Vikings Fans Can Help Make Stadium Dream A Reality This Weekend

Posted by Mike Wobschall on May 4, 2012 – 8:49 am

Vikings fans have played a key role toward generating momentum for passage of stadium legislation. With the Minnesota House of Representatives now set to vote on the current proposal on Monday, the ultimate goal is now closer than ever.

The Vikings are urging fans to help make the final push and make the stadium dream a reality.

“The outpouring of support from Vikings fans has greatly intensified over the last several weeks, but it’s crucial that our fans continue to be heard over the weekend,” Vikings Director of Corporate Communications Jeff Anderson said. “Every day we will be asking supporters to email, call, and tweet their State rep and tell them to vote ‘yes’ on Monday. Given that we’ve never been this close, there is absolutely no reason to hold back now.”

Vikings fans can call or email thier Representative to ask them to vote YES on the stadium bill to put thousands of Minnesotans back to work and help secure the Vikings in Minnesota for the next generation of fans. And don’t think your voice won’t be heard.

Minnesotans “are telling me that they want a stadium…a first-class facility that not only will be the home of our beloved Vikings for generations, but also a stadium that is used by the entire state,” Sen. Julie Rosen, chief author of the stadium legislation, told the Star Tribune. “That will attract a Super Bowl, Final Four and provide opportunities for amateur sports, high school sporting events and other organizations.”

Tags:

81 Responses to “Vikings Fans Can Help Make Stadium Dream A Reality This Weekend”

1. By GM on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Good to finally see a blog about the stadium.

2. By hognuts on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I can’t wait for Monday. I hope the results turn out well.

3. By Troutdaddy on May 4, 2012 | Reply

There you go DRS! Dedicated blog to the stadium cause! Vike fans, you had better do it now or never as this is going to be your Swan Song or Future Anthem going forward. I and many others have been doing our best as out-of-staters to reach out to our friends, family and relatives there to drum up support. I am praying for a solution on Monday that keeps the Vikes there. I also wanted to say thanks to the many people who have kept us update on this blog with the situation. You have been a great source of info for those of us who don’t have the time to find every detail. Skol Vikes. Keep bleeding purple…. Nuf said….

4. By Mike B. on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I emailed an undecided Rep and posted in my facebook page for my MN Friends. South Dakotans are for a New Vikings Stadium. Barroooohhhh

5. By Roninmn.. on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Call and email your district rep and senator, no time to waste. Put on as much pressure as you can. I heard back from my rep and he is voting for the stadium. I have not heard from my senator yet. I will call him again today. Zellers quit emailing me back. He claims to be a vikings fan but won’t vote for the bill.

6. By NorCal Purps on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Zellers is a closet cheesehead.

7. By iaVIKE on May 4, 2012 | Reply

You’d be surprised how many cheesed1cks there are in MN……..it’s disgusting

8. By NovaScotiaVike on May 4, 2012 | Reply

GET IT DONE AND THEN DEPORT ANYONE IN MINNESOTA WITH A gb jersey TO BOSNIA.

9. By NovaScotiaVike on May 4, 2012 | Reply

* and nail a politician to each one.

10. By Lance on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I am a Canadian fan of the vikings…. I would love to email them a few nice letters. If anyone has a list of their emails I would be glad to show my support. Maybe show that there is also money that comes across the border as well when fans from Canada come to watch the games. I am pretty sure with Minnesota being pretty close to the border I am sure there is a large amount of fans that cross and spend money in the state as well. Some like me travel to far so I stay in the city for the weekend including ticket sales, food, hotels, and of course bars and shopping….

11. By NovaScotiaVike on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Been doing just that for 35 years, Lance. Me and thousands more.

12. By NovaScotiaVike on May 4, 2012 | Reply

On second thought, nails are no good for attaching a politician to a packer fan. We will need to use railroad spikes.

13. By sandiamond on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Get it done! vote yes
    don’t even want to think about Goodell coming to town again and the heck with AEG

14. By NovaScotiaVike on May 4, 2012 | Reply

* rusty ones.

15. By PurplHaze on May 4, 2012 | Reply

YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BE SUPPORTING THE INTERESTS OF THE PEOPLE THAT VOTED YOU INTO PUBLIC OFFICE, NOT YOUR OWN!!!

