Henderson Grows In Role As Playmaker And Leader

Posted by Mike Wobschall on June 18, 2012 – 9:25 am

Erin Henderson was a standout performer during the Vikings 10 Organized Team Activities (OTAs) the past three weeks, seemingly always around the ball and never one to shy away from competition. He’s been a fun player to watch evolve after entering the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2008 and then growing into a starting role last year.

While he’s established himself as a starter on the Vikings defense, Henderson hasn’t fallen into complacency. His background as an undrafted free agent who’s earned a spot on the Vikings roster and the competitive nature he possesses won’t allow him to do that. Henderson’s progression isn’t exclusively on-field improvement, either. Those who observe practice, from media to coaches, have noticed Henderson growing into his role not only as a playmaker, but as a leader as well.

“That’s a good observation because he has become more vocal,” Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier said last week. “I don’t know if it’s because E.J. is not here, but some of it is the inexperience we have also at the linebacker position without Chad (Greenway) being here. But he has become more vocal.”

Greenway was absent for some of the Vikings OTAs recently as he tends to a family matter. But in a few seasons as Henderson’s teammate and more importantly in the time he’s spent with Henderson this offseason, Greenway has also noticed his teammate growing into a more significant role and discussed it with Radio Voice of the Vikings Paul Allen on his weekday 9-noon show on KFAN.

“With Erin looking to be that nickel MIKE (middle linebacker), just because of his experience last year, he has got unbelievable range and his wingspan is ridiculously big,” Greenway said. “He’s got great hips in coverage, he’s proven that last year on film. I’m so excited for his future at that position.”

Whether Henderson plays strong-side or weak-side. Or whether he’s the nickel MIKE or not, Henderson has an important place on this team, and he’s stepping up his performance appropriately.

“He understands he’s in a role now where we need him to step up and speak up and really help the young guys that are on our defense,” Frazier said. “He’s growing. He’s growing as a player and a person, which is good for us.”

Tags: , ,

106 Responses to “Henderson Grows In Role As Playmaker And Leader”

1. By vikingblake on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

i hope his nasty streak comes out with his leadership skills! as a running back we need u worried when u hit that middle!

2. By Frederick Jones on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

@Nova,

After looking at the other website, I DO NOT WANT TO GO ON IT.

Too much swearing, and it’s too informal.

3. By Frederick Jones on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Erin Henderson should not automatically get a job as a starting linebacker. He hasn’t earned it, and he is young enough to continue to compete and GROW as a player.

4. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Fred, keep posting– everyone keep posting. When the season starts and you want to have a discussion during the game— at 10 posts– somewhere in the first quarter, you will be history! Help make history– stop participating here– it is the only way our concerns will be heard.

5. By RichardA1 on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Solomon Elimimien!

6. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Well thats great news to hear. Hopefully Erin can progress to Greenways level in this up-coming season.

But my biggest concern is with the most important position on defense: MLB.

I have my doubts about Jasper Brinkley and Solomon Elimimian, the former CFL standout, is an unknown.

7. By Parody on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

If erin is as good as Greenway said at the Nickel MLB, then shouldn’t he be able to handle the 4-3 MLB just as well? A lot of us want to start seeing more playing time for Griffin, and this would create a great opportunity to move him into the starting lineup.

8. By Frederick Jones on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Wobschall should could would do something about this sick blog.

Something must be done to restore confidence in bloggers ability to post.

9. By Frederick Jones on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Titus,

Are you for posting or against posting on here? Your message is unclear, and you keep posting!

10. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Fred, I would enjoy posting here only if I could post– right now, if we got into a debate, you might win because I would be shut out. So, I am for not posting to achieve an audience with those who make the blog. If you notice, Fred, I do not post anywhere near like I used to, and most of my posts are about the time-outs. Looks like a hot one today– are you going for a run?

11. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

We still haven’t heard anything about newcomers Zackary Bowman and Chris Carr. I thought these guys had a little something left in the tank- they obviously don’t. I mean all throughout OTA’s we have been hearing about WR’s tearing it up and if a WR is doing well, that indicates a Cornerback is not.

