Submit Your WR Questions For Next Week’s Pick 6

Posted by Mike Wobschall on June 1, 2012 – 2:26 pm

Our brand-new Pick 6 (video mailbag) segment, which appears mid-week on vikings.com, is off and running. Each week we tackle a variety of questions submitted by fans, but next week we changing course.

Instead of tackling a variety of issues, we’re going to focus on one specific area of the team - the WRs. – and we’re going to have a special guest on hand to help answer those questions (hint: he works with the WRs every day).

So we need you to send in your WR questions. You can submit a question by emailing me (wobschallm@vikings.nfl.net) or leaving the question in the comments section below this entry. Remember to list your name and town with all questions.

If you haven’t yet done so, check out previous installments of Pick 6. This week’s edition took a look at RB Toby Gerhart, CB Antoine Winfield, standout players from OTAs, and more.

Tags: , ,

277 Responses to “Submit Your WR Questions For Next Week’s Pick 6”

1. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

What do you think will be a bigger tool for ponder this season, the wrs or the tes?

2. By TampaNorseman on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

We have a lot of WR’s in camp but not a lot of experience in those WR’s. Is it realistic to think that Jarius Wright and Greg Childs can step in and play as Rookies and produce? Also, do you think Burton has a shot at sticking this year?

3. By bauln on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

4. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Ah, Mike W. is working hard. Taking some of my advice. Good job.

5. By Sir Greasy Panda on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Ha I was the one that named this segment “Pick 6″. In a small way I feel more connected to this team now.

6. By Spencer on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Wow- Teddy just said something nice about us. I havent heard ESPN say anything positive about the Minnesota Vikings since 2010.

7. By Sir Greasy Panda on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

finally ESPN recognizes our rising stars. cant wait for Rudolph to light it up on the field.

8. By Spencer on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Uh oh, big storm fast approaching central Pennsylvania.

9. By iaVIKE on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

What’d he say Spencer?

10. By Spencer on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

He basically said that he likes what we’re doing and that we have a good nucleus with AP, Toby, CP7, and Rudolph.

11. By Mark B on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

With 4-5 WR spots already filled (Harvin, Childs, Wright, Simpson when he returns, and Jenkins) I have a couple questions:
    1. How many WR do you see the Vikes carrying on the 53 man roster – in week 17 last year there were only 4 WR on the active roster.
    2. Who has the best chance – not counting those 5 – to fill out the receiving corps and why?
    Please be specific – I would like to see sound reasoning and examples of what each receiver brings to the table.
    As an additional question, do you see any scenario where Jenkins doesn’t make the team? While he was productive last year when healthy, he is entering his 9th or 10th year. Could a young talent impress enough to take his roster spot? Again, if so, who do you think it could be and why?

12. By Frederick Jones on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Possible new nickname for defense:

Jared’s Hammer!

13. By Parody on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Titus – I’m a bit surprised. I would have thought you’d rip Mike once again for not checking his work. Are you getting nicer, or just less observant?

14. By Derrick on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Which WRs do you think will make the roster besides Harvin and Simpson?

15. By Parody on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

With the two rookie WR signings, I’m curious what the long-term plans are for Simpson. Are the Vikings preparing to utilize him as a gap filler while the rookies get a feel for the game, or will the team give strong consideration to bringing Simpson back for a longer deal if he impresses, regardless of how the others perform?

16. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

By Sir Greasy Panda on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply
    Ha I was the one that named this segment “Pick 6″. In a small way I feel more connected to this team now………SGP, I tried to take your title one step further, “Pick Six Viking cheerleaders whom you would like to inflate your b@lls”, but I guess it never flew.

17. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

*Or deflate

18. By Shawn on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Any consideration to bringing in a deep threat WR like Bernard Berrian? I think he is still available and demands 1 guy usually.

19. By Parody on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Shawn – Are you serious? You want Berrian back?

I’m pretty sure that’s the role that Simpson will be playing this year. Ponder made a comment a few weeks back that he couldn’t overthrow him. That’s exactly what you want of your deep threat – a guy who can run faster than the ball can fly.

If he does well enough, Simpson might even be able to draw double-coverage from time-to-time.

20. By Shawn on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Which WRs have stood out the most in OTAs? I know you have said Simpson and the FA from SD … Harvin gets a spot. I have heard Burton mentioned once but just from OTAs who are the top 5 in your opinion?

21. By Shawn on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Parody … LOL of course not. I was the biggest Berrian basher here. was hoping for a chuckle

22. By iaVIKE on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

You got one here, Shawn!

23. By Shawn on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Do you think we could get Randy Moss for a 5th round pick?

24. By Shawn on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Thanx iaVike

25. By iaVIKE on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Do you think bringing Irving Fryer out of retirement would be a good option?

26. By Shawn on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

remember my knock knock joke?

Knock Knock

Who’s there?

Aromasha

Aromasha who?

Aromasha You dont start anymore BB….

27. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Parody, I am always nice.

28. By Parody on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Let’s call Kent Hrbek out of retirement too. He won a lot of big games in early Fall – what could be better to get our season started in the right direction?

29. By Parody on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Titus – Gotcha ;) Sew that meens eye dont half to worrie abowt you reveewing all my misstakes anymoore!

30. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

I am all about motivation– nit-picking does not help anyone grow.

31. By Parody on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Maybe not Titus, but zit-picking helps an infection grow.

32. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

HA HA HA– Is that Nova posing as Parody?

33. By Parody on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

No, but this is Parody posting as Titus Flavius Caesar Vesparsianus Augustus posting as Parody.

34. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

NY Mets first no hitter in their history…….Cardinals are the victims.

35. By Spencer on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Why are clothes tax free in MN?

36. By Dean - in Iowa on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

i see Chris Cook wearing the #20 i know he had #31 because i have one.
    was their a change in his number?

37. By Parody on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Spencer – The same reason that food is tax-free – somebody thinks that clothes are necessary to survive. I doubt that will change until you make it legal to walk around nude in public.

38. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Johan Santana’s No-Hitter…the Twins would like to have him back.

39. By Spencer on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

@Dean- in Iowa

Yea he switched to #20 unfortunately. Looks like your jersey is outdated.

40. By Parody on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

I’d like to get Santana back too. He was traded away a few months after I got his jersey. I’ve had some horrible luck with that kind of stuff…I hope it doesn’t continue with Ponder.

41. By Spencer on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Surely I cant be the only one who hates baseball, right?

42. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

I still have a #9 Kramer jersey. I don’t think that’s outdated…..Sonja’s still got her # 56 Dolberman jersey……don’t tell HER it’s outdated.

43. By Parody on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Censor Test: Bought

44. By Jamie P. on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

What does Ponder think about the WRs he’s being working with? Does he feel that he has plenty of “weapons” on the receiving side of things that will make big impact in moving the football successfully down the field?

45. By Parody on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Weird…the first message I posted was blocked, and when I changed “bought” to “got” it accepted it…mini-timeout?

46. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

I thought income was necessary to survive. So why is there an income tax?

47. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Cardinals are playing baseball now? Is Kurt Warner pitching?

48. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Income is NOT necessarily earned, therefore any amount is possible. See “Paris Hilton”.

49. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Or any “Reality Show” star.

50. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

* See also ” politician”

51. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Whether I earn my income or not, which the method of earning is based on subjective judgment according to the beholder’s bias as to what constitutes work, I need that income to live. Period.

52. By Spencer on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

53. By TheWall on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Possible WR spots Harvin, Simpson, Childs, Burton, and Wright. Jenkins and Aroumashodu can fight for the last Vet WR spot. Jenkins had the edge last year because he knew some of Musgrave’s system. This way all the draft picks would not go to waste and there would be 2 good Vets to pair with Harvin.

54. By Spencer on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Why do people think its a forgone conclusion that Greg Childs will start over Manny Arceneaux? :(

55. By TheWall on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Jenkins is more reliable than Aroumashodu. So I would give him the nod this year too.

56. By TheWall on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Have not seen anything Manny has done so he is an unknown. He may very well be more talented than Childs but again I have not seen him do anything.

57. By Spencer on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

He didnt do anything because it was his first season in the National Football League, TW. Manny now has a year under his belt so im hoping for big things from him.

58. By bauln on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

I’m nude right now!

59. By GreatIrishPotatoFamine on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

I swear to Hossanah if someone asks whether or not we’re gonna use Joe Webb at receiver…

60. By Rocksalt on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Spencer- once again, I am saved!

61. By KoN on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Jenkins has a 58% completion percentage over his career, Aromashodu has 40%. I’ll take Jenkins. I think the only WR battle will be between Burton, Arceneaux, and maybe Walters if he actually does have punt return potential as Wobby says.

62. By KoN on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, Manny would not beat out Childs. This isn’t even a debate of skill, the Vikes simply have more invested in Childs than they do in Manny. That being said, I think the Vikes will go with 6 WRs this year after Simpson gets back. That means that Manny could still make it if he beats out Burton and Walters.

63. By Rocksalt on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

ZZZZZZZZZ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

64. By The Shot Caller on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Regarding the wide outs

my guess is childs will come in and play 30 percent of snapes for simpson

do you think the vikes will play with very many 4 receiver sets

example childs at one wide out spot simpson at another
    jarious right in the slot and harvin in back field

or do you think that because of harvins shoulder issue he won’t play much out of back field and maybe instead it will be wright in back field with harvin in slot

my bets are on wright being the best pic the vikes have made since harvin

It feels like we now have two tall deep threats with childs and simpson

and two small slot guys that I love

and two good tight ends

at the very least we have a guy if injuries happen to cover

simpson /childs

harvin/wright

rudloph the red nosed rain deer/the new tight end

gebhart /peterson

ponder/webb

the Shot caller in Newport beach

PS for the first time in 5 years the vikings did well in the draft

65. By Shawn on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Spencer … Cook changed to #20 in honor of his hero and mentor who will be wearing #20 in Washington this season.

66. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Bring back the best WR we had in the past few years…

67. By Luca on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Hey mike, how do you think jerome simpson will do this season? also who would be our top 3 WR’s in your opinion? Thanks

68. By drew on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

WE got some good prospects, but I think we should be a big receiver with good hand, why not sign Plaxico Burris

69. By Brendan on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

What are the chances of Stephen Burton making the roster, how is his development?

70. By Rogerthevikefan on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Burton did pretty well last year till he got injuried.

71. By Parody on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Really? You think that Cook chose #20 because Cedric “I can’t cover a cough” Griffin switched to that number?

I’m sure it’s just coincidence. There was no way Griffin was going to take #23 from DeAngelo Hall, so he took a number that was available. Cook wanted to move away from the image he gave to #31, so he took the next available number. They both just happened to be #20.

72. By Parody on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Yay! I can post again. I wonder how long until my next timeout…

73. By Parody on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

The Vikings are at the top of a list!

