Vikings Looking For “A Right Mix” At Linebacker

Posted by Mike Wobschall on June 14, 2012 – 6:34 am

We’ve mentioned several times over the course of Organized Team Activities (OTAs) that now is not the time to try and track which players are running with the starters and which players are running with the second-team. The time to figure out depth charts and position battles will come at training camp and the preseason.

Now is the time when teams experiment with different combinations to try and find the right mix. And nowhere is that more true for the Vikings than at linebacker. In 2012 the Vikings will have a new middle LB in both their base defense and in nickel, and the team will also feature plenty of new faces providing depth at the position.

The process of identifying the contributors for the coming season is a work in progress, and so far it’s been a fluid situation. Jasper Brinkley and Solomon Elimimian have both missed time recently with what Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier described as precautionary measures, and Chad Greenway has been absent for much of OTAs as he tends to a family matter. None of those three issues are cause for alarm as the Vikings prepare for the 2012 season, but they do illustrate the point that the Vikings are in the process of figuring out their situation at linebacker.

“I’m hoping that we’ll find a right mix there,” Frazier told reporters on Tuesday. “Chad (Greenway) is, of course, solid. We’d like to have Jasper practicing. Unfortunately, that’s not the case right now. We’d like for him to be getting these reps, but hopefully we’ll have him next week. We want Erin (Henderson) to make it clear that he’s the choice at the WILL (weak-side LB) position, but we’d like to see Marvin (Mitchell) come along and some of the other backups because you really need six guys that you can dress on Sunday to really be effective both on defense and special teams.”

That the Vikings don’t yet have every answer at linebacker is not a concern at this point. Every team has questions up and down their roster at this point in the offseason. The good news for the Vikings is that they have the bodies currently on the roster to eventually answer every question. There are 10 linebackers on the Vikings 90-man roster currently, a group that includes a good mix of returning veterans (5), rookies (3) and free agent additions (2).

“We’re trying to find that mix, that quality depth,” Frazier said. “It’s an area where we’re still not quite there yet in my mind, so we’ll see how it pans out over the next couple of practices we have and when we get to training camp. It’s one of those areas where myself and Rick (Spielman), we’ve talked about and it’s an area we have to keep an eye on.”

Tags: , , , , ,

228 Responses to “Vikings Looking For “A Right Mix” At Linebacker”

1. By tariq on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

I feel like Solomon Elimimian is going give alot of people,a run for there money. We need some hard hitters on our defense, and right now we dont have one. Every team have atleast one hard hitter at Linebacker. Chad greenway is a smart/leader type player,Erin Henderson still lookin to find his self. We need our Ray lewis/patrick willis type hitter. I think Solomon might be dat player. (at least on Speacial teams)

2. By jackwagens on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

The Pack hasn’t had any trouble finding the right mix. Desmond Bishop, AJ Hawk and Clay Matthews. Does that ring a bell? Yes, The Vikings bell!

Gonna be a long year Queens fans.

3. By Silver Fox on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

I could potentially see a free agent value guy signing in the future at the LB position, for depth if nothing else. Perhaps bring back Ben Leber?

4. By Silver Fox on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Hmm.. just googled him and saw he was retired. So maybe not Ben. But I would feel a little more comfortable with out LB’s if we went out and got someone like him for (at least) depth. Thoughts?

5. By Silver Fox on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

BleacherReport predicts that the Vikings will be the 32nd best team in the NFL:

Let’s hope they’re wrong.

6. By iaVIKE on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Hotcarlgiver – I was able to post on your bog once, but I havn’t even been able to access it since, somethin to do with my browser. Hope to get back on there soon.

7. By kevinwi on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Ben Leber played well for us for a few years, but in 2010 his play dropped off to the point where he was graded almost last in the league. Vikings didn’t re-sign him because of that and he went to Seattle, where he was signed, and cut before season…then went to the Rams…played a few games there and did terrible and again was cut…..his retirement was more of a “time to move on because I’m not as good as I used to be” rather than a I just want to retire.

It was humorous that the linebackers in free agency sat around because their was a glut of them available, so teams didn’t have to spend high dollar…their usefulness has diminished in the passing league due to nickel and dime packages being used more and more. Still, there were a couple of good ones out on the market that surprised me the Vikings did not go after….they played cat and mouse with E. Henderson….and I”m glad they signed him because he’s getting good…..not sold on Jasper…but he did fill in well as a rookie when E.J. went down….however we need a solid backup at MLB…hope Solomon steps up to take it.

8. By New Vike on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Translation – Team’s biggest weak spot

9. By Erik the Red on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

I think the Packers bandwagon just went by, that said, AJ Hawk is a goon, Desmond Bishop is nothing special at LB, and Clay Matthews is overrated.

Everyone’s sleeping on the Vikings, and I don’t understand why, there is no way they haven’t improved from last season.

And last and also least, jackwagon, the fudge packing facility doesn’t allow their workers to goof off on the internet, might want to get back to work.

10. By Rogerthevikefan on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Rocky McIntosh is still availible. He would a be great addition.

