Jared Allen Named First-Team All-Pro By Associated Press

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 6, 2012 – 1:00 pm

Jared Allen had the best season of his career and the best season we’ve seen from a defensive end in a long time in 2011, and he’s earning recognition for it, too. Allen was named to his 4th career Pro Bowl in late December and now the Associated Press has announced that Allen was named a First-Team All-Pro.

This marks the 4th time Allen has been named an All-Pro (2007, 2008, 2009, 2011) and it comes after the most productive season of his career. Allen had a Vikings single-season franchise record and NFL-leading 22.0 sacks, while also tallying 4 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recoveries, 1 INT and 1 safety. We made the case last week that Allen should be named the NFL’s Defensive Player of the Year, and making the AP’s First-Team All-Pro team is another good indication that he’ll garner serious consideration for that honor as well.

Allen received 49 of a possible 50 first-place votes, which means the only thing more amazing than his performance on the field in 2011 is the fact that someone with a vote didn’t deem Allen worthy of First-Team All-Pro honors.

Congratulations to Jared Allen on another well-deserved honor!

Tags:

314 Responses to “Jared Allen Named First-Team All-Pro By Associated Press”

1. By Rogerthevikefan on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

According to NFL.com former Bucs HC Raheem Morris will be interview for the Vikings DC. If he gets the job CB Ronde Barber may wish to become a Viking if he doesn’t retire. Which would fill the Vikings quote of elderly football players.

2. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Jared Allen: 16 First Half Sacks: 6 2nd Half Sacks.
    -4th Quarter Sacks…..3

Demarcus Ware: 9 First Half Sacks:10.5 Sacks
    -4TH Quarter Sacks……7

Aldon Smith: 3 First Half Sacks: 11.0 2nd Half Sacks.
    -4th Quarter Sacks…….8.5

Terrell Sugs: 5 First Half Sacks: 9 2nd Half Sacks
    -4th Quarter Sacks……6

Jason Babin: 9 First Half Sacks: 9 2nd Half Sacks
    -4th Quarter Sacks…..6

3. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I will no longer talk about Jared Allen now. I want to hear some apologies now.

4. By Deertracks on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Mike W.. Always nice to read something good, instead of gloom and doom…It was really great to have watched J. Allen and some of the other GOOD players this last year…

Maybe they can pick right up where they left off…

Spense: I guess some other persons did’t think it wasn’t so bad Allen took a break in all those 4th quarters, huh…Thanks Allen…Now if the OTHER Allen would just step up….

5. By Bigfan1 on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

It’s amazing he had his best year and the team had their worst year, it was unfortunate that both had to coincide, but congrats Jared to a well deserved award and you should definitely get D most valuable player in the NFL this year.

6. By Deertracks on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Rogerthevike…Will Barber bring his walker with him, or will he use the one Loadholt has?

7. By Twoodsnvikes on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Deertracks: agreed. also why we should trade allen while we can still get some picks for him in rebuilding mode

8. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Who was the clown that didnt think he Allen was First Team All Pro Worthy? Even I believe Jared deserved it..

9. By Twoodsnvikes on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Should up his trade value

10. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Why do you want Jared Allen traded?

11. By animal26 on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I cant believe that some of you are dissing Barber. He still has game in him and can still play at a high level for a few more years I believe. The Vikings would be very lucky to have him be apart of our secondary. Since it’s looking more and more likely, that we will be getting rid of Cedric Griffin and Chris Cook. The Secondary will need all the help it can get.

12. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Vikings fire DL coach Dunbar

The purge has begun. Per KFAN’s Common Man Dan Cole, the Vikings have canned defensive line coach Karl Dunbar. Under Dunbar’s leadership, beginning in 2006 when he came on-board with Brad Childress, the Vikings consistently fielded one of the best D-lines in the league. Pat Williams’ decline and ultimate departure diminished the team’s rush defense dominance, but even without Fat Pat the Vikings had one of the better front fours in the league in 2011. Much of that can of course be credited to Jared Allen who challenged Michael Strahan’s sack record, finishing with 22.

13. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Im confused by Dunbars firing … our DL was pretty good. Shouldnt it be the DB coach geting fired?

14. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

5 DBs were on I.R this year…

15. By Northern Norsemen on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Not sure why Dunbar was fired because i was a fan of his coaching

16. By Northern Norsemen on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Call me crazy but I am starting to think that the Vikings should draft Robert Griffin III if he is there at #3.

Yeah we got Ponder and yeah we got Webb BUT like I said many times on here that the Vikings need to hit HOME RUNS in their draft selections.

Of course I have preferences and opinions on what positions/players that the Vikings need to draft to help them succeed BUT if he is a HOME RUN…… take him.

I do not care who, from where, at what position,………. if he is a HOME RUN selection that can be a dynamic game changer and help lead the team to victories….. do not hesitate to take such a player.

I am really seeing RGIII as that HOME RUN.

17. By Viking33 on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@ Northern Norseman – we may need to Draft RG3 with our pick for sure and maybe another QB with our second pick as well. We will need to go into the season with at least 5 QB’s on our Roster because they will get killed again behind our O-Line!! Draft O-Line man….just draft an O-Line

18. By Viking33 on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Also to note Norseman – I do love me some RG3 also, but I don’t think anyone will eat the Ponder egg off their face and draft him. I hate hindsight, although I don’t know why because I am a genius at second guessing people, but we should have drafted the O-Line last year #12 and then now draft RG3 this year…..see what I mean, genius!!

19. By Viking33 on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I am happy for Jared Allen – always been a fan!!! Keep it going in 2012 Jared and lets hope the rest of the team brings it up to the bar you are setting. Don’t worry though about that 4th quarter Spence thing though. He is confused and thinks you are playing Basketball, where the only thing that matters is the 4th quarter.

20. By Viking Joe on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Thanks Spence for the breakdowns regarding the sacks !! Good Job Jared, heck of a year !!!

21. By Northern Norsemen on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Viking33

Ha na I agree with what you said. Im just saying that if through the combine, pro-days, interviews, player evalution, and come draft day…….. if he is so amazing and the NFL consensus is that Griffin is without a doubt the real deal….. I would lean towards drafting him.

Don’t let all that get you mixed with what I really want…………… OT Matt Kalil.

He is the number one prospect I would want on this team. If Kalil is not there then Id say trade down. Since Luck is practically going number one and if Kalil is gone (you do the math…. only spot he could possibly be gone at is Rams at 2) the 3rd selection will be getting offers from all over since now that Landry Jones has decided to go back to school leaving RGIII as the only potential QB star left on the board. That would make the Vikings spot very valuable and get many draft selections in return.

If Matt Kalil is not at 3……………… TRADE DOWN!!!!!!!

22. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Spence – You won’t get any apology from me. All your research says is that you are too one-dimensional in your analysis.

Let’s break it down, Jared had the second most sacks in NFL history. You can’t do that by playing half-assèd. It seems more likely that Jared was pushing himself as hard as possible right from the beginning, beating on his endurance and making more difficult to be double and triple team blocking schemes towards the end of the game as he got more tired. How long can you do an all-out sprint for?

Another fact for consideration is that our team lost many close games. When it’s getting close to the end of a close game and your team is leading, passing can be frowned upon. Incomplete pässes stop the clock and give the oppositioin more time to put together a comeback. So more often than not, teams would rely on their running game in the 4th quarter to finish us off. Just thinking about it that way makes you wonder, would Jared have gotten more sacks if our offense were more capable of scoring in the second half?

23. By Calim on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Allen doesn’t have many 4th quarter sacks because it is rather difficult to sack when the opposing team doesn’t have to bother throwing considering they are winning at the beginning of the last quarter.

24. By Deertracks on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Parody: The answer is YES!

25. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Norseman – I have to disagree on RG3. Regardless of how good he is, another QB is not going to make any positive impact on this team. We need to use early picks in the draft to improve on the weak spots of the team, and right now QB is not one of them.

However, I agree with your position on Kalil. If the Rams take him, trade down and add to the OL with a slightly later pick. Knowing how likely it is for St Louis to draft Kalil, this makes me want RG3′s stock to skyrocket in the next few months. Last year the Falcons gave up two firsts, one second and two fourth round picks for the right to get a WR early in the draft. Playmaking QBs are likely the most coveted position in the draft, so we could hold the potential to take in even more than the Falcons gave up for the rights of Julio Jones.

26. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Calim – Thanks for giving everyone the cliffnotes of my comment about Jared. Sometimes I get a little wordy!

27. By Viking33 on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@ Calim – Excellent point! I guess what Spence is saying is that Allen would truly be great if he can sack that QB before he hands off the ball to the RB in the 4th quarter. Another point is that by the 4th quarter the other team has figured out that a blindfolded QB can chuck it down the field against our secondary, so Allen has no time to get there – 3 step – 5 step – 7 step drop ball gone…..

28. By CaribooBill on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Interesting point about Spence’s comments – 3 out of 4 of the other guys are linebackers, not linemen.
    Does anyone know if those guys are in a 3-4 defense?

29. By Calim on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Ravens, 49ers and I believe Cowboys play a 3-4 defense.
    I don’t know about the Eagles.

30. By Viking33 on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Right on Norseman / Parody I like your thinking there with the draft order / selections – we are of the same mind on that.

31. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Spence, here is some extra support to my argument that being behind in the 4th quarter makes a difference in the sack count, using your examples. You’ll note that all of the teams they played for achieved many more wins than the Vikings, (+5 or higher).

DeMarcus Ware – Dallas – 1 game away from winning the division.

Aldon Smith – 49ers – Earned 1st-round bye in the playoffs.

Terrell Suggs – Ravens – Earned 1st-round bye in the playoffs.

Jason Babin – Eagles – Like the Cowboys, also 1 win less than the division leader.

32. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Calim – I would be willing to bet that the Eagles use a 4-3 defense. Babin is the one other DE in the group. I don’t think that you often hear of high sack counts from 3-4 DEs.

33. By Viking33 on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Eagles run a 4-3 Defense for sure, with the Wide 9 DE technique that we heard so much about this year.

34. By Viking33 on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Another point is that since Jared beats them so bad early on in the game, the other team makes adjustments to enusre he is not a factor later in the game. We saw that repeatedly in games this season, TE’s and backs chipping and blocking Jared in the second half that had not done so prior in the first half. Perhaps he should sit back and not play so well early and save it for the 4th quarter. We can ask him if he can do that, but I don’t think he will listen.

35. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Spence has heard all this already– he either just wants to rile the fanbase and gain attention OR he does not comprehend.

36. By VegasVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Spence, please do a study of what percentage the opposing team passed on the Vikings vs. ran the ball per quarter. I think you will find your answer.

37. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I just realized — no more Vikings games.

38. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I hope the Packers are eliminated in their first game.

39. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Guys, there was no need to respond to my comment. Im no longer talking about Jared Allens Non-clutchness because even I am tired of talking about it. I just wanted to leave off with the Stats, and not with opinions.

40. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Wow. Brady Quinn was taking first team reps in practice away from Tebow. Im so happy. I cant stand the Piece Of S— Quarterback that is Tim Tebow.

41. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Geaux Brady Quinn!

42. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

The only thing about Tebow that bugs me is the media’s insistance on blowing his religious practices out of proportion. so the guy prays a lot, big whoop. I don’t recall the media tearing apart other players for pointing to the sky (i.e God) after a TD. If the media weren’t so relentless about the “story” nobody would care.

Personally, I find Rogers’ celebration much more disturbing, pretending to put on a WWE championship belt after doing anything noteworthy. Everybody knows that the WWE is completely fake, and that the results are predetermined. Not to mention, the “atheletes” are just actors who aren’t good enough to get jobs as stunt doubles. All that says to me is that Rogers doesn’t know what the actual award is in the NFL! If he had a brain, he’d be pushing a ring over his finger instead.

43. By paul on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

The breakdown by Spence clearly shows the impact of the Vikings constantly being behind. If the Vikings had been in a more competitive position the opponents would have been compelled to throw in the second halves – Allen may have had 30 sacks!

44. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I was fairly sure that Spence has had some sort of breakdown.

45. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Heck, had a great secondary and put in Peppers on the other side, Allen would have 100 sacks. Forget this 22 business. That should be the focal point of the next two years– get ‘er done Spielman and Fred Jones!

46. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Dunbar said he wasn’t able to diagnose the root cause of the Vikings’ 3-13 freefall.

“I’m a position coach,” he said. “I’m not a coordinator. I’m not a head coach. When I look at what I did with the Minnesota Vikings, my piece of the puzzle was to make the defensive line play as well as they could. We played well against the run. I think we finished No. 11 against the run. And we finished No. 1 in sacks. And the guy I coached led the league in sacks with 22 on a team that really didn’t have a lead the last eight games of the year. So I thought that was my piece of the puzzle. I can’t worry about running backs, defensive backs, receivers, linebackers. When you do it, you focus on your job, put your piece of the puzzle in and go from there.”

this move really baffles me …. Mike Wobs ???? Is there any hope for us fans to have a good team when our head coach has no clue where the problems are?

47. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Mike Wobschall ???? Is there any hope for us fans to have a good team when our head coach has no clue where the problems are?

We have the worst secondary in Viking history …. and we fire the DL coach ????

Someone explain the insanity. We dont have LBs that are known for sacks so our DL basically carried our defense to a #1 ranking and the coach got fired ???

I may leave the Frazier support wagon soon this just looks like the dumbest move since Randy Moss was cut ….

48. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Mike Wobschall … whats wrong with this organization?

49. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

^Everything. From Top to Bottom.

50. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@ Shawn…….The only reason that I can think of is some sort of personality conflict, but don’t expect Wobschall to expound on that .

51. By gubber on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Congrats to Jared. Completely and totally desreving of this award. Fortunately it also helps us in regards to his value to us on the open market as far as procuring several high draft picks or proven players to fill our gaping holes. Along with dropping down a few places in the draft if possible and drafting even more high quality players and we could make a real huge change in personnel in one off-season.

52. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Nova … I dont expect Mike to tell us anything except what a wonderfull team we have that for no tangible reason fell to 3-13. Clearly we were robbed only getting 1 player to the pro bowl. Ironically it was a DL that will be the only Viking representation in the pro bowl and Our great organization fires the DL coach.

53. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

LOL … this whole article / blog was written to praise our 1 pro bowler from a DL that ranked 1st in sacks …. and we fire the DL coach on the same day. WTF ?

54. By Bigfan1 on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Looks like the Vikes will be getting a new D coordinator, they’re already interviewing the former Bucs head coach for the position.

55. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

When I first heard about it, I thought that the commentator must have meant the O-line coach.

56. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Mike Wobschall … Did Karl Dunbar refuse to feed the catering to his dog ????

57. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

yea its really odd …. we still have the same secondary coach, why? the secondary was awfull. has Frazier watched the games?

58. By Billy on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I would like to know the one idiot who did not vote for Jared Allen. He lines up in the same place every down and still gets the sack lead. demarcas ware lines up all over so teams can not game plane for where he will be and he looks for the weekest spot. Babit in Philly plays a wide nine and manytime has a tightend blooking him. Then on a team as bad as the Viking are this year to play with that much heart. Ya what was the onee voter thinking and must be from Texas !!!!!!!

59. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

God, maybe Spence has a vote ???????

60. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

If you were to eliminate Jared Allens sack total from our team. The Vikings would still be ranked 16th in the NFL.

We would be ranked 16th in the NFL in sacks without any sacks from the RE position …. and we fire the DL coach ??????????

61. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

LOL oops ignore last post … bad math. wed be ranked 31st

62. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

LOL nova that was my first thought

63. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Shawn, can you give me two 20′s for a 10???LLLOOOOLLLLLL

64. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

lol shuddup :)

65. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Whens the next presser? Somebody need to ask Frazier if hes watched a Viking game and if so has he noticed how bad the secondary is … Frazier must not know he just needs to be told !!!!!!!!!

66. By Calim on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I wouldn’t worry for Dunbar, the guy should find a job before the end of the month with what he’s done for the Vikings. But yeah, it’s quite strange to see that specific coach go considering the Dline was pretty consistent all season long after being downgraded from last year.

67. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I wonder what Allen thinks about this……you are right Shawn, how hilarious is this, considering the heading of this article.

68. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Is it possible that Dunbar made a guarantee that the run defense wouldn’t stagger without re-signing Pat Williams? The team did lose its chances for a comeback in a couple of games when the defense wasn’t able to stop the other team from running out the clock on the ground…

Still, I don’t agree with the move, especially considering how much leeway that Frazier gave to Berrian after years of non-production. I think Dunbar was the best position coach we had. II had expected to see a big increase in the production of the LBs after we signed Singletary, but the DLine was the only portion of the defense that impressed me all year. Hopefully we’ll be seeing news that the entire defensive coaching staff is going to be replaced soon.

69. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Maybe it’s a hint that the Vikings are looking to trade Allen? What good is Dunbar going to be if you sell away his prize athelete? Griffen has been training on Allen’s side of the line, and he hasn’t looked half bad at times, so one can only wonder.

70. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Parody, I think in those few games that you mentioned, the defense was just worn out. That will happen when your secondary keeps on giving up 3rd and 12′s.

71. By Bigfan1 on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Is the Viking organization a culture of losing or what they’re interviewing a coach for the D coordinator job with one more win than the Vikes. Why aren’t they targeting D coaches from Alabama or LSU two of the best college defenses in the country? It’s kind of funny, losing coaches go from one team to another with the new team expecting something different. I wonder how the interviews go?

72. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

lol maybe Frazier see those 3rd and 12s being the responsibility of the DL. maybe Frazier thinks we should get a sack on every play

NAH it had to be the catering

73. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Any, a quick impromptu pool…..Who are this week-ends winners? Let’s see how good you guys all are at prognosticating……I like the Bengals, Saints, Falcons and Steelers.

74. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

yea i dont get the Raheem for DC either his defense was ranked 30th and ours was 21st … Im just baffled

When I first heard about Raheem I thought DB coach and I was excited … but DC?

75. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

The team can wait to see where Dunbar ends up, and offer a trade to that team knowing all too well that coaches like to take their former players with them to their new jobs. Case in point, Vikings: Bevell & Favre; Seahawks: Bevell & Jackson+Rice; Vikings: Frazier & McNabb; Vikings: Childress & Baskett+Lewis.

76. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Maybe Frazier is confused about 1st and 32nd … ???

77. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Anyone know when the next presser is?

78. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Nova – It’s just speculation. I think the decision was an act of madness, so I’m trying to give some reason to the madness.

79. By Dueyz on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@ Northern Norsemen

I doubt your suggestion will be a popular one, and I doubt it will go down that way. But I’ve considered it also, and I wouldn’t be too upset if we did use our #3 to select and keep a home run hitter.

We all know how much more value would come with a trade. But here’s the question; Do we believe that we’re good enough to use the traded #3 pick value to be a contender? If not, then we’ve already accepted that next year is rebuilding. If so, why not keep a superstar and make good decisions throughout the rest of the draft. We don’t know that we’ll have that chance the following draft(at least we hope not, lol) That makes this a RARE opportunity to acquire special talent. And we would essentially have 2 drafts before we expect a .500 team or better. Plenty of wiggle room to scoop up other talent that we feel we lost in this trade. Again, this is not my suggestion, but I agree that there is merit. And at this point, I’m willing to consider many strategies for the upcoming draft.

80. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Parody, there had to be some “bad blood” there somewhere.

81. By sandiamond on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Hope it is soon so Spielman &co can get on that plane to NO

82. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Nova – I’d agree with your predictions there. However, I’d give the Lions a chance at beating the Saints, but since it’s a road game that chance is slim. I’d also prefer that the Broncos beat the Steelers, but that seems highly unlikely.

83. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Nova I also like your picks in my head but my heart roots for the Lions. I like a loveable loser …. plus the ex Viking Burleson

84. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Sandiamond … the plane to NO?

85. By Calim on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

As far as we know, a guy like Kalil could be enough to hugely improve the Vikings offense. As bad as its looking right now, I don’t think the team has that many holes, mostly two big ones in the OL and DB. It looks possible to fix the biggest issues just with free agency and the draft, which wouldn’t justify trading stars like Allen, who’s one of the only Vikings players with actual trade value at this point.

86. By sandiamond on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

San Fran Hou Atl Baltimore….

87. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Nova – Definitely some kind of bad blood. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dunbar was vocal about his opinions. I’m sure he was begging for Nick Fairley in the draft, and instead the team reached for a QB, who has yet to show that he was worth the gamble. That could have easily been enough to spark a feud.

88. By sandiamond on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Monday night BCS champ 16+ draft players in 1 game

89. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Sandia – were those your predictions for this week? If so, you need to take another look at them. Baltimore and San Fransisco both have a bye this week. Here is the schedule:

Bengals at Texans
    Steelers at Broncos
    Lions at Saints
    Falcons at Giants

90. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Parody, I think Sandiamond was hoping, based on your history of coaches wanting their old players, that those teams would be great to deal with.

91. By sandiamond on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

oops Broncos and the Lions this weekend!

92. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Then Again, I’ve got a great buzz.

93. By sandiamond on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

heck no, that’s not a wallet prediction!

94. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

The Saints are -11, but have averaged 41 pts. per game at home this year. I can see the Lions getting blown out, and Suh getting at least one personal foul.

95. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I hate the Saints. They broke my heart. F— Brees, Porter, and Hartley.

96. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

We should of blown that team out. AP fumbled, Berrian fumbled, Percy fumbled, and Favre threw picks. Thats the last time I cried over a loss.

97. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

So what if Leslie were seriously considering adjusting to a 3-4 defense? I think that would provide good reason to make some big changes to the coaching staff, including the release of Dunbar. Then the trade of Jared Allen makes a lot of sense too. His trade value will never be higher than it is this year, and his skills qualify him as a 4-3 DE much more than a 3-4.

I would assume that the team would then move Kevin Williams out to one end, working out Ballard and Robison on the other side and finding a NT in free agency. Then Griffen’s skillset can be maximized by using him as the blitzing LB.

The more I think about, the more sense this makes. In a division that is so focused on passing, we need to find a way to combat it, and the 3-4 defense has long been touted as the solution to this need.

98. By Calim on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Or maybe Jared could be moved to OLB in a 3-4 defense in that case ? It seemed to work quite well for Mario Williams in Houston.

99. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

but how does raheem fit into that theory? because i was going through the same quesstions but raheem is a 4-3 cover 2 guy …. which blows up the 3-4 theory

100. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Calim – Possible, but I think that a trade makes more sense. It signifies a rebuilding year, helping the team to get younger and make more use of the young talent they already have (i.e. Everson Griffen, who has been described as “one of the rare physical freaks that come around only once in a blue moon.”)

101. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Jared Allen would not be as good in a 3-4. Do you guys watch football?

102. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Whatever the reason, I bet Jared Allen is just shaking his head right now.

103. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

After all, when you were advertising that you planned on taking the team to the Super Bowl and end up with a 3-win season, then I think it’s time to start eating crow and make some major changes throughout.

104. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Shawn – Has Raheem been signed yet? I don’t think that Pagac has even officially been released yet, so the team is probably only just starting to look at their possibilities. I think we would all be much happier if Raheem wasn’t signed in Dunbar’s place anyways, so all the better.

105. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Unbelievable, As if the Steelers weren’t hurt enough, their RB coach is now in a medically-induced coma, with burns over 30% of his body following a house fire. That could work either way on the Steeler’s psyche.

106. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Parody … Ive been through those scenarios as well. I even thought maybe Pagac becomes the DL coach for the 3-4 …. Does Ohio State run a 3-4? IDK

It still doesnt explain Raheem Morris interview …

107. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I think it makes the most sense to promote Singletary to the defensive coordinator position. It makes perfect sense if the team is converting to a 3-4 system, which is what he coached with all the teams prior to the Vikings. Then the team would likely see a complete overhaul of positions coach, with Dunbar already gone, someone needing to fill in as linebacker coach, and the DB coach as the biggest underperformer of the group.

108. By sandiamond on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Stated a high level defensive coaching position… not many choices shawn?

109. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Shawn – I don’t understand how you think Pagac would move to DL coach. He has been a linebacker coach his entire career, but I seriously doubt that he’d accept a demotion within the same team to any position. Has any coach ever accepted such a move?

110. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

NFL . com confirmed it as the Defensive coordinator position

111. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

LOL parody I said IDK , Im trying to figure it out … If Singleterry became DC then yes Pagac at LB could be an option … Im not coming at you in a I know better than you mode . Im coming at you with a help me figure it out mode

Seems you might be taking me wrong

112. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I was trying to figure out why Pagac might be around … he came from Ohio state and if they run a 3-4 maybe pagac was going to fill dunbars spot because I know Singleterry isnt and I know raheem isnt … and pagac as of right now is still on the staff

113. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Did you ever wish that a GIANT, 8,000,000,000 ton weight, shaped like a football field, could come crashing down on BOTH college team MARCHING BANDS????

