Notes From Friday Walk-Thru And Practice; Solid Start For Offense

Posted by Mike Wobschall on July 27, 2012 – 5:19 pm

The first walk-thru and practice of 2012 Verizon Vikings Training Camp is in the books, as the Vikings conducted their one-hour walk-thru this morning and then worked for roughly two hours and 15 minutes in the afternoon. Coaches and players were available to reporters after both workouts, and Head Coach Leslie Frazier also met with reporters via press conference after the walk-thru.

There are a number of topics to touch on following Friday’s action, so let’s be brief with several topics rather than long-winded with just a few…

Peterson to Active/PUP; Burton, Shuler on NFI
Frazier announced during his press conference that RB Adrian Peterson will begin camp on the Active/Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, which simply means that he won’t take part in the walk-thrus or practices and will instead work on the side with the training and strength staffs. This is not an unexpected development. The Vikings can remove Peterson from the PUP list at any time. Two other players – WR Stephen Burton (toe) and TE Mickey Shuler (heel) – were both placed on the Active/Non-Football Injury list. Frazier both would be day-to-day because neither injury is considered serious.

Solid first practice for offense
The offense was slow-to-go in their first practice of Organized Team Activities (OTAs), but eventually hit their stride and showed great improvement. It was a much different start for the offense in training camp. For a first practice of camp, Friday’s workout went well for the offense. I saw a number of players make diving catches (John Carlson, Percy Harvin, Jerome Simpson), LB Chad Greenway was as vocal as I’ve heard him, OL coach Jeff Davidson was pleased with the way his offensive line worked during individual drills, etc. QB Christian Ponder told me while walking off the field after practice that Friday’s workout was probably better than any of the OTA practices they held during the offseason. Obviously there’s a ways to go, but Friday was a solid start.

Griffen focusing on LB
There was a lot of talk this offseason about the possibility of Everson Griffen transitioning from DE to LB. The talk is over now because it’s actually happening. Griffen worked with the LBs during Friday’s practice and Frazier said that’s where he wants Griffen to focus his undivided attention.

“He’s an outstanding athlete, was a great special teams player for us a year ago,” Frazier said. “Played in multiple positions for us a year ago at linebacker and then at defensive end. With his athletic ability, we want to try to find a way to get him on the field a little bit more.”

Griffen shed 18 pounds this offseason to get within the team’s ideal range for a player at his position, and Frazier described Griffen as extremely motivated to show what he can do at LB.

Competition at RG
Brandon Fusco opened camp with the first team at RG, an expected development. The position will be one to watch this camp and preseason as the Vikings look to solidify an offensive line that is poised to take a big step forward in 2012. Frazier indicated the competition would include Fusco, Chris DeGeare and Geoff Schwartz, and that ideally the team would name a starter by the third preseason game (at home vs. San Diego).

“We’ll let those guys compete and battle it out,” Frazier said, “and hopefully we’ll be a better team with whichever one ends up winning the job.”

Many competing for punt return duties
Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer said this offseason that he’s pleased with the number of players on the Vikings roster who have the ability to cleanly field kicks. He said he’s been to teams where they struggled to find one player who could consistently do it. This year in Minnesota, Priefer has a bevy of players competing for opportunities. On Friday the following players took turns fielding punts from Chris Kluwe: CB Bobby Felder, DB Reggie Jones, CB Josh Robinson, CB Marcus Sherels, WR Kerry Taylor, CB Nick Taylor, WR Bryan Walters and WR Jarius Wright.

Robinson is fast
Speaking of Robinson, there was a moment early in practice on Friday where he put his quick burst on display. It happened during a special teams period of practice where Robinson was in the rotation to field punts. A punt heading his way got caught up in the wind and tumbled down to the ground well short of where Robinson was positioned. It’s a cardinal sin for punt returners to let the ball hit the ground, and it only compounds the problem when a returner lets the ball hit the ground and then tries to pick it up after more than one bounce. In an effort to not let the ball bounce more than once, Robinson turned on the jets and covered six yards as fast as I’ve ever seen, getting his hands under the ball at the last second before it bounced a second time.

