Vikings Make Several Changes To Roster

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 29, 2011 – 5:33 pm

There were no press conferences and players have the day off, but Tuesday was still a busy day at Winter Park as the Vikings made several changes to the active roster and the practice squad. After a rash of injuries, a few of which came in last Sunday’s game against the Falcons, the Vikings have placed 4 players on the Reserve/Injured (IR) list and signed 5 others to the active roster/practice squad.

S Husain Abdullah, WR Michael Jenkins, S Tyrell Johnson and long snapper Cullen Loeffler were all placed on IR. Jenkins, Johnson and Loeffler were all injured last Sunday, while Abdullah has missed the last two games after suffering a concussion against the the Packers in Week 10.

To fill those four roster spots, the Vikings signed WR Stephen Burton, long snapper Matt Katula, S Jarrad Page and S Andrew Sendejo. The team also signed TE Mickey Shuler to the practice squad. There was one opening on the practice squad after the Vikings promoted Allen Reisner to the active roster last Saturday and waived Burton to make room for the move.

Vikings fans will recognize the names of Burton and Shuler because both have been with the team recently. Burton was a 7th-round pick in last April’s draft and has been with the Vikings the entire season. Shuler was also a 7th-round pick of the Vikings (2010) but was claimed by the Miami Dolphins when the Vikings tried to clear him through waivers to add to the practice squad.

Page might also be a recognizable name because he’s a 6-year veteran out of UCLA who has spent time with Kansas City, New England and Philadelphia. He was a 7th-round pick of the Chiefs in 2006, was acquired via trade by the Patriots in 2010, signed with the Eagles in August of 2011 and then was released by the Eagles earlier this month.

Katula is a 6-year veteran out of Wisconsin who has spent time with the Baltimore Ravens (2005-09) and the Patriots (2010). New England signed Katula in November of 2010 and then waived him in August of this year.

Sendejo went undrafted out of Rice in 2010 and has spent time with the Dallas Cowboys and NY Jets. In November of 2010 Sendejo was signed to the Cowboys practice squad and then was promoted to the active roster just days later. In September of this year, Sendejo was claimed by the Jets off waivers, was later waived and re-signed, and was finally waived again on September 27.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

112 Responses to “Vikings Make Several Changes To Roster”

1. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

You could re-arrange, sign anyone you want, and you’ll still suck a**!!! SKOL F*** THAT!!

2. By Mike B. on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

I am still wondering why the team is not looking at
    Emmanuel Arceneaux. They have signed and waived Burton why not give Arceneaux a chance at the active roster.

3. By Jdude on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

F*** you cheese head. Get off this sight.

4. By Viking Joe on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Go root for the Niners, Cali.

5. By Mike B. on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

I wonder why they didn’t wave Asher Allen. He hasn’t played all that well either.

6. By Mike B. on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

oops put Asher Allen on IR

7. By Mike B. on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Now that Jags owner annouced he is selling the team and that opens the possibility of the Jags going to LA. This gives both parties in MN a chance to negotiate a bit longer. Looks like the Jags are cleaning house.

8. By Jdude on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

No the new owner of the Jags is keeping the team in Jacksonville.

9. By Mike B. on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Ah yes I see that, but I am sure the owner will look at both markets before making a decision.

10. By Viking-ology on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Vikes need to clean house too-no more leftovers from Reids coaching staff.

11. By Mike B. on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@Viking-ology You will get no arguement from me on that and I would rather they fire the entire coaching staff and start fresh.

12. By Mike B. on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Oh yeah and take Spielman with them

13. By Bilbo on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Typical remark from a “packer backer”. Laced with cheap profanity and very little else.

14. By Viking-ology on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

I think with the stadium solution a fresh start is needed from front office to entire coaching staff. I really think we need a highly motivated emotional coach who commands respect from his players, holds them accountable and knows how to put a good supporting staff together. Jeff Fischer John Gruden or Bill Cohwer would be my choices.

15. By Viking-ology on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Right you are Mike B.

16. By Viking-ology on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

We also should have picked up Brandon LLoyd when we had a chance.

