Tuesday’s Hot Topic: Tim Tebow’s Next Team

Posted by Mike Wobschall on March 20, 2012 – 8:00 am

It was only 12 days ago that QB Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts parted ways, but it felt like 12 weeks with all the coverage of Manning’s search for a new team. On Monday, Manning made a decision, and that decision was to play for the Denver Broncos.

Once the Manning-to-the-Broncos news emerged, questions were immediately raised about what that meant for Tim Tebow’s NFL future. Tebow, of course, infused life into a listless franchise and took a team that began the season 1-4 all the way to the playoffs, even winning a Wild Card round game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Following the news of Manning’s desire to join the Broncos, a report quickly surfaced that Denver would try to trade Tebow rather than keeping him on the roster behind Manning. So that begs the question: Where will Tebow play in 2012?

Let’s start it off by looking at the Vikings. I’d be interested in the Vikings considering adding Tebow because, in my opinion, he is a winner and will make any team he joins better. Let me state my case…
— If he came to Minnesota, it wouldn’t be so the Vikings could hand him the keys to the offense. Christian Ponder is the future at QB in Minnesota.
— I believe Vikings Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave and his staff could find a way to utilize Tebow’s skill set.
— If nothing else, Tebow is a good runner who averages 5.4 yards per carry for his career. We know how much Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier values a sound running game, plus superstar RB Adrian Peterson is coming back from a serious knee injury.
— One potential hurdle is the presence of Joe Webb on the roster. We all know about Webb’s athletic ability and most of us share an interest in trying to find a way for Webb to contribute. Perhaps adding Tebow to the fold with Webb already in the mix would only complicate matters in Minnesota?
— I’m not sure if adding Tebow would yield positive results, but that’s for Vikings coaches and scouts to decide. They know much more about it than me. But for the time being, I’m interested in adding Tebow.
— My interest in adding Tebow says nothing about the players already on this roster and everything about the admiration and respect I have for Tebow and his football ability.

I’m certainly not anticipating the Vikings getting into the mix for Tebow. I’m only raising the possibility in this forum to generate discussion among the fan base. So aside from debating whether or not the Vikings should acquire Tebow, I’ll list a few other teams that I believe should consider acquiring Tebow. Let us know what you think by leaving your thoughts in the comment section below this entry…

Jacksonville Jaguars and Miami Dolphins – These two franchises are at the front of the line in terms of teams that should acquire Tebow. He is from Florida, played college football at the University of Florida and he would immediately improve both teams. He’d also create a buzz in both towns that would help sell tickets and hope for fan bases who must certainly be pessimistic after many seasons of watching a losing product.

New England Patriots – If he doesn’t end up with the Vikings, my next choice would be New England. Just as is the case in Minnesota, Tebow would not be handed the keys to the offense in New England. He’d be used as a utility player, for lack of a better term, and I’d love to see how Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick could use Tebow’s talents.

New Orleans Saints – I don’t want to see this happen because the Saints play in the NFC with the Vikings. But Saints Head Coach Sean Payton is one of the most creative offensive minds in the NFL, and it’d be interesting to see what kind of production he could get from Tebow in that offense.

Philadelphia Eagles – I  there anyone better at getting production out of QBs than Andy Reid? Look what he’s done in resurrecting Michael Vick’s career. Look how he made Kevin Kolb look like a potential franchise QB. Just as I think Musgrave and Co. could find ways to use him here, I know Reid and his staff could utilize Tebow’s skills appropriately.

San Francisco 49ers – They lost out on the Manning sweepstakes, so why not take a stab at Tebow as a consolation prize? Alex Smith did a nice job last season, but he’s still an unrestricted free agent and we don’t know where he’ll end up. Even if Smith returns to San Francisco, there’s still room for Tebow. Jim Harbaugh is a good football coach, so I think he could figure out how to use a good football player.

Others who should consider Tebow: Buffalo, Cleveland, Green Bay and St. Louis

Tags: , , ,

211 Responses to “Tuesday’s Hot Topic: Tim Tebow’s Next Team”

1. By TBurb on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

NOT HERE!!!!

2. By NocSimian on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Imagine the new blazer package.

Harvin and Tebow split in the backfield with Ponder under center (who can run as well)

Rudolph on one side and Peterson lined up in the slot motioned to the other side. Who are the LB going to cover?

3. By Carl K on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Tebow need to go to a team with a great running back and a run first style of attack.

The Vikings fit that style.
    Would the Vikings have drafted Tebow late in the first or second round in 2010 draft? Maybe.

A reunion of Tebow and Harvin would certainly energize a lifeless 3-13 team, and a state divided by a stadium bill.

Would Miami offer pick #8 for Ponder?

Wobby, Not so fast on Tebow not being in the mix for the Vikings.

4. By NovaScotiaVike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

While we’re at it, let’s get the Pope. I heard that he has a more accurate arm.

5. By Chris on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I would love to see Tebow in a Vikings uniform. Everyone hates on the guy so much for not being your regular NFL QB. I could really care less if he’s a regular QB… he is a freak athlete, works extremely hard every day to get better and do the best he can for whatever team he plays for, and he’s a PROVEN winner.

That being said I also think the guy deserves to go to a team that actually wants him there. Unfortunately, so many people only see the current “negative” parts about Tebow that he will continue to work on and I think will eventually turn out to be a strong QB in this league.. I don’t think people here in MN would handle that well. Most fans don’t appreciate or trust him and I’m not sure about how management would feel.
    Jacksonville or Miami would probably be the best since he would have a strong backing from fans and hopefully management right off the bat and they don’t really have much to lose in trying him out.
    I don’t even want to think about the option of him going to the Saints. Being a Tebow fan, it would be extremely difficult to cheer for the Saints even if Tebow was a member of their team… I don’t think I could do that.

6. By Mike B. on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

We already have a Tim Tebow like player on this team. Joe Webb is that type of QB. He has the ability to make plays with his feet. Adding Tebow into the mix would just murky the QB situation in MN. There are already fans calling for Webb to start over Ponder. I see this option QB as more of a fad, than an evolution of the game. You need to have a good passing skill set and Ponder gives us that. He is good enough with his feet to make big plays. We don’t need Tebow on the Vikings.