114. By sandiamond on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

anyway there seems to be more behind the move( than at first glance. Hopefully a new DC from the outside!

115. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

well Ohio state runs 4-3 this year so that pagac theory is tough to get. why dunbar would go b4 pagac and … no real substance to the 3-4 theory.

back to the bong rip theory … is Frazier a Bob Marley fan?

116. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

* At least killing the “Male Cheerleaders”.

117. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Shawn – I was just confused why you would consider Pagac remaining on the team at all if he lost the DC position. I’m sure that it’s only a matter of time before he gets cut from the team.

Referring to an earlier post, I’m guessing that the fast release of Dunbar was so that he can find a new team ASAP and then can start pushing for a Jared Allen trade. But that’s just one conspiracy theory among billions.

118. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I take offense to that Nova! Have you ever tried being a male cheerleader before? It’s really quite rewarding. They insist that you put your hands on their hips and ass!

119. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

LOL PARODY….and then they go fuc& one of the football team….No, I’ve never tried it.

120. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

and the way i got to “maybe pagac goes DL” is Raheem is interviewing for DC … so the only position available for Pagac is DL … or gone but he isnt yet, though im guessing he will be

121. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

No way Atlanta stands any chance.

122. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Parody, if you’ve got them in that position, (hips and ass), you had better be doing something more constructive than yelling ” Go Georgia Tech “!

123. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

TITANIUM TITUS TOTALLY TENACIOUS PRIME TIME TAKE ON THIS WEEK’S GAMES

Giants WIN– guaranteed. Atlanta is still a pretender, not a contender.
    Houston over the Bengals- not so sure.
    Broncos upset the Steelers– the backward way into the playoffs was just so God could show off a little– this win will really convince the unbelievers.
    And lastly, but not least, I want to pick the Lions, and I think they may surprise us, but Payton and Brees are too much for the Lions — unless Suh gives Brees a little Karma payback for what was done to Favre in 09. SO, barring injury to Brees, I choose the Saints — guaranteed.

124. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Well it’s hard to justify grabbing them anywhere else. There aren’t many stunts that cheerleaders do which require extra chest support…

125. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

AND TO SEAL MY PREDICTIONS IN VIKING BLOOD AND HONOR…

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

126. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Titus – I really don’t think that the Giants have a huge advantage over the Falcons. They’re pretty similar teams in talent level, so it may come down to homefield advantage, but New York teams just always irked me the wrong way, and the Falcons are my favorite team in the playoffs this year, so I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt.

127. By sandiamond on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Titus has never been right…. bold predictions this weekend i must say!

128. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Well, so far this year I think Titus has had an 18.75% accuracy level in his predictions. So it’s safe to say that one of his predictions for the week will be right; Saints beat the Lions. With that said, then the Falcons, Bengals and Steelers all come away with a victory to keep Titus’ record intact.

129. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Lions are Frauds. Falcons are frauds. Bengals are frauds. And the Broncos are a Joke.

130. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

LOL maybe Titus should of been predicting Vikins lose all year we’d be 13-3 and in the playoffs …. could Titus be to blame for our season ????? :)

131. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

But Mathew Stafford is on the right course to be considered elite. If you guys didnt realize this but what do these Quarterbacks have in common?

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, and Drew Brees.
    -They are widely considered the Elite Quarterbacks in this league And they’re Jersey Numbers are all “9″ and up.

Now what do these QB’s have in common?
    Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Matt Shaub, Josh Freeman, Jay Cutler, and Vick have in common?
    - They are considered to be the “2nd Tier” of Quarterbacks And they’re Jersey Numbers are all “8″ and down.

132. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Let me make my predictions abundantly clear.

Giants
    Texans
    Broncos
    Saints

133. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

RICK SPIELMAN….

Yes you can find a diamond in the rough in rounds 6 and 7.

But GREAT PLAYERS are more often found in the first two rounds.

Encourage Spielman to draft OLs in the first two rounds or get a BLUE CHIP free agent.

Otherwise the Vikings are doomed to 6-10 or worse again. :(

134. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Spence you may be onto something. Put a number 16 on Tarvaris Jackson and you get a Joe Montana.

135. By sandiamond on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Fred #1 this year is too loaded with talent(playmaker). Can we skip the OL till 2nd?

136. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

RICK SPIELMAN….

How often have the Viking QBs had 4 seconds to throw the football….How about ALMOST NEVER!!!

Sometimes when I turn my TV to a different channel, we see a different game from that of the Vikings. The quarterbacks can step into their throws!

HOW OFTEN DID YOU SEE THAT THIS SEASON???

137. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Fred with all of the Vikings problems whats you feeling on the 1st move of the offseason? the firing of the DL coach which other than RB was probably our strongest position ?

138. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Anyway, this joke generated a great reception last year, so for those of you who have heard it,……divert your eyes. I believe it is one of the best jokes of ALL-TIME…..Buddy is sitting in the nosebleed seats at the SuperDome, scene of the SuperBowl. He has paid $1000 for this seat, and he needs a pair of binoculars just to see the field. He is P!ssed. After scanning the crowd for the 1st Quarter, he notices that there is an open AISLE seat next to this guy, 20 rows up, right on the 50. After summoning up his courage, he makes the LONG walk down, approaches him and says “Excuse me, but is anyone sitting here”? The guy says “no, by all means, have a seat”. Buddy CANNOT believe his luck, immediately sits down and buys his new friend a beer. Into the second quarter of a close game, Buddy says ” I can’t believe this, these seats cost $5000, why is this seat empty”?????? The fellow answers…” Well, my wife…….she used to come to all the games with me…………..but she died”. Buddy immediately shuts up. Midway through the 4th quarter, he can’t help himself and says ” But you seem like such a nice guy, surely you’ve got some friends or family who would have loved this seat”?……The guy says, oh,all kinds, but they are all at the funeral”.

139. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

~~RICK SPIELMAN

Now there may be Radio and TV personalities that claim RGIII is the best quarterback ever.

DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE…Remember RYAN LEAF…or JAMARCUS RUSSELL?

What’s that you say, YOU DON’T REMEMBER THEM?

With the way your mind works, I’m not surprised!!

140. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@everyone … i have an assignment for all of you. watch GB, NO, Detroit, NE on offense during the playoffs and notice the amount of time those QBs have in the pocket b4 they have to move …. IF they have to move

141. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Spence – With Payton Manning in that list, you’re obviously not talking about this year. But I was pretty sure Vick was among the elite QBs last year. He was considered for the MVP wasn’t he? Seems like your reasoning is flawed. Even if you go back two years, then you have to add in a #4 to the elite list…

142. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Hollywood Spielman,

Okay if you must draft a QB with the first pick (or any pick for that matter, sorry to overwhelm your pea-sized brain), then at least have enough money left over to buy someone to block for the young lad!!!

143. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Shawn – How will the assignment be graded?

144. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

It’s like in 98– Cunningham had a cup of tea while deciding where to throw.

145. By animal26 on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Frederick Jones: you are way off about RG3 and comparing him to Russel and Leaf. Unlike those two, he is not mentally weak. Unlike the both of them, he has the drive and passion to be successful; unlike those 2, he is an accurate passer, unlike those 2, he is very athletic. RG3 has all the makings to be an elite QB, in the next few year. Luck also has the makings to be elite also.

146. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

The only quarter to win a Superbowl in this decade with a jersey number below “9″ was Big Ben(7)

147. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Parody, I think Spence is really onto something there– I immediately Googled a number of my all time favorite QBs and to my chagrin, many of them kept coming up with jersey numbers at 8 and above. We never should have let Kluwe give his number to McNabb– had we put an 8 or above on McNabb, we would be hosting the NFC playoffs this year, not Green Bay. Spence for GM.

148. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Yes, I am “throwing Rick Spielman under the bus.”

Along with that s i l l y p h r a s e let’s get rid of the following other “modern” stupid terms:

PICK S I X
    walk off home run
    GOING FORWARD
    that said
    IT IS WHAT IT IS
    step it up and/or take it to the next level (This one probably dates back to 1975.)
    (i have never said it, and never will…it’s way too e m b a r r a s s i n g.)
    HE HAS A GREAT MOTOR

149. By sandiamond on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Would Spielman have the heart to look Ponder in th eye and say i’m sorry’ ? all we wanted was 4 draft picks for Griffen but nobody offered such

150. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Fred – Let’s just look at all that hype as good news for the Vikings! If the Rams take the obvious pick of Kalil with the #2 pick, then trade value is tremendous for us. Easily worth 2 1sts and 2 2nds, if not more.

151. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@animal26,

That remains to be seen.

Russell and Leaf were also supposed to be the “best quarterback ever.”

In fact if I had ten cents for every time I heard people say that about a QB, I would OWN the Vikings!!!

152. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Parody,

Yes, I also heard that on the radio.

153. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Now you’re getting it Titus.

154. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Fred– the one I can’t stand, especially when Aikman says it, is

Played LIGHTS OUT

155. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

We cannot allow Spielman to get off track and ignore Defensive Backs and Offensive Linemen.

The way he is talking, it’s not likely that he will take care of our most embarrassing problems.

Spielman doesn’t blame Ponder, he blames the offENsive offensive line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( Can you say 6-10 again :(

156. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

Yes…I run and you bike. We know what lights out is.

Many of the bloggers say that the Vikings don’t play hard. What do they want them to do run thru a brick wall?

157. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Fred – If you get rid of “pick-six” how do you speak about an interception that’s returned for a touchdown? INT TD? How’s that better?

And would you rather change it to “game winning home run”? That sounds rather boring…

I really don’t understand why you’re bothered by any of these terms, with a possible exception to “throwing under the bus”. At least that one provides an unnecessarily gruesome image.

That said, you’re not getting rid of any of these phrases. They’re all too popular, and have far too many uses to be dropped.

158. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

^ That would be nice.

159. By sandiamond on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Fred if we trade down for RG3 then we could get a 1-3 punch to take care of those needs… #7,#35,#39

160. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

He has a great motor…why don’t they say he is in great shape and is a great athlete…etc.?

161. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Parody,

That is way too true. Thank you for sharing!

162. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

I wish we fans could pick the broadcasters.

163. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Parody- they are all cliches– these broadcasters are like writers– they are communicators– say something we don’t hear every week. When I was a boy, sometimes we would go to my dad’s friend’s house– this guy always had the TV sound off cause he could not stand the announcers– he would listen to the radio version of the game while watching the Tele.

164. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Because it takes much less time and effort to say “he has a great motor”! Plus, you don’t have to have much intelligence to use the phrase. Just so long as you can see that one of the standards that creates a “great motor” is met, you don’t have to waste the effort defining which one(s) it is. With the internet era taking over our lives, we are all looking for the best ways to complete every task of our lives quickly.

165. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Fred– I think we should let the bloggers call the game– just hook a live feed to the website– be a lot of bleeps.

166. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Titus – I don’t mind the TV announcers, mostly because they make me feel like I could easily be one. More often than not, I catch myself saying something after a play that the announcers repeat seconds later!

167. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

How many other statistical categories are we top 10 in so i can predict who will be fired next…. we are bottom 5 in the league in pass defense with the #1 pass rush yet the DB coach has a job and the DL coach got fired ….

Will the RB coach be the next to go??

168. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

That is funny man! The second half of this season would have been one
    very long bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

169. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

WHAT IS FRAZIER DOING ??????

MY SUPPORT FOR FRAZIER IS ALMOST GONE …. WILL FRAZIER BE MY NEW BERNARD BERRIAN????????????

170. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Shawn,

Good observation. I didn’t know they fired the DL coach.
    That seems silly, but should be no surprise to US!

171. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

They keep showing Jerry Jones , He still looks like a lizard.

172. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Titus … as an educated man, who wrote the book on improving yourself by strengthening your strengths? Or is Frazier writing it as we speak?

173. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

If I were calling the game the first play would be Trips Right Percy as the Tailback, Jenkins, Aromoshadu, and Marcus Sherals as the WR’s on the right. Bubble Screen to Sherals………..and watch him go the distance.

174. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Shawn – The only way that the move makes any sense is if Frazier converts them to a 3-4 defense. That will require a lot of changes throughout the team, both in coaching and player personnel. Be patient and see how it plays out. The season hasn’t been over for a week yet, so there’s tons of time for Leslie to put his new plan together.

175. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

A rich lizard.

176. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

We are top 5 in the league in rushing offense … so I am predicting Frazier fires the RB coach …..

177. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

A rizard

178. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Shawn,

In 1967, Bud Grant’s first season, the Vikings were 3-8-3. They lost one game, that year, to the Rams by a score of 39-3, and the following year lost to the
    Rams at home by a 31-3 margin.

We as fans “do not see the tapes.” If I ignored that statement, I might also “jump on the bandwagon” to get rid of the coach.

Successful franchises, like the Vikings, do not fire their coach every year.

There is a chance that within the next few years
    Frazier may be called, “The greatest coach ever.”

At least I hope it happens!!!

179. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Flip Right Double X Jet 12 Naked Counter Wagon 84/85 Block Corner…ON 2, ON 2……SET HUT HUT!

180. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Nova,

Great to have you back! Your unique mind has us laughing all the time!

181. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Shawn,

You may have a point about Frazier strengthening strengths.

He and Spielman may be of the same mind. If that’s the case :( :( :( :( :(

What I don’t understand is how he could under estimate our defensive backs so badly!!!

182. By Shawn on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

All the football minds agree pressuring and sacking the QB is supposed to create bad throws and INTs

Yet we had more sacks than 30 teams and less INTs than 30 teams

* we were tied for 1st with 50 sacks and tied for last with 8 INTs

183. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Shawn,

Firing the DL coach was either a very stupid move, or it could have been
    something he said. We may never know the truth.

I bet it was politics.

184. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

5 DB’s were on IR

185. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Shawn, you mean the book, The Strength Finder? I think that is what it is– I have trouble reading books like that — some of them are just too common sense without any practical advice– I love books that help me change, but there are not many good ones.

186. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@ Fred… Not back for long, but thanks !

187. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Fred– you enjoying this weather? My bike is so messy– looks like a pickup truck before I blasted with an air can and wiped it down with windex.

188. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Shawn,

It’s very possible that, although we had many sacks, we didn’t pressure the quarterback very much.

The opposing QBs did seem to have a lot of time. Remember the GB games.
    Rodgers still had his customary “enought time to read a book,” to get the pass off!

189. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Where was Robison this year?

190. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

Yes, I often run on a gravel road in the country. I have to DRIVE to that road, so my car doesn’t stay clean very long.

The biggest problem is the dogs. It seems that almost all farmers in this area have dogs. (No Nova, I don’t hate dogs!) So I carry pepper spray to appease them.

191. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Wtf Fred lol

192. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Titus…Air Can and Windex?….Sounds pretty kinky1

193. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Spence,

You are right about Robison.

I think he is very low on our list of priorities

OL
    DB
    DT
    WR
    LB
    etc.

Spielman may have a different mind set. Naturally I am very upset about his mind set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you may get your wish!!

194. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Fred- Any word on Chris Cook?

195. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

wORD…..PUT THE GUTLESS PR1CK IN PRISON.

196. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Spence,

Spielman said he can’t be sure what steps to take until the court settles Cooks case.

Cook is a raw talent, and could make it in my opinion.

197. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

or as Nova said,

Put him in prison. I didn’t see the tape…lol

198. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Robison did as good for us this year as Ray Edwards had averaged in the last two years. I think he was a good choice to give a new contract to, at a cheaper overall price than Edwards who underperformed this year. Plus Robison has a much better team attitude. No complaints about him.

199. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I could care less about his off the field stuff. He was Great in the games he played in.

200. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

A brain dropping from an old football fan:

The Wildcat or Blazer, etc. is not really a “new” offense.

It’s a lot like the old single wing they used in the 1940s.

Could it catch on and take over the NFL? I bet they would change
    the rules long before that happens.

201. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Fred– I love the city trails– sometimes someone’s pit bull looks hungry, but I do not have much trouble with dogs– country riding with those big farm dogs, that is another story– I have some stories of Cujo chasing me.

202. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

You guys can have your Choir Boy Tebows. But I will take the Vicks/ Big Bens anyday.

203. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Let,s see Cook cover any WR from a prison cell.

204. By Parody on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Give Cook one last chance. Our coaches were able to turn guys around like Allen and Griffen, and I believe they can smack some sense into Cook too. We are hurting way too much at the position to let someone of his talent leave and straighten himself out with another team.

205. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

The Blazer Package was a Joke this year.

206. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Completely Agree Parody. But I think hes goin to prison. Hes black…thats all the ‘proof’ the Judge needs.

207. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@Titus,

My brother and I were sharing dog stories. He is a biker like you.
    You bikers have it FAR WORSE with dogs.

Most dogs are pretty timid, and will just try to follow you. But some dogs
    will bite in that situation, if you are going fast on wheels.

208. By Spence on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Lol.

209. By Frederick Jones on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Spence,

The Blazer package was a joke because I don’t think we ever ran more than two straight plays out of it ALL SEASON!!!

We would have been better off not using it.

210. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

@ Spence…..I hope you never end up in front of that Judge.

211. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

Actually, I do.

212. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Nova- Why??

213. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Titus, if you ever come back to Nova Scotia, we will have to time you vs Sonja on the quarter-mile, then go for a feed of lobster.

214. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Will Sonja be racing or chasing? Cause if it is the latter, Sonja does not stand a chance.

215. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

She can hit 40k before you have settled in your seat, Titus.

216. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

You guys really live in Nova Scotia?

217. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

If you have ever seen a deer run, full out, Sonja can run them down.

218. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

With a Dobie behind me, I can sustain 36K for a mile or two.

219. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

@ Spence, Halifax, to be exact.

220. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

And if that Dobie is angry, I can hit 45.

221. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

LOL Titus… we will save the” attack mode “for packer fans……besides, Sonja already knows about you, she loves Purple.

222. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Sorry to butt in your convo, but whats Sonja? A dog?

223. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, a great one.

224. By 25yearsaViking on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

First and foremost congrats to the beast of a DE Jared Allen. Hopefully this will turn into defensive player of the year honors.

Off season predictions:

I don’t agrees with all this, but however this is what I see happening knowing this franchise:

-Hire Morris as the D coordinator.
    -Keep: Allen, Hutchinson, Erin Henderson, Shaincoe,
    - Loose: EJ, Camarillo, Cedric Griffith, Abdullah, Aromashadu, Johnson
    - Brinkley will be the starting Mike backer
    - Pick up Vincent Jackson and a DB in free agency
    -Trade the 3rd pick to the Browns ( who will want to secure RG3 from the Redskins and Dolphins) and still get Kalil or Blackmon
    - then pick: CB, S, OG, WR, CB, DT, WR, DB, OT

What you all think?

225. By 25yearsaViking on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Please excuse all the spelling errors. It’s the end of a hard work week.

226. By Parody on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Why are people already annointing Morris our defensive coordinator? Let’s not forget the old phrase (another one that Fred probably should have put on his ban list) “never accept your first solution”. Morris is the first solution, and as many of us have already stated, obviously the wrong one. I’ll eat my words if we do appoint him the new DC, but I’m very confident that he is nothing but a practice interview for when they start getting serious about looking for Pagac’s eventual replacement.

227. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Keep Abdullah…hes a Solid FS.

228. By 25yearsaViking on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

I agree Spence, I just wonder about his concussions and how Speilman will take to them.

229. By 25yearsaViking on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

@ Parody. Del Rio or Spagnola?

230. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

He will be just fine. But im worried about the secondary. Ced Griffin is gone, ans Cook Might be in jail.

231. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

TO ALL VIKING FANS>>>>I HAVE LOVED THIS TEAM SINCE /68………WHY DID WE FIRE THE DL COACH THAT LET JARED ALLEN LEAD THE LEAGUE IN SACKS…AND KEEP EVERYYBODY ELSE ????? I used to follow this team,spending $1000″s of bucks following them across the U.S.WHAT THE F IS GOING ON?

232. By 25yearsaViking on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Brent Grimes will be a solid free agent but I don’t think the Falcons will let him go.

233. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

I love Brent Grimes. Dude has hops.

234. By 25yearsaViking on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

@ Nova. They are going to fire everyone else. They did Carl a favor by letting him go first, so he has a better chance at landing a better job on a better team. Tough to swallow though.

235. By NovaScotiaVike on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

I have prayed for these guys since Joe Kapp. Frazier is not the answer.

236. By 25yearsaViking on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

If you check out the free agents, there are plenty that would be an upgrade from what we have, and I’m sure we need them as bad as anyone. Anyone is better than Asher Allen……………..please upgrade from him. He is a #4 at best.

237. By 25yearsaViking on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Sorry Nova. I starting cheering in ’85 when I was 3. I wasn’t around in the 60s and 70s. I do remember Joey Browner and Anthony Carter being my two favorites, and we could use those boys now.

238. By VA Vike Fan on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Why is FRED PAGAC still in position???? He’s clueless. Fans AND players agree

239. By Deertracks on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

@25yearsaVioking…I started taping all the Viking games when VHS first arrived on the scene…I still have those tapes…When I get bored in the Winter months, I watch a few of the games..Being Retired Army Combat InfrantyMan I can do that…I am old as dirt, but still can kick a$$ if I have too…What I like is to see Mike Tice, Jack DelRio,Joey, Carter, in their Hey-Days, along with all the others that made watching a treat…

Hate to bring it up, but I watched the Chicago game again…The last game at home and for all the anti-Joe Webb fans for QB, I say Joe had some very good moves in that game…Let us see what 2012 has in store for us..

Go Vikings!!!

240. By jim on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Who voted against him? Even Michael Strahan was proud of him….give anyone a vote .

241. By Frederick Jones on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

@25 years Viking,

I don’t think the Vikings will pick up Vincent Jackson, even though he
    appears to be a great player.

Why?

Too logical a move.

242. By Frederick Jones on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Besides I hope Spielman takes care of the OL and DB situations first.

243. By Frederick Jones on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

In some ways it seems logical to just pick good players regardless of position because the Vikings NOW seem to be weak every where.

1. OL…weakest area on the Vikings
    2. DB…tied for weakest area
    3. DT…we need a run-stopping DT
    4. LB…this one is open for debate
    5. WR…One more deep threat besides Percy Harvin would help here
    6. RB…Could be a concern with the knee injuries to Peterson and Gerhart!
    7 TE…If Shiancoe is not signed this is an average position for the Vikings
    8. Sp. Teams…We may need a kicker
    9. QB…Seems to be solid, but neither Webb nor Ponder have proven themselves.

This is where your SPIELMAN is a factor. He has access to the players, and
    special information on each.

He blew the bunny last year by not picking OLs and DBs. He has said nothing so far to indicate he will pick OLs and DBs this year!

To me it is so simple. TAKE CARE OF YOUR WEAKNESSES RICK!!!

244. By Frederick Jones on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

RG3 would seem to be an outstanding prospect. Why would he be able to cope with the avalanche our offensive line lets in nearly every throwing play!

245. By Frederick Jones on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Bud Grant’s teams always seemed to have great offensive and defensive lines.

Why?

Perhaps partly because Grant played on the Line as a End in the 1940s and 50′s.
    In those days an End was a lineman first.

Grant knew the value of linemen and made sure that it was a priority on draft day.

The result? About 13 division titles, 3 NFC titles, 1 NFL title.

Even with the rule changes, football games are won in the trenches!

246. By Frederick Jones on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

The media is INFESTED with misunderstandings of what is important on a football field, namely BLOCKING AND TACKLING.

I figure that they are told it’s all about the Quarterback, Running Back, or Wide Receiver, BECAUSE fans do not know the other players. You can’t really watch them!

Here is yet another example how someone IN THE KNOW shows his ignorance:

“We’re doing a series on the Trojans’ top 10 performers in 2011, ranking the team’s best players based on their overall value to the team last season.

The first eight players, in descending order, were T.J. McDonald, C. Tupou, Curtis McNeal, N. Perry, Dion Bailey, Marqise Lee, N. Robey and Robert Woods.

No. 2, then, is left tackle Matt Kalil, one of two USC juniors to declare early for the draft and thus end his Trojans’ career.

Would Matt Barkley have been able to have the year he had in 2011 without the help of Kalil?

Not a chance. Kalil did it without fanfare most of the time, but his performances at left tackle were incredibly key to USC’s success last season. Imagine how things would have gone in the first few of the games of the year if there were no Kalil, if the Trojans were forced to break in five players at five new positions in one month.

It would’ve been ugly. And, then, once the season began, Kalil was the glue holding the rest of the line together, teaming with center Khaled Holmes to tutor freshman left guard Marcus Martin on the job and make up for the youthful mistakes of right-siders John Martinez and Kevin Graf.”