They are the best of the best sports teams who were never able to earn the title of the best of the best.

74. By chrisbreezy on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

are you using smaller targets to catch such as, tennis ball, baseball, etc., to improve your hand skills, hand coordination, and eye location and eye reaction? are your working on techniques to blocking, which is essentially as catching the ball?

75. By TNvike on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

How would you rank the WRs in the following categories?

RAC
    Run blocking
    Route running
    Leaping ability
    Versatility to play all WR positions
    Kick returns

76. By Rocksalt on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

grrrrr….this timeout stuff is bs

77. By Shawn on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Parody … you have to catch on to me at some point.

78. By Shawn on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I currently dont have a whipping boy on the roster. Asher Allen, Bernard Berrian, and Madieu Williams are all gone and I willhave to decide who is next this season.

We finally got rid of the 3 weakest links ….

79. By Parody on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Shawn – I thought you liked Griffin though. Isn’t that why you spent 3-months arguing with Spencer?

80. By Parody on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Aim for Guion – He’s projected to be the starter next to Kevin this year, and has yet to live up to expectations.

81. By Shawn on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

It could be Loadhold or Sanford … I will give them a fair shot though before starting my rants

82. By Shawn on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I do like Griffin but I spent three months arguing with Spencer because he wanted to tell me what wonderful things an 8 game starter over 2 seasons has done in his career …. Griffin has had a better career

Plus it was fun

83. By Shawn on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Parody … If I remember right I told you I dont care if Griffin gets cut because his season was that bad but that doesnt change the fact Griffin has had a better career and was a better Minnesota Viking

84. By Parody on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Loadholt could be a good candidate, but I hope that he’s able to turn himself around.

Sanford seems like a more likely candidate. He was among the group of players who allowed offenses to tear us apart last year. It would give us good cause to start chanting for Blanton to step in next to his college teammate.

85. By Parody on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I never cared for Griffin. He was good at getting tackles after the catch, but part of that was because he was horrible at defending the pass. That was always my biggest complaint about him before his injury was that he never covered his man close enough to contend for the ball, which is why he got so many opportunities for tackles. QBs saw an easy completion and threw it his way.

After the injury, Griffin lost his ability to stay in position for the tackle after the catch, and so removed any value that he had as a starter.

86. By Shawn on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I actually have high hopes for Guion. He is only 24 and he will get an oppotunity this season

87. By RichardA1 on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Simpson seems to have alot of untapped potential, do you see him being utilized enough to become a probowler, he has great catching skills. Do you think we will compare him to Carter, Moss someday? Carter would catch anything you threw to him, Moss just throw as far as you can and he would catch it.

88. By vking3 on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Vikings FB Jerome Felton was arrested on DWI charges early Saturday in Hennepin County, Minn.
    Felton was arrested after refusing to submit to a chemical test. He signed a one-year, $700,000 deal in March. A former fifth-round pick, Felton appeared in 14 games between the Colts and Panthers last season, and is the favorite for lead-blocking duties in Minnesota.

Here we go more vikings in jai

89. By Spencer on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Hennepin County? Hey, that’s Chris Cooks hood.

90. By Parody on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Just cut Felton. We have plenty of other guys who could be just as good or better at the position. Asiata & D’Imperio have been showing promise. Then we also have this year’s 4th-round draft pick, Rhett Ellison, who could pull it off too. He was drafted to replace Kleinsasser who started his career as a FB, and if I recall properly, was the primary player to play FB last year when we didn’t have a FB on the active roster.

91. By jeremy on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Mike now that we are getting some young and talented guys do you think defenses are going to take a step back and stop stacking 8 men in the box for AP. Also What kind of different plays will we see. Ex, more recievers on field or more TE’s on the field? What do these youngs guys bring to the table that the veterns didnt bring ex. bb camarillo. jenkins.

92. By Parody on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I doubt defenses will change the way they attack us until we show that they need to. The potential we have to win through the air means nothing until we show that we are capable of utilizing that potential.

93. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

testing, testing

94. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Gee, I was on a short time out there. I almost thought I would see Rocksalt in the same corner.

95. By Spencer on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

“Before I even got here, I knew about Chris’ talent,” Williams said. “We looked at him when I was in Indianapolis. You very rarely get corners like him, a big guy who has little man features as far as quickness and an ability to run and change directions. He can be an elite corner in this league.”

- Defensive Coordinator Alan Williams on Chris Cook

96. By Matt Grimes on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

A question for the special guest: compared to last year, in what area has our receiving corps made the biggest improvement? Is it speed, ability to get open, yards after catch, route running, maybe something else?

Thanks so much for your hard work, and go Vikings!

97. By Matt on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

how is Undrafted free agent Kamar jordan doing in OTA’S and is there a chance of him Making the 53 manned roster

98. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Spence, did you notice that the DC said “can be” an elite corner, and not “will be” ?

99. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Cook has a lot more to prove than his athletic ability. Until he does that, it will always be “can be”.

100. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I think Cook will be very good this year, but I will not call him my hero. Spencer goes way overboard on that one.

101. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I think Spence is great at trying to “push buttons”.

102. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

If so, he should push Cook’s “social” button.

103. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Spencer and Cook on dancing with the stars…

104. By Spencer on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Whenever I say “our hero” its only meant as a joke, nothing more.

105. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

By the way, I’m getting sick and tired of being put in “time out” as you guys call it. I am going to be spending a LOT of time on my boat, the weather here is GORGEOUS. I’ll be back from time to time……you can’t get rid of me that easily.

