Griffen Playing At High Level On Special Teams

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 12, 2011 – 1:56 pm

Balloting for the Pro Bowl has begun, and for Vikings fans the easy choices are to select DE Jared Allen and RB Adrian Peterson. Allen leads the NFL in sacks with 12.5, and Peterson ranks 1st in the NFL with 9 rushing TDs and 3rd in the NFC with 795 rushing yards.

But there’s another Vikings player who deserves your Pro Bowl vote. Each team has one designated non-kicker special teams player on the ballot. For the Vikings, this player is Everson Griffen. And his performance to date is well-worthy of a special teams nod.

Griffen plays on all 4 core special teams phases, leads the club with 13 special teams tackles, has forced 1 fumble, and has 5 multi-tackle games on special teams. Griffen’s versatility on special teams is perhaps the most impressive part of his game. He runs down on kickoff coverage, but is also a blocker on kickoff return. In fact, Griffen was part of a key block on Percy Harvin’s season-opening kickoff return for a TD against the San Diego Chargers.

Incredibly enough, Griffen also plays gunner on punt coverage. The gunner position is usually designated for a DB or WR; very rarely do you see a player the size of a DE in this spot. But Griffen excels at this position and has been a handful for opposing teams in the punt game.

“I’ve had linebackers before, but I’ve never used a defensive end,” Vikings Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer said of using Griffen at gunner. “He’s a unique athlete as you guys know, Everson. And he’s playing at a very high level right now and I hope he keeps playing at that level because to me, I think the more experience he gets doing that, the harder he’ll be to block. He’s going to be very difficult to block, especially for the smaller corners and safeties that are out there.”

Griffen, who has 3.0 sacks on defense for the Vikings this season, is a product of football powerhouse USC. He was a standout DE at a well-known football school, yet he’s completely embraced his role on special teams and has become one of the Vikings most valuable players in each phase of special teams.

Fans are an important part of the Pro Bowl selection process, and this year vikings.com has a slick balloting process for fans to utilize. Click here to cast your ballot.

Tags: ,
Posted in All | 186 Comments »

186 Responses to “Griffen Playing At High Level On Special Teams”

1. By Spence on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

And the other “Griffin” is playing at a Highschool level when guarding the other teams WR.

2. By VikesOwn on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

griffen is good kinda..

3. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

I like reading articles like these. Its really easy to focus on our star players and ignore the new guys. Especially on TV its hard to recognize blocks or tackles on special teams because they are so fast and the analyst rarely talk about them. good to see some of our young draftees playing well. Keep it up Griffin.

4. By Clint on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

I bet the players really care what we post on this site. In fact they’re probably reading right now. Hi Cedric!

5. By Justin F on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Everson who? That name hasn’t been said since 2009…

6. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Funny how much the Packer fans feel the need to belittle the postings on vikings.com. You might start to think they are a bit worried. Yes, the Lambeau Leap just may be the Lambeau Letdown on Monday Night Football.

7. By Roninmn.. on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

We should rotate Everson Griffin with Brian Robison, I would like to see what he can do and it would keep the defensive end position fresh on Robison’s side.

8. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Everything favors a Vikings win. Extra week of preparation and rest. New and competent quarterback inspiring the offense. Much much better running game than the Pack. The NFL’s ldeaing rusher– Allen- playing other worldly right now. The Pack getting arrogant now– Woodson talking about 16-0– so the law of averages means each week, the Pack are bound to have their first loss. Yes, I firmly believe the Pack have a game on their hands.

Oh, did I mention the weather won’t be too bad.

9. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Whoa– I wrote too fast– leading in sacks– Allen–

10. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Boy it must really suck bein’ a fan from Minnesota. Today it was Wisconsin over Minnesota. Monday it will be Green Bay over Minnesota. LOOSERRRRRS!!
    Sorry Titanium Tightass and the other droolin’ half wits on here. Everything from Wisconsin is just better. GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

11. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

IF the players read this, I’m here to say to you F*** YOU!! Your team sucks!! GO PACKERS!! Now that’s a real team.

12. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

In about 50 some hours the truth will be known.

13. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

I only have one word for Packer fans…

14. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

15. By Clint on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Did anyone know that the Vikings already won on Monday night. They might as well not even play the game. There is no way that Green Bay can win, no way. The Vikings will win on Monday night by beating the Packers. The BYE week is the biggest advantage. The Vikings should have been givin a win for the BYE week. They actually should be given wins for all 6 losses because they really won those games. Every single team we played cheated. Yeah I’m really confident now, we are really 9 – 0, so we should be favored by 14 points. I can guarantee you all a Vikings win. If they don’t win I will buy everyone McDonalds. I’m confident, the Vikings WILL win on Monday. Those other teams that played Green Bay all suck, plus the Packers cheated. Green Bay is going to lose and Minnesota is going to win. It will be a blowout, yes a blow out. I will guarantee a blowout. If it’s not a blowout I will buy everyone Culvers. Minnesota IS going to beat Green Bay by winning on Monday night, guaranteed.

16. By Clint on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Yeah, I’m going to the Barooo to watch the game too. Gophers beat the Badgers in my book. Minnesota barely lost, and they totally dominated that game. I think the axe should have stayed in Minnesota. The Goghers are the better team.

17. By Clint on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

The Gophers almost won which means the Badgers almost lost.

18. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Clint, thanks for defining a Packers fine dining experience- McDonalds, and if you want four diamond service, go to Culvers.

19. By Spence on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

People seriously have NO LIVES. Whats the point on going to another teams website to talk trash? Thats so pathetic man.

20. By odin13 on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

WOW!!, I’m sure the Packers organization would actually be ashamed to have a classless, unsportsmanlike individual such as Cali Packers Fan. If you can’t handle the rivalry then get out you undignified idiot. If the players acted like that there would be no NFL rivalries to enjoy so why can’t people like you get a grip on reality unless you’re life is so meaningless that this is all you have to hold onto ( you’re own failed, pointless existence)!!!

21. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

See. Their you guys go again. What’s with the almost. You lost. You lost then and you’ll lose again!! Just because these games were “almost” games doesn’t take away from the fact of the matter. YOU LOST!!!! I’m sure after we beat you again you’ll talk about how you “almost” won another game. And when you do, I’ll be there. :-)

22. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Sorry Spence ol’ chap. I thought the point of comin’ to a rivals fight is to talk trash. Too bad your feelings get hurt to easy. If you’re that sensitive, maybe soccor is your game. You to odin13. Touchie, aren’t we?!!

23. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

” Don’t come on our site and say those mean things you bully.”………Boo Hoo!!

24. By Viking Joe on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Stay on your own site, I remember when your packers stunk in the 70’s and 80’s, so put that in your cheeseball !!!

25. By Viking Joe on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Cali Packers Fan, learn how to spell !!!

26. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

I remember that to Officer Joe of the Spell Check Police Deparment. But see, since then we’ve won two titles and are goin’ for Three!! What has your team done since that time?

27. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Boy. You losers are worried more aboutMY spelling is than your own team!!! And you guys call me pathetic!! :-o

28. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

And Joe. I just remebered your team has and always will suck. Stick that one up your vike-hole.

29. By Parody on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Cali – Grow a brain. Anyone with half a clue can tell that the “almost won” blogger (Clint) is one of you. A Packer fan with nothing better to do than come where he isn’t welcome and try to start a fight.

If you’re all so interested in starting a fight, why not just walk into a bar and start telling random guys that you just defouled their girlfriend? At least that would take a little bit of courage, while starting things in here is just plain cowardly. Please Packer fans, prove to me that you have some courage and take your issues into the real world! If I don’t hear of multiple bar fights in the morning news, I’ll know that you’re all just a bunch of cowardly trolls.

30. By Viking Joe on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Cali your team stunk for two decades, idiot !!!

31. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Parody, don’t hold your breath, unless the States have lowered their drinking age to 13, the next bar this moron is in will be his first.

32. By Clint on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

If I will the Vikings to win they should win right? Or maybe if I blog “the Vikings will win” until my fingers bleed it will have zero effect on the outcome on the game. Or maybe I blog things of that nature to bait in Packer fans. That way I have something to do in my mom’s basement. I get bored and enjoy arguing with Packer fans. That’s just what I do.

33. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

The key to this match is to not allow a huge early lead– Pack did that to the Saints and the Chargers– not sure exactly the time or points- but I think it was about a 21 point lead against both teams in the first quarter or by early second– then the Pack barely held on– oh wait, the lowly Rams held the Pack to 3 points in three quarters at Lambeau– keep the Pack from a couple big plays and a win will come.

34. By Justin F on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

I wonder how many Packer fans Cali slept with…

35. By Clint on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Titus, stop baiting. Unless that’s your plan. Because if you are doing this to preach to the choir they’re eventually going to get tired of the same sermon. Why don’t you change your name to “Broken Record Titus” You are to blame for the Trolls.

36. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Clint– I am to blame? Take ownership over your life and actions– and grow up. I am not at your parents’ house forcing your arm to the computer. Wake up and get a life– this is getting old.

37. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Now your turning on eachother. This could get interesting. Say something about Lints mom Tightass. :-0

38. By Clint on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

If it’s getting old than stop responding to the trolls. Enabler. Only a child would repeat themself over and over again about something they have no control over. Children day dream about fairytales, the Vikings winning is a fairytale. Don’t choke on your pacifier Tightass.

39. By Clint on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Tightass, Parody, Novanutless, and greasy hand j0b are all guilty of baiting and openly welcome trolls by responding to them.

40. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

@Joe.

By the way. Your team hassuckd for Fourty Years and counting. Four Superbowl appearences and ZERO wins. Packers: Five appearences. FOUR WINS!!! Idiot.

41. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

WOW!!! Your own has turned on you guys!! Love the names. NovaNutless, Greasy HandJ0b. I’m trademarking Titanium Tightass though. :-)

42. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

.Nice job LintBall!!!!

43. By Clint on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Cali is right, everyone else is wrong. Deal with it.

44. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

You are correct about the Vikings O Line. We have to actually modify the offense BECAUSE the Line cannot hold their blocks long enough for a long pass.

Ponder may be as good as some say, but we will never know what he can do when it has to be, ONE, TWO, THREE, release or run on almost every play.

Why do you think the Vikings actually went to a FULL HOUSE BACKFIELD?

_) _) ()

45. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

@Cali Packers Fan,

You don’t judge a man by how the team he roots for does in the W-L column.

It takes no skill or brains to root for a team that is winning.

It DOES take C L A S S to root for your team through the bad times as well as the good times.

46. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

@Woodboat, Canadian Vikes Fan, and Jordan Adams,

Thank you for your sensible blogs. It’s all about TEAM, and nothing spells team more than the Offensive Linemen, and Defensive Backs. You do not have to believe me, believe Chuck Noll (Who only won 4 Super Bowls), because he said it.

If the Vikings do not spend their draft picks, and money on those two areas during the off-season they can move NOVA SCOTIA for all I care.

Football is one of the greatest team sports of all time, and your Vikings are making a mockery out of it.

47. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Remember football is played in the trenches.

The above has been the saying since football began.

Trying to utilize a 550 pound QB when your linemen only weigh 98 pounds will not work, no matter how talented the QB !

And…if the RB weighs 650 pounds and the linemen average 98 pounds, sorry you’ll be no where man ! ! !

You can draft, trade, and buy 18, 000 defensive linemen, THAT WILL NOT GET YOU A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

FIRE ALL OF THE VIKINGS VICE PRESIDENTS AND HIRE SOMEONE WHO WILL PUT THE TEAM BEFORE HIS EGO ! ! !

48. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

DEAR MR. VICE PRESIDENT OF PICKING HIS OWN NOSE:

SELECTING BACKUP TIGHT ENDS AND RUNNING BACKS may HELP inflate YOUR EGO, BUT IT WILL NOT WIN FOOTBALL GAMES.

PLEASE FIND ANOTHER LINE OF WORK!

49. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Hey, Fred Jones is in the house! Did anyone see the ESPN video on scientific quarterback? They had Ponder ( you can see it at espn’s website)- at their studio where they tested him– – and they said he was the best of all the rookie quarterbacks when on the run– a whopping 82% accuracy when running out of the pocket. So, even with some O Line issues, we have a potentially awesome QB. He should do well Monday night.

50. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

DEAR BRZEZINSKI, WILFS, AND COMPANY:

PAYING MILLIONS FOR A WASHED UP QB IS DUMB WHEN MOST OF YOUR FANS KNEW BETTER.

HOW CAN THE FANS BE MORE FOOTBALL SAAVY THAN YOU???

MAYBE YOU SHOULD HIRE A FAN AS A GM?

IT WOULDN’T BE DUMBER THAN IGNORING YOUR DEFENSIVE BACKS AND OFFENSIVE LINE FOR THE LAST 9 FREAKING YEARS!!!

51. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

@TITANIUM TITUS,

I’ll make a deal with ya.

If the Vikings beat the Packers this week, I will stop repeating my posts for one week.

I would gladly do this! ! !

I am pretty sure that they will have to get to Rodgers frequently. If he has time to read WAR and PEACE back there…foget aaa ’bout it.

52. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Fred, you post whatever, whenever, and however often you want. I am not moved by others opinions or thoughts. By the way, for the most part, I agree with you– and if I tire of your postings, I choose to not look at them. I am going to do some reading now before bed– big day tomorrow.