Later in practice, Robinson pulled up with what appeared to be a leg injury of some kind. No word on what kind of injury it is or how serious.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

123 Responses to “Notes From Friday Walk-Thru And Practice; Solid Start For Offense”

1. By Spencer on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

So J-rob decides to wait till the last min to sign the highest contract possible, then on the 2nd day of training camp he pulls up with hamstring injury?

Oh well, that just opens the door for Bobby Felder.

2. By ibleedvikingpurple on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

I distinctly noticed you didn’t mention Percy as fielding any punt returns. Am I to take it that is not going to be one of his duties this year? Does that mean he will be able to focus solely on his receiving and running? As dynamite as I think he can be in the punt return, I am encouraged by the “hope” that he will not have to do that this year, thereby saving the wear and tear on himself and being able to support the offense more.

3. By sandiamond on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

I was a rough day for Jrob no matter how wobs spins it. He got burned on a go route by j. wright . Did he stay in shape, grind or do anything during his holdout??

4. By Mike Wobschall on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

He didn’t holdout. There were no Vikings holdouts this year.

5. By Carl K on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

ibleedvikingpurple- Percy is not a punt returner, he is a kick returner. Yes, you can take it that returning punts will not be one of his duties this year.

I can imagine he would be outstanding at returning punts… once he caught it.

catching it is the adventure.

6. By Bill on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

If you watch how Percy catches kickoffs, you can tell why they don’t have him on punt returns. He tries to catch it above his head. That is way too much risk for a punt returner. That outweighs the potential reward of Percy returning punts.

7. By Spencer on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Wow Bill- you’re right! Just watched highlights of Percy returning kicks and he does always try to catch it above his head. Good eye!

8. By novascotiavike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Not really true, Wobschall. In the minds of many of this site’s bloggers, you are still “holding out” on the truth behind the changes to this blog.

9. By Spencer on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

I wonder if the players are watching the Olympics in their dorms on tape-delay like how the rest of America is?

10. By snookj on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer.. I’m with you, JRob injures a hammy on the first official practice day.. Hope its not serious.. But I think we’ll see Bobby Felder shine bright when given the opportunity..
    @Wobs.. How did the secondary look overall? Do we look to be better?

11. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Here, here Nova!

12. By rogerthevikefan on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

JRob’s injury gives other guys a chance to show that they can be special. B. Burton and Felder will likely benefit from this the most. Wobschall you didn’t mention Todman making Bowman look like a old man.

13. By Spencer on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Haha what happened with Bowman?

14. By rogerthevikefan on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Ponder and Rudolph did great today also. Ponder completed 11-12 p@sses while Webb was inaccurate.

15. By rogerthevikefan on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Todman burst through and ran for around 80 yards leaving Bowman in a cloud of dust. Bowman said he is fast. (paraphrased)

16. By sandiamond on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Half of our defensive backs are trying out for the punt returner slot with Sherels holding the job currently. Looks to me like Priefer could go ahead and narrow the field next week and let the others get down to business!

17. By novascotiavike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CAwQqQIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.nationalpost.com%2F2012%2F07%2F23%2Flobster-fishermen-finding-more-odd-colors-blue-orange-white-in-the-catch%2F&ei=B1MTUJG8OsLnrAGm74GYCA&usg=AFQjCNH1YY8YkEIpDHmR14qpnSjPjAtw8g&sig2=wdRsmStC37P3YkSQHTyFgw TITUS, as you know, they all taste fantastic !

18. By Frederick Jones on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

@Mike Wobschall,

Nova is correct in that the bloggers deserve some explaination for the “timeouts” given here for the last two months.

19. By novascotiavike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Fred, Thanks for the back-up.

20. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

That one orange lobster’s eyes were intense– she was watching the cameraman.

21. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

I wanted to come east in mid August– hopefully I still can.

22. By VegasVike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

I feel violated

23. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Well, we could protest and boycott the blog, demanding to know what was behind the time outs and for Wobbles to come clean– admit he was not upfront with us and apologize. But I am not wasting my energy– it is over. Last night some of us posted right out of the country– I did 40 posts.

24. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Vegas, by the lobsters?

