Frazier Pleased With Week Of Practice, Mindset Going Into Raiders Game

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 18, 2011 – 3:16 pm

There was no shortage of disappointment, both inside the Vikings locker room and among the fan base, following the Vikings lackluster outing last Monday night against the Packers in Green Bay. Facing a short week and another division leader this weekend, the Vikings were forced to get over that loss quickly and focus on another tough opponent.

Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier met with reporters on Friday following the team’s last full practice before Sunday’s game against Oakland, and he thinks the team is ready to produce a better output than they did just five days ago at Lambeau Field.

“Based on the way we practiced, I think the mindset seems to be where it needs to be,” Frazier explained. “That’s the impression that I get. Now we have to go out and play the game, but we have practiced well, we really have. Good focus, good attention to detail. We’ll see whether it translates to the type of performance that we need for Sunday.”

Outside of practicing well this week, Frazier pointed to the fact that the Vikings will be playing at home as another reason to expect the team to perform well on Sunday. The Vikings are 19-9 at Mall of America Field since the start of the 2008 season, and another sold-out crowd will pack the stadium on Sunday.

“I think we put three good days together of work on a short week,” Frazier said. “I really feel like our guys will go out and compete and play hard on Sunday, and are really looking forward to being in front of our fans at Mall of America Field. It should be a good contest against a very good football team, and as I mentioned earlier this week, we’re anxious to get back on the field and play a game.”

Tags:

113 Responses to “Frazier Pleased With Week Of Practice, Mindset Going Into Raiders Game”

1. By TheRealDon on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Vikings By 14

2. By Parody on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

19-9 Since 2008…
    You had to squeeze in the records from the back-to-back Division Championship years in order to make our home record look respectable.

We’re 1-3 at home this year and we were 3-5 at home last year, making for a total of 4-8 at home in recent games. Doesn’t look like much of an advantage anymore, does it?

3. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Nope, but I expect the Vikings to play very aggressively– especially Peterson and Allen– they want the taste of MNF ‘s debacle out of their psyche. It may not be easy, but I expect a win– if not, we are headed for a very good draft pick.

4. By Justin F on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

I don’t take anything Frazier says as serious anymore. He “thinks” the mindset in the right place? ugh…

5. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Justin– do you want Frazier to say he is certain what is in the minds of his players? Should he bring out a crystal ball? Ugh.

6. By Justin F on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

We all know that everyone is not in the same place of mind. The coaches think everyone is, but it’s up to the individual player whether they want to share that collective thought process or not. The Packer game is a classic example of breakdown in mental health.

7. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Carson Palmer probably cannot wait to test our pourous pass D

8. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

BTW
    Frazier thought the team was well prepared for last wek’s trouncing…..

9. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

week, not wek

10. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Titus-
    Good idea..maybe the coaches should consult the magic 8 ball when gameplanning

11. By Parody on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

It’s okay Rocksalt, Mike made a typo too. He either meant to title the blog “Frazier pleased with weak practice…” or “Frazier pleased with week off practice…”

Either way means a weak game and we get a higher draft pick! How can a head coach with such horrible play in so many areas not be pleased with that?

12. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

LOL Parody…..

13. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Every stinkin team knows they can pass at will on us………they also seem to not fear our pass game……..

14. By Parody on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Beyond that, Rocksalt, last week the Packers showed everybody that you’re always in 4-down territory against us, simply because you get more yards on 4th down than you would if you punted the ball…

15. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

so then the box is loaded up like a fat man’s plate at an- all -you- can- eat buffet…….

16. By Parody on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

So they pile a bunch of pork, turkeys and cream-puffs on top of their plate? Sounds like AP should be able to run around that…

17. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

AND Frazier is pleased with practice……….h3ll I wouldn’t be pleased……….we got BEAT DOWN on EVERY ASPECT of the game……….WTH?

18. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

don’t overlook the crab legs…they have claws……

19. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

you guys remind me of the best part of every game this year– my wings.

20. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Anyone can look loike an all-pro in practice….that is why we held on to Tjack so long…….dude probably looked like Tom Brady in practice, then was like a deer in the headlights in a game

21. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

You have wings TT?

22. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

I cannot remember a more lacklu$ter season……….maybe when we had Les Steckle

23. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Yes, for every game and covered in Louisiana hot sauce– makes for a slower take off, but once air-born, watch out!

24. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

mmmmmm……nuthin like a good dose of Louisana Hot Sauce………

25. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

I am concerned that Carson Palmer will be launching an air assualt on us……

26. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Last time Carson was in the dome, the Bengals were like 9-3 and we killed them.

27. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

typing too quickly………..which is not quick by most standards

28. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

when was that TT?

29. By sandiamond on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

McFadden out that is good news! We got Carson’s number from the Cini days
    Raiders run into a buzzsaw

30. By sandiamond on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Titus prediction?

31. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

don’t, Titus………don’t do it, man……..

32. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Bengals came in to the dome when we were like 10-1 — back in 09. Everyone said that would be a tough one for us– Palmer did horrible.

33. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Vikings 31, Raiders 17

34. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

D’ OH!!!!!!!!
    NOW YOU DID IT!!!!!

35. By sandiamond on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Oh my! like the sound of that titus

36. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

In the name of all things symmetrical,
    I will reverse that prediction:
    Raiders 31, Vikings 17

37. By sandiamond on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

The line changed from vikes by 5 1/2 to the raiders by 1. either way it will be good to see a close game!

38. By sandiamond on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

That should work Rock!!!

39. By Rocksalt on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

just tryin ta keep balance in the universe, Sand…

40. By BACK TO THE FUTURE on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Chilly and Jerry Burns are tied for third best all time coaches of Vikings.

41. By LouieCaliFan on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

They just don’t have enough talent on this team.I love Adrian Peterson but a 100 mill contract to a running back?Really

42. By PAUL M. on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

THE RAIDERS DON’T NEED McFADDEN TO BEAT US BECAUSE THEY HAVE POWER EXACTLY WHERE WE ARE WEAK.

SPECIFICALLY, THEY HAVE SPEED AT THE EDGES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL — ESPECIALLY NOW, W/ COOK GONE, OUR CB’s WILL BE ABUSED.

I EXPECT 8+ IN THE BOX OFTEN, W/ OAKLAND KEYING ON ADRIAN & PERCY.

43. By PAUL M. on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

THESE COACHES DON’T SEEM TO WANT TO USE RUDOLF MORE. JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULDN’T USE THE KID TO OPEN UP PERCY, ADRIAN & SHANC MORE.

44. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Vikings 31, Raiders 17– final answer

45. By viking-ology on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Burns was like Denny which was like Chilly-wasted talent-and can’t make it to the Superbowl.

46. By viking-ology on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Vikies must win at home 27-20 Minny-

47. By PAUL M. on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

IN MY MIND, THE LESLIE FRAZIER EXPERIMENT HAS FAILED.

IT’S JUST A MATTER OF TIME, AND HOW MUCH OF IT WE WILL HAVE TO ENDURE, BEFORE THE INEVITABLE CHANGES WILL BE MADE.

MY HOPE IS THAT, JUST BECAUSE FRAZIER IS A GOOD MAN, IT WON’T TAKE TOO LONG BEFORE THE WILFS ACT PROACTIVELY.

48. By viking-ology on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

The game plan for MNF was pathetic to say the least- They had a bye week to prepare for that! OL was bad, Pass D was horrific-and the coaches better get thier act together.

49. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

when was the last time our defense got an INT? scored points? I think last year versus Philly was the last time we took one to the house, there was a time when our defense use to always come up huge especially in clutch moments. We arent ball hawks anymore.

50. By viking-ology on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

their

51. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

We should have opportunities to do it against Palmer, he is only 3 weeks in to this season. If the Allen and the boys up front put pressure of Palmer he will make quick decisions. I just hope our secondary can make the catches because we drop an insane amount of pics.

52. By viking-ology on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Sapp-really! Desperate times call for desperate measures. Can anyone tell me why we did not go for Brandon Lloyd when the Broncos traded, he coul’d have filled in a big void for Vikes.

