Frazier Optimistic Peterson Will Be Ready For Season Opener

Posted by Mike Wobschall on June 19, 2012 – 5:02 pm

It’s easy to believe in Adrian Peterson.

Since entering the League in 2007, no one has rushed for more yards (6,752) or more TDs (64). And soon, no one in Vikings history will have more rushing yards because he’s just 66 yards behind current record-holder Robert Smith. Oh, and Peterson also holds the NFL’s single-game rushing record with a 296-yard performance against the San Diego Chargers during his rookie season.

There are many more superlatives to Peterson’s credit, but you get the point. It’s easy to believe in #28 because he’s the best RB in the NFL and he consistently does things on the football field that cause you to reach for your DVR remote and rewind so you can watch it again.

That’s why it’s easy to believe that somehow, someway, Peterson will be ready for the Vikings season opener on September 9 at Mall of America Field, approximately nine months after surgery to repair two ligaments in his knee. Pictures like the one below this paragraph and several others in the photo gallery we posted from Tuesday’s practice also support the thought that Peterson will be ready for Week 1.

Also supporting that thought, though, is optimism from Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier.

“It’s not that far out anymore but we’ve talked about some scenarios and gone through some what-ifs,” Frazier said while meeting with reporters on Tuesday. “But so far, he’s on pace with everything the doctors have asked him to do. Just in talking with (head trainer) Eric Sugarman that even yesterday in his examination, they were really pleased with some of the things they saw. We’re optimistic that things are still on course for him to play in that home opener.”

There are many reasons to believe Peterson will be ready to go when the season begins. But it’s not a guarantee, either. The Vikings, while remaining optimistic about Peterson’s recovery, have also stressed that they’ll be cautious in ushering Peterson back to the field so as to ensure A) Peterson follows proper rehab protocol and B) the injury heals sufficiently before Peterson returns to action.

It’s too early to know what course of action the team will take once training camp rolls around. Peterson could begin camp on the active roster as he would in a normal year. Or he could be placed on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. There may be other options as well.

Wisely, Frazier wouldn’t commit to a course of action on Tuesday.

“What we do in training camp, we’ll wait and see when we get to that point,” Frazier said. “We have talked about different options.”

However it shakes out, no one will be surprised once Peterson is back on the field creating more “Did you see that?!” moments.

Tags: , ,

91 Responses to “Frazier Optimistic Peterson Will Be Ready For Season Opener”

1. By Mike B. on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

2. By Mike B. on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

As I promised this morning here is the email I received from Mike W.

Mike – Thanks for reaching out. This entire issue blindsided me because I didn’t do anything to change the settings or limit anyone’s ability to post comments. All of a sudden I have people emailing me about the problem and accusing me of censoring them or of trying to discourage them from interacting.

I still don’t have a complete understanding of what happened to be honest, so it’s difficult for me to speak intelligently about the issue. I’ve come to realize there are limits to the number of comments a person can post within an hour (I can’t remember what the limit or time frame is) and that there is a limit to the number of links a user can share via the comments section. Other than that, I don’t know much about the issue other than the fact that there has been no increased effort by the Vikings to limit user interaction on the blog. That would be counter-productive to what we’re trying to do – drive traffic to the website and encourage interaction and idea exchange among Vikings fans on the website.

Thanks for taking the time to write,
    Mike

3. By parodymmxii on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Peterson will be back for the beginning of the season. His grit and determination will guarantee that. The real question is, how long will it take before he’s back to taking 20+ handoffs a game? He’s going to get eased back in, and we have some good players in place to make that process easier to handle.

4. By Mike B. on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

So from that it is obvious that Mike W isn’t in the loop with this issue.

5. By Spencer on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

I just dont see the point in rushing AP back.

Toby can handle the load for a couple of weeks- no need to risk injury to the $96Mil dollar man.

6. By Parody on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

At least Wobby appeared to care about the issue, but it still shows signs of being deceitful.

“the fact that there has been no increased effort by the Vikings to limit user interaction on the blog.”

This statement leads me to believe that he’s lying, simply from the standpoint that he has not offered anyone outside the Vikings organization who have control over the blog, even upon request. He’s acknowledging that there is an issue, but not taking any responsibility for it or giving any indication that it is in the process of being fixed.

