Training Camp Schedule Change Benefits Team, Fans

Posted by Mike Wobschall on July 2, 2012 – 6:10 am

Soon, thousands of Vikings fans will make a familiar trek to Mankato, Minnesota to watch their football team prepare for the 2012 season at Verizon Vikings Training Camp. Mankato has been the Vikings training camp home for 47 consecutive years, meaning both the team and its fans have grown accustomed to day-to-day life in that setting.

There is a change to this year’s training camp schedule, though. And both the team and fans will be impacted by the change.

In recent seasons the Vikings have held practices in the morning and walk-throughs in the afternoon. This year the team will flip that schedule, instead choosing to conduct a walk-through session in the morning and then hold a full practice in the afternoon. As you can see in the training camp scheduled posted on vikings.com, the Vikings will hold their one-hour morning walk-throughs at 10:30 a.m. and then will begin their practice at 2:45 p.m. (concluding most days at 5:30 p.m.).

It’s important for fans to note the times of both walk-throughs and practices because many fan-favorite events are scheduled around those events, such as: morning autograph sessions, Minnesota Vikings Cheerleader clinics, youth football clinics, and various Vikings Village activities.

This change in schedule has many benefits for both the team and fans. Here are just a few of them…

– The morning walk-through schedule allows for better autograph access for fans because players may be more engaging and willing to sign since they won’t have just concluded a demanding practice.

– Walk-throughs are conducted at a more relaxed pace, which will allow fans who’ve seen the morning session in the past a chance to see players in a different light.

– Regardless of which practice session fans attend on a daily basis, they will see the entire team. In the past, select afternoon walk-throughs included special teams work only. With walk-throughs scheduled for the morning, more of them will include the entire team.

– Having padded practice in the afternoon makes for a longer day of activity at training camp, including inside the fan-friendly confines of Vikings Village. Fans can come early and stay for both practices, rather than in the past where fans would come early and leave by early afternoon once the padded practice concluded.

– With fans potentially sticking around later in the day, local businesses could see a boost in activity.

Tags:

379 Responses to “Training Camp Schedule Change Benefits Team, Fans”

1. By DeerTracks on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Another day, a new blog.

2. By DeerTracks on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Watch the heat, guys

3. By DeerTracks on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

We don’t need another Stringer heat victim.

4. By Mike B. on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

@Deer Tracks Right On watch yourselves in the heat this week.

5. By KoN on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

My AC is out; it is 87 and miserably humid in my house.

6. By RichardA1 on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

and watch the “Berzerker Gang” defense. (special thanks to Parody for thinking of it)

7. By Spencer on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Its a cool 68 in my house.

8. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

I hope the Vikings find a way to throw to the backs this year. If we can’t run the b a l l, perhaps we can throw short ones.

9. By DeerTracks on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

KoN

Try what I do..Buy a tower fan.. Get a quart size bowl, fill it with ice cubes.

Place on stool in front of blower fan..Turn on fan.. you have cool breeze hiting you.

My AC is out also..This is poorman’s cooling system..It works..

10. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

I can’t find the post where someone said that Marcus Sherels is the only guy who can catch punts for the Vikings.

I do think that Sherels did a fine job returning kicks and punts last year for the Vikings, and also did a bang up job defending. Someone said he gave up a td, but I never saw it.

11. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

oh, wow– I feel for you guys. I rarely use the A/C but this week it is almost a necessity-

12. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

I think it will hit 100 today. Dewpoint is already in the 70s. Temp at 87 and it is only 10:30am.

13. By VEgasVke on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Yikes guys, thanks for the heat warning. I’m gonna call my mom in Albert Lea an tell her to stay put!

14. By Spencer on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Surely I cant be the only one that tests their AC a month before summer starts to make sure its still in working condition..

15. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, I would not rub it in– your like my friend who is skinny and has a flat stomach, yet at work around all the big gals, he complains about putting on weight– I am not sure they appreciate it.

16. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Oops, Titus made an error— you’re— call the news services.

17. By KoN on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Ours had been working all summer up until a few days ago.

18. By RichardA1 on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Mankato where they can work on being the Berzerk Gang!

19. By carlk300 on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Sir Titus is not perfect after all.

20. By parodymmxii on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Titus makes more errors than he’s willing to own up to. It’s not news anymore. We all make mistakes, especially in the things that we pride ourselves on being good at.

Besides, I think the news services are a lot more interested in figuring out what was the scandal that caused your skinny friend to gain a few pounds.

21. By Spencer on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

You guys hear about Anderson Cooper yet?

22. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Parody, do I ever ride you? What is up with you? Anyway, I slept horrible– using a different bed in a cooler room but it is not as comfortable and I don’t have drapes, just blinds in there, so it gets crazy bright. What I meant to convey is my friend actually is still skinny– his perception is that gaining .0009% extra fat means he is gaining weight– and those who are bigger, probably want to strangle him.

23. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, I just read that about half an hour ago.

24. By RichardA1 on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

A. Cooper, looked it up after you mentioned it, I do not care, but I will tell you one thing,,,all this talk about football makes me want to go BEZERK!

25. By DeerTracks on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Spencer

I was on a plan that checks my furnace and AC every year..

They found a leak tjhat wasn’t covered under their plan.. ( Immediately cancled this so called Maint/repair plan)..They wanted to charge extra for fixing it.

Lesson learned: Don’t trust any money hungry Gas Company!.Now back to Football.

26. By DeerTracks on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Up coming SF games of preseason 10 Aug.Regular game 23 Sept.

As Titus had mentioned, and myself did in previous post, Moss will be playing for revenge against the Vikings..Not so much during the preseason game, but SF coach will turn Moss loose when they get here for 23 Sept game.

Moss will want to do to Vikings the same way he did when he was playing for the Vikings againt the Dallas Cowboys..Don’t be surprised if we lose.
    Cook or any other CB won’t be able to cover him!

27. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

I think we should hire the caterer to play for that one game– let him on the field with his delivery truck– he should be able to cover Moss.

28. By DeerTracks on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Sounds like Anderson Cooper and Chris Kluwe have alot in common.

29. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Okay…

30. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Why is Vikings.com not working again? I went thru about a week where I never got “cut off” or received a “time out.” But now it’s doing it again.

Mike Wobschall,

Please contact your people and have this blog working by the start of training camp!!!

31. By DeerTracks on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Titus

That game will most likely be one of those four games we lose.

32. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

It does seem to help to turn off your computer, and then go back to it later. But I have rarely found that you can go right back to it, and have it work.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with Vikings.com TIMEOUTS?

33. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

DeerTrack,

Have you had any problems with timeouts in the last two weeks?

WOBSCHALL PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE TIMEOUTS!!!

34. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

WOBSCHALL????

35. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

GET RID OF THE TIMEOUTS!!!

36. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

I was placed in the corner last night– then I scrolled back and found I had way more posts than I have been able to post in a short time period since the time outs began– I had about 14 postings, so maybe there is hope?

37. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

NO MORE TIMEOUTS!

38. By DeerTracks on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Fred

Works just fine for me..Try holding your breath for five mintues when posting.

Or cross your big toe with your little toe, that might work.

39. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

nOMORE TIMEoUTS!!

40. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

NoMoRE T.o

41. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

WOBSCHALL ARE YOU IN THERE???

42. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

I am making the bold prediction the Vikings will beat the 49ers at the dome. Yes, you heard it here first, and second, and third. I am sticking with it– and when we beat them, I will be right here soaking in all the accolades.

43. By DeerTracks on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Sorry Fred..

Only trouble I had was when the compter started rolling when on this site.