17. By Mike B. on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

I think they should keep Wobby he does a great job with the site

18. By Tim on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Why the F*ck does that dumb a$$ Les Frasier still have that lazy pile of $hit Remi Ayadele on the team. Frazier has a couple of guys that deserve more playing time. Ayadele is just a bad football player get rid of him.

19. By CaliViking on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Cali packers fans get there a** beat and are the biggest buncha princess’
    Trust me……
    a Cali VIKINGS fan! SKOL

20. By Viking-ology on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

No Probs with Wobs here. I know sometimes he takes alot of flak, but my only concern is what happens on the football field-as long as I am able to vent, and trust me this year I have more than ever then I am fine with it. After all we are only glorified armchair QB’s for the Minnesots Vikings. SKOL!

21. By Viking-ology on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

My Prediction for this weekend’s game…Frazier will throw the red flag- Viking fans will check out the replay on their cell phones and signal Frazier from their seats!

22. By Mike B. on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

True that on the armchair qb but I do a lot of reading on the team and keep up with what’s going on. I haven’t had much to cheer about but we have had some good plays

23. By sandiamond on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

holy cow!

24. By sandiamond on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Page and Katula could help the team. 5 TE’s now! how about Arch we need a quick, fast short route runner

25. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@Derrick G., Dave, TheRealDon, and Frederick Jones,

TOO many VP’s not enough Indians won’t get it done when it comes to
    your ridiculous drafts, trades, and free agency!

Wise up!

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!!!

26. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

we need a general MANAGER!
    we need a GENERAL MANAGER!
    we need A GENERAL MANAGER!
    we NEED A GENERAL MANAGER!
    WE NEED A GENERAL MANAGER!

What we need to do more than anything else (and I am SO SURE about this) is
    GET SOME TALENT AT OFFENSIVE LINE, DEFENSIVE BACK, AND NOW WIDE RECEIVER!!!

How do we go about it? I say hire a GENERAL MANAGER to clean up the mess left by the current FRONT OFFICE administration since 2003.

Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians WILL NOT GET IT DONE.

I don’t believe in co-coaches. Someone has to be in charge of any organization. Right now, that is in question with the MN VIKINGS.

27. By TheRealDon on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

I hope they play the new safety’s..They should have signed a corner too..

28. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@Derrick G, Dave, and TheRealDon,

Keep pushing. Do not give in to the negative nellies. We want to push for
    positive change.

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!!!

29. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

we need a general MANAGER! :)
    we need a GENERAL MANAGER! :)
    we need A GENERAL MANAGER!
    we NEED A GENERAL MANAGER!
    WE NEED A GENERAL MANAGER!

What we need to do more than anything else (and I am SO SURE about this) is
    GET SOME TALENT AT OFFENSIVE LINE, DEFENSIVE BACK, AND NOW WIDE RECEIVER!!!

Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians WILL NOT GET IT DONE.

30. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Too many chiefs and not enough indians will not get it done.

31. By CanadianVF on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Wow, more shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. How about we pony up some serious money for some proven management and coaches with a winning track record. I like the idea of Steve Fisher for head coach and Cohwer as the new General Manager. What do you think ? We can only dream !

32. By sandiamond on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Don, NE doing a lot of shuffling in the backfield. Would have liked for the vikes to try S Ross Ventrone and/ or CB Phillip Adams. This new bunch is very questionable imo

33. By DesertViking on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Kick Cook off the team and sign a new corner. I can’t believe we didn’t bring back Frank Walker.

34. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

There may appear to be a hole in my theory.

But remember our Vikings organization is unique with the multiple VPs and no General Manager.

Even if the GM is a bad one we would be better off.

In fact, you could employ my MOTHER as GM and we would DRAFT better!

NO ONE PERSON CAN DRAFT AS BAD AS THE VIKINGS HAVE SINCE 2003!!!

35. By TheRealDon on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

I just wish cook had a better attitude he is our best corner..

36. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

37. By CanadianVF on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

I was hoping that Houston would take Mcnabb off our hands but they decieded on Delhomme instead. We can only dream !

38. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@CanadianVF,

Jeff Fisher for GENERAL MANAGER
    Leslie Frazier for HEAD COACH

39. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

We need to get on the same page, my fine feathered friends.

40. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Preferably my page.

But I could be convinced otherwise if YOUR PLAN has common sense like mine!!!

41. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!!!

42. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Four words!!!

43. By sandiamond on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

yea we could use F. Walker. He is playing on sunday’s now somewhere
    the cards promoted our former WR J.Johnson to the team this week, just a sidenote

44. By YourMama on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Asked what specific explanation he received from his assistants for why things went awry, Frazier steered into the vague lane.

“We were talking about some things that occurred and some things that we’ve got to do a better job of communicating between myself and them,” he said. “If we’re ever in that situation again, we just have to be a lot clearer on what we want to get communicated.”

Yes that is the Head Coach of the Mn. Vikings ladies and gentlemen. Can anyone decipher the gibburish.

45. By YourMama on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

On why he missed the TD challenge.

46. By CanadianVF on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@ Frederick, well I would rather see Frazier as a G M than a head coach. But I still think we would have a lot more experience and credibility with Cowher as G M.

47. By sandiamond on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

4 total wr’s on the squad to play sunday, Harvin / Aromashodu / Camarillo / Burton (no nfl catch)

Can you say THIN?

48. By NORviking on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

I follow the vikings all the way from Norway(true viking country btw), and even i can see that our backfield is completely rotten. In addition to that the Oline is terrible and we only have one good WR in harvin. The worst thing about this whole season imo is that Lez still won’t admit that we need to start fresh, maybe he’s starting to say some things that point in that direction now. But they should’ve said it earlier and started thinking about trades(for picks preferably) and giving some of the unproven guys a shot. u never know untill u see em in action in the big leagues!

Btw the way the vikes play this year looks just as bad from half the world away, i feel your pain fellow vikings!

49. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@CanadianVF,

I am not arguing with you about Frazier, for all I know that could be a good move.
    On the other hand he could be doing a good job as was Childress before Moss was acquired.

Firing the Head Coach is not always a good move, but sometimes it is a good move. But we could also be passing the buck as the St. Louis Cardinals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles, and Green Bay Packers did in years gone by.

Are the players at fault? Perhaps. But if they don’t have enough talent, then the blame needs to go to the VPs, Scouts, and Owners.

I have come to the conclusion that the overall talent of the Vikings is extremely low. Can I as a coach make someone who runs a 5 second 40 yd dash, suddenly run one in 4.5 seconds? Maybe with a lot of time I can.

So the players need to be talented in the first place.

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!!!

50. By CanadianVF on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@ NORviking , you rock ! How come we aren’t getting the weekly update on Jarrad Allens sack total and how close is he to 100 for his career.

51. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@NORVikings,

What you said about Frazier made me remember something from the Childress years. Childress had problems because he did not have enough POWER.

Childress should have been able to acquire RANDY MOSS, and release RANDY MOSS. He did not appear to be able to either without consequence.

THAT IS SILLY in the NFL (which stands for Not For Long, when you don’t give the Head Coach any POWER.)

Frazier has very little power, when it comes to personnel moves.
    That is suicide in the NFL.

52. By NORviking on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@ CanadianVF
    Thank you! and ive been wondering that myself, maybe even Mike W is beginning to see the need for changes? Hoping to take the trip over to MN to see the vikings next years, they better not suck as much or im gonna go demand my flight money back from one of the 100 VP’s! (disclaimer: trip will only be taken if the Vikings still excist)

53. By sandiamond on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

You are right Fred Jones. When we need another player it is like another department in a corporation. Leslie sends the order over and has nothing to do with the selection of talent to fill that order

54. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Les Steckel would might still be the Head Coach of the MN Vikings if the
    GM at that time didn’t side with the players.

I was told that by an assistant coach of the Vikings.

Steckel had no power.

Grant did.
    Green did.
    Burns did.

All three of those guys had great records with the Vikings!

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!

55. By NORviking on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@ CanadianVF

Still is kinda the same story as J.A.s sack numbers tho…

56. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@Sandiamond,

I would assume that Frazier has some input in personnel moves. The Head Coach should have ALL the power in personnel moves (If the money is there).

It’s his head on the line, and he must believe in his players.