That seems like a classic public relations dodge to me. Deny all responsibility and knowledge of the incident, try to make the public believe you care and lie through your teeth whenever the truth may give the public power over you. If he keeps this up, Wobby may just find himself elected into office!

7. By Parody on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

On the case of Harvin threatening a holdout, I have doubts that it’s about money. He’s good, but his injury history is too long to justify a new, bigger contract before the end of his rookie deal. In an article, I read that Percy is not saying that the issues are necessarily about a bigger contract.

One of the WRs we drafted has the build to be a slot receiver, so that could be a part of Percy’s concern. Does the team still value his contributions, or are we preparing to move on with a younger version at a bargain price?

Percy should be happy with the money he’s getting right now, considering that if he were drafted at the same spot in the last two years, his overall contract would have netted about $400,000 less per year, and given him no holdout options.

I have my doubts that any team outside the Vikings organization would enough interest in Harvin to offer him much more than we are paying him anyways. The injury history is bad enough that most teams wouldn’t want to take the chance unless it comes at a bargain price.

Percy could hold some extra value for the team in the first few weeks too. I suspect that he’ll get an extra chunk of carries while AP eases back into starter shape, and he’ll get more targets in the air while Simpson waits out his suspension. That may be just enough to get the team to fold and extend him a big contract. Time will tell.

8. By mjbvikeme on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

testing

9. By Spencer on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

My guess is Harvin is upset about the lunch caterer. Wouldn’t be the first time a WR was upset with the food..

10. By Vikingsfool on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

I hope they don’t rush him, but if he is ready, you play him.

11. By Vikingsfool on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Moss did take him under his wing……

12. By Vikingsfool on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

maybe he is sick of losing?

13. By Conjon on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

That lunch caterer joke oh god made me lol I approve

14. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

What is an “increased effort”? Was there effort already exerted? Wow, Mike W. sure changed his tone in the latest email, but I agree with Parody: A lot of his wording gives away a man playing the PR game- oh, poor me, blindsided with accusations. That is not at all lining up with his prior responses — oh, nothing has changed, I can post fine. If you are going to spin, learn to spin.

15. By mjbvikeme on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Pay Percy more and get him more touches. I have trouble seeing another view stating that Percy is not worth it. Every single game I see, I dont see any other player run as hard as percy. He is the definition of giving it 100 percent. The dude is strong, doesnt go down easy, and doesnt let up to lessen the impact of a certain collision. Still think he is our best 3rd down option at RB. He needs more touches. We did not sign many in the offseason, would be a great year to frontload his contract. Wish this was done earlier, so he didnt have to voice his concerns.

16. By Vikingsfool on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

And if that’s the case, c-ya later man. (i wish I’d have posted that in the last post so I wouldn’t have wasted a post. Stoopid fool

17. By Vikingsfool on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

So titus, rather than talk about the post limit conspiracy…..how about those Vikings?

18. By Spencer on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Interesting…Adam Schefter on ESPN said he believes Percy is disgruntled because of the lack of talent at the WR position.

So Viking WR’s, Percy is indirectly saying hes not happy because you guys SUCK.

19. By rocksalt on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

If the powers that be (WordPress.com) wished to enforce that folks stay on topic, they could have some type of flag system whereby bloggers are flagged, tagged, whatever.for the number of posts off-topic, then put into timneout. The way it is now, EVERYONE is robotically giveen some ARBITRARY limit to their posts, whether on or off-topic.
    That, my fellow vikings fans, is simply BS………….

20. By Vikingsfool on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

contrary to what I just posted about not talking of the post limit conspiracy. I do have to say that I like it here a lot better as of late. Less argumentive bloggers (all of them have left), and I’m not constantly feeling like I want to send certain bloggers down a notch. I even talked to Spencer, my arch-rival. Yup, kinda liking this page these days. Am I the only one?

21. By rocksalt on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

BTW Wobschall is just a beat writer…he has no say over website host policies…..

22. By Vikingsfool on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Crazy, Spencer, I just posted that he might be getting sick of losing. It must be the likeness of our genius.