VOTE YES AND KEEP THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS IN MINNESOTA! GET THE D@MN STADIUM BILL PASSED!!!

16. By Miko1000 on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Here are the numbers of the 9 politcians who originaly voted no… it’s all I have…

1- Marion Greene DFL … 651-296-0171
    2- Frank Hornstein DFL … 651-296-9281
    3- Bev Scalze DFL … 651-296-7153
    4- Steve Simon DFL … 651-296-9889
    5- Ryan Winkler DFL … 651-296-7026
    6- Joyce Peppin R … 651-296-7806
    7- Rich Murray R … 651-296-8216 or 877-377-9441
    8- David H-a-n-c-o-c-k R … 651-296-4265 or 800-920-5867
    9- Duane Quam R … 651-296-9236 or 800-387-6453

Pass it on and do your thing!

17. By NovaScotiaVike on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Don’t forget to mention to them that Bosnia is REALLY low on tetanus vaccine !

18. By cheeksmarx on May 4, 2012 | Reply

which of those politicians have twitter? lets tweet these fools into submission

19. By tyguy on May 4, 2012 | Reply

ive been calling too iam a die hard viking fan and i live in wisconsin haha i need the vikings here so i can p1ss all these cheeseheads off

20. By PurplHaze on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Nova … You crack me up!!!

21. By ViperKO on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Get done! I been calling all day, but they aren’t answering I left a message to all of them! it’s NOW or NEVER!!!

22. By Spencer on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I’m eager to see our new look. Cook looked much improved last year before his suspension. I lOVE the Josh Robinson pick. Put Cook on the best CB with Robinson on the other side, Winfield in the slot, and Harrison Smith being a solid presence … I think we took a huge leap forward from last years horrible lineup.

Robinson has elite physical tools with exceptional speed, I think he and Cook are our future starting CBs.

23. By Snoose on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I live in Colorado but grew up in MN. I have stayed loyal to the Vikes even though I have been in Co for 30 years. They give a me a strong tie to my home state. I have emailed reps and signed the on-line petitions but I confess that I’m a lttle confused as to the politics of the isssue. My question is…. is this a partisan issue? If so which party is holding things up. TIA Snoose

24. By OTKalil2012 on May 4, 2012 | Reply

25. By vikesfan5.0 on May 4, 2012 | Reply

The four best things being a Minnesotan-
    1.Hunting
    2.Fishing
    3.THE VIKINGS!!!!!
    4.Twins

26. By Rogerthevikefan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Vote YES or face the anger of a Viking horde.

27. By vikesfan5.0 on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Vote YES or start looking for a new job!!!!

28. By Titus on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Finally– what took so long? In fact, just have the true fans gather and build the stadium with the Wilfs– pool the resources– and then have season tickets for life.

29. By Titus on May 4, 2012 | Reply

@Shawn– read your reply to my comment on how to approach the legislators. You are way off the mark on understanding what I am saying. Why do you believe in your short lifespan (which we all have compared to history or the 4.6 billion years the universe has been around) that you are always right and to impose your judgement on the intentions of those you oppose? The opposition is just as passionate as you on their stand– and they are not all evil with disgusting intentions. Once you begin to allow those you oppose a legitimate chance to express their desires and beliefs, you have crossed into truly being open-minded. Right now, you are very closed minded.

30. By Titus on May 4, 2012 | Reply

@ Shawn, I once was very much like you– then I realized all these people I thought were greedy were actually real human beings– and many that you oppose have intelligence (yes, believe it or not) and have a deep fabric of experience, knowledge, and revelation that forms their beliefs. Do not be so quick to judge and think you know what they stand for. It is easy to label the intentions of those you dislike– take the high road and realize you do not know everything.

31. By OTKalil2012 on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Walterfootball Vikings grade 2012..interesting read… : )

32. By OTKalil2012 on May 4, 2012 | Reply

This one right ??…

33. By OTKalil2012 on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Sorry ???…

Won’t let me post the page…Just the site ??

34. By Frederick Jones on May 4, 2012 | Reply

A short bio of your great Vikings Head Coach:

Frazier started his coaching career in 1988 as the first head coach at Trinity College in Illinois, now known as Trinity International University.

He held the position for nine seasons, built the NAIA program from the ground up and won a pair of Northern Illinois Intercollegiate Conference titles before he moved on to the University of Illinois in 1997 as the Illinois defensive back’s coach.