Corrected that problem by shuting down and restarting..

44. By DeerTracks on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Titus

That IS a bold prediction. What will the score be?

What will you do with Moss? I know! Turn a bunch of CheerLeaders loose on him.

45. By Spencer on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

We’re not beating the 49ers, can we just end this?

46. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Vikings 34, 49ers 27

47. By Parody on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Titus – I would say that it appears somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning if you hadn’t already warned us that you woke up in the wrong bed altogether.

Relax, it was just some friendly ribbing.

48. By RichardA1 on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

There goes that Berzerk Defense, the whole gang, Allen, Eli imian, where did this Defense come from, looks like Frazier has found all the pieces to put together one of the best defese’s ever, not at all like last years team!

49. By DeerTracks on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Sure hope you are right, Richard1.

50. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Frazier is a defensive mastermind, guru. No doubt in 2 years no one will be able to score against us. Parody, I know, I know. I can hardly function- coffee only made me a more alert vegetable.

51. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Why is the team working out at the heat of the day rather than the morning? Remember Kory Stringer?

52. By DeerTracks on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Titus

That is what I was refering too at the top of this blog..

53. By Spencer on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Because the coaches probably think its “tougher” and “manlier” to bust your ass in the sweltering heat.

Girls practice when its cool outside, men practice when its hot.

54. By VegasVike on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Thats what I was thinking this morning too Titus. They do that with the high school kids out here too when it’s 105 plus degrees. And in the fall the monsoon weather can bring humidity levels to 20%…. (a little jab there to y’all, sorry)

55. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

I think the reason you guys are having trouble with the amount of times you can blog is from turning your names to purple…You might be making the site and your computer work to hard ???…

I have never had a problem posting on this site..Until Parody mentioned how to turn your name purple…Soon after that I started having trouble posting until I went back to normal black letters…

Not sure if that is the problem for sure…But you guys might want to stay black for a few days and see if that clears up the problems for you also ??…

56. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

I was cycling late evening at the heat of the day– 99 degrees and it was not too bad, but I really watched my pace and kept a lower speed than usual– no fast accelerations, no high pace– it is just too hot. I know top athletes in better shape than I can fall dead in this. Mike W,, I have to respectfully disagree with your article above– this is not a smart move for training camp.

57. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Why does this not surprise me in the least…

Sean Payton is such a good guy…(yeah right)…lol

58. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Tom Cruise, Anderson Cooper, Sean Payton– wow slow news week.

59. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Saints won at a far bigger price than they realized– watch them never win the Superbowl again.

60. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

@OTKalil,

Thanks for the idea that the failed posts are because of purple lettering. But most people use black and still have problems.

Haven’t you had some problems?

I would think that everyone has had it happen at least once!!! (Timeouts, that is.)

61. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Wobschall you have to contact your people so that they can contact their people to get the TIMEOUT problem solved.

This is now the most serious problem with Vikings.com.

62. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

68. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

69. By Frederick Jones on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

70. By Spencer on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Lol…calm down Fred.

Breathe in…breathe out.

71. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Fred, you are using your allotted posts to count to ten and say Wobby?

72. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Next, Freddie will be in the corner with milk and cookies, waiting to come back, wishing he has used his postings to say something and not spell Woobles a dozen different ways.

73. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Fred — don’t worry, we see you there in the corner. It’s okay, we know the teacher made a mistake putting you over against the wall.

74. By Sir Greasy Panda on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

you think with how cold it gets up in minnesota that you guys would love some heat!

75. By Sir Greasy Panda on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

a “snow day” in Southern California happens like once every 3 or 4 years. We loved it. I use quotation marks because it was like 2 inches and school was cancelled. hahaha

76. By Sir Greasy Panda on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

is any one else concerned with our tackling? with the new CBA rules and less contact im worried because i can think of at least two games where good tackling would have prevented us from losing. I hope the new DC focuses on tackling because we were not good last season.

77. By Sir Greasy Panda on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

after starting 0-2 the last two season almost ending our playoff hopes by week 5, we have a strong possibility of going 2-0 with an easy front schedule.

78. By KoN on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Greasy Panda, it is a misconception that Minnesota only gets very cold. We actually suffer both extremes, very cold and very hot weather. Getting into the 100s is not really a rare thing up here ( not that it happens every day or necessarily every week, but I can’t remember a summer where it hasn’t gotten into the upper 90s to 100s at least a few times). There has been at least one day this year where we were the hottest state in the country.

79. By KoN on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Also, snow days don’t happen all that often here either, but that is mainly because we have an excellent snow response system, if we didn’t people would miss a lot of work.

80. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

look at the national temperature map right now at weather.com– Mpls is almost the hottest place in the country, except for AZ and parts of California– the desert areas. Texas has a few places tied with us, but other than that, at 86 at half past midnight– I think we have a right to say it’s hot up here! In fact, the desert southwest is on an earlier time– so it could be argued Mpls is the hottest city currently.

81. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

Let me add, though, I don’t miss the snow yet.

82. By Sir Greasy Panda on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

my joke was that it only snowed 2 inches and the whole district shut down. obviously its not snowing 360 days out of the year up there. just like its not always hot down here but it never gets as cold as it does up there. the coldest ive ever been in out here is 38.

83. By Sir Greasy Panda on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

ive always dreamt of waking up on sunday morning and watching football while its snowing outside. its never happened but if it did I’d enjoy it. thats the point im making, if you guys have long cold winters then when its really hot id be out enjoying it. I hear you guys are like the top state for out door activities.

84. By Spencer on Jul 2, 2012 | Reply

I prefer 30 degree weather over 90 degree weather.

85. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Not sure Fred…Lets find out..I guess I never have that much to say ??…; )

86. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

I just thought asking the site to find a nonexistent website might shut you out of the computer program for awhile…After trying to have it search for something that doesn’t exist…You wouldn’t think it would stop you from blogging…

87. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

It just scolded me for posting my comments to quickly…Is that the time out ???..

That is goofy !!

88. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Well…That first one only lasted a few seconds…

89. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

I will keep posting until I get my hand slap…

90. By indiana viking on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

I beleave the vikings can beat the 49s. I also beleave thy can beat the colts also. I’ts 80deg, humity is 70%. And we have no power,here in fort wayne indiana. useing work comp.

91. By megakrab on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

SLAP!!! LOL

92. By RichardA1 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Berzerk is the word. Berzerk Berzerk Berzerk.

93. By DeerTracks on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Brain Urlacker says the Bears are the best team in the NFL North..

Could be with Mike Tice one of the coaches..Maybe the Vikings will knock them down a peg or two.

94. By DeerTracks on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Maybe

95. By megakrab on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Bird is the word.

96. By Mike B. on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Going to be another Hot day today take care in the heat.

97. By Mike B. on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

@Deer Tracks Brian Urlacker is not in his prime any longer and the rest of that defense is getting older. Th OL there is just as suspect as the Vikings is. They didn’t address it this year as we did. You can’t win games when your QB is on his back all the time. I think they are over estimated. I think the Lions and Packers are the true challenges in the Division this year. The Lions have spent a lot of money to make a run here in the next couple years. I am not sure yet how we will do against the division, but I am hoping for better han last year.

98. By RichardA1 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Urlacher getting past his prime, reminds me of the Purple People Eaters, they were getting past there prime, only they knew the game so well that you could not tell because they were so good. Berzerk is the word, Berzerk Berzerk Berzerk, the Whole Viking team has gone Bezerk, The “Berzerk Gang” !?!? anyway….Berzerk is the word………

99. By DeerTracks on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Megakrab

You got me, what does “bird is the word” mean? Something like “A bird in hand is worth 3 on the back porch” Or something like that? sign me “Curious”‘

100. By DeerTracks on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Mike B, Richard1.

You are correct, Urlacker is getting a bit long in the tooth..