I thought that by mini-camp Zackary Bowman would have the inside track for the #2CB spot, and that Carr would be starting over Winfield. Boy was I wrong, these guys have no game.

The biggest secondary question is who will emerge as the #2 CB?
    -Bowman
    -B.Burton
    -J-Rob
    -Bobby Felder

Right now I have more faith in Felder than Josh Robinson.

12. By DRS on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Everyone I remember not too long ago there were some on this blog who wanted censorship of fellow bloggers, to stay on subject and such, they wanted others blocked, always yelling at Mike to do something about that issue. Well maybe he did and now it has come back to bite us all in the a-s-s. When freedom is taken from one, it is taken from us all.

13. By DRS on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Here is to fredom, god bless U all.

14. By DRS on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Sorry that should have been freedom not fredom.

15. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Well a positive that came out of “the leader of the defense” skipping OTA’s is that Everson Griffin got starting reps at Right DE. Provided that he gets the appropriate amount of snaps, it would not surprise me to see Griffen have a breakout year with over 10+ sacks.

Im rootin for you Griff!

16. By DRS on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I think this will be a much better team than most believe it to be. Now the only question is will the staff, such as our coaches, be able to lead this team with some once of intelligence, to not stand on the sidelines having that look of a deer in the lights of a oncoming car, to have a plan if the first plan fails to produce a favorable outcome, that be the real question.

17. By DRS on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Have things to do, here is to freedom, liberty, and the Vikings way, have fun and I hope this site will allow unlimited postings.

18. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, you gotta realize that these non-contact, padless OTAs are basically batting practice to boost confidence. The drills are set up to be as physical as the Pro Bowl.

Even when the team graduates to pads they won’t be going all out because who wants to be known as the guy who broke Harvin’s leg, or hyper-extended Kalil’s knee?

I’m waiting for pre-season, because THAT’s when the schmidt hits the fan.

19. By carlk300 on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Nice post Mike Wobschall. 1 good fresh blog post like this every day and you will NOT need to limit comments, Nor will you need to worry about off topic comments.

Keep it fresh! I love the photos too.

I am also curious about Erin playing MLB on more than Nickel packages… and where has E Griffen been lining up at in OTAs?

20. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

CarlK – Griffen has been lining up in JAs spot.

21. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

NorthwoodsVikesFan- My issue is that ery player showed up for OTA’s. If a handful of star players didnt attend then I wouldnt have any problem with it.

But since that wasnt the case, this doesnt sit well with me.

22. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Is it reminding you of another high-priced veteran we had recently?

23. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Yes- its very Favre esque.

24. By carlk300 on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Norwoods- once JA shows up… what will happen with E Griffen? Any Ideas?

25. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I would think that whatever his ‘special workouts’ are, they could duplicate them closer to the team.

26. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Wobs said Griffen would move back over to the L side of the line. It’s good to know someone else is getting experience on that side for when JA needs a breather.

27. By KoN on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Northwoods, I completely agree you can’t make any judgements from OTAs. Spencer, you are rushing to decisions. Because you haven’t heard anything about a few players during OTAs it means that they suck? That is just ridiculous. Also, did you actually say that you believe that an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE has the best chance of being the starting #2 CB?

28. By megakrab on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

JA works out with U.S. Special Forces for his special workout. I read a post about it last year. He was doing everything they do to stay in shape.

29. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

KoN just like some people believe a 7th round QB will beat out a 1st round QB for the starting position.

30. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Wow I can post again!

31. By iaVIKE on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

haha nice, GDP. Yah been hearing good things about Felder

32. By GrandDaddyPurp on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I really dont care that much about the defense. My main concern is the OLine. The Lions have that great DLine rotation. Bears have Peppers and now a ridiculously good LB core now with Briggs, Urlacher, and McClellin. The packers also got Nick Perry to play oppisite of Matthews and they got DT Jerel Worthy to go with Raji. If our OLine cant hold their own we are looking at a very long season.