Maybe Frazier must be fired. But then have some COMMON SENSE and give the new coach the power of player personnel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

57. By CanadianVF on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@ Frederick, I guess what I am trying to say and usually not very well is tha I think we keep rolling the dice on people who we hope can do the job even though they have no track record that they can. We keep saying we need to give this guy a chance and so more time goes by and then we come to the conclusion that they cannot get it done. In my opinion Norv Turner is an excellent example of a proven track record as an offensive coordinator, but as a head coach he just cannot cut it. What is the name of the guy who was great as a defensive coordinator and then they gave him the head coaching job in Buffalo and he bombed. Wade Phillips is who I am trying to say. I think he is back to doing what he is good at Defense. We do not have time with some of the talent on this team to looking here and there for a diamond in the rough.

58. By sandiamond on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Something is not right with the order of power in this organization. Heck nfl writers think Spielman is the GM. How can a nfl club exist without a general manager?

59. By CanadianVF on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@ NORviking, yes you need to go to a home game. I have never been to a home game because I cannot afford it, but it is on my bucket list and some day I will get there. Don’t worry I cannot fathom them ever going to L A, it just doesn’t make sense to me. They have to stay in Minnesota !

60. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@Mike B,

I also wonder about Arceneaux. His credentials are good. Perhaps there are some injuries, or ? that prevent him from seeing game time.

61. By allan on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

There isn’t enough draft picks that will improve the Vikes and all the holes they have. I think free agency will have to be looked at. We might have used too much money sighning Greenway and Peterson. Peterson was worth the money but Greenway is giving up too many “free catches” to RB’s and TE’s. E.J. Henderson has heart but his body just can’t cover anyone around his area either. I hate to say it but LB is a need in the draft/free agency also.

Allan – Cottage Grove

62. By sandiamond on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Arceneaux wasn’t used hardly any in preseason. I guess that’s our clue

63. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@CanadianVF,

Again we are of similar opinion.

My gripe two years ago was that we did nothing to help the offensive line, and most other bloggers were like “he will lose the weight” or “we’ll have different schemes which will make up for lack of talent” or “we had too many injuries.”

The too many injuries was correct, but we didn’t have a good OLine when they were healthy!!!

We have to be more careful how we draft, and spend money.

64. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER FOR THE mn vikings.

65. By CanadianVF on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@ NORviking, Greenway is really elevating his game lately and I think he is definitely worthy of consideration. He certainly is justifying the big contract he got and if he stays on the pace he is on then he will have had a very good season.

66. By Frederick Jones on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@allan,

that is why…

WE NEED TO HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!

It becomes a little like the dutch boy trying to hold out the water by sticking
    his finger(s) in the holes in the wall. As the Vikings wait, more holes develop.

I feel that much of the LB poor play is caused largely by the DB play and the scheme we use. Linebackers are not supposed to guard WRs. And the defense is on the field too much!!!

67. By CanadianVF on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@ Frederick, yes the spending of the money is real skill in itself, and can have a great deal to do with what happens in the future. That got me thinking about that Red what was his name from Texas who used to own the Vikings and he wouldn’t spend any money. I remember seeing this list of what teams spent , some were signitigantly over the cap, some just under and then the Viking were 30 million under the cap. (ha ha !), no wonder we struggled.

68. By CanadianVF on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

I do think that E J’s strength over the years has been stopping the run. The other middle linebacker Jasper who has been out all year is similar in that mode. I have to give Henderson props for coming back from some tremendous adversity (injuries) but they seem to be taking their toll.

69. By sandiamond on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

Joe Webb working out at WR this week in practice? The team has lost starters Berrian and Jenkins

“of course not he is our emergency quarterback”

70. By CanadianVF on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

What happened to Jenkins ?

