Safety First Continued: Hard-Hitting Returning Starter

Posted by Mike Wobschall on August 16, 2012 – 5:50 pm

Mistral Raymond: He’s Got The Look
Harrison Smith: Progression Continues
Jamarca Sanford: Hard-Hitting Returning Starter

Our daily look at the competition for starting safety positions continues today with analysis of Jamarca Sanford.

Jamarca Sanford is one of the Vikings best  special teams players, and now he has a chance to emerge as a playmaker on the Vikings defense, too.

No player in the vaunted Southeastern Conference (SEC) accumulated more tackles than Sanford during his four seasons at Ole Miss. The Vikings noticed Sanford’s penchant for finding the ball-carrier and selected him with a seventh-round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft. Sanford immediately became a standout special teams contributor and is now working to become a playmaker on the Vikings defense as well.

Sanford is actually a returning starter in the Vikings defense, as he started 15 games at safety a year ago. But improvement is the name of the game for the Vikings secondary in 2012, and Sanford is determined to be a part of the equation.

The area of Sanford’s game the team is looking to improve is his ability in coverage.

“As I mentioned before with Jamarca, we have to be able to see him make some plays on the ball down the field,” Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier said. “That is something we want to see him improve on and he will get enough turns here in camp and in the preseason to see if that is happening.”

Frazier also said Sanford’s teammates feed off of his passion for the game.

“He is one of those guys who plays at a high level all the time,” Frazier said. “You can always hear him chirping and talking, and the players kind of feed off of that. We all like that energy that he brings.”

Tags: ,

126 Responses to “Safety First Continued: Hard-Hitting Returning Starter”

1. By frenum49 on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

2. By frenum49 on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

I remember my english professors 1117 and 1118 mentioning the “who cares factor”….

3. By Spencer on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Mistral and Smith should be the starters vs the Bills. Jamarca Sanford is horrific.

4. By Spencer on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Hes great in the run game, but is pretty awful in the secondary.

5. By frenum49 on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

i think Wobbs just needed to bust something out quick so he wouldnt miss the GB game…..

6. By sandiamond on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

‏@TomPelissero

The 75-man cutdown is Monday at 3 p.m. Central. #Vikings must make final cutdowns less than 24 hours after exhibition finale at Houston ends

I keep getting different dates/numbers for the cuts but maybe Tom P is right. wow wasn’t expecting 15 chops sunday

7. By dieseldog on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Sanford – another one of those guys that takes 3 or 4 years to develop into a hopeful at his position but is a special teams gem.

8. By vikingology1 on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Sanford won/t make the cut at safety.

9. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

hey everyone. Titus is in da house!!!!!

10. By Spencer on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Why doesnt the NFL sell jerseys with tight sleeves?

11. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, why do you not care that the rest of us can watch the games on TV?

12. By Spencer on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Do you mean the rest of us can NOT watch the games on TV?

13. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

I should have said — whether the rest of us can watch the games? Geesh, Spencer, you know what I meant– relax.

14. By Spencer on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

…..Why should I care? haha

15. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Excellent Spencer– you are a good pupil. It’s not like one of the other bloggers who asked “Who cares?” but “Why should I care?” Excellent.

16. By Immure on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Wow Cleveland is really whomping Greenbay 32-7

17. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, what should we do with the second and third quarterback positions?

18. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

I keep saying– Green Bay is not going to be good this year.

19. By Spencer on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Webb should be 2nd string, and Sage should 3rd.

But Ponder is our guy so I could care-less about those 2 spots.

20. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

I think Sage at 2, the Hyphen at three and trade Webb.

21. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Hey, how did Sage come back here? I just remembered when we sent him to the Giants and I was thinking what a dumb move that was at the time.

22. By Spencer on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

20hrs till kickoff!

23. By Frederick Jones on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

@OTK,

Your opinion about Webb was silly. He has been in tough situations before and came through. Did you watch the Detroit game last year? Joe ran for the TD that helped the Vikings win the game in the final seconds (except for a missed call shown on all the replays).

