Jared Allen Deserves Defensive Player Of The Year Honors

Posted by Mike Wobschall on January 2, 2012 – 8:04 am

It’s difficult to find a lot of positives coming off a 3-13 season that fell short of expectations. One consistent source of positivity for the Vikings this season, though, was DE Jared Allen. He registered the best season of his 8-year career, and his effort this season makes it difficult to find a more deserving player for NFL Defensive Player of the Year honors.

Allen collected a career-high and Vikings single-season franchise record 22.0 sacks in 2011, coming up just a .5 sack short of Michael Strahan’s NFL record. There were only 3 games this season in which Allen did not register a sack, and he also extended his consecutive games with a sack streak to 11 earlier this season. Allen had 6 multi-sack games, and 3 games with 3+ sacks. Adding to his impressive season is the fact that Allen also had 4 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recoveries and 1 INT. He was consistently the Vikings best player all season, and opponents had a hard time stopping him even though it was their #1 priority coming into the game.

Granted, there are several other players throughout the League who registered impressive campaigns. Dallas’ DeMarcus Ware tallied 19.5 sacks and Philadelphia’s Jason Babin had 18.0. Baltimore LB Terrell Suggs had 14.0 sacks and added an incredible 7 forced fumbles as well. Those players had tremendous seasons and in many other years they would be worthy winners of the award. In the opinion of vikings.com, though, Allen has them beat this year.

Of course we don’t have a vote in the balloting for this award, but if we did it would go to Allen with a bullet. He was the best player on this year’s Vikings team, and although the Vikings struggled through the 2011 season as a team, the Defensive Player of the Year Award is an individual honor. Allen had the best individual season of any defender in the League, and I hope he’s recognized appropriately by the voters.

A few more impressive notes about Allen’s 2011 season and what how it adds to his career resume…
— Allen is the first Viking since John Randle from 1997-2000 to lead the club in sacks for 4 straight seasons.
— Since entering the NFL in 2004, Allen has 105.0 career sacks, which ranks 1st among all players during that time frame.
— Since joining the Vikings in 2008, only Ware (66.0) has more sacks than Allen’s 62.0.
— Only Reggie White (124.0) has tallied more sacks in the first 8 seasons of a career than Allen’s 105.0.

Tags:

116 Responses to “Jared Allen Deserves Defensive Player Of The Year Honors”

1. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Congrats Allen. You were without a doubt the best
    player on the Defense. Its just a shame he was constantly neutralized in the 4th quarter in pretty much every game this year.

2. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Now im Not saying he quits in the 4th…im just saying he does little to nothing. He ended off the season with yet another sackless 4th quarter.

Hey Mike, why didnt you include Jared Allen’s 4th quarter statistics?

3. By DRS on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

This is from,

But some lawmakers say all the talk about gambling and the stadium is a waste of time. Sen. Jeff Hayden, DFL-Minneapolis, said he is not interested in any expansion of gambling to build a new Vikings stadium.

Hayden said he hopes the Legislature doesn’t address the stadium issue at all in 2012.

“Once again, we’re going to spend a lot of time talking about building a $1 billion stadium instead of talking about how do people get their medical care,” Hayden said. “How do we figure out how to pay the schools back, how do we figure out how to develop and create jobs with a good solid public infrastructure, capital investment bill? I think those are the things that Minnesotans want us to talk about.”

4. By DRS on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Great job Allen, hope to see you next year with a better defense.

5. By DRS on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Shawn what do you have to say about Sen. Jeff Hayden, and the rest of the people in MN who say no to the Vikings?

I hope there will be a new stadium soon; it is not a done deal so I will have a fear that stays with me until the people of MN get their h-o-o-t-a and get the new stadium deal done.

6. By DRS on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Have a great day everone.

Bye for now.

7. By DaVikings on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Congrats Jared hope you have a long career with the Vikes. Only if they had more players like you!!

8. By Mr. Mustache on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Too bad sacks don’t score points.

9. By Mike B. on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

@DRS There will always be those that are opposed to public money used for a sports venue. That’s just the nature of how people are. The fact is every city with sports venues had to pick part of that tab publically. This how they become multiuse. The new stadium will have much more benefit than Vikings games. It truely is a money maker in the waiting. I do think the Wilfs might end up compromising on the site, but we will see. I have a positive feeling that the Legislature will get it done during this session. I wouldn’t pay much attention to the verbal minority as you won’t be able to convince them this is the right move anyway.

10. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

What were the season’s expectations, Mike W.?

