Happy Thanksgiving, Vikings Fans

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 24, 2011 – 8:00 am

Happy Thanksgiving, Vikings fans. We here at vikings.com and the Vikings Entertainment Network hope you are able to enjoy Thanksgiving and football with family, loved ones and/or friends today.

– DE Jared Allen needs just 3.5 more sacks to reach the 100 sack mark for his career.

– With 4 more receptions WR Percy Harvin can move into 4th all time in Vikings history for most catches in first 3 seasons.

– Vikings LB Chad Greenway recorded 20 tackles last week against the Raiders, which is tied for 4th most in Vikings history. Greenway is averaging 10.7 tackles a game this season and is on pace to set a career-high in tackles ( has 107, career-high is 150 in 2008).

– Vikings QB Christian Ponder has shown grace under pressure by completing 63.3 % of his passes on 3rd down in his action this season, ranking as the 7th-best completion percentage among QBs with 20+ 3rd-down attempts on the season. Inside the red zone, Ponder has gone 8-of-9 with 3 TDs to lead the NFL among all passers in red zone completion percentage. Ponder’s 3 red zone TDs have gone to 3 diff erent players- Visanthe Shiancoe, Adrian Peterson and fellow rookie Kyle Rudolph.

– DE Kevin Williams had a 54-yard INT return for a TD on 9/9/07. 1 of his Vikings-record 4 defensive TDs.

– Over the last 5 years, the Vikings have had one of the best running attacks in the NFL, rushing for 10,263 yards. The team’s 138.7 yards per game average ranks #1.

– The Falcons and Vikings have had a common head coach, the Viking franchise’s 1st head coach Norm Van Brocklin who coached the Vikings from 1961-66 and went on to coach the Falcons from 1968-74.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

79 Responses to “Happy Thanksgiving, Vikings Fans”

1. By Spence on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving guys. On a side note I bet Matt Ryan is havin a ball looking at film of our CB’s and Safeties.

2. By ozzinator on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving one and all fans! In the end, this is what it’s all about.
    God Bless all.

3. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

I didn’t realize the Vikings were playing the Redskins this Sunday, but Happy Thanksgiving to the good-old USA.

4. By Deertracks on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

The NFL states it will be Alanta Falcons on the 27th of Nov…….

5. By Rocksalt on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

YAY VIKINGS……..YAY TEAM<!

6. By truther on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

As it turns out, it isnt R Spielman that has failed to find good talent in the Draft. It is Scott Studwell that has failed the Vikes Misserably. He is the Director Of College Scouting and has been so since 2002, But he has been the college scout for the Vikes since 1992 , Over two Decades. He is the Cancer that must be removed. Remember Spielman can only choose from the college players that Studwell brings back as picks to Spielman. Read S Studwells BIO. The only college prospects that he found that developed in to PRO Bowlers were all First Rounders That were so obvious talent wise that a 10 year old would have found them while scouting all college Players. Studwell is absolutely responsible for the Vikes Horrible Secondary and Bad O Line.

7. By Deertracks on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Vikings at Washington Saturday, 24 December…

8. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha ha— Nova, you made me read the article, which I tend to scan only.

From the above article:

Mike W– I like you man. Sometimes I rib you to provoke your professional development as a writer. And then there are mistakes like this one, which I cannot fathom in my imagination where they originate. How? Are you in the egg nog when writing?

9. By Castle on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

I have been a Vikings fan all my life. I really feel bad for the team being 2-8 but after reading various articles the team just does not believe in themselves. The confidence is gone. The team needs to believe in themselves and when they do – they will move mountains together but no one team member can do it by themselves. Believe in yourselves – get it back and finish the season strong. Go Vikings!!!!

10. By VegasVike on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving all

11. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving to all bloggers, even the rude ones!!!

GO LIONS!!!!

12. By Justin F on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Did we just cancel 4 games of the season? Or does Wobschall need treatment for Alzheimers?

