Phase 2 Of Vikings Offseason Program Begins Monday

Posted by Mike Wobschall on May 7, 2012 – 7:04 am

The Vikings 9-week offseason program is segmented into 3 phases, and as the team enters its third week of workouts it also launches Phase 2 of the program. Attendance for Phase 1 of the offseason program was near-capacity and I anticipate the same will be true for Phase 2, especially in light of how many veterans hung around Winter Park to observe the team’s rookie minicamp this past weekend.

We explained the differences in each phase of the offseason program a few weeks ago, but as a review here are the basics of Phase 2:

– Coaches are allowed to be on the field with players
– “Perfect Play” rules are in effect (no contact, no going to the ground, etc.)
– Individual player instruction drills permitted
– Special teams drills on a “separates” basis
– No live contact
– No individual or team offense vs. defense
– No helmets

104 Responses to “Phase 2 Of Vikings Offseason Program Begins Monday”

1. By Frederick Jones on May 7, 2012 | Reply

“I DISAPROVE OF WHAT YOU SAY, BUT I WILL DEFEND TO THE DEATH YOUR RIGHT TO SAY IT.”
    Beatrice Henry and Voltaire

2. By Frederick Jones on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Woweewow,

I could not believe the three guys I did battle with yesterday over the necessity of good teamwork. There have been very few teams, in any sport, where teamwork wasn’t a vitale cog.

Perhaps the strength of the MN Vikings vs L.A., Chicago, N.Y., etc., over the years has been their teamwork.

I know you are young and strong, but if you don’t think TEAMWORK is important, well think again!

Next year’s blog will probably be different, so enjoy it while you can!!!

3. By Frederick Jones on May 7, 2012 | Reply

I’ve been accused of ripping Spielman, and I have admitted to doing so many times in the last month. (Your reminders were not necessary)
    I’ve also committed to not doing so again.

GENTLEMEN,
    I AM AS GUILTY AS ANYONE OF CALLING NAMES.
    BUT WE MAY HAVE A GOOD TEAM THIS YEAR (8-8 because of the new schedule), SO LET’S NOT USE THE S O P H O M O R I C IDEA OF CALLING VIKINGS PLAYERS, FRONT OFFICE PERSONNEL, COACHES, OR FANS ANY NAMES.
    WE MUST TRULY BE A TEAM!!!

4. By Frederick Jones on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Now it is time for the three bloggers (They know who “they be”) to re-examine their position and follow suit.

5. By DRS on May 7, 2012 | Reply

What about them DFLers who are VOTEING NO as well?

What about all those Minnesotan voters who say no to any public money for any new stadiums?

What about all the Republicans who are voting yes on this Vikings bill?

What about all the DFLers who are voting yes on this Vikings bill?

What party is good and what party is bad, who knows, that could be tossed around forever, Should it not be what person is good or bad?

I say keep the good person and vote out the bad, do not throughout the baby with the bath water. I say do not be party blind drones; study, know what you are doing before doing it. It is D-Day, now is the time, if you can show up and support your local team, (sheriff).

I am saddened that I cannot be there today to add my voice to the many. I cannot afford the price to be there, so I will have to be there in spirit, have a great day and God bless you all.

6. By Mike B. on May 7, 2012 | Reply

@Fred sorry bud not going to happen anytime soon. I want to see if Spielman and Fraizer can translate their plans onto the field when that happens I may change my position. Until then sorry mac you’re barking up the wrong tree. I wanted both Fraizer and Spielman fired at the end of last season, but didn’t happen so now I wait and see.

7. By Frederick Jones on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Actually, There are 4 bloggers that should re-examine their position, I am that 4th one! All of you uneducated Clowns WILL think and do what I WANT!

Follow suit? Yes, I will wear my Polka-Dot suit, with Purple stripes and Fraziers name tag on the back, today! You all better do the same, or face my never ending posts about the OL.” Hurry for Purple Frogs!” They just keep hopping around!

