Frazier Says Sunday Was Kevin Williams’ “Best Game Of The Season”

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 21, 2011 – 4:12 pm

It was a tale of two halves for the Vikings defense on Sunday against the Oakland Raiders. In the 1st half, the Raiders racked up 186 yards of offense, collected 13 first downs, converted 4 of 6 third downs, and scored 24 points. In the 2nd half, though, the Vikings defense clamped down on Oakland and surrendered just 115 yards, 9 first downs, 1 of 8 third-down attempts and only 3 points.

According to Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier, veteran DT Kevin Williams deserves much of the credit for the turnaround in defensive performance.

“Without question, his best game of the season,” Frazier said on Monday. “He was dominant. I told him earlier this morning I wish we could have finished that game off just for him because he deserved a game ball for his performance yesterday. It was just a dominant performance from the Kevin we’ve all grown accustomed to seeing, and yesterday it was on display.”

Williams finished the game with 12 tackles, including 2 tackles for a loss, and he also had a sack. There’s also no doubt that he made a difference even when he didn’t notch a statistic because he commands double-teams regularly, which frees up other defenders to make plays (LB Chad Greenway had 20 tackles and a sack).

But Williams’ contributions on Sunday went beyond the football field. Frazier shared with reporters that it was Williams who lit a fire under the defense in the locker room at halftime, with the Vikings trailing 24-7.

“He couldn’t be blocked one-on-one, destroyed their guard when he was rushing the passer, he was very disruptive and just a great example for the rest of our guys,” Frazier said. “And I think that had a lot to do with why our defense played as well as they did in the second half, limiting their offense to three points and playing on the short field. Kevin had a lot to do with that. He said a few words to our entire team prior to going back out at the second half. He really backed up his words with the way he played yesterday.”

Frazier wouldn’t go into specifics of what Williams said to the team at halftime, other than to indicate it was a “good” message, and a message to which the team definitely responded.

“It was a good message, but I don’t want to into it,” Frazier explained. “It was a good message, the guys responded. They played much better in the second half. Going into that half, the way that that last four or five minutes of the second quarter ended, that could have been a disastrous second half. But the guys stood up and they fought and put ourselves in a position to have a chance to win that game. A lot of that has to do with the leaders that are still on this team. Although we’re 2-8, there are guys in that locker room that are fighting to get a win.”

Tags: ,

99 Responses to “Frazier Says Sunday Was Kevin Williams’ “Best Game Of The Season””

1. By PAUL M. on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

MAYBE FREDERICK JONES IS RIGHT.

MAYBE 200K+ VP’s IS AN INHERENTLY INEFFICIENT FORMULA FOR AN NFL TEAM TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS & THEREBY MAXIMIZING THEIR PROFITABILITY.

JUST MAYBE THE BEST SYSTEM OF LEADERSHIP EFFECTIVENESS MOST CLOSELY RESEMBLES

— YEAH, I’M GONNA SAY IT —
    THE GREEN BAY PACKERS LEADERSHIP STRUCTURE.

IN OTHER WORDS, WE THE PEOPLE RULE !! WHAT THE MOST PASSIONATELY INVESTED PEOPLE ON EARTH, OF THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS, DECIDE BY MAJORITY, WOULD RULE !

ALL SEASON TICKET HOLDERS WILL BE SHARE HOLDERS.

I THINK WE SHOULD OUT-BID EVERYONE FOR OUR OWN TEAM & STADIUM!!!

UNFORTUNATELY, FOR ME, I’M IN NJ.

2. By PAUL M. on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

ONE THING’S FOR SURE: W/ THE FANS AT THE HELM, WE WOULDN’T HAVE KEPT EXPERIMENTING IN WAYS WHICH WOULD HAVE PROLONGED FAILURES.

WE THE FANS WOULDN’T HAVE WASTED A HALL OF FAME RUNNING BACK’S ENTIRE CAREER WITH NO PROMISE OF A SINGLE SUPER BOWL APPEARANCE !!

3. By Justin F on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Coach Frazier,

Don’t worry about winning anymore. Just have your players play their hardest and evaluate which ones to get rid of after the season. These last 6 games are simply evaluation games.

4. By PAUL M. on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

@ Justin

Sorry Justin, but the larger point here is that Leslie Frazier’s evaluations are INCOMPETENT !

FRAZIER IS INEXTRICABLY TIED INTO HIS MOST CRITICAL EVALUATION OF THIS MISERABLE SEASON — SELECTING DONOVAN McNABB AS THE STARTING QB OF THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!

HIS DECISION — AND MAKE NO MISTAKE, IT WAS THE COACH’S DECISION — DIRECTLY LED TO THIS TEAM’S FREE-FALL!

5. By Twoodsnvikes on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I’ll give Frazier a year to see if he can put things together and make it look like he knows what he’s doing, so far I am not impressed. How we do in the draft and FA will say everything this offseason

6. By PAUL M. on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

IN MY MIND, THE LESLIE FRAZIER EXPERIMENT HAS FAILED.

IT’S JUST A MATTER OF TIME, AND HOW MUCH OF IT WE WILL HAVE TO ENDURE, BEFORE THE INEVITABLE CHANGES WILL BE MADE.

MY HOPE IS THAT IT WON’T TAKE TOO LONG BEFORE THE WILFS ACT PROACTIVELY.

7. By Justin F on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Paul is acting like Frazier is the sole coach or personel on the Vikings managment. My god, Paul.

8. By PAUL M. on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Don’t be aloof to the fact that noone was going to veto a rookie coach’s most critical call of the upcoming season.

Leslie Frazier was given the opportunity — just like anyone else on the Vikings, when they “get the call” — to show what he could do with the full support of the ownership, the players and the fans.

If Frazier had objections — or more accurately — had “evaluated” McNabb accurately & decided that his team needed to go in a different direction, make no mistake about it, noone would have force-fed McNabb to Frazier!