53. By PAUL M. on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

THE GIG IS UP ! WE’VE BEEN X-RAYED & FULLY EXPOSED !

THIS IS A COPY-CAT LEAGUE.

GREEN BAY DIDN’T DO ANYTHING EXTRAORDINARY TO BEAT US & THE BLUE PRINT IS OUT THERE FOR OAKLAND & EVERY OTHER TEAM TO SEE.

54. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Well any way as I like to say out here in California, “The world is a safer place when the Raiders win.” but not this weekend, Vikings win. Im going to the belly of the beast and watching the game with a ton of Raider fans. I hope I make it out alive, if I dont blog anymore after sunday they got me.

55. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Greasy- don’t blow your horn too much– I expect our D to put the hammer down. Vikings by 14 and I am being conservative–

56. By viking-ology on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Is Toby Gerhart on the team-because it sure don’t look like it. Vikes should use him like the Bucs used that big bruiser in the late 90’s. No creativity at all in our offense-or entire coaching staff for that matter.

57. By viking-ology on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Ponder will out-duel Palmer, and get his first home-win.

58. By sandiamond on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

final score 27-24 in OT. any given sunday the vikes defensive backfield can’t give up more than 3 td’s

59. By Viking-ology on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Whooooooooooooooookay. Vikings win one for the little girl you made cry on Monday!

60. By Viking-ology on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

lol diamond

61. By Viking-ology on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

I don’t know how to feel about Frazier, but look at what the 49ers have done with their 1st year head coach-something to be said about a proven winner.

62. By PAUL M. on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

GOD KNOWS, I WANT THE VIKINGS TO WIN — ESPECIALLY AGAINST OLD SUPER BOWL OPPONENTS . . . .BUT . . . . HOW MANY GOOD TEAMS HAVE WE BEATEN SINCE LAST NOV??

JUST ONE – THE EAGLES. THE OTHERS WERE FAIR.

63. By sandiamond on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

vikings-ology, yea Gerhart has been a stumper. He could be gaining yards every week on another ballclub. I guess it’s all about depth in the rb slot but we probably burnt a draft pick

64. By Viking-ology on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

All I’m saying is Gerhart can be a good on-two punch with Peterson. I’m sure if AP gets 24 carries, and Toby gets 12 they’ll both be productive and happy and it will soften the D for passing. I just don’t get it. I guess thats why I’m arm-chair QB’ing it just like everybody else here!

65. By Viking-ology on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

(one)

66. By sandiamond on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

seems logical and works for a few nfl teams but i don’t understand it either. bottom line is we are not getting production out of a 2nd round rb compared to other teams

67. By Frederick Jones on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

WHY HAVE THE VIKINGS DRAFTED SO FOOLISHLY THE LAST NINE YEARS???

(8 Offensive Linemen selected in the last 9 years, TWO in the last FIVE years)
    (and the numbers are not much better for defensive backs)

THE VIKINGS NEED A GENERAL MANAGER NOT 17,291 VICE PRESIDENTS!!!

You must know that if you have an opportunity to play a lot of defense, you will also make a lot of tackles. Hence Robison, JAllen, and Griffen have a shot at the Pro Bowl.

I would rather have our offense make more 1st downs, keep the defense off the field, and win games.

You must know that…as long as you ignore a problem, the more likely it is to get worse. So why do you think that the Vikings will just automatically start spending their money and draft picks on OLs and DBs???

THEY WON’T CHANGE UNLESS WE DO ! !

68. By PAUL M. on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

@ Viking-ology

AGREE W/ MANY OF YOUR GOOD POINTS.

69. By PAUL M. on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

DITTO @ Frederick Jones

70. By Animal26 on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

who really cares that Frazier was pleased with how the players have been practicing this week. He say’s that at every single presser that “We’ve had a great Practice. everyone looked tuned into everything we’ve done and the players are ready to compete and play hard” when I hear that, I know it’s a load of BS. most games this year have shown that they aren’t prepared or focused in practice. Games show the results of practice and losing, for the most part, has been the result. This team is very lazy, minus a very select few of players. I couldn’t give a rats A** about what Frazier says anymore, because I’ll say it again, a motivated team with heart and passion will not blow huge leads at halftime, will not get blown out of the water, by division rivals. Look at the Broncos, that team has all the passion and heart out of just about any team in the NFL and they fight til the very end. The Vikings on the other hand for the vast majority of the players, just flop over and play dead. They quit and give up when the going gets tough.

