Vikings Issue First Depth Chart Of Preseason

Posted by Mike Wobschall on August 8, 2012 – 5:19 am

There’s a long way to go before NFL teams have to make roster decisions, but there’s not a long way to go before teams take the field for their first preseason game. So while there’s still plenty of time for players to make their case for a roster spot, NFL teams began releasing their initial preseason depth charts this week.

You can find the Vikings initial depth chart by clicking here.

There aren’t any major surprises or developments in the depth chart, but here are a few notes…

– As expected, Brandon Fusco is listed as the starter at RG, with Geoff Schwartz as his backup. Chris DeGeare is listed as the backup at LG behind Charlie Johnson.

– Lex Hilliard is listed as the 3rd-team RB, with Derrick Coleman and Jordan Todman stacked evenly behind Hilliard.

– Veteran Joe Berger is listed as the backup center, with undrafted college free agent Quentin Saulsberry listed with the 3rd team.

– D’Aundre Reed is lasted as the backup left DE and Nick Reed backs up Jared Allen at right DE.

– Tyrone McKenzie is in the lead for backup middle LB duties, with Audie Cole listed as the 3rd-team middle LB. Everson Griffen is also with the 3rd-team, listed at the weakside LB position.

– Marcus Sherels backs up Antoine Winfield at one CB position and Chris Carr is behind Chris Cook at the other CB spot. Based on my observations at practice, Carr would be ahead of Sherels in any 3-CB defensive alignment.

– Mistral Raymond and Jamarca Sanford are listed as starters at safety, with Harrison Smith behind Sanford at FS and Eric Frampton behind Raymond at FS. This is a fluid position, and Smith has been getting more and more reps with the 1st-team.

– Percy Harvin is listed as the top kickoff returner and Sherels is listed #1 at punt returner. Sherels also backs up Harvin at kickoff return and rookie WR Jarius Wright is listed as the backup punt returner.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in All | 147 Comments »

147 Responses to “Vikings Issue First Depth Chart Of Preseason”

1. By PurplHaze on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

First!!!

2. By PurplHaze on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

You mean “Smith behind Sanford at SS”, right?

After all the “Hoopla”, Griffin only makes 3rd team?

Surprising for me, is that Robinson isn’t mentioned ANYWHERE on here???

3. By Bluebird7. on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Wow, lets get this show on the road!!

4. By thenaj17 on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

What is with the ‘first!!’ rubbish on here? Is it a competition to who is the biggest saddo having too much spare time to sit and wait for new blogs to be posted??

Anyway, Agree with you that Griffin should be getting better reps than 3rd team. Throw him in there with the first string LB’s. Not like we have a deep team at LB spot.

Also Robinson is surprising unless he has an injury. Not even 2nd string CB or return duties? Maybe he is 3rd for all positions, safety included.

5. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Harrison Smith still hasnt beaten out Jamarca Sanford yet?

Im getting worried.

6. By Odin on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I would think that there is a replacemnt for Harvin at KR. I honestly wouldnt put a guy that valuable in that position when he is needed, and needed healthy at WR. Time will tell all and I like the depth that has been developed so far. SKOL Vikes!

7. By T.HARRIS on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I believe Griffin will be first team it’s just viewing things differently right now,so when he gets with first team it should be awesome.I predict the Vikes to win 6 at home and 4 on the road.We will be dark horse this year and threatening in postseason.You can take that to the BANK.

8. By Parody on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Assuming that Harvin is only going to be returning kicks when we need a spectacular return, the KR and PR chart both show Sherels leading the pack, followed by Wright and then Robinson. So right now Sherels is the guy because he has a year of experience at it, but in time I expect one or both of the rookies to take over.

If the defensinve depth chart showed a Nickel CB, I think it would be more accurate. Right now Sherels is #2 behind Winfield at LCB, with Robinson burried behind Cook and Carr at RCB. If there was a NCB, I’d expect it to be Winfield, Sherels and Robinson, with Robinson moving in front of Sherels after a few regular season games or earlier.

I like Sherels, but I think we can do better with other guys on the team.