9. By Scott on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I’m not sold on Frazier either but I think next year will tell the tale. To start out so quickly with Fan disapproval is never a good thing for a new coach. It puts his odds at sticking around much lower.

The problem I have had with him is the back 4 play. Frazier is an x corner back and I don’t see any depth in this area. I think this team has talent but the lack of talent in certain area’s doesn’t allow us to overcome anything.

Offensive Lineman 1st pick and then move right to defense, preferrably a solid corner but if a stud lineman is out there than grab him.

10. By PAUL M. on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

By the way, to be fair, if Frazier had anything to do with the Ponder #12 pick, he should get full credit for that decision.

I believe that that pick had more to do w/ Rick Spielman & his team.

11. By PAUL M. on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

OK Scott, well said. O-line must be THE PRIORITY ALONG W/ D-BACKS.

I would only add that the kid sorely needs a much stronger receiving unit, building on Percy & Kyle.

Also out of all the NFL teams, if you combine both sides of the ball, I believe on “the speed scale” we are the slowest team on the (critical) edges of the field.

12. By radzinwisconsin on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Bad coaching all the way thru!

13. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

It was great that Williams fired up the D. But that also goes to show what Frazier is lacking in-and that’s motivation. Also we had a chance to give Ponder a big playmaker in Brandon LLoyd, and the Rams picked him up. Now we still need a #1 reciever.

14. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I am not impressed at all with the coaching staff. As much as you want continuity in coaching, I hoping this crew has a short leash (one more year) to prove their worth and direction that this team is headed.

15. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

It is sad to see our Vikings as the doormat of the Norris division.

16. By PAUL M. on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

THE VIKINGS POWER, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL, IS SQUARELY LOCATED IN THE CENTER OF THE FIELD.

BECAUSE WE DON’T HAVE SPEED ON THE EDGES OF BOTH OUR OFFENSE & OUR DEFENSE, ALL THE OTHER TEAMS HAVE THE FREEDOM TO DISRESPECT OUR WR’s & CB’S & CONCENTRATE ON NEUTRALIZING THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD!

WE CURRENTLY RANK 9 th IN THE NFL FOR TOTAL PLAYS ON DEFENSE. BECAUSE OF OUR EDGES, WE STRUGGLE TO GET OFF THE FIELD. OF COURSE, ONCE WE DO, OUR OFFENSE GIVES THE BALL RIGHT BACK BECAUSE THEY’RE RANKED #7 FOR THE LEAST AMOUNT OF SNAPS IN THE NFL.

17. By Bob Chancia on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Send McNabb to da Bears now!!!

18. By Frederick Jones on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

@MIKE WOBSCHALL,

How would you like someone to remove your writing?

That is what you did by removing the Monday Mail Bag.

The Vikings lost, we can’t control that.

You can control what you allow to be written, and what you don’t allow.

I have lost some respect for you.

19. By Frederick Jones on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

@Mike Wobschall,

You have taken the fun out of Vikings.com

20. By Frederick Jones on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

@Mike Wobschall,

You didn’t have to remove it!!!

There is no good reason for removing the Monday Mailbag.
    There ARE good reasons to remove those stupid names to your right.
    “Oh I don’t have control over that.”

BE FIRST CLASS ! Do what you can!

21. By Frederick Jones on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

@PAUL M.,

THIS ENTIRE POST WILL BE IN CAPITALS IN YOUR HONOR.

THE FANS DO HAVE POWER, HOWEVER IF WE STAY INDEPENDENT OF
    EACH OTHER LIKE WE HAVE, WE LOSE OUR POWER.

WE MUST BE LIKE A FIST WHICH IS STRONG, AND NOT LIKE INDIVIDUAL FINGERS WHICH CAN BE BROKEN EASY.

MIKE WOBSCHALL IS A TOOL OF THE VIKINGS ORGANIZATION, THAT IS WHY HE CONTINUES TO S C R A P THE MONDAY MAILBAG, AND
    CREATE SO MANY BLOGS WE CAN’T EVEN TALK TO EACH OTHER!!!

WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER TO CLEAN
    UP THIS MESS. :{ :{ :{ :{ :{

22. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Frederick — that is exactly what I called Mike W on– removing a blog where we banter and have discourse — and Mike W patronized me with– quit worrying and slowing the blog down. I am about to call it quits for good on this site. Fans are not allowed to speak their mind–it is like a political debate withe everything controlled.

23. By Frederick Jones on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Scott,

Welcome to Vikings.com blog.

You are right about the draft/free agents.

Our priorities must be very high for Offensive Line/Defensive Backs.
    Not that we couldn’t use help elsewhere!!!

Soon the whole team will need and OVERHAUL, unless we can hire a GENERAL MANAGER.

-( -( :( :( :(

24. By Frederick Jones on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

25. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Fred – I thought some people might be a little perturbed with Mike’s decision to delete last night’s conversation, so I took the libertry of copying it at the end of the night. Enjoy:

26. By Frederick Jones on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

27. By Frederick Jones on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

@Parody,

I look forward to your rendition of said monday mail bag.

I am ready to call Mike W. names. But I promised myself I would stoop to that.
    It make me so mad he did that. It’s like “Executive Privilege.”

28. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

hmmm….comment is awaiting moderation….maybe I should break it down into shorter snippets…

29. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

117 Responses to “Submit Your Monday Morning Mailbag Questions”
    By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Why was the last Monday Morning Mailbag blog deleted?

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Why does this website continue to use the Tag cloud, when every person who speaks about it is begging to get it removed?

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

What is the extent of Adrian’s injury? How long have other players experiencing similar injuries needed to heal?

By Mike Wobschall on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

I deleted the Monday Morning Mailbag blog entry last week because I had posted the Mailbag and therefore didn’t need people to submit questions. I will do the same thing again this week. You can comment on all the other blogs, so it shouldn’t be a bother to delete this one.