Joe Webb is clutch.

Apparently I was the ONLY GUY who watched the replays of some of the other NFL pre-season games this week! WHO, pray tell, WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO BE YOUR QB OUT OF THE RAIDERS-COWBOYS GAME. I mean they scored 3 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what about the Jets game???

24. By Spencer on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Frederick, Ponder is the starter, and will always be the starter. Its time that you accept that.

25. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Buffalo Bills Baby!!!!

26. By Frederick Jones on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer,

Ponder will be the starting QB until he has a bad game or two. Then the Viking fans will use clever rhetoric like “Bench Ponder! Bench Ponder! or the like.

27. By Frederick Jones on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

Prove that you are the real Titus.

28. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Fred, I think all of us missed what you saw? When did we beat the Lions last year? Methinks you may be in the ale a wee bit early before the game?

By Frederick Jones on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply
    @OTK,

29. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

This is the real Titus. The impostor has let up the past few days– it’s all the real thing lately

30. By Frederick Jones on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

I am talking about the face mask penalty. But you obviously forgot, and will now lie about it having taken place.

31. By Frederick Jones on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

PROVE IT!!!

32. By Spencer on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Prove your real- what website do you get your news from?

33. By Frederick Jones on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Spencer is the real spencer. But we have had many Tituses.

Titus knows me, and I know him.

34. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Fred– I remember the face mask not called, but we never won that game– and had Webb scored a TD, we may never know. The point is you said we won that game– we did not.

35. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, how many times do I have to tell you? Comcast is my Internet provider, so I see news headlines on there, but IT IS NOT my choice for news when I need to know something.

36. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

I am going to ask you about WarCraft if you keep that up.

37. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

This is the one and only Titus.

38. By Spencer on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Smh.

Answer the question “Titus,” what website do you use to get your news? Funny how you keep avoiding it..

39. By Frederick Jones on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

Look back at my post. I said EXCEPT for the penalty…

40. By Frederick Jones on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

The real Titus I have known for over 3 years now. I know him, and he knows me.

Identify yourself.

41. By Frederick Jones on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

You are not the real Titus. Titus has a different writing style altogether, and his personality is more truthful.

42. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

I saw your except Fred– still not clearly written. Identify myself on the Internet? Ha ha ha ha. Funny.

43. By Spencer on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

You’re a fraud Titus. You wont answer the question because you dont know the answer. F-ck outta here.

Anyways, Harrison Smith and Mistral Raymond should become a solid safety tandem. Cant wait to see these guys ball out tomorrow.

44. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, I used to like you, but lately your a rude p.unk.

45. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

you’re

46. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Fred, you want proof. Here it is: You and I do not belong to this world; we are aliens passing through.

47. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Get a LOAD of this– too big for pee wee…

48. By animal26 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

I think The Vikings should go out and make a trade off with the browns, for colt McCoy. We could get a high quality back up QB, in the event that Ponder gets hurt. I hear that the Browns are willing to accept a very low draft pick for him. Would bolster our QB Depth quite a bit.

49. By animal26 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

offer*

50. By animal26 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Not only could colt be a great back up, but he could also become a good Starter QB, if Ponder gets hurt, or doesn’t pan out to be the starter of the future, we all were hoping for.

51. By animal26 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

starting*

52. By Spencer on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Thats all you had to say sir Titus…Xfinity! You kept avoiding my question so I assumed you were a fake and thus treated you like one.

No hard feelings mi amigo.

Baroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

53. By Spencer on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

And I heard about that 300 pounder yesterday, crazy world we live in, eh?

54. By Sir Greasy Panda on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

does anyone know at what time they will broadcast the vikings-bills game on NFL network?