9. By Parody on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Here’s what I expect to be the depth chart by the time the season begins (listing extra positions for different packages):
    LDE – Robison, Reed
    DT – Williams, Ballard, Guyton
    NT – Guion, Evans, Griffen (in passing downs as a second DT in place of a NT)
    RDE – Allan, Owusu
    SLB – Greenway, Dean
    MLB – Brinkley, McKenzie, Griffen
    WLB – Henderson, Griffen, Mitchèll
    LCB – Winfield, Carr, Robinson
    NCB – Winfield, Robinson, Sherels
    SS – Smith, Raymond
    FS – Sanford, Blanton, Sandejo
    RCB – Cook, Carr, Robinson
    DCB – Robinson, Sherels

10. By Bluebird7 on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I believe using Harvin on kick-off returns would be like asking him to step out in front of a bus. we need him more as a slot player and other quick dump-off pass catch and run. Use his fast, running capabilites..We don’t need him dinged up.

11. By Troutdaddy on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Parody- I think you are right on there. Nice list. Spencer- As good as Harrison is going to be, Sanford has shoed some great improvement so Harrison has got his work cut out for him. I think this is going to be a good competition here. Like you- I hope he gets the nod.

12. By Frederick Jones on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

3 out of 4 Vikings.com visitors are from out of state. Yeah and I can squat 2000 pounds.

13. By Frederick Jones on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

@T. Harris,

Perhaps Griffen will play both LB and DL interchangeably. He is a large linebacker and may not learn the position quickly, although I hope he does.

8-8 don’t rush me mate.

14. By Frederick Jones on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

@Parody,

If you have Marcus Sherels at #2 LCB, he makes the team.

Sherels is quick, you cannot coach that.

15. By Rudso on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I also don’t like Percy being our Kick Return guy. How many times have I heard or read on here that the Vikings have a hand full of guys who are cable return guys but they want to risk arguably our 2 best player on the team?!?

Who knows, maybe that’s one of the things Percy was upset about with his role on the team, maybe he WANTS to be the main kick off return guy. But his “I’m going to hit you first” playing style scares me. Percy only knows 1 speed.

I love seeing Percy used on the swing around runs and sometimes lined up as a RB on a motion play, and maybe only let him return a kick in a close game but I rather see Josh Robinson return. Even if he’s just an average kick returner, his speed alone will give us decent position and maybe a return or 2 during the season.

16. By Rudso on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

As for the Viking Safeties, I want to see Smith and Raymond start. I think this pair will be the most physical and our best ball hawks. I could see them becoming an above average pair of safeties…………….. can’t wait for the first pre-season!

17. By SoCalVike on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Vikings vs 49ers game will be shown on NFL Network 2:00 am eastern time Friday night

18. By Tark on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

WOW-Bleacher report has published a great article on the Purple Gang. It reads, “DO NOT SLEEP ON THE VIKINGS”. What I really took away from the article, is that the Vikings have nowhere to go but up! They talk about the past six years and how the ex-staff and personell have actually hurt the Vikings. Then they go on to talk about how the current staff is re-building in a very efficent way. It gave me a lot of hope and really put things into perspective. Look, the Vikings are not going to be div champs this year, but in a few years, when the Vikings are entering their prime, the other NFC north teams will be on the backside of their prime. That is a darn good thing! As long as this organization stays the course, we can expect great things with the Minnesota Vikings in the years to come.
    SKOL!!!!

19. By caliviking on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I think we should let harvin return 2 returns per game to much talent not to do look at it this way. Two returns a game equals 32 returns a year,out of those 32 I think he can take atleast 5 of those to the house thats 35 points. Last year we lost about 7 or 8 games by 9 points or less

20. By jesse on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I have to agree with purple haze. This whole offseason was a big show of false hope that we were gonna be a decent team this year, but from what i read here and the first copy of the starting line ups I can tell it’s gonna be another loooong dissapointing year. I’m pretty sure it’s time for a new coaching crew!! come on zigi, somethings gotta give here.