By Mike Wobschall on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

On the “tag cloud” or whatever it is, that’s a question for the NFL. They design the websites. Who cares anyway? This is a football website, let’s talk about football and not waste time bickering on insignificant items.

By Mike Wobschall on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Not sure on Adrian’s injury. Coach Frazier said on Sunday after the game that there is not a break or fracture. He also said Adrian will have an MRI on it tomorrow. We’ll know more tomorrow at coach’s press conference.

By James on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

The problem with the vikings this year is that we need defensive backs and 1 wide reciever. Sidney rice leaving was a big blow to the offence I hope next year they fix this.

By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Not sure that is an adequate answer to Parody’s question considering precedent; the Monday Morning blog had never been deleted before– so why was it deleted last week?

By Daniel on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Ya…….. we suck. No o-line, no d-line, no safties, no Cb’s, no #1wr, no gen manager.

By jerry on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

why you guys just dont admit that the vikings are heading to L.A. we all know thats whats going to happen,quit towing with us,they got the same colors as the L.A. Lakers so you wouldnt have change colors for any other team,WRIGHT!!!!!!! the minnesota people dont want them any way,there idots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Rick on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

The question I have is this. There were 2 minutes and 13 Seconds left in the 4th quarter. It was 3 down and 8. The Vikings had the 2 minute warning and 1 time out left. Why didn’t the coaches let the clock run down to the Two minute warning and bring Ponder over to discuss the next play. With a rookie quarterback I think it would have been better to settle him down a bit and come back from the 2 minute warning with 3 and 8 instead of 4th down.
    I think it would have have been smart to bring Ponder over to the sidelines and give him a break with the 2 minute warning. Just wondering what you would have done in that situation.
    Thanks

By Mike Wobschall on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Titus – I decided to start deleting the blog entry asking for questions when we no longer need questions because I think it looks silly to have a Monday Morning Mailbag promo blog entry showing up on the home page later in the week. I don’t understand the big deal with this, and I don’t want to understand it because it’s not worth anyone’s time to read about it. I want questions for the Mailbag. We’re 2-8, fans have questions, and fans deserve answers to those questions Quit slowing us down by worrying and posting about this.

By Roninmn.. on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Mike, can you say with a degree of certainty the vikings will draft offensive lineman, defensive secondary, 1 wide receiver and defensive linemen. Ponder needs protection. All of those area’s need to be addressed. Or better yet, what area’s would you try to improve if it was your call?

By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Parody, somebody is avoiding the real issue.

By Justin F on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Has Zygi met with the team yet to discuss the problems surrounding this franchize? Or is he too busy with the stadium negotiating?

By Woodboat on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Ah… Mike got hooked by Titus…

Titus :1
    Mike: 0

30. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

By Woodboat on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

What will Leslie Frazier and the rest of the coaching staff be doing this time next year? Do they have any hobbies they’d like to pursue, or other emplyment opportunities looming?

By Viking Joe on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Will the Vikings have enough cap room to sign free agents next year?

By Woodboat on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Does anyone remember what Mike Tice’s W/L record was the year he was canned directly after the last game was concluded? I don’t remember him batting .200 that year, but MAYBE he was as bad as Frazier….

By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Woodboat, you don’t even know what I almost posted after Mike’s deflection of the issue.

By Woodboat on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

It’s pretty obvious to everyone that this team is struggling to compete. Is there ANY indication what direction the team will be going in the draft / free agency to improve this team?

By Woodboat on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

@Titus..

I can imagine, but my imaginings most likely fall short of what you had in mind…

By greatirishpotatofamine on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

im concerned about the fonts mike, why are we limited to just one font i feel like im unable to express myself are you going to answer or deflect the issue?

By Mike Wobschall on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

I don’t have any control over the fonts.

By Jim on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Vikes played as they have all year poorly . On another subject while standing in line to enter MOA field , waiting to be certified ok to go in at gate G , myself and many other patrons observed a lady ? puking her guts out at the smoking area , leaving for 5 minutes and comming back out to smoke a few more cigarettes & finish drinking her beer . ,Where was our crack security ? They sure wern’t patting down customers since I stood outside from 11:10 untill 11:45 . The Vikes may not improve , but let’s at least get the customers inside.

By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

potatohead– the issue I was addressing goes to the core and essence of the blog and the voice and rights of fans to speak up. Parody and others know all too well the answer– we wanted and would appreciate a real, honest, and forthcoming answer to the question– rather I was patronized and told to quit worrying. Reminds me of the days I spent in the old USSR.

By DRS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Mike Wobschall, is it not time for the Vikings to take a good look at their defense and get rid of the dead wood? The Vikngs, that is any team can not win with out a defense! The Vikings do not have a defense! What is the team going to do about this?

By TheRealDon on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

This blog was getting heated up..

By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

DRS– how is the weather down there? We had our first snow yesterday.

By TheRealDon on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Mike W..Do you think Frazier should start Sapp over Asher Allen ?

By DRS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

TITANIUM TITUS, mid 60′s, partly cloudy, slight wind, lows in the 40′s, that is the weather here in the Tularosa Basin.

By Brad on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Why is it that the coaches never fix the problem with the offensive line and all the other problems? Or in other words why does it seems like the coaches never get in the players butt in order to make them stop with these mistakes? No on except some players show any emotion towards all the problems. Thank you for your input.

31. By Frederick Jones on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

My last post contained several spelling errors. Unlike the mighty Mike W.,
    I cannot go back and correct them. I’m sure you know what I mean, however.

32. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Nice DRS– a bit chilly here. I think the Lions will beat the Pack on Thanksgiving– in fact, I think their defense may hurt Rodgers- not that I am wishing anything, but…

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Mike, why do our corners play off the WR’s so much? Is it by design?