23. By Vikingsfool on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

So Rocksalt, how’s it going on your little blog over there?

24. By rocksalt on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

good..we have no limits….Vikingsfool try posting over 12.see where that gets you.

25. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

YAY!!!!! Vikings, say, They’rrrrrreeee GREAT!

26. By Spencer on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Vikingsfool- why the he|| am I your arch rival? haha

27. By DeerTracks on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

It is possible that with Peterson given light duty in the first few games to test his leg, then Toby will be the most logical one to take the runs, not Harvin…

28. By rocksalt on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Toby 3yds in a cloud of dust…….

29. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

I love Vikings football.

30. By ozzinator on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

All hail Gov. Walker!

31. By parodymmxii on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

DeerTracks – I think both Harvin and Gerhart will be getting a bit of the extra load while AP continues to heal. Harvin has shown that he can do a lot with the ball on the run, so it would be foolish to ask only Toby to take up the slack. They have different running styles, and using them both throughout the game will help increase the difficulty on opposing defenses.

32. By ozzinator on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Some day, President Walker.

33. By ozzinator on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Chalk one up for the union busters!

34. By rocksalt on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

keep postoing Ozz 8 more……then _______________

35. By Spencer on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Lol. No response by Vikingsfool yet?

Looks like somebody his watching this blog on mute haha!

36. By DeerTracks on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Rocksalt

Yep, thats Toby. Frazier already stated on TV today, he intents to use Gerhart more this year. Also stated he was very pleased with Toby’s play action last year after Peterson was injured..

37. By ozzinator on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

I rarely post more than 3 Bathsalt

38. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

39. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

I’m going for a ride– beautiful weather in Minneapolis tonight– be back later…

40. By OTKalil2012 on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Pay Percy for what ??…

For taking off a ton of games because of migraines ??..

So sick these “prima donna” players wanting new contracts with more than one year left on their contracts…Harvin isn’t going into his final year this season…Harvin has 2 years left on his rookie contract…Honor that contract and prove your worth Harvin !!…

Stay healthy and play football…

Rice whined about a contract also his final years here…How well has Rice played since leaving ??…All that guy has done since is sit on the sidelines nursing injuies…

If you want a big contract Percy…Stay on the playing field healthy and EARN IT !!!…

41. By DeerTracks on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Parodymmii

Don’t get me wrong, I hope Percy get his turn on runing the ball!

He is one of the best when he takes off! And very exciting to watch!

42. By rocksalt on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

I understand ,wizzinator……good for you to not go beyond your limits….LOL.

43. By Spencer on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Chill OT, Percy is a warrior. The toughness he has is just amazing- the dude never goes down on first contact and when he does get tackled he seems to always the leave the tackler on his back!! And on top of that he was battling rib/shoulder injuries and still showed up to work despite playing on a sh-tty team!

You should be ashamed for calling Percy a prima donna…

44. By OTKalil2012 on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

I hate when players ask for new contract extensions with 2 years or more years left on their original contracts…

I don’t care how good that player is…I love Percy…But HATE whiners !!…Harvin has missed plenty of playing time for health reasons and migraines…Way to big of a risk to extend his rookie contract right now…

If Harvin doesn’t like his contract…Trade him to a team like the Pats…He will either play his next 2 seasons there on his current contract…Or not play at all…

Vikings have been very good about paying players going into their final season of their contracts…

I am sure Harvin would also if he stays healthy and has another good season this fall…

If that isn’t good enough for him…To do what every other player should do…

Then trade him…Players get hurt not showing up at training camps to get into shape…

45. By rory from n.w.ark on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

really looked like coach fraisier was very cocerned over harvins attitude,he didnt act at all like himself ,you could see he was very nervous acting when fielding questions about harvin…in his last video,….i only hope this all gets handled cause obviosly we need harvin happy to be a viking and believe in what is going on there…..harvin needs to remember who believed in him and has been behind him all the way go vikings ………this will be a year to remember …the year the vikings turn it around and kick the ….. out of our division foes,than who knows…….

46. By parodymmxii on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

The threat of Harvin’s holdout got me to wondering if there is any leverage to get him to play. Does anybody know the rules of the NFL for players who decide to hold out on their contracts?