21. By therealdon on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Way to think positive. some of you guys just ask waaayyyy too much of the franchise. It’s a rebuilding year, do you really expect them to compete for the div? That is the goal, but have some realistic expectations. The Vikes won’t be a great team this year, but for what they were last season, and what has happened this offseason, things look better for the future. I mean talk about negativity, geesh!

22. By Tark on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Hey guys, remember. This is a preseason depth chart. I suspect it will be different come week one.

23. By Spoileralert on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Why is it, that when someone complains about not having very good talent on the team, that they want to fire the coaching staff? Does a carpenter who is given a hatchet for a hammer efficently build a house? No, he needs a good hammer to do so. Give Les the rest of this season before you start chanting Fire Childress. Talk about Mob mentality.

24. By Frederick Jones on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

*This is the year for the 8-8, don’t rush me rate.

Young QBs, young team, new coaches.

Yes, we have talent, but we are not at the top of our game.

Hopefully a weaker schedule will help out significantly, and we might
    be playing our best football in December.

25. By SkolVikes98 on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

@FredrickJones —- I am from out of state.

26. By Sir Greasy Panda on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

k.——–1
    p.——–1
    d.l.——8
    l.b’s—–7
    d.b.’s—-9

Total–53 players

Let the preseason begin,and let the better man win!

28. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

By therealdon on Aug 7, 2012 | Reply
    By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 7, 2012 | Reply
    Sorry Wobbles– wrong sport.
    One of the main challenges to covering a NFL team during training camp is covering all the bases.
    _________________________________________________________________
    The real Titus would have written a post like this.
    One of the main challenges IN covering AN NFL team during training camp, (note the comma) is to cover all bases. (also note the use of an, instead of a. although an is generally used prior to a following word that begins with a vowel, it can be used prior to an abbreviation, such as NFL. Go back to school fake titus.

______________________________________________________________________ Hey RealDon, in case you did not notice, the part you corrected was directly copied and pasted from Wobbles article. The Real Titus really posted that.

29. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Two nights till pre-season. Unreal.

30. By rocksalt on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

RIGHT ON FRED!…………… 8-8

31. By rocksalt on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I agree with Spencer on Harrison Smith blog

32. By tdurfeightyeight on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Why did everyone on here believe Smith played strong side…and spare me the b.s.

33. By Parody on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Two nights till pre-season. Unreal.

You meant to say “Two nights UNTIL pre-season.THAT IS unreal.” Right?

We’re going to need some consistency if you expect us to be able to identify the fakes.

34. By Parody on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

tdurf – My recollection is that was the advertised position for Smith when he was drafted. My understanding is that it really doesn’t make much of a difference for our defense though. A safety is expected to do the same things regardless of which side of the field he’s covering for our defense.

35. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Parody, I am not at the university right now. Great writers use phrases and fragments all the time. I stick with the way I wrote my last post. This is the real Titus. Picky, picky Parody!

36. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I hope we lose to the niners and look so so. Don’t let them see what we will deliver during the regular season.

37. By rocksalt on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Practice/Play to win. PERIOD! enough of this ” I wont show you what I really can do B.S.” REALLY? THIS GAME IS THAT COMPLEX??? LAST I CHECKED IT WAS PASS, RUN, BLOCK TACKLE………….

38. By rocksalt on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

GIVE ME A FRIKKIN BREAK! NON PLAYERS TRY TO MAKE THIS GAME ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!

39. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Rocksalt, welcome back. Good to hear you whine. How is the painting coming?

40. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Shoulda drafted Janoris Jenkins.

The fact that Harrison Smith still hasn’t been able to beat out Jamarca Sanfords worthless ass tells me that hes a scrub.

41. By rocksalt on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Good, Titus……Thank you for welcoming me back. I do enjoy your blogs
    very much.

42. By tdurfeightyeight on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Jenkins is a criminal…stay tuned

43. By rocksalt on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

And how are you, my friend?

44. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Janoris Jenkins is a starter. Smith might ride the pine.