25. By VegasVike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Funny you should say that Titus, I just bought 10 pounds of tails from my buddy who services the casinos. I’ll be grilling tomorrow night for the family. Can yo make it?

26. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for the offer, but I cannot — besides if I were there, 10lbs would not go far– I am a humongous eater.

27. By novascotiavike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Oh man, Vegas, you’re missing the claws !

28. By VegasVike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Have you ever heard of egg-coffee? I’m on a Albert Lea website and they speak of egg-coffee. Have you ever heard of it?

29. By novascotiavike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

You guys really should check out vikingsfootballblog.com. No Fake names, impersonators or room-temperature IQ’s.

30. By VegasVike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

I cant get on Nova, I tried. I’ll try with my computer cause I normally use my iPad and I know sometimes there are limits. Last time I looked it seemed shallow

31. By gitarzanfan on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

I agree wholeheartedly Nova. We really don’t cuss on there anymore. The news is much more up to date too.

32. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Vegas, I have heard of egg-nog, but I grind my beans right before I make coffee– in my French press. No way am I scrambling my coffee.

33. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Nova, last I looked at that site, it was complete anarchy– raunchy videos; it was out of control.

34. By novascotiavike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Vegas, you and I have corresponded for a long time on this site….believe me , vikingsfootballblog.com is a GREAT VIKING SITE with no bullsh1t…..No Kids, no stupid personal arguments, no “impersonators”…..just fun and football. You are welcome anytime !

35. By VegasVike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Rumor has it you boil water to a rolling boil. Scramble an egg and mix your freshly ground beans into it. Drop the mixture into the boiling water and turn the heat off. Wait five minutes and pour yourself the most delightful cup of coffee ever. The egg hardens around the grounds so no grounds get in the drink. Imaging for it Sunday.

36. By gitarzanfan on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Although I guess it’s good that the timeouts are gone. I’d like an explanation though. I got my fair share of them.

37. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Vegas, I am willing to try new things, but that sounds gross.

38. By gitarzanfan on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

I will admit that when HCG first made vikingsfootballblog.com I thought it was too raunchy. Things have gotten much, much better though.

39. By VegasVike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Thanks Nova, I’ve pretty much backed off on blogging until recently because of all the silliness, I’ll look again at the new site. I kinda got the same impression as Titus about it.

40. By novascotiavike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Look, I have been on this site for a couple of years. I can’t take the childish comments that go on here constantly. ……Titus, as a professor, how do you put up with the constant “He’s the imposter…No, He’s the imposter ” cr@p’? WHO REALLY CARES ????????? The “other blog” is just the people who have gotten SICK AND TIRED of the restrictions (and the immature kids) that are now on this blog.

41. By gitarzanfan on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Preach it Nova

42. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Actually, Nova, I have barely been on this site the past month or so, and it is rather nice– too much to do. I am just here tonight cause I am so tired and just browsing to this site occasionally– last night was great without the restrictions and there were no impostors. But what Vegas just said resonates with me– I don’t have time to be blogging– have a lot going on this fall. So, I will barely blog— if I do, it will be around the games. SO, Nova, I promise to check out the new blog during the season.

43. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Ooops— meant to say it is rather nice not to be blogging away– seems to insidiously creep into your time and take away your life.

44. By novascotiavike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Gitarzanfan…..Thanks !

45. By gitarzanfan on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Your welcome, Nova.

46. By Maple Tree on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Totus manny names, Nova, Other assorted clowns, As Spencer says, ‘This is a football site,’ or football sight, as vikings fool puts it.
    Who cares how you make your coffee, or which shoe you put on first.
    Just go to that other secret ‘sight’, or just plain go away.

47. By novascotiavike on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

One of the most common maple tree diseases is known as maple wilt. The causal factors are Verticillium albo-atrum or Verticillium dahliae , which are fungi found in the soil. This is a common and serious problem that can even kill established trees HOPEFULLY THIS WILL KILL YOU.

48. By Frederick Jones on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Titus, you my friend are the leader in the number of posts on the Vikings.com blog this year. In fact you probably lead in all-time posts!

How can you say that you never spend time here???

Who do you take us for?