13. By Derrick.G on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

I wish we were playing the deadskins…..but nope, we get falcons this week. C’mon Wobs!

14. By Mt_Viking on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Vikings-27; Falcons-21 —Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!!!!

15. By Viking Joe on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Viking fans !!!!

16. By AdrianPonder on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving !

17. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Wobschall, I thought that your Berrian “breakout year” prediction was pathetic. Now I see that you don’t even know who the Vike’s are playing on Sunday. How DO you keep your job?

18. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

I just watched on ESPN a video where Suh explained he was just getting up, trying to keep balance when he stepped on the Packer– he said it was not malicious and not intentional.

POLL: What do you think of the Suh ejection?

19. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

It was a blatantly dirty cheap-shot, On a side note….Why doesn’t Vikings.com just hire some sort of half-functional creature that knows the difference between Washington and Atlanta? You could train a chimp to memorize the Vike’s schedule.

20. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Each year, I know who the Vikings are playing in the next few weeks, let alone the next Sunday. I’m sure most of you do, too. I am a land surveyor in Canada, yet I am more familiar with their schedule than their blog “voice”?

21. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Nova– quit worrying about it–you are slowing down the blog!

22. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Hey, maybe we inadvertently discovered why we are 2-8 this year. The team prepares for the wrong team each week!

23. By martin on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

the best thing is for the vikes not lose the next six…this team is not a team full of up and coming prospects that will be an elite team in a few years…our best young prospects are matched by most teams in the nfl…..management has created a major mess that will take at least 4 years to resolve but but probably not by this group …

24. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving, Vikings Fans
    Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 24, 2011 – 8:00 am
    “As a side dish to a big Thanksgiving meal, here are some fun facts about your favorite football team as they prepare to play the Washington Redskins this Sunday.”…….. I guess our “favorite football team” is the Seattle Seahawks, since they play the Redskins this Sunday.

25. By martin on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

best thing for the vikes is to lose the next 6 ..winning 2 games will be totally meaningless and hurt our draft position

26. By Viking Joe on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Suh is nothing but a frustrated thug, he will probably be suspended.

27. By Viking Joe on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

I would like to see AP play in at least the last 2 or 3 games, so he can get his 1000 yards, keeping his streak going.

28. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Mike W. digs for the news with great effort all day long,
    Posting blogs with the public to whom he belongs,
    A young journalist of wit, he shows his writing skill,
    His pen creating copy, enough for a landfill.

His aim is to post the best for all on vikings dot com blog
    But was Tarvaris Jackson on the line, saying, “What’s up dog?”
    On one of the many chats between Vikings new and old,
    That he became confused on how the schedule really unfolds?

Or deep down is there another story Mike will not reveal,
    Such as the egg nog spiked with rum to make his writing surreal?
    Or deeper still, is there another truth to be seen,
    like our coaches are training to play the wrong team, and
    that, my fellow bloggers, is why each week we get reamed.

29. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Very original, Titus…..Keats need not be worried.

30. By YourMama on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Suh didn’t do anything worse than what Robison did earlier in the year with a kick to the sack of (can’t remember). I like the way Suh plays. Same with Suggs and Lewis, the dude from the Steelers who’s always gettin fined. Man, got a case of CRS tonight. (Can’t remember sh-it)

31. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Maybe Frost?

32. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Yeah, it’s cold enough for frost.

33. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

YourMama…..I know what you are saying. I suffer from CRAFT disease……Can’t Remember A F’ing Thing !

34. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

We are having a mild November– in fact today was almost 60, I cycled 30 miles. That is a rarity this late in the year in Mpls.

35. By sandiamond on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

chalk the error up to fantasy football. It really obscures the thought process of dedication to the nfl. Mike will grow out of it when he nears 40. At least i did

36. By sandiamond on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

How many division one colleges are there in MInnesota and surronding states? or how many within 6 hrs of driving distance. This question is concerning all the local scouts on the payroll

37. By CanadianVF on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

The beauty of marrying an American cheerleader over 30 years ago is that I get to celebrate Thanksgiving twice each year and I love Turkey ! Happy Thanksgiving Everyone !