53. By VegasVike on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Won’t be much of Vegas here until after the game, I have better things to do with my time than argue with juveniles. The Packers aren’t douc he bags and some of their fans aren’t either, the ones on here can fill up the shelves at walgreens. Go Vikes let’s get a big win!!

54. By Clint on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

By acknowledging the trolls you are willfully participating in the juvinile activity. Intellegent people don’t come on blog sites to brag about themselves. Judge yourself Vegas, you’re the biggest hippocrate of them all.

55. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

@Titanium Titus,

Although you are one of my favorite bloggers, I think you are as affected by others posts as much as most other people.

That’s why we may always have wars, we do not think alike ! ! !

56. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

@Titanium Titus,

The offer I made to stop repeating posts was made to you.

Since you rejected it, I reserve my right to continue the necessary
    h a r r a s s m e n t of the Vikings powers that be.

Perhaps a Wilf who is not in the drafting room will read my posts and get a clue!!!

57. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Nah, Fred, I am not agitated in the least by the troll — some of their (his) postings make me literally laugh out loud– quite amusing. But I am never, in the least, affected– I have not once gotten angry. Nope, ain’t gonna happen. But it does get old— and there is a time to ignore and let it die off. – I am outta here for real, now.

58. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Why would the Vikings draft a defensive back high this year?

Why would the Vikings draft an offensive lineman this year?

Why would the Vikings use money or trades to get offensive linemen
    and defensive backs this year?

You see…it’s never going to change with the current administrators !

59. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

@MIKE WOBSCHALL,

Why would the Vikings draft a defensive back high this year?

Why would the Vikings draft an offensive lineman high this year?

Why would the Vikings use BIG money or trades to get offensive linemen
    and defensive backs this year?

You see…it’s never going to change with the current administrators ! ! !

(8 offensive linemen selected in the last 9 years)

60. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

@Mike Wobschall,

You see…it isn’t that we haven’t found some excellent players in the draft in the past, or currently.

It’s the emphasis that needs to change.

We need to select players at positions we need along with picking the best athlete.

I think there is a WAR going on in our Vikings draft room. Something has got to change SOON or we will be the next Lions franchise.

61. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

So long Titanium Tightass. You’re my favorite blogger too you know. When this Troll feels alone ’cause I have no friends, I log on and read your whitty and funny posts. You will be missed……..Right. I got under your skin and you know it. The Mighty Titanium Tightass can be broke!! Clintball was right. You are the reason why this Classless Troll keeps comin’ back. Everyne thank Tightass!! :-)

62. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Despite the “Titanium thing”, you’re pretty weak. You should rename yourself Tinfoil Tightass!! :-o

63. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

When are these Packer fans going to learn? We dont care what they have to say. What? Are we going to read their posts and say hmm you know what that was a valid point let me become a Packer fan? The Packers suck. Ive seen the Vikings win when they arent good and lose when they are. So why couldnt we come out and punch them in the face? We beat them with Tavaris Jackson, Gus Frerotte, Daunte Culpepper, and Brad Johnson while they had Bret Favre or Aaron Rodgers. We’ve done it before we will do it again. Packers suck, Vikings are great.

64. By HawaiianBoy_VikingFan on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@Clint

You’re acknowledging them too.

@Cali and every other troll

Hopefully someday our team will be better and be respectable, but who knows if that will ever actually happen. And yes, smack-talk is all part of the game, so enjoy the taunts while you can because “sheet” happens, I mean just look at your face! Or we could be from a state that specializes in making fermented milk. Now that is an example of classic smack talk haha Alrighty, so long cheese heads

65. By Dionte on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

To put focus back on what the story is about (everson griffen) I think hes been playing really well given all that he does on special teams and when hes in on defense. He had all the physical tools to be a force in this league . We have been using him alot on the d-line in place of ayodele which is a plus considering ayodele hasnt done anything

66. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Fooled by Clint? He is one of them too– probably all the same troll, and no, why would I care what you say? Seriously. Don’t give yourself so much credit– you give yourself too much power– nope, we just laugh at your posts– then we feel sorry for you, wondering what you do for a life.

67. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Do you know why the packer trolls won’t go away? Somebody stole the wheels off their house and the can’t move it!

68. By go bikes on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

It shows maturity that ever son griffin is willing to show this kind of effort on special teams.

69. By deer tracks on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

I am still uptight on the fact that Frazer hasn’t
    seen fit to play Jor Webb…I say Joe is just as good as Ponder..Get Webb some Wildcat plays..if nothing esle.