106. By Spencer on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

The weather here is just bi-poplar, last week the temperature hovered around 85+, but now this week its being projected that the highest temp will only be 75.

107. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Spencer – we had 92 last Sunday – by Wed it was 62 for a high.

108. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Spence, is bi-poplar a tree that swings both ways ???????????

109. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Today is beautiful though– I have to take a time out self-imposed.

110. By Frederick Jones on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

There are two critical questions THE VIKINGS have to ask themselves:

1. What do we do if Blair Walsh does not pan out as a placekicker, or if he gets injured. (Apparently there is no plan right now.)

2. What if all the young offensive linemen do not develop as planned?

111. By Frederick Jones on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Consider this, NFL teams often lose multiple games by 3 points or less. SUDDENLY the lack of a placekicker becomes more important than the QB!

I am not the first to say that!!!

112. By Frederick Jones on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

John Sullivan received a 5 year contract to play for our beloved MN Vikings. Sometimes that is the KISS OF DEATH for a player of Sullivan’s stature (no pun intended.)

Sully must hit the weight room hard to even make it through the regular season. Did you know that he is already injured?

113. By Frederick Jones on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I’ll get excited about the WIDE RECEIVERS when we have an offensive line that can hold back the rush for 3 seconds. Then we’ll have somepin’ to tak ’bout!!!

114. By Vikeman56 on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I see Simson, Jenkins, Wright, Childs, Harvin, and Aromashadu/Burton making the team, maybe both. What do u think of this prediction mike? Also, do u think Allen, Riesner will make the team? I’m a Iowa fan and I really want him to make the team. I really think him and Rudolph could be a dynamic duo for years to come.
    Drew
    Dubuque, Iowa

115. By Spencer on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Fred- Sully was ranked as the 6th best Center in the National Football League last year so why are you always criticizing him?

Just because a player is undersized does not mean they’re a scrub…

-Warrick Dunn
    -Maurice Jones-Drew
    -London Fletcher
    -Bob Sanders
    -Desean Jackson
    -Steve Smith
    -Wes Welker
    -Darren Sproles
    -Drew Brees

116. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Seriously Fred– soon you will be in time out if you don’t stop!

117. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Dont worry youre not.

118. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

The kicker thing scares me too jonesy.

119. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Yo wobby, which of the wr’s do you think will have a breakout season? Maybe simpson, or one of the guys from arkansas? hotcarlgiver from mt shasta CA.

120. By Conjon on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Come on Matt Asiata make this team!!!

121. By Warren on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Can you tell us why 11 Vikings have been arrested in recent months and what is wrong with the organizational culture that allows people like RB Felton to humiliate the Vikings community and fan base over and over and over again? As a Vikings fan since 1967 I am just never even surprized by the idiotic things Vikes players do anymore… what a sad ongoing trend.

122. By What on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Two things I did not think we would have to worry about when Frazier took over as HC.

1st – running the ball in the 4th qt with a lead ( well that didn’t happen)

2nd – players getting in trouble off the field, now I know the coaches can not hold the players hands every where they go but come on this is getting out of hand.

123. By dac on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I hope we keep 6 recievers on 53 man roster. more spread sets would be awesome. now that we have a line to protect ponder
    1. Harvin
    2. Simpson
    3. Childs
    4. Wright
    5. Aromashadu
    6. Jorden
    Cut Jenkins. and sign burton to the practice squad

124. By dac on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

to the comment submitted above. Is there any chance the Vikings cut Jenkins to stay with the youth movement with guys who have tons of upside to prove their worth and give them ample opportunity to shine? I for one would love to see our young guys play more.

125. By dac on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I especially like Kamar Jorden and how he makes plays on the ball. Good body control and manipulates defenders to get open. Great WR skills but still a little raw. A year a two this guy could be a stud! Along with Childs! But check this out

126. By dac on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Lets keep talking about CB Bobby Felder too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Da Snoota is the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!

127. By dac on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Wobbie,
    Could the Vikes steal a WR like Dale Moss or Chris Summers if a team tries to sneak a special talent onto a practice squad rather than staying in home? Are there any WR we should keep our eyes on that would potentially fall to a practice squad due to depth at that position?

128. By my unit is also purple on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I guess my question is, why is this so difficult to m@sturbate to? thanks, cletus from the woods.

129. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I know right.

130. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

http://www.ferrets.org/Ferrets_As_Pets.htm Whack off to this, muiap

131. By packhater on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I hope I have to eat my words, but I think we missed the boat this year when it came to WR in the draft. Really wanted to see Blackmon,Quick,Hill,Randall,Floyd,or Jeffrey. After Percy Harvin, I dont have trust in anyone. Kalil better be all that and then some !

132. By my unit is also purple on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Thanks nova, they really ARE fast, feisty, furry, and fun! i am laughing out loud.

133. By NovaScotiaVike on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Plus, they can’t phone you the next day.

134. By my unit is also purple on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Cmon packhater, we could be bad, but we could be scary.

135. By packhater on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I hope Simpson and Childs can be the other two besides Percy. And by the way ………….my helmet is purple !

136. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Ashers to ashers, dust to dust.

137. By packhater on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

My girlfriend loves my purple helmet.

138. By my unit is also purple on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Safe to say everyone on this blog is purple helmeted.

139. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I saw the dome just now from my bike– it was a couple blocks away– I just imagined how the new stadium will dominate that area.

140. By packhater on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

A purple helmet is useless without a “mouthpiece”.