Sorry for the long rant everyone, but the team I see this year just ticks me off.

71. By no doze on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Coach Phaser has no photon torpedos. He reminds me of a proud parent, because of PC, afraid to spank his kid. I am rather amazed that he put MdNabb down finallly. Though our skill players are better Fred Jones is right about the linemen. The Raiders will be tackling in our backfield. The Raiders are finally playing with clear heads, now that AD is dead. Maybe they will keep getting better and we are just a meal on their way there. After one loss, Paul
    Allen predicted 4-1. At least he can still smile. Ponder and Rudolph were good choices, but fixed mindsets and old ways trump talent and innovation here.

72. By Woodboat on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

@ Rocksalt… Vikings 17? SWEET!!! TWO touchdowns this weak…. err, I mean week!

73. By BE SANE AND SERIOUS on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

When someone is not performing to expectations, the best way to motivate is criticize and condemn– very influential to the human spirit.

TRUE FANS UNITE!!!
    SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!

74. By Woodboat on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

@ Viking-ology…. the Bucs RB you are referring to is Mike Alstot… a true bruiser. Gerhart could be that guy for us except for a few issues…

1) Alstot was the bruiser because their other back (name slips my mind ATM) was all speed. Peterson is Alstot and (fill-in-the-name) all wrapped up in one.

2) Alstot would get the ball 5 yards deep and get up a head of steam before blasting some poor LB in the gap. OUR O Line doesn’t provide a gap. The only bruising that Gerhart can do is to the backsides of our own “players”.

If we get in a game that our defense can keep the score close in, we will run more and we’ll see more of Toby. I don’t want to see AP lose any carries to him though. Who do you want to see in the open field should they get through the second layer, Toby or Adrian?

75. By Woodboat on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Warrick Dunn…. that was the speed guy on the Bucs…. whew, I’m not losing ALL my faculties yet…

76. By Parody on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Your faculties wouldn’t leave you WOodboat – chances are they just went on sabatical.

77. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Sorry Parody– but I think you are missing a ‘b.” I forgot about Allstate from the Bucs- he was a power runner– he was the reason the Bucs beat us in 98– only team to do so.

78. By Parody on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Yes, and I held down the Shift key too long while I was typing Woodboat. Sometimes we make mistakes that we only catch after it’s too late.

79. By Parody on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Mistakes such as putting a double quote opposite a single quote…

80. By Vikingsfool on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Seriously???? Not sure I expect the Vikes to pull this one out. It’ll be a close game which I suppose can go either way, but I gotta go with the curse and call it a loss. These guys have got thier horns turned down, Raiders by a score.

81. By Regfan on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Darren Sharper come back…

82. By Woodboat on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

I agree with those that think the team just up and quit on MNF. The defense looked like “just get me outta here… stand back there, Aaron… we promise not to tackle you… let the clock run…..”. I think Ponder was trying, but his line was probably telling him in the huddle “WTF do you think you are doing, kid? WE aren’t going to stop them from smacking you in the mouth and stepping on your hand, you had better just run around and take the sack… let that clock run so we can get home…”

THATS the inspirational power of our glorious leaders…

83. By Woodboat on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

I hate to admit it, but I agree with Vikingsfool. We are a ways away from playing any kind of winning football… especially on D. The only thing that is working on our defense is pressuring the QB (a little), and the Raiders are like 3rd in the league on stopping sacks. Give Palmer time and he’s going to eat our backfield up ala Rodgers on MNF (well, maybe not to THAT extent….)

Their D is playing pretty well. I think we can score on them some, but I doubt we’ll keep up.

84. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Parody– I thought so, but my eyes look at way too many texts– and I sent it anyway– only a blog.

Woodboat– a few times it looked like the team was standing there do nothing when they should have been rushing Rodgers– I thought my eyes were deceiving me– but apparently not.