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

All I want for thanksgiving is a lions win…

By DRS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

There may be snow next week up on our 12,000 foot mountain, MT Sierra Blanca, where ski Apache is, about 20 miles NE from here.

By TheRealDon on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

VegasVike..I hate that..Mike W…Do you think Frazier should sit Asher Allen..

By Brad on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Why don’t the coaches change the scheme so it is not “cover two.” If something is broke and not working why keep trying to fix and use it?

By Mike J on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Aren’t you guys tired of what’s going on with this team I mean we don’t get paid to fix mistakes or win games were the ones wasting our hard earned money on nothing. These coaches get paid to fix these problems weather they fix it or not their money is guaranteed unless they get fired but yet they still have their jobs. Jared Allen said it today se keep saying were going to fix our mistakes but yet we still make the same mistakes and its the same players so what is our coaches doing?

By TheRealDon on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Mike W..Why can’t coach Frazier answer the mailbag ?’s..I mean I have allot of questions that he has answers for..

By Justin F on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

LOL at the person complaining about the fonts on this blog and Mike Wobschall ACTUALLY replying to it. That really made my night.

By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Mike Wobschall”…….We’re 2-8, fans have questions, and fans deserve answers to those questions Quit slowing us down by worrying and posting about this”.HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAAAAAAA!

By DRS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

I left MN to go to NM because of the weather; The coldest it has gotten down here is -20 in the last 10 years that I have lived down here. It stays mainly in the low teens at night to mid 40 during the days, would be a nice place for the Vikings to play in an open air stadium, though I would prefer the Vikings to play in MN where they belong.

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

@realdon – hate what? The 10 yard window or the lions win?

By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

WE CAN TALK ABOUT JARED’S SACKS !!!!!!

By Mike J on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

I would rather see one of our young guys start over Ash Allen instead of Sapp because Sapp is only here because of injury its time for us to develope the young guys. Our season is over Frazier now we as fans want to see what our future look like so stop saying were still in it because you yourself gave up already if not you would’ve at least try to fix our problems.

By DRS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Today the Vikings held Oakland 80 yards below their season average, and they allowed just 3 points in the entire 2nd half. Last week in Green Bay, they allowed just 150 yards and 10 points to the Packers in the 1st half. Those are good performances, and they’re good enough performances for us to win games.

Thanks,
    Mike W.

33. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

DRS- yesterday was pretty with the snow and wind– but in a month or two it will get old. I know I will cycle this week again, but time outdoors is running low–

NOVA– you liked that? I restrained my response and did not post.

By DRS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Really Mike? Thank you for the E-Mail, but I must disagree with you, I feel we need a defense.

By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

I missed most of the first half— after AP left, it seemed (from what I saw) that Toby was barely used– why? Toby needs reps and he does get going if given enough touches– what a tough loss. Raiders gave us that one drive with penalties — I think the coaches need to study harder.

By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

I can’t restrain mine.

By JoVon Villalobos on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Vikings need ALOT of changes n fixes mike…oline is a big concern and so is secondary..my only problem with musgrave is that were using harvin WAY TO MUCH and if we keep feeding him the ball like this were going to lose him in 3 to 4 years

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

‘hi Nova old friend, how are ya?

By Mike J on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Hey Mike W the Oakland Raiders aren’t as good as the Packers at passing and I’m tired of you covering up for our secondary if they don’t suck to you than the coaches are the problem I understand you can’t bash the Vikings coaches and players but stop sugar coating man.

By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Not bad Vegas, just sick of this team.

By Animal26 on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Mike: I’m very curious, what is Frazier’s definition of a great practice? I ask this question because the majority of this team on game day play sloppy and make tons of mistakes. Is Frazier’s Idea of a great week of practice just people showing up to the practices? Games reflect what is being done in practice and from the way this team has played games this year. The answer to how they’re practicing comes out to be not very good.

By DRS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Mike W. They may need some or much improvement on the Defense, who knows, are you going to ask coach what is he going to do about the needs on the defense?

By DRS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Have to go, everyone have a great night. Go Vikings

Vikings 45, Falcons, 23

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Yea you haven’t been around much, neither have I… Lots of Canadian tourists spreading their wealth in Vegas lately.

By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

You mean “losing their wealth”, Vegas.

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Un jinx us Titus, please predict a loss and let’s see what happens

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Nah, they’re packing out suitcases full of money. That’s how Vegas keeps the lights on.

By Frederick Jones on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

@James,

You are correct in saying we need defensive backs.

AND OFFENSIVE LINEMEN!!!!

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

So the website is monitored/maintained by the NFL?? And it’s not kept up to date. That’s interesting

By Frederick Jones on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Titus,

Keep posting about the Monday Mailbag.

That’s as bogus as it gets!

By Frederick Jones on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

@Brad,

We keep using the Cover 2 or whatever it is, because we have no d backs that can cover anyone.

(I would like to see them try Marcus Sherels, but then maybe he might do well. In that case we would have to shoot him!)

34. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

By Frederick Jones on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

@DRS,

and an OFFENSIVE LINE.

(Never forget to add that, because the powers that be WILL.)

By TheRealDon on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Fred..Well sitting back and letting the wr catch the ball isn’t working either we need change..

By DRS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Frederick Jones, that too, we need a team fix, will this coach do what is needed, that is the question.

By DRS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Good night one and all.

By KLAWZ on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

@Parody………for starters i dont drink beer….. i drink wiskey………..wasnt drinking at the time! I have said plenty “good” things about the vikings….but hard to do right now with two wins and players that look like they are playing high school football! You call me a fair weather fan…………boy you dont know squat…………been bleeding purple for more than 30 years little man!

By Frederick Jones on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

The 49ers added several good rookies including the #7 pick in the draft who leads
    the SF team in sacks. They also changed the coaching staff…big time. They made an overhaul. It wasn’t just the head coach.