141. By my unit is also purple on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Ha ha

142. By Frederick Jones on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

@hotcarlgiver,

The Vikings probably do have a plan for if Blair Walsh doesn’t work out as the placekicker. BUT IT IT OBVIOUSLY NOT A SOLID PLAN.

The grinning bay packers lost FOUR kickers to leg injuries in 1968.

(Jonesie, that was 1968, ya old codger!) But that cost them several games. No one could kick field goals for them that year!!!

I just hope Frazier has a plan. Let’s take nothing for granted.

143. By Frederick Jones on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

The offensive line drives me crazy. Schwartz was obtained pretty easily, as was Charlie Johnson last year. The other guys weren’t good enough to play on a 3-13 team! REMEMBER THAT LITTLE FACTOID!!!

I was excited when we got Johnson, last year. But it certainly appears that he cannot play NFL football.

Maybe he should try Australian Rules Football!!! Now that is a sport!

144. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Hey Freddie. I think you will be surprised– our protection will be much better than last year.

145. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Spencer must be lost in World of Warcraft again. Hey Spencer, this way! It’s this way out! Come out!

146. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I think we have a very balanced team– maybe not great in any area, but decent to good in most every area. My only scratching the side of my head moment is when they released Ryan Longwell.

147. By Spencer on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

Start at 0:45

148. By Spencer on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

My palms started sweating while watching it!! Whatever they are paying him…it is certainly not enough!!!!

149. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I would never do such a job– NEVER!!!!

150. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I use to get nervous standing on a chair– but conquered that.

151. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

*used

152. By Spencer on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I wonder why they dont have a parachute- I mean what if they fall?

153. By Shawn on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

You should watch Iron workers on a construction job. Those fools are nutz

154. By Shawn on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

lunch?

155. By Parody on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

That’s exactly the picture I was thinking of when I read your one-word description Shawn. Some people are just much more self-assured than others. Whether that assuredness is just or foolhardy will vary widely on an individual basis.

Personally, I’ve never had a problem with heights, so when I was watching that video I got extremely impatient waiting for something to happen…and then nothing! I thought maybe he’d get struck by lightning or something, but it was completely anti-climactic for me.

Now I have to find a different video to reach a climax with. Any ideas Nova?

156. By my unit is also purple on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Jonesy, im scared of our kicker, big worry.

157. By my unit is also purple on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Agreed.

158. By my unit is also purple on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

You should buttf@ck cook.

159. By my unit is also purple on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

This isnt gauntlet titus, but yellow elf needs food badly

160. By puckertrucker on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

@spencer, titus, and shawn: Guys that is the way I use to make my living climbing steel. Until I fell 4 Stories off a water tower in Yosimite National Park, the only thing I got out of it was a Steel hip, and a cane that was after the Doctors told my ex wife I was going to die, and if I lived I would never walk again. But for the Grace of God I fooled them all and I’m still here to root on the Vikes and read your crazy Blogs. Great going guys. The One and Only PuckerTrucker!!!!!!!Skol Fans

161. By Shawn on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

puckertrucker … sorry about your bad experiance. I am a low voltage electrician. which includes phone/data, a/v, fiber optics. and other stuff. I am afraid of heights at a certain point it makes my ba’lls tingle and I always have this feeling like i want to jump …. no im not suicidal but its just a weird thought when your(me) up in a tower.

I could never be an iron worker. as a foreman Ive had time to watch Iron Workers and its scary for a spectator. I watched a guy standing on a vertical iron beam which must be like 18″ squared and 20 feet high already 10 stories up with a crane floating the horizontal piece to him. i cant find a picture but its nutz.

162. By Shawn on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Parody I couldnt do it. I watched the video just now because I assumed he was tied off the whole way up. It is intense knowing he’s isnt.

I almost quit a job on a 90 foot boom lift fully extended. Those things bounce and you constantly feel like it will throw you out. I was a first year apprentice and it was my first experience …. Ive gotten used to them since but it can be nerve ra’cking

163. By Shawn on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Spencer I have no clue what those guys make but Iron Workers made about 55/hour + a percentage the higher they got. Just for a general idea. Of course they also get great benefits (health + retirement) …. That’s Union in Vegas.

Different cities and states have different pay scales. Non Union generally pays a similar hourly wage (less of course) but makes you pay for your own benefits.

164. By Rocksalt on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

a different breed of cat, to be sure

165. By sandiamond on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

166. By sandiamond on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Vikings’ turnover most evident at WR and CB

167. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Shawn, I thought the same thing– I was not even going to watch Spencer’s video– I thought there were safe4ty harnesses and probably a cage around the ladder– but then I could not believe it– and 1,700 feet up on a narrow antenna– you know the wind is blowing it around. Yikes.

By the way– I was on time out last night. I wonder if we all get only so many postings a day now— Fred is right, changes are coming.

168. By sandiamond on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

by: @ hurricane

Vikings undrafted CB Bobby Felder out of Nicholls State has had great OTAs so far. Watch for him come preseason.

169. By DRS on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Viking City Government Contacts

Mayor Ardelle Anderson Phone 218-523-3232
    Clerk/Treasurer Mike Distel Phone 218-523-3161

email mailto:cityofvi@mncable.net

Viking Community Center

The Viking Community Center is open nightly from six to nine-thirty p.m. The Community Center offers a nice variety of snacks and pizza plus a pool table and video games.

170. By DRS on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Did you know there is a Odin MN as well?

171. By DRS on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Here is to a 10-6 season, if all goes well.

172. By jdude on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Blackmon got arrested for DUI. Good thing we got Kalil and left Blackmon to the Jaguars.