11. By iaVIKE on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Ol discount double d0uche is about one more concussion away from that franchise goin to sh1t

12. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

http://vikingsfootballblog.com/ This site is “the right mix”.

13. By Mike B. on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

I think the mix that Frazier is missing is the leadership he had at linebacker. The linebacker is in the best position to determine what the offense is doing and call out scheme to the rest of the defense. This something EJ Henderson exceled at. I don’t see why they don’t bring back EJ and see if he can still make an inpact on this team. He definately has the leadership ability.

14. By RichardA1 on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

I would like to hear a report of Solomon Elimimian, he was a probowler in Canada, whats his progress? what is a precautionary? is he hurt? disciplined? A long season enjoying a unbeaten season! Green Bay will be having one of those cheese years, melt against every team they play!!

15. By Jordan Adams on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Ben Leber retired..

I heard we are going to bring in Banks. The guy that was falsely accused of rape. That’s sad and I hope he makes the NFL and does great things. The vikings should snag him if we can.

16. By rocksalt on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Titus-
    Time to switch over http://vikingsfootballblog.com/

17. By Semper Vikings on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Is Brian Banks trying out or not, just saying I think he would be a good special teams player, and eventualy fill a much needed gap at LB. Also I wish we would figure out how to us Everson. (to good to be a back-up (DE) and special teams star)

18. By Richard1A on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

two additions don’t have any experience

vikes need help
    , reminds me of the bernard berrian comments

19. By Troutdaddy on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Funny to see the rogue Packer trolls that show up on here. I fully expect them to choke severely this year. It looks as if the OTA’s have been very useful in getting some chemistry in the right places, but until the pads get put on, it is just a tea party… People are ready to hear who is stepping up. The linebacker position is a big deal and I am hoping that Elimimian tears it up. He is a great player with a lot of passion. I am curious to know what is going on with Greenway? I hope he is in the mix soon. Kinda hard to gel if your not there, but I sure hope that things are ok with him and his family.

20. By New Vike on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

I sure hope that Elimimian make s an impact like you guys are saying. I remember everybody talking about Manny Arcenoux saying he was the next big thing out of Cantada and havent heard much more than a quiet peep out of him. Im curious to see if they have considered experimenting with Erin Henderson in the middle and Everson Griffen at the OLB spot opposite Greenway.

21. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Greenway is back home in South Dakota, tending to a serious family matter. The linebacker has already been given excused status to miss next week’s mandatory three-day minicamp.

• Linebacker Jasper Brinkley is not practicing this week because of a minor groin injury. He is expected to be back for next week’s minicamp. Fellow linebacker Solomon Elimimian also sat out Tuesday because of a hamstring issue

Banks is working out with the Seabags – when done there he will come to MN, if they don’t sign him.

22. By dstxb on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

why don’t we pick up Rocky McIntosh? He’s not an all-star, but he’s not horrible either.

23. By Immure on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

I heard earlier this off season that the vikings where showing interest in McIntosh but nothing really came from it. Perhaps their waiting till the actual mandatory training camp to began so they can truly start weighing their options to see who sticks out more in practice. Maybe they’ll bring him in, maybe they’ll resign E.J., who knows.

24. By Immure on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

I’m kinda interested in how Audie Cole is doing, I know Singletary was pretty high on the kid but haven’t heard anything about him this off season yet. I know our track record with late round LB’s hasn’t been good the last couple seasons so its going to be interesting to see if he makes the final cut.

25. By Richard1A on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

rocky signed today with the rams

26. By Frederick Jones on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

But you are not going to take any chances on being put into timeout. You cannot give an opinion!!!

27. By Frederick Jones on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

To be continued Friday?

28. By Frederick Jones on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

The remark Mike Wobschall gave about Erin Henderson being assured of being the WILL is telling. Players should have to WIN THEIR JOBS IN CAMP, and not have them handed to them.

29. By Frederick Jones on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

iaVike,

I apologize about what I said earlier about the offensive line. But I could not get a retort to explain my position!!!

30. By Frederick Jones on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

You never know when you will be cut off. I type fast and then hit the send button!

31. By Frederick Jones on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

@NorthwoodsVikes,

Why do we have so many injuries already? They have been having NON-CONTACT practices!

Something is going wrong around here!!!

32. By Immure on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Sometimes injuries just happen without there having to be contact.

33. By Immure on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Look at how Andre Johnson got injured last year. He made a cut and just went down without being touched. Just sometimes theres a freak occurrence.

34. By PurpleNation on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

The DB that got that INT in the highlight video today, his name is Reggie Jones the one wearing #29 at the end of the video in case anyone was curious!

35. By Petie97 on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Ok our Problem is we waited till the 7th round to draft a LB who doesn’t fit out system. He is supposed to be a Mike but like all the scouts say he is limited as an athlete in coverage which is a key componet in the Tampa 2. I like Jasper Brinkley but he has the same knock on him as well great at stopping the run but is limited in coverage.

