Allen, Peterson Lead Positions In Pro Bowl Voting

Posted by Mike Wobschall on December 1, 2011 – 4:57 pm

Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson have been among the best players at their positions this season, and fans are voting accordingly. Allen is the leading vote getter among all NFL DEs with 488,239 votes and Peterson is the leading vote getter among all NFL RBs and the 5th leading vote getter in all of the NFL with 680,428 votes.

Earlier this week, we promoted Vikings LB Chad Greenway as being worthy of consideration. Another big game on Sunday against Denver parlayed with a few impact plays – forced/recovered fumbles, INTs and sacks – along the way will start to garner him more consideration.

2012 Pro Bowl voting will continue online and on web-enabled mobile phones through Monday, December 19. Click here to cast your vote.

The teams will be announced at 7:00 pm (ET) Tuesday, December 27 on a special NFL Total Access 2012 Pro Bowl Selection Show on NFL Network.

The 2012 Pro Bowl will be played on Sunday, January 29, 2012 and televised live on NBC at 7:00 pm (ET) from Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii. The AFC and NFC All-Star squads are based on the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches. Each group’s vote counts one-third toward determining the 43-man rosters that represent the American Football Conference and National Football Conference in the Pro Bowl. NFL players and coaches will cast their votes on December 21-22.

The NFL is the only sports league that combines voting by fans, coaches and players to determine its all-star teams. It was the first professional sports league to offer online all-star voting in 1995.

Tags: , ,

27 Responses to “Allen, Peterson Lead Positions In Pro Bowl Voting”

1. By Viking Joe on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

They both are deserving of the accolades !!!!!!!!

2. By Mike B. on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

I wish McNabb luck and hope he catches on a new team. I think the McNabb decision was the right one for this team at the time. The results were not as good as hoped for. Still I agree with the decision to get McNabb. I know someone will disagree with me, but oh well.

3. By VegasVike on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

@Mike B…
    I never liked the idea from the get go but rooted for him irregardless. Now you can disagree with me, they shoulda kept Favre on the payroll one more year. We would have won more games even if he was in a wheelchair.

4. By Mike B. on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

lol

5. By Kody Wiig on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

I bet he would have been in wheel chair with this o line!

6. By Kody Wiig on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

Dude I am like physcho viking fan and this year just totally sucks why is it the vikings cannot consistantly field a good team like 98 then nothin for ten yrs I have my theory same as anyone else but I think we have regressed really bad AGAIN I don’t want to point fingers but I don’t think leslie is our man I would like them to maybe go to the past look at brian billick or denny green jmo loved them guys

7. By Shawn on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

Sidney Rice on IR … again, who did I make tha guarantee to?

Some people miss games and some dont, our front office made the right call on this one.

8. By VegasVike on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

Kody man don’t forget 2002 (conference loss to Giants) Embarrassing but nevertheless they were there. And 2009! But I concur, 1998 was the pinnacle, I recorded the whole season (VHS) and still watch the Lambau massacre and Cowboys massacre from time to time. It’s all we got!!

9. By Kody Wiig on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

Vegas o god don’t remind me worst lose in history real awesome ha I guess I am just venting I don’t need my team to win the bowl every year but be in the hunt would be nice our division is so stacked now we are on the outside lookin in

10. By VegasVike on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

I hear ya,I’m just as frustrated believe me. Unfortunately the window closed in New Orleans huh? They’ll be back!!

11. By TheRealDon on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

Mike W…I have a question.. Where is Emmanuel Arceneaux ?.. How has he looked at practice ?..

12. By Shawn on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

TJack looked good tonight.

13. By Mike B. on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

Wow the eagles must be imploding on themselves.

14. By Frederick Jones on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

@ Derrick G, Dave, TheRealDon, Mike B., Bill, Tyler Harris, Lou Betts, Dionte, and PuckerTrucker,

You guys are great but we are not seeing much HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER
    action are we?

I am not getting paid to do this! lol So I am not forming a club.

My predictions for next years draft….drum roll:

1st Round…Defensive Tackle
    2nd Round…Wide Receiver
    3rd Round…Running Back
    4th Round….Linebacker
    5th Round…Defensive Back
    6th Round…Quarterback
    7th Round…Offensive Lineman

Apparently that is what you all want, plus that is what you will get.
    Complaining about the Coaches or Players WON’T DO DIDDLEY.