173. By justin on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

1. Harvin
    2. Simpson
    3. Childs
    4. Jenkins
    5. Wright
    6. Burton
    These are our 6 guys

174. By RichardA1 on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

My palms are sweating after watching that climbing video. I don’t think anybody can cover Harvin and Simpson at the same time.

175. By Shawn on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Several congressmen are looking to pass an amendment that would once again allow the government to legally use propaganda on the American Public. The amendment would basically strike down two previous acts—the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948 and Foreign Relations Authorization Act in 1987—that were passed to protect the American public from government sponsored propaganda.

Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-Texas) and Rep. Adam Smith (D-Wash) are the two congressmen sponsoring this bi-partisan amendment that would allow the government to legally use misinformation campaigns on the American public. The amendment to this years $642 billion defense spending bill would “strike the current ban on domestic dissemination” and allow the government to legally use State Department and Pentagon sponsored propaganda campaigns.

Between the governments use of mainstream media to control the news to the government demonizing groups who they disagree with, this amendment is yet another example of their disdain for the American people. As it is, it’s hard enough to believe anything you hear or see on the mainstream news. If this amendment is allowed to pass, the flood gates of misinformation and propaganda will make it almost impossible to separate fact from fiction.

To put forth a bill that allows the government to legally lie to the American public is not only ridiculous, but it’s a slap into the face to the principles that this country was founded on.

176. By Shawn on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Mac Thornberry

177. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Pitchers are on a pitch count, and we have just been put on a post count.

Im going to keep track of how many posts I have till I get placed into solitary.

178. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Since the start of 2011 there have been seven Viking arrests:

-Caleb King
    -Everson Griffin(twice)
    -Tyrell Johnson
    -Benny Sapp
    -Jerome Felton
    -Rhett Bomar

Great Job Leslie Frazier, you are really changing the culture around here…..

179. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Sorry, my drunk neigbor(packers fan) thought it would be funny to post stupid stuff with my phone last night. anyway @ fred jones, dude four wounded kickers in one year! what are the odds? another hot sunday with no vikings football…..boooring.

180. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Also we need to get some ancient vikings arfifacts and when they start construction on the new stadium, have titus ride over there and toss them into the footings when they pour the crete. skol everyone.

181. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Packer fans know how to use cell phones?

182. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Someone must have taught him to read.

183. By Immure on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Spencer- I think you may have “accidentally” forgotten someone on your list of players who got arrested.

184. By Shawn on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Immure I was going to say something but didnt have the energy to start a nonsensical “debate”

Im actually feeling very positive about our current roster. Without Madieu, BB, and Asher I feel like a fresh new start has begun

185. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Must be a smart phone.

186. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

I dont understand the duis, these guys can afford a driver or a taxi. At least try to act like a professional

187. By packhater on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Until Simpson gets back and some of these young WRs get their feet wet, we might wanna take a page out of New England’s playbook and use Rudolph,Carlson, and Harvin as our version of Gronk,Hernandez, and Welker. I think that will work early with the softer schedule plus build confidence for Ponder.

188. By Hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

@titus lol. He has a packers sticker on his electric push mower, what a douche.

189. By Mike B. on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

@Shawn Since we have instant access to information 24/7, wouldn’t be practical to protect sensitive information from the public. We wouldn’t want to put lives at risk if too much information is leaked out. During WW2 the government did not tell it’s citizens just how close we were to being bankrupt. If we did know, do you think there would have been the millions give during the war bond drives. There are times disinformation needs to be used. Most people wouldn’t know the difference anyway with all the drivel that comes from the evening news from ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN.

190. By Shawn on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

@Mike B … you said “Most people wouldn’t know the difference anyway with all the drivel that comes from the evening news from ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN.”

I actually didnt know propaganda was illegal LOL … so imagine how divided we the people will become once its legal to lie to us.

I believe we the people are smart enough to hear the truth. I believe we deserve the truth. Sometimes truth hurts in the short term but is always better in the long term. Our country is divided and the only way to survive is to get some real information.

How can 1/2 the country believe Obama is the most leftist extremist in American history when the left half of the country thinks hes middle right?

Someone is or everyone is already getting misinformation. THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE ….

191. By Hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Okay everyone, try not to get the song, RASBERRY BERET stuck in your head.

192. By Hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

She wore a RASBERRY BERET……….

193. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

I wonder if there is some limit on number of postings per blogger– last night I had another time out unexpectedly.

194. By Shawn on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Star running back. In his prime. Tears his ACL in his fifth NFL season. At the age of 26.

It’s no wonder Adrian Peterson’s knee injury hits home with former Denver Broncos star Terrell Davis, who experienced a similar setback in 1999.

Like Peterson, Davis attacked rehab. Yet he was never the same, playing just 13 games while rushing for 983 yards and two touchdowns after the injury.

So Davis cautions those who see Peterson’s progress and expect him to be a Pro Bowl player again soon, offering two areas to monitor when Peterson returns.

For starters, Davis believed his knee injury made him think too much.

“Rather than being instinctive, you start to choreograph your moves,” Davis said in a recent ESPN interview. “As a running back, you just can’t choreograph your moves. You have to work off instincts.”

Davis also points out it wasn’t his injured right knee that bothered him most after he returned. It was his left knee that forced his 2002 retirement, the meniscus and cartilage deteriorating as he compensated for his injury.

“By that time, I had favored my other knee so much that [my left knee] started to wear out on me,” Davis said.