45. By tdurfeightyeight on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

He played free safety with the Irish…I don’t care what kind of defense the Vikes plan on using tampa two,man,man-zone whatever…one safety needs to be the brains and the other brings the brawn…Smith ran the defense at Norte Dame and was considered a free safety from the get go.

46. By tdurfeightyeight on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Jenkins is and always will be a huge risk…he’s got orange jumpsuit written all over him.

47. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Well we will all see how he looks in the pre-season. I have never been so excited for pre-season football in my life.

We have so many unknowns on this years team.

48. By Be Sane on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

@rocksalt-do not be fooled by the imposter Titus. The real Titus wouldn’t likely use the shortened version of until. Although the word “till” has been around much longer than it’s extended cousin (around 800 c.e.), the extended version is seen as more formal and is used by most grammatical scholars. Nice try fake Titus, but you certainly need to go back to school.

49. By tdurfeightyeight on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Peace and goodnight…signing off for now

50. By Be Sane on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Oops, I am not supposed to be here for awhile. See you guys in about a month!!
    Baroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

51. By Tark on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Nice take rocksalt. Too many armchair QB’s, who have never played the game, make football much more complicated than it should be.

52. By yortzme on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

What I have seen from the practices is that Harrison has done well. He is vocal and is responding to plays as well as anyone. Alan Williams has said he expects players to earn the spot. That is why Smith has not beaten any one out of the starting job. I think Raymond has some good ball hawking ability. Harrison and Raymond will be the starters soon. It fallows the whole “getting younger” idea.

53. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Ahh thats the Rocksalt I know, the guy that wears his heart on his sleeve.

54. By yortzme on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Sorry Titus, that should have been FOLLOWS not FALLOWS. Don’t reprimand me

55. By Be Sane on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

It’s ok yortzme, most in here make mistakes much worse than a typo.

56. By Be Sane on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

@Imposter Titus-One more thing. Great writers seldom use fragments, that is what makes them great writers.

57. By Be Sane on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Two nights till pre-season. Unreal.
    _________________________________________________________________
    One more mistake, fake Titus. It should read like this.
    Two nights untill preseason, unreal. Rather than using the word “unreal” as a lone sentence (which is a fragment by the way), you should have utilized the comma and added the word following its use. Also, when writing the word preseason, you need not add a dash. The only time you use a dash is when using the word season as an action verb such as pre-seasoning.

58. By yortzme on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Watched Mr. McLeod through 50+ yard bombs after practice on Monday. Webb was out there too, but his throws were not as pretty and didn’t go as far. I’m telling all, Mr. McLeod will not stay on our practice squad someone is sure to pick him up.

59. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Hey — Be Sane, very funny. I use the word “till” quite often. I am not as haughty as you imagine– stop trying to box Titus in. Actually, I enjoy creative writing very much– away with formalities. This is the real Titus.

60. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I am great Rocksalt- thanks for asking. Am working on a Chicago Manual handout for the writing center — so occasionally, due to the dryness of the work, I may pop in and do a

Now that was the real thing-

61. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Be Sane must be Parody. Can’t fool Titus.

62. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Only one way to prove if its the real Titus.

Titus, do you like milk?

63. By Be Sane on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

lactose intollerant

64. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Ha, no. I love milk!

65. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

By Spencer on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply
    Titus- are you lactose intolerant?
    ———————————————————————————————
    By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply
    No Spencer, just not a fan of milk– not as healthy as many people think it is. I do have ice cream– and cannot resist an occasional milk shake.

Yup, that “Titus”/ “Be Sane” is a fake.

Goodnight.

66. By Herr Von Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Acht der Leiben!

67. By Be Sane on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer-The lactose comment was in regards to your question a few weeks ago. I assumed you would make the connection.

68. By spoiler alert on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Well, judging by spencer’s question, and the reaction from both “titus” and “be sane”, I believe them both to be fakes. Good Show Spencer!

69. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Who ever you are. Knock it off and stop using my name. I am getting real sick of this. QUIT IT YOU MORON!

70. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Sir Spencer– unfortunately there is someone playing games tonight– none of the Be Sane postings are mine on this particular blog– and that last Titus Flavius was a fake as well. What nonsense. I am outta here! Got work to do. Thanks Spencer for knowing how to spot a fake. Any more postings before the Niners game are fake.

71. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

@bloggers-Rocksalt,Spencer, guys. Do not believe the imposter

72. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Alright “Be Sane”/ “Titus” another question.

Which one of these teams will make the AFC Championship Game

-Raiders
    -Broncos
    -Texans
    -Bills
    -Patriots
    -Jaguars

73. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Oh– make that two Titus Flavius– I don’t call people morons very often– a very nasty word if you know its origins. Now I am gone. See ya– and Spencer, stay away from the World of Warcraft.

74. By spoiler alert on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

HAHAH, they are both fakes!

75. By Be Sane on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

@ Spencer- The Buffalo Bills my friend!

76. By Be Sane on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I told you guys I would not be blogging under the name Titus anymore.

77. By Be Sane on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Anyway, the Bills and the Ravens. I stick by my comment!
    Barooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

78. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Lucky guess.

But whatever, tired of the childish games.

Lets get back on topic.

79. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

He could of looked that up, you know

80. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

UGH– Titus, that was a horrible error you just made. Anyone remotely educated in English would never ever have done that! Ha! Okay, I am back to work. I cannot stand that error, though.

81. By Parody on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Titus – I’m offended. Go back and look at those Be Sane posts and tell me how you can possible accuse me of being the imposter. For one, I don’t need to guess when using the posessive form of it. For another, why would I use “Be Sane” when your primary alternate of that form is “Be Sane and Serious”, or “Be Sane and Serious and Love All Baby”?

Also, at one point he “corrects” you by telling you to use “untill” instead of “till”. I’m sure you can see the problem there.

And finally, everyone who has anything more than a passing familiarity with the true Titus knows how to spell BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

In short, if I were going to be your imposter, you would be the only one able to identify the fake.

82. By ponderthefuture on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

i’m hoping by the first regular season game josh robinson should be backup at one CB spot instead of sherels

83. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Chill Parody– actually complimenting you. I think the imposter said something about till dating back to 800– so I thought that must be Parody. Who else would do research like that?

84. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

You guys are all fake to tell the truth.

85. By Immure on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Spencer- I think you need to practice a little patience when it comes to the vikings rookies before calling them scrubs. You praise players such as Brent Grimes and Victor Cruz but both of them didn’t become full time starters until their third season.

86. By Frederick Jones on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

rocksalt,

We agree on two things…8-8 and the fact that football is still blocking and tackling.

We will find out more about the Vikings during the first pre-season game!!!

87. By Frederick Jones on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Marcus Sherels might be the quickest player on the Vikings. Don’t over look Sherels in Minnesota!!!

88. By KoN on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I’m confused as to how many fake Tituses there are. Is it two? Is it three? Is it one person trying to create confusion? Is it Titus himself playing a trick on us all? I DON’T KNOW WHAT’S REAL AND WHAT’S FAKE ANYMORE!!!

89. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

They’re all fake KoN. Including Frederick Jones.

90. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

And immure you do make a good point, patience is a virtue!

91. By KoN on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I know who the imposter is, it’s Spencer!

92. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I knew someone was going to blame me eventually, but no, its not me.

93. By KoN on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Lol, I have never actually thought you were the imposter, but everyone used to blame you and I feel like it has kind of become a running joke that you get blamed any time that there is an imposter.

94. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I knew it was Spencer all along!!!

95. By Spencer on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Not even me…

96. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Probably was Vikingsfool.

97. By helterskelter on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

That dumba$$ is too stupid to think of that

98. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

I was thinking it actually was Van Gogh.

99. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

Anyway, anyone could do that– it was not that clever.

100. By VegasVike on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

This Titus stuff is nonsense. What happened to the good old days when everyone got along??

101. By TBurbs on Aug 8, 2012 | Reply

102. By Parody on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

The good ol days never existed. There was always somebody fighting or angry. If anything, you’re only remembering the good parts.

