Loadholt, Winfield Probable For Monday Night

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 12, 2011 – 1:34 pm

The Vikings played their last game prior to the bye fairly banged up. But they’ll enter their first game coming out of the bye in pretty good shape.

Antoine Winfield, who has missed the previous 4 games with a neck injury, was a full participant in practice all week and is listed as probable on the week’s final injury report. RT Phil Loadholt, listed on the injury report with an illness, is also probable. The only starter who will not play because of injury is RG Anthony Herrera (knee).

The Packers come into Monday night’s game in fairly good shape as well. S Morgan Burnett (hand), LB Clay Matthews (knee) and G Josh Sitton (knee) are all listed as probable. Rule out for the game are T Chad Clifton (hamstring), DE Mike Neal (knee) and LB Frank Zombo (hamstring).

Posted in All | 37 Comments »

37 Responses to “Loadholt, Winfield Probable For Monday Night”

1. By Thomas A. on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Nice to have Winfield back this week! Excited for Monday night!! I know we will play with a lot of heart!! Skol Vikes!!!

2. By Spence on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Antoine Winfeild isnt better than Chris Cook..Whats the MAIN job of a Cornerback. LOCK UP THE WR!

3. By TheRealDon on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Did any of you guys watch the nfl playbook. They didn’t say one word about us it was all packers.

4. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

I noticed that too– fair and balanced reporting. Ridiculous.

5. By Clint on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

I know, it’s so unfair that they don’t talk about our team. We should be 8 -0, we are the best team in the NFL. Just cause we score less points than we allow doesn’t mean anything. Points don’t win games. Everybody paid the refs to beat us. The Packers should be 0 – 8. I can guarantee an undefeated season the rest of the way. I put the team on my back by posting this.

6. By Justin F on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

The reason is that the Packers are media darlings. They’re 8-0 and they get the admiration from everyone, from ESPN to the NFL. There’s alot of bias out there when there’s a undefeated team lurking around. I do wish they commentated on how the Vikings could have a chance, though.

7. By Justin F on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Oh, and Winfield and Loadholt won’t make a difference.

8. By Bao on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

I am really hoping that the VIkings win the Monday Night game against the Packers… if we win I’ll go out on to the street, take my shirt off and run around the town, yelling: “Packers suck! Vikings rule!!!” Literally! =))

9. By Thomas A. on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

It is tiring hearing how great the Packers and Rodgers are. I hope that we take it to them on Monday!!

10. By Clint on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

That ruined my day that those commentators don’t make mention about my team. I think they do it just to be mean. They are jealous of us Viking fans. They wish they were us. Even if we lose by 3 td’s I’ll still count it as a win. That way in my mind the Vikings will never lose.

11. By Parody on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Clint, give it up. We all know who you are. Stop pretending to be an idiot. You’re much better at it when you’re not trying to be one.

12. By ironvike on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

CLlT is a dumda$$!!!

13. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

You are correct about the Vikings O Line. We have to actually modify the offense BECAUSE the Line cannot hold their blocks long enough for a long pass.

Ponder may be as good as some say, but we will never know what he can do when it has to be, ONE, TWO, THREE, release or run on almost every play.

Why do you think the Vikings actually went to a FULL HOUSE BACKFIELD?

:))))) :))))))) :)))))))

14. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Why would the Vikings draft a defensive back high this year?

Why would the Vikings draft an offensive lineman this year?

Why would the Vikings use money or trades to get offensive linemen
    and defensive backs this year?

You see…it’s never going to change with the current administrators

15. By jboogie1203 on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

The Viking are gonna play great and ponder will as well i believe this is the turn around for the team with ponder as QB

16. By jboogie1203 on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Ima Vikings Fan, and i say Ponder will throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs

17. By adrianjedipeterson on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

does any1 know anything about chris cook?

18. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

I know I wouldn’t want my sister dating him.

19. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Hey there Nova ! I actually hope he ends up getting serious jail time, though it won’t surprise me if he doesn’t. There needs to be a message sent to these young, filthy-rich athletes that they are in fact NOT above the law and should be penalized just like everyone else, which unfortunately doesn’t happen as often as it should. These types of allegations and crimes are so much more important than football and should be treated with the appropriate level of seriousness. With that said……GO VIKES !

20. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

3DON….My thoughts exactly.

21. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

If AP gets over 125 yards rushing & over 75 yards receiving I think we win – cuz that would mean we were able to sustain drives and keep The Packers offense off the field.

22. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Granted of course, that Loadholt is able to at least partially contain Matthews, who I believe usually lines up on the right side. For me, the jury is still out on big Phil.

23. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Sometimes he his fine, but on the next play he can look like Dr. Phil.

24. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Touche’ Nova !!!

25. By NWMNVIKESFAN on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

I really believe with Winny full speed and hungry, Jared getting 2 plus sacks, AP doing his thang, and with our superstar in the making rookie playing like a pro,
    we can take the Green Gay Slackers!

26. By NWMNVIKESFAN on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Oh yea, NFL(Noses Fully Lost) playbook, the most disappointing 1 sided video I have ever seen! How can they just talk about Slackers the whole time, it was very weird! Beating the Slackers would be an extra special slap in the brown nosing broadcasters faces! P.S. I have a 1st class fcc broadcasters license! So I will call it like I see it!

27. By CanadianVF on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Beg to differ but having Winfield and Loadholt playing will really help us Monday night. I just do not understand how people can throw players like Loadholt under the bus without giving him a chance. He is in his second year and started as a rookie. Let him develop. I think his run blocking is pretty good, his pass blocking needs improvement but down the road with more experience he will be good. Saw him in Detroit at a Lions game, he is a huge man, believe me we need him.

28. By CanadianVF on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Another thing we have going for us this week is the S. I. cover curse. Had to look at all those Packers on the cover and I didn’t even bother reading the article inside the magazine.

29. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@ CanadianVF – Just an FYI – I didn’t “throw Loadholt under the bus.” I said the jury is still out – in my opinion. I too believe he can be good – but he’s not there yet.

@ NWMNVIKESFAN – I also had a 1st class license and worked in radio many years ago – hence the reason for my handle/blog name. It’s one i used on-air back in the ’70’s ! :-}

30. By CanadianVF on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@3Don, I actually wasn’t referring to you when I made that comment. It was more directed at the fans on here that day in day out, week after week trash our offensive line, I really do not think it is that bad. We have AP getting enough holes to be at the top of the rushing stats, Ponder seems to have time to throw and Sullivan and Loadholt are second year players. We drafted some more linemen in the last draft that could be good. I am sure we will go after at least one good lineman this year in the draft. So I don’t things are as dire as some of these people seem to think. On another note I agree with what you said about Cook, very disappointing, of all the places we did not need to lose a good player and former high draft pick it was that area of the defense. That one really hurt us an awfull lot!

31. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@ CanadianVF – Got it ! And yes about the Cook issue and our struggles in the DB area. What a waste of talent and a young life !

32. By 49ersFan on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Was just reading some blog articles to get the local vibe of this game, national media sucks. Great to see some Viking fans are still supporting this team, you guys best last place team in the league, seriously.

At the same time, how does it feel that you might be the only team in your division that doesn’t make the playoffs? Ouch. But good luck tonight, hoping for a miracle so we can get the #1 seed.

33. By Calim on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

I guess it feels better to be a losing team in a division in which every other team makes the playoff than to miss the playoffs with the winner of your division going 7-9 ;)

34. By radzinwisconsin on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Yeah i totally agree on the Packers getting all the effin pub! Just a few minutes ago they had 49er/NYG highlights up and they were saying can San Frans D stop the Packs offense in the playoffs!! wtf

35. By paul on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Pat brown can ply if Phil cannot tonight.

36. By CanadianVF on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

@ 49ersfan, thanks for the blog and visiting ours. Your team is an example of how quickly a team can turn things around in just one season. It gives Viking fans hope for next year when you see teams like the Bills, Bengals and 49ers dramatically improving in a short time period.

37. By CanadianVF on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Time to get my colors on and head down to the local restaurant in town to watch the game, feeling pumped. Go Vikes!!!!!!