195. By Hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Shawn, you’re scaring the children.

196. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Tiger just won his 73rd PGA Tour tying Jack Nickalus!!!!!!

What a brilliant round of golf Tiger put on today- absolutely amazing!

Tiger Woods=G.O.A.T

197. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

*Correction, Tiger moved ahead of Jack for second place in all time PGA Tour victories.

198. By Shawn on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Tiger Woods? You mean the s3x addict?

199. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Only you would bring out the negatives on such a joyous day…

200. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Shawn- do you have any shame?

201. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, that is amazing. Congrats to Tiger Woods. I would be more proud of him if he became a bigger person in character and humility. Talent can only carry you so far- it takes integrity to leave a legacy.

202. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Funny, Muammad Ali is light years ahead of almost any other fighter in history and nobody was even close to him when it came to self promoting arrogance.

203. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, you are comparing apples and oranges again.

204. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

205. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, you will be put on time out soon.

206. By sandiamond on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

what happened to hognuts?

207. By celticvikingwarrior on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

For those of you who were upset that we did not pick WR- Justin Blackmon in the draft, breath a sigh of relief as he would have been added to the “Viking DUI” list. He joined the “fraternity” today, having a B.A.C. in excess of 1.5.
    Oh happy day’s.
    Tiger did indeed TIE Jack Nichalus for 2nd place all time at 73 win’s…

Shawn, excellent post and I highly respect your position, as well as your ideal’s. Sadly however I just don’t feel that thing’s will change, as we have to go the extra mile to FEEL THE TRUTH as it is now…..
    Keep on, keeping on, keeping us HONEST !!!!

208. By Hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

She wore a RASBERRY beret

209. By sandiamond on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Just Lob It Up~

210. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Raspberry beret, the kind you find in a second hand store…

211. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lETl9vA9VWw Heres some good stuff. trust hotcarl.

212. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Dang sandiamond, he strait jumped over that guy!!

213. By sandiamond on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

yea that was so cool! hope to see #81 leaping over cheezers

214. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

215. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

The kind you find in a second hand store.

216. By Rocksalt on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

once again. RIGHT ON SHAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

217. By Rocksalt on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

I was on timeout last night……almost thought I would see Titus sitting in the corner……

218. By Rocksalt on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

but then again……

219. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Get original Rocky– I said that about you.

220. By sandiamond on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

The next Brian Quick/ JeromeSimpson out of that southern league(2013 draft)

221. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

I was on time out though. Right after I commented on Spencer’s high flying climbing video.

222. By Rocksalt on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Spencer-
    Do you have any logic???

223. By Rocksalt on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

originality is overrated, Titus.

224. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

225. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

I can post again.

Today Mr.Wobschall put me on an “8″ post count.

226. By Rocksalt on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

especially on a blog

227. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Wobschall is the originator of the time out– sometimes he is gone so long, our blogs grow over a 1000 postings long.

228. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Welcome back, Cotter.

229. By Rocksalt on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

LOL

230. By sandiamond on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

wob’s alshon jeffery blog forever changed vikings.com

231. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

I find it funny tho Titus, as soon as you said “Spencer, you will be put on time out soon” then I could no longer post.

My suspicion is growing…

232. By Shawn on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Shoot … I made a mistake. I plagiarized that propaganda article. I didnt put the link with it. I dont remember where I got it at this point. I hope people knew I didnt write it.

233. By Shawn on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

My response to Mike B was me … it was just the original propaganda post that I copied and pasted … I normally post a link but I didnt that time . Shame on me :(

234. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Well Spencer– I had a similar experience– the other night I was posting and posting– I said where is everyone and Fred said everyone is trying to post. SO, I said — I am not on time out– HA HA HA– then I could not post again that night. That is very suspicious. Probably I won’t be able to now after this— and Spencer I will see you in a moment.

235. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

HAHA Sandiamond- 1,135 posts on that Alshon Jeffery blog! After that Wobs must have said to himself no más, no more!

236. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, do you really think he is watching us?

237. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Yes, and I believe he also walks amongst us.

238. By sandiamond on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

ha! spence. not sure if we should jump on the B. Walters train or not

239. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

I think Spencer you are off you rocker.

240. By Spencer on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Titus you just made a spelling mistake……….

241. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

OH OH

242. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

I know– I tried to correct it and put a *your in an immediate post but I was on a short time out.

243. By sandiamond on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

244. By Frederick Jones on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

@Sandiamond,

I was glad when he suggested they keep their pants up!!!

245. By Frederick Jones on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

Yep…I think this blog will change. I hope that I can handle it.

246. By Parody on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

The blog has changed. That’s why we keep on getting put on timeout. Why is it happening? We can all only guess, but I’m certain that it started happening because someone tried to improve something and made a mistake.

Mistakes happen. I hope they continue trying to improve this site, because if they don’t, then the timeouts will never go away. Every time an improvement comes out, it’s annoying because you’re not used to it (or someone made a mistake) but once you become familiar with it, you start to forget whatever it was that annoyed you.

247. By Parody on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

If you can’t handle change, then what are you doing on a blogging site? Most of you are old enough that the word “internet” wasn’t even in your vocabulary for a generation or longer.

248. By Shawn on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Maybe the new CISPA bill that tracks people on the internet has caused this mess. Maybe I will disappear one day locked up indefinitely for questioning the intentions of our government. Maybe the timeouts are to keep my disappearance unnoticed long enough for a cover-up. When Shawn stops posting bloggers will assume he is in timeout when really the government has thrown him in guantonamo bay

249. By Parody on Jun 3, 2012 | Reply

Shawn – I don’t think they do that anymore…too much paper work keeping internet prisoners in a high security American facility. Nowadays, they’ll just send you on a “hiking trip” in the Middle-East.

