Greenway Shares A Locker With Patients At Amplatz

Posted by Mike Wobschall on March 23, 2012 – 10:58 am

Vikings LB Chad Greenway is one of the most community-conscious players on the team, and he was in fact named the Vikings 2011 Community Man of the Year for his outreach efforts. And now he’s off to a fast start in making an impact on the community in 2012.

On Thursday, Greenway will launch “Chad’s Locker” to the children at the University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital. The locker, which is an initiative of Chad’s Lead the Way Foundation, is provided to the children to help during their time at the hospital. The locker enriches the lives of chronically and critically ill children by providing them and their families with access to iPads, notebook computers, DVD players, and an Xbox game system and other electronic handheld games to pass the time during recovery and treatment.

Greenway will be joined by his wife, Jenni, on Thursday to launch the project. Chad and Jenni together have been leaders in community outreach efforts. They have volunteered their time with several local organizations, including Memorial Blood Centers, Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, Sanford Hospital, University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital, Fuel Up To Play 60, Taste of the NFL, United Way and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

The Greenways took their volunteerism to a new level when they established the Lead The Way Foundation (ChadGreenway.org) to enrich the lives of individuals and families who are in need medically or financially. For the past 5 years on Father’s Day, Chad and Jenni have partnered with the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board for the Greenway’s Gridiron Gallop 5K race, benefiting Minneapolis youth sports programming.

Tags:

60 Responses to “Greenway Shares A Locker With Patients At Amplatz”

1. By RichardA1 on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Awesome, great player, the Vikes should have him in the draft room when they make there picks.

2. By Derrick.G on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Well….Greengay just signed Jeff Saturday.

3. By wacky on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

who cares!!!

4. By Roninmn.. on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Mike Wobschall, what’s the skinny on Geoff Schwartz. Do you have any info on him?

5. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

So what? I do more then that clown…

6. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

I was taught to be quiet about your charity– to not let the left hand know what the right is doing.

7. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Wow I got a monkier. I never said that up above by the way.

8. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Well guess now you guys know I dont impersonating anyone because someone is doing it to me too lol

9. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Get off my name please.

10. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

OK! Just as soon as you stop being an A-S-S Hole…

11. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

I haven’t been an ass yet but you’re turning me into one right now if you dont get the fk off my name.

12. By Spencer on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Its been what…2 days since we signed Geoff Schwartz and there is no blog about that? Wobschall, what gives?

13. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

So its you Spencer. What the heck are you doing!

14. By Spencer on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Its not me. Ive already told you that in my eyes your irrelevant.

Anyways Ive been on a couple Bucs websites and theyre all not buying into us drafting Claiborne. So I guess Spielmen isnt fooling anybody.

15. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

It is you because you have a bad habit of typing ( … ) you always typed ( … ) at the end of the sentence. Now we all know who you are, you impersonating everybody. Are you bored? Don’t you have a life? Stop trolling people and get the fk out of here.

16. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

I like to sme11 my own $hit

17. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

ATTENTION- WATCH OUT FOR SPENCER HE IMPERSONATING EVERYBODY WHEN NOBODY PAYS ATTENTION TO HIM. HE WILL TROLL ON SOMEONE ELSES NAME AND THEN COME BACK IN HIS NAME TO DENY IT. HE IS BUSTED.

18. By Spencer on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

You can go f#ck yourself now

19. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

You are a sad low life, Spencer. I will spread the words about you and make a noise about who you are and what you do for a living.

20. By Spencer on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Interesting. The Ravens have just signed Corey Graham, former Bears Cb, to their team about 5hrs ago. So that pretty much means Chris Carr wont be back for the Ravens.

Any word on how Carrs meeting went with us? I cant find anything.

21. By Spencer on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Last night with your wife, I promise…

22. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

I knew it was you all along, Spencer.

23. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

W…T…F

24. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Nobody cares about you anymore, Spencer. You are identified as a impersonat0r and a troller. Why do we care about what your opinions are?

25. By DeerTracks on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

OK. Guys, let us stop the battle of who is going to do what to whom..

Let us stop now and get back to yelling about why we know more then the next person…

26. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

It is suspicious that after Larson called out the troll, that Spencer suddenly shows.

27. By DeerTracks on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

I like to sme11 my own $hit

28. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Man this is high school.

29. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Hi Titus.

Sorry if I have to cut this short I am not gonna stay up all day agruing with Spencer while he is impersonating everybbody on here. It is so high school and Spencer is about the same age as a high school students. He said hes what 19? He hasn’t grow up yet.

30. By Spencer on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Titus- What do I have to gain by trolling? It solves nothing.

31. By Spencer on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Lets just get back to talking football.

@Mike Wobschall- you should do another mock draft, I enjoyed the one you did last year at around this time. Plus it generated lots of discussion.

32. By Parody on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Anybody remember Wacky, or Aaron Rodgers bloggers? I’d be willing to bet it’s one of them…or some other Packer troll.

I don’t understand why we need to be blaming eachother for all this when it is clear that the Packer fans are the much more likely candidates. It doesn’t matter how good or bad their team is playing, they can’t get any joy from their own website so they need to visit ours to make trouble. It’s like cow tipping, they just can’t think of anything more entertaining to do.