Kalil is not going to fix our entire OLine himself.

33. By Dave on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Jarred Allen likes to play every snap.I think he was in 96% of the plays last year and the year before that..When you are as good as he is you tend to leave him in.Allen gives 100% on every play and has amazing stanima!
    He had 22 sacks last year and I doubt any of them were coverage sacks.If our DB’s can make the QB’s hang on to the ball a second or two longer this year,our DL will have more sacks and QB hits.It does’nt matter how good a QB is,if he gets hit enough he will start throwning Int’s.!!
    Having Winfield healthy will be a huge help.Plus I’m sure he teaches our younger players alot.He’s seen it all in the 14 years he’s been in the league.I expect our CB’s and Safetys to play alot bettr this year!

34. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

By KoN on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply
    —————————————————————————————–

Heres the way I see it, throughout OTA’s we’ve been hearing about how good the WRs have been. And if a WR is doing good, that clearly means a CB lacks the ability to guard him. Im not saying they suck- just that they havent shown anything yet.

And just because a player is undrafted, doesnt mean they are a scrub. There is a plethora of NFL players that have had successful careers despite not being drafted..

35. By DeerTracks on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Did I miss something? I read somewhere that Brian Banks was coming to Minnesota to try out for the Vikings!

What happened? I had heard that Frazier was interested in Banks.

36. By KoN on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

True Spencer but it is a lot harder to cover someone when you have to be careful how much contact you have so as not to break the rules. We are only getting secondhand accounts of practices whose main purpose is to reintroduce players to playing football after the offseason, so I wouldn’t put much weight in what we are hearing. Also, I am not saying that Felder cannot be succesful at some point in his career, but it seems ridiculous to assume that he would win the starting job as a rookie over others such as Winfield who is only a year removed from being a probowler, or Carr who was a consistent player in one of the best pass defenses in the league, Bowman who proved ( even if it was only one year) that he has the ability to be a good corner on the NFL, or even Robinson whose draft position shows that most believe he will be a better CB.

37. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Wow.

38. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Tom Pelissero just said that he doesnt see Bowman working out for us. Called him too old and slow- likely a special-teamer..

39. By KoN on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Well he has only had one good year, but too old and slow sounds stupid. He’s only 27. Still, if it is betweeen him and Carr, I think Carr wins.

40. By RichardA1 on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I can’t wait for them to put on pads when they practice, all my money is on Solomon Elimimen. Right now this NFL stuff is new to him, I can understand he is in a learning phase. Solomon specialty is hitting, can’t wait, I want to see him hitting like he did in Canada, I hope the transition goes good, w ill really boost the D if he can play that good here. (I just hope they keep him on the team until then)

41. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Is Elimimen your favorite player, Rich? You mention him a lot.

42. By Frederick Jones on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

I will play tennis today because I have a match tomorrow. At my age, apparently I have to decide between running, tennis and wt. training. I just get too beat up if I don’t.

Yes, my brother recommends cycling. But I don’t enjoy it.

43. By Frederick Jones on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer,

I have also become worried about the linebacking. I didn’t think Erin Henderson was any good last year, now they are touting him as our second best backer?

Wow, I hope that’ not true!!!

44. By Frederick Jones on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Titus…do we need a linebacker?

45. By iaVIKE on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I agree, Fred. I don’t really see why some people are so high on Henderson. And the lack of interest from other teams in free agency makes one wonder too. But we only signed him to a 1 year, so he’ll really have to show up this year.

46. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Very good article on Erin Henderson…

47. By T.HARRIS on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Erin Henderson or Jasper Brinkley is not it.I’m not feeling either one of them and i am a big Viking fan.I’ve watch them since they join the team.

48. By RichardA1 on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

If he plays here like he did in Canada yeah, I like the all out effort type of player, I hate seeing the athlete who gets a million a game after contract diputes and plays oh hum, average and the announcers are quick to compliment his subpar play. Solomon really looks like he has what it takes.