7. By Mike B. on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

John Elway is pretty good judge of what makes a successful QB, so going after Manning is a statement on Tebow. Tebow is a flash in the pan. He is a likeable guy, but how do you use his skill set. I think he has a place as a Wildcat type player. We already have two of those on this team. Unless Tebow learns increase is passing game, I don’t think he progresses as a starting QB. He’s talented yes, but how do you use him. I think every Vikings fan knows exactily how this is.

8. By NovaScotiaVike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Heard that the Cardinals are interested. They are offering 2 bishops, 4 nuns and a case of holy water.

9. By Mike B. on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

@61Viking That same logic about Claiborne could apply to Blackmon. How do you know what is going on in Spielman’s mind or what his line is for the draft. We haven’t gotten our field stretching WR either. He is just as likely to select Blackmon using your logic. Spielman has a plan, but who knows if it is going to work. We will find out coming game time. I don’t have any warm fuzzies that the Spielman Fraizer combo will field a competitive team in 2012.
    This does a dis-service to the fans, city of minneapolis, the state of MN, and our opponents.

10. By Roninmn.. on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Vikings, say no Tebow. Not here, not now, not ever.

11. By Jason on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Imagine Ponder in shotgun formation, flanked by Tebow and Webb. Who’s going to get the snap? Run? Pass? Option?

Fun to think about, but with all the holes it’s more of a luxury than a need.

12. By vikings4life on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

YES speilmen has just said the vest thing ever for the MN VIKINGS, ill be the first to say i was not a spielman fan until this moment. http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_20208169/bob-sansevere-rick-spielman-appears-like-mo-claborne

13. By vikings4life on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

this is from the article “Last time I ran into Vikings general manager Rick Spielman, he quizzed me. He asked if I knew the starting left tackles for the Green Bay Packers and New York Giants. I shrugged. He wanted to make the point that a left tackle doesn’t have to be an all-pro or even well known for a team to be successful.”

14. By VikingFan95 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

MIKE THATS PROABALY THE DUMBEST THING IVE EVER HEARD. WE ALREADY HAVE A ATHLETIC QB IN JOE WEBB WHATS THE POINT IN GETTING TEBOW???? TO GIVE UP DRAFT PICKS??? YOUR AN IDIOT I HOPE THE VIKINGS DONT REALLY GET ADVISE FROM YOU. AND TELL ME WHY THE VIKINGS ARE TRYING TO SIGN 2 FB’S ? THAT POSITION IS PRACTICALLY DEAD IN THE NFL. THIS FRANCHISE IS GOING BACKWARDS.

15. By VikingFan95 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

@vikings4life WHY WOULD THE GM TELL U WHO HE IS GONNA DRAFT A MONTH BEFORE?! HE IS BLUFFING. HE WANTS THE BROWNS TO TRADE US BECAUSE THEY LIKE CLAIBORNE. THATS WHY HE IS SAYING THIS NONESENSE

16. By 61Vikings on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

@Mike B.
    Here ya go Mike B.

17. By vikings4life on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Kalil wouldnt make this team better in 2011 like Morris Claiborne or Justin Blackmon If you are willing to take an OT at #3 AN OT I think people fall in love with what NFL and ESPN say but go back and watch the 5 last teams to take OT Dolphins,Redskins,Rams, Browns, Cardinals that is scary. IF IF IF you can trade then obviously amount picks, but if you are stuck at #3 and we take an OT! Ill be so sad so sad.WHY WOULD YOU NOT TAKE CLAIBORNE OR A BLACKMON It is so obvious we need corner and WR help much much more then we do a LT. Does everyone out there actually believe we lost because of our LT?!?!?! We blew 20 point leads we got outscored by 20, FIRST YOU BUILD A DEFENSE SO THAT YOU CAN KEEP GAMES CLOSE. WE COULD HAVE THE BEST CORNER, HE HAS WON TWO JIM THORPE AWARDS BUT YEA LESTS TAKE A LT HE’LL PLAY DEFENSE TOO. People think that we only have 1 pick in this draft or soemthing why couldnt we get an OT second round and a WR third.

18. By Mike B. on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

The LT position is an important need of this team and if Spielman is stating that is it is unimportant, someone send the tapes of last year to him. Some would say McKinney was not a great LT, but in fact he was. Could he be lazy yes, but on average he didn’t allow defenders to the QB. One could argue about 2010. Looking at his performance with the Ravens in 2011 he was back to business even at his increased wieght. He was effective. Wonder what a good coach could do with him if he was on the Vikings last year. Warning last year was not about the players it was about coaching and the front office.

19. By RichardA1 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

What about Joe Webb? is has been said to be the best athlete, talented on the team by the players, how can we let someone with all this talent sit around on the bench? this defeats the “pick the player with the most talent theory” on draft day, we have a player with the most talent, athleticism of any of the players and he sits on a bench, not a full time player.

20. By New Vike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

First of all TeBlow can stay far far away from my Vikings. Webb>TeBlow all day every day. Second of all, if that is Speilman’s true beliefs than he is a bigger idiot than i thought. Kalil is the pick at 3 unless there someone like Miami offers a trade that they cannot turn down. Anybody else picked at number 3 would be a mistake! You are protecting your investment in your QB with Kalil. With Claiborne, you are sticking a CB on a secondary that will suck this year reguardless of weather or not he is there. Does he think he can win with Charlie the Tuna or Swhwartz at LT? Please!

21. By New Vike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Kalil will aide in solidifying the entire O line as well as opening holes in the running game and protecting Ponder. If you want to win in the NFL you build your teams from the inside out.

22. By 61Vikings on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

@VikingFan95
    Nice job!!! We already have a Tim Tebow here in Minny in Joe Webb!! I like the 3 guys we have here at QB!! We don’t need another QB this year but if we have another year like the last one, then I would hope to draft Matt Barkley in next years draft!!

23. By Mike B. on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

@Vikings4Life Look at the Ravens they used a number one pick for the Blind side guy. They are doing well. You have to protect your QB in this league or you will not win games. The Vikings backfield has been questionable for several years, but the team has been competitive. With a good OL I think that McNabb would have had a lot more success last year. He would have had more time to p@ss and less of those p@sses would have been at the recievers feet. The OL definately effects how the QB plays. Football is all about the QB and he is the leader of the team. You need to protect him.