55. By Sir Greasy Panda on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

any how, I hope the vikings make progress from last game. I want to see the first team offense score a TD and I want the first team defense to get a turnover. We never get turnovers! and when we do we cause penalties that negate them!!! so frustrating

56. By animal26 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

the game will be broadcast at about 7:00pm on NFL network.

57. By rogerthevikefan on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

@Titus- Sage returned last year after he was released by the Phins because of medical reasons. Then he signed a 1 or 2 year contract this offseason. The Raging Sage will destroy the Bills 2nd team D.

58. By rogerthevikefan on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

To stay on topic Sanford is a SPECIAL TEAMER ONLY. He will never be a solid starter.

59. By sunnyazvike on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Im in AZ but i have the Vikings being recorded at 8am (mst) on sat 8-18, first schedule replay for the game.

60. By sunnyazvike on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Can we switch out Sanford and Raymond??? Sanford in base 4-3, while Raymond in nickle dime-passing downs.

61. By sunnyazvike on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

LETS GO MARVIN #55!

62. By Rick on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Again with the sugar coating of a player that is not the answer why wobby why we all know Smith will win the starting job over Sanford. Personally I would like to see what that Blanton kid can bring to the table but we have to wait for him to be healthy i guess. It shouldn’t take to much to beat Raymond out for the other safety position

63. By OTKalil2012 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

@Rick…

Blanton is back…He is supposed to see some action tonight…

64. By OTKalil2012 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

The first team is supposed to play into part of the second quarter…

I would think Sage will need to get in a little time in at QB tonight…After sitting last week…

With Webb playing about half the game last Friday…I wonder if he sits tonight ??…Then maybe sit Bethel-Thompson in the 3rd game ??…

Defense…Defense…Defense !!!…

Lets see some gap discipline tonight !!!…

Mistral Raymond…Hit and tackle something out there…I don’t care if throw your shoulder into the team mascot or tackle a cheerleader…Do something !!!…

65. By sandiamond on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

66. By 61Vikings on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

We haven’t had a decent safety since Darren Sharper and before him, one of my favorite players, Joey Browner!! Let’s hope that Harrison Smith can turn out to be anywhere near as good as those two!! As far as Jamarca Sanford goes, I think he’s a great special teamer at best!! Mistrial Raymond has got to step it up this year or he can find himself on 2nd or 3rd string!!

67. By PurplHaze on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

I love this … “Mistral Raymond: He’s Got The Look”

It’s like, WHO THE H3LL CARES? DOES IT HELP US WIN BALL GAMES?

C’mon Wobbs! Give us something just a little more substantial!!! ~SMH~

68. By Bluebird7 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

The Vikings have a Dual Tightend Scheme in Kyle Rudolph and John Carlson.

Would be nice to see Carlson play, but he won’t tonight. Maybe next game.

69. By OTKalil2012 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Here is a good article…Love what Toine had to say about Robinson !!… ; )

70. By 61Vikings on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Our run defense was pathetic last week, must get better this week!! Our run defense use to be our strongest point on defense with the Williams Wall!!

71. By sandiamond on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

run defense catches a break here the next two weeks. Buff #1 runs heavy spread offense and SD is minus Ryan Matthews. Matthews tore the back7 to shreads last year

72. By OTKalil2012 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Fred Evans will be filling in for Guion tonight…

So watch for Brinkley tonight…

The pressure will be on the MLB to preform tonight with starter Guion out…Lets see how Brinkley holds up on first team reps ??…

73. By OTKalil2012 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Would like to see the defense have Robinson play a few press coverages on Stevie Johnson tonight…

I would like to see Robinson handle that press coverage and his recovery speed if the receiver does get by Robinson…Vikings have been raving about the ground this guy can cover…

Hope to get a chance tonight on a few plays to see that elite speed from Robinson…

74. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

@OTKalil,

What is with your hate of Joe Webb?

75. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

@titus,

There are several things in your recent posts which do not indicate that you are the original titus.

76. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

For some reason jones cannot post. Saying we are aliens is not enough.

77. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

The original jones is a backer of JOE WEBB all the way to the finish of his career with the MN Vikings, Win, Lose, or Draw!!!

Why?

Because it’s right.

78. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Whatever Jones. What can I do? Want to meet at the local Caribou so you can see it is me?

79. By DYNOOOMIGHT on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

______________________________________________________________
    Come on, guys. The Vikings only won 3 contests in 2011-Detroit was not one of them. Do you really think Titus would make such a mistake? I suppose if not for the facemask-but that is neither here nor there. Fact of the matter is-the Vikings lost that game. I am suprised that many of you do not know an imposter when you see one.

80. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

HEY– FAKE DYNO– That second part was copied and pasted from Fred Jones’ comments and I replied to it.

81. By DYNOOOMIGHT on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Not to mention, there is a stark contradiction in writing styles. Titus does not use multiple symbols to end a sentence. The guy posing as Titus has done this more than while commenting in this blog.

82. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

I thought this impostor nonsense was over. Have fun. See ya in another life. I don’t know why I am targeted, but it is not fun for me on here. You did good, impostor. Got what you wanted. I hope you feel like a big man. Adios.

Thanks to Fred Jones, Spencer, Parody, Nova, Woodboat, Sir Greasy Panda, and everyone else for the good and sometimes strange chats.

83. By DYNOOOMIGHT on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

HEY-FAKE TITUS-My mistake, I did not read the post carefully. You are right, but I still believe you to be a fake.

84. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Oh, and of course, DRS, sandiamond, Vegas, and the rest.

85. By DYNOOOMIGHT on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

He’s not going anywhere, because that is not Titus. Titus will be back at the start of the regular season. He said it a month ago. The guy posting as Titus, for the past month, is an imposter. That is why peole are targeting you. Most of us like the real Titus, and will welcome him back when the time comes.

86. By DYNOOOMIGHT on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

C-ya later imposter. Hurry back real Titus, we miss your unique style.
    as for the imposter Titus, all I have to say is this:
    na na na na…na na na na….hey hey hey….goodbye.

87. By Spencer on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Guys thats Titus. The article he posted earlier about the 300lb 12yr old was from Xfinity. Only Titus gets his news from a cable website.
    ————————————————————————————————

By Spencer on Jul 10, 2012 | Reply
    Lol Titus, you get your news from Xfinity?

88. By DYNOOOMIGHT on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

spencer, if the imposter has been a regular on this site, which I suspect he/she has, they would already know the answers to your questions.

89. By DYNOOOMIGHT on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Go back about a month and see, Titus said he is taking a leave of absence and will be back when the regular season starts. Titus seems like the kind of guy who would stand by his comments. I would believe him to be, anyway.

90. By DYNOOOMIGHT on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Think about it, Spencer. You had to wait some time to get the answer to your question. Why? Because he had to search through past blogs to find it.

91. By Spencer on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Well the bottom line is this….I could care less.

GAMEDAY

92. By DYNOOOMIGHT on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

No doubt. Here’s to seeing some promise tonight!!!

93. By sandiamond on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

headline: Good gosh,a big day Josh

debut at panthers camp this week

Asked about the four interceptions,Norman smiled and said: “It was five. Y’all are cutting me short.”

wth? vikings coveted this player. drafted in the fifth round

94. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

The Fake Titus is enjoying all the attention.

How anyone could enjoy being someone else…well the jones boy he don’t not never kno!!!

95. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Bye the bye,

Does anyone know what happened to Shawn?

96. By Richard1A on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

This just in, Drekar ships or Dragon headed Vikings ships seen landing in the local waterways, Big mean Vikings off boarding, carrying swords, battle axes, storming towards the dome, they were munching on giant turkey legs, and goblets off Purple Punch, The whole gang has been going berzerk. Thor and Odin have sent them on a mission. The Bills may not even show!