Look for the Vikings to take a Long look at MLB Manti Te’o from Notre Dame next season. 1. He is a beast and is great at playing in space and stopping the run. 2. Manti is from Notre Dame and we all know how much spielman loves Notre Dame players.

36. By Petie97 on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

37. By novascotiavike on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

http://vikingsfootballblog.com/ NO Time-outs, plus you will recognize a lot of old friends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. By vikingsfool on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Good, stay there. You “regulars” have ruined this page

39. By vikingsfool on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

And please, spam on your own blogs, not this one

40. By novascotiavike on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Vikingsfool,…Now you are finally living up to your name. Stay here, just don’t get in a conversation that lasts more than 7 or 8 posts. Maybe your IQ will have sputtered out by then.

41. By novascotiavike on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

As for being “regular”, I’d rather be “regular” than jammed up with sh1t like this site now is.

42. By Immure on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Yea I think next year they’ll probably go for LB’s earlier on in the draft. Because I think other then Greenway no other LB has more than a 1 year contract with us (I may be mistaken though).

43. By Immure on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

That is an awesome video Petie97 that dude certainly does look like a beast and you can never have to many golden domers on your team.

44. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

FRED JONES– I have an eye on you guys and watching the new blog as well. Last night you were so excited, saying the time outs were over– I read your posting, it was number 10— and you were gone. You were placed on time out!

WELL– GANG, Titus asked for solidarity to stop blogging until we are respected.
    We ask Mike W. to give straight answers as to the recent changes in the blog and to not provide condescending, circular non-answers when the FANS ask for clarity as to the blog rules. The fun of having discourse has been seriously dampened by sudden walls slamming a blogger silent at about 10 postings– just when you are responding to a fellow blogger, you find yourself in the corner, staring at the blog, mute.

45. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

We plan to stop by Saturday and see if straight answers are offered, hopefully in an article or as a new link within the site. It is the correct and proper way to treat the fans, a.k.a the customers. Customer Service, Wobschall. Time to get some.

46. By novascotiavike on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

http://vikingsfootballblog.com/ Titus, Wobschall and whoever else is involved in the destruction of this site has had plenty of time to admit to it…..it’s not going to come out of his cowardly mouth.

47. By novascotiavike on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Titus……PLUS YOU GET TO SEE A PICTURE OF SONJA !!!!!

48. By parodymmxii on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Nova – Double check your posts next time. I had to re-read it a few times before I realized you were addressing Titus, rather than including him in the blame. Others who don’t know you as well will just assume that you are blaming “Titus, Wobschall and whoever else is involved” for the destruction of the site.

49. By Immure on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

I think Wobs cares more about website hits and not website comments. Which is a shame seeing that a lot of us rely on fellow blogger for more up to date information on the team and other league news in general.

50. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Ah, Thanks Parody. Shame on you Nova!

51. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Sonja looks FEROCIOUS!

52. By novascotiavike on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Parody, just check out http://vikingsfootballblog.com/ . We can argue punctuation there. I don;t even want to be here…this site makes my skin crawl.

53. By novascotiavike on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

She was just thirsty in that picture, Titus.

54. By Nordeast on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

This is probably our weakest position on the team at the moment. I know they are looking to go younger this year and develop some new talent, but I really wish EJ would come back and start at MLB until we can get a clear cut replacement. He’d only help the younger guys transition into the role and I’m sure working with his brother has to be a comfortable situation.

It’d be nice to see Everson Griffen see some more reps at LB along with DE and his special teams spots, but I’m sure they are looking to find the best spot for him already. I would love to see what Brian Banks can do as well if he doesn’t sign with Seattle.

55. By dps on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

woby now trying to gather fans from twitter

56. By Frederick Jones on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Am I out of timeout yet?

57. By Frederick Jones on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

Yes you are right all the way on my ten postings. I was cut off after that, and I predicted it with my yyyy? post.

Hopefully this will go out!

58. By Frederick Jones on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

Hopefully they will get this blogsite fixed soon!

59. By dps on Jun 14, 2012 | Reply

ryan c. a young gun without a clue……

60. By Rogerthevikefan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Mid-teens early twenties next years draft and MLB Manti Te’O would be a great pickup.

61. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Frederick – lots of strains coming from young draftees/signees trying to go above and beyond in order to make the team. I can’t remember reading anything yet about any contact-type injuries, but they’re coming too.

62. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Fred Jones– nothing is going to be “fixed.” This is the way the site is now set up–
    Join the revolution.

63. By Troutdaddy on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

So I have seen the new site that many are wanting people to jump onto. Sorry, but it does not work for me. The fact is that I like this site and the insights from THE VIKINGS ORGANIZATION. I also like the fact that it is a PUBLIC site that takes into consideration things like using proper language and respecting the “Younger” generation as well. I understand why you want to be able to curse and talk about “Stuff” without being stiffled, but I do not appreciate the crudeness of it. At least I can be sure that Wobs is going to keep it respectful. I will miss many of the regulars, but maybe you will jump back here from time to time to check on us second-class citizens as we bash the Packers and sort out the insights from Wobs to try and put in into perspective… I bleed purple…. Nuf said…

64. By novascotiavike on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Troutdaddy, people here just disguise the same language that is on the new site. Just check previous posts here and you will find every cur$e known to mankind.

65. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

I have to echo TroutDaddy’s sentiments. The few times I checked out the other blog I had to search pretty hard to find much of anything about football.

You guys that post 800 times a day, using 8 different monikers or pretending to be another bloggers to create trouble, enjoy yourselves and have fun doing what you enjoy. I’m glad you have a place that allows you to do so. It’s just not for me.

66. By parodymmxii on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Respecting the younger generation? More like futile attempts to keep them naive. People still curse in here all the fücking time. They just find ways around the pathetic attempt to limit vocabulary.

Anyways, it’s not the limit to swearing that bugs people. It’s the limitation to absolutely innocent words. Words that are 100% on topic and/or have NEVER been used to increase vulgarity. Words like bálls, pàsses, circümstance, shêll, Chrîstian and sophómore. Rarely does anyone try to cuss, but because the brainless people at the top think that censoring foul language has any sort of positive effect, everyone suffers even though they are speaking more cleanly than a priest on Sunday.

67. By novascotiavike on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Being put on “time out” in the middle of a conversation doesn’t exactly appeal to most people, either.

68. By kingofnubs on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Even though I have posted on the other site, I agree with Troudaddy and Northwoods. The only reason that I have posted there is that most (but not all) of the “regulars” have gone there.However, unless someone starts actually blogging that site will sputterout in a month or two. It isn’t really a blog, it is a statement to this blog that some of the bloggers are frustrated.

69. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

No word out of Seattle on Banks yet, other than LB coach Ken Norton Jr. says if Banks is to make the 53-man cut, he’ll have to beat out a lot of experienced talent.

70. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

No word out of MN yet if he is actually coming to work out here.

71. By kingofnubs on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

He didn’t sign with Seattle. He’s going to San Fracisco now.

72. By megakrab on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

I thought that he was supposed to go to minny today…

73. By megakrab on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Well apparently he isn’t super exciting to watch. The Seahawks invited him back for an open tryout. The Chargers did not invite Banks to attend a future camp.

74. By megakrab on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

OK, I’m getting mixed articles here… “Well, you know, he’s a little behind — he might be a little rusty,” Seahawks linebackers coach Ken Norton, Jr. said after the practice. “But there’s the foundation. Does he look like a ballplayer? Yes. Does he move well? Yes. Is there a chance? Absolutely. The idea is, can he line up, and can he chase the ball? It’s about making a first impression, and I liked the first impression he left.”

75. By kingofnubs on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

I read a different article that gave a better explanation. Esentially he looks like he has the skill set and talent to be an NFL linebacker, but right now he is not in shape to be an NFL linebacker.

76. By DRS on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Dayton, Rybak name Vikings stadium construction oversight panel
    by Tim Nelson, Minnesota Public Radio
    June 15, 2012

77. By megakrab on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Yeah i just found that one, too. If it seems like he has the skills, then hopefully we can get him in here and on the practice squad til he’s in shape.

78. By DRS on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Vikings New Stadium Vision

79. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Well, I have to admit I agree partially with Troutdaddy and Northwoods about the other blog, but Parody and Nova are sooo correct when they mention the same language has been on this site for some time– BUT what is more crude and disrespectful? A swear word by someone who speaks that way naturally (Hey, I never swear, but who am I to judge– I have my own hangups)? Or being shut down in the middle of a conversation? AND then being told no changes have been made– and the condescending circular answers bloggers have been given when they inquire why there are time-outs– THAT IS disrespectful at a higher level than someone who uses a swear word– to some, that is just part of their vocabulary.

80. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Ironically, I asked for solidarity to stop blogging— and I have not posted once on the new site. BUT, guys, whether you like the new site or not, we should be offered an explanation as to these time outs in a way we deserve– we are the FANS– we are the customers, the clientele. Could you imagine sitting in a restaurant you frequent weekly– you tell the Maitre’D– it is too hot in here, it was not like this last time. Is the air conditioner broken? AND you look at him with sweat all over you, he looks back, sweat dripping off his forehead, and he replies– NO, nothing has changed. It feels the same to me as last week.
    Then you push the issue– and say, everyone is about to faint, — and you ask if this is how the temp will be from now on– AND he says, NO, I cannot tell you what we set the thermostat at — I don’t ask what temp you have at your workplace, so NO, I will not. YOU would leave that restaurant.

81. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

I agree with some of that, Titus. I find it hard to believe that Wobs was out of the loop on the time-outs, and I can’t understand why he wouldn’t post a list of blog rules for all to see. I belong to a few other forums that post their rules, make you sign (click) an agreement to abide by them, and you get a couple of formal warnings then the boot if you violate them.

And though it’s frustrating to have a post not go through because I’ve accidentally used a word that contains a banned word, I can honestly say it’s been a while since that happened. Like over a month. Did I subconsciously learn how to avoid them?