49. By KoN on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Lance Briggs ( one of the best 4-3 olbs in the league) had 105 tackles, 0 sacks, 4 pass breakups, 2 FF, and 1 INT in 16 starts.

Erin Hnderson had 70 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 2 pass breakups, 2 FF, and 0 INTs in 11 starts in his first year as a starter. So my response to Fred and iaVIKE is that I don’t really see why some people are so down on Henderson, he had a great first year as a starter and will likely only improve.

50. By iaVIKE on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

That’s what I mean, KoN. He has the one year contract to show us how much he has progressed…otherwise Spielman and co will be addressing that position early in next years draft.

51. By QB on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

In Texas, I’ve had to watch my Vikes through the NFL Ticket. Saw a commercial that it’s $199 this year. Does anyone know if that is for all users or just new subscribers? Normal price is over $300. Thanks!

52. By DeerTracks on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I have noticed that if you want to be ignored, just ask a simplr question!

Like what happened to the try-0ut of Brain Banks for the Vikings?????

53. By DeerTracks on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Yes, and also a simple one as well===

54. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I remember when Harry taught the Hendersons about leadership and teamwork.

55. By Immure on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

DeerTracks- I don’t think Banks has visited the vikings yet, last week he visited Seattle and left w/o a contract and then I think he was going to try out with the 49ers.

56. By Immure on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

He’ll be there for a 3 day mini camp to try out. Not sure if he has any other visits scheduled afterwards. But he’s already visited with cheifs, chargers, and seahawks.

57. By carlk300 on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Thanks Norwood-
    But what I am after is did Everson lineup at other positions with the second or third team D?

What is Frazier’s long term plan with Everson?
    Is he just a backup DE?
    Will he see any playing time at DT?
    Is the experiment of using him as a LB over?

Against Detroit last year Everson played 24 snaps and lined up in 3 different position. Will he be doing that again this year?

58. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Last season E.Griffin played a ton at the DT position.

59. By DeerTracks on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Thanks, Immure. Banks had been listed to visit the Vikings either before he went to Seattle, or right afterwards, that was when Frazier had been interested

Looks like Banks is trying out the wallets of a number of places..

60. By tdurfeightyeight on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I think the Twins should release Capps…Whats going on with the stadium issue?

61. By tdurfeightyeight on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

DRS…don’t you mean ounce of intelligence?…waiting for an apology…one word can change a whole paragraph,let us not forget.

62. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Fred Jones– you don’t enjoy cycling? HUH? Are you human?

63. By KoN on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Griffen has a lot of talent and I wish that he would get more play time, but the only way that is going to happen is if he beats out Robison (who is very good in his own right) or if JA retires. I don’t know that he’d be nearly as good as a full time LB or DT as he would be at DE.

64. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Just finished my first time-out. I’m SOMEBODY now!!!!

You guys were right. That sux.

65. By rocksalt on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Here is to Freedom DRS………not this frokkin Gestapo site!

66. By rocksalt on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

BTW Titus.Tennis is like athletics and chess rolled into one.cycling and running are for a different breed….seem rather boring to me……

67. By Jeffbleedspurple on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I’m with you Fred, I don’t think Erin is all that good, I am certain this year our linebackers will be the weakest link on the team, the secondary won’t get those honors this year and the defense of line won’t be that far behind them, I do think the secondary will be the only improvement we see in our defense.

68. By tdurfeightyeight on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Roger is a free man…

69. By carlk300 on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Norwood- welcome to the timeout club. It looks like it only took you 5 quick posts. That is just Nutz.

Fix it Wobby!

70. By rocksalt on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

FIGHT CENSORSHIP!

71. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Everything was fine for me today.

72. By rocksalt on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

rainbows and unicorns for Spencer!

73. By Mike B. on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I got a response from Mike W. I understand the stiuation. I believe Mike W was upfront and honest. The techs that run the site determined some controls were needed and implimented. They didn’t inform Mike W. of the changes. He truly doesn’t want to limit blogger input, but the changes are here. I don’t get a feeling they wish to change back to the previous way and I don’t think Mike W. has any control of the issue.