History has shown that if you can do it at a lower level, more often than not you can do it on a much higher level as well.

35. By Frederick Jones on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Mike Holmgren lost like his first 26 straight games as a high school JUNIOR VARSITY coach!

He went on to win a SB for the Packers, and had the Seahawks in another SB.

He was truly a great coach, yet look how he started!!!

Support Leslie Frazier.

Vikings 8-8, 12-4, Super Bowl Champions by 2015 or so.

36. By Spencer on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Leslie Frazier is not a great HC…

37. By Frederick Jones on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Yes he is, and here is why you HAD better believe it:

38. By Rogerthevikefan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

In Tony Dungy people should trust. He has faith in HC Fraizer and DC Williams. As do I.

39. By Miko1000 on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Guys, this is a blog abut the stadium… please focus!

40. By Rogerthevikefan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

P@ss the Bill and build the stadium or we the angry violent Viking horde will march. We will pillage and plunder. No prisoners will be keep.

41. By Rogerthevikefan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

The Norse gods will be pleased with the destruction we will bring.

42. By Spencer on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Frazier is marginal at best.

43. By Rogerthevikefan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Odin! Odin! Odin!

44. By Rogerthevikefan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Be they Republicans or Democrats if they vote against the stadium they are the enemy and they will fear are might.

45. By Rogerthevikefan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Ok no inciting riots.

46. By Rogerthevikefan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

These post are a joke but if they vote against the stadium they will not be re-elected.

47. By hognuts on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I think starting a riot is acceptable if the Vikings leave.

48. By Anthony on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Okay so if on Monday we get enough Yes votes like the amount we need does that mean the bill is passed and the Vikings are gonna get their new stadium built or is that just one hurdle passed and theirs still more votes and other things to happen before its official and the bill is passed?

49. By NevadaViking Fan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

The law makers in Minnesota are idiots if they don’t pass this stadium bill. I live in Nevada, always been a Vikings fan. But let me tell you it sucks not having a pro team in my home state. So if they don’t pass the stadium bill the legislatures will see what its like not to have a pro team. A lot of lost revenue.

50. By Lloyd Santee on May 4, 2012 | Reply

How did William S.put it,”Let us celebrate the death of kings…”Sorry folks, the writings on the wall. Who knows maybe they’ll return as the Raiders did. I will support them where ever they play, win or lose. Go Vikes!

51. By Bigfan1 on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I have never seen so much political bickering not even at the federal level. Minnesotans better be careful who they put in office, apparently some are not for Minnesota jobs and don’t realize the legacy they are toying with. In an entertainment world Minnesota has a chance be one of the venues for many events year round pulling in money for the local economy and state. Why do so many legislators have a problem with their piece of the pie, maybe they’re just on a power trip and really enjoy holding up this progress.

52. By YourSourceForSports on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Epic Vikings Review? You tell me in the comments of the video!

53. By rick on May 4, 2012 | Reply

goodbye vikes

54. By jman on May 4, 2012 | Reply

lets just get whatever they`re going to do out of the way. :-/

55. By Ted Brown 23 on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I’ve been E-mailing and phone messaging my state and district leaders like crazy!!Keep up the Fight Viking Fans!!!!

56. By Matt in Ottawa on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I have been a Vikings fan since the age of three and have lived in Canada’s Capital for all of my life. The politicians had BETTER approve the new stadium. The Vikings BELONG in the state of Minnesota!

57. By DRS on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Hartman: Wilfs have several ties to California

Article by: SID HARTMAN , Star Tribune Updated: May 3, 2012 – 10:59 PM

Had Glen Taylor gained control of the Vikings in 1998, the NFL team’s place here would be a lot more secure.

Looking back to Red McCombs’ purchase of the Vikings in 1998, had the group of 10 local stockholders who owned the team at the time kept their word and allowed Glen Taylor to match the price of any other buyer, the threat of the team moving would not be the concern it is today.

I’m sure this fact will be denied by some of those 10 former owners, but at the time, I know that Taylor was talking to friends about investing in the Vikings like they had done with him and the Timberwolves.

And Taylor, who at the time was upset by the actions of the Vikings board, doesn’t like to talk about what happened.