Just because some people have become oblivious/immune to vulgarity because of overuse, doesn’t make it acceptable to the rest who haven’t. It’s actually amusing? disheartening? that some people will go through such lengths as to import foreign language text in order to swear in their posts. I’m not advocating 19th century speech (“You, sir, are a scallywag and smell of day old eggs!”), but rarely does a swear word do any better than an adjective to get a point across.

82. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

DRS – I like that stadium design – wouldn’t it be great to orient that open side to let the sun in and blind our opponents’ QB in the 4th quarter?

83. By vikingsfool on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Nova, maybe if you cry about it some more…..wahhh baby!

84. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

But here’s the deal– if we all dry up the well— answers will be provided. Too many of you continue to feed and our issues will never be addressed unless there is pressure applied. And that is too bad– it tells me the powers here do not care about us. Take a fast– you don’t have to blog on the other site. Just take a time out for a week.

Northwoods, I agree with you on the swearing– I don’t do it. And I don’t like hearing it or reading it– but I don’t judge people based on it.

85. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Now, I am just adding to the number of posts on here– and defeating the cause.

I am now on self-imposed time out.

86. By DRS on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

87. By vikingsfool on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

I thought all you “regulars” were not coming on here anymore, I guess you are all just full of bull garbage

88. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

I’m not judging them. I’m just not joining them over there where it’s been said it will be accepted.

89. By Rogerthevikefan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

I use plenty of colorful wording. Usually when something angers me. But I would not switch sites just so I could swear without masking it.

90. By Immure on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Looks like McKinnie is still having the same old problems he had when he played here.

91. By DRS on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

When is the week up? I forgot when this self imposed timeout started.

92. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Saturday– But too many people have been blogging and not much impact has been made. On the next Pick Six- we all need to ask the same question— about the rules and the time-outs. Then we can impose a time out and wait for a reply.

93. By DRS on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Oh well maybe Mike W. heard the protest and did something to get the site fixed.

94. By Immure on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

You know there is a link on the bottom of this website that ask for fans feedback on website its self. Has anyone tried filing a formal complaint through that?

95. By DRS on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Well one thing was achieved, there was little to no talk about cook this last week.

96. By DRS on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Immure, some of us have contacted Mike W. about this issue with little to no satisfaction in resolving the issue.

97. By Immure on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Well a question to ask is then does Wobs actually run this site or just write for it. He may have No control on how this website is actually administrated.

98. By vikingsfool on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Naaaw, I think you jack wads should just forget about vikings.com and go to your own loser site. What was it called?? Oh yeah, kaptain kangaroo’s Viking blog, where men are men, and sheep are scared!

99. By vikingsfool on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

A place where guys like spencer nova and shawn can blog their irrational thought and flex their arm chair coaching ablility. You know the types. The guys that the NFL has passed up because they are just waaaayyyy to football savvy. I mean, if these guys coached, they would be in the hall of fame without question. Keep it up morons!

100. By vikingsfool on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

but oh well

101. By vikingsfool on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

They are full of bull garbage and keep coming back to annoy and enlighten those of us who are not as football smart as they are.

102. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

“For starters, the Ravens paid McKinnie a $500,000 roster bonus in March, handed out under the assumption the 32-year-old would be ready for action. Baltimore’s coaching staff clearly felt he wasn’t. Eisenberg believes the team is “disenchanted” with McKinnie, suggesting his place on the roster could be in “jeopardy.”

Rule number 1 – pay a bonus as a reward for action, not as an incentive.
    Rule number 2 – once a lazy slob, always a lazy slob.

103. By Immure on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Its apparent that Mike can’t post news or updates (free agent signings and other roster moves) until they become official which is why we find out about certain transactions days before there is a story on this website. And there’s news that the organization asks him not talk about such as updates on the cook situation earlier this year.

So maybe Mike has little to No say on how this website is actually run. And that there is a different way to go about this so that our voices can be heard.

104. By Immure on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Northwoods- I agree with you it was foolish for them to give him a bonus before he proved he deserved it. Especially with his track record of not showing up to camp in shape.

105. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

It was a surprise when the Vikings cut him. A nice surprise. He never impressed me. Favre probably wasn’t too impressed with him either.

Loadholt looks like he’s heading down the same road (ability wise) – hopefully he can turn it around this year.

106. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Titus,

I don’t agree that boycotting will force Wobs to provide any answers. What’s the incentive? He’s obviously not getting paid by number of posts, and babysitting the blog takes away from his main job of putting out reports/information.

107. By Immure on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Well it does usually take a couple of years for a player to master their craft. If Loadholt doesn’t improve this year it looks like we might be taking another OT in the first round of next years draft. Unless if one of these young guns on the team shows up and takes his place.

108. By Spencer on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

I’ve said Ryan Longwell cant get it done.
    -He has been cut from the Minnesota Vikings.

I’ve said Visanthe Shiancoe was the most overrated player on the team.
    -He has been cut from the Minnesota Vikings.

I’ve said Cedric Griffin is garbage.
    -He has been cut from the Minnesota Vikings.