8. By eivihm on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Did someone forget to give freddie his pills today?:P
    on another point, big support for the stadium coming in from norway! Keep letting the politicians hear your voices, i cannot be there with you(obviously, couse im in norway), but as with DRS im with you in spirit! SKOL!
    -the real viking

9. By eivihm on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Im also wearing the Vikings jersey to work, even tho the manager doesn’t approve, to show support!

10. By Kvam on May 7, 2012 | Reply

I’m another Norwegian wearing my Vikings jersey today. I hope the Vikings stays in Minnesota where they belong.

11. By NovaScotiaVike on May 7, 2012 | Reply

( Somali Pirate )……” Now, Mr. Zellers, I am going to start cutting you up with my cutl@ss, piece by piece, starting with your fingers and toes and then feed you to the sharks”…….(Zellers)……But you said that you would spare me because I was your “favorite” !!!!!!……..(Pirate)………” I “misspoke”…….(SLASH,CUT,HACK).

12. By Frederick Jones on May 7, 2012 | Reply

The non-purple Frederick Jones are imposters! So the last post by Jones is not the real Frederick Jones!!!

13. By Frederick Jones on May 7, 2012 | Reply

@Mike B.,

I respect your position on Spielman and Frazier.

Knocking them on the blog will not help them achieve their goals, that is if you plan on doing things that way!

I am not accusing you of teasing them, I don’t read every post!

14. By Viking-ology on May 7, 2012 | Reply

VOTE YES
    VOTE YES
    VOTE YES
    VOTE YES
    VOTE YES
    VOTE YES
    VOTE YES
    KEEP THE VIKINGS IN MINNESOTA

15. By DRS on May 7, 2012 | Reply

HomeSportsVikings/NFL

As big vote looms on $1B Minnesota Vikings stadium, it’s rally time for supporters

16. By DRS on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Vikings stadium vote queued up in Minn. House; dramatic first test for high-profile, $1B bill

Article by: Associated Press Updated: May 7, 2012 – 9:19 AM

ST. PAUL, Minn. – The $1 billion Vikings stadium package is getting its first test with a big vote planned in the Minnesota House.

House leaders planned the debate and vote for later Monday. The stadium debate is expected to go on for hours, and the vote might not come until after midnight.

If passed in the House, the stadium proposal still faces a number of steps through the legislative process. A Senate vote would follow on a separate version of the bill. If that gets through the Senate, the varying bills would have to be reconciled in a conference committee before final votes in both chambers.

Even bill supporters were hesitant to predict success, and many lawmakers said at the end of last week they were still undecided.

17. By DRS on May 7, 2012 | Reply

On and on it goes, where it stops, no one knows, are we having fun yet?

18. By DRS on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Then and now: Stadium vote not 1st for some Minn. legislators who weighed Twins project in ’06

Article by: Associated Press Updated: May 6, 2012 – 11:47 PM

Stadium votes don’t run along party lines in the Minnesota Legislature and can be the most difficult — and visible — that lawmakers ever cast.

Ninety-nine sitting lawmakers were part of the 201-member Legislature the last time a Minnesota professional sports team won approval for a stadium subsidy, the 2006 Twins ballpark legislation. It prevailed with a few House votes to spare but by the barest of Senate margins before a signature by a Republican governor.

19. By No Name! on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Not the Reel Fred, comes as a surprise! There was enough spin on it! Just stop all the Bull$hit Fred and nobody will keep hitting on you! Wake up and smell the Roses, Not the Cow Poop!

20. By DRS on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Vikings situation highlights only way to get a new NFL team — relocation among 32 teams

Article by: DAVE CAMPBELL and JON KRAWCZYNSKI , Associated Press Updated: May 6, 2012 – 11:47 PM

In an interview last month, NFL vice president of business operations Eric Grubman said he has a list “longer than my arm” of interested buyers in cities “all over the place,” but named only Los Angeles and Toronto as viable markets the league would currently consider.