24. By vikings4life on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

@Vikingsfan95 This is like the 5th time that Spielman has alluded to wanting a defensive player you usually switch off if you go back and look at Spielmans drafting record he gets switches off offensive, defensive, ect. plus if yo go back last year he kept hinting about how good ponder was and how they liked him and so on. Plus he already reached for a player last year and im sure this year he woudlnt mind reaching for a standout corner.

25. By KoN on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

No. I think is all that needs to be said about Tebow, just no.

26. By VikingFan95 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

@viking4life then please tell me whos i gonna play LT for us in 2012. Charlie Johnson? If so then Ponder is gonna get wrecked on the field. our line is so bad. if we arnt gonna get Kalil I would rather get Blackmon instead of Claiborne. But a franchise LT is a NEED for us. we just let go of Hutch and that was really our only pro bowler

27. By vikings4life on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

@NewVike haha wow im sorry but you need to go and look up how manny OT’s the Packers, Steelers, 49’s, and Patriots have drafted top 5 to “build” their superbowl teams. Cause none of them have and the ones that have look like this Redskins, dolphins, browns, cardinals, Rams

28. By vikes12 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Webb is to good to be a backup. We should trade him to fill one of the holes.

29. By vikes12 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Webb is too good to be a backup. We should trade him to fill one of the holes.

30. By vikings4life on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I would take a 2nd round basically first rounder casue honestly can you tell me the difference between the player that the giants get to pick first round and us its only 3 teams so there will still be quality players there, i would say a LT like the man out of Standford Jonathan Martin or Ohio states Mike Adams and he would be better then Charlie Johnson.

31. By vikings4life on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

If you ever hear bill bellichick talk about the draft, which he is considered a genius in more so then game planning. He always always always talks about how you get the best value in the second and third round of the drafts to build a football team. Its not like there are only 32 good players in this next draft. You dont need an all-pro line, especially when you have AP and Toby. But an All pro secondary in our division, that my friend is what a Must truly is.

32. By Meekay on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Tebow would add nothing to the team. It’s as simple as that.

33. By 61Vikings on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

You can’t go wrong with any of the 3 players the Vikes will have a chance to draft in, Kalil,Claiborne or Blackmon, but if your looking for a playmaker, then Claiborne or Blackmon has o be your guy!! If your looking at solidifying the LT position for a decade, then the obvious answer is Kalil!!! My guess would be, GM Spielman will take Claiborne over Kalil!!

34. By Chris on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I literally LOL’d @Newvike. by Newvike do you mean new football fan without knowledge.
    With the current players we have Tebow’s probably not the best fit. But there’s NO way Webb is better than Tebow. I’m not saying Webb’s not any good but Tebow’s strengths overpower all of Webb’s abilities.

I’m partial to winning. Which is what Tebow has done his entire life. It’s who he is. Should he be a Viking. I’d love it but most people wouldn’t. But like I said… I’m partial to winning and being a Tebow fan since he played @ Florida I’ve gotten used to what winning is like. People don’t like that… but it’s a fact. He’s a winner. Always has been and he’ll always work his hardest to continue to be.

35. By vikings4life on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

webb is no doubt better then tebow and PONDER! thats what the true statement we all have forgotten about! Joe is a 6th round GEM and he is a true winner and has football instincts he is that much better athlete then every other NFL PLAYER! that is what people cant grasp he makes it look like highschool football out there cause he is that Fast.

36. By New Vike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

@vikings4life – How many CB’s have those same teams picked in the top 5? The number is the exact same. Woodson was not selected by GB, he did not help his original team win a superbowl.

37. By vikings4life on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Players believe in him cause you can tell he expects to win Every game. Ponder was so scared last year it was sad. We blew a pick on him, he can turn out to be great but he should of never been a viking and maybe this year we would have made the move to get RG3 or Andrew. Can anyone really say we would have gone 3-13 or worse with McNabb. I dont think so and if he had then we would get RG3 this year or Luck which is in such a better position then Ponder.

38. By New Vike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

@Chris – Webb has never gotten the oppurtunity that Tebow has gotten, nor has he been lucky enough to have an offense catered around him. I would like to see Joe Webb in the offense Denver ran last year. He is a better athlete and much more explosive with a quicker release and a better deep ball.

39. By GrinninWeasel on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

If and I mean If, Tebow comes to the Vikings, I will no longer be a Vikes fan. That would be the icing on the cake for me! I’ve debated rooting for another team but have stayed through it all.
    If its going to be Ponder then let it be. Worry about the other positions!

40. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Tebow?????????

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

41. By GrinninWeasel on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I also need to put in some props for Joe Webb. We don’t need Tebow!

42. By OTKalil2012 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

The Vikings might have an edge in offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, the former Panthers offensive coordinator from 2007-10. The Panthers drafted Schwartz in the seventh round of the 2008 draft. The connection could help the Vikings seal the deal once Schwartz finalizes his San Fran trip.

The 25-year-old lineman has made clear he’ll take all of his visits before deciding on a team.

“FYI, taking all my visits doesn’t mean one team is ahead,” Schwartz tweeted. “Just doing my due diligence.”

The Vikings would likely plug Schwartz into a guard spot. Capable of playing tackle, too

43. By DeerTracks on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Diging Holes has Rules…

When the Vikings are in it, and the hole is deep enough, STOP DIGING!!

Spielman and Frazier…Train/play the good QB’s you already have..!

Play Webb one game, Ponder the next, keep it up until who ever is better will be the stater!

My money is on Webb!! As for T-Bone, Forget it!!

44. By Spielman on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

who cares about Teblow ??? We have Joe Webb

45. By OTKalil2012 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Vikings in search of best available player at No. 3 overall

20 March //
    Posted in Vikings

I wasn’t around these parts during the 2007 draft, but I’ve heard the story a few times.

The Vikings entered that year’s draft with running back Chester Taylor locked into a long-term contract the year before. If the Vikings were basing their draft decision on filling a position, they wouldn’t have chosen Adrian Peterson seventh overall. They went with the best player available: Find the talent, make it fit later.