I’ve steadfastly said Chris Cook is a good Cornerback.
    -ProFootballFocus just labeled him as a “Secret Superstar”

109. By Immure on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Spencer- Do you think J.A. will show up in the 4th quarter this year?

110. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

JA will be there IF his crew can step up, pressure the QB, and draw some blockers off of him. Hard to attack the QB when you’re carrying an O2 tank.

111. By Spencer on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

The better question is will J.A show up to camp. The guy skipped all the OTA’s this year but showed up for the Golf Charity event last week…

But oh-well, its not like hes the leader of the defense or anything.

112. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Wasn’t it reported that he wanted to repeat the same “personalized training” that led him to 22 sacks last year?

I wouldn’t think a guy like that would be superstitious.

But yeah, he should be in camp being a role model and helping the team to become a team.

113. By Spencer on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

I know he doesn’t NEED to be there but to have 99% of the team show up to try and turn around a 3 – 13 season one would think that he would feel kind of dumb being the ONLY one not to show. Especially when the two injured offensive super stars were there running hills.

114. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

On the other hand, the mind is powerful – if he truly believes that he will play better by doing his own thing – he will. Maybe he IS that superstitious.

115. By megakrab on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer If all these things you say are happening… perhaps you could say something about ponder having a 3:1 TD/INT ratio?

116. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Haha….I have a buddy that we pay to NOT fish with us because he has the power to create a Dead Sea wherever he goes.

117. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

I just sent a message through the Fan Feedback link below, asking about the post limit.

It doesn’t appear to go to Wobs. I’ll let you know what I hear back.

118. By Immure on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Yea I sent one last night too and saw that it didn’t go to Wobs that’s why I was wondering if Wobs just writes for the site and doesn’t actually run the site.

119. By Spencer on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

120. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Heading further north for the weekend. Happy Fathers Day everyone. See ya Monday.

121. By Immure on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Have a good weekend Northwoods.

122. By carlk300 on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

The right mix

123. By JoshVT on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Hey what is the news on Brian Banks? Did we like what we saw from his workout today?

124. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Hey Northwoods– if the blog were completely empty– after a while, yes, there would be a response. The boycott hardly had much effect because there were still dozens of postings per blog— compared to most NFL sites, that is a huge amount. Anyway, I have too much on my plate to lead a revolution against a blog. I must be reverting to childhood.

125. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Oh, mark my words— Jared Allen will break the sack record this year— with 23-25 sacks.

126. By Immure on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

JoshVT- I don’t think Banks met with the team today. Reports where after he met with the Seahawks he was heading to the 49ers to try out.

127. By novascotiavike on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Hey Fool, haven’t heard any “words of wisdom” from you lately. Have you been sent to the principal’s office ???? Maybe a big sloppy kiss for him will get you more blogging time.

128. By novascotiavike on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Sorry, Fool, I’ll be out in the boat tomorrow while you wait in line here for “permission” to talk.

129. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Nova, no need to respond. Fool obviously was looking for attention– he didn’t mean anything by it, just attention-starved.

130. By rocksalt on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

All hail Titus Flavius Augustus Despitus…….

131. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Huh? Rocky? I thought we were buddies.

132. By rocksalt on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Titus-
    you have given up the good fight? shame on you!

133. By Frederick Jones on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer,

Thank you for the video on Ponder. If he doesn’t make it JOE Webb will!

134. By Frederick Jones on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer,

Several of us have agreed that Chris Cook can play. He is thee only CB to literally COVER a WR last season.

Thou may doubt Thy Spencer’s words, but thee may find that he hath much knowledge in his huge cranium!

135. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

No Rocky– no, I have not given up!

136. By Frederick Jones on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

@NorthwoodsVike,

My point about all the injuries is that the players should be IN SHAPE, and not getting all these injuries. They are not 50 years old, and they must be working out on their own!!!

137. By Frederick Jones on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

How are we supposed to fight? At your suggestion I did not write a post last Sunday. Is that all we are doing?

138. By Frederick Jones on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

L. Jones also has great knowledge in his huge cranium!!!

139. By Frederick Jones on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

How many???

140. By Frederick Jones on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Maybe I’ll be too fast!

141. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Fred Jones– I asked for no blogging from Sunday to Saturday! Not one day. But there have been way too many posts for the powers to notice– if the well were completely dry— then we would be noticed.

142. By Frederick Jones on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Maybe I’ll be too slow?

143. By Frederick Jones on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

So far so good (medium pace post).

144. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 15, 2012 | Reply

Ha ha– looks like Fred is sitting staring at the corner– with no cookie. Enjoy your time out Fred. Just when you get on a roll– the site shuts you out.

MIKE WOBSCHALL—

TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!

145. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Who ever is administrating this blog is not listening, and unprofessional.

146. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Bleacher says vikes will be last32nd in the NFL. Express your opinion here, or go to vikingsfootballblog.com
    BARROOOOOOO!

147. By DeerTracks on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Fred

I wish Ponder no ill will, but when ponder is carried off the field in little bitty peices, and Frazier is trying to glue him back together, then just maybe Webb will get his chance to perform.

Titus, Onbody including you and I stayed off the air for the whole week..