49. By Frederick Jones on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

Titus,

Go back and count the posts on this blog. I bet you lead for this blog and for 90% of all the blogs Mike Wobschall has written this year.

You blog more than anyone else!!!

50. By Frederick Jones on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

That is not mean, that is a fact!!!

51. By Woodboat on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Maple Tree… Maple Tree… hmm… I don’t recall seeing him post here before… like ever. Well, I’m glad to see that he’s stepped right up and blasted a couple of Vikings fans that have posted here for years and like to use this blog as a sort of club house. Gawd forbid that someone talk about something other than football….

52. By Woodboat on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Fred…. yes, he still posts more than anyone else… but he HAS cut way back from what he was doing. It may be possible that his credibility took a bit of a hit after predicting double digit wins and a superbowl run last year, and he is laying low (ish).

Record this year… 7-9. Our defense will struggle this year, but be much improved by year end. Our OC will let the team down… again.

53. By novascotiavike on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Thanks, Woodboat !

54. By Spencer on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Cedric Griffin was cut, Asher Allen quit, Bowmans a scrub, J-rob is hurt…

The window for Bobby Felder has OPENED!

Im sure Robinsons hamstring will last 2 weeks so this is your time to shine, you only get once chance my boy!

GO FELDER! The VikingMafia is behind 100%

55. By novascotiavike on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://ohiodnr.com/Portals/18/ALB/000_0265.jpg&imgrefurl=http://ohiodnr.com/DNN/health/asianlonghorned/tabid/5197/Default.aspx&h=1728&w=2304&sz=1084&tbnid=CoxMv24CCdQg5M:&tbnh=91&tbnw=121&zoom=1&usg=__AgVvMUdnRiWMib34lXeJk_YFQ-w=&docid=vO0FRIe-zizxOM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=24YTUPadHsaSrAGu4oCICQ&sqi=2&ved=0CGwQ9QEwDQ&dur=4287 Maple Tree..Just say “Eat Me”.

56. By rogerthevikefan on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Ponder and Rudolph will destroy opposing defences this year.

57. By RichardA1 on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Everson Griffen as linebacker? sounds good to me, make it happen, better yet, concentrate on getting Solomon Elimimien playing and have the dominate, powerhouse of a defense that is possible out there playing,,,,,c’mon, jump on the S. Elimimien train…………………………………….

58. By rogerthevikefan on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Watch Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles. Thats a order Apes!

59. By Carl K on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

This is the official site of the Vikings – hard to top that.
    But I enjoy the other site too. The regulars over there are a fun bunch!
    Titus, HCG gives the fans a chance to post blogs, photos, videos and have a true voice. You might enjoy posting a blog from time to time. It is a great release for fans with an interest in creative writing. I know I have enjoyed it.

60. By Maple Tree on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

woodboat, hmmm looks like you are in the same boat as those other know-it-alls, Titus, Nova, few other that can step up so I can voice my opinion on their great expertice on all matters from making coffee, fishing for lobsters, which toliet paper is the best, ect, ect.
    Is this ‘Club House” enough, Woodboat?

61. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Frederick L. Jones leads in repeat posts. He’ll never live that one down.

62. By Bluebird7 on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

A. Peterson is on the PUP list. This is most certainly the best for him if he is to be ready for the full season.

63. By Bluebird7 on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

The Saints have a large picture of Sean Payton over the doorway in their training room. Maybe the Vikings should have a picture of AD over the front door of our room.

64. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Two good things:

The Vikings practice at noon more often during their Mankato camp this year.
    (Why they did not do it last year is a mystery to football coaches every where!)

Frazier said they are not going to pay attention to bloggers this year.
    (One could assume they mean the bloggers who write the headlines, but they
    might also mean the common bloggers, like you and me!)

65. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Geofff Schwartz as a RB:

66. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Okay that did not come out right!

67. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Schwartz actually gains yardage running on this play!

68. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

That was 6’6″ 315′ of beef at the U of O!!!

69. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

For those expecting Bolt to win the 100, and 200 in the Olympics this year, I have a prediction. He won’t win. Why? Because he was ranked 63rd on the Forbes 500 list of multi-millionaires for 2011!