101. By megakrab on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

► 1:18► 1:18 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

now you’re clued in.

102. By RichardA1 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

I don’t know but it is addicting. Oh yeah, where was I, hmmm….oh yeah, Berzerk is the word, word word word.

103. By Troutdaddy on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Getting giddy to see how the team gels in Mankato!!! From what I have heard, Ponder has done some good strength training so his arm strength should not even be questioned. He is going to have hugely improved year… As far as Webb goes, I know many of you want to see the kid get a shot- as do I but I don’t think that Ponder is going to give him the opportunity. I am predicting that Ponder has an amazing QB Rating the first 4-5 games AND I totally agree with you Titus- The Vike’s WILL BEAT the 49ER’s. No doubt that Alex Smith is going to be running for his life so that Randy Moss won’t get the time to catch a ball…

104. By northwoodsv2 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Hey guys.

I said I would never post here again but I thought I had to break my promise and let you know the other site is really turning into something great. I was one of the staunch opposers in the beginning, but people had their explosion of “freedom” and it has really calmed down a lot. The content is really not much different than here. Lot’s of football talk, interactive polls, and opportunity to create your own blog topic for discussion.

I sure miss the discussions with many of the regulars who haven’t made the switch. It is well worth your time now over there. You don’t have to watch your post count or worry about purple letters or censor yourself if you feel like posting an emphatic word or try and figure out which harmless word you used contains a naughty one. You just type. Anyway, hope to see you over there.

Northwoods

105. By Frederick Jones on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

@Northwoods

Thank you so much for the letter. Perhaps if MIKE WOBSCHALL sees it he will let his good friends fix this site.

I do not like that other site because it allows too much machismo to take place. It would be like listening to Bill Belichick talk to his players during training camp. Life is too short for that!!!

106. By northwoodsv2 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

I can appreciate that Frederick, but again, things have changed significantly there, and continue to evolve. We’re discussing how to live-stream the games for those who can’t get the broadcast in their areas, AND blog to them real-time.

Yeah, you’re going to have the tangential comments and absurdities, but they’re here too, along with poorly camofluaged vulgarity. But, trust me – we talk football.

If you haven’t taste-tested a blog over there in a while, give one of the new ones a try. I think you’ll be surprised at how much it’s changed.

Unfortunately, I really think things are out of Wobs’ hands, and not likely to change….which is going to really suk for you guys come season when you REALLY want to discuss football.

Take care.

107. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, I have to agree with Fred. Northwoods– from what I saw a couple days ago, the other site has not calmed down– au contraire, it seems to have gone hog wild– videos and postings of everything from three breasted women to who knows what– it is completely beserk. I have to watch where I hang out for my mental and spiritual health. I miss some of the gang, but so be it– no one can watch out for you like you.

108. By RichardA1 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Vikings news, from Frazier himself……Berzerk is the word, The Defense really goes Berzerk, get your tickets now folks!

109. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

I don’t like the idea of a defense that goes beserk. Beserk connotates being out of control. We need a staunch D, but a smart one.

110. By RichardA1 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Jump to: navigation, search

For other uses, see Berserker (disambiguation) and Berserk (disambiguation).

Berserkers (or berserks) were Norse warriors who are reported in the Old Norse literature to have fought in a nearly uncontrollable, trance-like fury, a characteristic which later gave rise to the English word berserk. Berserkers are attested to in numerous Old Norse sources. Most historians believe that berserkers worked themselves into a rage before battle, but some think that they might have consumed drugged foods.

The Úlfhéðnar (singular Úlfhéðinn), mentioned in the Vatnsdœla saga, Haraldskvæði and the Völsunga saga, were said to wear the pelt of a wolf when they entered battle.[1] Úlfhéðnar are sometimes described as Odin’s special warriors, with the pelt from a wolf and a spear as distinguishing features

So…..did you say, what is the word,,,Berserk is the word!

111. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Exactly Richard– I knew why you used the word based on its historical significance to Vikings, but you just proved my point as to the connotation behind the word “beserk.” We want an intelligent defense, not a cuckoo one.

112. By DeerTracks on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Megakrab

So that is it? I would rather watch flys eating a horse turd, then Familyt.

113. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Another beautiful day in frigid Minnesota– temp of 95 with a dewpoint of 71. Feels breathtaking.

114. By RichardA1 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Its just a name implying they went crazy and took care of what they had to. fearsome foursome doesn’t imply they were smart, steel curtain, what is that suppose to mean? not intelligence, purple people eater, absolutely no smarts to that name, orange crush, a orange that crush’s? New York stock exchange new york? the game itself has nothing to do with money, Blitz inc phil, dome patrol new orleans, no-name defense, doomesday defense, just names, some don’t have anything to do with football. You got to love the Purple People Eaters Motto- “Meet at the Quarterback” I myself think its a awesome name, a motto that goes with it?

115. By Spencer on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Week 3: Matthew Stafford, 32/46 378yds, 2TD’s Oints.

Week 6: Jay Cutler, 21/31 267yds, 2TD’s 0ints.

Week 7: Aaron Rodgers, 24/30 335yds, 3TD’s 0ints.

Week 8: Cam Newton, 22/35 290ds, 3TD’s 0ints.

Week 10: Aaron Rodgers, 23/30 250yds, 4TD’s 0ints.

Week 12: Matt Ryan, 27/34 263yds, 3TD’s 0ints.

Week 13: Tim Tebow, 10/15 202yds, 2TD’s 0ints.

Week 14: Mathew Stafford, 20/29 227yds, 2TD’s 0ints.

Week 15: Drew Brees, 32/40 412yds, 5TD’s 0ints.

Hopefully the defense plays “beserk” just like the quarterbacks did when they up against us.

116. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Lions defense played beserk last year– look where that got them– penalties. Nope, I do not want a beserk defense.

117. By Spencer on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

These guys played beserk, it sure did work out fine.

118. By RichardA1 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

It doesn’t mean coo coo, it means determined, unstoppable,,,,you were close though, Berserk is the word.

119. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

How about the Purple Bazookas?

120. By DeerTracks on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

How about the Purple Door Stops?, or the Purple WhatsHIs Names?

Maybe Purple Flat Feet? Purple Lookout!Here I come..

The possibilites are endless.

121. By Spencer on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Purple trash?

122. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Purple Smash, Purple Smashers, Purple Fred Jones, Purple Spencers, Purple Beaters, Purple Mashers, Purple Too Soon, Purple Blitzkrieg, Purple Purple?

123. By HCG. on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

The Village Purple.

124. By HCG. on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

The Grapest R@pists.

125. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

The Blinded Purple

126. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

The Purple Rock

127. By Spencer on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

When is training camp? This blog is about the training camp schedule but Wobbs didnt give the date..

128. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Tour de France is right now.

129. By KoN on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Training camp is in 24 days.

130. By Spencer on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

So its on the 27th, thank you KoN.

131. By HCG. on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Until our D unit names itself, this effort is fun but fruitless.

132. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Purple Delight

133. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Grape Press

134. By HCG. on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Ooh, French bikers!

135. By Spencer on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

The NFC North’s b-tch?

136. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Two months till the season opener–

137. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

Two and a half months before San Fran is going DOWN at the dome.

138. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

You never know– that could be a huge turning point– beating the Niners might be the catalyst that takes us into the playoffs.

139. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

140. By RichardA1 on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

whatever barooooo means, here, check this out-Bezerkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

141. By HCG. on Jul 3, 2012 | Reply

146. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

The Purple BOO!

147. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

The Purple Duiplicaste Comment

148. By HCG. on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

149. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Purple Welcome to the Timeout Club.

150. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Purple Welcome to the Timeout Club and Posting to Quickly – Slow Down !

151. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Purple OK Boss Team!

152. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Purople Hot Dog! I’m back on Club!

153. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Is it still spelled Purple Cl;ub?

154. By shinglesqa on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

this is the year the purple and gold win the NFC North :)

155. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Fred

Yes, indeed this site had me turned upsidedown all of last night, my turn I guess.

156. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Purple Wobbly “get even” site

157. By Greatirishpotatofamine on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

I hate ‘Berzerk’ so much, sooo much

158. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

159. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

COME ON WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEESSS!!!

A new blog for Independence Day is the least you can do! GET OUT OF BED!!!

160. By Lloyd Santee Yale, Iowa on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

I really enjoy the exchanges of this Blog. I will attest to the heat our Minnesota neighbors share. Speaking of sharing how about sharing some rain you guys. Anyway, back to our team. I agree with Titus in that it’s a winable game. The Vikings, however will have to make the 49ers run the ball. This early in the season it can be done where teams can and will be surprised. Look for lots of blitzing by both teams in a huge defenseive battle. Final score 23-17, Vikings.

161. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

That’s the Iowa spirit. Finally some sane and serious people. Welcome to the blog Lloyd from the great state of Iowa.

162. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Lloyd

Titus is speaking of the game at Minnesota as opposed to the preseason game at Candlestick..You already know this, so with no further ado, I will mention a few things..

49er Coach will have Moss do a few token plays in the Preseason game, but in the game at Minnesota SF will turn Moss loose to try to over our CB’s.

This will suit Moss just fine, as he has a bone to pick with the Vikings.

163. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Thats “go over our CB’s”

164. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Thats “go over our CB’s”

#*&*%! Site! Said I had a dup of a comment! BS!.

165. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

The site made the dup! Right after it stated my so called dup, I made another post,, and they posted my first post! Anybody have this problem?

166. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Of course, the regular season– I could care less about pre-season. DeerTracks, I thought you were out of your mind again— had to check. I did not know we play the Niners in preseason– and the season– that is highly unusual. In fact, we also play the Texans in both pre and regular season– is this something new? I don’t recall teams playing in the preseason meeting later in the season.

167. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Fred, Titus

You are both right about the Dingbat opperation of this site!

168. By VegasVike on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

I agree it’s difficult to come up with an intimidating name incorporating the color purple. Purple is just not a very intimidating color. Of course, with the exception of JA#69, our D isn’t very intimidating either. In keeping with the genre of The Steel Curtian, may I suggest….
    THE GRAPE DRAPE!!!
    Happy 4th all :o)

169. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Purple Slurpee

170. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Vegas– you have a good one there, not sure I can improve upon it. I can hear Aikman and Buck commenting now—

Joe Buck: This Vikings secondary has just dropped the Grape Drape and no one, I mean no one is open. Rodgers has no where to throw and, there goes ALLEN_- Rodgers sacked the ninth time this quarter!

Troy Aikman: I am just not sure what happened in the off season but this team is playing lights out! I mean, it’s too early in the season to say this, but I will say it anyway, I mean, this team may have the best secondary and defense in the NFC.

Joe Buck: One thing is certain, Troy, this Vikings Grape Drape shuts down opposing defenses like milk stops a crying baby.

Troy Aikman: Well, Joe, I could not have said it much better myself. This Grape Drape on both sides of the Defense is outstanding. The secondary covers up the wide receivers so there is no where, and I mean no where to throw, and the pass rush just has their way with the offensive line– and covers up the quarterback — I mean, they are playing lights out!

171. By DRS on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

172. By DRS on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

173. By RichardA1 on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

name “Berzerk Gang” motto “Every Sack Counts”!!!

174. By DRS on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

175. By Greatirishpotatofamine on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Why does the name have to be intimidating? I just don’t think purple people eaters will ever be topped

176. By DRS on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

The Purple Gang Strikes hard and go berserk.

177. By DRS on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

178. By DRS on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

SKOL Vikings, all have a great day.

179. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

I agree- Purple People Eaters was not exactly an intimidating phrase–

180. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Here are two Spencer would like– Purple Creeps or Purple Gangstas.

181. By KoN on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

The Violet Vigilantes, the Purple Nurples, Zygi’s Zealous Zephyrs, the Vehemently Voracious Violet Vagabonds.

182. By Mike R. on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Purple Reign?

183. By Mike R. on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

The Mighty Morphin Purple Power Rangers?

184. By mnsoldier on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

The chances of concussion happen as players sweat more and become dehydrated, there is less fluids surrounding the brain thus less cussion and an enhanced chance of injury. Make sure you hydrating them well and taking the breaks needed to keep them safe, afterall it is just a game, your not going to war.

185. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Test

186. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Finally got back on, I think

Tried 4 times to answer Titus on his remarks that he didn’t know we played the 49ers twice this year. I wanted to refer him to the Vikings 2012 Schedule.

Candlestick park—-Friday—08/10—8PM

Mall America—Sunday—09/23—12:00PM

Learn to read

187. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Mike R

The Purple Queens wear pink underwear.

The Purple Hens Roost on Goalposts.

188. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

The Purple Fans Drink Flat Stale Hamms Beer.

The Viking Cheerleaders wear Combat Boots.

189. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

DeerTracks– I did read– like I said, I do not pay attention to pre-season–so learn to pay attention. I furthermore was posting to ask the question– is this new- playing a team in the reg season we play in the pre-season? So, Deertracks, learn to read is a very good starting place. I help students with that– you want private tutorials? It will cost you.

190. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

I have been nice so far, but bring it on DeerTracks– you are about to be Titused.

191. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

BTW– did anyone like my Joe Buck-Aikman script above? I thought it was funny– but maybe it was too realistic? — I mean, you can actually hear their voices when you read what I wrote.

192. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

DeerTracks, when you can explain and apply the differences between “to” and “too,” then maybe you can talk.

193. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

I have the name for our defense– Big Bad Wilfs

194. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

So quick to judge, so slow to understand…

195. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Titus

You were the one that remarked you though I was crazy (AGAIN).

All I was trying to do was give you some information on the games!

Everybody in the world knows you don’t like preseaon games, why?

You might learn something besides how to pick your nose, teach!

196. By Mike R. on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Violet Defense

Teams will be trying to avoid the VD….

197. By Spencer on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Its about dam time someone showed us some love.

Look at slides 3 and 7.

198. By Frederick Jones on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

I liked your Joe Buck-Troy Aikman account, but you would almost have to add this to the spiel:

Joe Buck: Yes, the Grape Drape is an exceptional unit.

Troy Aikman: But I would have utilized the Tight Ends better, and with my laser release been able to throw for over 200 yards. Not saying we would have won, just that I would have thrown to my TEs.

199. By Frederick Jones on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

DeerTracks and Titus should quit fighting.

Jones and Mike B. should quit fighting.

The Vikings fans need to be a TEAM more than other teams’ fans.

200. By Frederick Jones on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Mike R.

I like the name Violet Defense. But I think a part of the Vikings should be nicknamed. The Purple People Eaters moniker started with the defensive line.
    The D Line was named “Purple People Eaters” just like the Rams were called the Fearsome Foursome, and the Cowboys D Line was called the Dooms Day Defense.

201. By Frederick Jones on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Michael Wobschall,

I was able to blog some today. Perhaps this is fixed?