103. By Sir Greasy Panda on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

what is going on in here? you guys are getting crazy. the season needs to start so you guys can start finding new topics to fight about.

104. By Sir Greasy Panda on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

cant wait til the season starts, then i get to hear everyone complain about Wobby, or coach frazier, or spielman. Then have all the packer trolls come on here and try to fight with us.

105. By Deer Tracks on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

Oh of course not. No one could be as clever, as the ever condescending, Titus.

106. By Deer Tracks on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

It was probably Spencer.

107. By rogerthevikefan on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

@Titus
    Do you pre-season chicken before cooking it?

108. By rogerthevikefan on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

Vikingfool is MIA. Have not seen him for about a week.

109. By Titus Maximus on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

@rodgerthevikefan
    You never pre-season chicken you just season it. The you eat it you don’t pre-eat it. You donkey.

110. By TheValentine84 on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

Everyone complaining about griffen, smith, robinson, and wright only being on the 2nd and 3rd teams should be happy because during the preseason the 1st team only plays a drive or 2 at most, so having these players on the 2nd and 3rd teams will mean much more playing time to ultimately see what we have with those players. If griffen or smith were handed the 1st team spot we wouldn’t see much of them during preseason. It’s a smart move on the coaches part in my opinion.

111. By megakrab on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

I agree with TheV on that. I’m excited to see them play more. It’ll make watching the backups a little more exciting.

112. By Frederick Jones on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer,

Jones never left. Some how the purple left on my name. But I a.s.s.u.r.e. you I am still the same jones.

Friday night is game time for the Vikings!!!

113. By Parody on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

I disagree with TheValentine. Just because the first team generally comes off the field earlier does not mean that it is a requirement. It is completely up to the coach how many snaps each player gets to play in any game.

Remember back when Denny Green was running the team? He’d throw the first-stringers back in the game if he ever thought there was a possibility of losing in the preseason. That’s why he had such a good preseason record.

114. By Meekay on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

New NFL columnist Adam Schein believes that the Vikings will be so bad that they will be one of only 2 teams that the Browns have a shot at beating.

I’ll be waiting for him to eat those words!

115. By Titus Maximus on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

Will he eat them with a fork?

116. By Bluebird7 on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

will try again to post..

for those Viking Fans in viewing range of Sioux Falls South Dakota, KSFY will be broad casting the 49er/Viking Game check the time.

117. By Bluebird7 on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

I checked the time for you, Preseason game Vikings at 49ers is on at 8PM CST.

118. By rocksalt on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

got it Real Titus……..this frikkin site put me in timeout after only 5 blogs…..

119. By rocksalt on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

a$$hole imposters…….

120. By Deer Tracks* on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

That Swine got me twice above..

121. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

DeerTracks contracted Swine Flu?

122. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

Less than 24 hours to kickoff!!!

123. By VegasVike on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

Watching (sorta) the bears-broncos game and the announcers said the ref’s are scrubs because of a contract dispute. Too bad we didn’t have ref scrubs in the 2009 conference game. Maybe they wouldn’t have been so Katrina biased to look the other way while the Saints ILLEGALLY pummeled our QB Brett Favre!

124. By VegasVike on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

Yea I hold grudges and yes I can’t let it go. Call me immature or call me a die hard fan, take your pick. We were robbed. I saw it during the game and I still feel it now. It’s the NFL’s fault as much as it is the saints. Is it politics or is it football??

125. By Frederick Jones on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

@VegasVike,

They used to do a lot worse in the old days of NFL football than what the Saints did to the Vikings. Besides how thrilling would it be for them to re-write history. The jones is not for it.

126. By Frederick Jones on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

@VegasVike,

I don’t consider it immature to feel bad about losses which should not have been. Consider the Vikings loss to the 1975 Cowboys in the NFC title game. Drew Pearson pushed off, and scored on a “Hail Mary” play.

But we move on.

127. By Richard1A on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

Preparing for the Vikings Drekar ship to pull into San Fransisco bay and deliver the Purple Punch,,,,,,should be arriving shortly!

128. By VegasVike on Aug 9, 2012 | Reply

Coulda shoulda woulda… The 98 knee, the hail mary, the horrible 09 officiating
    I still bleed purple, I remember my dad screaming at the black and white TV, I just hope for a ring someday to be proud of

129. By sunnyazvike on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

Dale moss had a good night.

130. By megakrab on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

I have direcTV NFL ticket and i don’t get all the preseason games…. ROBBED of the glory of watching the first game of the year even if it doesn’t count. NOOOOOO!!!!

131. By megakrab on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

These guys have no faith in the Vikings at all.

132. By viks8&8 on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

EJ Henderson will visit with the Packers to talk about filling spot left empty from Desmond Bishops Injury last night. Say it isnt so EJ Dont go green and gold.

133. By Mike B. on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

NO New Blog before the game Come ON Wobby. Give us a nice new place to talk Vikings Football. Beat them Niners.

134. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!NEW BLOG AT GAME TIME!!!!!

135. By 61Vikings on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

@Fred Jones
    That was not the NFC title game between the Vikes/Cowboys in ’75, that was a divisional playoff game!! That team and the ’98 Vikes may have been the best teams to never make it to a Superbowl!!

136. By 61Vikings on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

Am I seeing that right under transactions on 8/6/12, that the Vikes waived Greg Childs?? What, is that right??

137. By KoN on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

Any body see Rodgers’ stat line from last night? Not good (if your a Packer’s fan that is), I’m sure he wasn’t really trying his hardest, but he was 2/8 for 16 yards, 1 INT, and 1 fumble (although the fumble was James Starks’ fault).

138. By KoN on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

61Vikings, they had to waive Childs in order to put him on injured reserve. The team isn’t getting rid of him, it is just part of the process.

139. By Troutdaddy on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

Ok, 2 things here. First- this “Who is the real Titus” stuff is just stupid. If you can’t come on here and post with a single title and have to pretend you are someone else, then you are an absolute idiot poser. What are you, 10 yearls old?
    Secondly, I am totally stoked to see how the offense and O-line handle the 49ers as well as how our CB’s do. To hear that Harvin and Harrison mixed it up a bit has got me pumped up to see that type of intensity. As my family are all 49er fans, I am so hoping that the Vikes can get the win- even if it is just a preseason game. I want to see our D wreek havoc with the QB’s so that they are rushed and that we see some great picks by our newbies… Man I am giddy to watch. Game is on NFL Network at midnight. Gonna take a nap about 5 pm so I can be ready!

140. By Troutdaddy on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

Why am I so worried about other people impersonating other people? Becasues I am an imposter myself. For years I have been pretending to not be a loser.

I should just move to San Fran with the rest of my Rainbow Loving Family

141. By Richard1A on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

Dragon headed Vikings ships landing in S.F. S.F. will be facing possibly the most fearsome, awesome Defense to ever play football!

142. By Richard1A on Aug 10, 2012 | Reply

The “Berzerk Gang” is leaving the ship………preparing to hand out the Purple Punch…ladies, young old you might want to turn your heads…this is going to be ugly,,,,,SKOL going on there!

143. By coconut oil uses on Apr 22, 2013 | Reply

Furthermore, its qualities improve the immune functions of the body; prevent heart disease, diabetes,
    cancer and much more. Some sources even say that
    it is more effective than medicated dandruff shampoos and conditioners.
    The reason is it’s been established across the industry.

144. By vikingsfool on Jun 10, 2013 | Reply

HAHAHAH, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, YOU STOOPID MORONS!!!! I WAS THE IMPOSTER!!!

145. By Thomas Lionel on Jul 2, 2013 | Reply

Very good blog you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics discussed in this article? I’d really love to be a part of community where I can get advice from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks! North Richland Hills Roofing Contractors, 6709 Starnes Rd., North Richland Hills, TX, 76182, US, 817-330-8009

146. By Manuel on Mar 7, 2014 | Reply

It is in reality a great and helpful piece of information.
    I am happy that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us
    up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

147. By Mobile adult chatroulette on Jun 23, 2014 | Reply

You’ve got a real talent fοr words.