I’m telling you this because I want the Vikings to go a different route this year. It’s been proven time and again that firing a coach every year does not work.
    We need a new General Manager to replace the 231,889 Vice Presidents.

This system of VPs does not work well when you are trying to make
    big decisions in the draft, trades, or free agency.

WE WANT A GENERAL MANAGER TO REPLACE THE VPs

By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

The Giants game is the best I have seen today– at least its competitive. Go GIANTS!!!

By KLAWZ on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

@Parody…reasons why i get upset is because the vikes for years make the same mistakes over and over again….if they learned from them it would be a different thing……….but they dont!

By KLAWZ on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

I dont mind the Giants leading their division what so ever…down with Phily and Big D!!!!

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

@KLAWZ- I agree, like our secondary playing ‘off’ the WR’s… It seems like that has been their make over as long as I can remember. Almost any team can come from behind in the 4th by just passing against us. Year after year!

By KLAWZ on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Yes, so its not just me….. our secondary has been terrible for years…..please fix!

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Mike Wobschall – I don’t appreciate being lied to.

I visited some of the official web pages of the other teams in the NFL to review this claim. I went to all of the NFC North blogs, and randomly selected the 49ers, Titans, Patriots, Dolphins, Steelers and Ravens. Of them, the Dolphins don’t use a blog, so they can be ignored in this rant. But the Titans, Ravens, Patriots and Bears sites all had no Tag Cloud in their blog! The Packers Tag Cloud was extremely limited (about 5 items inside it).

The worst of all of them that I saw was the 49ers, which still had the name of their former coach glaring at them like the Vikings site continues to Brads Childress spitting in our face.

The point of all this is that the NFL obviously is not forcing websites to jam this down our throat! Why can’t you just tell us the truth and admit that you either don’t know how or don’t want to please your readers?

I don’t think it’s up to you to decide what constitutes the significance of our conversations. There has not been a single person to step up and say they like the tag cloud and the fact that it mentions former coaches and players. Many of us have stated that we dislike it. I think that makes it significant.

By TheRealDon on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Parody…Now that’s what you called doing your homework..Hahahaha

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

It’s insignificant KLAWZ, let’s not bicker about it.

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Did anyone see that run Blount had against the whole packer defense? He taught class.

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Klawz – Your posts indicated that you wouldn’t be remiss if the Vikings moved to LA, because they were playing poorly this year. To me, that screams fair weather fan. I hate the fact that people are using the poor performance over the past 2 seasons as an argument against keeping the team in Minnesota! It is about as short sighted of an argument as can be made.

And the beer comment was just a guess as to why you were unable to figure out why you were unable to post. An intelligent person would have been able to take the time to consider likely reasons for being blocked, instead of just complaining about it.

I was assuming that you were an intelligent person, so that led me to believe that you were inebriated in some fassion. I decided to just mention the most likely cause of inebriation during a football game. No need to be offended by that.

35. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Parody, I admire your research, but I could have told you that he’s a d!ck.

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

@TheRealDon – Actually, I’m doing this research as a form of procrastinating from doing my ACTUAL homework! That’s okay though, since most of it isn’t due for another week yet…

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

@Parady- can you do a study of a win-loss record of the Vikings while leading in the fourth quarter by 7 points or less? I’d like to see how many times our secondary has been torched and lost games for the team, I bet it’s 75% or greater. I know this would never be answered by anyone on the team so I have to count on you…. Parody’s Monday Morning Mailbag!!

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Vegas – Sounds like fun! How far back do you want me to go?

By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

And then break it down to “turf vs grass””, home vs away”, “night vs day”, divide by Childress, subtract Favre,========1 big f’ing mess.

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

LOL – seems like a bit much. I’ll take up that research project after I get hired by the team/website to find stats for the fans!

But here is a rather informative website about the team since its inception: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/

By DesertViking on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Charlie Johnson, John Sullivan, Phil Loadholt, Anthony Herrera, Asher Allen, Cedric Griffin, Hussain Abdullah, Jamarca Sanford, Tyrelle Johnson.

Why are all of these underachievers still starting, or even on this team?

When will the coaching staff make the changes that this team needs?

When will we give the young guys the playing time they need in order for them to be evaluated? Because the way that these “starters”, and I use that term loosely, are preforming it really can’t get any worse.

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Haha, I think Parody has the skills Nova…
    I’ve been a true purple (blue) Viking fan since forever but I wouldn’t want you to do that. How about the last 10 years? Or since the infamous knee of 1998…?

By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

That problem goes back even to the 98 team– it was just our offense was so powerful, it wasn’t as big a deal.

By vikesfansteve on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

This is worse than the Les Steckel season. Worst Vikings start ever. Frazier should have never been hired after going 3-3 in his interm basis. He was hired because of the Philly game win which was pure luck. The team plays for him like they did at Detroit (both games) to end last season. Just plain undisiplined & flat.

They should hire Tony Dungy away from NBC. That will get them there stadium & an actual chance to finally win a Super Bowl.

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Yes I wouldn’t want to put you thru those painful memories. I’ll check out the website, thanks.

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Mike Wobschall – IF you are all of a sudden deciding to delete blogs that are no longer relevant, such as the Mailbags, why not go back and delete the ones that tag Childress, Favre, Bevell, and all the other former personnel of the team? Tag problem solved! Plus, it frees up some storage space…

By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

I am still curious as to why the Monday Morning Mailbag blog is now being tossed. This is no light issue, Mike W. Mike says I am slowing things down and should quit worrying because fans should be heard. Really? I mean, REALLY???

The blog is a permanent source of banter and spirited discussion of the fans and to allow us to truly speak our minds would mean we have a voice. But I can tell you why I believe the Mailbag is being removed– selective damage control through censorship. After Monday’s debacle, Mike wanted to shut the voice of the people!