38. By Ted Brown 23 on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving Vikings and fans. As a veteren of this great nation I am very thankful for my family,friends,and freedom. God bless

39. By Purplenyella on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

We need a secondary!! and O line Seriously Asher allen Is horrible he cant cover a practice squad reciever. And really Sanford.? Come on man hes a good kick cover. But cant cover recievers and for Cedric. He was a bright star before he got injured give him 1 more year and expect him in form. Cook when he gets back will be a star hes our second best Pure corner. As for winfield I love winfield future pro bowler toughest pound for pound guy. O line. Charlie johnson cant block a 3 year old seriously the guy Is Below average as best and constantly gets ponders blind side destroyed. Loadholt is average he constantly get beat off the snap. We need a reciever. we have some people to build around Ex: Harvin,Rudolph,Jenkins.
    Top 3 pick this year.

40. By Purplenyella on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

I meant Hall of famer not pro bowler lol

41. By VegasVike on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

I would think the beauty of marring an American cheerleader CVF, would be marrying an American cheerleader!!

42. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

NO HEADS HAVE TO ROLL. We just need that person who
    can come in and organize the mess we call
    THE VIKINGS FRONT OFFICE.

There are so many VPs sharing the top position that it has to be a contributing factor when it comes to the stupid drafts, free agency, and trades the Vikings have made in recent years.

NO ONE PERSON COULD BE THAT DUMB and
    ignore the gaping holes in the Offensive Line and the Defensive Backs.

(You would be surprised how good the defense would look with an above average offensive line.)

Frazier is trying to organize the TEAM, but he has no power. Give the coach some power!

43. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Hey Fred– our favorite team plays the redskins this coming week.

44. By Rocksalt on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

This is my 1st blog today. Happy Thanksgiving to all. except the A$$ who posted under my name earlier……

45. By Rocksalt on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

I mean honestly, who would impersonate me?

46. By Rocksalt on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

P!ss off…….you are pititful if have the need to discredit someone else by using their name. You think you are being clever……but you are just an a$$……..

47. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Hey Rocksalt I would!

48. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!!!

49. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

EMERGENCY
    EMERGENCY
    EMERGENCY,

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!!!

50. By Frederick Jones on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

JJJJJJJJJ

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!!!

51. By Mike B. on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Vikings Fans and Vikings Organization.

52. By Rocksalt on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Fred-
    The imposter thinks he/she is clever……but it is only a matter of time before I will see who it is………

53. By Rocksalt on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Hey stop it already. This is getting old. Fred, when I find out who it is…

54. By Mike B. on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

I watched the game Wednesday night. I had listened to most of it while hunting with my family. I have mixed feelings about how that game went. It was obvious that Ponder made some critical mistakes, but it is to be expected from the rookie. He did make some plays also. Our Defense didn’t play to their abilities. We allowed 100 yrd rusher and the secondary was still giving up the intermediate gains. The Defense just not playing well. The OL is still bad and I dont’ see this group getting any better. I only hope that they don’t make Ponder have happy feet like Gannon was here. Too much talent to be playing as poorly as they are. Even with coming back they fell short of the goal. I agree with others time to clean house and get back to playing good football. I hope that AP gets well soon. It is time to give the Vets a break and see if the others can play or not. I wish Frazier would call it a rebuilding now. We should be looking to 2012 this season is at an end. Take care

55. By Rocksalt on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Very clever..you must think of yourself as being very intelligent. Clearly, you need some other things to do with your life than spending all your time on this blog……..get a life of your own.

56. By Rocksalt on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

A lonely, ptitful, little man……..you are so very clever. You must always display to others your wit.