202. By Frederick Jones on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

DeerTracks,

Thank you for your support on this blog being off sometimes. Too often we are given “TIMEOUTS,” for no good reason.

203. By Frederick Jones on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer,

Do you get timeouts?

What if the season starts and we are in the middle of the game? You can’t say Touchdown any more!!!

What cha gunna doooo?

204. By RichardA1 on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Deertracks is lost, someone should leave a trail of cheese or cheap wisconsin beer back to wisconsin!

205. By Spencer on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Fred- Nah, everythings been good for me

206. By Mike R. on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Fred

maybe if we have a good secondary, they could be nicknamed “the Cover Purple”

207. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Richard1 is one who cannot tell who is from Wisconsin..

He is bitter because he is a coward and won’t say or write anything that is wrong with the Viking Team…I point out some faults, Ricky hides under the bed.

Like another clown that thinks he knows everything..

208. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Fred

Thanks, now I know what you and others went thru..

It has to get better, MUCH Better or people will be going to the other site.

209. By RichardA1 on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

But, RIcky can tell who is not a Viking fan. No, I don’t sit and cry like a baby about what is wrong like you and and offer no explanation on how things could of gone better. Did the Vikes just loose a game, is there a reason to call them names like that? your a piece of work DeerTracks, where would someone expect to hear comments like this about the Vikings, in Green Bay, Chicago that’s where. Why are you here DeerTracks? to give the Vikings & there fans Sh-t!

210. By HCG. on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

The cover purple!!! hahahhaaa.

211. By HCG. on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

You mean http://vikingsfootballblog.com/?

212. By VegaVike on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for the Purple Props Titus

213. By Spencer on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Deertracks isnt even a Vikings fan, hes Joe Webb fan.

I understand my love affair with Cook is annoying, but if he were to trade him or cut him…I would still be a fan of this team. I love the Vikings more than I love Cook.

Deertracks even said that if we cut Webb he would root for him to tear us apart!

214. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Testing, one two

215. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Dang— DeerHoofs was in need of a special time out, but I could not administer it because I was placed in the corner— and the cookies were stale. By the way, DeerPrints, I do not think I know everything. I know what I know and everything else is a hypothesis.

216. By Spencer on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

F-ck DeerTracks.

217. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Vegas, I like the Grape Drape, but the Cover Purple– now that is good, but there could be a lawsuit on that one the way Americans like their intellectual property.

218. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

And BTW I did read that the league tries to NOT schedule teams to play each other both in preseason and regular– in fact, i don’t recall that happening before– this year we play the Niners and the Texans in both– and that is very odd. Was there a change this year in the league? Please, let Parody or Fred Jones, someone with some class and intelligence answer– no talking animals please.

219. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Fred Jones, I think my spoof on the announcers was too realistic– I could hear those guys in my head– they are so predictable. LIGHTS OUT! I cannot bear to hear that again– come up with something new. It doesn’t even make sense.

220. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, you have a way with words.

221. By Mike R. on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

I think the league seems to do a better job with schedule. Not sure about this preseason and season rematches. At least it’s not 1985. Vikings played the Eagles at the Masoleum (I mean Vet Stadium). One of Vikings greatest comebacks.
    Three weeks later, the Vikings had to play the Eagles again at Metrodome. Weird scheduling.

222. By VegasVike on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

It seemed like we played a team in pre and regular a couple of years ago but I may be mistaken.

223. By Greasy Panda on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

anyone concerned with our tackling?
    We could have won the KC, Denver, and Oakland game last season had we tackled better.
    I distinctly remember that TD catch to Dwayne Bowe and two of our DBs failed to make a tackle.
    Also that play by tebow he broke like 3 tackles, one sack by Jared Allen that wouldve given him the record.

224. By Spencer on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Dwayne Bowe made Jamarca Sanford and Cedric Griffin look like a clown on that TD. Its a good thing Griffin is gone and Sanford wont be starting.

225. By Sir Greasy Panda on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

It is something so basic and fundamental in football yet it caused us to lose so many games. Not just our team but across the league. You think for millions of dollars you would be able to wrap up and bring them down. Its just laziness. I saw on hard knocks one season and a coached mentioned that some players hate to tackle? what are you serious???

226. By GreatIrishPotatoFamine on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

The most embarrassing play of the year was when Jordy Nelson ran over Cedric Griffin for a TD. They all go diving in with their shoulders, just extend the arms and finish the tackle. Simple

227. By Frederick Jones on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

In 1961 the MN Vikings played the Cowboys in August in a Pre-Season game, and then later in September of that same year.

I think it was somewhat common practice in the pre AFL days.

But not in recent years.

228. By Frederick Jones on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Thank you Mike Wobschall for letting me get that post off!!!

229. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

Purple Loudmouth, Know-it-all Titus, Phoney School Teacher,Cowardly Cur.

Spencer- Foul Mouth, Should-Have-Been Dead- Years-ago, Or in Jail with his
    A$$ Mate-Cook.

230. By DeerTracks on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

GreatIrishpatato

You are very corect on Griffin, but you better repeat what you posted so that it will sink in Titus-What-Ever- his-5-Mile long – feeble-BOOOOOOORRING’MIND?

Spencer You can foget, He wouldn’t understand anyway.

231. By RichardA1 on Jul 4, 2012 | Reply

DeerTracks DeerTracks DeerTracks, I know what your looking for,,,you probably have not heard…..”Berzerk” is the word.

232. By Mike R. on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

All I want is for the Vikings to improve from last year. If they go 4-12 or 7-9 or make a wild card, they have improved. If they learn to wrap up and tackle,they have improved. If they played a hard game for 60 minutes but still lose,they have improved……,,,,

233. By HCG. on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Dare you, creatures of habit…..

234. By HCG. on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

235. By HCG. on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

turtles…

236. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

TitusRidiculousBoomJulyAugustSeptWhatever

Needs a Pathology test on his brain.

If they can find it

237. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Mike B.

I like that “If they play 60 mintues and still lose its an inprovemen”

Thats what I think also, I recall alot of arm waving, and waltzing around the ball carrier last year.

238. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Spencer and Richard1..

There is room in thew chair for both of you..

Sit next to ParasiteTitusAugustNewYears.

239. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

“the” “:t”

240. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

“To” Too” next

241. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I read Mike’s article above and I believe he should change the title– where does this practice schedule change benefit the team?

242. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I was placed on time-out again last night– very frustrating. MIKE W. — You are going to lose all your bloggers in two months come game time! No one will put up with this during a game. Can you imagine in the first quarter being blocked for the remainder of the game? Gang, when Mike W. asks for questions on his next six pick, keep it to one question only— when will you fix the blog?

243. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

If Mike W. has 200 postings and they all ask the same question, can he really ignore it any longer? He may not be responsible for the inner-workings of this site— BUT it is HIS blog— he can find the people to correct it. Gheesh– come on MIKE W. — stop playing the blame it on the other guy, entitlement routine and take action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

244. By Spencer on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Then I guess we’ll just have to space our comments out- you know, post 2 comments per quarter.

245. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I am able to post about 14 comments at a time– so I think they did something. They know what is going on! So, Spencer, you can have three posts a quarter– not bad. Maybe it will keep the quality higher.

246. By northwoodsv2 on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Yeah Titus….you’re right…..This site is NOTHING like the other one….no swearing, no childish taunts, no forays off blog topic, no videos. Just 10 posts and gone.

247. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

248. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Now, I just used up one of my allotted posts– but the horn must be sound! Northwoods, I bet, come game time, the other blog will be rockin’ and this one will die. And I hope people cheer for Moss at the dome and do not pull a Cheesehead reponse like what happened in Green Bay.