97. By sandiamond on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Walsh drilling FG’s from 70 yds!

Ponder/Rudolph/Harvin/Peterson/Walsh ViK oFFense machines!

98. By sandiamond on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

‏@BleacherReport

After considering the Bucs & Jets, Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps has reportedly agreed to terms with the Patriots

Vikings inquired about the FLA player but missed out

99. By Spencer on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Hes a perfect fit for the Pats! They’ll use him right without a doubt in my mind.

100. By Troutdaddy on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

So- Sanford has got his work cut out for him either way. I don’t like his chances at Safety and I don’t think his efforts thus far are going to cut it. Unless he has a WOW performace over the next 3 games, then I do not expect much. As far as Ponder goes, I am stoked that he see’s this team poised to win many games this year. he is the leader of this team and (sorry Fred) Webb is just not ready by any means. Being athletic and having talent are great, but showing this type of leadership and confidence is vital and Ponder has that and the talent/skills as well. I think Webb will get his shot- just not this year. I truly hope he does as he obviously has great abilities ot else the Vikes would not have grabbed him. I am just really rooting for Ponder and want to see him succeed. Wouldn’t that be cool for our Draft pick to actually pan out and do phemonial things?

Lastly- can’t wait for the real Titus to come back as well. I feel bad that the Imposter Titus can’t just come on here and hang out and mix it up as a normal person- rather than posing as a reg. Kinda sad… But- life goes on…. It’s just a blog as non of our thoughts are going to matter to much other than just fuel to cheer on our Vikes, right?

101. By C0EnzymeA on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Vikings should use Sanford as a nickle LB.

102. By Richard1A on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

test, am i in the corner? a time out?? whipping comming?

103. By Richard1A on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

O’K, back to my meaningless garble.- Live at the Dome, the home field advantage should give the Vikings and Fans a direct jolt of adrenaline to the spine. I am going to be looking for team play? there is no reason when the Bills are watching one of the best athletes in football, Peterson, Allen that some of these other guys can’t go on and make a stand out play, they the unproven stars are purposely ignored because they never do anything, now is there time. They wer’nt born stars they got to make it happen, I mean some of them are getting a million dollars a game, no excuses! the Kinetic energy from the fans from the start should elevate the players a level or two. Raising a Purple Punch, Cheers

104. By Richard1A on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Pats are on the way down, without Brady they have nothing. Key-key in on Brady and down go the Pats!

105. By sandiamond on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

106. By OTKalil2012 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

@Fred..

I don’t hate Webb…Webb is one of the nicest guys on the team…

Do I question his talent level ??…Yes…

Webb has had plenty of time to learn Musgraves playbook…And knows the players and the system…

At best Webb is playing like 3rd string QB right now…And seems to be going in reverse this year with his learning curve to be a legit starting QB in the NFL…

On the other hand…Bethel-Thompson is a very young talent that is raw and needs grooming…

Webb should be further along in his development…

I rank the QB’s on the team..1.Ponder..2.Rosenthals.3.Bethel-Thompson…

Most of that reason being…The 3rd QB on any team should be a true young raw developmental project…

Not a 3rd year QB not getting the job done…

107. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

@OTKalil,

and you decided all that on two quarters of a pre-season game?

You are a lot better than the jonesy!!!

108. By Spencer on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

He cant play quarterback at a high level. Why are you making it complicated?

109. By Frederick Jones on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Realize that the jones boy thinks that Ponder has all the tools to succeed in the NFL, and he will get his chance. I hope he gets his chance!!!

But Joe Webb also has all the tools. The question is when he gets his chance will people accept him as the Vikings Quarterback? He might wind up going the way of Marlin Briscoe, Joe Willie Gilliam, and Tarvaris Jackson.

Biologically it has been proven that we are all ONE RACE. Our genes are similar from asians to africans to caucasions. Yet rascism, in all it’s ugly forms, is still very much alive.