That doesn’t have to effect a man, but often does. He won’t be running any 9.5′s this year.

70. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

The Vikings are a young team with a lot to prove. Don’t bet against them.

However, I’m predicting 8-8 because that would be a significant improvement for the team.

71. By Spencer on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Bolt is gonna win in 9.54 in the 100. Just dont see Tyson Gay defeating the Lightining Bolt.

But I do expect Phelps to not do as hot, dude sounds like hes mentally done with anything that has to do with swimming. He has already said this will be his last Olympics..

72. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Some have laughed at the Raiders, and Bills as not being able to contend. For sure the Raiders were as bad as the Vikings last year. There is no reason they will not also contend this year.

73. By Spencer on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

US Womens Basketball and Soccer are on right now.

They are both Ranked #1 in each sport.

The US female athletes are simply amazing.

74. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer,

I could see Phelps blowing the gold medals this olympics for the same reason as Bolt. Phelps is also a multi-millionaire (and also smokes dope).

Bolt did run 10.0 earlier this year. But does he have the same desire as he did as a poor man in 2008? Doubtful. Besides he is a hot dog. I root against hot dogs!!!

75. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer,

Whatever happened to the running back who handed the ball to the official after a touchdown? What happened to the player who, after scoring a touchdown, handed the ball to an offensive lineman for the spike?

Everyone is so narcissitic now.

76. By Spencer on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

How can you not like Bolt????

I find myself rooting for him more than the Americans!

77. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Fred, isn’t that water buffalo and lion video amazing? I came across that a couple years ago and almost became vegetarian. If you watch the whole video, you realize there is a lot more to some of these animals than many people think– those water buffalo ran off– communicated to the herd and convinced them to come back with them to rescue the baby. Amazing video– I have shown that to a number of people.

78. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

And, no, I do not post more than anyone– maybe Spencer and Sandiamond have something to say about that.

79. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Do I see deer tracks behind that Maple Tree?

80. By Spencer on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

He|| I probably do.

And the US Women Basketball should be ashamed! These ladies cried about how they were getting disrespected and what not.

2 weeks ago they played Croatia, they won by 55. Today they are playing Croatia, and they’re only up by 3 at halftime! C’mon ladies!!

81. By iaVIKE on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Well done Titus, I thought i was the only one who could tell that “Maple Tree”, “Bluebird” and “Apple Tree” are really deertracks.
    You really should check out the other site Titus, you’d enjoy it, you could write new articles and topics and what not. You’re always welcome over there man.

82. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

To my dear friend Titus,

Sorry, I cannot let it go. Saying that you rarely blog on here is not BSAS!

I don’t know how you can think that. I admit that I also blog a lot on Vikings.com. In number of total posts, I am up there.

But I am way behind BSAS/Titus. Perhaps some are impersonators, but I bet you are still way ahead of Sir Frederick!

83. By Spencer on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

BSAS was Titus?

84. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer,

Yes, BSAS was Titus.

85. By sandiamond on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Titus should be careful \ having two alias plus (titus) imposters might run him out of town. His fault or not

86. By sandiamond on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

3 CDT today

By sandiamond on Jul 27, 2012 | Reply

87. By Duane on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Great insight… should make for a very competitive camp, I came across this write up on Schwartz posted just a few days ago

88. By Deer Tracks on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Well, iaVike you got the “”Apple Tree” Correct, but that is about it.

Used that one to have bit of fun with the deertrack imposter,

You are pretty sharp, but no Brass ring for you .

89. By Frederick Jones on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

@Duane,

I was excited when we obtained Schwartz, but then there was no coverage on him afterwards, so I started to question his abilities.

If the hips are not a problem, why was Carolina so eager to part with him?

Schwartz claims that there is nothing he could have done to prevent the hip problems, but the dude weighs 330 pounds. Maybe he should weigh 300 or less!

But Schwartz does seem like the man for that right guard spot.

90. By Deer Tracks on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Sorry, Titus, Old Great One, I can only grow one tree at a time.

91. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

DeerTracks, good for you.

92. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Anyone watching the Olympics? I have not been, but maybe I will later.