74. By Mike B. on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I don’t think that the current Linebacker core has the leadership to be on their own. I really think that the Vikings should resign EJ to get that leadership.

75. By Vikingsfool on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

To me it’s obvious, the reason for limiting comments, but the vikingcom brass really ought to come out and say it. If you look back at the last blog before the rules came into effect, it is full of vulgar comments from most of the regular bloggers(including myself). I feel the only real way to stop the censorship is to do as Titus says, just keep blogging. To take it a step further, we really need to start blogging like adults. Respect the rules and eachother and maybe something will change.

76. By novascotiavike on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Thanx, Mike B. I’ll post that on the other site.

77. By Vikingsfool on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I agree Mike B. Greenway should be the guy, but I sometimes get the feeling that he would rather be “one of the guys” then a team leader.

78. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

FOOL– I never said just keep blogging to stop the censorship– I said to stop blogging— dry up the well– and then they will have to acknowledge our concerns. Ten posts a day may not be horrible now– But WAIT 3 Short Months when the season starts– ten posts will be over before the first quarter of a game is done.

79. By Vikingsfool on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

titus, my bad. But then why do you keep blogging?

80. By Vikingsfool on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

And to be honest, why blog during the game? I’d rather be watching it.

81. By Lance on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

any word on Prasztor? He is a beast and was picked in the first round in the CFL draft. Vikings have rights to him unless he is released. Ony word on him? That is one big canadian farm boy to have on our Oline!

82. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Maybe I am a fool.

83. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I did not blog last week— but most of my blogs lately have been to get the word out– cause there are way too many postings each day — the powers are not noticing any changes.

84. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I blog during games because I watch them from my computer. Since I dont live in the MN area I would have to get the DirecTV NFL package but thats costs far too much for me.

There are plenty of sites that stream free live NFL games.

85. By Vikingsfool on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

I’m not sure the powers that be even care. But like I said, these blogs needed to be cleaned up. Way to much nonsense being spouted by guys like myself. When the comments became less and less about football, and more and more about petty arguments, something had to be done.

86. By Vikingsfool on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Ok Spencer, you can blog while watching the games, but the rest of us have no excuse.

87. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Blogging during games is fun- its also a good place to vent haha.

The Panthers game was the craziest on here.

88. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Vikingsfool– I agree, and that is exactly the point– the powers don’t care. But if zero postings occur blog after blog, they will have to care. Get it? Got it? Good. SO, let’s go about the business of summer and come back in three months.

89. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

By Spencer on Oct 30, 2011 | Reply
    R U FREAKIN KIDDING MEEEEEEEEEEE
    —————————————————————————————

That was after we gave up the completion on 4th and a mile.

————————————————————————————–
    By Spencer on Oct 30, 2011 | Reply
    I LOVE THIS TEAM I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PURPLE TILL I DIEEEEEEEE
    ————————————————————————————–

That was after the Panthers kicker missed the chip-shot. Its funny how quickly emotions change in the course of minutes.

90. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

AND just think Spencer– that is 20% of your allotment on game day– 8 more postings and no more blogging for you. Go sit in the corner and watch the TV by yourself– no wings or nachos for you!

91. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Dam, can you say overreaction?

By Old School on Oct 26, 2011 | Reply
    Cook needs to be cut like NOW! This team and players or I should say “Men” like that need not be a part of this organization! It’s time to start trimming the fat and these LOSERS and get this team right heading into next year!
    —————————————————————————————-
    By purplehaze on Oct 26, 2011 | Reply
    bb was an idiot, cook is a loose canon man-boy.
    —————————————————————————————-
    By UsedtoPurpleFailure on Oct 25, 2011 | Reply
    Now to trade that thug Cook, someone else can have that headache
    —————————————————————————————
    By 61Vikings
    Chris Cook should be the next to go!!

92. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Come on gang– we need to have our voices heard– pull together and be silent. Only our silent voice will gain attention. 50-75 postings a day last week– way more than most NFL sites— have to get it to a trickle.