Now the Vikings are owned by the Wilfs, who have no real serious connections in this area and don’t have a personal stake in any Twin Cities businesses, but do have millions of dollars of real estate property in Southern California. And as residents of New Jersey, they don’t have to be concerned about the problems the Pohlad family would have faced had the Pohlads allowed for the Twins to move or disband.

As I reported earlier, removing Jacksonville as a candidate to move to Los Angeles has made the Vikings a real candidate to move.

And as I reported earlier, the Jaguars, who play at a stadium initially funded to house the Gator Bowl, one that was soon remodeled when the city of Jacksonville was granted an NFL expansion team, can’t move.

58. By DRS on May 4, 2012 | Reply

What’s up for stadium vote
    Updated: May 3, 2012 – 9:53 PM

• $1 billion roofed stadium at Metrodome site would be built with $427 million from Vikings, $150 million from Minneapolis, $398 million from state (via expansion of charitable gambling).

• Despite a call for a final vote next week, House Speaker Kurt Zellers said he won’t vote for the plan and he doubts there are enough votes for passage.

59. By DRS on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Jared Allen to make Mall of America cameo for Vikings’ stadium push
    Posted by: Dan Wiederer under Vikings, Jared Allen Updated: May 4, 2012 – 5:46 PM

Quick quiz.

Name the Vikings’ best (and arguably most charismatic) defensive player.

Name the current governor of Minnesota.

Name the state’s most popular tourist attraction.

If you answered Jared Allen, Mark Dayton and Mall of America to the above questions, you may have just earned yourself a Saturday afternoon field trip to see all three together.

As the Vikings try to rally support for a new stadium — the issue is in its critical stages and will likely face a defining moment Monday — the weekend will provide opportunities for supporters and detractors to state their cases loud and clear. As part of the Vikings’ efforts, Allen and Dayton plus Minneapolis mayor R.T. Rybak, senator Julie Rosen and state representative Terry Morrow will all appear in the Sears Courtyard at the Mall of America in an effort to thank fans for their support and, in the team’s words, “encourage increased activity heading into Monday’s House floor vote.”

Saturday’s event is scheduled for 12:30 p.m.

Monday’s vote on the House floor is likely to cause fireworks. House Speaker Kurt Zellers has said he won’t vote for the plan and also said he doubts it will collect enough votes to be passed. Hence the need for the Vikings and the rest of the pro-stadium crowd to get some momentum going.

The very fluid and often confusing political ping-pong involving the stadium issue continues.

60. By Tru Speed on May 4, 2012 | Reply

vikings are minnesota

61. By DRS on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Vikings Stadium Update: Gov. Mark Dayton Vetoes Tax Plan, Possibly Dooming Stadium Vote

May 04 10:53a by Chris White

Read More: Minnesota Vikings

A huge vote for another plan to get the Minnesota Vikings a new stadium is taking place on Monday, but Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton might have dealt it a blow when he struck down a GOP-crafted tax plan on Friday.

As reported by the Star Tribune, the bill was sent to Dayton on Thursday and had tax breaks for businesses but potential use of ‘rainy day’ money from the state, and Dayton struck it down quickly. Unfortunately for the Vikings, that probably won’t sit well with the legislators who essentially told Dayton that the Stadium bill would be looked at a lot more favorably only if their tax bill passed:

62. By Daveedo on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Attention Minnesota Legislators,

Please keep an open mind and read Matt Kaspers article in Bleacher report May 2nd.

He weighs the lost revenue from losing the Vikings vs. the cost of financing the new stadium.

Please be honest and don’t play politics with this one. I vote strickly republican but I will vote against any representative that kills the Vikings stadium.

63. By mad1 on May 4, 2012 | Reply

we need to meet were the vote is monday and show them how much this means to the fans all of us online in far states… now the time nomore waiting call send emails get a hold of these state legislators..We need to let them know this team is more to us than they do… And we will make them pay for this if it don’t go our way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

64. By Jeffbleedspurple on May 5, 2012 | Reply

Headed for Mall of America here shortly, takes an hour to get there. I don’t know what is going to happen with our football team, all I know is I hope Monday we all get an answer, one way or the other. If I could sue the state of Minnesota for all the mental stress of not knowing what will become of our beloved Vikings team, I would! Should the worst come out of our efforts and we have to watch our team pack their bags and leave, I hope to see all Viking fans stand together and show the state of Minnesota exactly what they just lost and shipped off a year in advance, and I am talking about an empty stadium for the 2012 season, then send them off with our love on the last home game of the season. What a God awful thought.