250. By Dalton Hays on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

I am starting to get annoyed whenever anyone on ESPN or NFL Network talk about the top WRs in the league, I have yet to hear Harvin’s name come up, he should be in the NFL.com top 100 players list but got dubbed again. Whats your thoughts on it, do you agree with me, Harvin needs some attention!

251. By ozzinator on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

From KSTP:

Gov. Scott Walker says if he survives Tuesday’s recall election, his victory will send the message that voters really do want their politicians to make tough decisions.

The Republican governor met Sunday with about 100 campaign volunteers in Germantown, about 20 miles northwest of Milwaukee. Afterward he said voters are frustrated by leaders who don’t keep their campaign promises, and his victory would prove that he’s one leader who does.

Walker was joined by Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican National Committee. Priebus says Walker’s reforms have been working, and voters understand that.

He says voters of all parties understand that states can’t spend money they don’t have, and voters know how fiscally responsible Walker has been.

Walker’s Democratic challenger is Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett.

Cheers for Gov. Wlaker!

252. By DRS on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

253. By DRS on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

254. By DRS on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

255. By DRS on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

256. By DRS on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

257. By DRS on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

258. By DRS on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

Here is to all who love freedom and liberty, have a great day.

259. By Parody on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

Everybody get a good hard look at the sun tomorrow! It will be your last chance this century to see a little spec called Venus cross over it:

260. By Rocksalt on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

really???????timeouts? what is this, pre school?

261. By sandiamond on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

I’ve only heard one person not assuming/mentioning starting spots to rookies automatically and that is mike wobschal. No rookie has earned the first starting job yet! keep that in mind PA and the rest of the media

262. By Jon on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

Hey Mike, I would just like to say that I’m very pleased with your hard work and dedication to keep us updated with all the latest information pertaining to the vikings organization. We’ve made some really great progress throughout the off-season by improving our offensive line with the addition of Matt Kalil, the signing of John Sullivan, switching Johnson to guard, and keeping Loalholdt on the roster as well. I’m sure are offensive line will be much more efficient this year. I’m also impressed by the recent signings of John Carlson, Jerome Simpson, Greg Childs, and Jarius Wright. However, I was just curious as to how you would rate the wide receivers that we have on our team as far as being a number 1 wide receiver, number 2, so on and so forth? Also, do you have a prediction on how they will do production wise this season? Do you think the vikings will still use Joe Webb as an option for wide receiver in certain situations such as a key red zone option perhaps? I could see him and Kyle Rudolph dominating defenses with their height and amazing athletic abilities.

263. By Parody on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

That’s not true Sandiamond. Kalil has his spot locked in, I guarantee it. A team does not spend a top-five pick on an offensive lineman if they’re not certain that he’ll be the starter.

It’s not 100% certain, but as close to a guarantee as I’d be willing to make on anything. Kalil could still shoot himself in the foot, figuratively or literally (Plaxico Burress), and I’d have to retract my guarantee. But the only person who can stop Kalil from starting is Kalil himself.

264. By sandiamond on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

Kalil and Harrison may not ready to start game 1 is all i’m saying. If not the first rounders would have to lock in the position after a few games giving the structure of youth the Vikings follow

265. By sandiamond on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

* might not be ready

266. By RED on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

How much cap space do the Vikings have left? It seems like they have trimmed more than they spent. Can they use ‘unsused’ cap money to ‘prepay’ players and create more cap space in the future? Juggle the books, so to speak.

267. By sandiamond on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

I think that is what dallas and washington got in trouble for in the year 2010 cap. No doubt more has been trimmed than added so a couple of free agents are seriously needed to field a competitive team imo

268. By monahdav on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

I would like to know what does coach Frazier think of WR Wright & WR Childs I seen what the Coach had to say about Simpson The coach & ponder like Simpson But Not alot has been said about the two rookie receivers.

269. By arthur on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

What wr will have the biggest impact? between Childs and Wright which one will be more productive? could one of those guys be the most productive on the team are they that good?

270. By monahdav on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

I think Childs will be the most productiveof the Two If he plays anything like he did in Collage before he was hurt & Yes Both Childs & Wright is that good Take a on some video on them on youtube I am sure anyone that hasnt it Will think Yes Their that good.

271. By monahdav on Jun 4, 2012 | Reply

This is a Clip on the Two Childs & wright….http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMa7939eEQM

272. By leehoneya on Jun 5, 2012 | Reply

We will have to consider it if I can not get a solution closer to Oklahoma requiring less travel. I am convinced the main generator head is not the main problem.
    Rotary joint

273. By PurplHaze on Jun 5, 2012 | Reply

Don’t bother emailing in any questions. They won’t get aired anyway.

274. By hotcarlgiver on Jun 6, 2012 | Reply

Agreed mohnad.

275. By dj on Jun 8, 2012 | Reply

ochocinco was just released would he be a good fit. would tim tebo be a good fit,with harvin being his guy back in the day,and with ad what a ground attack.

276. By monahdav on Jun 8, 2012 | Reply

Does Greg Childs have a chance at being the srarter for the Vikes Now that he is missing OTAs I know theres still Minni Camp but does he have a good chance?

277. By Mo Elmi on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

What is the latest news on Percy Harvin trade.