33. By Parody on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

BTW, LarsonFamily, I don’t think that Spencer has a habit of using the elipses. I know that I do, so I’m calling myself out for this, but I am not the one trolling people’s names either. We have no way of knowing who the trolls really are, but calling out the regulars is just making them happier.

34. By Spencer on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Couldnt have said it any better Parody.

And right now there is still no word on Chris Carr, so im assuming we are in contract talks with him as we speak. Also, even though Carr will be an upgrade, I still have my doubts about him being our #2 CB.

35. By Parody on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Same here Spencer. I read that he’s a good option as a Nickel CB, but haven’t heard anything about him having the skills to be a #2 CB. He’s a bit older too, so I’d prefer it if we didn’t sign Carr.

36. By Parody on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Winfield, Sherels, Burton and Allen should be able to fill in for the Nickel and Dime spots just fine. Bringing in another CB with similar skills isn’t going to solve anything. We need someone who can match up against top-notch receivers.

37. By Spencer on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Erin Henderson has just re-signed with the Vikings !!

Perfect.

38. By Lance on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

lol no blog on schwartz because we would finally have something deceant to say! but hillard and that other 2nd stringer DT is so much more interesting :P

though since he isnt added on here on our roster either yet? maybe the deal wasnt final like it says on nfl.com?

39. By Parody on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Details of the contract Spencer?

Is he complaining about it on Twitter yet?

40. By Parody on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

NM, I just found an article about it:

one-year contract worth $2 million .”
    They’re calling it a “prove it” year contract.

41. By Lance on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

ok but what of his brother? has he gone somewhere else? or we even bothering to try?

42. By Parody on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Sullivan is added to the list of Vikings players speaking out about the Saints suspensions:

43. By Spencer on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

44. By dakotakid59 on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

You can always tell a midwestern raised boy. Always willing to go out of their way to help people.

45. By Parody on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Lance, EJ is still on the market. I’d guess that we are lowballing him right now. Since Erin signed, I have more faith that EJ will too, but probably not for any longer of a contract, so we’re likely to be back in this same predicament again next year.

Hopefully we’ll have some young guys from the draft working to earn the starting spots when that time comes around.

46. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Regarding Spencer, I said it was suspicious, but that is not proof. Anyway, it is best we just ignore any wacky posts– all they want is attention and if they don’t get it, eventually they will cry and go home.

47. By Lance on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Parody, welll I am hoping EJ signs. He might not be the best LB but he does his job. Plus, maybe if we do sign or draft a young LB he can sit behind EJ for year and see if he can be a starter in 13. So in a sense, the one year contracts for both is smart. Gives us less voids to fill this year and hopefully ready up some young talent like you mentioned.

48. By LarsonFamily on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Titus you should talk aa$$hole…

49. By Lance on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Parody, nobody wants to listen to your dinareena

50. By DeerTracks on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

If it makes anybody happy, someone hit me also…I don’t talk shllt!

51. By DeerTracks on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, Thanks for the tip on Erin, didn’t know that. That is a good start for the2012 season!

52. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

Wow, recess is very long today. Time to go back inside and eat your pudding cup.
    BTW- Larson, I know that isn’t you.

53. By Lance on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

just so you know parody. I didn’t write that. I only say bad things about vikings staff when they make lame signings…. never do i say anything bad about my fellow bloggers

54. By topjerseyssite on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

thanks,Buy jerseys at http://www.topjerseyssite.net in wholesale price

55. By Rogerthevikefan on Mar 24, 2012 | Reply

D. Aromashodu also signed a 1 year deal with the Vikings. So no complete over haul of the receiving core. Hopefully next year it will be complete and Harvin will be the leader.

56. By Rogerthevikefan on Mar 24, 2012 | Reply

Wrs the Vikings should look into Alshon Jeffery, A.J. Jenkins, Marvin Jones, Marvin McNutt, Ryan Bryoles, Dale Moss, and of course Stephen Hill. Most of them are mid round guys minus Hill and Jeffery.

57. By Frederick Jones on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

“The Voice of the Fan” has suggested we select Blackmon in the first round, and
    a Tackle in the second round named Potter.

That may be okay if they can play. What else are we going to do this year?
    Obtaining Schwartz may have been a good move.

Keep in mind that we only have ONE (1) average offensive lineman now, and perhaps only one or two “average” defensive backs (Sherels and Burton).

We have to grow in these areas. SPIELMAN should not give in to the
    conspiracy that it’s only the QBs, WRs, RBs, DTs, that matter.

58. By TheWall on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Potter doesn’t run block very well. If the pass on Kalil they will likely pick Datko. Ponder’s old blindside protecter in the 3rd or 4th round. I would take Floyd over Blackmon.

59. By jman on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

it is this simple, take Kalil and start working on that offensive line. Ponder has one year to show he is the franchise QB….Like Rogers, he will need that one full year to see if he is the future. You can’t do that with no line. Put Webb at the WR position…despite what they say….and draft a Killer MLB at the second round. Vonteze Burfict….he is an animal and needs to our MLB.

60. By sunnyazvike on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Vonteze Burfict, seems to be pretty slow and dumb on the field. Im not sure if he is second round talent anymore. He does play with a lot of passion though, i like that.