Seems nobody really gives a rats’ AS!

148. By DeerTracks on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Thats NObody, like in “Nobody knows the sorrow I feel”

149. By rocksalt on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

good, Titus-
    I am glad you have not given up the fight…..your eloquent blogs pointing out the major issues with timeouts and lack of customer service make perfect sense.
    Fight on!

150. By rocksalt on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

BTW the Titus Flavius Augustus Despitus was just a joke that Shawn inspired by a discussion about on of your blogs that seemed to suggest you were not thinking correctly in leading a revolution, so he mentions Titus, despite us….so I joked with him by putting it in your title. Sorry to upset you, man.

151. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Oh, Rocksalt– if you look up despitus — it apparently is a Latin term and I found it in a legal dictionary – means a contemptible person. I thought you were a bit overboard on that one. But now I know the context.

Deertracks– too many other bloggers posted over the week–so I don’t think any of the powers that be noticed any significant drop-off.

152. By DeerTracks on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Well at least we tried.

Next time let us not shoot until we see the whites of their eyes!

153. By Mike B. on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

i am not sure what you all are talking about. I have posted many things that could be censored as it didn’t support the Vikings Org. They have never sensored or stop one of my posts. I am not seeing your complaints.

154. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Mike B—- see if you can do 10 more postings in the near future– as if you were in dialogue with another blogger– say the next 15 minutes— you will not be able to post till maybe late tonight– 8 pm or so, or tomorrow.

155. By Frederick Jones on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

@Mike B.,

I’m sure that Titus, and the rest of us don’t know what you are talking about. I will try to post once early today, then come back later and see if I can post again.

Hopefully they will at least give me milk and cookies when I go in the corner!

156. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Fred Jones tells it like it is. NOW that’s WHAT WE’RE TALKIN’ BOUT!!!

157. By Vikingsfool on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Man Nova, you sure have a hard time letting things go, did you kick your dog to vent your frustration as well??

158. By Vikingsfool on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Ruff Ruff Ruff….Kick…..well done

159. By Vikingsfool on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

And if you don’t want to listen to an “attention starved” individual, then stop feeding, moron…

160. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Vikingsfool, I will cognitively wrestle with you anytime. I doubt it would be much of a match, though. Here, let me help you off the mat.

161. By Vikingsfool on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Your not the only degree carrying guy who is self pretentious in here Titus.

162. By Vikingsfool on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

What is your degree in anyway?? I’m guessing literature. Am I correct?

163. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Really Vikingsfool? Better re-read your post and hit the books. And don’t play hooky on Monday: you need your sixth grade English instruction.

164. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Nope.

165. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

This may shock you, but I am not the biggest fan of formal education. I believe in self-instruction, discovery, and development, but not many are at that level. Critical thinking is sorely lacking in the world.

166. By Vikingsfool on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Wow..someone is testy today. Truth hurts Titus. You can act as intellectual as you want, but you look rather foolish doing so. I know, your “brains” are your only weapons. You’ve been made fun of your whole life because of some physical shortcoming. So, you counter by pretending to be more intellegent than you really are. That way you can put yourself above those who you have felt inferior to your whole life.

167. By Vikingsfool on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Anyway, aside from the mutual ribbing, what is your degree in? Seriously, I’m curious.

168. By Vikingsfool on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

If your telling the truth all the time, you must have some form of classical education. Since you’ve posted about coming and going from Campus on more than one occasion.

169. By Spencer on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

You a dam fool.

170. By novascotiavike on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

http://vikingsfootballblog.com/ Titus, why waste your time putting a fool in his place now ? He must have run out of allotted time by now. After he has had his milk and cookies you can “school” him again.

171. By novascotiavike on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

By Vikingsfool on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply
    Wow..someone is testy today. Truth hurts Titus. You can act as intellectual as you want, but you look rather foolish doing so. I know, your “brains” are your only weapons……….Yeah, Fool, your slingshot is a MUCH better weapon than brains.

172. By novascotiavike on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

D1ckhead

173. By novascotiavike on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

By Vikingsfool on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply
    If your telling the truth all the time, you must have some form of classical education. ………….Yeah, everybody who consistently tells the truth has a formal education…..You Really Are a Fool, aren’t you?

174. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

HA HA HA– Testy? Moi? Ce n’est pas vrai. Listen, Fool, first off, I didn’t mention it directly before, but learn the difference between “your” and “you’re.”

And, nope, sorry, no physical deficiency. I am very fit– super fit, in fact. And most every woman I know or meet says I am handsome– so sorry to burst your bubble, but your comic book psychology course purchased by mail-order did not train you adequately for proper diagnosis. You are way off.

Nova, I think it is time for another week-long break from here before I lose a few brain cells.

175. By novascotiavike on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Bye Bye Fool, looks like I get the last word. You can thank Vikings.com for that !!!

176. By Frederick Jones on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Okay…Wobschall!

My last post was at noon. This one is at 3:23 p.m.

Will I be able to post at between 7 p.m. and midnight?

