Asher Allen, Hutchinson Ruled Out; All Others Probable

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 23, 2011 – 11:54 am

The Vikings on Friday ruled CB Asher Allen (concussion/shoulder) and LG Steve Hutchinson out for Sunday’s game against the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field. Both players sustained their concussions last week against the Saints and neither player was able to participate in practice this week.

RG Anthony Herrera (knee), S Jarrad Page (hamstring), DT Kevin Williams (knee) and LB Erin Henderson (illness) were all full participants in practice on Friday and are all listed as probable.

Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier said earlier in the week that Joe Berger would start if Hutchinson was unable to play. It’s expected that rookie interior lineman Brandon Fusco could also see some action with Hutchinson unavailable.

Tags: , , ,
Posted in All | 56 Comments »

56 Responses to “Asher Allen, Hutchinson Ruled Out; All Others Probable”

1. By Derrick.G on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Ok.

2. By hippster on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

i miss winning ,but now it is time to lose.sit the 1st stringers ,send a bunch packing at the end of the year ,and rebuild the whole thing. top to bottom

3. By Cesar on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Im happy when Asher Allen doesnt play..it makes our secondary better

4. By Twoodsnvikes on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN

5. By Twoodsnvikes on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY NUMBER ONE PICK BABY

6. By LifeLongVikesFan on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

The 2-14 questiosn is? Does our new head coach campaign to take Luck or trade down.

7. By LifeLongVikesFan on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Billick,Cowher,Gruden, and Fisher all proven head coached that could quickly turn our ship around! I hope Zygi’s been on the phone.

8. By Twoodsnvikes on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

That is the question Lifelong…. both ways make a lot of sense. Luck will be a nearly guaranteed good/great QB in the NFL and has no history of injuries and has great size for the position…. but it will most likely be a few years to build the other pieces around him and get back to winning seasons…. Meanwhile Ponder has shown flashes of being a good NFL QB and we could get many starters by trading the first pick and have a good team. I’m sure our staff will make the wrong decision

9. By LifeLongVikesFan on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

I hope you’re correct Twoodsnvikes.

Here’s how we get the #1 pick.

10. By Twoodsnvikes on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Yeah colts still have to win, they will though it’s the Jags

11. By Viking33 on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

With the fact that there are absolutely no gaurantees in the draft, it only makes sense to get more picks. Luck is no gaurantee – Kalil is no Gaurantee – RG3 is no Gaurantee – the beat goes on and on. Make more picks and increase your odds of hitting a stud or two. There are going to be busts in every draft, experts through the years have been wrong time and time again. People say I am lucky becasue I always win Raffles – It is not Luck, I just buy more tickets than anyone else.

12. By Viking33 on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Report says Kleinsasser is hanging it up after this year – He has been a good player for the Vikes over the years. I hope he teaches Rudolph how to block before he goes :)

13. By VegasVike on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

guar·an·tee/ˌgarənˈtē/
    Noun:
    A formal promise or assurance (typically in writing) that certain conditions will be fulfilled, esp. that a product will be repaired or…

I know you don’t think there is much candle power in Las Vegas 33, but at least I know how to use spell check. Where did you learn to read and write?

14. By Viking Joe on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Does anyone think Loadholt should be moved to LG or RG? Because as a tacle he gets smoked by speed rushers. Can he be a competent guard?

15. By New Vike on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

@Viking33 I am with you the whole way on this one. I think if they have the top pick they have to trade it. Now that depends on what they would get for it, but the rumor i heard is that the pick may be worth 3 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks. That is insane! If they could truly get that much in return, you absolutely have to take that deal. Look at what trading Hercshal Walker did for the Cowboys. I make that move 100 times out of 100, i dont care who is available.

16. By New Vike on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

@Viking Joe I think Loadholt would be a good guard and is much more suited to be there than at tackle doing his best impression of a matador everytime he faces a speed rusher.

17. By VegasVike on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

In typical Viking fashion we will find a way to win one more game and position ourselves as the number three pick. Then use that pick for a RB or a TE.

18. By New Vike on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

I would laugh at that previous comment if it werent true. I have no faith that the right decision will be made no matter the draft spot.

19. By Dirty Nasty Legs on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings will trade our first round pick for Mark Brunell.

20. By Larry on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

I think the Vikes need to to draft a DB.Claibourne from LSU,would fit nice.then some offensive line help.Yes a GM would be good too.

21. By Viking-ology on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Ponder needs to be protected first and foremost. It’s a QB driven league and he needs a better O line.

22. By dryes on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

New Vike – Ponder is short and won’t be able to see his receivers if the 6’8″ Load is at guard… have you ever watched football before? There are facts that lead to outcomes. Wise up, boy.

23. By dryes on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

I say draft Luck if possible, get a an O-line, one or two DBs, make Webb a wide-out and see if POnder or Luck can play QB. Ponder IS a bit too short for my liking… bad draft pick in my opinion. Prove me wrong, Ponder. Oh, and Spielman needs to change job positions.