249. By megakrab on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Violet Violence

250. By VegasVike on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

How about, THE VIOLENT VIOLETS?

251. By VegasVike on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

LAVENDER LINE?

252. By Troutdaddy on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

@ Northwoods…. Saw the other site- I have popped in week to see how its progressing. Sorry- too much “Garbage” and slimey stuff and the fact that people can swear like a sailor and talk dirty is not what I am about. I am perfectly ok with having some limitations on here to keep stuff family friendly. Plus- this is the “Official” Vikings blog and we get to hear right from the horses mouth. Sometimes it is a little slow and lacks “All” the info, but that is where people like Fred, DRS, Titus, OTKalil etc… (Just to name a few of the many regs) who dig deeper to keep us in the know. I honestly have to say that I was not impressed with the topics on the othe site. It was as if I had stepped into a conversation with Howard Stern and Russell Brandt… Anyways, Thanks for letting us know and keep bleeding purple! Wobs- how about a new thread on just the receivers and how they are stacking up with some stats???

253. By sandiamond on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Titus, yes the article tells nothing of how the practice time change will benefit the team. The only advantage is for fans and the local economy.

The average high temp for Mankato is 83 in july and 81 in august which should be okay but will it be HIGHER this year?

254. By sandiamond on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

TD, bloggers can make their own chose without you continuously knocking the ‘freedom’ site. You might find yourself alone here during and around game time because this timeout issue Will Not work for fans at that point

255. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Sandiamond, exactly what I am warning, but like Troutdaddy, I am not inviting Howard Stern into my living room.

256. By VegasVike on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I’ll be here TD and Mike W. this is my choice so far. Don’t forget the daily Norseman

257. By sandiamond on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Instead of fans wondering all the time why thay have posting issues, why not make it official with a statement?????

ryan cardinal
    bryan harper
    jay nelson
    allan wertheimer
    mike wobschall

258. By purplepeopleeater2012 on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I tried out the “freedom” site as well. It was ok for awhile, but turned into a bunch of bs after awhile. The topics are sub-par, the bloggers are vulgar, selfish, and make up the worst armchair coaches in MN. And at least one post per day is ripping us and calling us stupid for blogging here. I say, keep the timeouts and let the whiners have their little “freedom”club.

259. By Vikingsfool on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Right on PPE, keep the timeouts in place. If nothing else, they have filtered out the annoying and created a more “family” atmoshpere on this blog. Don’t change anything Wobby and keep up the good work. I applaud the new rules. If you want to blog about football, blog here. If you want to blog nonsense, go to the “freedom” page.

260. By Vikingsfool on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

The purple punch

261. By sandiamond on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

vikingsfool, you really set an example of a “family atmosphere”! l m a o
    This is the NFL not a family autograph session

262. By RichardA1 on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Drekared ships, filled with gangs of vikings soon to go bezerk, looting and sacking, discriminatiing, they are not. Barooooooooooooo <-the Vikng horn!

263. By RichardA1 on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

DeerTracks are you trying to get the cheesey green bay packer attire off you, take that somewhere else, like back to green bay!

264. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

You just now read the article It was posted on the 2nd!! That was 4 days ago!

You always comment BEFORE Reading the articlers??

HMMMM, Thats why your posts are Gibberish, huh!

265. By Greatirishpotatofamine on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Last time I went on the other blog there was a squirrel ra$%ing spider-mans face

266. By Vikingsfool on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I hear you diamond, but this site was getting out of controll before the timeout sessions began. I’m just saying that the atmosphere (describe it however you wish) has greatly improved since. And if you pay attention, those bloggers like myself who liked to rattle cages, don’t anymore, since the bloggers who egged it on have left for greener pastures. I say good riddance.

267. By Vikingsfool on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

cmon guys, can’t we all just get along???har har

268. By Frederick Jones on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

TroutDaddy said it all. This is where you want to blog if you are a Viking fan.

I think though that if WOBSCHALL & Company are putting people into TIMEOUTS, they should at least explain why.

There has been no mention by MICHAEL WOBSCHALL about why these TIMEOUTS occur (That I have seen).

269. By Frederick Jones on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

A blog is not something we need to watch football games, it is a luxury.

MIKE WOBSCHALL SHOULD BE AWARE OF THIS FACT, AND GIVE US SOME RESPECT.

Otherwise all he will have is new bloggers.

270. By Vikingsfool on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

We can only speculate why the timeouts exist, but I seriously think it was to weed out certain bloggers and clean up the comments.

271. By Frederick Jones on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

According to Sandiamond these are the people to blame for the faulty blog:

ryan cardinal
    bryan harper
    jay nelson
    allan wertheimer
    mike wobschall

272. By Frederick Jones on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

@Vikingsfool,

You may be right, but why the secrecy?

273. By Vikingsfool on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I remember reading (and posting) the comments on the blog prior to the timeouts. It was getting ridiculous, nothing but nonsense being spouted out by rash un-realistic people (including myself). I for one enjoy the blog much more since then.

274. By Frederick Jones on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Perhaps WOBSCHALL will have to slap down ten rules, or something!

Silence begets silence.

275. By Frederick Jones on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

But conversations like this one are still rare!

276. By sandiamond on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Yes Fred! All Mike has to do is make a statement on a new blog. That one post can be referenced(copy&paste) to other bloggers when the timeout issue questions arise

I can live with an answer and move forward as everyone else that might disagree would have to.
    It would be better to address it than let it continue on and on in this manner……………………

277. By Frederick Jones on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I don’t like censure, but if it’s not spelled out, then it’s downright non-democratic.

278. By KoN on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Geez, Sandiamond, what’s with the attacks. Personally, I don’t mind the new site, I just haven’t really had any time to blog there yet. I see no reason why one cannot blog on both sites. Looking at the site now I see at least a few topisc that interest me.

279. By sandiamond on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

That’s a guess fred as to the name choices of who might be responsbile for the timeout decision

I’m just about out of posts today with only one viking speak. perfect example of why the timeout issue should be addressed

280. By KoN on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Sandiamond, you aren’t limited in posts per day, it is only limited by posts in a short amount of time.

281. By sandiamond on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

KoN, that has not been my past experience with the issue

282. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Ha ha ha– you guys are on the edge of the corner– have fun in your time out!
    Seriously, if the time outs were created to clean up the site and keep bloggers focused on football related issues, it is a poor attempt, because we can still post non-sense, just less of it. If there were some rules posted and then some form of weeding out based on content, that would be an answer. But as Mike W. said in a letter to Parody (I think), he did not want to post rules because it was not right– and that Mike would not ask us for rules at our workplace– I still have trouble with Mike W.’s answer. Seriously? He cannot post rules of the blog? To the bloggers? Yikes! Twilight Zone– dooo doo dooo doo –

283. By KoN on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Don’t know what to tell you Sandiamond, that is just the way that it is.

284. By Spencer on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

….Can you guys please get on topic? We must discuss the training camp schedule.

285. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Richard1 Baby

I can’t stand the GreenBay Packers any more then you

Hate the color Green! Blue and Purple are my favorite..

286. By Spencer on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

DeerTracks- Are you a bigger Joe Webb fan than Vikings fan?

287. By iaVIKE on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Clearly….

288. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, are you coming to Mankato for training camp?

289. By Spencer on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I will never fly up to Mankato in the scorching heat just to watch some 11 on 11 practice. Airfare+hotel= far too much $$$$$.

Now if I lived by Mankato then I probably would tho.

290. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Never say never…

291. By DRS on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Here is to the Vikings and a winning season.

292. By DRS on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Here is a call to arms all ye Vikings for this are the year we win.