11. By Touchdown on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Im pretty sure Jared Allen had one sack in the fourth. He never gives up and is relentless. But when you have NO offense and triple teaming on one dude ofcourse he won’t get ANY sacks.

12. By vikoholic on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

How cool to see Chris Doleman cheering Jared on on the sidelines and to see them talking with mutual respect. Both class acts and part of the all time Viking elite.

13. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Just admit that hes not great, but really really good. Then I will gladly stop what you guys see as endless trollin’

14. By J LeSieur on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Congrats Allen. You are a blast to watch! I’m hoping to see you break the record next year (hopefully with a better Vikings team). Keep up the good work and I’ll see ya at The Lodge soon.

15. By Vike1Fan on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

@Spence This last game does not support your argument at all! If you were watching the same 4th quarter I was, you saw Allen was blocked by Webb AND 2 tight ends AND a tackle. The times he was single blocked, they ran the ball. Further more, with the vikings losing the game, Chicago ran the ball nearly the entire 4th quarter. Don’t try to use this game as any type of support.

16. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

@Vike This isnt a 1 time thing. Its happened the whole season. He doesnt show up in the 4th. He tries his best but he doesnt perform!

17. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, Spence, I guess you are right. Allen is average at best. A half sack from matching the all time sack leader in the NFL makes Allen good, but not great.

WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING???

18. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Hes really really good.But not great in my honest opinion. Great players show up in the 4th. It as simple as that.

19. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Well, Spence, Allen is there in the fourth quarter– but by that time, the other team has done everything they can to neutralize Allen– so although he may not have sack statistics, he is still making his presence known– come on, yesterday, there were 4 guys blocking Allen in the fourth. Your thinking is one dimensional– I give up– think what you will.

20. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I think hes phenomenal though. Hes one of the few players on the team that played like they gave a dam.

21. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

spence, give it a rest you bafoon. First you bash allen then you praise him?? And by the way, by the fourth quarter of play, Allen is being triple teamed on almost every down. yesterday the bears had two TE’s backing up the LT to stop Allen. He gets single coverage those first three quarters you moron. By the fourth he is so covered he can’t even look at the QB. It’s called a fourth quarter adjustment you stoopid bafoon.

22. By ozzinator on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Spence f— off you ignorant idiot

23. By Shawn on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

DRS … hangem high. theres my statement regarding your question. i dont want to debate dems reps anymore. i have said many times they are all corrupt. but if your going to blame dems for everything im going to attack reps and defend dems. dems are generally the supporters of labor and thats me so i vote for my best interest. i am not a rich man so the reps offer nothing to me. in fact the reps attack me and all of the middle to lower cla’ss people of america. again generally. my union has supported labor friendly reps , there are a FEW ….

24. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Guys relax. I just said hes phenomenal. No need for the personal insults.

25. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Oh whats wrong Spence, tired of getting schooled?

26. By Shawn on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

lol i cant believe you all still communicate with spence. hes a moron … his constant jared allen non sense was enough for me to ignore him.

i dont even ignore hippster’s posts

27. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Ahh, my bestest buddy vikingsFool. WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT PONDER BEFORE THE GAME??????????????????

28. By Shawn on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Raheem Morris / Buccs head coach / former DB coach … FIRED

Steve Spagnolo / Rams head coach / former DC of SB champion giants … FIRED

29. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Steve Spagnolo wont be out of a job for long though. Hes a great D-coordinator.

30. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Ha, webb didnt win the game you bafoon. He threw two picks, no tds and no comeback. give it a rest spence

31. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Yet you think he should be the #1 qb without competition. You are a bafoon spence

32. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I said Webb should start because if Ponder did he would get injured!! But you kept calling me stupid for that and what happened???? He Got Drilled!

33. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Yeah he did get drilled. but that’s what happens in football. I don’t expect you to know that since you never made it past flag football in elementary school

34. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Why was our Franchise Quarterback playing in a meaningless game?

35. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

For reps, pride, practice, and support.

36. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

And to find out if he is tough enough to get knocked down and come back fighting next year.

37. By VikesFan on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

man i wish mike will ban spence

38. By VikesFan on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

spence sh.utup you troll. you try to get pass 4 people blocking. then tell me how hard it is and try to get 22.0 sacks

39. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I second that! Here Here

40. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Hes not tough enough. We currently have no quarterbacks on this roster that is capable of leading us to a Lombardi.