65. By Jeffbleedspurple on May 5, 2012 | Reply

HERE WE GO!!

66. By STEWY19 on May 5, 2012 | Reply

I’ll start off by saying I’ve been a vikings fan for my entire life and I’m active duty army, watching the vikings has always made me feel like I’m back home. during deployment I watched every game and it made my time go by faster. If the vikings leave it would be such a blow to those of us who bleed purple no matter where in the world we are. I pay my taxes and I rep Minnesota no matter where I am and always talk about the Vike’s. Build the stadium, keep the vikings in MN or you will have taken more from fans then you know!
    SKOL AP, CP7, rodeo Jared Allen and Co. SKOL VIKINGS!!!! Fan For Life!!!

67. By Dakota Transplant Vikings Fan!!! on May 5, 2012 | Reply

SKOL Vikings Fans – Rally for the Stadium!!!!! We need the team here not in LALA Land, Ca. Please call your represenatives and make yourself known….I did!

68. By rochviking on May 5, 2012 | Reply

isnt it about time the politicans pull their heads out of whatever hole they have stuffed it in and start doing the will of the people? for the last 10 years they have been promising the wilfs a stadium lie after lie .this is how our government operates they line their pockets at tax payer expence and expect the public to bend over and take it! here is a prediction the stadium bill will fail the wilfs will announce the move to LA and riots will erupt in downtown minneapolis.

69. By OLD SCHOOL on May 6, 2012 | Reply

“No” on the vote!

PERIOD!

70. By OLD SCHOOL on May 6, 2012 | Reply

Why……………………?

I love the Vikes as much as anyone, but I can not sit back and watch the rich get richer and the NFL fly into town to “Bully” the situation!

If the ownership can not find private money to fund this then it doesn’t get built on the backs of the taxpayers.

I don’t even live in the state, but I do live in one that funded a venue for the team and then watched as the ownership jacked the prices on tickets and beer and everything else in the following years and reaped the benefits!

COMPLETE JOKE!

We can love football and the our teams but lets get real here….it’s football!

Wasn’t it Minnesota that had their state Gov. shut down in recent years because it was broke?

AND NOW YOU WANT THE GOV. AND IT’S TAX PAYERS TO PAY FOR A BRAND NEW FOOTBALL VENUE……………NO WONDER THIS COUNTRY IS WHERE IT’S AT!!!!!

71. By Mike B. on May 6, 2012 | Reply

@Old School this is how sports venues are done. There are plenty of cities that will want an NFL franchise and will build a new venue to do it. You have the right to your opinion, but it will cost the state of MN the team. That’s the cold hard reality of the situation. The Vikings will leave done deal end of story. If that’s what you want the press your issue. Target Field was 2/3rds built on the taxpayers dime. Your opinion is going to cost your state a valuable sports team.

72. By Keeby777 on May 6, 2012 | Reply

VOTE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is such a no brainer. Thousands of construction jobs to hurting families. A people’s stadium for use of everyone and revenue that will come to Minneapolis and the state. And the most important of all. Keeping our Vikings here for another generation. My first son will be born in June and I hope to one day sit with him On Sundays and cheering our team. Kurt Zellers. Open up your eyes and change your tune or this term will be your last and when the Vikings leave your name and face will be attached to it in history books.

73. By OLD SCHOOL on May 6, 2012 | Reply

Thousands of construction jobs………………………..?!!

For how long? 2 years……and then back to the unemployment line……..and they won’t even be able to afford a ticket to get in the venue they helped build!!

That is reality! If another city wants them………….let them build the venue on “Their” tax payers backs!

Sometimes you need to make a stand for what is right………and sometimes it hurts………and if they were to leave….WELL, THEN YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT COMMUNITY REALLY MEANT TO THE OWNERSHIP!

They don’t care…………………………….WAKE UP……IT’S ALL ABOUT MONEY!

STOP TRYING TO CLOUD THE ISSUE WITH JOBS…..CARING………..COMMUNITY WORTH……

IT’S ABOUT MONEY……NOT THE FANS!!!!!!! LOOK AT THE TEAM AND THE MONEY THAT HASBEEN SPENT IN THE LAST TO OFF SEASONS TO BETTER THE TEAM………..3-13 MY FRIENDS…………5-11 THIS YEAR AT BEST!

