Sunday Was A Big Day At The Combine

Posted by Mike Wobschall on February 27, 2012 – 7:44 am

The action on Sunday at the Combine was non-stop, with QBs, RB and WRs going through on-field workouts and with many of those players creating a buzz in the building with impressive physical displays. In fact, there were several players who either solidified their standing as elite players at their position or who raised eyebrows and drastically improved their draft stock.

Here’s a look at a few of those players and how they were able to impress on what turned out to be an action-packed day at the 2012 NFL Scouting Combine…

Head of the class
We’ll start at the top of the draft, where QBs Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III solidified their standing as not only the Top 2 QBs, but also the two best prospects in the entire draft class. Luck, considered the top QB prospect, actually compared to last year’s top prospect, Cam Newton, in many of the on-field drills. Luck’s unofficial 4.59 in the 40-yard dash (officially Luck ran a 4.67) matched Cam Newton’s official best time from 2011, his 10-foot, 4-inch broad jump was just 2 inches off Newton’s 10-6, and his 36-inch vertical bested Newton’s 35-inch jump from last year. You can count on the Colts selecting Luck with the #1 overall pick.

As for RG3, he registered 4.41 in the 40-yard dash (he was unofficially time at 4.38), which was the fastest time for a QB at the Combine since 2006. I’ve also been told that RG3 has been super-impressive in the team interview environment. I will be completely shocked if he is not selected with the #2 overall pick in the draft, which ultimately means the St. Louis Rams are going to trade out of that spot and likely receive a King’s Ransom for doing so.

WRs shooting up draft boards?
There were several WRs who stood out on Sunday, but I want to highlight three of them here. First is Stephen Hill from Georgia Tech. He created a buzz in the building by running a blazing fast 4.36 in the 40-yard dash. That’s impressive enough for a WR, but also consider that Hill measured in at 6-4, 215 pounds. With that combination of speed and size, you might wonder why Hill doesn’t come with more hype. Perhaps one reason is that he played at Georgia Tech, a program that features an option offense. This means Hill doesn’t have a ton of experience catching the ball or playing in sophisticated passing schemes. Of course Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas came from the same program, and clearly they haven’t struggled with adjusting to NFL offenses. So all-in-all, Sunday was a great day for Hill, and I believe he made himself a lot of money because I’m thinking he will be a rare case of a player who jumps up several rounds on many teams’ draft boards based on a performance at the Combine. According to NFL.com’s Bucky Brooks, Hill also “showed strong hands catching the ball in individual drills and looked like a natural pass catcher in the route running portion of the workout.”

The second receiver I want to highlight is Notre Dame’s Michael Floyd, who ran a 4.47 in the 40-yard dash. That’s a good time for Floyd and it should assuage many teams’ concerns about his speed. Floyd has prototypical size (6-3, 220 pounds), physicality and ball skills, and his 40 time at the Combine will give his supporters an even stronger argument. I still think he looks a touch stiff and I wonder if he’s quick enough coming out of his breaks. That will be for scouts and coaches to decide, not me. My gut still has a 2nd-round value on him, but I’m guessing a solid performance at his pro day will result in some team grabbing him in the late stages of the 1st round.

The last receiver I’ll mention here is Chris Givens from Wake Forest. He ran a 4.41 in the 40-yard dash, and he’s a guy NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock mentioned to me on Sunday afternoon. Mayock and I got into a discussion about mid-round WR prospects, and Givens is a guy Mayock seemed to favor. He talks more about Givens in this week’s Wobcast, so be sure to check that out on Tuesday when we post it to the site. Givens has elite speed and was a great deep threat at Wake Forest. His profile page on NFL.com compares him to Jeremy Maclin, saying “He has adequate size and is a blazing straight-line runner who looks similar to Philadelphia’s Jeremy Maclin with his movements in-route. He relies heavily on his speed in all he does and is the type of receiver capable of taking a speed-out and cutting up field to daylight.”

3 tweets from a former GM
Charlie Casserly is one of my favorite NFL analysts in the business. He was an NFL GM for 16 years and worked in NFL front offices for over 20 years, serving with Washington Redskins from 1977-99 and then with the Houston Texans from 2002-06. Anyway, I pay attention to what he says, and on Sunday afternoon he had a series of tweets (@charleycasserly) where he listed players who helped themselves during on-field workouts at the Combine. Here they are, with a few edits for clarity…

RB’s who helped themselves today: Miller (Miami), Pierce (Temple), Gray (Texas A&M). All of them ran faster than projected.

– Some WR’s whose speed helped them: Jenkins (Illinois), Posey (Ohio State), Hill (Georgia Tech), Givens (Wake Forest), Hemmingway (Michigan), Coale (VPI), Owusu (Stanford).

– WRs I liked in drills: Posey (Ohio State), Quick (Appalachian State), Blackmon (Oklahoma State), Coale (VPI), Adams (Arkansas), Givens (Wake Forest), Hemingway (Michigan), Owusu (Stanford), Page (Toledo), Jenkins (Illinois).

Tags:

254 Responses to “Sunday Was A Big Day At The Combine”

1. By sandiamond on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

camera 1,2 live link for the nfl combine

2. By Carl K on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

gotta love Stephen Hill!!!

3. By Carl K on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

DT Dontari Poe is the strongest guy at the combine. Gotta love this big fella too if he falls to the Vikings with the #35 pick!

4. By sandiamond on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Ta’amu widest body and one of the slowest 40. fat pat!

For some reason I couldnt post this link so i copied and pasted the article ….

“This morning Greg Rosenthal from Pro Football Talk posted on twitter that he heard during the combine that the Vikings are in the mix for a few of the biggest names in free agency and are ready to spend.

I was a bit surprised to hear this because I wasn’t sure how the Vikings were going to attack free agency during a rebuilding year. I’m sure targets will be towards the younger side and we know Spielmam likes players coming off of their rookie deals.

Vikings have roughly 10 Million to spend as it stands now and depending on which veterans get released, we could see up to 20+ million to use for 2012. The free agency pool for wide receiver and cornerback are strong this year and arguably the Vikings biggest needs.

Teams have until next Monday to place their franchise tags on players and i’ll be rolling out my free agency rankings shortly after.”

DT- Dontari Poe …. WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6’4″ 346 lbs

44 reps on the bench

4.87 x 40

Spielman may be bluffing …

“Rick Spielman did everything he could at the NFL scouting combine to cast doubt on the Minnesota Vikings’ plans for the No. 3 overall pick in April’s draft.”

“Spielman made clear that “we’re not going into ’12 and thinking it’s a throwaway,” but he knows the best chance for forging a shortcut on the road back from 3-13 is maximizing the value of the Vikings’ highest draft pick since 1968 — when they took another USC tackle, Ron Yary, who ended up in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.”

Linebacker questions …

9. By Piggy™ on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

10. By Piggy™ on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

11. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

That Dontari Poe 40 time was unofficial … the fficial time was 4.98

MLB Vontaze Burfict … is off my favorite list. He ran a 4.93x 40 = PATHETIC

12. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

MLB Burfict … ran 4.93 and 5.10 in his 2 – 40 yard dashes ….. PASS

13. By Carl K on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Burfict didn’t want to do the bench press!!!! w u s s

14. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Dam…Burfect is looking terrible out there.

@Shawn- If Jenkins is available for us in the 2nd round, would you rather us draft him or Gilmore?

15. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

But I still have some faith in Burfect. Just because he ran a slow 40 doesnt mean he will do bad in the league. Last time I checked Brandon Spikes is a pretty solid player, and he ran a 5.06

16. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Stephen Hill should be an interesting player to watch. Tall and VERY fast. Remind you of anyone…

17. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Keep WR Ashlon Jeffery and LB Burfict off the Vikings roster…Why didn’t Jeffery run ??…He is healthy…Burfict is slow..And has an attitude problem…..And stay FAR AWAY from the next Bernard Berrian…Yep…DeSean Jackson…

18. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Burfict’s stock will definitely fall because of his performance at the combine. I he can fall to the 3rd round i think he would be a steal for us there. I wouldn’t use a 2nd round pick on him. There are other pressing needs that should be addressed with that pick.

19. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Jenkins is a shut down corner. I like Gilmore but Jenkins is way better if not for getting arrested for pot a couple times and for fighting he would be the first corner taken.

20. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Blackmon, Luck, Griffin III. All did not fully participate in the combine. Matt Kalil fully participated and believes he is the best LT. I want the player who believes he is the best and is willing to go out and show not the players who wont participate just to raise their individual value later on at their pro day.

21. By TheBoss22 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

We should trade Ponder for the number 2 pick because Ponder sucks. If that doesn’t work then we need to try to get another QB or use Joe Webb because he’s better than Ponder. Ponder is not as good as RG3 or Joe Webb so we should be trying to get to the second pick to get RG3 or get rid of Ponder and use Joe Webb. Now that I’m done with that can you tell me health of Adrian Peterson and if he can’t play we need to get a good reciever and use Percy Harvin as RB. I think the best recievers for us are either Blackmon or Hill. Or if AP can’t play we should try and draft LaMichael James or Trent Richardson as RB. I hope you use some of these suggestion and try for some of these players.

22. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

We are not going to trade back. Thats what Speilman said last year when we had the 12th pick. We are staying at #3 and we are taking Kalil. There is no better option than that

23. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

The only time joe webb does good is when he comes in during the game. After a full week the other team had to game plan for a different qb. Ponder made accurate throws more consistently than joe webb did this year (his 2nd year) and his rookie year, and it was only Ponder’s rookie year.

Just because Webb is the better athlete does not make him the better QB.

24. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

R1 LT Kalil, R2 WR Stephen Hill 6’4 runs a 4.36 40 catches everything and blocks he is the total package. R3 CB Josh Norman big physical ball hawk corner. R4 OT Andrew Datko can play any position on the line but center. R5 DT Akiem Hicks 6’4 320llbs run stuffer with pass rush ability. R6 LB. R7 secondary compettion.

25. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Joe Webb can flat out play the game of football. If he really wants to win he will realize his athletic skills will better suit him in a position other than QB.

26. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

@Grandad- If Luck is somehow still there- Who would you take..Kalil or Luck?

27. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Roger- i like that scenario

28. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Depending on which rounds the Vikings get for compensatory picks here are who they should target R4 WR Marvin Jones 6’2 catches everything and has good speed. R5 CB Cliff Harris dumb@S$ off the field but a ball hawk on. Or R5 FSU LB Nigel Bradham not sure of last name.

29. By sandiamond on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

wow 59 DB’s tomorrow. I guess Burfict let everyone down. How did his body look… cut, chubby or what

30. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Thanks @GrandDaddyPurp

31. By sandiamond on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

why Datko if we take Kalil?, makes no sense he has a fair amout of injuries too

32. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spencer- Kalil. QBs can look so much better when they have time, cough cough tom brady. 2 of Lucks OLineman are potential top 10 or top 15 players in this draft. We dont have the OLine to make Luck look like he did in his college days

33. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

sandiamond- He look like he might have put on a few lbs.

34. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

@Shawn DT Poe is a physical freak. He likely will go 1st round to a 3-4 defence. If he falls to round 2 the Colts will take him since they are switching to a 3-4.

35. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Speaking of defenses…are we sticking with the Cover 2 this year?

36. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spencer I’ve been asking that question since 07

37. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

@Sandiamond Datko can play RT if Loadholt continues to struggle against pass rushers while he can take over for Hutch at LG if the Front Office lets him go. Plus Herrera should be gone so adding a guy who is as versitale as Datko would be great idea and he is Ponder’s buddy.

38. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I think Hill will be our 2nd round pick. 4.36 40 time. 6’4. 39.5 inch vertical. I cant look at this guy without comparing him to Randy Moss. Tall, blazing speed, and can jump. Someone said he can block too. I’m intrigued by this guy

39. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I like Fusco, Love, and DeGeare but Datko would have been the third tackle taken if not for injurying his shoulder again. Datko would be a steal in the 4th round. The OLine could be LT Kalil, LG Datko, C Fusco, RG DeGeare, RT Love. Love and Datko could switch positions. I have no faith in Loadholt. Sully is not strong enough.

40. By sandiamond on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Yea I agree we could use that versatile OL to shift around from guard to tackle. Datko not on the field much with injuries tho. Staff will come up with someone for that role in the mid-rounds… i hope

41. By Parody on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Roger – Sully just got a big extension. I think it was in the range of 6-years. So whether you like him or not, he’s going to be here for a while. I also doubt that the coaches will move Loadholt off the starting lineup for a guy who was a 6th-rounder and spent most of his time on the bench last year. Loadholt has had his troubles, but I don’t think that they are big enough for Love to take his spot.

42. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Georgia Tech uses a run first offence so their wr need to block Stephen Hill was their no. 1 wr and he could lay people out with his blocks.

43. By Parody on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Plus, a brand new offensive line across the board looks like the perfect recipe to get your QB murdered. They need time to get to know eachother’s tendencies so they can work together. Replace them all at once and you’re looking at a disaster while they all try to find a rhythm.

44. By Parody on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I say keep Hutch, Sully and Loadholt this year. Find new guys for LT and RG. Hutch should have the experience and leadership abilities to keep them together. Then Hutch’s contract runs out, and I believe Loadholt’s rookie contract runs out. It makes 2013 a perfect time to replace Hutch and assèss whether Loadholt has done enough to earn a new contract. I know the answer from most right now would be no, but I say give him a chance to pull himself back together. If he can make up for the mistakes he made in the past two years, then we would benefit by keeping him on board, otherwise we’re looking at finding 2-new starters once more next year.

45. By sandiamond on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

S. Hill was on my big screen tv last year several times. But to be honest I turned to other games because GT runs that option 75% of the time!

46. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

@Parody I know they are not gonna give up on Loadholt I just hate the holding and facemask penalties. While Sully got a 5 year 25million extension but not alot of guranted money in it.

47. By Parody on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

This time next year, Sully should be the leader of the offense. He’ll have the most experience and have the most expected of him. Hopefully he can live up the standards we’ll be judging him by.

48. By Parody on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

*leader of the offensive line

49. By VegasVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I vote yes to Chris “carter-moss” Hill

50. By VegasVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Correction Stephen Hill… Got my one handed grabs mixed up

51. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

The only way Sully will be gone after the extension he received is if he trades for Randy Moss then cuts him

52. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

And last i checked we had a GM whose in charge of that type of activity so looks like Sully isnt going anywhere for the time being.

53. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

@Parody I would want to keep Hutch so he could mentor Kalil and Datko. Have Datko or Love take over for Hutch after next year with the other one replacing Loadholt. If Fusco continues to improve I really think he could beat out Sully.

54. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I dont get why everybody is hyping up Dontari Poe. If he had this amazing combination of size and speed….Why didnt he Produce on the football field?? He had a grand total of ONE sack last year for Memphis. This guy is just Vernon Gholston 2.0.

55. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Sully was playing injured alot so maybe with him being healthy he will show his improvement. I just don’t think he is strong enough but again it maybe because of injuries.

56. By Rogerthevikefan on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

@Spencer I don’t like Poe I just hope he gets taken high so someone that I want will fall to the Vikings. Akiem Hicks has similar size and will be a mid round pick I like him alot more.

57. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I hope we take RG

58. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Titus, please tell me youre not talking about the Quarterback…

59. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, I am talking about the quarterback from Baylor– RG3.

60. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

1- RG3 ??????? LOL Titus you must be kidding ?

2- Dontario Poe … wont be around for a Viking pick but at 346 lbs I could see him being the replacement for Pat Williams …. in a perfect world

3- However in the real world some DT named Taamu should be available with our round 3 pick and at 345lbs could plug the middle … maybe ? after all it is just a draft and noone really knows

3- I agree with Parody on the OL. Try and fix LT and RG this season let hutch tutor and hope Loadholt looks better with better talent around him

4- Burfict = YUCK

…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
    ……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
    …………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
    ……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
    …………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
    ……………………………..,<`.._|_,-&“…………….`\

62. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Browns resign … MLB D’Qwell Jackson … he was my third choice behind MLB Lofton and Hawthorne.

5years 42Million … so its would be a big contract to land Curtis Lofton who I have seen Falcon fans complain about in pass coverage.

Hawthorne I guess has a gimpy knee although it hasnt caused him to miss games up to this point in his career ….

EJ might be our best option …. Hes not the worst MLB and he knows the sytem and hes a team and fan favorite

63. By Carl K on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

just to set the record straight on Dontari Poe – in 30 starts at Memphis he had 98 tackles 21.5 tackles for loss and 5 sacks.

Poe will be gone before the Vikings get a shot at him. Great run stuffers like Casey Hampton, BJ Raji, Jamel Williams and Vince Wilfork have all made their name in the league not by registering sacks but by eating up blockers and freeing up linebackers.

FA Safety Rankings ….

65. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

If I was Zygi…And a head coach came up to me saying he wanted to keep a player around or pick up a player in free agency just too mentor or tutor a player…First thing I would say to Frazier is…”You want to keep your job..Or should I give your job to the player you want to bring in to do your job”…Frazier has so many coaches on this team now he doesn’t even have job descriptions enough to go around….He should not have to keep a 7 million dollar a year aging guard around too mentor or tutor anybody…

66. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

OTK … Hutch wont be around at 7Million and hes not bad. Hes just not great anymore. Yea its easy to complain hes not the same guy he was 3 years ago but hes not bad. Hes probably average and in the NFL you need some average players … what you dont need is bad players

67. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Carl K…Hit the nail on the head….DT are not supposed to get sacks…They eat up blockers…Freeing up the rest of the D-line and LB’s to get sacks…Poe is a big enough guy and quick enough to demand double teams…

68. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Carl K .. thanx for the real Poe story. He looks and sounds like a beast. He would be an upgrade for us but unfortunately we need upgrades almost everywhere

69. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

He has had concussion and other injury problems…And his injuries are getting more frequent of late…A reason he was considering retiring…Hutch is one hit away from ending his career…If he starts the season…Vikings owe him a full years salary if he gets injured…Cut rate or not…if your signing the pay checks…Wouldn’t you want to take a healthier risk on a younger talent that needs to learn on a rebuilding team ???…

70. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

That fact that nobody had a guy this athletic ranked very high is more of a warning sign than anything in my book.

71. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

OTK … it depends. In the Vikings situation we are talking about replacing the LT and RG already …. how many questions can you have on one unit?

at this point … LT is a question LG is a question RG is a question RT is a question

Kalil … Hutch … Sullivan … ????? …. Loadholt

Sounds better than last years unit …. RG looks like a battle between Fusco, Berger , and DeGeare

Im hoping Degeare comes back from whatever happened to him because I remember RG always being a BIG HEAVY …. David Dixon

72. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spencer…Are you talking about Poe ??…I haven’t seen Poe ranked lower than the first half of the second round in most mock drafts I keep an eye on….If a player is ranked in the top 50…That’s a pretty good player…

73. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

But now some of these “draft experts” are saying he may go top 10. Its ludicrous.

74. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Guards should be DeGeare,Berger,Fusco,Love, you would think for sure…Kalil,Johnson, and Loadholt…Johnson and Berger would back up the tackle positions…Fusco would back up Sully…That would be a decent core of players without Hutch or Herrara coming back..Valdez would be their practice squad guy…Decent line…But needs experience on the field…

75. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I doubt Poe will make the top ten….First round somewhere is a real possibility…I could see the Patriots picking him up…A lot of teams releasing DT’s already the last few days…

76. By Carl K on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

OTK- first off we will not be keeping Hutch at 7 million… That will probably get restructured if Hutch wants to play for the Vikings.

Hutch is still our best OL. Yes, teammates can lead, mentor and coach other players. Hutch would add some value lined up next to a rookie like Kalil

77. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Fans have to remember…O-lineman drafted as rookies are not meant to be first year starters for a team normally…They need to grow up and get stronger and heavier in the weight rooms…Kalil (if drafted) will be the acception to the rule…Kalil is a “plug in and play” blue chip player !!!….But even Kalil will be a MUCH stronger and physically developed player 2 years down the road…This is where Fusco and Love have that extra year to get stronger…And fans will see that this season…Loadholt is just getting into to prime shape this season…And should show that soon also…Loadholt I believe will be dominate this being his 3rd season coming up !!…

78. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

What is the appeal with watching men making left turns? NASCAR is not a sport.

79. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I think this is Loadholt’s fourth season.

80. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Hutch has gone public saying he could “understand” if the Vikings asked him to take a pay cut this coming season to play for them….From what I take from that is…Hutch understands the Vikings asking…But Hutch hasn’t said a word about excepting a pay cut to play for a rebuilding team ???…I think Hutch might be asking nicely to be let go…So he can play for a contending team his last few years…Might have been why he mentioned retiring earlier…Which I think Hutch is still leaving open as a option…

81. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RGRG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! 3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!! RG3 RG3 RG3!!! !RG3 RG3 RG3!!!!

82. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

With a name like Poe, he should end up in Baltimore as a Raven.

83. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

That could be Titus…Just a guess there on Loadholt…Just as bad a the O-line has looked as a whole…I thought Loadholt did a decent job at RT last season…And think he will keep getting better…

84. By Parody on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Titus – You’re starting to pick up Spencer syndrome. You better relax and have a glass of water before it becomes serious.

85. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

What? I dont even do that. Everybodys Favorite Blogger Frederick Jones does that.

86. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Nova…That’s funny…Because when I was watching him today..I was thinking if his new teamates might nickname him Egar Allen…Know that was a man had a dark side too him….: )

87. By Carl K on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I think Berger will backup Sully. Berger has more NFL start at center than Fusco.
    Johnson or Fusco will be RT guard depending on what happens with Hutch.
    D. Love should continue to be the backup LT and Pat Brown resigned a new deal so he will continue to backup Loadholt and might get a chance to play before the year is over if Loadholt doesn’t look sharp.

88. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Well, Loadholt was in the Championship game in 09, so this must be his fourth season– he is certainly big enough, but he needs to clean up the penalties– and bringing in Kalil probably will just improve the whole line– Loadholt may pick it up to look good. Yeah, the more I think about it, one or two very good linemen and we are probably set.

89. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Parody, I think I am okay. If I get Spencer Syndrome, I would be condoning criminal behavior.

90. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

HAHAHAHA!

91. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

If Kalil is the Vikings first pick in the draft…I really believe the Vikings most glaring weakness on the team will become a huge strength…Not only helping protect Ponder…But AP ripping up turf on the ground !!!…Kalil would be HUGE if the Vikings land him….But the secondary still needs plenty of help…And still need something at WR and LB…

92. By sandiamond on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

titus! u are funny man with the RG3 campaign.

93. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I dont condone Cooks criminal behavior. Just like im sure you dont condone Randy Moss’s criminal behavior. You know…the guy that has served over 120 days in Prison.

94. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Heres a list of Viking needs in no particular order ..

FS
    SS
    CB
    MLB
    LOLB
    DT
    LT
    RG
    WR

other than that we rock

95. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

It seems we are all asking for a few players with attitude…Well then we can welcome in our new O-line if Kalil comes into town…Kalil,Fusco,and Love are all known to have a little bit of a nasty competitive streak flowing in them…And when they all start feeding off one another….I am expecting interesting things to happen on offense…Could youy imagine AP actually running through a BIG hole for a change…Instead of taking his first hit behind the line of scrimmage like he is now ???…

96. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Mock Cook all you want. But at least he gives it his all every snap and has Never quit on the team- Unlike Randy Moss..

IMO

FS – Resign Hussein Abdullah

SS – FA Sign Tyvon Branch

CB – ??????????????????????????????

MLB – ????????????????????????

LOLB – Resign Erin Henderson

DT – ??????????????????????????????

LT – Matt Kalil

RG – hope one of our previously drafted OLmen figure it out

WR – Stephen Hill

98. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Every snap, every chokehold…..

99. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Prison = more than 120 days

Jail is not prison

100. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

For some reason I have this feeling that if AP did the same exact thing….you guys wouldnt mock him, but you all would support him.

101. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Your “feeling” is completely unfounded. A coward is a coward.

102. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spence for some reason you always try to deflect focus trying to bring in other people … give it up already.

besides Peterson has proven himself “on the field”

and Moss never missed games he was always “on the field”

See Spence the only thing us fans care about is what they do “on the field”

Cook = never “on the field”

103. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Nova…Is right…

Could care less what name is on the arrest sheet..A coward is a coward…

104. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Exactly OTK.

105. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

True, but theres no doubt the Viking Faithful would rally around him, me included. The only time I would say lock em’ up is if theyre terrible players. So if this happened to guys like Remi, Charlie Johnson, LaLoser Booker, and Cedric Griffin. I would hope they would be found guilty.

106. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

You would “rally around” Charles Manson.

107. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Just wonder what will happen on Cook’s court date…And how long the case will last ??…Guess we will find out in a week…

108. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Wrong Spencer– I don’t care if it’s AP or my closest friend or relative– I want and hope the person can change, but you beat on a woman, in my eyes and I was brought up old school, you need to pay the consequences. Nope, if AP were in those shoes, I would say, bye, bye. But AP is in a different class altogether and I could not see him acting in such a deplorable manner.

109. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

OTK…Does that begin in a week??

110. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

If Cooks found guilty I would hope we would sign him once he gets out. Im sure Falcons fans are starting to wish they kept Vick. Imagine game planning for this….Roddy White, Julio Jones, Michael Turner, and Michael Vick?

111. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Yea Nova, Cooks courtdate is in a week. Why else would I be having * __Days* in my name?

112. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply
    “True, but theres no doubt the Viking Faithful would rally around him, me included. The only time I would say lock em’ up is if theyre terrible players. So if this happened to guys like Remi, Charlie Johnson, LaLoser Booker, and Cedric Griffin. I would hope they would be found guilty”. So, if Tom Brady beat his wife, you would support him, whereas, if the third-string fullback beat his wife, you would want him locked up……Have you ever heard the term ” double standard”?…..UNBELIEVEABLE.

113. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

March 5…I am sure that’s why Spencer has been counting his numbers down daily …Except it will not be the beginning to Cook’s “independence day”…It will soon be the beginning to Cook’s “incarceration days”…

114. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spencer told you first I see…: )

115. By Parody on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Titu s- You’re just showing early signs. Saying something just because you know it’s controversial, so you can get a reaction out of people. Spencer is right, it also has hints of Frederick Jones syndrome, but I’m sure that’s just a side effect of your inner psyche trying to hide the cues of the Spencer Syndrome.

116. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

You guys deal with him, my blood is boiling.

117. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

LOL, OT. ‘Cooks Independence Day’

118. By Parody on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Oh…that’s what 7 days meant/ I thought it was something important, like the beginning of free agency.

119. By Parody on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Nova – That’s exactly what I mean by Spencer Syndrome. It’s named after Spencer because he was the first person diagnosed with it. He’s in such a severe stage of it that he’s incurable. But for Titus, there’s still hope.

120. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Nova, I know its a double standard but I dont care. I wouldnt lose any sleep if the Vikings won with 53 criminals on the team.

121. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I dont understand all the backlash against..you guys do realize pretty much all GMs think like me? Why else do these Ex-cons get chance after chance?

122. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

*against me

123. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spencer…If Cook is truely innocent…I wish only the best for the guy…But if he is guilty…I want the guy to go too jail….Plain and simple…I could care less if he is a cornerback for the Mn Vikings…Or the president of the united states…Or one of my neighbors across the street…The legal system is in place for a reason…It’s not legal to strangle a woman…

124. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

You don’t understand all the backlash because you’re an idiot.

125. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

If Cooks guilty I want him to go to jail too. But if hes inoncent, it would be dumb to release him.

126. By Parody on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Nova – Just another case of Spencer Syndrome. Believe it or not, Spencer has what it takes to not be an idiot, but now it’s only possible if he remembers to take his perscription.

127. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

And Nova, im not dumb. If a player has talent but a criminal past, Owners, 9x/10, look past it…and give them another chance.

128. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Its about building a team thats able to win Superbowls.

129. By Parody on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spencer Syndrome Perscription: 1 smack upside the head.
    Take one, twenty-four times a day at even intervals. If the problem persists, take 1 before every time you attempt to communicate with another person. Continue until until cured, or the pain makes you blind.

130. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

And its a good thing owners think that way too. Because if you guys were running the Franchise, yall would have Gladly passed on Randy Moss in the 1st couple of rounds.

131. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, you are in favor of applying a double standard when it comes to character issues with football players. It is a fact that individuals who apply double standards pertaining to ethical and moral issues have substantially lower IQ’s and lower self-esteem than average people. You can argue that if you want, but you will be WRONG.

132. By Parody on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

….If the symptoms don’t start to improve after a month, consult your local psychosurgeon for a lobotomy.

133. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

LMAO Parody

134. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

An autopsy would cure it.

135. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Bottom line is simply this: What a player does on the field, matters more than what he does off the field.

I’ll go to my grave believing that. They are football players first, role models 2nd.

136. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

OTK … I believe in psychologists more than the jokestice system …. American Jokestice is nothing but another corporation sucking up as much money as possible with no concern for truth or facts …. its a 100% profitable corporation

137. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

If Janoris Jenkins is there for us in the 2nd round…I wouldnt hesitate to take him over Gilmore.

138. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I don’t care if you go to our grave believing in the Easter Bunny……JUST GO !

139. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

*your

140. By OTKalil2012 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Yes…GM’s give players a second chance….But those players have paid their debt to society…By going to jail…Cook hasn’t even been sentenced one way or another yet…If he is found innocent…He most likely will stay with the Vikings…Any type of jail sentence to a felony charge…And Cook is gone…And the Vikings get a compensatory draft pick for him….But I am not worrying about something I have no control over…And I persoanally don’t ever want to wish some persons fate for my own personal interests…guilty or innocent….I just hope the court finds out the truth…

141. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I think Titus has this one right people need help not more pain

pain causes pain … Cooks actions are nothing more than reactions to actions or reactions of his path from his starting point.

Charles Manson was born to a pro’stitute in prison and raised by the American Jokestice system. So as far as I can tell American Jokestice created Charles Manson

Imagine living your whole life knowing nothing about yourself considering we are all 1/2 of each of our parents and some of us are raised and get to know those parts

All of that being said Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking than Chris Cook

142. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spence Moss NEVER MISSED GAMES

Why do you keep bringing Moss’s name into Cooks issue ??????????????

143. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Shawn…Which is worse….Missing games due to injury, or Cowardly Quitting on the team?

144. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Moss has quit on himself, and the team multiple times. Thats 1000x worse than missing a game due to injury.

145. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Was Cook injured or are you once again living in LALA Land and ignoring the issues ?

Im done with this because you might have A.D.D…. YOUR WRONG SPENCER.

146. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Moss has an almost Hall of Fame resume … so again your in LALA Land.

147. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

You bash Cook for doing what he did to his Ex-Girl..and I fully get why you do that. But how in the HE|| do you praise a man that walked out on his teammates?

148. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spence your a tard … Moss is top 10 in all 3 major statistical categories for his position. That is worthy of some praise. What has Cook done ? O Yea nothing

149. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Thank You Shawn…You Proved my point. We as fans look past what a player has done in the past if they were good because thats what we primarly care about…what they did on the field. If they were great players, who cares if they had bad attitudes and were criminals.

150. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Can’t we put the Cook/Griiffin stuff to bed, already?

151. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Will this go on all off season? Spencer, seriously, are you over 18?

152. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

ok neither has really contributed to vikings success, although Griffin has more cred than Cook in that regard

153. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

LOL Spence have you been tested for ADD? I proved Moss shouldnt have to be in the same sentence as that done nothing never has been Chris Cook. As you keep trying to compare a HoF to a PoS

154. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

without a stadium, there will be no point in any of the vikings picks…….unless fans choose to follow the team to LA

155. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I want to move somewhere warmer but honestly LA is the last place I would consider– it would not even make my list– and that is no offense to anyone there, just don’t like it there.

156. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

22. And I dont want it to go all off-season. Cedric Griffin is without a doubt a better Viking than Cook. But Cook is a better player. Shawn thinks otherwise, so the war rages on.

157. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

AH– I thought so– you are very young.

158. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Live a while, you’ll learn.

159. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Pennsylvania Pioneers? Come to PA Minnesota! Tax isnt much of a problem like it is with those penny-pinchin Minnesotins.

160. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Cook POSSIBLY had more talent BUT was ARRESTED before his DEVELOPMENT……BUT Griiffin had tons of talent too, UNTILL 2 ACL surgeries…….so…..we may never REALLY know.
    Hows about a tie?

161. By Vikeman56 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I hope the rams keep the second pick and take matt kali. I want cailborne, secondary is number 1 proirity. Then i want riley rieff to fall into our hands in the second round. Then stephen hill or mcnutt in the third round. then the best dt in the fourt and secondary fot the rest of the way.

162. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Ive long wanted a truce between Shawn and I. But according to him Cook is a bust.

163. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

PA already has enough NFL………could not support 3 teams……

164. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Id like to point out … I got sucked into this today LOL. I have been ignoring him since his impersonation rampage. but once the Cook debate got started I jumped in to help my peeps

165. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Cook is a bust

166. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Cedric the Entertainer? What say you?

167. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

OK ladies and gentlemen…..the debate rages on……..

168. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Shawn, you never have to react– it is always your choice. You can ignore Spencer for the rest of your life, if you so choose. Self-control, buddy– please for the sake of all the sane bloggers. You can stop this.

169. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

UNLESS of course, you enjoy it. Then have at it.

170. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Id say the Vikings will be in Minnesota with the cheapest possible solution because MN politicians are semi tarded … and I dont want to start a political debate

171. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I didnt impersonate. And Shawn also thinks guys like Percy Harvin, Darren McFadden, and Bob Sanders are also busts.

172. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Cedric-
    Do you think that Wilfs are(as you put it) tarded too? They will make the best decision for them……..i.e profits……..

173. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

LaLaLand Spence I have never said Percy is a bust your making things up …

OK OK Im done …. Spence ignored

174. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Rock I believe the Wilfs have shown some real patience and as long as the stadium is built in MN I will have no ill will towards them

Clearly this whole thing come down to the people that hold political office in MN and some false ideologies amongst MN citizens

I mean when Miche11e Bachman is one of your states “leaders” it says something is wrong in MN

175. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

preaching to the choir Cedric….

176. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

but I don’t think the Wilfs will settle for lowb.a.l.l……they will sell team before that

177. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Miche11e Bachman…..NOW THAT IS SCARY,,,,,,,,,

178. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

eeeewwww!

179. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I so far like the Wilfs … and am just nearly hostile towards certain politicians over this issue and others

I just think the stadium will be built and it will be a nice stadium and after the dust settles everyone will be happy. It wont be the greatest stadium in the league but what can you do when you have to deal with the greed and selfishness in politics

180. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Cedric the Entertainer, Ladies and Gentlemen……let’s give him a round of applause…….

181. By Rocksalt on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Cedric.I have no beef with Wilfs…….they have made every effort to keep Vikes in MN, but bottom line they will not settle for less….Why should they?

182. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

But Shawn, according to your excellent wisdom- if a player is injury prone, then they are a bust no questions asked. And last time I checked, Percy is somewhat injury prone.

But anyways, why dont you want to end it? You cant even say Cook has potential.Youre hatred for him is causing you to not think straight.

I mean, you also said that Cook holding Vincent Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, and Larry Fitzgerald to 2 catches is “Nothing.” But yet you have the nerve to say im stupid? Im still amazed at that statement…holding Larry Fitzgerald to 2 catches is “Nothing.” Unreal.

Shawn, if Cook holding elite WR’s in this league to 2 catches or less qualifies as “Nothing” to you. Then Surely Jared Allen only racking up 3 sacks in the 4th Quarter is nothing, right?

183. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spencer wins!!!!

184. By sandiamond on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

griffin in one eye and cook out the other keeps me sane

185. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

But Cooks situation will have an outcome on how we draft. If hes innocent, then I think we should draft a WR in the 2nd round. But if hes found guilty, I would take a CB in that round. Just imagine Jenoris Jenkins and Chris Cook in our secondary? That would give WR’s nightmares.!

186. By sandiamond on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

identical catch of the best catch at the nfl combine

187. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Give MN’s single women nightmares too.

188. By Bigfan1 on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I don’t get where all the Luck hype came from, Griffith is a better QB, faster, Heisman, etc…I don’t think the Vikes should waste a #3 pick on another possible McKinney, get an offensive or defensive player who can make an immediate difference like Blackmon or Claiborne.

189. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Interesting take on what fellow Minnesota Vikings fan think. Apparently, I am not alone in regards to Cook…

190. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

YEAH!!! Another thinker. GET RG3!!! I know Spielman is licking his chops.

191. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

@Bigfan1

Its Griffin, not Griffith. And whose faster, Vince Young, or Jay Cutler? Who won the Heisman, Vince Young or Jay Cutler? Whose a better NFL Quarterback, Vince Young or Jay Cutler?

192. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

RG3 in Purple!!!

193. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

His face will turn purple if we draft him..

194. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Titus…Are you being serious? Is someone trolling your name?

195. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spence stop being a bold face liar .. you are trying to twist reality into your stupidity

Harvin has played in 45 of a possible 48 games and he has started 35 games in 3 years

Seriously stop trying to put words into my mouth … if you want to appear to be a tard fine but keep me out of it.

How in any sane persons mind can Percy, Moss, Peterson or anyone else you keep thinking of be compared to the 12 game 8 start in 2 season Cook???????

Cook is a bust !!!!!!!!!!!

196. By sandiamond on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Cook is really still a rookie shawn… good point

Somethings you just can’t let go… i’ll be obsessed with burfict still draft day and spence will be obsessed with cook till jumpsuit day

197. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Titus Spence wins nothing … this is the real world and in the real world Chris Cook is a bust. Hes done nothing

HE IS NOT INJURED …. AND SPENCE KEEPS SAYING HE IS INJURED

LaLaLand Spence loses on nearly every subject … a clear sign of modern day public education because the teachers had to pass him regardless of his incompetence

198. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Shawn, Percy may not miss a lot of games, but he does miss quarters. So yes..he is somewhat injury prone. Thus making him kind of a bust using your logic. Your the one that said if a player is injury prone, then theyre a bust.

Im not twisting your words. Im just seeing if your ‘system’ applies to other people.

199. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Shawn. Why is shutting down Bowe.VJacskon. and Larry Fitzgerald “NOTHING”??????

200. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

What more did you expect from him..to hold them catchless??

201. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Cedric AKA Shawn– I am highlighting how ridiculous and childish this whole “debate” has become when I said – Spencer wins!!!!– you are worrying me with how seriously you take all of this and how you allow others in your head. As crazy as Spencer sounds with his rationale, at least he maintains a cool head. Can’t you just let it go? Why do you have to keep responding to Spencer if it bugs you so much? One thing you learn with wisdom is you can only change yourself– not others, so don’t let it get to you.
    And no, I am not kidding about RG3.

202. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spencer probably giggles uncontrollably in his parents’ basement every time he gets a reaction.

203. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

lol Cook missed at least 40 quarters of football in 2011 and at least another 40 quarters in 2010

Cook has missed 80 quarters of football and your trying to compare him to Percy

204. By sandiamond on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

hate to burst your bubble Titus but _________> breaking news

205. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Ive never intended to get a reaction out of this. When I said Cook is the best corner on the team I expected people to agree, which they did. Except for you Shawn. I think when you ignorantly said Ced is better than Cook you did it to get a reaction.

206. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Titus … when he took my moniker and showed his ho’mophobia to everyone was that me taking it too seriously?

All Im saying is dont use my name when calling Percy because I didnt say it … Believe me Im not taking it too seriously and if Ced gets cut I will change my moniker to Asher Allen is a better MN Viking

207. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

*** When calling Percy a bust … left out 2 words

208. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spencer I did say it to get a reaction from you … and it worked. You keep bringing up Cook every single day …. I have went days without mentioning Griffin. LaLaLand Spence

209. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

People may not like him, but they seem to agree with me. Your one and only argument is that Cook is injury prone. Thats it!

Answer the question- Who was more of a liability on the field this year….Griffin or Cook?

210. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

*like me

211. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, Shawn, you are. Shawn, what are you going to do, drive to PA, hunt him down and send him to the bottom or the river? Show some maturity and ignore him. We are all tired of this back and forth on the same issue — I thought you were the one who could end it.

212. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

*of the river.

213. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

again Spence you have changed what ive said … I didnt say injury prone. I said hes a missed games guy. unreliable

O nevermind its the same argument over and over and your still wrong

214. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

I never bring up Cook. Im constantly provoked. And seriously? Asher Allen better than Cook???????

215. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Hes a missed games guy…who cares! Darren McFadden is a missed games guy too. So that makes Toby Gerhart better than him?

216. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Spencer, can’t you just SHUT THE H3LL UP?

217. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

God, you must get beat up a lot.

218. By Spencer *7 Days* on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

Nova, Im more than willing to end it. But Shawns too
    headstrong.

219. By Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

This is too much for me– maybe I ‘ll check back in around draft time.

220. By sandiamond on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

The Redskins cannot afford to wait until mid-march to evaluate Landry. If they wait and he turns out to still be injured, they will miss out on signing his replacement in free agency.

To be frank, Landry’s attitude does not merit a spot on this team. The arrogance and stubbornness which he has displayed has no place on the Washington Redskins.

If he wants to remain injury-prone, that is his choice. But there is no reason the Redskins should foot the bill for his poor decisions.

The ‘Skins should cut their losses on Landry and either sign his replacement (perhaps Tyron Branch, Brandon Meriweather or Tom Zbikowski to throw some names around) or begin to scout a safety for the 2012 NFL Draft.

221. By Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Viking aka Shawn on Feb 27, 2012 | Reply

LOL sandiamond … wait what ?

222. By sandiamond on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Sorry i was half asleep. Laron will not have surgery on that achilles that the redskins doctors ordered in Dec. Instead he did some other type of minor repair

223. By sandiamond on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Ton of teams in the nfl looking for backfield upgrades. The Vikings CAN NOT wait to pick DB’s in the middle/higher-rounds of the draft. Today marks a critical valuation of rookies for our defensive backfield

224. By Carl K on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

The Vikings are probably planning as if C Cook and Cederick Griffin will NOT be back for the 2012 season.

So this debate of who is better is meaningless and childish.

225. By Mike B. on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

I can’t believe you guys are fighting about Cook and Griffin. Neather played to probowl caliber last year. They both missed tons of tackles. Griffin coming off 2 major surgeries probably had a better excuse, but he chose to play in full time role. He sitll should have played a lot better. Cook showed some of the talent that Frazier has been bragging him up all year, but he missed tons of tackles in the cover 2 system. Now you have to deal with his off the field issues. The entire backfield could be fired and start fresh would be a good thing. I am sure Winfield will stay, but even he didn’t really have a great year and was injured again. Vikings Secondary was really bad and needs a bunch of new talent.

226. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

My Sacramento Kings FINALLY reached a deal on a new stadium to stay in Sacramento. Now I’m just waiting on the Vikings to reach a deal for their new stadium

227. By Mike B. on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

I like the last bit about the top 10 draft. I think it is the real deal. I think the Rams want to stay with their guy for QB, so trading to Washington or Cleveland and picking up Blackman is not a stretch. Once that move is done I don’t see the Vikings moving from that #3 pick. I think that the LT is such an issue on the team they probably pick Kalil. The draft is WR deep so they many address it in the 2nd or 3rd round. I don’t know how CBs FA, but as Mike W. says the team isn’t going to get in a bidding war for players. They are looking for youth on the team. This means no Moss or TO.

228. By Mike B. on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

I am not sure why the Colts have not made a decision about Manning. Are they going to wait up to the deadline on the bonus before cutting him? Is that deadline after FA? The team is built around Manning which means if the get Luck, they are definately in rebuilding mode.

229. By GrandDaddyPurp on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

The Browns would be dumb to move up 1 or 2 spots when they can just stay put and take Blackmon or Claiborne or Richardson.If the rams trade back with the redskins then the browns should definately take Blackmon since that is who the rams seem to want.