41. By Viking Joe on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Allen should definitely be considered defensive player of the year, he had an awesome year, 22 sacks, 5 of which were in the 4th quarter, he was the only Viking with more than 6 sacks,he played great on a defense that was terrible, especially the secondary.
    Great job # 69, you earned at the very least consideration for the POY award. If the Vikings were 8-8 or better , he probably would win the award, again congratulations !!!!!!!

42. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Your so sure about that? That’s what Packer fans said about a-Rog

43. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I’d be a bit more patient and think out your comments before you post them. Few teams win the big one so the odds are stacked against every rookie QB. Marino never won a SB either. Nor did W Moon. Favre only won 1. Tarkenton never won a SB. The list goes on Spence.

44. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Spence, The real NFL is a bit different than madden nfl.

45. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

If we would of got Hassleback we would probly be in the playoffs or 9-7. McNabb was horrendous.

46. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

We’d be in the same spot since no QB can take it behind the Vikes O-line. Besides, if we had Hasslebeck then you’d whine because we keep getting old used up QBS

47. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Spence do your parents know your on the CPU?

48. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I wouldnt whine. If he produced on the field he would get no complaints from me.

49. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

You’d whine before he even stepped on the plane. I know fans like you. Your never satisfied. Be patient you bafoon. It took the Packers a few years to build around and develop A-Rog and the rest of the team. It didn’t happen overnight. Like I said. Thre real NFL is much different than Madden. You can’t upgrade players ratings in real life, you get what you get and unfortunatly the Vikings just don’t have the marqui players around thier stars.

50. By Viking Joe on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

No QB would have survived behind that O-Line, period !!!!

51. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Give the team a few years of continuity and then you can complain if they don’t produce. This is a very different team than in 09. New staff, new players, new QB. Get real Spence and keep your wet nurse handy.

52. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I second that also Joe.

53. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I believe Webb survived behind the line, Joey.

54. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Barely. Webb only survived because he can run like heck. I’d rather build a decent line than stick with a guy who can run away. How about you spence? I was taught that a team is only as good as their O-Line.

55. By Viking Joe on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

How do you figure that Spencey, he sucked too, no time to do anything, the O-Line just flat out stunk !!!!!

56. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Webb never had a chance to set his feet and throw a decent pass. The difference between Webb and Ponder is that Ponder knows the game and can make quick decisions, that is why they can move the ball with Ponder, just can’t score in the Red Zone which is the Lines fault. Webb didn’t move the ball at all.

57. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Webb didnt move the ball because he had no line, no wr’s, and no running back in the 2nd half. Loser Booker is Not an NFL running back.

58. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Ponder made a few nice tight throws in heavy cover. He didn;t even have time for a three step drop. He was planted and ready to go immediatly. Webb cannot do that. He can only make the play when everything works the way it is drawed up. Ponder, however; can make something of nothing. If you watch the game from a playmaking standpoint you can see that, but Spence only see’s the QB and the scoreboard.

59. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I can agree with that. I’m not a booker fan at all, but how can you rant about Webb when he can’t move the ball and Ponder can?

60. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Webb only makes plays when things break down defensivly. once a team starts setting out containment in the OLBs with a spy now and then, like yesterday, Webb is a goner.

61. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I didnt rant about Webb.

62. By Viking Joe on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Ponder had the same problems, I don’t care if we had Montana, he would have got crushed too, with that line, face it the Vikings need to clean it up through the draft and or free agency.

63. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I’d rather see an improved line in offseason before they even think about the secondary. your team is only as good as the Line blocking for them. imagine if we still had Big mac and Birk. Things would have been very different.

64. By Viking-ology on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Please move on from the Ponder/Webb debates. Ponder was drafted as our future QB. There are so many other concerns that the team has to help make his job easier. Next year will be a huge year for the entire team as a whole. It will really tell the tale about what we can expect with the future of the franchise and the direction they are going. The breaking point is upon Minny!

65. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Spence go back and re-read your posts. You ranted and raved about how much better Webb is than Ponder, yet when someone proves you wrong you double back like a one legged man in an A** kicking contest.

66. By Viking Joe on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I agree Vikingsfool the o-line should be the top concern, then the secondary.

67. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Vology, thank you! Finally someone who sees the bigger picture.

68. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

All I wanted was Webb to have a chance. All I saw what he did and I was wrong.

69. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Ok I’m bored with this now. Later. You can come out now Spencer.

70. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I meant “I saw” take out the “All” in the 2nd sentence.

71. By Viking Joe on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

At least we know Wilf will open his pocket book.

72. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

This season priority #1 is o-line, then WR, then secondary.
    -Personally I dont believe they’re that bad. Its only because of injuries, 5 of them were on I.R

73. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

It’s an interesting playoff picture. I would say Giants and Saints win next week.

74. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I agree Falcons and Lions are Frauds.

75. By caliviking on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

spence must still play flag football cuz he doesn’t know this game

76. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Oh Oh- Spence agrees with me. Actually, I think the Lions have a shot but I am sure Atlanta was hoping Dallas would have won last night. Brees will prove too much to the Lions though– and the Payton is way too good a coach to lose.

77. By Immureglass on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Spence- Why do you insist on coming on here to try start arguments with people. Reasons have been explained to you Ad nauseam about how teams change there game plans for Jared Allen, Yet every day your on here spouting off “How come Jared Allen doesn’t get done in the 4th quarter.”

78. By Emily on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I just have to say that Jared Allen rocks!! He totally deserves defensive player of the year. He is so positive all of the time and never quits playing the game. I have been a huge Jared Allen fan since he started in Kansas City. Way to Go Jared on another year and I look forward to seeing you in the Pro Bowl!!!

79. By Immureglass on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I guess a better question is why do we allow ourselves to get sucked into an arguement with you. I don’t think your gonna get any of us to ever admit that Allen isn’t a great player and vise versa.

80. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I didnt have the intentions of arguing.

81. By Immureglass on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Really you didn’t? You’ve been getting into this exact same argument for the last two weeks, but today you thought “Hey maybe they will agree with me today.” Come you knew that you where gonna get into an argument when you wrote your post.

82. By TITANIUM TITUS on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I think the Packers are going to struggle getting to the big dance. Giants, 49ers, and Saints are all a handful.

83. By Immureglass on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I agree with you Titus: Giants and Saints came within an eyelash of beating the Packers in their first meetings. And the 49ers have really up’d their game this year.

84. By Shawn on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Guys dont forget if the Lions meet GB , its very hard to beat a team 3 times in the same season …

85. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Unfortunatly, I think the Packers will win it all again. This is Favre karma, punishment from the football gods for Brett Favre’s fling in purple. The Packers are a well oiled football machine and we are going to have to sit in the middle and suck on it for another year. I HATE YOU GREEN BAY!!!

86. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

YOU AND YOUR LITTLE DOG TOO!

87. By Dueyz on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

@ Spence

Would you please go be a fan of one of the other 31 teams?

88. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

I dont get it. You state a simple fact and people hate you for it? Get over yourselves.

89. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

He rarely gets sacks in the 4th quarter. Its not an opinion its a Fact. So stop the hate. How that makes you guys mad is unknown to me. Is it because im calling out a “Great” Player?

90. By Dueyz on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

@ Spence

31 is a lot to chose from; plenty of options. You could try GB, CHI, DAL…..I bet they would love to hear your theories about Jared in any of their blogs.

I encourage every other MIN fan in hear to disregard Spence completely, and hope he finds another team he can be a “fan” of.

91. By KLAWZ on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

@ Jared Allen

Nice work buddy…. i appreciated all your hard this year and the past…. you got that fire and drive thats lacking from the rest of our team…. hopefully they will show up next year for ya!

-From one hunter to another!

92. By mr smiff on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

@ Vikingsfool:
    Why are you putting all this on “Favre karma?” I know you’re upset over your teams’ misfortunes, but you sound irrational saying that. Let’s put the blame where it really belongs: the owner’s failure to seek and hire a quality GM.

93. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

You guys amaze me. Whenever AP use to fumble the ball like crazy would you be upset with me for saying he has a fumbling problem too?

94. By KLAWZ on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Here we go with no sacks in the 4th….. seriously spence you are uber stupid…. so what…. so if a guy only got sacks in the 4th you be like why didnt he get any in the 1st 2nd and 3rd…… he completley dominated on tackles and sacks…… 22 there little buddy! Pretty sure he broke the franchise record and almost took over the all time record…..

95. By KLAWZ on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Cant believe how stupid your argument is….. drives me nuts!

96. By KLAWZ on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

Your boy Ware had only 18….! Ha ha ha man he is terrible why cant he get 22 … so over rated!!!

97. By Vikingsfool on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

mr. smiff, it’s called a light hearted remark you moron. You shouldnt take everything so seriously

98. By Derrick.G on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

After this years horrid offense…..i kinda miss this guy.