93. By joshvoigt on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Really, some of you vikings fans are annoying me. You find it in your power to doubt every single thing that might be good. Have a little faith.

94. By Mike B. on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Titus I would have to disagree. I think that they would rather shutdown the blog than go back to the ridiculous postings that were going on here before. I could be wrong but I don’t think so.

95. By Spencer on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Well for now it is what it is and we’re just gonna have to deal with it.

Skól Viking Nation, with Love

96. By VegasVike on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

My two cents- Hot Carls blog site is too vulgar and I don’t know if any of you know the definition of a hot Carl… Not something I choose to be involved with. If y’all can’t stand this site there’s always the daily Norseman. Gotta go, I have a few Vegas showgirls coming over for margaritas and a swim in my pool.

97. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Mike B, I am not following your logic. If people want to post nonsense, the new format does nothing to deter that. People can post any c.rap they want– just after 10 posts they have to wait a while to post again.

The new format limits any type of discourse and banter– which is the essence of the blog– and the reason we all come here– for interaction.

WAIT till game days– 10 posts will go very quickly– and you will be shut out from blogging for probably 80% of the game– and then everyone will be crying– oh, we should have pushed for reform before the season.

Mike B– get it? Got it? Good!

98. By RichardA1 on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

If your going to give someone sh-t, talk about the Packers, enough……now let’s talk about Solomon,,,this guy is exactly what the Vikes need to Pack the Purple Punch,,if he can make the transition from Canadian football to the NFL. thank you thank you thank you

99. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Vegas, have to agree with you there.

100. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Hundredth! My blog was meant as a joke double V. But the real joke is the fact its getting better and this one doesnt intend on listening to you or improving. There is no one administrating this, period. Good luck with those showgirls, wear a helmet! Skol purpaholics.

101. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Titus, i still like turtles. Uh oh,beep boop, off topic. Later gents!

102. By yup on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

f a r t s a l a d

103. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

I also sent Mike W an email asking him to check in with the higher-ups. Got a reply this morning less than an hour ago that appears to contradict what Mike B got:

“There have been no changes to the way the blog operates (filters, limits, etc.). I’ve investigated several times the issue and every time it leads to the same conclusion – no changes have been made. It doesn’t mean no changes will be made in the future to address this issue, but I want to make it perfectly clear that no changes have been made to limit participation from users.

Thanks,
    Mike”

This leads me to believe either A- he’s lying to Mike B, or B- he’s lying to me. Either way, he’s a liar, and I’ve had enough. Titus, you want silence, you got it from me. I’m outta here. There’s no sense in even starting a discussion if you get booted for talking about football.

I’m not a fan of the “other” site, and I don’t know of any alternatives, so I’ll just be going. If, perchance, things get resolved here I wouldn’t mind an email letting me know (dalind@aol.com).

Take care.

104. By rocksalt on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

If the powers that be (WordPress.com) wished to enforce that folks stay on topic, they could have some type of flag system whereby bloggers are flagged, tagged, whatever.for the number of posts off-topic, then put into timneout. The way it is now, EVERYONE is robotically giveen some ARBITRARY limit to their posts, whether on or off-topic.
    That, my fellow vikings fans, is simply BS………….

105. By jg on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

shutup fred shutup spencer…..

106. By celticvikingwarrior on Jun 19, 2012 | Reply

Will you people who “think” Erin Henderson is a lousy LB, PLEASE go to the post by “Spencer” and click on the link to the article about Henderson.
    FINALLY someone who actually knows what they are talking about and can back it up with FACTS !!!!
    As far as Solomon Eliminian goes, I too hope (and believe) he will, at some point be an EXCELLENT LB in the NFL, for my beloved VIKINGS.
    However, ONE MORE TIME, as great to see as his “hard hits” are, it is his ABILITY TO READ AND REACT, AS WELL AS PURSUE, to the ball carrier that is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING that allows him to make those exciting hits !!!!! SKOL…………