177. By novascotiavike on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

http://vikingsfootballblog.com/ Titus, pay a visit here…no fools admitted.

178. By rocksalt on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

I agree with Nova

179. By rocksalt on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

LOL Titus……..I did not know that Depitus was even a word…..was just makin play on words….

180. By RichardA1 on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

It sounds like babys taking turns crying back and forth, in the last 50 posts, does any of this have to do with football? No. Skol, I sure hope Frazier knows what he is doing with all this young talent. Still looking for a story on Elimimien, have not heard anything on him.

181. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

BABIES ON THE LOOSE!

182. By KoN on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

I have never been put in timeout. I am going to try to.

B

M

188. By KoN on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

E

189. By KoN on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

N

190. By DRS on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

KoN you there? Have a great day.

191. By DRS on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

SKOL Vikings, I can not wait for the season to start, go Vikings.

192. By DRS on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

See U all later, bye for now.

193. By Immure on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Wow this guy just now gets sentenced for a crime he committed 13 years ago.

194. By DeerTracks on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Hey guys, and/or gals, remember that goofy oblong thing called a Football?

You know, the one Ponder wanted to keep throwing to the other team?

Maybe Mike W will put up another Blog, so we can all start hitting one another again, in regards to ‘Football’.

195. By novascotiavike on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

DeerTracks….when you said “goofy oblong thing” I thought you were referring to Wobschall’s head.

196. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Nova– I laughed so loud– that was funny. Incorrect, but hilarious.

197. By novascotiavike on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Titus, why don’t you visit at the new blog ? I’m not posting here for long ( I can’t handle any more time in solitary confinement )…..Talking to idiots like the fool holds no interest for me , and you mentioned you wanted to save some brain cells.

198. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Soon, Nova– I have a lot to do in the next few weeks– so I will take advantage of not blogging for a while– Let summer be summer– football is a couple months off. In the meantime, tell Sonja to relax.

199. By novascotiavike on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Sonja, RELAX !!

200. By KoN on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

That was supposed to read BLOCK ME NOW, not BLOCK MEN, but I got blocked before I could finish it.

201. By novascotiavike on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

It’s an extra $25 for the ” O and W ” on Nazi.com.

202. By novascotiavike on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

* If Wobschall finds a “reason” to get OFF the golf course.

203. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

KoN– you deserve to be treated with respect. Stop blogging. Everyone– STOP.
    JUST stop. The only way we will be heard and any changes take place is IF WE ARE NOTICED– if Wobbs keeps putting blogs up and no one posts, he will have to answer our concerns. STOP

VIVA LA PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

204. By novascotiavike on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

*JE, MAPPELLE LE SOIREE DU POISSON !!!!!!!!!!!!……” My name is the night of the fish” “….How’s that for “irrational”, fool ??? If this gets through, it was nice knowing you ,Vikings.com.

205. By Frederick Jones on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Okay Wobschall,

My 1st post of the day was around Noon, the second one was at 3:23 p.m., this one is at 10:20 p.m.

206. By Frederick Jones on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

@KoN,

So were you ever put into time out?

207. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!

DEATH TO THE TIME OUT!!

Mr. Wobschall– TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

208. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

I just wrote a post in French and it would not go through– not a bad word, even one that could be posing in English within a word– so let me see if I am just on time out. Probably for my Viva postings.

209. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 16, 2012 | Reply

Oh, this site is now censoring French?

210. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

First good thing it did since no one is administrating

211. By Frederick Jones on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

I think there have been 7 comments since 10:30 last night.

212. By Frederick Jones on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

Actually 6 since 10:20 according to one of my last posts. Check it out WOBSCHALL!!!

213. By Frederick Jones on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

I think the Vikings are going the way of the Redskins, Patriots, etc. They divide up their blogs into different question areas. Bloggers must sign up and stick to the topic.

That will really stink!!!

214. By Frederick Jones on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

We had the best blog in the NFL.

215. By Frederick Jones on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

But no more.

216. By Frederick Jones on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

We are without Wobschall (hope that is).

217. By Frederick Jones on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

There is no Wobschall on this team!

218. By vikingsfool on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

What up losers

219. By vikingsfool on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

I hope you all though of me this morning on the stool!

220. By vikingsfool on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

Later, just popped in to get under your skin! thankxxx!!!xoxoxoxox

221. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

Fool, you had a typo– you are missing an “o” in your third word.

222. By Vikingsfool on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

Oh ok, let me try that again.
    Later, just pooped in to get under your skin!
    Ha, good one.

223. By Frederick Jones on Jun 17, 2012 | Reply

WOBSCHALL,

IT’S BEEN 5 DAYS!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING?

BLOGGERS ARE GETTING “TIME OUTS” LIKE CRAZY!!!

WE ARE NOW AVERAGING LESS THAN 50 POSTS PER DAY FOR FIVE DAYS.

224. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

@IAVIKE.try it now duder.

225. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

The administrator gives no thought to thee

226. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

Word dude.

227. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply

We will see.go to other blog

228. By rocksalt on Jun 18, 2012 | Reply