24. By Viking-ology on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Has anyone noticed the fact that the two Viking coaches with the worst records in franchise history are Les & Les. What are the odds!

25. By hippster on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

the vikings will get confused when the time comes time and lose their spot , happend before

26. By VegasVike on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Yes New Vike, it’s painful being a Viking fan. I guess we’re gluttons for punishment. At least we’re faithful fans.

27. By Viking Joe on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Besides when you block your not standing upright, your crouched in a stance.

28. By Viking Joe on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Ponder isn’t short and I think Loadholt would make a fine guard, he stinks as a tackle.

29. By Spence on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

jessica

30. By Derrick.G on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Drew Brees is short. He seems pretty good to me..

31. By Spence on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

cristina@

32. By Spence on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

We should of drafted Ryan Mallett

33. By Viking33 on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

???? VegasVike ……….Candlepower in Vegas, ya there is a lot I would think. Spellcheck……for whom, are you an english teacher? Is this being Graded? Spellcheck…….. really is that it?

34. By Twoodsnvikes on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Vikings will have number one pick

35. By VegasVike on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Ya pretty much 33, I took offense to your statement that everyone in Vegas must be unable to comprehend. That’s it.

36. By Viking33 on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Vegas – gotcha, point taken, comment retracted. I am sorry to stereotype an eniire populous like that. Go Colts!!

37. By Viking33 on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

The only thing Loadholt would make is a fine addition to another team! That guy is the best Drive Stopper we have on the team, it is just too bad he plays offense.

38. By VegasVike on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Thanks 33! And I’m with ya, whether we take Luck or trade bait him. Next years draft will be important to us.

39. By TITANIUM TITUS on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Well, the season is almost over. We can only go up from here.

40. By radzinwisconsin on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

Sanford stumbling around lmfao!

41. By TITANIUM TITUS on Dec 23, 2011 | Reply

One bright spot in recent weeks– it looks like the Pack will have some struggles trying to repeat. 49ers and Saints, especially are playing very well. And the Giants almost had the Pack and the so-so Chiefs held the Pack down– what to 7 points for about the first 90% of the game? Hee hee.

42. By VegasVike on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

Oh ya Titus! I can only hope the saints or niners bounce the pack in the playoffs. Funny, I don’t care for the dirty saints at all since the playoff game in 09, but at the same time I’d hate to see the pack repeat. I guess it’s GO NINERS’! GO COLTS!!

43. By TITANIUM TITUS on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

So true– the Saints only won that game by trying to murder Favre– they knew that was their only chance– pretty sad when you cannot win based on your performance, ability, talent, and skill, but have to resort to playing dirty.

44. By TITANIUM TITUS on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

I feel an upset in the making– Redskins are no Saints. They will be overcome by the Vikings ground and air assault.

45. By Mike B. on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

Hoping for a Vikings Victory today it is possible.
    Goo Viking
    s

46. By Dan on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

Everyone says Ponder is to short,does anyone remember Fran Tarkington?

47. By Carl K on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

Good luck to CB Brandon Burton and G Brandon Fusco. I hope you make the most of the playing time you get today!

Also good luck to our other rookies getting some playing time – Ponder, Rudolph, Ballard and M Raymond.

I think this draft class could turn out to be pretty good.

PLAY THE ROOKIES!!!!!!

48. By Spence on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

Fran had a cannon of an arm and had was a MUCH better “escape artist.” Ponder has a noodle arm and is not as good as Fran in the eluding the rush department.

49. By Carl K on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

Fran played when linemen were slow…

50. By Matthias on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

Even Peterson is tackled most of the time in the backfield… I hope Ponder survives this year…

51. By DAveJr on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

I am glad I am not in the hot seat of having to decide what to do in this years draft.. I honestly think that all we need is an o line and DB’s. However,,, I have noticed that drafting talent when it is in front of you is a very successful method to building a team. I think Ponder will do just fine is we protect him. Wideouts could be an issue but i think we have young talent in Aroma and Burton. Jenkins works out nicely too. I personally think that the Vikes have aquired some good players. It just seems like our O line and DB’s get burnt nearly every play.

52. By Carl K on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

Spence – after Fran’s first 2 years in the NFL he threw 40 TD and 42 int with QB rate of just over 70.2 He will be the first to admit he had a great defense back in the day that helped him win games.

In 1971 Fran threw 21 INT and just 11 tds with a QB rating of 65.4.

Ponder is doing just fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

53. By Spence on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

Ponder is doing horrific. He will never be a Franchise QB. Hes a poormans Mark Sanchez, at best.

54. By Viking Joe on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

Tarkenton had an average arm at best, no cannon arm, and regarding Sanchez he is overrated.

55. By Viking Joe on Dec 24, 2011 | Reply

Like it or not Ponder is the future !!!

56. By Bubba on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Not so fast!
    Joe Webb might be the future.