It seems to make sense that they agree to forfeit any game checks that they’d otherwise get if the player chooses to hold out, but I’m just speculating on that. That would amount to about $57K for every game that Harvin chooses not to play.

47. By Spencer on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Dam, seems like everybody just bounced.

Oh well, game 4 is on.

Sk0l VIkings!

48. By Immure on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Well If Harvin doesn’t get a contract extension and doesn’t hold out during the regular season. I hope he doesn’t decided to pull a Desean Jackson and let it effect the way he plays.

49. By Immure on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

I also received the exact same form letter that Mike B. received from Mike Wobs in reply to an email I sent him.

50. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Imuure– that is very sad. Mike W. probably spent hours figuring what he thought was the perfect response—- but alas, a PR blunder.

51. By mjbvikeme on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

no matter what it says on a contract, players can be cut at anytime. The same people who say players should play their whole contract , should be saying the same for the team that cuts a player with years left.

52. By KoN on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

I’m thinking that Percy is upset with the posting limit on this blog and he’s going to holdout until it is fixed.

53. By KoN on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Are Vikingsfool and Shawn the same blogger?

54. By novascotiavike on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Titus, hours spent by liars trying to “justify” their fallacies are, as you know, non- refundable . Wobschal has, as the die-hard contributors to this blog have already expressed , stated (A)…. Nothing has changed on this blogs or….(B)……I never knew anything about it “. Think (C)…….Bullsh1t,……sorry I don’t often use that language, but it deserves it here.

55. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Nova, eloquently and truthfully put– well stated my friend from up north!

56. By novascotiavike on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

See you down the road on the “other blog” my friend.

57. By T.allen.govikes on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

percys the best wr we got!!! hope they work it out.

58. By celticvikingwarrior on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

@ mjbvikime, you make it sound as though “good player’s” are getting “cut’ left and right all around the NFL, which is of course, NONSENSE !
    Teams do NOT just “cut” good player’s for no reason.
    These are afterall performance based contract’s, wheather it be a first round “star”, or an undrafted F/A. They are contract’s for performance ! That does NOT just mean on Sunday’s on national tv, that also means on the practice field, in the classroom, and yes out on the town on ANY given night.. You have to show the desire, ability etc, to demonstrate you are deserving of one of those oh so precious contracts.
    Even one of the greatest wide receivers OF ALL TIME got cut, and ADMITTED THAT HE DESERVED TO BE CUT, AT THE TIME!!!
    I’m of course talking about Cris Carter.
    Why would a team or ANY business owner HONOR a contract if the person is just standing on the sidelines doing nothing, demonstrating no desire or ability to learn a thing in the classroom, or is out getting thrown in jail every other week, IT’S LUDICROUS !!!!!!!!!!!!

59. By novascotiavike on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

If a client of mine signs a contract to have his property surveyed, I survey his property. If I make a mistake, it means that I have to go to court ON MY TIME. Depending on the job, if I make a BIG ENOUGH mistake, I could lose everything. I still have to go to court if the neighbour’s surveyor doesn’t agree with me. These people sign a CONTRACT….why should their contract be any different than mine ??

60. By VegasVike on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

10-4 OTK, when a player deserves an extension he gets it. Those (AP) are the players that give it all. Looks like my #12 jersey just got deep spaced into my closet.

61. By Spencer on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Would you trade Percy for Bowe straight up?

62. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, would you trade AP?

63. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

I just looked at the weather channel map– Minneapolis is almost the warmest spot in the whole country right now– except for a few places like Arizona, Death Valley, and Texas. UGH– I hate a/c but may have to leave it on all night— cannot wait for winter– joking!

64. By mjbvikeme on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Celtic. Point is missed. Percy has gone above and beyond his contract. #1 reciever.#1 returner. #3 RB going by rusing yards… find another #1 reciever with consecutive years being #1 with a lower salary.

65. By KoN on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

I wouldn’t make that trade Spencer. Harvin is a couple of years younger, he’s a more dynamic player, and he had 1832 total yards last year (recieving, rushing, and returning) as compared to Bowe’s 1171 (recieving and rushing). Plus, with the team possibly having a deep threat this year, his numbers could make an even larger jump than they normally would have.

66. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

85 degrees with a 66 dewpoint at 1240 am — how am I to sleep??

67. By KoN on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

It’s crazy Titus, I was on a trip to Florida recently and when I got back it was actually hotter here than it was there, albeit much less humid.

68. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

I have the a/c on, but I much prefer the windows open– this is a crazy place of extremes, but in Florida weather like this would go on for months– at least we oscillate often– cooler tomorrow. And no gators or huge insects.

69. By KoN on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, most people think cold when they think of MN, but not many (other than residents of course) realize how hot it gets here as well.

70. By Rogerthevikefan on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

Oh no people are off topic call the firing squad.

71. By Rogerthevikefan on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

I’ll say this it is likely cheaper to extend Harvin now then if he dominates this coming season.

72. By parodymmxii on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

It’s complete speculation right now, but from reports I’d guess that Harvin is feeling alone in the receiving group. He doesn’t want to voice what the problem is, and generally NFL players have had little reservation voicing themselves when they feel they aren’t being paid what they’re worth.

Since he was drafted in 2009, the team has seen a lot of turnover around him. Rice was a great presence on the field his rookie year, and probably did a lot to help him earn the ROY award. Berrian wasn’t anything special while he and Percy were on the same team, but who’s to say that they didn’t form a friendship? Moss came aboard, and it sounded as if he and Harvin hit it off early and became friends before Chilly spat him back out. Now Harvin has to become familiar with 3 new WRs around him who are likely to get a fair ammount of playing time this season.

Then you have the fact that he hasn’t been able to form a relationship with a QB either. Favre seemed to love throwing his way, but his career ended after Harvin’s rookie year. McNabb never found a rhythm with the team, and now it appears as if Ponder has taken on Simpson as his best friend, which could well be putting the star receiver on the outside looking in as the #2 option for our starting QB.

It just seems as if Harvin isn’t feeling the respect he has earned, and isn’t able to connect with the other guys on the team.

73. By joshvoigt on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

I would trade Percy Harvin for a 2nd draft pick, Dwayne Bowe, in exchange for Percy, our 3rd rd draft pick, and an additional one that would be based on our performance.

74. By Matthias on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

For everybody complaining about the post limit… You can change your name and e-mail address (fake-address like blablabla@bla.bla).

Topic:

I totally agree with parodymmxii. Only time will tell us what the real issue is.

75. By joshvoigt on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

Actually. Scratch That trade scenario I just made. I would send our 2nd, 4th, and 5th rd draft picks to Tampa Bay for Aquib Talib if things don’t work out with Josh Robinson.

76. By celticvikingwarrior on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

@ mjbvikeme, Let’s agree to disagree, I believe he is a great player……
    If you think he’s outperformed his contract, fine !
    I happen to think his contract is irrelevent to to the matter of how he play’s, they are two seperate issues that SHOULD BE addressed when his current contract expires, OR if the Vikings CHOOSE to reward him ONE year early, that is their perogitive as his EMPLOYER’S.
    However to snivel about it with 2 years to go is absurd, and dishonorable !!!
    The point though is actually moot as we don’t even now for sure if that is indeed the issue.
    The other point’s made about him being sick of losing, the constant turnover etc. are just as valid.
    The one I don’t put stock in is the belief that he is upset with the lack of talent around him. In the past YES, now NOWAY, not with Simpson, Childs, Wright, maybe Burton and ESPECIALLY with Rudolph and Carlson, not to mention our RB’s. We may actually be OVERLOADED to the point that where that is his problem, worried about NOT ENOUGH TOUCHES.
    He has NEVER struck me as the “prima dona, me first” kinda guy.Alway’s the opposite in fact.

77. By megakrab on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

I just looked at the pictures of AD doing his rehab… You don’t realize how big these guys are and how good of shape they are in until you see them next to a normal human. lol He looks akinny on the field, next to the other players. He isn’t so skinny next to a regular human being.

78. By thenaj17 on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

@celticviking – That talent around him isn’t as good as you suggest that we are overloaded. Childs and Wright are rookies who are completely unproven. Rudolph needs to impose himself much more this year and Simpson has never been consistent enough to be a respected NFL wideout. Take the biased blinkers off and see what everyone else around the league is saying about our receiver core

79. By rocksalt on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

Percy has requested a trade.

80. By DeerTracks on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

Rocksalt

Oh No!I I didn’t catch that! Where did that come from?

81. By megakrab on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

Well if he doesn’t want to play for us than F\_/CK him. He’s a great player, but if he’s not going to be faithful to the team that drafted him, then he’s garbage in my book. He was one of my favorite players. Hopefully we can get another reciever or a good pick out of him. Farewell Percy. Hope you fall on your face wherever you go.

82. By megakrab on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

Report: Percy Harvin requests trade from Minnesota Vikings

83. By megakrab on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

84. By megakrab on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

They are saying that he most likely won’t be granted his wish. It sounds to me like he doesn’t agree with the QB situation or he doesn’t like the play calls. It says he’s been watching film from last year and its not working for him… whatever that means. If he follows thru with this and gets traded, I hate him. If they get it resolved and this is just a hollow threat… I still love him. lol

85. By DeerTracks on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

Percy isn’t going anywhere…He is good enough to rate a pay raise!

Look at Peterson…Zillon dollars, and that is even if he fumbles a few games away!.

86. By megakrab on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

I don’t think its the money though… Why would he want a trade if he wants a raise. Trading him would keep his contract and give it to the other team. I think he doesn’t like the personnel.
    Ponder has been making friends with simpson and i dont think percy likes it. I think percy likes Webb better.

87. By DeerTracks on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

megakrad

Percy likes Webb better?? Thats makes two of us…

88. By celticvikingwarrior on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

@ thenaj17—-I NEVER STATED AS FACT, OR EVEN MY OUTRIGHT OPINION “that we ARE overloaded”…..
    What I did say was that we “MAY” be overloaded….
    There is a HUGE difference in the two statement’s, and if you are going to give me $hit about ANYTHING have the decency to get a clue about the language we speak, and what different word’s mean……….
    It WILL take ALOT of work and actual production before we ARE overloaded, but at least the POSSIBILITY exist’s, as we have a level of talent and depth not seen for sometime, IN MY OPINION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

89. By celticvikingwarrior on Jun 20, 2012 | Reply

One more thing in regard’s to “what everyone else around the league is saying about our receiver’s”, I DON’T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I MAKE UP MY OWN MIND based on many thing’s.
    Am I wrong sometimes ? YES !!!!!
    However FAR MORE OFTEN THAN NOT I’m correct in my “opinion’s”

90. By rory from n.w.ark on Jun 21, 2012 | Reply

SO SAD ,THE FACT PERCY IS A MAIN COMPONENTTO OUR OFFENCE IS OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE,BUT WHAT BAD TIMING FOR ALL THE OTHER PLAYERS THERE TRYING TO SHOWCASE THEIR TALENTS,ITS A DISTRACTION WE DO NOT NEED OR SHOULD PUT UP WITH,,, PERCY THERE IS A PLAYER THERE RIGHT NOW THAT LIKE YOU IN YOUR ROOKIE YEAR HAS VERY SIMILAR TALENTS THAT YOU POSSESSED ,SO YOU BETTER QUIT THE WHINING AND WORRY ABOUT WHO IS THERE THATS GOT THE DESIRE TO START FOR OUR VIKINGS,,J. WRIGHT MAY BE THE NEXT PERCY ,,,, YOUR NOT DOING ANY GOOD FOR THE TEAM AND FOR GOODNESS SAKES AFTER LAST YEAR WE DONT NEED YOUR WHINING NOW ,REMEMBER WHAT TEAM REALLY MEANS ,,,IF NOT TRADE HIM FOR A FIRST ROUND PICK NEXT YEAR WE WILL GET BY WITHOUT YOU PERCY,NO ONE IS WORTH HANGING ON TO IF HE HAS NO DESIRE TO HELP OUR TEAM…..

91. By AJ on Jun 21, 2012 | Reply

If the players stay health and the QB has good protection, this team can do anything they want.