93. By DRS on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Sidelined: Adrian Peterson reacts

94. By DRS on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Mankato musings: Adrian Peterson gets the red light on practice, puts up a fight

95. By DRS on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Video: Which NFL team is your least favorite?

96. By DRS on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Vikings’ Jared Allen: ‘I’m not in this to rebuild. I’m in this … for a championship’

97. By DRS on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Later one and all.

98. By Bluebird7 on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

@DRS, least favorite? That was a no brainer wasn’t it. GreenBay with the Saints coming in a close second. Like AP stated, “Show your Horns”!!

99. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Vikings 12-4 baby! Win the division and travel to San Fran for the Championship game. On the other side, Baltimore and Buffalo in the AFC Championship.

100. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Bluebird, you have to put Dallas up there.

101. By DRS on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

At this time I would have thought it would have been the saints, followed by the Packers, Oh-well, later.

102. By Bluebird7 on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

That is a good clip, DRS. Required reading for all the bloggers on this site.
    To say Jared Allen’s attitude is right on is what all his team mates and all the Viking Fans, should have going into this, the 2012 season! SHOW YOUR HORNS!

103. By Bluebird7 on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Titus, Dallas was a split between the Saints.After that the list becomes a bit muddled, with so many others to poke at.

104. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

One of the most fun games I ever remember is when I was at the dome ( I think it was around 1999) and Dallas was killing us– a number of Cowboy fans were jeering us and having a great time. I don’t recall when– but late in the game the Vikes took over and came back to win– I was whooping so loud to rub it back at them– that was fun!

105. By Spencer on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

I’ve watched soccer, basketball, table tennis, and some swimming events so far in the Olympics.

The quest for Michael Phelps to become the most decorated Olympian ever begins tonight with 400m dash!

106. By Spencer on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

I remember going to the Viking/Eagle game in 2010. It was cold as HE||. It was nice watching all the Eagle fans leave when they realized it was over. But still, I didnt enjoy the game because I was frozen solid!

107. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

I think Phelps is not hungry enough anymore and the competition is fiercer than ever.

108. By Spencer on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Oh yea he lost his drive. He has already stated that hes tired of swimming- I heard on the radio that when his friends invite him to go to the beach he doesnt even get in the water because hes “sick of it.”

109. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, that Philly game was right after that big blizzard and the game was postponed till Tuesday night– everyone was praising Webb. But still, I think you would enjoy being outside more than being in a big marshmallow dome like the Metrodome.

110. By Spencer on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

The 2 Olympic Events I mainly care about is Team USA Basketball and the 100m dash final.

111. By Spencer on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Phelps already raced and he lost!! NBC was going to show it on PrimeTime on tape delay!

112. By KoN on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Even without as much drive, Phelps will still win a few medals, he’s just such a great swimmer. He definitely won’t repeat 2008, but if leaves without any golds I’ll be surprised.

113. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, I told you. KoN, he probably will get one or two gold.

114. By KoN on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Fun Fact: The U.S. has won 2289 total medals (927 gold, 726 silver, 636 bronze) throughout the history of the summer Olympics, putting them first. The next nation with 1009 medals (394 gold, 314 silver, 296 bronze) is the Soviet Union (not Russia, the no longer existent Soviet Union).

115. By Spencer on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Looks like im going to have to avoid Twitter and the whole internet for 2 1/2 weeks to escape the Olympic Spoilers! Brilliant Job NBC!

But anyways im watching Womens Volleyball and these women have beautiful backsides.

116. By Spencer on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Man watching training camp is a bore.

117. By sandiamond on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Is that alan williams taking the snap with the scrub Def/ offense?

118. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Phelps didn’t do too well. Maybe too many green cigarettes and too much money killed his drive to be the best?

119. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Fred Jones said I post more than anyone. Certainly don’t want Jones to be a liar.

120. By sandiamond on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

test

121. By sandiamond on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

This highest c h a r a c t e r c r a p went too far. A. D e n n a r d having a stellar camp with NE

We sign two track guys and a leftover from the Bears

at least we have Felder and Carr

DB’s dropping like flies

way to go Spielman

122. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply

Calm down Sandiamond. We will be fine.

123. By HCG. on Jul 28, 2012 | Reply