99. By Spence on Jan 2, 2012 | Reply

^Lol. Reading the comments from the article and seeing Tavaris Jackson Believers.

100. By ozzinator on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

@ all – Just so you know, that’s an impersonator of me telling Spence to F off.

101. By Stephen Wenthold on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

I agree that the problem is the GM. We need help on Oline and the Dlline also. Our players are getting old. WR and defensive back. If we draft anything but db’s next year we should be all hunting down Speilman. wATCHING jaRED IS LIKE WATCHING mOSS OR ap HE IS JUST SO EXCITING AND HE GETS YOUR ADRENLINE FLOWING. Everyone have a great New Year and as always as a Vikings fan there will be next year.

102. By Mike B. on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

@Titus All games have to go through lambeau field. That’s a tough game to travel up to WI and play a packers team that gets just enough defense to win the game. Second string against the lions and they won. You have to figure the Packers are set for a Superbowl run. SF is probably the only team that could shut down Rodgers. NO it will be whoever scores the most. Giants don’t have enough defense to stop Rodgers. Sorry bud. I don’t like the cheeseheads, but they have the weapons to win.

103. By Mike B. on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

@spence You look at the Seahawks this year they lost as many games as they won. The wins are more about what’s around TJack that TJack himself. He maybe starting next year, but his time as a starting QB is coming to a close soon.. He is an average QB.

104. By 61vikings on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

Let’s give credit, where credit is due!! Jared Allen is a beast and deserves consideration for Defensive MVP!!! This guys motor never stops, just like John Randall, they never stop coming, they can’t help it if the other team gets tired of there LT getting beat all the time, so they decide to double and triple team him in the 4th quarter!!! He fell short by only a half sack for the record!! Brett Favre gave Michael Strahan the record by falling down in front of him!!! The Bears were not about to let him break the record against them, so they double and tripled teamed him in the 4th quarter!!!

105. By Viking33 on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

Jared Allen for GM!! – Oops too late!

106. By sandiamond on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

Jared Allen !! NFL’s “Fire in their belly” player of the year

107. By Frank on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

Jared Allen now holds the single season sack record at 22 sacks. Stahan’s final sack was bull***t fall down by Favre on a play that should have been a run. It was a gift from Favre to his friend Strahan. We haven’t forgotten and we never will.

108. By Rudso on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

If not J. Allen for the Defensive Player of the Year award than who? No one has really shined week in and week out this year like J. Allen. Who is he compared to at his position? It doesn’t matter, he recorded the most sacks. I don’t remember any performances that stood out from any other defensive position when compared to what Allen has done this season.

Should be easy vote for Defensive Player of the Year.

109. By Mike on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

Strahan’s record is a joke. TC Huddle is right! Jared Allen should be the all time sack leader. ttp://www.tchuddle.com/2012/01/why-jared-allen-should-be-the-nfls-all-time-sack-leader/

110. By Imbery40 on Jan 3, 2012 | Reply

spence… you are a complete and total idiot for thinking that jared is not a great player, the only reason he doesn’t have the sack numbers in the 4th qtr is because we were normally down come the 4th qtr so teams run the ball to run the clock out(its called clock management).

111. By Spence on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

Great players have many defining moments in crunch time. What is Jared Allens defining momemt?

112. By 61vikings on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

Spence, c’mon man!!! We need more J.Allen’s on this team!! One man does not make a team, but if we had more like JA, we would be in the playoffs every year!! Defining moment would be the day he signed with the Vikings!! We love to have him here!! Keep up the great work and maybe it will rub off on some of these average players we have on this team!!!!

113. By Spence on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

So the defining moment that made him great was signing with the Vikings? I rest my case. You guys cant name them because he doesnt have any. Theres no denying that he hes a phenomenal player. But c’mon if hes Great then I would At Least expect some Great moments in crunch time.

114. By jackieyou on Jan 4, 2012 | Reply

For those were, are in military service. Thank You! Spending time with family and loved ones, festivities on the holidays, the kids making a snowman and more…So many things are possible today because of our Veteran and Military heroes. We salute you brothers and sisters. Thank you and if you need a place for friendship, love, romance, marriage and even more, we are a honored to provide you with a choice__uniformedkiss.c o m_. It is tailored to personnel in uniform such as armed forces, police, navy, security, medical, ambulance, prison, air crew and fire fighters.

115. By Bill on Jan 7, 2012 | Reply

over-rated

2. Jan 25, 2012: Vikings Blog | The Sporting News Names Jared Allen Defensive Player Of The Year «