Expansion doesn’t appear to be an alternative.

21. By DRS on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Vikings stadium bill up for House vote (w/ LIVE VIDEO)
    Pioneer Press
    twincities.com
    Posted: 05/06/2012 12:01:00 AM CDT
    May 7, 2012 2:50 PM GMTUpdated: 05/07/2012 09:50:05 AM CDT

22. By DRS on May 7, 2012 | Reply

later everyone.

23. By Rocksalt on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Zellers says he ‘misspoke’ in KFAN interview about the Vikings
    Posted by: Rachel E. Stassen-Berger under Minnesota legislature Updated: May 4, 2012 – 7:23 PM

On Thursday, House Speaker Kurt Zellers went on KFAN sports radio and said that although he would be voting against the Minnesota Vikings stadium bill on the floor on Monday, “I want to see the bill pa.ss.”

He explained his no vote but also repeated, “Hopefully it will pa.ss and hopefully the governor will have a chance to sign the bill.”

“If the governor is the guy at the 50-yard line when the new stadium opens, flipping the coin, I’ll be right there cheering for him the whole way,” he said under fierce questioning from host Dan Barreiro.

On Friday, he tried to fix what seemed to many like a confusion of answers and double-speak.

“I was on an interview that was a little hot and contested. Maybe my mouth got ahead of, my he.ad got ahead of my mouth,” he told reporters in a press conference. “I misspoke. I’ve always said that I want, I think the Vikings are an as.set, I want them to stay but the bill in the current form is what I was talking about and again, I’ve said very clearly the other day that I can’t sup.port it in the form that it’s in so I misspoke. I was in an interview, we were going fast and furious. I made a mistake. Lately , I’ve been kind of off on my game. My crystal b.all is off. I got a little ahead of myself. So, no, just a misstatement.”

A reporter also asked: “Mr. Speaker you also said that you wanted to be on the 50-yard line to celebrate with the governor, so why not vote for the bill?”

Zellers in response: “No. I said, when asked do you want to deny him his win, and I said no, I think he should be there on the 50-yard line, flipping the coin if the stadium pa.sses, if it’s signed into law. I didn’t say I wanted to be there with him. ”

After he left the formal press conference, reporters sought to clarify what he thought was a mistake.

Reporter 1: “Can you explain what you ‘misspoke’ on? Do you not hope the bill will pa.ss? Or do you hope the bill will pa.ss?

Zellers: “I said what I said. I made a mistake. I can admit it.”

Reporter 1: “Right but what was the mistake?”

Reporter 2: “You actually don’t want it to pa.ss, is that what you’re saying?”

Zellers: “No.”

Reporter 1: “You want it to pa.ss?”

Zellers: “I’m not going to make any more mistakes.”

Reporter 1: “Right. But you said you misspoke and you made a mistake. I’m trying to figure out what you think was the mistake. That’s an honest question.”

Zellers: “I corrected it.”

Reporter 1: “So what’s the correction?…Can you explain?”

Zellers: “I said that the Vikings are an as.set I want to see them stay. And what was misinterpreted was that I wanted the bill (to) pa.ss but I wasn’t going to vote for it. I said I can’t vote for the bill. I want to see the Vikings stay I think they’re an as.set, I’ve said that many times.”

24. By Rocksalt on May 7, 2012 | Reply

LOL Nova!

25. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

I wrote Zellers a long email last night.

26. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

I was very polite and tried to be persuasive– it was written quickly– could have been better, but I think it was good. I also wrote my direct representative who is a Democrat– I made similar points to both. So, I have written both parties.
    Let’s hope thousands of others also wrote.

27. By Spencer on May 7, 2012 | Reply

When will we know its done? What time????

28. By DRS on May 7, 2012 | Reply

The UpTake 2Video coverage of politics. A second channel for The UpTake when we have more than two live events going at once. (which is often these days)

29. By DRS on May 7, 2012 | Reply

By DRS on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Article by: Associated Press Updated: May 7, 2012 – 9:19 AM

30. By Spencer on May 7, 2012 | Reply

DRS- This is the last time i’ll ask this….