57. By Rocksalt on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

I.m outta here………let the ptitful little imposter play his little games.he is some much smarter than the rest of us.

58. By Rocksalt on Nov 24, 2011 | Reply

Yep, I am outta here. I have a life to tend to. Later. Hopefully, when I return, this little man will find something to do other than blog.

59. By Mt_Viking on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

For me, and I only talk for me, it is the funnest season ever! we are SOOOO good and yet –So BAD! WTH do you want– a championship team? then what? We have studs (Allen, Peterson) and newbies..don’t have to stress on nuthin man! Just Chilaxin in the Big Sky Country :)

60. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

I recall cycling in Montana……..very beautiful indeed but I am afraid I find it lacking in culture, and a tad unsophisticated.

61. By Saddy on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

Vikings need to draft Justin Blackmon, he is too good of a player and a deep threat we badly need who is very physical that can catch under thrown throws.

He has an awesome vertical leap and great hands.

That being said CB Xavier Rhodes should be available in 2nd round.

We also need a Left Tackle – and Kalil and Jonathan Martin are too good to pass as well in 1st round.

I would be happy if we get Justin Blackmon and get a left tackle in free agency and our 2nd, 3rd, 4th round should be DB’s.

62. By Thirteen Championships on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

11-0.

63. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

Hey– I have never been in Montana. Impostor on the loose!!!

64. By Titanium Titus on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

Stop making me jealous.

65. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

Classless people make me jealous when their team keeps winning.

66. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

That wasn’t me, and anything else on this blog won’t be me either. Someone sure doesn’t have much to do on the holiday.

67. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

Only one of the last three posts was the real Titus– the one where I say – Impostor on the loose! This site is getting old, folks. Mike W does not even know which team we are playing– no professionalism. This site could easily stop the impostors with a sign up– one username –once it is chosen, no one else can have it. Simple. Any more postings by me, well they are NOT me.

68. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

Stop your incessant whining.

69. By VegasVike on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

Maybe the guy who wrote this article wasn’t Mike W…. Just maybe

70. By Brad on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

A day late but Happy Thanksgiving Vikings fans and organization. Go Vikes!

71. By Rocksalt on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

Gosh I sure hope we can beat the Redskins…..

72. By CanadianVF on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

Well so much for the theory that the Packer organization was putting forward that the reason for their success is that they only acquire players with strong character. I wonder if Eric Walden will be sharing a jail cell with Chris Cook ?

73. By CanadianVF on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

Speaking of characters. Column in the Toronto Sun today, Moss Sees The Light. He says ” I just gave up football because football is not me; football is what I do, Moss added. I’m a loving father, I’m a loving son and I love my Lord and Saviour, Je sus Chr ist. Wow, was one of the greatest draft picks by the Vikes, tremendous talent but as a person not so much. I have to give him credit if he has really changed as a person.

74. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

@Truther,

I read your first blog about Scott Studwell who is the greatest role model as a player.

You may be right about him as the scout of college talent. That makes sense to me, in fact I suggested it earlier.

That is exactly the kind of thing that is k i l l i n g the Vikings.

Get rid of the nose pickers, hire a GENERAL MANAGER!!!

75. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

@2-8 THE Vikings are so bad, you have to think the problems are wide spread.

START AT THE VERY TOP THIS YEAR WILF BROTHERS!!!

HEY IF THE VIKINGS ARE LEAVING TOWN ANYWAY w e (WE) W E
    WE MIGHT AS WELL PUT UP A FIGHT!

76. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

***By the way, will someone please explain why the Wilfs are considered such great owners. I’m not seeing it.***

77. By Frederick Jones on Nov 25, 2011 | Reply

:) :) :) By the way, will someone please explain why the Wilfs are considered such great owners. I’m not seeing it.

78. By Frederick Jones on Nov 26, 2011 | Reply

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

By the way, will someone please explain why the Wilfs are considered such great owners? I’m not seeing it.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF