Looking Back On A Busy Monday At Vikings Training Camp

Posted by Mike Wobschall on July 30, 2012 – 4:56 pm

Monday was a busy day at 2012 Verizon Vikings Training Camp. It began with a typical morning walk-thru and concluded with the team’s first padded practice of camp. In between, the Vikings announced that Matt Blair would become the 20th member of the team’s Ring of Honor, Adrian Peterson went to the hospital and Percy Harvin left practice with an injury.

Where do we begin? Let’s start with Peterson. Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier disclosed to reporters after the team’s afternoon practice that Peterson had been taken to the hospital because of an allergic reaction to seafood he ate during lunch.

“He’s back now, in the dorm, resting,” Frazier said. “He’s doing fine. He’ll pick back up with his rehab. He’s been cleared. Everything is back to normal now. Little bit of a scare, but he’s fine.”

As for Harvin, he appeared to have some sort of hand injury midway through practice and eventually went into the locker room for evaluation. Harvin emerged a short time later, worked on the side with a trainer, and then returned to practice.

Earlier in the day, the Vikings announced that Blair would be inducted into the team’s Ring of Honor on Thursday evening, October 25 at halftime of their game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Blair played LB for the Vikings from 1974-85 and still ranks second in team history with 1,452 tackles. He also has more sacks (23.0) and INTs (16) than any other LB in team history.

On Monday we conducted interviews with Blair, Vikings Owner Zygi Wilf and TE Kyle Rudolph. Stay tuned to vikings.com for those interviews and much more coverage from training camp.

Tags: , , ,

17 Responses to “Looking Back On A Busy Monday At Vikings Training Camp”

1. By Snookj on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

1st

2. By Parody on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

One more great reason to avoid all seafood! If it can send the great AD to the hospital, then nobody is safe.

I was seriously concerned though when I first saw that. I jumped to the conclusion that he had done something to aggravate his knee injury. Wobby almost sent me to the hospital with that!

3. By Spencer on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Toby really wants that starting gig..

4. By Parody on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Rather surprising to see 23 is the most sacks any LB has had with the team over their career. It tells me that we need to use more blitzes. I know we have a great defensive line, but it would help to add some confusion if the QB knows that he has to constantly be watching out for a LB to be breathing down his neck too. Maybe that’ll be Griffen’s new job. I wonder whether they’ll count him as a LB or DE at the end of his career if he is able to break Blair’s record…

5. By Snookj on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Wobs… Like Spencer, I’d like to know how Bobby Felder is looking thus far.. I saw the pic where he was lined up against Percy.. I know this kid can play the game.. With the secondary we’ve had, I can see him making this team. So give us some info on how the guy looks..

6. By Spencer on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Felder got an INT??????????

7. By TampaNorseman on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

So much for getting much info on the first day with pads. Coverage of this Camp is awful so far…from all media sources. The Title of your Article “Looking Back On A Busy Monday at Vikings Training Camp” is almost longer than the Article itself! Bad enough when the National Media rag on the Vikes everyday but then the local and Team Media is nearly as indifferent. Every year I hope that we will get better coverage for those of us who live in other parts of the Country to no avail. Same old grade school level posts.

8. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, Wobbles, you do not non-nonchalantly begin with — and in between a typical walk through and playing in pads, AP went to the hospital. Next headline will be UFOs land at Winter Park.

9. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

But I must mention Parody, I love seafood and eat it by the ton weekly– and I have never been sick from it.

10. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

I find it odd with all the money spent on the human resources of a football team, with all the focus on their health and bodies, that a lunch at practice could end in a hospital visit. Something is fishy.

11. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Nobody knew about the dietary needs and restrictions of a hundred million dollar man who makes a living because of a healthy body?

12. By jmbvikes on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

now he knows!

13. By sam on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

good thing Harvin is alright, i was scared for a second.

14. By celticvikingwarrior on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

That’s the trouble with allergies, you never know until you are exposed. He tried something new, now he know’s ! How many people, especially people who think they are indestuctable, go and get tested for random allergies ?

CONGRADULATION’S TO MATT BLAIR–IT’S LOOOOONG OVERDUE !!!Along with Seimen(sp?) and Studwell, our best LB’s EVER.
    If he had been used like Lawrence Taylor he could have had over 200 sack’s. As it is he still has more blocked kick’s than 90% of the team’s do in their existence…

15. By celticvikingwarrior on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Parody–Back in the day, so to speak, LB’s just didn’t BLITZ,, they played their position. Blitzing LB’s didn’t really come into play until Lawrence Taylor, but OH MAN, if BLAIR had been used that way, he would have had OVER 200 sack’s and been in the HALL OF FAME, where he belong’s anyway in my opiinion…
    He was a 6′-5″-245 lb basketball playin FREAK who could FLY (run) and SKY (jump)

16. By Parody on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

celtic – Wish I could have seen him play. Sounds like he would have been fun to watch. Back in high school I played LB, so it makes the position a bit more important to me. I’ve kept a close eye on them on our team, and it seems to have gotten worse and worse over the past 3-5 years.

17. By mlove on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

I to would like to know how Bobby Felder is doing. Is he returning kicks also