From 1-10, what are the chances you think we get a deal done?

31. By DRS on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Spencer at this time I would say a 4.

32. By Frederick Jones on May 7, 2012 | Reply

@NoName,

Your blog name sums it up!

33. By Frederick Jones on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Beatrice Henry and Voltaire

34. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, I give it a 5.

35. By Spencer on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Freddie- a couple days ago you crucified me for not accepting Frazier and saying that hes not a good coach.

But every day you talk about how bad the o-line is and you never accept them for how they are.

Hypocrite.

36. By DRS on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Later everone I must be going, have a great day.

37. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Dear Kurt Zellers, Speaker of the House,

As someone who often has believed in the Republican platform, I only vaguely understand your position on the stadium bill. While I agree with the principles of fiscal responsibility and less government, I also believe in the creation of jobs to instill welfare from within– is this not the core Republican way? We ensure people work so their dignity and purpose is preserved, and we do not just hand them a fish to eat for a day? I believe it is a wise move for you to vote yes because the Vikings stadium is an investment in jobs– something I believe you toured the state with the former governor to promote. You know, as a Republican, that we live in a consumer based economy, and truthfully, most of our economic woes can ease and even erase once more money flows.This stadium is not just about buying 60 some thousand seats but an injection of millions each year into the economy– money that will be spent on existing businesses and increase the discretionary incomes of countless hospitality workers in the area. Vote YES and see the great impact it will have on the state and Twin Cities’ economies.

Some say $427 million put forth by the Vikings is not enough, but I read that is the third highest percentage any team owner in the NFL has contributed to a stadium in recent memory. It is nearly half a billion, if you want to change the semantics, and thus the connotation to your fellow legislators.

It is estimated each football game infuses $6 million into the local economy– that is nearly $50 million a year. Plus another $20 million is generated annually by taxes.
    So, in ten years, there is nearly $500 million dollars circulated in the economy, plus another 200 million paid in taxes. Add a Superbowl and a final four or other event, and the money generated into our economy will be over a billion– this is an investment. And, did we even mention the extra infusion of playoff games, let alone other events? Currently, the Metrodome has some 300 events a year. As far as I know, that is not even mentioned in all the proponents arguments for the stadium.

Besides the thousands of jobs the stadium will provide, the $50 million infused into the economy each fall will have a ripple effect and help countless businesses. Do the right thing– vote YES!

There, of course, are the intangibles of an NFL franchise to the overall quality of life and its influence on the perception of Minnesota from other states and even the world. Many corporate leaders and others believe a franchise is vital to keeping the Twin Cities as a top-tiered city– do you want to be an Alpha-ranked city someday, or just another Midwestern town? Are conventions influenced by the perception of the cities they are held in? You betcha! There is so much money that enters the state and Twin Cities because of the franchise. Maybe even an Olympics could be held here and the stadium would be one of the selling points. Let’s do the right thing.Vote YES.

One thing is certain– if the Vikings leave Minnesota, those in office will leave that legacy, which in future years, once a new franchise is re-established (and it will- at a much higher cost than the current stadium bill is asking for), will be a tarnished legacy embedded with a mediocre spirit and short sighted vision — please do not let short term pain and pride keep you from voting for a better Minnesota for all Minnesotans. Vote YES. Thank you.

Sincerely,

(Titus)

38. By No Name! on May 7, 2012 | Reply

name and message “Sums it up?” Yes, indeed, More people already know it means something worth better than “Fredderick” Babbling like a tea pot in a tempest. Still smelling the Cow Poop? Oh, that’s right, you are just one of the Jones’ Boys. When the Vikings leave Minnesota, pack up your kit and hitch a ride in a cattle car saved just for you LA could use another clown in town..

39. By Mike B. on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Great letter there Titus here here Excellent. Well Done.