293. By Spencer on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I just love how DeerTracks didnt answer my question.

294. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

DRS– I got an idea from the cover of that video clip– the new stadium should have fire pits surrounding the field with stacks of wood burining– smoke fog filling the stadium. Our players could wear night vision goggles.

295. By DRS on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I am ready for this season to begin. To restore the name of Vikings to the place of honor it once had. Real fans do not cut down their own rather they drink the blood of their foes and pick their teeth with the bones of the vanquished. So I eagerly await the start of this season with hope of glory past, SKOL Vikings.

296. By DRS on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus that would be agreeable, they need something to spice up the Vikings experience not like that gloom and doom of a dome they have now.

297. By DRS on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Let us call the new stadium Asgaard then the Vikings could be the Guardians of Asgaard

298. By DRS on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Later one and all.

299. By Mike B. on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer that’s cause you don’t having thing bad to say about Joe Webb. I fyou did he might respond to your questions. lol

300. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Spencer

I would love to answer your? However I was busy getting my AC fixed.

Now I have time..I Am a Fan of Both the Vikings AND Joe Webb..

Right back to you You a bigger Fan of Chris Cook or the Vikings??

301. By Mike B. on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Mike W has acknowledged the issue with me in an email I shared with you all. (The time outs) He is not the Tech support for the Blog, so it isn’t in his control to change or even understand why it is happening. I haven’t yet had a time out, but then I don’t tend to post repeatedly about the same issue as some. Have a great Day. Watch the Heat.

302. By Spencer on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

DeerTracks I’ve already said that im a bigger Viking fan than Cook fan.

You’re the one that said if Webb was cut that you would root for him to destroy the Vikings…

303. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Another reason why Spencer won’t go to Mankato is he doesn’t know where it is

He would most likely go to GreenBay, because when he sees all the water around GB, he thinks he just landed in Minnesota….Yep, that’s Spencer..

304. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Whale the TAR out, NOT distroy! Another one that can’t read…

305. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

REALITY CHECK PALEEEZE—- We understand Mike W. is not the tech man, clearly that is not the point. Mike W. is the PR man and this is his blog– to not acknowledge publicly to the bloggers about the change and to be forthright with them is unprofessional. It is irrelevant that Mike W. is not the tech guy– sounds to me like a “It’s not my job,” mentality, which is a precursor to a poverty mentality. Mike W. has access to the tech people we do not have, and I would believe a vested interest in this blog– so what is he doing about it????? That is the question!!!

306. By Spencer on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Whatever man, but can you explain this?

By DeerTracks on Jun 28, 2012 | Reply
    If you are speaking of Joe Webb, I won’t miss him, I will simply go with him to whick ever team he is traded too, except the packers!

Then I will root for him each , and every time he plays the Vikings!

307. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Clearly DeerTracks is confused– won’t miss him, but will root for him when he plays the Vikings? Come again? Help my five mile long brain with that one, please!

308. By iaVIKE on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

It’s not worth it fellas, no matter how many times you call him out for not being a true Vikings fan, (which he’s not) he’ll come back by calling you something like a “sewer sniffer” and most likely misspell it.

309. By Spencer on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Anyone see the fireworks yesterday?

310. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

All three of you are a wee bit Paranoia..

iaVike–Will watch for your spelling in the future…

Spencer—Still can’t read can you, not even your own repeat post of mine! Where in the blue blazes
    does it state “Distroy” the Vikings?

Same thing for you TitusAlwaysRight–Where did I say WON’t Miss him???
    Still have trouble reading??

A;l three of you need some Pathology work done…Office is open now–

311. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

All three of you are a wee bit Paranoia..

iaVike–Will watch for your spelling in the future…

does it state “Distroy” the Vikings?

Same thing for you TitusAlwaysRight–Where did I say WON’t Miss him???
    Still have trouble reading??

312. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I believe all three of you need some Pathology work done–Office is open.

313. By Spencer on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

A short message just for DeerTracks.

314. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Just reading what Spencer posted, DeerTracks. I apologize if he posted something other than your original.

315. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Well tomorrow the heat wave ends– it will be 86 for a high and it will feel good.

316. By Vikingsfool on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Why don’t you guys just ignore him if he is bothering you?? Also, I’m not sure if the timeouts were made specifically to clean up the nonsense, but more to irritate the “nonsense” bloggers enough so they leave and create their own blog. At least our nonsense is a bit less childish.

317. By Vikingsfool on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Everybody should go over to Packers.com and place one abusive comment on the Packer Blog. It is god’s will.

318. By Vikingsfool on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Twinkies lose. 13 hits and only three runs. GEEZ

319. By Vikingsfool on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Good Call Spence. HERE HERE!!!

320. By Troutdaddy on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Last post for this week for me… (Taking some time off) Just wanted to wish all of you faithful bloggers a very happy 4th of July weekend. Watched fireworks with the family last night. Paid tribute to all of the soldiers past and present and really had a good day celebrating our freedoms. For those of you who serve/served, my heartfelt thanks goes out to you. Time to put on my #80 Cris Carter jersey, plop on my favorite Journey CD and do a little road trip…. Yeah baby… I bleed purple…. Nuf said….

321. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Spencer

WOW you sure have class! Ask Teach Titus what grade he will give you for your Emaculate Portray of Terminology on your Video Clip!

Will make Cook and Vikingsfool very proud of you! HERE HERE.

322. By DeerTracks on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Titus

Give our buddy Spencer an F-Minus 20000 for his efforts.

323. By KoN on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Michael Jenkins 12 lowest drop rate in the NFL over the past three years at 5.88%, right behind Robert Meachem and ahead of Anquan Boldin

324. By Spencer on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

No surprise there KoN, he caught pretty much everything that Ponder threw at him last season.

325. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, I am giving you an A+ for effort, an A-for originality, and a B for teamwork. Oh, and for your audience analysis, your receive a free scholarship.

326. By BandwagonBrownsFan on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

The vikings stink

327. By Spencer on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Funny, whenever you click on that guys name above, it takes you to a website called “spencerlarson.com”

328. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, are you trying to tell us something? Are you one of the Larsonfamily offspring? Anyway, nice job on the videos. Who is this Browns fan? I am not going to even go there; it is way too easy– like giving candy to a baby.

329. By KoN on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

What is an F-Minus 20000?

330. By KoN on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

“The vikings stink” (BandwagonBrownsFan)

…sigh… I’d write you a few paragraphs explaining why you are wrong, but I think you already know that your team will be one of the three worst in the league, whereas ours will be at least average.

331. By BandwagonBrownsFan on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I’m really a viking fan in disguise. Just trying to break the tension and in house fighting. Who would want to jump on the browns bandwagon anyways.

332. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Browns will be in the playoffs in two years — with Holmgren steering that ship, success is inevitable. He knows how to win– and adding Childress was a fine upgrade to the offense.

333. By KoN on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Weeden will be retired in two years. I’m pretty sure he’ll be 40 by the start of the season.

334. By HCG. on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I agree Titus, Childress in a lesser, more focused role, is a nice addition.

335. By HCG. on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

…another nice addition.

336. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Browns really do deserve a title– more than the Saints, in my humble opinion. Then again, I am more familiar with that part of the country, considering I went to school a couple years in Ohio– and am originally from western NY.

337. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Very clever HCG, very clever. I should use you for my marketing.

338. By HCG. on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Couldn’t agree more about the Browns deserving a title. Unlike the other dirty team.

339. By Frederick Jones on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Yippee Skipee Jones is out of time out.

Mike Wobschall you made a mistake!!