In fact– gang– all your hard work in writing posts and enjoying the debate is about to vanish— The record of our thoughts and postings are about to be deleted– then the only record of questions asked will be what the powers want to display in a tightly controlled setting called Monday Morning Mailbag.

SO– ARE THE FANS REALLY ASKING THE QUESTIONS? REALLY? Or is it the few that seem to conform to an agenda?

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

It’s almost like our government huh Titus. I will convert to The Daily Norseman if everyone else will…??? Occupy Vikings!!

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Good questions Titus. This site used to appear as if it cared about the fans…why has that mantra disappeared?

36. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

LoL Vegas – I like your second idea better…but how would we camp out on the sidewalk of the Vikings website?

At least they can’t send the police to drown us all in a cloud of pepper spray…

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

…of course the tag cloud could be viewed as digital pepper spray…

…I know it burns my eyes every time I look at it!

By Phil on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

We Should find a better defense coordinator!!!

By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

I tried pi$sing on it, but gave up after buying 3 new computers !

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Interesting statistic from that website I posted earlier: The Vikings are historically horrible against the Raiders. In the 12 matchups before today, we were 4-8, making them our second worst opponent behind the Jets at 1-8.

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

LMFAO Nova – Keep the gold coming!

By KLAWZ on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Wow i love it……….fair weather fan huh???….. yep sounds about right………….cause i have had season ticks for about the past 9 or 10 years…………Intelligent…. think i am doing ok… graduated from two separate colleges and came away with 2 BA’s and two minors…….can you say the same….dont post about what you don’t know!……doesn’t make you sound intelligent! Ha Ha!

For the record you can look back…. i have said repeatedly i do not want the vikes to move to cali! There ya go Parody….do some more homework chief!

By Phil on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Outdoor stadium would be the best way to go!!!!

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

dont post about what you don’t know
    Such as why your posts are getting blocked?
    +1 Hypocrite point.

How about a single BA with 2 minors and 1.5 years of graduate school with a 4.0 GPA?
    +1 Hypocrite point.

I don’t really care to look back and see how many times you have contradicted yourself. The simple fact is that the post I was replying to gave a good implication that you don’t mind if they go.

Do you have anything constructive to say, or do you just like to complain?

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

We would have to occupy Winter Park I guess. This may not be the best time of the year to stage a protest in Minnesota. We may have to delay the event until June, maybe by then they’ll have their act together.

By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Guys, come on, we are on the same team. Intelligence means nothing if you cannot treat one another with respect.

By KLAWZ on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Ahh nice job on the one up man…..bet i believe that nor do i care! Sleep tight little buddy you have long day of being captain blog tom! Thought we could voice our opinion….isnt that what blogs are all about………..ahh i must be wrong again….dang wish i had that “4.0″ like Parody did back in the day…. i would be all set!

Go vikes………..learn from your mistakes and move on!

By VegasVike on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

I agree Titus, I do this for entertainment. There’s plenty of stress in everyday life this is my release. Well, my iPad runneth over at about 125 blogs so I’m outta here. Peace to all and get well wishes to Adrian Pete. Goodnight

By KLAWZ on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Your right guys………..I will gracefully step out of this “whose got the bigger d#ck” contest..

Good night!

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

I don’t know why I have to keep on reminding you, but I was never saying that you can’t “voice” your opinion. I was simply stating my disgust that someone who calls himself a fan of the team would make such a comment. That was my opinion. If you weren’t such a hypocrite, you would have realized that and let it go.

And there is no “back in the day” hun. That’s as of the end of the last scholastic semester. If you didn’t care about it, why did you bring it up? Try thinking things through a little better next time, and decide if you want answers to the questions you’re asking. If not, you’re better off not asking the question at all.

Sleep tight!

37. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

By KLAWZ on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

I guess you dont understand when your being made fun of…. and i won anyway… Mr. High and mighty keeps replying !!!

Is what it is……..we are both vikes fans man…………. your glass is half full, but i tend to be a realist …. i always expect the worse…. call it a character flaw, but i am sure you dont have any of those!

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Sorry Titus, but sometimes people just come across the wrong way. I usually avoid them all together, but every now and then I feel an overwhelming need to defend my team.

By Parody on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

You won? I didn’t realize we were in a competition. Tell ya what, why don’t you explain the rules and the scoring system to me, and we can have a rematch!

Best 3 out of 5? I’ll even let you keep your first win. What do you say?

By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

“Mr. High and mighty”…I like that. Was that because I answered your question about the level of my education? I’m sorry if it offended you, I just think that it’s rude to avoid answering someone’s question.
    By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Oh wait…I think I understand now. You won the “‘whose got the bigger d#ck’ contest.”

Well I concede that victory to you. You won that hands down. It’s not a contest I would want to win anyways, but if it’s something you take pride in, then I applaud you for your victory. Your dîckotry is truly unmatched. Bravo!
    END

38. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Sorry to burry everyone in such a long list of long posts…but good literature must be saved ;)

39. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

FANTASTIC

40. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

And just in case any site managers get the idea of deleting it all over again, I warn you, you are only creating more work for yourself. I will continue to repost this as long as it continues to get deleted.

41. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

This is a gem from Mike W

So, the fans who deserve answers are deleted. Selective hearing. No- the fans have no voice– Mike W selects a few hand picked fan questions– the rest he obliterates. DOES THAT SOUND LIKE FANS DESERVE ANSWERS?????

42. By purplenyella on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Mike you obviously dodge stuff u suck man. i’m gonna have to try to create my own blog. You hide the main issues. Go die bro

43. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I was gonna make a comment but I forgot what we were discussing:/

44. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

LOL – Sorry Viking-ology. I wish I could have done it a better way, but I felt that it needed to be done.

45. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Perhaps it was Titus’ next bold prediction! LOL

46. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Do you want a prediction? We play Atlanta — that will be tough.

47. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

No problem Parody

48. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Prediction Titus? Just say we’ll lose and lets see what happens!

49. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I predict 49ers, Lions, and Dallas win on Thursday.

50. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Lions over Green Bay?

51. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Here is my bold prediction 49ers will oust an undefeated (regular season) Packers in the championship game

52. By Parody on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Dang…everybody is getting so superstitious! And against Titus! Don’t forget that he got it right twice…how does the Optimistic Titus Superstition account for that?

53. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Yes, Lions beat Green Bay– guaranteed. And Rodgers may be injured.

54. By KLAWZ on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Yes, site managers he is warning your….ha ha ha please! Wow…. i was kinda joking about the whole “captain blog” thing, but guess i was right…. ha ha ha ha! All fear captain blog…. !

55. By KLAWZ on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Lions have been know to come back for the win this year, but i just cant see it against the pack…way to much Offense !

56. By VegasVike on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Apparently Vikings.com is in disarray just like the team. Daily Norseman friends, I’ll switch but to make an ‘occupy’ statement we all must.

57. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

It’s possible Titus, but Green Bay would have to have an off day to lose-especially on prime time. BTW what is the final score of Vikes/Atlanta?

58. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Vegas doing a little Yoda impersonation! LOL

59. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Did you see the Lions score 49 points on Sunday in Carolina? Lions are 7-3 and they are at home— I think Suh and company will get to Rodgers. Stafford will have a field day in passing. This is a serious prediction. I am on a limb with the 49ers– deep down I think the Ravens will win, but I am not a big fan of them.

Vikings 45, Falcons 37

60. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Pats are tearing it up now.

61. By KLAWZ on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I think it will be an extremely close game….. the Lions are a force this year…. I just got to think Green bay will eek it out…..but maybe not…any given Sunday i guess! 49ers are crazy this year…not sure bout the QB….. Ravens D…amazing Offense can be very hit and miss!

62. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I give you credit Titus-when you make a prediction, you go all-out!

63. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Green Bay will kick a FG to win it as time expires. 34-31

64. By Twoodsnvikes on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

the only game we have any chance of winning is against the broncos because tebow is a terrible passer and we have a decent run defense, so 2-14 or 3-13 should get us a top 3 draft pick

65. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Ponder should have a good game against Atlanta, but alas, another loss for Minnesota.34-27

66. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I hope Toby gets a lot of work– he can get it going when given a chance. He is the kind that needs a lot of reps to boost his motor.

67. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

This just in…Bill Cowher has stated he will be ready to coach in the NFL next year. He also commented that he would like to coach in a cold weather town because in would do wonders for his sinus congestion.

68. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

Realistically, I would pick Atlanta, but as a Vikings fan, I gotta believe!
    Vikings by a touchdown. (Hey, then again, I saw Atlanta’s coaching decisions in a recent game– I saw the end of that game against the Saints– maybe we REALLY do have a chance.)

69. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

We want a pitcher not a belly itcher!

70. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I want to personally thank Parody for saving the Monday Morning Mailbag blog. He is our hero of the week. I think that is fantastic.

71. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

This just in…Frazier has stated that he is giong to impliment charades into his signal calling just to remind eveyone that win or lose, its how you play the game-sounds like…

72. By Viking-ology on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

I’m done for the nite-gotta read a book to my boy. Peace all

73. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

What kind of contract is Frazier on? Not that I am on the fire Frazier wagon–just curious. Was it one year, three..?

74. By CAPTAIN BLOG on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

…and I will be ever vigilante, fighting for free speech, justice, and the Vikings way!

75. By desanc on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

vikings should try joe webb at d-back. he could cover anyone

76. By vikefanforlife on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

i love antione winfield but hes up there in years and hes injury prone. they are paying him 7 million a year cortland finnagan is being paid 4.5 million it will give them cap space and add a reliable player

77. By Nicholas on Nov 21, 2011 | Reply

@FRED JONES AND PAUL M.

I AM 110% WITH BOTH OF YOU—I DID A LITTLE RESEARCH ON OUR STRUCTURE AFTER SEEING HOW FRED WOULD ALWAYS GO ON ABOUT THE 10000000000 DIFFERENT VPS.

GET A GENERAL MANAGER, FIRE THE VPS—-DRAFT O-LINE AND DEFENSIVE BACKS—-GET A #1 WR—WE HAVE A GOOD QB, TE, RB, AND A FEW OTHER GOOD PLAYMAKERS—–A GOOD BIT OF RESTRUCTURING AND A COUPLE OF GOOD DRAFTS SHOULD SET US ON A WINNG COURSE!!!!!!

78. By alex on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

I didn’t think the Offense play calling has been that bad this year. It has been better than the past few years. Its the Oline and Dbacks that have had me screaming. Finally put ponder in after losing so many games because of the QB and now the Oline doesnt block at all.

Im shocked ponder is still able to walk. He has been taking some massive hits. And still im seeing a QB that could turn out great. When he has time in the pocket he has made some incredibly accurate throws.

Draft an OLine some Dbacks and a Deep threat WR and this team is gonna be a team to beat

79. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

Man you guys are crazy. Leave poor old Mike Wobs alone hahaha

80. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

this is just a horrible season. there are so many more things to worry about than deleted blogs. I know freedom of speech and all but I doubt the supreme court would take our case.

How about we talk about how horrible our special teams played??? how many times did Oakland start with the ball in our territory?

81. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

Priefer needs to seriously get special teams in gear, I think special teams is just as bad as our CBs, OL, and WRs. I think Sherels shouldnt field kicks anymore he just makes horrible decisions and hes not much of a threat.

82. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

I would never cheer for someone to get fired but everyone complains about Frazier but Priefer needs to seriously fix our special teams or he may be on the way out. too many good returns from other teams and I think the opening kick off to Percy was our only good play

83. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

Chilldress seriously killed this team. He was so worried about saving his skin that he did not build for the future. and this team is showing the side affects. A lot of over paid vets with not enough young talent being developed. The patch up team that Chilldress put together is killing us

84. By Nicholas on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

BUILD THIS TEAM FROM THE DRAFT—–BUILD AROUND PONDER AND ALL DAY AP!!!!!!

—-Where does this start???? IN THE TRENCHES-FIX THE O-LINE!!!

——This is a PASSING LEAGUE…FIX THE SECONDARY!!!!!

——Question: Who is our #1 WR?? Answer: Michael Jenkins—-who is a good COMPLIMENT to a #1 WR. GET A #1 WR!!!!

——What is our record??: 2-8 Are we built to win now??? NO! REST your veteran playmakers and TEST your young talent!!!!

Build for the future—-GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

85. By hippster on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

this team is stringing thier fans along to milk every penny out of minn they can before they depart for another state

86. By Rocksalt on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

For 10 games, Vikings players have been telling us how much talent they have. Over the final six games, these same players, as well as the coaches, face the possibility of stamping themselves as the worst team in franchise history.

In 51 years, only three Vikings teams have started 2-8: the first two teams in 1961 and 1962, and this year’s team, which fell to that mark after Sunday’s 27-21 loss to the Raiders.

A loss on Sunday and this year’s team would match the franchise’s worst start of 2-9, set by the expansion team in 1961. The team in 1962 tied its 11th game of the season.

As far as the overall record is concerned, there are two teams that are the benchmark for bad football in Vikings history. Les Steckel’s 1984 team had the most losses at 3-13. And Norm Van Brocklin’s 1962 team had the fewest wins (2) and worst winning percentage (2-11-1, .178).

Keeping this kind of company will do wonders for nabbing a left tackle high in next year’s draft. But it’s not a comfortable spot to be in from a historic standpoint. Just ask Mr. Steckel.

Can the Vikings finish out the string of losses against the Falcons, Broncos, Lions, Saints, Redskins and Bears?

Well, put it this way. The Vikings just found a way to lose at home when the other team had 12 penalties.

Mark Craig MPLS STAR TRIBUNE

87. By jeremy on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

Can anyone tell me why the Vikes don’t scrimmage against the Saints and the Chiefs in Wisc. in the off season like they used to years ago? I’ve often wondered about that… I thought it was an invaluable tool to get them more ready for the year~

88. By DRS on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

What? No one has any faith in our defense in stopping the other team from scoring? No predictions of Vikings 21, Atlanta 3. Why is this? Is it because the Vikings have not paid attention to their defense in a long time? Maybe now they will look long and hard at the problems with this team. Get O-lineman and fill in the holes in the D-Fence.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

89. By Troutdaddy on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

Wow, so why is anyone surprised that an “Official Minnesota Vikings” blog moderates their blog, removes posts and edits content? This is not a “personal” space for us fans to just do whatever we want. Sure, it is meant for us to express our opinions, but when people come in here and post Novels then it defeats the purpose. That is what facebook is for. The fact is that Wobs posts articles to give us fans an opportunity to have information as the organization see’s fit- not to further “Our” wishes. I have a lot of respoect for Titus and several other contributers here, but it has become so predictable here. really not a lot of fun. I really Miss Josh’s “After the Dust Settles” articles from last year as it was truly a fan perspective without all of the fluff. Maybe a better format for a blog like this…. Just a thought. Keep bleeding purple everyone…

90. By 61vikings on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

This team got old fast, more so on the defensive side!! I’m sure Kevin Williams misses Pat Williams, but it’s the guys we’ve drafted or signed as free agents that have not worked out!! I believe it will take 3-4 years to build this defense up to be a contender, that’s how far off they have fallen!! There’s only 4 guys on this defense you can build around, J.Allen, C.Greenway, K.Williams and A.Winfield!! Our needs are more than just DB’s!! MLB, DT and DE need to be addressed as well!! Brian Robison is a back-up at best!! Jasper Brinkley needs to take over the middle once he comes off of IR, which could be next year!!

91. By Dr0wssap on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

Hey buddies.

92. By JPNYC on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

on another note, the vikings o-line was in its usual form- broken down, ineffective and inept.

93. By David P on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

I have an idea for the vikings. No need to evaluate the talent that is on this team for the next 6 games. it is time to start over. Write the pink slips for 49 players and the 4 that are left over. START OVER.

94. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

I hope we win at least 3 more so we are not in the basement. I have a strange feeling about this Atlanta game. It could be the upset of the week.

95. By sandiamond on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

titus! titus! you didn’t see the altanta game. we have our flipping hands full! away game

96. By Regfan on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

I think Frasier needs a personal coach on team preparation and evaluation

97. By desanc on Nov 22, 2011 | Reply

joe webb at db. just sayin

98. By Carl Brodin on Nov 23, 2011 | Reply

As far as the D-line goes we have J-Allen and K-Williams. Put B-Robison back to 3rd down pass rusher. Install Everson Griffin in as the 1st-2nd down left end. We either need to do 1 of 2 things try to get J-Kennedy back or another free agent or draft a combo run stuffing pass rushing NT. I agree with the blogger in here that we need put J-Brinkley in the Mike LB position and either keep E.J. Henderson for the blitz packages or cut him loose because if were going to play cover two we need a LB that can get back to the deep middle to cover that part of the field. We will need some LB depth. We will need to move M-Raymond over to SS and draft or get a FS from free agency and put J-Sanford and H-Abdullah back on special teams. We will in the next two years try to draft 2 starting corners in case C-Cook does not come back and it does not look like he will be back from the team if he does then the CB position will be strengthened. Hopefully Winfield can go 2 more years if not we will have to install M-Sherrels at the nickle and B-Burton as the dime. For the rest of the year we should play different zone coverages and a little man cove and cover 2 mixed in.

99. By wacky on Nov 23, 2011 | Reply