40. By DeerTracks on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Titus, That is GREAT!

41. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Left a tear in my eye, Titus. Beautiful.

42. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

43. By iaVIKE on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Let’s hope that’s true hognuts

44. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Amen brotha!

45. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Thanks all– I shudder at some of the mistakes in that letter– but writers tend to be perfectionists, and like I said, I wrote it in a hurry.

46. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

If it has any effect on the vote, then I am happy.

47. By Rogerthevikefan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

@Titus great letter hopefully he will read it and show it to the rest of the legislator.

48. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Thanks Roger– that is what I am thinking about. Will the letter be read by him? If I could do it over, I would have written it a few weeks ago, polished it a bit better and we could take out a full page ad in the Tribune– the whole page with one letter from a common sense fan. Well, let’s see what happens today.

49. By Rogerthevikefan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

I’m just sick of everyones political agendas working against the good of the public. They were elected to better the state but all they do is B1TCH and Moan about not getting their way. Do what will better the state.

50. By OTKalil2012 on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Spencer…

I give it an 8…

51. By Rogerthevikefan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Political party should never mean going against the public good.

52. By Rogerthevikefan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer I give it a 7

53. By OTKalil2012 on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Titus…

Nice letter…I hope Zellers has seen many emails with similar statistics inside…Good work… ; )

54. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

55. By minne on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Zellers is a perfect example of what is wrong with politics today. Double talking to try and ease the blow back against them from people who don’t support his values. Sadly it works all too often on people who fail to think for themselves.

Zeller: “I want this bill to pass, but refuse to vote for it until we instill a big tax break for big business (aka my biggest campaign contributors)”

Mindless People hear: “I am glad to hear you want it to pass, so you must not be voting in favor of the stadium bill for a reason that benefits me.”

Me: Face Palm “Wake up people!”

56. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

…..and so it begins…..

57. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

58. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Here we go…

59. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

If we lose an NFL franchise as a metro area projected to be over 4 million in the next twenty years, we will be a laughingstock. There are a lot of smaller metros with teams–

60. By Rogerthevikefan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

61. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Ellison is one of my favorites– he was picked because he is so strong as a blocker.

62. By Rogerthevikefan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Hopefully those who think double talk is great realize that actions speak louder. A vote NO means a angry Viking horde will soon follow.

63. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Roger, so true. If I hope something happens, I do my best to make it a reality– not take action to stop it. Crazy talk. Orwell wrote about it in “1984″- doublespeak is what I think he called it.

64. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Do your thing Lanning, butter those b@astards up.

65. By Shawn on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Good job … Titus cheers

66. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

67. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

68. By Rogerthevikefan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Mayock said that the USC offense basically ran trew Ellison. That got my interest so I watched a few games and was very pleased. Ellison is not JimmyK but is in the same mold.

69. By minne on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Even if it does pass by a large margin, I am definitely voting NO for Zeller and others who vote against the stadium. I am sick of selfish people holding office. (Zeller’s attempt to doubletalk his way out of back lash has earned him a NO vote regardless on how he votes on this bill). We need to start getting straight shooters in office. Everyone here needs to see to it that we clean out the political office, and rid it of people who will only support their own personal agenda, and do our best to replace them with politicians who are for the greater good of our state and country. Even if we do win the stadium fight, the war doesn’t stop there.

70. By Rogerthevikefan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Democrat Rep. Ryan Winkler changing his NO to a YES vote because the stadium bill is the only bill that will create jobs. He has seen the light. Now other need to follow his example.

71. By PurplHaze on May 7, 2012 | Reply

“By Rogerthevikefan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Funny people questioned the Ellison pick yet he was one of the more talked about guys at the rookie camp. The more I hear and see of him the greater the pick looks.”

***********

You can bet your bottom dollar Spielman and Co. did their homework on Ellison. They were looking for as identical a replacement to Jimmy as they could find. Looks like they did a good job, and made a solid choice!

72. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Cool– Winkler is one I wrote to as well– I am in his district.

73. By minne on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Who else thinks the Vikings will take the league by surprise this year? I have been looking at power rankings and general league chatter and I see a lot of people predicting them to be one of the bottom three teams in the NFL. To me, that means teams will not take them as serious. That combined with the fact that the Vikings have vastly improved this offseason, could mean for a far better season than predicited. Plus this is the first official year of Fraziers team. He has had to work with the rubble left behind by childress before this year.

74. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

I agree Minnie — I predict 10 wins.

75. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Oh oh– I Googled Vikings stadium and the third posting was this:

76. By minne on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Titus – that is kind of what I was thinking. A lot of players and coaches will have something to prove and will be playing with a chip on their shoulder. I think it is going to make for an interesting year.

77. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

An amendment just adopted that ups the Vikings share to the stadium. That is not good.

78. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

There is more news from out of state than within.

79. By WAStateVikesFan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

@ Titus

I saw that article the other day. It was an interesting read, although i feel like the title is misleading.

It is basically looking at the stadium deal from a taxpayers perspective of how the stadium doesn’t improve their own paychecks outside of the construction world for 3 yrs. Not really on the point of the stadium debate because the stadium would bring extra spending to the area, he then proceeds to argue that this extra spending should mean an increase in paychecks for the average taxpayer.

Last time i checked, extra spending to improve the economy doesn’t equate to an extra increase in their own paychecks, unless they directly work for the Vikings and/or construction jobs to support the new stadium.

80. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

I hate to point out the obvious, but here goes –

We made a lot of improvement in our team this off-season. So did the rest of the division, and they were GOOD last year.

We better have made a TON of improvement.

81. By Spencer on May 7, 2012 | Reply

82. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

WA fan, I agree the article is debatable– I did not even read all of it– I could see it was not a fully balanced argument. But the point is it is out there– not everyone has critical thinking skills and many of the opponents will buy into the rhetoric.

83. By WAStateVikesFan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

In my mind the stadium is a benefit to the state and people of the state because it creates an improved environment for football games and will help bolster the economy overall in MN, and give fans an opportunity to “get away” from the everyday normal regardless if the event is a Vikes game or superbowl or NCAA tournament game etc.

84. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

WAState – you are absolutely correct, but the point we have to make to them is “look to the future” and show them the 2 possible futures, one with a new stadium, one without an NFL team.

85. By WAStateVikesFan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Good point. Hopefully most people who do read can see it’s flaws and therefore not big a big impact to the debate.

86. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

So true– football helps ease the pain for me as I transition into fall, knowing winter is coming– then the holidays, and then it is already mid January– and I know Spring is not too far away.

87. By minne on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Titus – I just read that artical as well. Very interesting. However, I think their logic is flawed due to the fact that the UBS test is based on building a new stadium to attract a team for which a market will have to be built up. The UBS test fails to account for money and jobs lost when a NFL team leaves the market it was in, and only accounts for what it cost is. The biggest flaw with it though, is that the Vikings have a following that spreads across many states and even around the world. People do not realize that there are a lot of people who pay attention to/come to Minnesota only because of the Vikings.

88. By Titus on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Like I said, I only scanned the article, so I hope my observations are not too off. think there is a huge assumption in its major premise– the money spent at the stadium will be spent elsewhere– therefore the same amount of money will be flowing through the local economy. I am not convinced, especially as you say, for out-of-towners. Plus, I am not sure there is an equality in spending between having a meal at a casual restaurant or going to the movies versus the amount spent at a game, and the peripheral amenities that go along with the game. I may get a DVD at the library rather than go to the movie theater, but what is the substitute for going to a game? Or the tax revenue of over 20 million a year?