The Philly Ghost lives on…

85. By PAUL M. on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

AS MUCH AS THIS PAINS ME:

30 – 13

OAKLAND.

86. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

I am not receiving that prediction for one moment– VIKINGS BY 14.

87. By Rick on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Stick a fork in them, thier done. Oakland by 10. Go Twins!

88. By KLAWZ on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

If a team has an half a$$ QB its game over for us! Its been said before but man is it easy to pass on our D…………..very very easy, and to be honest it has been since i have been a vikes fan………..my question is how has nobody in power ever seen this! P.S. the nfl in 2011 is a passing game…………RB dont matter any more, if you dont believe me look at our team……….arguably the best back in the league and we have 2 wins at the end of November……………..NOT GOOD!

89. By KLAWZ on Nov 18, 2011 | Reply

Twins are choke artist and it pains me to say that! Bunch of girls anyway… talkin about the JM’s take of your dresses and man up!

90. By Garrett on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

Frazier is all talk…he says the same c r a p every week and holds our guys hands and tells them how good they are after every loss

91. By Animal26 on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

Garrett: you are 110% correct.

92. By puckertrucker on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

To The Viking Fans:

We have stood by while our team loses week after week. The bigest reason was Mr. Frazier bringing in D. McNabb he was a loser in WASHINGTON for the last year before he was brought to the Vikings. And out of Mr. Fraziers own admission the reason he left McNabb in for FIVE loosing games was he owed McNabb something from when they were with Philly. Well what about the Vikings? I think the Coaching staff owe our team alot more than loses. They need to get back to winning games, and they owe that to the Wilfs how much more are we going to be subjected to the milktoast antics of the coaches with no display of fire in their approach to the games week in and week out they need to show more fire on the sidelines and call the refs on bad calls every week. the refs have driven the team into submission each and every week with penalties that they never call on the other teams. The Wilfs should look into the coaching staff and their methods before we are destine to Lose forever more. This team use to show the rest of the NFL they couldn’t run on us and in the sixties they couldn’t pass on us either but now our team looks like a drive in restaurant pull up and tell the defense how many yards they’re going to run on them and how many TD.s they want and The VIKES give it to them look at Greenbay last week they were in our backfield more than we were, no wonder why Ponder took a licking He needs better protection before he gets hurt and they have to put McNabb back inb the Game or they could Make Webb the #2 QB and use McNabb for waterboy. ANYway I hope the Teams plays much better this week than the last home game.

93. By Vikingsfool on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

hey puckertucker, fire yourself you bafoon. How can you expect the coaching staff to win games with a team that has sub-par talent??? Let Lezlie build his team for at least three years before he gets canned. Learn your football you bafoon. your a bad Vikings fan, and a stoopid one at that.

94. By Vikingsfool on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

Hey Titus, it’s called zone coverage, teams do it once and a while you know. I’m guessing you dont.

95. By DelawareDan on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

I know you all have been just waiting for my take on this. :)

One thing you have to remember about Frazier, is that he views football coaching from the eyes of Dungy. Calm,cool and collected. Having said that, there is NO spark on this team as a whole, and Frazier needs to something about it.

Look for a close game and a defensive touchdown by the vikes this week. Think Jared Allen. Vikes 28 Raiders 24

How can you talk about your food and not mention PIZZA for crying out loud !

96. By vikadann on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

Hate to say it, another loss this weekend! Raiders 28 vikes 17, at least maybe the vikes can get some better draft picks, this team is in a rotten funk mode now, the vikes only need to keep about 10 players and get rid of the rest, they should of started this years ago!

97. By vikadann on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

I agree somewhat with puckertrucker, their is no fire on the sideline, all the stupid refs need eye surgery, i have counted many calls by the refs that didnt exist against the vikes, that would of changed the outcome of the game for the vikes! and when the vikes do throw a flag to review,when it was clearly the other team that made a great play or interception! I really wonder about the staff for the vikes, the whole org is A$$ backwards, and they better get to making that new stadium or bye bye vikes, think of all the jobs it will create and i also wanted to say that Leslie will be a good coach give him some time also their in rebuilding mode.