Proof that it no longer exists in the NFL is when most of the running backs are white, and many of the quarterbacks are black. (Now there are some of each jonesy knows, but the numbers are skewed badly!!!)

110. By iaVIKE on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

No, but Fred you’re making it sound like you’re better than the Vikings staff. They have had TWO full years of games and practices to watch Webb and determine if he’s an NFL level QB. He can’t do it, Ponder is the future.

111. By OTKalil2012 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

The coaching staff has remarked Webb has looked out of sync all of training camp…

That remarkable catch Childs made in training camp was a well under thrown ball Webb thrown up for grabs…

Vikings made the point last year…Webb was only given a small portion of the playbook to learn and understand…Most just being special “blazer package” calls at certain times during the game…

Body language tells a lot…Webb seemed totally confused and frustrated last Friday…

112. By Deer Tracks* on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

iaVike: Ponder is the future? Maybe so, until he gets pounded into the turf!

OTK.: Webb only given part of the playbook to learn? Where did you get that information? If indeed that is true, just tell me why? Frazier wants him to fail?

Fred. All the Anti-Webb “People” want him gone. Save your breath!

113. By OTKalil2012 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Thats okay Fred…Fight for Webb…I just like the upside of Bethel-Thompson better…

Because I might be the only guy left on this blog fighting for Loadholt’s job…And his biological gene pool or whatever you were trying to say ???…

114. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Webb needs to go and I base that on MERIT not RACE.

115. By Joe F on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

@Fred
    I would like you to clarify your comments. Are you saying Viking fans wouldn’t accept Joe Webb as the starting quarterback because of race? The Vikings have had African American quarterbacks in the past and they have been accepted. Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, and Daunte Culpepper have all taken their place as Viking quarterbacks and have been accepted by the fan base. The Vikings also had a great coach in Dennis Green who was African American and the fans were accepting. Who gives the Vikings the best chance of winning games? I’m not a coach so I leave that to them. Whomever they go with I will support no matter what race. When you get down to it I’m a MINNESOTA VIKINGS fan, No matter who plays for them, whether they have a winning record or losing.

116. By rocksalt on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

If webb seserved the spot, he would have made more effort to learn the system…he has been with us long enough to learn .yet has shown very little.grasp of the offense

117. By rocksalt on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

deserved..

118. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augusfus on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

That’s not to say that race shouldn’t be taken into consideration…

119. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augusfus on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

I just can’t keep out of this conversation for long, I guess. You guys neeed some clarity at times instead of mindlessly repeating things you’ve read elsewhere.

120. By Bluebird7 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

rocksalt…How the heii can Webb learn the system, if Hotdog Frazier won’t give him the entire playbook? OTK stated Frazier only alowed Web to see part of it! sheezz.

Titus (Which ever one) Webb should be gone? Where?

121. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augusfus on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

@Fred
    When’s the last time you wrote an original thought? Something that wasn’t culled from an amateur blogger via google?

122. By iaVIKE on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Deertracks just post under your original name and drop the “Bluebird” nonsense. You make it way to easy

123. By Bluebird7 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

And WHY? I agree with deertracks.I disagree with him at times, This time he & Fred are right!

124. By Bluebird7 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

@iaVike Bluebird7 is my Radio Call sign used while I was in Combat in the Army!
    Something you don’t understand or care about You haven’t ever hear a shot fired .
    always letting someone else do the dirty work for you. Stay off my back!.

Had you read my first post you would have known. See how smart you are?

125. By iaVIKE on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

By Bluebird7 on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

iaVIKE. I don’t even like the 49ers..Don’t like deartracks. I was just stating my concerns
    about Randy having a breakout game. Chris Cook better do his job! This time!

By Bluebird7 on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

———————————————————————————————
    You just showed how much of an idiot you are. Get help

126. By iaVIKE on Aug 18, 2012 | Reply

My mistake! I just noticed that “And why” was directed to OTKalil2012, and not towards me. Sorry Bluebird.