This article was from the LA Times!!!

247. By sandiamond on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Breno Giacomini (SEA) – OT
    Adam Snyder (SF) – OT
    Adam Goldberg (STL) – OT
    James Lee (TB) – OT
    Mike Otto (TEN) – OT

248. By sandiamond on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Demetrius Bell (BUF) – OT – Bell is another under-the-radar player capable of protecting the blindside and is a vital piece to the Bills’ offense with an expiring contract. Though he’s an above average pass protector, he’s an even better run blocker for the left side. The Bills have some work to be done to keep all of the pieces together, which could allow Bell to slip through the cracks into free agency.

249. By Frederick Jones on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

As far as John Sullivan’s new 5-year contract, I have one question for
    Rick Spielman…Do you feel lucky?

250. By Frederick Jones on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Nice work Sandiamond..

Hopefully someone will leak the news to Spielman about Bell!

251. By Frederick Jones on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Sandiamond,

Do you mind if I copy your article about D. Bell, and reproduce it for Spielman?

This kind of news bears repeating!!!

252. By sandiamond on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Fred not sure but the list of players(non-restricted) might be on the weak side of talent. Good idea to know that Bell is one of the better Lineman available

253. By Parody on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

So when are we going to see a video of Frazier describing the release of his best assistant coach? I’m sure I can already paraphrase what he’ll say (“we made a move that we thought was best for the team. After talking with the DL coach, we decided mutaully that he no longer fit in with the Vikings’ plans for the future…”) but I hope that the reporters questioning him will be more persistant and brutal in insisting on a response that avoids the boring, overused rhetoric that is shared by professional coaches and politicians.

I want to see Frazier describe his actual reasoning, and his plans for the DL moving forward that make it impossible for someone as successful as Dunbar to excel at, or even reasonable to assume that someone else could do comparably better than Dunbar.

254. By 25yearsaViking on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

The WR and DB free agency list is very deep with talent that could be an instatnt upgrade even with hamstring issues.

255. By 25yearsaViking on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

@Deertracts. What I would give to see Joey Browner back making fingertip- one handed tackles. Well deserved retirement to you by the way.

256. By Shawn on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Fred Jones … you rock dude :)

257. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Louis Murphy would be a good fit. Oakland has too many WRs, somebody is the odd man out.

258. By 25yearsaViking on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Hey Fred. Start a “Vincent Jackson for WR” chant and you might make it happen. Even a “LaRon Landry for safety” You got a GM. You can do this!

259. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Matt Giorodono would be an upgrade at safety aswell.

260. By Shawn on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Parody … Great post , thats exactly what I was trying to say. You managed to say it the way I was thinking it. Its up to the fans to know and see the issues and for us to collectively voice these concerns. We can be all over the place, find a topic and you never know who is listening. You never know who knows who and when a consistent collective intelligent well stated complaint will reach its target.

Clearly the media is one voice for us fans. Clearly the answer to why the most productive assistant from 2011 was not just let go but the first to be let go. Why when the DBs were last in the league with 8 INTs is the DB coach safe and the DL coach who was the best in the league fired?

It takes us all to avoid worrying about the 10th weakest link and just focus on one of the 3 weakest links. Erin Henderson may not be a strength but no need to question anyone on him when your DBs cant make plays and your OL cant pass block.

And for anyone to call out Jared Allen … pfft just ridiculous

261. By Shawn on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

*** We cant be all over the place

typos suck

262. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Calling out Jared Allen is not ridiculous. 14 games without a single sack in the 4th Quarter simply isnt good.

263. By Shawn on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Dunbar’s DL led the league with 50 sacks, he was fired? What was he supposed to do? Was he supposed to have his unit break the all time sack record? Would he keep his job if the DL had 150 sacks?

The secondary cant get INTs and is the worst unit in the league for INTs. Our passing D was 28th despite leading the league in sacks. Whats it take for the DB coach to get fired? Would he have to play offensive lineman in his secondary? Would he be questioned then?

WHY WAS DUNBAR THE FIRST COACH TO LOSE HIS JOB ?????

264. By Shawn on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Spence I know I said I was done responding to you but I have a couple questions.

Lets see if your smart enough …

1- What does a team do when they have a lead in the 4th quarter?

2- Is it possible to get sacks on a run play?

Nevermind you wont get it your not too bright

265. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Yes. Because teams run the ball 100% in the 4th quarter. And we had like 8 losses of 7 points or less.

266. By Shawn on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Parody … I just thought of a new conspiracy theory. Frazier is a Bear and planted into the Viking organization to destroy us to the point of possibly moving to LA. Dunbar was one of the few productive coaches on the team so Frazier canned him … What do you think?

267. By Shawn on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Spence your a moron. I will not acknowledge you for a long time …. Again

BTW Abdullah not very good. Average at best and lifelong back up for most teams. Starter for us.

268. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Stats dont lie, Shawnese.

269. By Shawn on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

LMAO … OK 1 more … its just amazing what a dope you are. “Stats dont lie” the stat here in Jared Allens case is 22 sacks. 2nd most in the history of the NFL. It amazes me your so oblivious … Originally I thought your were joking or a P3cker troll. What fan calls out their best player? its dumb

OK now Im done … cant believe you sucked me in again

270. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

22 Sacks is incredible. But when we were making late pushes in the end of games Allen was nowhere to be found..

271. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Where was he in the 2nd half vs Rivers, Freeman, Cassell, Ryan, Palmer, Tebow, and Rodgers?

272. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

I rest my case. Now stop defending this guy.

273. By Frederick Jones on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

@Spence, and Shawn,

It would be interesting to know how often the opponents threw the ball against the Vikings in the 4th quarter.

Another thing that could cut into our sacks in the 4th quarter might be that the defense was on the field so much because of our porous offensive OFFENSIVE LINE.

At times Jared Allen was a monster against both the run and the p a s s. But it is also a fact that they spent a lot of time on the field which may also have impacted the number of sacks Allen made.

Then there are the adjustments teams may have made against J. Allen.

There are many factors, and don’t forget that HURRIES may be the most important statistics for a defensive line. I suspect we were short there the entire season!

274. By 25yearsaViking on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Shawn. I’m pretty sure the whole defensive staff is done. Dunbar was fired first because one of two reasons. 1.) Dunbar realized the BS that was happening and wanted out. 2.) Dunbar is a great coach, as we know, and because the whole D staff will be fired, they let him go first so he will have the most opprotunity to land a job on a good team that he can make better.

275. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

I would add in Fred tackles of running backs behind the line. Spence is an idiot. It means absolutely nothing sacks in the 4th Quarter. There are lots of reasons a player has less sacks in the last half of the game. It could be an adjustment made by the other team. That is the reason they count total sacks only. Spence is trying to prove some point by just pointing out a meaningless statistic. That is just what it is a statistic nothing more. It proves nothing and spence needs to quit running at the mouth unless he has facts of why that stat is significant. I think a more important stat is where are the stats for B-Rob and the NT from NO when Allen is being double and triple teamed. If those two were more effective Allen wouldn’t have to worry about getting that record on the last game of the season. Spence instead of running down the best player on this defense maybe you should point out the really bad parts. I think you are a dumba$$ to keep this point going.

276. By YourMama on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

You know what Dence you’re right Allen didn’t get many sacks in the 4th quarter this year. How about last year, year before that, ect.? You keep asking the question but you don’t have a solution to your problem. You want to trade him? Release him? What? Sorry I’m not big on looking up stats but one I know of is Allen has gotten double digit sacks EVERY FUC-KIN YEAR HE HAS BEEN IN THE LEAGUE. Who else has done that? Look it up and let us know and we’ll go down the list and clear out all the non greats.

277. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

You want to look at the Defense let’s look at why we had more 100 yrd rushers this year against us than in years past. Why the defense gave up big leads during the first half of the season. Why the secondary gave up so many intermediate pa$$es and not the long ones. Why our tackling by the secondary was awful. Why could we stop teams and let them back into the games all season. Why is it that since Coach Frazier has been on the Defensive staff that the Secondary has been the weakest part of the Team. These are important issues that need to be dealt with in the offseason.

278. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Im sorry but I juts cant call a player Great if they shrink in clutch time. We can all agree that Tebow is a Horrific Quarterback but what makes people think hes Great? The fact that he Shines in the 4th Quarter. Also we can agree that Lebron James is the best talent in the NBA by far, but why dont people compare him to the all time Greats? Because he doesnt produce when the team is counting on him. Its really that simple guys.

279. By YourMama on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Simple for a simpleton.

280. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

The only reason why I’m singling him out is because hes the only person that is considered great. Nobody else on the defense is great so I dont have that high of expectations for them. I expect great players do great things when the team is looking at them to make a play. The Greats have defining moments, what is Jareds defining moment, a meaningless sack in the 1st quarter?

281. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Spence you are comparing apples to oranges. QB have definate effect what happens in a quarter he is driving what the team does. Same with a guard in basketball. A Defensive end is not it that type of control of the game. This another reason you have absolutely no credibility.

282. By YourMama on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

I’m sorry his rookie season he only got 9 sacks and his third year 7.5. 105 since he came in the NFL (MOST BY ANY PLAYER IN THAT TIME). You’re right he sucks, half a-ss player, shows up when he wants to. Drop his a-ss. Look at the BIG picture you tool. Do you think you are the majority with this thought you have? If so go tell mommy and daddy you want to talk to someone. Better yet just go tel your dad and see if he doesn’t smack you upside the head.

283. By YourMama on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Mike B. it’s pointless. He’s clueless. I’ve been reading his BS for some time now and he makes NOT ONE valid point. Dence you keep this up mommy and daddy gone put you in time out.

284. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

I dont think Jared Allen sucks. I think hes an amazing player. Hes the only guy on the defense that plays like actually gives a f—

285. By YourMama on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

No you don’t. He sucks let trade him.

286. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

I never said he sucks. I only said hes not great.

287. By YourMama on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Na you know what he’s not even worth the value of a 7th rounder lets just release him.

288. By YourMama on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Who’s GREAT then?

289. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

But trading him wouldnt be such a bad option. We could get some good players that sure up the secondary, then move Everson Griffin to D-end to replace Allen.

290. By YourMama on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Defensive Ends you tool. Not in general. I don’t want to hear Martin luther king cuz he showed up in crunch time.

291. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

My requirement to be a Great Player in my eyes is to play good in 3 quarters and above average in the 4h quarter. Do you think Tony Romo is great?

292. By YourMama on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

No we wouldn’t because if everyone thinks the way you do he’s not worth anything.

293. By YourMama on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

We’re not talking about QB’s. There’s your problem right there. GREAT DE’s?

294. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

For this year in my opinion the Great Pass Rushers were Jason Pierre Paul, Demarcus Ware, and Terrell Suggs.

295. By YourMama on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

And I don’t give a sh-it about Romo. He doesn’t play for the Vikes.

296. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

But there are loads of really good pass-rushers though.

297. By Mike B. on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Spence you make about as much sense as those two yahoos on Vikings Daily that think we should trade Allen and the Spielman is going with the 3-4. If we were going with the 3-4 why interview Morris a 4-3 cover 2 guy. Those two yahoos are sports columnist and I think they have no idea of what they are talking about. They are just trying to generate buzz. Sounds like you Spence. Wilfs decided to keep Fraizer and that means the 4-3 and cover 2. Spielman will bring in the best players possible to help Fraizer. Well I hope they will. There will be more Defensive coaches fired and probably all of them. Generate your buzz Spence but you’re a very small bee in a big hive.

298. By YourMama on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

You still haven’t gotten me my stats on prior years as well. One season doesn’t make or break greatness. I can’t believe I’m even arguing this was a bad season for Allen. I’m with Shawn wont be wasting anymore thought on this.

299. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

I never said this was a bad season for Allen. 22 sacks is just amazing. I think Allen is a beast. Once again, stop putting words in my mouth.

300. By YourMama on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

I’m just fuc-kin with ya Spence. You do have the right to your opinion. I don’t agree I think Allen will go down as one of the all time GREAT pa-ss rushers.

301. By Spence on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Theres no doubt he will go down as one of the all-time great pass rushers.

302. By CaribooBill on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

If Karl Dunbar has actually been fired, why is he still listed on the website as the d-line coach?
    This is very bad image-wise.

303. By Puckertrucker on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

To Titus,Spence, Fredrick, and every one else:

The one thing everyone forgot was Jared missed getting a sack in three games this year and everyone knows that by the fourth Quarter Jared was being triple teamed. That being said now you can see why our hero missed getting the top NFL sack record.
    As far as drafting RGIII with our first pick is we would have great trading leverage down the 1,2,3 rounds and we could either keep him as our QB and Trade Ponder or Webb instead but I would most likely trade Ponder and keep webb let him play the first half of the season as the starter and let RGIII get into the playbook and learn then you could put him in if you wanted. Then go after a deep wide out like Blackmon with our #2 pick and then O-line then D-line corners and D-backs.

The One and only PuckerTrucker!!!!!!!!

304. By Parody on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Since Spence refuses to acknowledge anyone’s questions, I decided to do a little research on his behalf. Teams ran the most against us in the first quarter of games, averaging about 52% of their play calls runs. Then they seemed to figure us out in the 2nd quarter, as running dropped to 40% of all their calls. In the second half, things evened out a bit, as they averaged 49% and 50% runs in the 3rd & 4th quarters, respectively. This number would probably be a lot bigger if teams weren’t given so much confidence in their passing game in the 2nd quarter. However, teams averaged 7-plays less in the 2nd half of games, indicating that they were making a stronger effort to run the clock out.

305. By Parody on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

So Spence, now that I’ve done that research for you, maybe you can do a quick search and tell me how many of Jared’s 16 first-half sacks came in the 2nd quarter.

306. By Frederick Jones on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

@Mike B.,

I am glad you have recognized Viking Daily as jumping the gun on the 3-4, and the need ( lol ) to trade Jared Allen.

It makes you wish that you went into journalism doesn’t it?

307. By Mike on Jan 8, 2012 | Reply

Allen deserves it. Good for him! Like this writer says, he should be the single season sack leader. http://www.tchuddle.com/2012/01/why-jared-allen-should-be-the-nfls-all-time-sack-leader/

308. By wallispat24 on Jan 8, 2012 | Reply

Enjoy the game also enjoy your life. flingpartner. c0m a wonderful place to explore excitement and your lost passion. Life is short, you’ll never regret to dating with sexy beauties/guys in your area. enjoy.

309. By thenaj17 on Jan 10, 2012 | Reply

By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

They tried that over here in England for football matches (soccer) and had 1 fan from each team do commentary. It was pretty funny!

310. By thenaj17 on Jan 10, 2012 | Reply

By Frederick Jones on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

1. OL…weakest area on the Vikings
    2. DB…tied for weakest area
    3. DT…we need a run-stopping DT
    4. LB…this one is open for debate
    5. WR…One more deep threat besides Percy Harvin would help here
    6. RB…Could be a concern with the knee injuries to Peterson and Gerhart!
    7 TE…If Shiancoe is not signed this is an average position for the Vikings
    8. Sp. Teams…We may need a kicker
    9. QB…Seems to be solid, but neither Webb nor Ponder have proven themselves.

This is where your SPIELMAN is a factor. He has access to the players, and
    special information on each.

To me it is so simple. TAKE CARE OF YOUR WEAKNESSES RICK!!!

Patience with the draft. They are not going to release their draft plans to all when they are better served to keep it quiet. We will have more leverage if people may think we are not going for Kalil. You don’t want to be too predictable as you won’t have a bargaining chip.

Have faith that we will draft O-Line and Secondary early in this draft.

311. By thenaj17 on Jan 10, 2012 | Reply

By Parody on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

Maybe the FO and Frazier have grand plans to blow next season aswell and go all in for Matt Barkley!

312. By Derrick.G on Jan 10, 2012 | Reply

@thenaj17
    My only guess would be philosophical differences? New DC might want a more blitz heavy line, rather than a run stopping line. Maybe Dunbar wasnt suited for that? idk.

313. By Spence on Jan 11, 2012 | Reply

““““ 0 ` ` 0 ` ` 0
    ““““ ||___||___||
    ““ * ` {,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,} ` *
    ““ 0 ` {/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\} ` 0
    ‘“`_||_{_______”_____}_||_
    “`{/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\}
    “`{,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,}
    “`{/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\}
    “`{_____________”________}

2. Jan 11, 2012: Jared Allen Named First-Team All-Pro By Associated Press | VikesCity