340. By Spencer on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Really guys? Please, the Browns suck, and will always suck.

Cleveland Browns: Rebuilding Since 1999.

341. By HCG. on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Hi Fred Jones.
    Titus I thought the Roman leadership took issue with the northern ‘barbarian’ tribes?

342. By KoN on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

I know a team that deserves a championship more than the Browns do.

343. By HCG. on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Jeez Spencer, at least the browns aren’t an evil team, okay I’m out, back to the other blog. I call her WEST GERMANY.

344. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Browns have never been in a Superbowl– how about this: Browns and Vikings in the Superbowl– Vikes win, 43-12?

345. By KoN on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

The Browns were a great franchise before the merger. Since their relocation and subsequent reboot, they’ve had a little trouble.

346. By Frederick Jones on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Admittedly MIKE WOBSCHALL is doing a good job with the interviews and on radio, but this site is pathetic.

Perhaps JONES isn’t that influential but guys like Titus, DRS, Nova, Carl K. and Parody for sure are men of power. It is a mistake to cross them!

When the blog doesn’t work, it brings down the rest of Vikings.com.

PEOPLE TALK AND WORD WILL GET AROUND HOW PATHETIC THIS BLOG IS BECOMING!!!

347. By Frederick Jones on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

@HCG,

Call Mike Wobschall and tell him to get his friends to fix the blog. I am tired of getting cut off!!!

348. By Frederick Jones on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Mike Wobschall when you mess with the blog, you mess with Vikings.com!!!

349. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Take it easy, Freddie– you will be placed on time out soon.

350. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Actually– I think I am very close to the edge of being placed in the corner– the limit is now around 14 postings.

351. By HCG. on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

There are no corners in West Germany, oh look! You can see it from here.

352. By Frederick Jones on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

There are no football games going on right now.

So in the mean time it’s JONES vs. WOBSCHALL

353. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 5, 2012 | Reply

Fred, you can toot all you like, but Wobschall is not even on the field– he cannot hear you.

354. By HCG. on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

355. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

I like the Vikings chances this season…Let sports writers predict what they may…The Vikings will make a good showing this fall…

356. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

I believe the Vikings O-line will be one of the best in the NFL this season…And with very good depth on the bench…

The secondary can only be better…I am not expecting perfection early…But believe the secondary will be a solid unit the second half of the season…After learning from some mistakes..

Hoping the soft schedule early helps us get some wins…While our young secondary learns…

LB core concerns me…Hoping for pleasant surprises there also though…Or at least keeping my fingers crossed…

Main concern here…Is Harvin going to cause more contract related trouble ???…And “yes”…His problems are contract related…GET OUT THERE AND EARN YOUR MONEY PERCY !!!

Zygi PAYS his players that do…

GO VIKINGS !!!

357. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

While I do think the secondary will make some learning mistakes…

I expect some game changing plays from them this year also…

Vikings can win games the first half of this falls schedule with a more “vanilla” base Tampa 2 defense…Just learning the system and getting there timing down,etc…

Then comes the second half of the schedule !!!…

Lions~Packers and Bears… Oh my !!!…

5 of the Vikings 6 games within the division lay in the second half of the schedule…

The Vikings might have plenty of tape out on a vanilla secondary learning their positions and feeling comfortable the first half of the season for division rivals to look at…

But this is where we will see if have the right coaching staff in place for the Vikings ??…

Frazier and the coaching staff is going to need “fresh” and “aggressive” defensive schemes ready for the second half of the season…And some “new” very aggressive schemes ready on offense also…

This fall Vikings schedule is set up almost as a “tale of 2 seasons”…

The Vikings are going to be dealing with a “beast” the second half of the years schedule…But if they play their cards right…They can play that to a small advantage later on also…

If the Vikings are going to have a chance of doing well in the second half of the season…Coaching staff better be ready to make plenty of changes in the second half of the season…

I think a heavy running attack might do well for the Vikings early in the season…With a defense that doesn’t take many chances..

The second half of the season…I see a more passing dominate offense from the Vikings…With a blitzing much more aggressive defense later in the season…

Game planning from the coaching staffs will be the key this season…The talent is there…

358. By DeerTracks on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

KoN

F-20000 is Spencer’s address where he lives at the Garbage Dump.

359. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

Hey DeerTracks, going a bit overboard aren’t we? Take a chill pill and relax.

360. By Vikingsfool on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

Deertracks. There is another blog for guys like you. It’s called vikingsfootballblog. I suggest going over there. You’ll be in likeminded company. It’ll be right up your alley. You can vent your frustration and blog in a childish manner. Seriously, you should check it out.

361. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

Fool is a comedian today- HA HA HA HA.

362. By Vikingsfool on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

They will embrace you like one of their own, and we won’t miss you a bit. Thats vikingsfootballblog.com Serioulsy, deertracks, you need to make the move. You will love the likeminded behavior of the bloggers over there. Do it, really, make the switch, Deertracks. You can act like a four year old on a tantrem and they will embrace your childish manner.

363. By Vikingsfool on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

I mean your genius is just being wasted on a site like this, deertracks. You have such an elite football mind, you can excersise it on another site. Those bloggers are just like you, so tuned into how football works that you don’t even need to talk about it, just trash eachother and everyone on this site. Seriously, deertracks, you should check it out. thats vikingsfootballblog.com

364. By VegasVike on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

Agreed OTK, they should ALSO hold AP out until Simpson comes in, 4th game. Change up the offense then.

365. By Vikingsfool on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

All of your friends will be there as well. All those bloggers, who have vanished from vikings.com, will be there waiting for you. Your elite football mind is being wasted on a site like this. Check out vikingsfootballblog.com, for all your childish needs.

366. By Spencer on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

367. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

VegasVike…

Like your thinking with AP…Peterson I’m sure is thinking he could post big numbers early against the soft schedule…

We need AP the second half of the season…That is when the Vikings can unleash the purple beast…With fresh legs…Ready to rip the division up foes !!…

Gerhart early…AP late…

I expect the passing game to be a HUGE part of the Vikings success later in the season…But I also expect if AP is healthy…To have some HUGE holes to run through because of the passing game coming together…

I expect our TE’s ends and running game to be huge early…

But expect large numbers from AP against good teams…Because of our young WR’s and young secondary playing big the second half of the year…

368. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

I am so excited for this season– after two horrendous years, we should be enjoying some competitive games– we may not win the SB, but I believe we will win more than we lose. Get out the chicken wings and root beer gang!

369. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for the update on Harvin Spencer…

Harvin not causing trouble in camp will be huge…

I love ya Percy !!!…Don’t get me wrong…

But we need leading young players !!…

Not sitting at home with contract issues…

370. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

How is Toby doing?

371. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

I read something a few weeks ago…Toby is doing great…

And ready to carry the load if neccesary early in the season…

372. By OTKalil2012 on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

*necessary

373. By Frederick Jones on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

Don’t vote against Jones vs. Wobschall.

I’ve got as much chance as the Vikings being 12-4, that is for surely!

374. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

12-4 is possible.

375. By RichardA1 on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

16-0 is possible also. Not 8-8, 4-12, whats next, we kind of one 1 game, they did’nt play because we did’nt want anybody to get hurt,,,,we don’t know what were going to do next year,,,,,,,,c’mon, thats not the old gang, the Berzerk gang, there blood line goes back to the purple people eaters. SKOL BAROOO

376. By DeerTracks on Jul 6, 2012 | Reply

Vikingsfool

Yes you are. Your name states it all.

2. Sep 1, 2013: PFT: Broncos say iPad playbooks give them edge | All NFL News