“HEAR ME NAA AND BELIEVE ME LATOR!” (The correct spelling is lator!)
    Arnold Swartzenegger

15. By Frederick Jones on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

I read thru all of the last 3 blogs and never saw even one
    HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!

So expect a draft like the one above!

16. By TheRealDon on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!

17. By Frederick Jones on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

You want proof the Vikings problems are in the front office.

I cannot give you proof. No one can.

Yet consider the following:

St. Louis Rams (one of the worst teams in the NFL)
    2005-2011 7 years…..6 Head Coaches

Detroit City Lions (Incredibley bad in the 2000s, below .450 for sure)
    2000-2009 10 long years…7 Head Coaches

Arizona/Phoenix/St. Louis/Chicago Cardinals (Wow son, they were horrible!)
    1943-1953 11 years…..8 Head Coaches NOT COUNTING REPEAT COACHES.

Minnesota Vikings…(okay only 2 bad years)
    2001-2011 11 years…..4 coaches

IT IS A TREND FOR BAD TEAMS TO FIRE COACHES REPEATEDLY and your beloved franchise appears headed towards that.

H I R E A G E N E R A L M A N A G E R ! ! !

18. By Frederick Jones on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

By the way, I only checked 4 NFL teams for my statistics on firing coaches.

The true story is far, far, far worse than I have demontrated.

19. By Frederick Jones on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

20. By Frederick Jones on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

@Mike B.,

THE VIKINGS HAVE BEEN IMPLODING SINCE 2003.

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!!!

21. By Nicholas on Dec 2, 2011 | Reply

@ Fred

If our draft is that atrocious next year…I wil QUIT watching football until we HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. By Jen on Dec 2, 2011 | Reply

I think we need a new coach as well. Leslie Frazier just is not getting the job done, the guy has no emotion or excitement during the games… HE NEEDS TO GO…

23. By Kyle on Dec 2, 2011 | Reply

i agree with ya Jen but theres not to much to be excited about. The vikings are in rebuilding stage now. We have our quaterback, runningback, tightends, and d line. In the draft were obviously going to get amazing picks i say we trade down and get some more maybe an o linemen or to DB and a reciever 5 picks in the first four rounds thats what we need to do. Also E.J. needs a replacement, that guys old and can’t run as well as he used to

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!

24. By Jdude on Dec 2, 2011 | Reply

Favre was in a Wheel chair with last years line. He would just be a little better.

25. By PURPLEBLOOD on Dec 2, 2011 | Reply

ONE telling truth about a badly managed team is player turnover and draft misses ,we have been of late bringing in washed up vets that was cast off by their original teams , instead of developing our young players , hate to say it but look at G.B. no turnover same guy’s in same system at least for five years! the key to success in the NFL is draft well and draft plenty bring in complementary player not to be feature guy’s so as it go’s were not in the ball park , we have alot of pieces in place like RB, i think QB, TE ect. we need O-LINE 1, DB’s AND LB’s and most of all GM with some scope! and a smarter usage or personnel meaning better coaching and preparation ! GO VIKES !

26. By Bigfan1 on Dec 3, 2011 | Reply

Better to have two top players than none. I think there needs to be more accountability in management, if a company is faltering it’s management’s fault, it’s not the workers. The workers only do what management tells them to. Listening to Frazier all year I don’t think he ever knew how to fix the problem. I wonder if the players get along with each other or maybe they’re warring within the ranks. The players themselves keep saying they’re tired of losing but yet they continue to lose.

27. By Marlin Wyo Viking Fan on Dec 4, 2011 | Reply

In my opinion, there are only two players on this team that play every down. Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen…yet Chad Greenway shows up occasionally. AP gets most of his yards all on his own. The O-line is horrific. Can you actually be a too large of man to play in the NFL? (As in Phil Loadholt!) The man cannot move his feet. Our defensive backs have many problems also yet some due to injuries. Winfield is greatly missed!! We CANNOT stop anyone on 3rd down. Hopefully Ponder will be our guy. But he needs blocking and recievers. We the Vikings will get better! As I say at the beginning of every year, the Vikes will be Super Bowl champs! GO VIKES!