71. By andrew neighbors on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

vikings fell apart after they lost NFC SHIP to SAINTS. it time for change

72. By sandiamond on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

This a joke that Stephen Burton could be in the line-up multi receiver sets. The very last pick by Spielman( bottom of the barrell to get a wr). All other nfl clubs would have cut in training camp

73. By NORviking on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@ CanadianVF

yeah i also have to save up some money, being a student and all, but it’ll happen for sure!
    on the Greenway article; i didn’t mean to say he wasn’t worthy, i was just saying the article is almost the same as the jared allen sack numbers article you said was m.i.a this week(and last, might have something to do with JA not getting any sacks the last 2 weeks if i remember correctly).

on a sidenote: am i the only one thinking that we’re only picking up trash atm? just filling gaps with players thats gonna be gone soon anyways… I understand that we need players in all positions and so on, but wouldn’t it be a better idea to up younger players instead of signing a 6 or 7 year vet… at least with a young unproven player you might find gold, and if you don’t you just cut him when his contract is up(which i assume is 1 year for all free agents?)

anyways, focus on rebuilding, focus on ponder getting better, focus on the younger players that might actually have a shot, focus on unproven young players instead of proven rotten vets, who knows, maybe you find potential….

74. By Parody on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

NORviking – Two of those guys are young unproven players. The other two are more or less stop-gap fixes. We need a long snapper who knows how to do the job until Loeffler is healthy. It doesn’t do the team any good to look for a replacement there. The 6-year safety is a bit more questionable, but they also grabbed a second year safety, so they covered both ends at that position.

75. By NORviking on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

@ parody
    yeah i saw that after a second read through, but i was also thinking more along the lines of this entire season, mcnabb(ok they didnt know this was gonna be a rebuilding season, but still) benny sapp and Jenkins(ok player at times i guess, but can’t really see him staying longterm).
    But yeah ur right i was a bit triggerhappy on that last post, the end of the post still stands tho:)

76. By CJ on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

We are super thin at WR and have a kid who seems like he could be awesome who is on the practice squad Arceneaux who had a good CFL career and has speed and can probably even get open unlike any of our other receivers except Harvin. He looked good in preseason too with the slim playing time he got and even had catches over corners. Look at utube highlights of him-pretty awesome.

77. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

I’m a waste of skin
    I’m a waste of skin
    I’m a waste of skin

78. By alex on Nov 29, 2011 | Reply

i say put all the rooks in. cant do any worse. we need anyone else at OLINE. bc our current oline is trash. cant believe we cut mckinne

79. By Wise1 on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

REAlLY????

80. By Wise1 on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

@ Alex- Mckinnie was a joke! I had much more to say about that blob but I keep getting blocked. And I’m saying it in the nicest way possible. I think the site feels the venom….

81. By DesertViking on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

Glad to see we utilize all FOUR of the tight ends that we have taking up space in the 53 man roster. I’m also glad to see that Chris Cook is contributing so much to this team and really deserves his spot in the 53 man roster.

82. By Alex on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

Well let me put this as good as i possible can, we really suck. I really like Jerrad Page from KC. I think it is time to go get a vet WR in free agency and then lets get things done. I think that if we start Page and i like burton but we need T.O. go get him and fast he has a lot talent left and he will be good for Ponder. Do these and we should do something.

83. By Derrick.G on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER
    HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER
    HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER
    HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER
    HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER

We really can use one here.

84. By Derrick.G on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

Cali Packers Fan, Can you go die in a ditch so i dont have to breathe in all the smog your emitting here in cali please?

85. By Mike B. on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

@Wise1 You can say all you want about McKinney but the fact is he is play back at expectations with the Ravens. Very few are getting to Flacco. I think there was a lack of motivation to do well here in MN and the new team and Matt Birk renewed a fire in him. It’s too bad we just used him as an example and fired him without trying to coach him and remotivate him. We didn’t have a replacement for him and have suffered all season due to this decision.

86. By Mike J on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

Page sucked at KC he sucked at NE and at that time they were in need of a safety and still cut him, he sucked at Philadelphia even with the fact that he was playing behind three pro bowl corners but Frazier thinks he’s a good player so he’ll most likely start. The only thing I’m wondering is how much do the Wilfs know about football like seriously do you really think fans would pay tax for a stadium to support this pathetic team. The Wilfs need to start worrying about the teams performance and seriously make some changes to up this teams play. Performing well pays off if our team was performing good on the field, getting a new stadium would be no hassle so these owners need to start worrying about the team and everything else will come in play. Fire Frazier, his coaching staff, and Rick Spielman for all the bad decisions he’s cost us.

87. By Mike B. on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

McKinney is not the only OL or DL to show up overwieght at training camp. Coach Frazier decided to make an example of him and fired him out of hand to set a tone for the team. He didn’t have a replacement in place with the same quality. It is obvoious now that the effect he desired was lost on the team. Lots of expamples of lack of discipline on this team. McKinney had issues but he played at a probowl level and that’s something you can’t find easily. Just my two cents.

88. By Mike B. on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

Hire a General Manager

89. By Mike J on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

Mike B I’ve been saying this since the move happened we never had a replacement but this so called coach still made the move which has cost our team. We need a new coach to I seriously don’t want to see Frazier on our sidelines next season or his staff.

90. By PuRpLe n' GoLd on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

i cant wait to see stephen burton, i hope he can be an explosive play making reciever

91. By chon69 on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

It doesn’t matter what coach is on the sidelines when you don’t have enough talent on your team. Wishing for new coaches and all that craziness just shows how far off base fans are. Sure the coaching staff isn’t top notch but the front office is worse and has been for some time. Spielman has driven this team into the ground and it shows badly. Everyone wants instant success in this league but history shows (Packers are a good example) that you need to build over a period of time. Whining, crying, calling for coaches to be fired and bashing by fans or fans of opponents hasn’t won a single game yet.

92. By chon69 on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

@CanadianVF – His name was Red McCombs. A car dealership owner that lives here in San Antonio, TX. Another example of a fool and his money. Just because he has money doesn’t mean he knows football!

93. By Bill on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

I think we need a new General Manager. And I would like to see former Vikings Offensive Coordinator (1992-1998) Brian Billick, as that choice….JMO

94. By chon69 on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

@Bill – I would welcome that change. He doesn’t have the title of doctor in front of his name for no reason.

95. By Jonny V on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

So who starts at SS this weekend against the Broncos?

96. By DieHardViking on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

TWO WORDS…….cut Loadholt

He is nothing but a worthless pile.

97. By Viking33 on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on with the personnel on this team. I second the Loadholt cut btw – the only thing he does consistently is stop our drives. Does Arceneaux even exist? Last preseason game this season – Speilman and his 5 minutes of fame in the pressbox raived about him…….and not even a sniff of the roster. Shouldn’t that really say it all, brass picks him up and loves him, coaching staff won’t play him. It would seem that a system of checks and balances really does not exist – You need the common powerful voice of a GM. Where do you go to find out what is really going on with this team – I get dizzy with all the Spin on this site!

98. By dew on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

we need a general MANAGER!
    we need a GENERAL MANAGER!
    we need A GENERAL MANAGER!
    we NEED A GENERAL MANAGER!
    WE NEED A GENERAL MANAGER!

99. By dew on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

100. By DrinkHeavyVikingsFan on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

Guys, again, please stop with the fire Frazier stuff..it’s just not gonna happen. Zig will not pay both Chilly and Frazier..we are stuck with Frazier, like him or hate him. If he is a smart guy, he needs to make a move and send some assistant coaches packing. Granted, this team is not chock full of talent, but they don’t look prepared, motivated or well-coached during the games. Hopefully Frazier lets loose because it’s not all on the players.

101. By BC on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

This is all fallout from the ’09 Failed Championship Season. Some players came into 2010 with a feeling of entitlement. Like the Saints game had been *stolen* from them by fair means and foul. Didn’t seem like they were playing that hard for 4 consistent quarters last year (similar to this season), and we ended up 6-10 with a qb shakeup and head coaching change. Trouble is, THIS season, the coaching/personnel cadre seems to be following the 2010 mantra: STOPGAP MEASURES. “We’re still good enough to be a Superbowl contender; we just need to plug a few holes. 2010 was an aberration. So let’s just sign a McNabb here and an Ayodele there, and we’ll be right back in the mix!” Heck, Favre was just a stopgap replacement to begin with! A rag to stop the bleeding—a really ABSORBENT rag during that ’09 season, but still…

I like the move to Ponder. I like the reps some of the new guys (that you’ve all mentioned before) are getting. But there is still too much conservative maneuvering at key positions, as though we still have a season to salvage. I couldn’t believe the lack of effort I saw in the secondary vs. Atlanta (#21: I’m looking in YOUR direction…) Just standing around….”Oh OK. EJ’s got that tackle. Imma just kick it.” Pathetic.