I’m all for staying at #3 and taking Kalil

230. By Carl K on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

agree sandiamond – But that is why I think it is a must for the Vikings to sign a blue chip FA corner or Safety

I think we need to draft Matt Kalil with the #3 pick.
    WR with #35 (Stephen Hill or Ruben Randle)
    SS Antonio Allen #65 or best CB available.

IMO, what the Vikings do in free agency will affect our second round pick.

231. By Spencer *6 Days* on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Well thats not good news. I see Brandon Carr as a Cowboy next season. There goes another top FA we wont sign…

232. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Hi. I am back again.

233. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Chris Cook and Cedric Griffin still running the show? Almighty Shawn and Spence. Can you guys just freaking end it. I’ve already ended my scene with Cedric and Cook.

234. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

It doesn’t matter anymore man. They are both a CB and they are playing for the Vikings. We shouldn’t be picking on each one of those two players. We are a Minnesota Vikings fans that support every single players on the Vikings team. Let it go.

235. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Spence- I know every efforts you are trying to say about Cook. I agreed he is a great CB and in his rookie year he didn’t get to play at all because of his injury. I agreed he is a freakish of a nature CB. He is probably one of a great CB we’ve drafted.

236. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Think about it. Shawn is feeding you like you are a chickens. He knows Cook is good and just flow with it. Let him wasted his breath about Cedric. The whole Nation of football knows Cedric is over. Now since Frazier is giving Cedric another chance, let Shawn watch the fool of Cedric on his 2nd chance. We are also giving Cook another chance too. Let Shawn bleed his eyes on the TV watching Cedric letting opponents WR get a easy touchdown. Let him learn Spence. Let him.

237. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Shawn- Comon dude when are you ever going to stop this immature plagues of this discussion. How old are you? 5? Are you enjoying every attentions Spence is hauling about Cook? Are you bored? Do you have a life? Every single person has spent so much time on here trying to talk about something different and you just continued to waste their opinions when you started on talking about Cedric and Cook. So freaking what! Get a life man. You are not going anywhere with this subject. Its rarded. Get over yourself man. Quit picking on Spence when you can’t get the facts right. You are forcing Spence to twist his words and then you make it a big deal out of it. Knock it off!

238. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Shawn- Spence has been giving you alot of credits on almost everything you’ve stated the last 3 freaking days. Not once you gave Spence a credit for, not ONCE! Comon dude you need to let someone have their opinions and at least show some supports in any of his comments about ANYONE. I dont see you ever give Spence a credits on anything. Spence gave you alot of credits and youre just being selfish. You do not own this bloggers and it is provided for each one of our opinions that support the Vikings. This is not Shawns bloggers. This is a Viking’s Bloggers. What parts dont you understand, Shawn? What is this Cedric Griffin is a better Minnesota Vikings as your nick name? It tells me you need attention. Do you need psychologial help with your A.D.H.D? They have medications for people who has attention problems you know that right? Do you even know what an A.D.H.D is?

239. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

If you really wanted the attentions about Cedric and Cook then why dont you just shut the hejj up and create your own website for everybody to debate upon to. Otherwise be quiet. Just shush and be quiet. Lets talk about something different other than Cook and Griffin. Jeesh. Are we even tired about this subject already? G0d d@mn.

240. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

MANKATO, Minn. (AP) – Chris Cook’s promising start to his rookie season with the Minnesota Vikings was derailed by knee problems – namely the same injury to each one.

He started his first training camp strong, using his 6-foot-2 frame and exceptional leaping ability to make a series of standout plays during practices. The second-round draft pick from Virginia was in line to be the third, or nickel, cornerback, and he appeared on his way toward a productive first year.

But then came the humbling moment – and the painful sequel.
    Cook first suffered a torn meniscus on his left knee during a preseason game Aug. 28 against Seattle, and after working his way back he tore the same cartilage on his right knee in a regular season game Sept. 26 against Detroit. He came back from that but never made it to full strength, and the Vikings finally placed him on injured reserve in December. He played in only six games last year, recording 21 tackles and two pass breakups.

“It was tough,” Cook said. “Those injuries kill your confidence. But missing those games really makes you want to come back.”
    Cook, listed at 212 pounds last year, said he’s lost about 10 pounds. Fully recovered from surgery, he’s trying to work his way back in the lineup. He’s been practicing with the second team, though during full-team drills, he’s been the extra cornerback in the nickel defense.

“He came back with a great attitude,” head coach Leslie Frazier said. “It’s unfortunate what happened to him last year with the injuries, but its a new year. Hopefully, he can avoid the injury bug. We know he’s got the talent.”

He added: “What he’s doing in practice, it really gives you some hope that he’s on course.”

Cook, the tallest of the Vikings’ cornerbacks, had a struggle during the offseason, too. He was arrested in early March, accused of pulling a gun on his mother’s neighbor in Virginia. He said he had gotten into a heated verbal exchange but that he didn’t pull out a gun. Cook was acquitted in May.

“It was just, `He said, she said,”‘ Cook said. “I never did what the guy said I did. I talked to coach Frazier, and he was like, `I know what type of guy you are, and I know you wouldn’t do something like that in front of your mom’s house.’ He was never really mad at me. He just told me I have to be smarter about the situations I put myself in.”

Cook said he’s regained full strength in both knees, and he’s made some eye-catching plays during camp so far, reminiscent of his rookie year.

“I feel good,” Cook said. “I’ve had another year in the system, and I know the language. I can just do my job.”

NOTES: After only one apparent injury during the first week of camp, a foot problem for backup LB and special teams contributor Kenny Onatolu, the Vikings have seen their list of training room visitors grow. TE Visanthe Shiancoe left Monday’s practice after hurting his hamstring. WR Percy Harvin sat out of a portion of the workout with sore ribs. G Steve Hutchinson missed some plays because of a sore shoulder. S Tyrell Johnson also sat out, the result of a hamstring injury suffered Saturday. Backup S Simeon Castille had an undisclosed injury and did light running on an adjacent practice field. Backup DE Adrian Awason was sick and did not practice. Frazier said he expects Shiancoe and Harvin back “in a short time” but acknowledged the importance of being careful about a hamstring injury like Shiancoe’s. … Frazier said CB Cedric Griffin, recovering from an ACL tear in his knee for a second straight year, one on each knee, won’t play in the first preseason game Saturday at Tennessee. Frazier stopped short of declaring Cook the starter for the game, however, saying he still wants to evaluate Asher Allen and others.

241. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Now Shawn you said Cook has never had an injury? You said he never showed up on the field? How rarted are you? Did I just explain this to you that he tried to showed up on the field? Read the whole paragraphs 10 times and then tell me what does it say. I dont want to hear your opinions, I want you to tell me what does that articles say. Let me help you with your reading. I’ll give you a hints. Cook injured in preseason on his rookie year right? Cook came back after the preseason and tried his best to play until December. How many games he has missed dued to his injuried? 10 games! He played first 6 games until his knees blew out in December. The Vikings had to put him on Injured Reserved. Tell me what lines of the paragraphs that says Cook is put on Injured Reserved.

242. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Now lets talk about Cook 2nd year which is in 2011. The one I talked about up above was his rookie year. All year up above is his rookie year. Now this is the 2nd year, the 2011! Let me help you understand the concepts of what Cook has done in 2011.

243. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

MINNEAPOLIS – Minnesota Vikings cornerback Chris Cook was arrested early Saturday on domestic battery charges, and the team said Cook, who has started the past three games, will not play this weekend against the Green Bay Packers.

The 24-year-old Cook was arrested without incident after someone called 911 around 2 a.m. to report hearing people across the street yelling and screaming, Eden Prairie police spokeswoman Katie Beal said.

The second-year pro was booked on two charges, including one count of domestic assault, and was being held without bail Saturday at Hennepin County jail, according to online records. Prosecutors have 48 hours in which to charge Cook, who has a court hearing scheduled for Monday morning.

Bob Hagan, the Vikings’ spokesman, said Cook has been ruled out of Sunday’s game against unbeaten Green Bay. Earlier, the team issued a statement saying it didn’t plan to comment about the arrest until it could learn more about what happened.

“We take this matter very seriously and are still gathering all the details of the incident,” the Vikings said.

Earlier this year, Cook was accused of pulling a gun on a neighbor in his home state of Virginia. A judge found him not guilty of a misdemeanor count of brandishing a firearm, saying there was insufficient evidence to convict him.

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier had a talk with Cook in the offseason to reiterate the importance of staying out of trouble off the field, and the second-year player emerged as perhaps the most reliable cornerback on the field during the team’s 1-5 start. At 6-foot-2, he has the size to match up with taller receivers and the speed to keep up with smaller ones.

The loss of Cook for Sunday’s game against the pass-heavy Packers is a huge blow to the Vikings’ already depleted secondary. Cornerback Antoine Winfield is listed as doubtful with a neck injury and starting safety Jamarca Sanford likely is out with a concussion.

Cook has started in Winfield’s place over the last three games opposite Cedric Griffin, who has yet to return to his old form while coming off his second torn ACL in the last two years.

Without Cook, Asher Allen will likely step into the starting role with Marcus Sherels moving into the nickelback spot, giving the Vikings two of their top three cornerbacks under 5-foot-10. Rookie Brandon Burton also could be activated to provide some depth against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers, who run a wide-open passing attack that floods the secondary with receivers.

Even before the incident with Cook, Frazier said his short-handed secondary would be challenged against their undefeated division rivals.

“They do a lot of four- and five-wideout sets; more so than most teams that you play,” Frazier said on Friday. “You would like to have all hands on deck, but the guys that are going to play are going to be ready to go and we are going to need them to step up and play big for us.”

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved)

244. By NovaScotiaVike on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply
    Chris Cook and Cedric Griffin still running the show? Almighty Shawn and Spence. Can you guys just freaking end it. I’ve already ended my scene with Cedric and Cook………………..AND THEN YOU WRITE 10 STRAIGHT POSTS ABOUT WHO????……..CHRIS COOK……….GOD HELP US.

245. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Shawn- After the second season of 2011. Cook has started 3 games coming off the injury from 2011. According to his behvaior out side of the Vikings, he has caused terrible mistakes by strangling his ex gf. Not that I am proud of it but that is what gets him supsended the rest of the season. It still does not quailfy your discrections about how he does not want to show up on the field.It is because he is forced to be suspended. If he was never suspended, he would of been on the field the rest of the season! Now all in 9 games Cook has played, how many tackles does he have? How many break up the pass does he have? Now lets go to Cedric Griffin. I know Cedric Griffin has played alot of games in his first 2 years in his career but lets break it up. Take away all of the games that he has played in his first 2 years and make it the first 9 games he has played. (The first 9 games). How many tackles does he make? How many break up pass does he made? You tell me Shawn.

246. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Thats right Nova. Im trying to shut them both down so the subject goes away.

247. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

If Shawn can read then this subjects will end.If he refused to read and continue with his imgainations about these two CBs then he is purposely doing it to continue to rants his fictions about these two CBs.

248. By LarsonFamily on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Now since I know you wont read it because you know you are wrong, I’ll make it simple. Lets break it up.

Chris Cook started 5 games out of 6 games -rookie season- (2010) 21 tackles, 21 solos, 5 Assists, and 2 Pass Break up.

Chris Cook started 3 games out of 6 games in (2011) 17 tackles, 16 solos, 3 Assists and 4 Pass Break up.

In 12 games Cook has played on the field- 41 tackles, 33 solos, 8 assists, and 6 Pass Break up.

Lets go look at Cedric Griffin.
    Cedric Griffin has started 7 games out of 14 games -rookie season- (2006) 43 tackles, 38 solos, 5 assists, 10 Pass Break up along with 2 interceptions.

In 14 games Griffin has played on the field- 43 tackles, 38 solos, 5 assists, 10 Pass Break up along with 2 interceptions.

Cedric Griffin has played 2 more games than Chris Cook and the tackles are almost even. Cook has 41 tackles and Griffin has 43 tackles. Cook has 33 solos and Griffin has 38 solos. Cook has 8 assists and Griffin has 5 assists. Cook has 6 Pass Break up and Griffin has 10 Pass Break up.

Remember Griffin has played 2 more games than Cook. If Cook played 2 more games his numbers are going to be higher than Cedric Griffin.

Game over Shawn. Now give Spence some credit because you are the most greedy bloggers in the history of Vikings Blogs!!!

-Larson

249. By Stoney on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

I actually hope both Cook & Griffin get cut so I don’t have to see this anymore! You guys are harshing my buzz!

250. By Spencer *6 Days* on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Dam Larson, you wrote a book.

251. By Derrick.G on Feb 28, 2012 | Reply

Chris Crook, doesnt have any ints.

252. By Jon on Mar 3, 2012 | Reply

@ Granddaddy Purp. Ponder was not more accurate than Joe Webb last season, not by a long shot. I don’t think you were watching the same games as the rest of us were. Webb is a better athlete and better quarterback and look to see the same thing that happens every year for the Vikings.. that being a quarterback controversy after week 5 and possibly a change in qb late in the season when it’s too late already.

Whoever it was that said we should trade Ponder for pick 2 overall in the draft too, LOL don’t we wish. Nobody is really lining up to get Ponder in case you haven’t noticed. We would have to give up way too much for that pick, not worth it. Take a cornerback with first pick, for the love of god. One amazing left tackle isn’t going to save the vikings’ line. One shutdown corner, like the one from LSU, COULD however be a gamechanger.I’m so tired of seeing the vikings have one of the worst pass defenses in the nfl, it’s been going on for only a decade now.. they have no choice but to beef up the secondary and defensive line. I hope they make smart decisions for once this year, that’s all I have to say.

253. By Jon on Mar 3, 2012 | Reply

Larson Family,

I think your post touches on something else, and that is the fact that BOTH Cook and Griffin are very injury prone. Especially Griffin, good god get rid of Griffin. With Cook it could be a fluke and he could not get injured for 3 more seasons after this, who knows. With Griffin, you KNOW he will be injured, you just don’t know exactly WHEN.

Keep Cook at nickle or dimeback just so you aren’t shorting yourself at CB position like the vikes always seem to do (because Griffin is one of those corners maybe?). Take the corner from LSU or another shutdown corner first pick overall, get rid of Griffin, and that right there improves your secondary by a lot you’d think.

254. By Jon on Mar 3, 2012 | Reply

Wow I made the mistake of scrolling up and having to see some of the Cook Griffin debate.

What a waste of webspace, these guys are both scrubs why are you guys talking about two guys who aren’t ever going to have a positive impact on the team when there are a lot of good prospects they could choose this year.

I think Joe Webb could play corner better than either of them. He certainly is less afraid of taking a hit than they are, mistackling numb skulls.