74. By OLD SCHOOL on May 6, 2012 | Reply

MONET TALKS AND YOU KNOW…..( OR SHOULD KNOW ) WHAT WALKS!

PERIOD!

75. By Mike B. on May 6, 2012 | Reply

@Old School and that’s just what will happen the Vikings will walk. I for one spend money in Minneapolis when I go to Minneapolis and so does about 40 percent of those coming in for games. Many of them like I do get a hotel room and enjoy the MOA spend lots of cash and generating tax income to MN. You look at just that over 40yrs and you probably paid for the stadium. Those jobs yes 3 to 4 years max, but the income generated generates tax revenue in multiple ways. Increased revnue in the stadium as it has a higher capcity again increasing tax money to the state. You can’t directly measure the impact the Minneasota Vikings provide the state, but it is a lot. You also take out the charitiable contributions by the team and team members. I think you see the red of the stadium wiped out by the black in income and good work. Get this stadium done. This is a gold mine ready to be opened.

76. By Mike B. on May 6, 2012 | Reply

The fans know it’s about the money, but they want to keep the Vikings in MN and that’s how it should be. We aren’t blind, but money generates more money . Get behind the Stadium deal and get it done.

77. By Dakota Transplant Vikings Fan!!! on May 6, 2012 | Reply

Old Shool – dont be so blind…It is big money and that is what the NFL is all about! This is teamwork between the State, the Fans and the Vikings. We all make it work together and we all make money together. They need us and we need them.

The stadium will be used by everyone who attends an event and everyone who attends an NFL game. There is not that many games so the uses beyond the NFL games are unlimited. If we watch the Vikings walk out that door then say good bye to all the tax money of the players, all the money from the NFL games and all the tourist money. Also watch the potential of an NFL Super Bowl walk out the door!?

You want to talk about loss of money – Have it your way. Wake up the NFL is a good thing for the state of Minnesota.

78. By vikings4seven on May 6, 2012 | Reply

We will not get the votes needed. Vikings will be leaving Minnesota!

79. By redwingliger on May 6, 2012 | Reply

Hey Vikings fans, I just wanted to stop by and wish you good luck with the Vikings new stadium vote. I think you guys deserve a new stadium for goodness sakes (and I have to admit I won’t be missing that Metrodome place anytime soon). I will be praying that all goes well Monday when the legislators have their final say, and it it doesn’t get past (God forbid) that I hope you take down everyone’s name that voted against it, and run them out of office, if not town! I for one thing that the Vikings franchise is in pretty good hands, and with what Rick Spielman was able to pull off in the recent NFL draft, I think better days ahead in the immediate future for you Vikings fans. Lord help the Lions :-) (Sorry, I had to get that in) because I don’t think the Vikings are too far from being a team to reckon with once again. I know one thing, if the Vikings franchise moves to Los Angeles things just won’t be the same.

80. By jonesey on May 6, 2012 | Reply

good luck vikings fans. i cannot believe it has taken this long. i live in texas and have been a viking fan all of my life. i watched the laura miller here stand up to jerry jones and helped to make the cowboys build the stadium in arlington. the city of dallas has been regretting that ever since!!
    these people that say the money should go to more important things like people that need jobs??? really??
    who is going to build the stadium? theres jobs.
    who is going to work in the stadium? theres jobs.
    and for the love of zeus how in the he^^ are you going to replace the taxes from the 53 players plus coaches that make six or Seven figures? where?
    these people want a handout that will do nothing. it wont generate any more money.
    the stadium will generate huge tax income!! people fly and drive and stay in motels and buy food and buy jerseys. good grief. that is a colossal amount of money generated by investing a little more tax money and getting a stadium.
    and one more thing, there is ALWAYS not enough money to go around. there will always be a need for more money. our big governments are always running over budget.
    so do you want the vikings and be short on money or do you want to be short on money and have no team???
    so when the team moves to LA, everything, and i mean everything had better be paid for with no shortfalls and no complaining. these people are so short sighted to think this.

81. By Retractable Screen Doors on Oct 30, 2012 | Reply

I think other website proprietors should take this web site as an model, very clean and wonderful user genial style and design, as well as the content. You are an expert in this topic!