Peterson Returns To Practice On Limited Basis

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 8, 2011 – 5:41 pm

Vikings RB Adrian Peterson injured his ankle in Week 11 and has missed two games since. But on Thursday he practiced for the first time since the injury, leaving open the possibility that he’ll be able to suit up on Sunday in Detroit.

Peterson participated in practice on a limited basis, and now all 10 of the 11 players listed with injuries are practicing. Christian Ponder (hip) missed practice for a second consecutive day on Thursday. Steve Hutchinson (illness) and Brian Robison (concussion), who both missed practice on Wednesday, also returned to the practice field on Thursday.

The Lions still have a handful of players not practicing, including starters S Louis Delmas (knee), LB Justin Durant (hamstring), CB Chris Houston (knee) and RB Kevin Smith (ankle). Also missing from practice today were DT Nick Fairley (foot), DE Lawrence Jackson (thigh) and S Amari Spievey (illness). Players listed as limited participants were CB Brandon McDonald (thigh), G Rob Sims (shoulder) and DE Willie Young (ankle).

Tags:

19 Responses to “Peterson Returns To Practice On Limited Basis”

1. By Viking Joe on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

I hope AP plays if he’s healthy enough.

2. By vikefanforlife on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

cortland finnegan laron laundry? sounds good to me

3. By Parody on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

and now all 10 of the 11 players listed with injuries are practicing.

ALL 10 of the 11? Seems like there’s a word in there somewhere that doesn’t belong…

4. By TITANIUM TITUS on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

Oh Parody– give the kid a break.

5. By TITANIUM TITUS on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

I am wondering, though. Do we play the Bears this Sunday?

6. By TITANIUM TITUS on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

Maybe we play the Brewers?

7. By Parody on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

Titus – Did you start a new prescription recently? You seem…different…

8. By TITANIUM TITUS on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha ha– Parody, how so?

9. By vikefanforlife on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

tim tebow is a bust anybody agree?

10. By Parody on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Well, for one, you told me to back off on calling out the writing mistakes!

….that plus you’re acting kinda braindead…just not your M.O.

11. By Sir Greasy Panda on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

whats up guys?

12. By Sir Greasy Panda on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Musgrave said we would throw to Rudolph as “humanly possible” he better live up to this statement because the kid has the same type of physical tools and hands as Gronkowski,
    Everyone was talking about Denvers defense but we moved the ball well and aromashadou (?) deserves more time, also like to see Burton out there, that 3rd down conversion was huge.
    Maybe Ponder should just treat every down like 3rd because he is clutch on 3rd downs

13. By Foreveraviking on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Never. Ever. want that stupid clown finnegan on my team. No…no…no, no, no…no

14. By Viking Joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

I don’t believe that is Titus, he is much more intelligent than that. It must be a packer infiltrator trying to pass himself off as Titus.

15. By TITANIUM TITUS on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

No, actually it was me, the real Titus. It has just been a long semester and it just ended yesterday– plus my freelance work is really taking off– so if I seem goofy on here, it is just an outlet from too much cerebral exercise, let alone that I cannot cycle outside anymore.

Parody– it’s just that we know by now that Mike W. makes way too many errors- he does not seem to be motivated to work harder when his audience calls him out– which tells a lot about him– need to let it go. Then again, my references to playing the Brewers and Dolphins are a subtle ribbing of Mike– remember when he wrote we were playing the Redskins on the Sunday we played the Falcons? So, yes, the real Titus is alive and well.

16. By jabal1 on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Vikes play at the home of the Lions and Tigers, but no Bears… Oh my

17. By stonet on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

If AP is less than a 100 perc I don’t want to see him play, what do we have to gain by throwing him out there unhealthy when we have 2 wins on the season

18. By Frederick Jones on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings are like GM and Chrysler before those companies went bankrupt.
    It was design by committee.

Both of these companies had great designs for their cars, the problem was that they were fighting amongst themselves.

Buick against Cadillac

Dodge against Plymouth

They were not sharing parts and other resources.

The Vikings are the same way. I have been saying for months:
    NO ONE PERSON COULD BE THAT DUMB.

The Vikings must come up with a way to organize their company in a way where they are not competing against one another.

Don’t do it my way, I’m just a stupid fan. But get it done!!!

19. By James on Dec 10, 2011 | Reply