Peterson was, and still is, an undeniable talent. And yes, Peterson fell to them at seven. But they still could have gone another direction in an effort to fill a positional need.

That example is worth noting as the Vikings look to find a franchise cornerstone with the third overall pick in April’s draft.

I thought ESPN NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert made a good point today, that there is no step-by-step manual for building a championship team. Traditional NFL wisdom says good left tackles are paramount to on-field success, though general manager Rick Spielman has publicly downplayed the importance of needing an perennial Pro Bowler at the position. Good quarterbacks can mask left tackle deficiencies, he says.

This could be draft rhetoric on Spielman’s part — perhaps he’s been planning to take USC left tackle Matt Kalil all along — but I wouldn’t put it past the Vikings to take Oklahoma State wide receiver Justin Blackmon or LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne if they have unbelievable private workouts with the team.

My guess is Kalil is the choice, but the Vikings have been known to make things interesting.

46. By Spielman on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Webb is faster running

Webb is more accurate pa’ssing

Webb will play WR

Webb will be a KR

Webb

Webb

Webb

47. By New Vike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Maybe the Dolphin’s signed Gerrard to a one year deal because they plan to start him this year and put together a package to offer Minnesota for the number 3 pick so they can take Ryan Tannehill. If the price is right for the Vikes that would be a good move. Takes the pressure off as far as Kalil vs Blackmon vs Claiborne. It allows you to stockpile more picks and allow you to go best player available at pick 8 hoping one of the 3 will fall into your lap.

48. By Spielman on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I could support CB Morris Claiborne or LT Kalil with the 3rd pick. I could not support Blackmon. Prime Time the original CB won 2 Super Bowls.

In our division defense and DBs are necessary … I dont think you can go wrong either way.

However if we draft Claiborne who is going to play LT? Charlie Johnson? That would mean another sputtering offense. You know Loadholt will have breakdowns but when both tackles have the same amount of breakdows … dumb fans blame the coach.

49. By Spielman on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

The dumb choose Blackmon

The smart choose Claiborne

The smartest choose Kalil

50. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I hate when I dont change monikers

51. By Rudso on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I’m getting a little confused about what Spielman thinks of the LT position. So far I’ve already seen several reports where Spielman doesn’t see LT as such an important position.

He does make a good point by stating that the teams who recently won Super Bowls don’t necessarily have big name LTs, BUT what they do have is veteran QBs who know what their doing and not a 2nd year QB who’s still on the learning curve.

I really like Mo Claiborne and it’s fun to think of Claiborne on one side, Cook on the other and Winfield in the slot, BUT I hope Spielman is just playing draft “poker” to widen his options come draft day. At the end of the day, I hope Kalil is as automatic for the Vikings as the first 2 picks of the draft.

52. By vikingsfan1955 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

It would be nice to have the talent and attitude that tebow brings because he showed his fortitude at Florida and Denver. At florida he said after a loss he would take the team on his shoulders and they wouldn’t loss another game which was a bold statement but he did just as he said,then at denver he won’t games against quality opponents and won against the steelers in the playoffs.I think yes he would be a great addition and the only way he could be added is if they dump sage.I don’t see tebow as a viking but it would be a more dangerous team with him in purple.

53. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Wait…….Shawn you were Spielmen??????

54. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

yea

55. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Spielman is Shawn?

56. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

here’s something more interesting than tbow … ted ginn jr

57. By animal26 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Well, since this year probably isn’t going to be that great for the Vikings; I say why not? We could really use some Tebow Magic. :D

58. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Hmm i thought Ginn was older than 26. 5 years in the league

59. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Bring in TEBOW!!!

60. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME!
    TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME!
    TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME!
    TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME!
    TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME!
    TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME!

61. By Mike B. on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Yawn Titus let’s not do that.

62. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Imagine … we didnt make this free agency winners OR losers list. Fans somewhere got less than John Carlson, Lex Hilliard, and a PG

63. By Carl K on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Tebow was 10 of 15 for 202 yrds and 2 TDs in a come from behind win over the Vikings on Dec 4th.

Tebow has already proven that he can sell tickets… and turn a bad team into a playoff team.

64. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

LOL Carl K … everyone looks good vs our seconday.

65. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

IT’S TIME FOR TEBOW!!! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME!TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME!TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME!TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME!TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME!TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME! TEBOW TIME!

66. By CaribooBill on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

A different perspective:

I think Denver would be crazy to get rid of Tebow! Manning is one big hit away from another surgery. I don’t think Denver will get much in a trade for Tebow, certainly not a good backup QB. I have also thought for a while that Tebow, with his very apparent work ethic, will do everything he can to get better at every skill he needs as a QB. I think Denver should keep him until they are absolutely sure he will not develop into a top rated QB.

67. By New Vike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I would support a move to get Teddy Ginn. Not for alot of money but he is a valuable asset to special teams and can spell Percy from return duties. Seems like Spielman is more interested in bolstering special teams with the signings he is making and is linked to. Any word on if the Vikes signed Felton yet? Or maybe a power forward to catch lobs from the PG.

68. By Carl K on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I forgot Shawn – your right! LOL
    But I have just reached the edge (i am ready to jump)… seeing Tebow in purple wouldn’t really be any worse than what I saw out of this team the last 2 years.

WE NEED A CHANGE! I am ready to jump on the Tebow win machine.
    I hate watching un-inspired football.

I want to know what Percy Harvin thinks about Tebow?

69. By VegasVike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

How about we trade Fraiser and his gang to I dunno, Jacksonville for their punter? And hire Brian Billick to form a real coaching staff.

70. By Derrick.G on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Tebow would only average in the CFL.

71. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I agree with CariBOO ( why do you spell it that way?- just curious)– in fact, I think Denver may regret it by mid season if they part with Tebow.

72. By VegasVike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

One thing everyone is forgetting about is PM’s durability… He could be one Saint’s bounty hit away from retirement. Oh wait, I guess the saints ain’t been charged yet so I shouldn’t assume. PM ain’t no Brett Favre!!

73. By VegasVike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

PM is 35 years old, plus a five year contract = 40… Maybe he IS Brett Favre!!

74. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Vegas– I am not sure anyone has forgotten that. I know I have not– I just hope nothing bad happens.

75. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

WOW– Broncos play some tough games:
    HOME AWAY
    Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City Chiefs
    Oakland Raiders Oakland Raiders
    San Diego Chargers San Diego Chargers
    Cleveland Browns Baltimore Ravens
    Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnatti Bengals
    New Orleans Saints Atlanta Falcons
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers Carolina Panthers
    Houston Texans New England Patriots

76. By jayvee on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

As NE figured out tebow’s tendencies in that playoff rout, so will rest of the league next season.. no thank you on Tebow to the vikes

77. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Sorry, that did not copy well– but you get the picture.

78. By Mike B. on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Good article in the daily norsemen about not getting Tebow. @Carl K we lose because we have bad GM and bad coaching. Too many poor choices last year and still making poor choices this year.

79. By VegasVike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

@Titus-yes I’m not wishing/hoping an injury to Peyton. My point was Tebow is not costing the Broncos much and with PM’s durability in question, why not let TT hold the clipboard and be the successor?

80. By TheRealDon™ on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

REALLY WOBBS REALLY…I’M SORRY BUT YOU WHERE BETTER OFF NOT WRITING THIS POST..JUST MY OPINION

81. By CaribooBill on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Titus – the Cariboo is a semi-remote area in British Columbia (Canada) where I live most of the spring, summer and fall. It is a high altitude plateau with lots of lakes and thick forests mixed with open range grasslands.

82. By Carl K on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Tebow threw 12 TD to just 6 ints last year winning 7 out of 11 starts.
    Tebow helped open holes for Willis McGahee… McGahee averaged over 4.8 yards per career.

Mike – just think what AP and Gerhart could do! Not to mention what it would do to open up thing for Percy.

If we could get Miami to trade pick #8 for Ponder… and if we could pick up Tebow for a 5th to 7th round pick… I would do it.

Swing for the home run!

83. By TheRealDon™ on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Whatever all you guys are smoking on I need some..

84. By vikingsfan1955 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

So what they had to figure tebow out and did think about it his first yr and coaches had to figure him out come on if thet had to and he barely knew the nfl just think when he learns it. Some don’t think. How many players could have brough a medicore team as far as he did so fast in a young career. No he’s not top notch but his potential is.

85. By Carl K on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

TheRealDon- I am not smoking anything… I am just high on life and J E S U S.

QBs that can throw a pretty ball but CAN’T lead a team out of a paper bag are a dime a dozen.

86. By New Vike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

No chance that anybody is giving the 8th pick in the draft for Ponder or anybody currently on the roster apart from a healthy AP and maybe Jared Allen.

87. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Alright guys lets get serious- Tebow is horrific. He has no place on this football team. Not now, not ever.

88. By Larry on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

The Vikes need Tim Tebow,like they need another Rick Spielman.

89. By Tom Ashley on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Definitely don’ t need to use money to get Tebow or draft picks. I still say he is not very good and his addition would not make the Vikings better. The Vikings need help in the secondary, O-line, wide receiver and linebacker. The Vikings just signed a tight end in John Carlson, plus another RB in Lex Hilliard now looking for a full back. Why would the Vikings waste money and draft picks for another runner. Vikings can’t throw the ball and really don’t run either since opposing defenses stack the line because Ponder can’t throw nor can they protect him. Vikings better spend their time deciding how to get Kalil, Blackmon, Morris Claiborne and possibly Michael Floyd from Notre Dame.

90. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Dam it…Shwartz signed with Dolphins. Does anybody want to play for us ??

91. By Larry on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Lets hope Ted Ginn signs today,and OJ Otogwe when he visits.

92. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Ted Ginn has no hands. Isnt the primary job of a WR is to catch the football? But anyways I would gladly take him, if he came cheap.

93. By Spears on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I saw what Tebow could do when he played at Fl. He has a very strong leadership quality that can’t be taught. When he was on the Vikes three yard line everybody knew he was going to keep the ball and run. The Vikes could not stop him. When the Vikings played the Falcons and had a fourth and goal they were stopped! Sure could have used Tebow ! Give him a chance.

94. By New Vike on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

@Spears – The Vikings couldnt stop someone from 3 yards out and that impresses you? They couldnt stop a nose bleed. If we need him because of his leadership then have him hold a clipboard and coach…

95. By Spears on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

The Vikes defense line was not the problem. It was our secondary!

96. By fred waliss on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

we neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed tebow. he would be a great add on to ap and would give the vikings a cheep qb

97. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Gotta stop wishing out loud for FA’s. As soon as we get on someone’s bandwagon, they sign with someone else.

98. By Joe F on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Before last season ended I made a comment about free agents not wanting to come to play for the Vikings. As a fan I’m really not suprised we haven’t done much for many reasons. #1 We have NO STADIUM and NO solution because of DUMB LEGISLATORS. Would you want to move your family for 1 season because thats all thats certain. #2 Would you want to play for a team coming off a 3-13 season? If you were a top tier WR would you play for a team with no o-line to protect a QB that is suppose to throw you the ball? I think Speilman was blown away with the movie Moneyball and is trying to apply that strategy with this team.

99. By Martin on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I say if yo bring in Tebow, then you better have Webb as a starting wide out.
    As for the LT position, wait until the secound round, get a CB first.

If we dont pick up Tebow, then Webb and pounder should go head to head for the QB position, and get Blackmon as our first pick. Wait until secound round for LT position.

100. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Please sign Ted Ginn! Just imagine Alshon+Percy+Ginn+Rudolph.

101. By Saddy on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, schwartz didn’t sign with anybody yet, he is still visiting 49ers

102. By madcap17 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

If the Vikings even think of Tebow, that would be the last straw. I would hope they move to L.A. Take the circus with them

103. By kyle on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

So why would we want tebow?…. we already have a guy that can run and throw better then him… his name, Joe Webb….. infact Webb should be leading this team instead of being put on the back burner time an time again….

104. By Mike B. on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I am wondering why no annoucement on the RB signed. Was a big splash abour Carlson. The news release here is confusing.

105. By Mike B. on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Both Tebow and Webb have issues being starting QB and the reason why just say no to Tebow. Webb isn’t #1 QB material and neither is Tebow. Otherwise Elway wouldn’t have spent almost 100 mil on Manning.

106. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Webb is a Warrior, Tebow is Terrible.

107. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Anybody know what time Ginn came to visit the Vikings?

108. By TheRealDon™ on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

OL Schwartz has ‘awesome’ visit with Vikings

109. By DeerTracks on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Mike B…You say Joe Webb isn’t QB material? Is your K-mart Special Cystral Ball fogging up again?

How in Blue-Bells would ypu know this? All we need is for Frazier to get his head out of the sand and put Joe Webb in as the starting QB!!!

I wouldn’t argue with idiots, they have more experience then I do….

110. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Kinda late there TRD..

111. By JPNYC on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

im starting to hate coming in her. there is NEVER anything relevant or exciting being discussed. wHY are We talking about Tebow!!! i want OL, WR, and DB’ss!!!! I WANT A SUPER BOWL!!!

112. By Blake Z on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

As long as we get our superbowl… Who cares!!!

113. By Parody on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Trade for Tebow? Are you kidding? Well, if that’s the way we’re going, why not offer up a trade for CJ2K as well? Let’s get a few more kickers on the team too. They are always right up there with the leaders on any team in the scoring category, so let’s just pile up the team with that proven success…

114. By PTviking on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Spencer – Where did you read about OL Schwartz to the Dolphins? There’s nothing out there about that.

115. By Parody on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I think Tebow’s best bet would be to stay in Denver. There’s no telling when Manning will be injured again, but it’s probably likely to come sooner rather than later. That team has already learned how to have success with his unique style of play…other teams may have more trouble figuring out how to make it work.

116. By rye on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Hope the vikings can sign OL schwartz. Also hope the vikings can land Ted Ginn so Harvin doesn’t have to return kicks and punts anymore (keeping Harven healthy and getting a great KR and PR would be good)! Some of the vikings moves are finally starting to make a little sense.

The OL situtation would look a lot better adding Schwartz and drafting Kalil.

117. By rye on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

The vikings would be dumb to add Tebow. Ponder and Webb are better than Tebow.

Vikings have other holes to fill. QB is not one of them.

118. By Jeffbleedspurple on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Who cares!! anyone even considering bringing this circus act to the Vikings would be out of their minds, unless you want to bring him in as a FB, won’t happen? Good enough then, let him go elsewhere. Tebow!!!! I know this would happen, once I heard Manning had interest in the Broncos, people are that silly. we can’t even bring in a decent OL, WR or someone for the secondary from FA, but then to consider this clown? I don’t think so, how stupid! and I agree with JPNYC, why are we even talking about this guy!!

119. By Jeffbleedspurple on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

STUPID! Look at that Viking fan, hes doing the purple people tebowing move, NO THANK YOU! I WANT NO PART OF THE MESS! SEND HIM AS FAR FROM THE NFL AS YOU CAN.

120. By Jeffbleedspurple on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Mike: You have surely lost your mind.

121. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb is not a good quarterback and he is the worst passer. Do not even considered him a great passer accurate because he is not! The only thing he is good is his prime runner, and he can run for a touchdown because he is a WR that has speed. His throwing ability sucks and I want him out of the Vikings unless he changed his position as a WR. You guys are on crack for saying Joe Webb is a great QB. LOL He is not at ALL.

122. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Larson Joe Webb is a better QB than Tebow

123. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Now I know a majority of you are disgruntled by the Front Offices approach to Free Agency. But we have to be somewhat thankful, it could be worse…

124. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb is Tim Tebow. There is no better or worse. They both are the worst QB in NFL. Period. Joe Webb is meant for WR and Tim Tebow is meant for his religious to be brought in Football. Period.

125. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

…….Well at least he can return kicks.

126. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

LOL Spencer … did you read the article? from the link you posted ?

Doesnt this sound familiar ???

“The Dolphins first issued a statement. Later, Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland spoke.

“We are halfway through the player acquisition period,’’ he said Tuesday afternoon. “Let the process play out.””

hahahahahha that’s what we are being told …. “Let the process play out.”

127. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb is a runner and that is it. He has no pass touchdown and has more than 3 interceptions. Tebow does the same thing, he just runs.He just happened to have 10 touchdown because he faced the worst secondary like the Vikings for one. Any HIgh School QB can throw an easy TOUCHDOWN against our secondary because that is how bad our defense is. If we have a great defense he wouldn’t have 2 easy pass touchdown on us. Other than that, he is the worst QB. A 36.4 QB rating? You kidding right? Tebow is a joke, Joe Webb is a joke. Neither are worth for our football teams.

128. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Spencer thanx for that clip … it looks eerily similar to this guy

129. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Ok Joe Webb has 3 touchdown and 5 interceptions and 2 fumbles. He reminds me of Jarmcus Russell except Webb can run.

130. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

LarsonFamily … Joe Webb is a better QB than Tim Tebow

131. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb > Tim Tebow > Jemarcus Russell

132. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb IS Tim Tebow. They both are the worst QB. Thats how bad these two are.

133. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Larson- Joe Webb is a better Quarterback than Timothy Tebow. We do not need to argue this.

134. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Jamarcus Russell is pretty good

135. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Shawn- Who the heck cares about Troy Wiliamson as long he is not on our team. Why are you so worried about him anyway?

136. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb IS Tim Tebow. The worst QB in NFL history.

137. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Larson … Joe Webb is a better QB than Tim Tebow

Troy Williamson is better than Tim Tebow

138. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb IS Tim Tebow, the worst NFL QB in hisotry.

139. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Troy Williamson is the worst WR in NFL history along with Tim Tebow and wannabes WR Webb in NFL History.

140. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

We should cut Webb or trade him if he has any values which he doesn’t anyway. Oh I know why, cuz he sucks.

141. By chris_b on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

The dolphins relessed there ss Bell, there leading takler for the last couple seasons. Deos anyone know anything about him. Is he someone we should be looking at

142. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Larson … Webb is good

143. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Listen from 1:16 to138

144. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Ponder is a better QB than Joe Webb and Tim Tebow.

145. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

chris_b … hes 34 and just from looking at the stats he’s a tackling machine but not a factor in coverage statistically speaking. I didnt watch many Dolphin games so cant judge much more than stats and age which is over the hill

8 seasons … 43 PassBrkups … 6 INTs

146. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

^ No SH|T!

147. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I meant that for Larsons statement regarding Ponder being better than Webb and Tebow

148. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Larson … that is a rational statement

149. By Detroit Vikings on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

How many starters can we realistically get in the draft ?

150. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Exactly……So why dont we cut Joe Webb and focus on Ponder. Ponder is a better QB than Joe Webb. Deal Joe Webb or cut him. His values isn’t as high as any other QB. To save our money, cut him. He is no good QB. Denver is smarter than the Vikings because they just cut the QB like Joe Webb out of the team. Vikings should of done that too with the QB we have in Joe Webb. Cut him!!!!!!!!!!!!

151. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Do we have a Strong Safety on the team right now?

152. By Detroit Vikings on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Didn”t we resign Abdullah

153. By Carl K on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

ok, this FA has me bored and frustrated… I will admit I stirred the pot with the Tebow talk today… Sorry. I am a fan of Ponder. The other day I think Shawn or Spence posted a video of Ponder he does at times look the part of a franchise QB.

Now with that said, I don’t think it is fair to bash on Joe Webb. Webb was drafted as a 6th round WR and he has over achieved as a QB.

I like our QBs and I would agree that we have bigger holes. Bashing on our QBs is silly.

We are in good shape at QB. Ponder and Webb are fun to watch.

154. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Abdullah is a FS

155. By Detroit Vikings on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Spencer Abdullah played free safety last year but he has played strong safety as well

156. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Jamarca Sanford is a SS

157. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Larson …

Webb is a good back up for Ponder and he doesnt cost anything he was a 6th round pick. Your wrong and wrong again.

Broncos did not cut Tebow so again your wrong.

158. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Vikings safeties are interchangeable they dont have a prototypical “strong” of “free” safety … they just have safeties

159. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

*of should be or

160. By Viking33 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Broncos are trying to trade a player that can’t play….good luck on that. It will be a bidding war of francises that need to sell tickets, any serious contenders would only take him if he were released by the Broncos. And then only because every court needs a Jester.

My number #1 draft pick hope is that we get a great player – not some “all hype” guy that flounders around for a few years because no one will admit they made a mistake on a guy at the #1 spot.

161. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

LOL Joe Webb will always be a backup and he will be cut by the end of this year. Joe Webb will never have the same values as Tebow. Tebow is considered cut but instead of cutting him because he has values. Denver knew any dumb teams will take the risk to trade for Tebow. It is the same as cutting him but because he has values from his religious basis, that gives Denver the advantages. Sorry Shawn I am never wrong. I am always right. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

162. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

LOL Webb will not be cut …. Webb is a better QB than Tim Tebow

163. By Shawn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

**** NEW BLOG ****

164. By Detroit Vikings on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Tebow has a future in the NFL guys….it just may not be at QB.
    He should go to New England where a guy like Belichik will not be afraid to use him as a football player.

165. By Detroit Vikings on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I wonder if Tebow played point guard ?

166. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Id rather us trade Webb than cut him. I would at least want to get something out of it.

167. By Detroit Vikings on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Jon…I mean Spencer,
    What do you think our two 4th round picks are worth if we traded up ?

168. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb will be gone as soon Ponder gets his g-l-o-r-y.

169. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb will never get his chances as a QB and he will sit on the bench for the rest of his life hoping that one day he will get to start as a QB.

170. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb should of never went in and changed his positions as a QB. That was his biggest mistakes. If he sticks with the fact of being a WR, he would of succeed at something better than he is at as a QB. He wasted his talents trying to be a QB when he had the opportunitiy to be a WR

171. By DeerTracks on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Larson, Always right? Not this time “Never Wrong”!

Joe Webb is twice the QB that Fairhaiored Ponder baby thinks he is..

Trade Joe Webb,,? No Way…When you wake up from your hangover, watch some games Webb has played, I do, then you might just see thru your beady boozed eyes that I am the one that is Right!!

Joe Webb should be the starter,..Trade Ponder…

172. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

If Joe Webb has some values in it I am sure Vikings would of traded him right away but the problems was he has NO values in it. We are stuck with him for now. Since we have Ponder, we are just keeping Webb to be nice until his contract is up and we will release him. That is why we signed Sage Rofenfals it is telling me that he will start as a QB number 2, and Joe Webb will be a QB number 3 since we might use him as a WR. It is obvious he can’t play as a QB period. Vikings are trying to get his values up out of something so we can trade him otherwise if nothing works he’s gone.

173. By DeerTracks on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb will be the starter, just as soon as Frazier wakes up…

174. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Nope I am always right, Deer Tracks. Sorry to burst your bubbles too.

175. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Then you are the most idiot bloggers I’ve met, Deer Tracks. Joe Webb will NEVER be a starter. Period.

176. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Cut Joe Webb.

177. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

What? Im not Jon,Detriot Viking.

178. By Viking33 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb is a player that we need – he is a back up QB that can come in if needed and win a game just on athletic ability alone. If Ponder gets hurt, Webb will be there – and Ponder will get hurt so we need Joe Webb.

Rebuilding team = QB abuse

179. By Detroit Vikings on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Spencer…..yea and I’m not in Detroit
    What about my 4th rounders question ?

180. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

You watched the videos where Joe Webb ran his life to get a touchdown. I don’t see any good throws that is as GREAT as a QB would of thrown to get a touchdown.

181. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

All of his 5 inteceptions was the worst thrown than any other QB would of thrown.

182. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

He had 3 touchdown p-a-s-s-e-s was because there was nobody there to defended the WR. That is a high school p-a-s-s-e-s he had thrown. He had 2 rushing touchdown wow, big deal. Ponder had 13 pass touchdowns with a bad offense line. That shows he is the future of a QB. Again I am always right.

183. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Ha ha ha– everyone knows Spencer is Jon. Or is it that Jon is Spencer?

184. By Spencer on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Im seriously not Jon though…

185. By lewis l on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

if tebow came to MN musgrave would find a way to utilize his skill set just like he does with rudolph, percy havin, and joe webb, right? please.

186. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

The reason Joe Webb had 3 easy touchdown is because the DB of the opponent teams didn’t think Joe Webb would of thrown the ball to our WR. They thought he was gonna keep running over and over. They moved the DB closer to the D-Line to stop his running. Instead Joe Webb stopped running and tried to throw and he found a WR open. If they didn’t moved the DB closer to D-Line it would of been interceptions easily.

187. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I would love to see Tebow in purple.

188. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Same with Tim Tebow. It only took New England a quarter to figured him out and Tebow got choked in the game. Now the fact that the Vikings knows that the NFL already figured out Joe Webb, his talents of being a QB is now worthless. Vikings knew they have to find him in a different positions since he has all around talents and not just a QB. He is not going to be a QB anymore but he might have his last chance of being at other positions on his last year contract to see if there is any increase in his values. If his values dont increase they will released him, cut him. If there is some values in him by doing different things with him on the field then we will trade him instantly. Right now, his values is nothing. Only the state of Minnesota thinks Joe Webb is a good QB but the rest of the NFL knows he is a junk QB.

189. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I do not like Tim Tebow but I respect his religious.

190. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

End of Discussion. Larson win.

191. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Larson, hold on partner. You have won nothing yet.

“Only the state of Minnesota thinks Joe Webb is a good QB but the rest of the NFL knows he is a junk QB” (Larsonfamily, 2012).

REALLY? As I recall in the Tuesday night game with the Eagles, all the commentators were extremely impressed with Webb. And as recent as the last game of 2011, the commentators said the Bears Coach Lovie Smith had the great respect for Webb.

192. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Lol. Yeah he ran for a touchdown. Like I said big deal. That was the only game he got lucky while all the DB were to close to the D-Line trying to stop his running. He started throwing the ball when our WR were wide open that gives him an easy pass for a touchdown. Anybody can throw the ball to a wide open WR on the field. If the DB never gets close to the D-Line it would of been interceptions like he usually gets. So yeah, the whole NFL figured he just had a lucky game. It took only few games to get the whole NFL to stop him and thats why he is no longer a QB but a number 3 back up QB. Vikings is trying to use him as WR to pick up some values on him before they let him go to somewhere else.

193. By Meekay on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Wow. Larson = Dumb.

194. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Meekay, no need to be rude.

195. By Rocksalt on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

NOT TEBOW

196. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

You are dumb for thinking Joe Webb is a good QB LOL LOL He will be cut. I’ll be laughing my butt off by having you peeling your eyes on TV wondering when will Joe Webb ever play. As soon the season end, youll find a news that says Vikings has decided to release Joe Webb or trade him to somewhere else. Now whos dumb? LOLOL you are

197. By Symons on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Why Tim Tebow should be the next Vikings quarterback:
    1) Would improve our run game. We already have the best running back in the league. We could also have the best scrambling/running quarterback.
    2) Joe Webb is the perfect backup quarterback for a “Tebow” style offense.
    3) We could discover the potential of our great tightends.
    4) Increase the much needed support and revenue that comes with Tebow in these critical stadium and franchise building years.
    5) Our lack of a true deep threat receiver will be minimized with a run style quarterback.
    6) Bringing that much more attention to the line will lessen coverage and improve our passing game.
    7) His desire to win, leadership, and integrity is a key focal point for building a championship team for many years.
    8) He already has great chemistry with Percy Harvin from playing together in the past.

We are ready to move forward and start winning again!! Come to MN Tebow!!

198. By LarsonFamily on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb is like Tavaris Jackson. Just a junk QB.

199. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Wow, Larsonfamily, take the high road dude.

200. By Parody on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I don’t know Titus. I would guess that Larson is toking the high road as we speak…

201. By Titus T. Owens on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Parody, you are on a roll…

202. By RichardA1 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

J Webb for T Tebow, Webb has done nothing but convince us hes a great athlete? obviously not good enough to start, half the team is’nt good enough to start, can Webb play a whole game? we don’t know, why are we buying he;s great? we need big impact players, I would rather have great players that have been in the leaque for a few years that are proven who are available being a free agent than getting a rookie who we don’t know how good he will be. DEFENSE

203. By DeerTracks on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Larson…Watch Joe Webb the next time Ponder gets his head rattled, and Joe is called on once again…

Then you will be eating crow……Even Idiots eat crow…Tell us what you think of a crow diet..

As Titus T above said, Eagles game..Chris Colingsworth and Al Michaels had nothing but praise for Webb in that game..

You must have been off somewheres eating crow from, some other stupid remarks you made…and didn’t pay attention to the game..yuk yuk…Webb!!

204. By wildhairyhaggis on Mar 21, 2012 | Reply

WTF ? we’ve webb. who needs tebow and ponder ?

205. By Jaydon on Mar 21, 2012 | Reply

lets get some wins pick up TEBOW!
    I think he will give our team more energy like that first year with Farve.

Its TEBOW time!!!!!

206. By Tim on Mar 21, 2012 | Reply

One can’t denie his heart.If a team was full of people that had his heart or desire,one would think their odds of winning the super bowl would surley improve. On a different note I’m looking to the potenchal fines they are about to pass down on NEW ORLEANS> stick it to them.

207. By Ron on Mar 21, 2012 | Reply

Aint’s coach get the boot for the upcoming season without pay.He should have been banned for life along with his other thugs involved.As to Tebow,it would be a great pickup.Trade Ponder and Rosenthal to get Tebow.Keep Web as he deserves his chance.

208. By Purplefailure on Mar 21, 2012 | Reply

Anywhere but here!

But he will definitely bring money to any team he joins due to the stupid people that obsess over him. Good guy, wish him the best, but I wouldn’t miss the constant “Tebowing” stories and mindless BS that follows him. Much like some dude that used to wear #4…

209. By wacky on Mar 23, 2012 | Reply

who cares!!!

210. By KoN on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Tom Pelissero‏@TomPelisseroReply
    Retweet

Favorite
    · Open

Just talked at length to #Vikings GM Rick Spielman, who said FA has gone “exactly” the way he expected. More coming at http://1500ESPN.com

211. By John on Sep 8, 2013 | Reply

Give Tim Tebow a shot at Vikings QB!!!!!!