98. By Justin F on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

Madden 11 prediction
    Madden difficulty
    5 min quarters

Vikings 20
    Raiders 13

99. By truther on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

The two left over components of a failed system are Leslie Frazier and Rick Spielman. These two individuals will continue to mine Fools Gold in the draft and free agency. The coaching personell that they have selected is like minded. More Fools Gold to come. This team is doomed until these two have been replaced, by Proven Winners. Especialy the abillity to find real Gold and Know real gold when they see it in the draft and free agency. And i dont mean the obvious talent that anyone would see.

100. By truther on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

If Ponder turns out to be a great QB , we still need to find a 6’6” 235 LB with a strong arm in the 4rth round of the draft for the future and to be as good as our #1 QB should he get injured. Half the players on this team need to be replaced with real football players befor we can even begin to compete in our Division.

101. By truther on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

If Frazier is going to develop in to one of the top coaches in the NFL, He had better learn to fix his misstakes quickly and that means Replacing the OF an DF corridinators at the end of the year. These two have brought a failed system to the Vikes. And thats why the were let go from there last Jobs.

102. By truther on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

The Wilfs Need to hire a college scout and put him incharge of The draft. Get spielman away from any draft decisions and this team will improve tremendously over the next 2 years.

103. By truther on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

How much more embaressment can we take . Our coaching staff only knows how to play chinese checkers , while our opponants are playing a complex game of chess.

104. By Smootool on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

I never thought I would say this: ” I miss the loveboat days” at least we won more games than we lost.

105. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

Last year we were 6-10 and had more disasters than any modern team has experienced in one year— give it a chance people. If mid-season next year there is no sign of improvement, then okay, maybe we might make some coaching changes. Frazier will get this ship sailing— but to build it right takes a little time. A team is not made in a microwave.

106. By purolehaze1 on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

2-7 in 2011…3-3 in the last 6 games in 2010…overall 5-10 on his watch…can’t understand why Vike’s fans wouldn’t be chomping at the bit with this record…i’m with Paul M…time to end this in house experiment…fire Spitball…clean house and get it right this time…Les…great person…but, as a HC…not so much…GO VIKES!!!

107. By vikadann on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

Why does cook even have a chance to play for the vikes anymore, he ruined his chance time to kick out the worthless and get some respectable players and dont pay them until they perform we need a whole new secondary!!

108. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

I can see it now– boot Frazier– three years from now, he is a Superbowl coach somewhere else. Life does not work like some of you want it– sound like entitled brats. To build a championship takes time. I am so glad the Wilfs own the team and not some of the bloggers on here– and if you say the Wilfs do not know what it takes to build excellence– wake up– they own property in many states and are billionaires.

109. By Mt_Viking on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

The Vikes need a new Head Coach, not this Frazier character. No team can out-play the Coach, but a Coach can make a so-so team better! Now, look at our team, we have (with the exception of D-backs and OL) real good talent! If my premise is true (not being able to out-play a coach) then by any reasoning method used….the coach IS the PROBLEM! I don’t believe Frazier will ever be a good head coach. He tries to be like Bud Grant on the side-lines…all stoic and stuff. He lacks the vision, discipline and football mind that Grant had. He may be the players choice to replace Chill, but the way I see it its the COACH that chooses the players and this team is..A$$ backwards!!! I can’t see us being successful
    no matter who we get to play for us until the Wilfs realize that Frazier has to Go!!!!

110. By Maryland Boy Troy on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

Fire Rick Spielman

111. By Dirty Nasty Legs on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

Any head coach should be allowed three years to get his system in place (players, coaching staff and playbook) before he should be considered for firing. That being said Raiders over Vikes 41-13.

112. By Regfan on Nov 19, 2011 | Reply

I don’t care if they win or lose I just want to see Ponder play ,maybe they can pretend they are at practice :)

113. By sandiamond on Nov 20, 2011 | Reply

Frampton, Johnson,Raymond and Sanford should all be playing for their jobs these next few games. If the fans have anything to do with it then two of these guys will NOT be back next year assuming Abdullah the #1 S