Big “Barooooh” for positive changes in the future. Skol

102. By Puckertrucker on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

Hey Fredrick,J. Mike B and the rest of the sane Viking
    Fans:
    Your Plan sounds firm and well thought out but here is another thought. Hire Steve Marriucci, Brian Billick, or John Gruden, even Tony Dungy if you could talk him out of retirement, and for GM why not Mora, or I hate to say it but Bill Parcells, or a good collage Manager. But as you all have said it’s time to cut Mr. Frazier and the rest of the bad coaches and let the new coach Start over Mariucci, and Billick have at least won superbowls and they both have fire in their guts and will draft riight for the team to proceed back into the winners circle.

The one and only PuckerTrucker SKOL guys!!!!!!!!!!

103. By iowavike72 on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

BC, absolutely right. poinder will be the man. he needs a full camp. and we some DBs that can find the ball. if we want to be back on top of the division we have to be able to stop rogers air attack. that wont mean s#@& if we cant get the stadium done

104. By Puckertrucker on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

The Vikes Aren’t sold out for the Denver Game or so I hear:

It’s really sad how low the vikes have sunk this year, Times like this is a first I believe and who ever said keep frazier because the Wilfs would not want to pay his salary and chilly’s too; well I can’t believe he was given a long term contract as an unproven coach even if he did win three games last year and two games this year. I don’t believe the Wilfs would be that Stupid.
    It’s time to cut our loses and get a coaching staff the has Fire in their bellies. Brian Billick, Gruden, Mariucci, even Johnson as GM or Dungy Maybe even mora. What say yee lads off with Fraziers head and the rest of his coaches Me Hearties.

The one and only PuckerTrucker

105. By chon69 on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

Whether you believe the Wilfs are that stupid or not it still remains fact that they can’t afford to pay two former coaches, retool the whole roster and still be under the salary cap. No coach can win with no talent. If you remember or you might be too young, Jimmy Johnson’s first two years in Dallas were forgettable. It doesn’t happen over night. Arm chair quarterbacking or won’t change a thing. The team is int the state it’s in because of lack of forethought. That is on Rick Spielman.

106. By Puckertrucker on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

How many took the Survey on the five Games Left.

I did and I was one of the 30% that said they would win one game the rest of the season. Thats really Sad isn’t it. Guys and Gals Never thought I’d say that the team would win 3 games in a season, but it’s the truth Thanks to D. McNabb. The Philly reject that Mr. Frazier just had to have. to drive this team into oblivian, just SO SO SAD people.

107. By Puckertrucker on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

To chon69:

You are probably more right than I am or maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part I beg your forgiveness my friends. must be wishin, and hopein and prayin as the old song goes. just didn’t want to believe otherwise.

The One and only PuckerTrucker. Skol!!!!

108. By chon69 on Nov 30, 2011 | Reply

@ PuckerTrucker – I didn’t imagine this season either and was probably like the rest of us, hoping things weren’t as bad as they seemed. When in reality we knew our team had to go through this. Where is Keith Millard, John Randle, my daughters Uncle Chris Doleman, Anthony Carter and my boy Robert Smith when we need them. Ha! Ha! Hang in there PuckerTrucker our day will come! Those cheeseheads haven’t heard the last of us.

109. By greg on Dec 1, 2011 | Reply

I cannot understand why the coaching staff are bringing in recycled players. There season is over and they to build for next year. Look at new talent. When you have a player that is waived or injured, look outside the pool of talent and bring young fresh talent in all specialties. Now is the time to find out what is out there.

110. By Realskol4life on Dec 2, 2011 | Reply

I think page could help out…Hes definitely better than Hussain Abdullah and Tyrell Johnson from what I have seen in previous games hes played in.

111. By Realskol4life on Dec 2, 2011 | Reply

Excited about seeing Joe Webb get a chance at WR…The vikings have made a huge mistake by underutilizing him as a 3rd string QB who never had a chance to ever be our franchise qb.

112. By Parody on May 6, 2012 | Reply