89. By minne on May 7, 2012 | Reply

That is the exact assumption UBS, and the writter of the article are making. The writter was defending the test with every comment he made, which makes the article as a whole biased towards the logic of the test which I feel, in Minnesota’s case, is not logical at all. I will spend $50 to go to a vikings game, I will not spend $50 to go to a movie. I will spend $50 on a Vikings Jersey, I will not spend $50 on a regular button up shirt. I will go to a bar before and maybe even after a game that I would otherwise not go to. I will buy food at the game, or at a restaurant that I would otherwise not go to. This is the kind of logic they fail to account for. Long story short if the Vikings are not here to attract my business, I will save the money and then business and Uncle Sam will not benefit. I am fairly certain my logic applys to the thousands that enjoy going to Vikings’ games.

90. By iaVIKE on May 7, 2012 | Reply

91. By minne on May 7, 2012 | Reply

By NorthwoodsVikesFan on May 7, 2012

“I hate to point out the obvious, but here goes –

We better have made a TON of improvement.”

When compared to the other teams in our division, I feel we have made a TON of improvement on both sides of the ball. We improved to get better. Other teams improved in hopes they can achieve similar success this year. Plus as I stated the Vikings organization will be playing with a chip on their shoulder that the other teams in our division do not have. Also the vikings have the advantage of playing from behind.

92. By Shawn on May 7, 2012 | Reply

I like the Vikings

93. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Longwell has just been cut. Go Blair Walsh.

94. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

95. By hognuts on May 7, 2012 | Reply

96. By minne on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Peace out Longwell. Unlike Gary Anderson, I wish you the best in your future.

97. By Frost on May 7, 2012 | Reply

they must really like this new kicker…

wish Longwell the best…

98. By Dave on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Why did we cut Longwell? :(

99. By iaVIKE on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Jeez, they must have seen something they really like out of Walsh within the last few days….

100. By NovaScotiaVike on May 7, 2012 | Reply

It usually costs me around $1000 for air fare to GET TO A VIKINGS GAME. I really don’t think I’ll spend that to go to a movie or restaurant in Minneapolis.

101. By Jeffbleedspurple on May 7, 2012 | Reply

GOP votes 73 – 58 in favor of stadium bill.

102. By celticvikingwarrior on May 7, 2012 | Reply

@ Titus, VERY NICE LETTER AND GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORT….However I can’t help it’s all in vain, although I pray (continuously) that I am WRONG…..
    There appear’s to be a colossal misconception out there, even among polotitians that the owner’s of the VIKINGS will also br the owner’s of the new stadium as evidenced by the following comment by King Banaian R-St CLOUD during the debate on the house floor ….’HOW MUCH OF THIS BUILDING IS ACTUALLY PAID FOR BY THE OWNER ?”….
    This was only part of his comment that concluded that the Wilf’s actual contribution would “only” be 30-50 million…
    Will someone from this clown’s district PLEASE inform him that the state of MINNESOTA WILL OWN THE STADIUM, JUST AS THEY OWN THE METRODOME, NOT THE VIKINGS, AND THUS THE STATE (I.E. THE PEOPLE) WILL BE THE MAJOR BENEFACTOR’S FROM THE INCOME RAISED DURING THE 300 (OR SO) EVENT’S HELD AT THE FACILITY EACH YEAR THAT HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE VIKINGS, AND THUS DOES NOT PUT ONE PENNY OF INCOME INTO THE VIKINGS OWNER’S POCKET’S……
    What to expect from someone named “King”

103. By celticvikingwarrior on May 7, 2012 | Reply

….but feel (it’s all in vain)

104. By puckertrucker on May 10, 2012 | Reply

To bad that the Politicians that voted against the Stadium bill could only see that the Vikings, were in some strange way taking their personal expenses from them instead of something that would help the State of Minnesota and its Citizens. But at least there were enough Great Politicians in this state that could see all the benefits that the State would derive from building the New Stadium, and keeping the Vikings here in Minnesota instead of letting them move out of state Just like the Lakers and North Stars did all those years ago. The One and Only PuckerTrucker! Skol Fans