Vikings Place Peterson On Reserve/Injured, Promote Caleb King

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 26, 2011 – 3:02 pm

The Vikings made 4 roster moves on Monday afternoon, with 2 involving RBs and 2 involving TEs.

RB Adrian Peterson was placed on the Reserve/Injured list, and rookie Caleb King was promoted from the practice squad to take his place on the roster.

TE Allen Reisner was waived, and TE Mickey Shuler was promoted from the practice squad to take his place.

Tags: , , ,

18 Responses to “Vikings Place Peterson On Reserve/Injured, Promote Caleb King”

1. By sandiamond on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Hope they give Caleb a few touches next sunday! this is great

Mike can you give us a status on D. Reed ? we have been in the dark all season with the rookie

2. By Deertracks on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

We got our wish…Let us see if he continues his play action from preseason…

3. By Twoodsnvikes on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

I’d like to go ahead and prove all of you wrong who actually back the idea that you always play to win the game all of the time, especially wobs, since you are all wrong. Did you stop to consider for one moment when playoff teams that already have their position solidified sit their starters the final week or two so they are fresh and do not get injured for the playoffs?? Of course you didn’t, It’s because they have a greater goal then winning some meaningless game, in their case it would be winning their playoff games and ideally the superbowl. Well in our case, we should have sat our starters for two reasons: To not get our starters injured and to evaluate our young talent to know where we stand going into the draft. This could have made us lose it could have made us win. So now you all understand where you are wrong.

4. By sandiamond on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

by Ann Carroll on facebook:

RB Caleb King will be promoted from practice squad to take the place of Peterson…not sure at this point if he will be active for Sun vs. Chicago
    LikeUnlike · · Share · 2 hours ago · 5 people like this..

Ann Carroll : Decison will come later this week if he will be active or not
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike.

5. By SoCalVike on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

The NFL Gods hand the Vikings the greatest running back in history and it is so sad to see a Vikings brass never to of stepped up and surround A.P. with a monster pro bowl o-line, he should of been banging out 2,000 yard seasons and sporting a ring by now….I am just sick about this and feel so bad for our boy A.P.
    Next man up “In Toby We Trust”

6. By Viking33 on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Smelling another win this week against the Bear Nation. Because I live in Chicago I will gladly take a Vikes win, I guess some here would call me selfish…ok, I am selfish then, I can live with that. I will take a crushng defeat of the Bears to help soothe my offseason! Play the rooks, Play the em all, have some fun, kick some tail!!

7. By oklaviking on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

i cant believe they released allen reisner for shuler after they were raving for reisner earler this year

8. By partyhorn on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

hate ta ruin anybodys day but ap would not want sit and watch he plays with heart and would not be happy on the sidelines he was doin what he loves when he got hurt hope you recover ap and good luck

9. By Viking33 on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

I think they were higher on Shuler and they jumped at the chance to get him back after they tried and failed to move him to the practice squad after he was drafted last season. I think the Dolphins grabbed him away from us ( not sure ) But he was a good blocker at Penn State for sure – He should be able to fill Kleinsasser’s shoes.

10. By David P on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

Wobs you are wrong. These games are meaningless and the vikings need to play the non starters to see what this team needs next year. Let Harvin play one quarter, let Allen play one quarter then put in other players. Without AP for the start of next year the vikings can not afford to lose Harvin as well.

11. By NorthwoodsVikesFan on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

Must agree with Dares and the rest of the “forward thinking” fans. Minnesota had much more to gain by evaluating their rookie players to aid in draft selections. Nobody is saying “fall down and lose” – the strategy is to play the youngsters and let them try like heck to win the game. If we THEN win the game, we still come out ahead because we identified some excellent play by the rookies. If we lose, we still evaluated their play, and we didn’t drop down the totem pole in the draft pick. It’s called strategy, it’s called player development. What is the mantra we beat into our kids’ heads? “Winning Isn’t Everything.” Sometimes it’s OK to lose.

As far as the injury to AP goes and whether or not he should have been playing – that’s a non-issue. You can’t sit your players so they don’t get hurt, otherwise you’d never put them on the field. They can get hurt on ANY play, during ANY game. Heck – players and coaches even get seriously hurt standing on the sidelines. IF Adrian was to be pulled from the game, it should only be to give the coaches a chance to evaluate the other RBs.

We only have a couple of areas to improve – Offensive line, and defensive secondary – THEN see what happens!!!!

12. By D. Hagen on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

It would have nice to give Allen a chance to show what he could do. He didn’t have much of a chance

13. By Carl on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

I think Spielman should be fired because of his lousy drafting no offensive lineman in 2 years are you kidding me! Leslie fraizer should be fired also for his lousy roster moves and his lack of coaching during games. To spite common sense he will be back and Musgrave will be too. Pagec definately has to go. The Vikes should take the head coach from the Rams that will be fired at the end of the year and sign him as our DC. We need to get Leslie’s friends off the coaching staff. Let me be the GM with what i would do in F/A and the Draft we would be competive with the likes of Green Bay and Lions and put the Lions as well as the Bears back at the bottom of the Nfc North div as the two cellar dwellars.

14. By Carl on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

I think we should start Toby Gerhart and rotate Kalib King in to see what he can do. As far as the offensive line i say start Johnson LT, Berger LG, Sullivan C, Herrara RG, Loadholt RT. Second half Love LT, Fusco C, we need to see what these players can do. Start Rudolph at TE, rotate Shuler in at TE. Starting Harvin and Aromushado WR’s rotate in Arcenueax because i have heard he’s a good reciever so lets see what he can do. Take Harvin out after the first quarter. Keep evaluating our young defensive backs Raymond, Sherrels, Burton. I agree with the other blogger in here we need to see what we have before F/A or the draft rolls around.

15. By Dana in VA Beach on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

On another note. It would drive me crazy if the Vikings somehow acquire QB Luck. I say make Joe Cool ( Webb) the STARTER period! Rosenfels needs to be given a chance to compete for the job but would be my choice for no.2 QB. Ponder showed alot during his playing,BUT… he still needs to season as a player. No knew quarterbacks from next Aprils draft. Either secondary shows up against the Bears or they should be sent packing. Five of our losses were because the secondary got burned. I will always bleed purple, but thats how I see it.

16. By Stephen Wenthold on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

I will always bleed purple as well. I would appreciate it if the coaching staff let the rooks play and find out what we have. If they can’t play let them go and start over with the draft. As far as AP getting hurt and should have been on the side line. Playing football is his job. He is a professional and he should have been on the job. Any player can get hurt on any play in any game it is part of the game. AP is in my prayers and I look forward to him coming back next year sometime and showing all of the south sayers just how tough of a guy he is and run over everything in his way just like he did before the injury.GO VIKES AND GOJARED.

17. By Viking Joe on Jan 1, 2012 | Reply

I saw the play, I hope he’s alright, my prayers are with you AP

2. Dec 31, 2011: What Is a Successful ACL Reconstruction Surgery? [Adrian Peterson]