the game is over.

86. By Mule Gas on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

After reading all the ‘I know everything, you don’t’ on the game. As much as I want the Vikings to win, Now I want the Niners to stuff that ball up Titus’s nose!

87. By iaVIKE on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Uh oh….Looks like DeerTracks is posting under another name again… Dude we can smell your closet 49er fan stench from way over here. At least make it less obvious.

88. By Stoney on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Hey MrVikes, good post,

89. By viking181164 on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

if arizona can beat new england in new england…the vikes can beat san fran..only if they play picture perfect and dont make mental mistakes like stupid penalty’s

90. By Mule Gas on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

iaVike! Looks like you and Stoney are in the same bed, Huh!
    Clever way you two work together, being the same person.

91. By iaVIKE on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

So you caught us, big deal!

92. By vikes or die on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

purplegodman, Absolutely, we have to play smart football. If we play stupid we are our own worst enemy. But we have to play,”We are going to kick your ass football”. If not, I will call mama, and at least she will try and get it done.

93. By iaVIKE on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Good one, Deertracks, post under my name now. That last post was not me, and no i am not “Stoney”. You really need to get help dude.

94. By Feugo on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

we have to keep it close, keep the ball away from their defence and who knows

95. By Deer Tracks on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

OK, iaVIKE, now it is my turn to play our game. Time to fess up.

Now it is time to let everybody know that you and I are the same blogger!

We pretend to get upset with each other to see what type of response.

Game over, now to get back to Vikings vs SF 49ers Game!

Vikings 31, Niners 28 in a close, hard fought battle!

96. By iaVIKE on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

F-ckin douche

97. By vikes or die on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Hey deer tracks, it sounds like you have takin it to much in the a- s from your old man, so go froluck in wonderland where u can be free to be gay like bambi. and let the Norseman be Noresman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

98. By Deer Tracks on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Hit a nerve, huh!

99. By Deer Tracks on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Vikes or die. Yes, do that I will Pi$$ on your grave!

100. By GrandBigdaddypurp96 on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

the vikings will win this Sunday and all the naysayers can suck a d—

101. By Deer Tracks/iaVIKE on Sep 21, 2012 | Reply

vikes or die That was uncalled for, your fifthy remark about my father.
    He was killed in WII, protecting rats such as you! Go ahead and DIE!

No one will miss your worthless hide.

102. By tomcat on Sep 21, 2012 | Reply

i thought this was a vikings forum. can we at least be civil here??? this is not jerry springer.

103. By Johnny T on Sep 22, 2012 | Reply

I hate to say this because I always like to stay hopeful for my team, however unless God performs miracles in our secondary and the young guns actually start showing up in the games and making some plays we will be losing the turnover battle. I have yet too see anything spectacular from our young secondary. The dismissal of Bowman and Carr is not looking very good at this point. Its time the DB’s of the vikings excluding Winfield step up and put some meat on the table for the rest of the team. Chris Cook especially needs to show why the Vikings drafted him so high. There is no time like the present to bring some extra swagger to a game. I can’t stomach another year like last year, so I say do something secondary NOW is the time!