How many of you know that if Ponder gets hurt or has to come out for any reason, the number 2 QB is McNumbnuts, NOT Joe Webb!! Go firgure….

70. By Tinfoil Tightass on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

If Packer trolls blog here on a part time basis while viking $hitbags are on this garbage site all day then who really has a life? You deuschers must spend all day on the computer.

71. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

When are people going to realize that the Wild Cat does not work. When has it worked??? Miami did it well for a season, thats pretty much it. I remember a few games ago we brought Joe in for some of those plays and all it did was stall the drive. We need rhythm and consistency. Get over the wild cat people its not going to work.

72. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

That is an interesting point about Webb– do we want McNabb at number 2?
    At any rate, Ponder will pick the Pack apart. Welcome to reality, Packer fans– you are about to be defeated.

73. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Well, we do know Ponder will have a field day tomorrow night– should throw for three TD’s.

74. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Will Adrian run for two, or three hundred yards?

75. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Will Allen have more than four sacks?

76. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Spread the WRs the TEs and pass Adrian Peterson the ball!!! It forces the defense to go man against him and not one person can take on AP, he is too much of a beast. As the games have gone along our playbook has shown more. Hopefully it continues.

77. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Dang there have been like 10 or 12 missed field goals in the NFL today. Im watching on Red Zone.

78. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Im hoping Suh lays Cutler on his back all day. Just as Jared Allen will do to Rodgers

79. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

The dog killer’s “Dream Team” fall to 3-6. Perfect.

80. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

A lot of surprises this afternoon– wait about 30 hours–

81. By Titanium Titus on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

You mean the “Wet dream team” right Nova.

82. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Well, I see they’re back. Low lifes to the rescue. Everyone here knows I don’t speak like that– try again Pac fan.

83. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

All I know is it looks good on Vick.

84. By Frederick Jones on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@Mike Wobschall,

It’s the emphasis that needs to change.

85. By Frederick Jones on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@MIKE WOBSCHALL,

Why would the Vikings draft a defensive back high this year?

Why would the Vikings draft an offensive lineman high this year?

Why would the Vikings use BIG money or trades to get offensive linemen
    and defensive backs this year?

You see…it’s never going to change with the current administrators ! ! !

(8 offensive linemen selected in the last 9 years)

:) :) :) :) :)

86. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Couldn’t be happier for the Eagles. Maybe they’d trade the draft pick back to us for McNabb. 3D…..3D…… wake up……wake up man !

87. By Frederick Jones on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Maybe the Vikings can win by zipping little p a s s e s to the WRs, TEs, and RBs. Maybe we can continue to run reverses and little runs up the middle with Percy Harvin. Maybe Ponder can run now and then. AD might be able to rip off a long run around end, or off tackle.

Unfortunately the other team knows to look for those things because it’s all we can do!

IT’S TIME FOR A GENERAL MANAGER IN MINNESOTA, and if I am the only one
    promoting it…look for the the drafing of more DEs, TEs, RBs, and QBs.

As a fan you can decide. HEAR ME NOW, AND BELIEVE ME LATER…AGAIN!!!

88. By Frederick Jones on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

AND AGAIN!!!

89. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@Frederick Jones – I’ve always thought they should pick “the best athlete” at a position of need, not just “the best athlete” period. I’m sure Toby Gerhart is a good kid and a fine fellow, but picking him didn’t address a single need of this club. Same with Rudolph – seems like a good player, and sure, he’ll be a good replacement for Shank in a year or two, but how long have we had a GLARING need for DB’s and OL’s ? Maybe some of the young, later round guys will pan out, but right now – failing to address those 2 areas with high draft picks is costing us.

90. By Justin F on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Every single living soul is predicting a Packers victory. NO ONE is saying the Vikings have even a 1% of winning. Sad really.

91. By Frederick Jones on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@3DONTHERADIO,

Exactly my sentiments.

I’ve come to the conclusion that it has to be the Front Office. Jim Souhan of the Mpls Tribune alluded to the fact that we have too many VPs.

No one is really in charge, and can’t you see one of the Wilfs saying, “pick that guy, because you can’t decide who to pick anyway.”

They aren’t idiots, but many factions going in different directions can cause problems.

Yes we picked A.D., and paid for Jared Allen, etc. But to ignore your weak areas for TWO years in a row???

Something is wrong with the Vikings Administration!!!

92. By Frederick Jones on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@Justin F,

You are right. Pessimism abounds in Vikingland.

Our best hope may be that the Packer WRs may be thinking in very
    ROSEY terms. Too Rosey. Maybe they will tip a ball to a Viking DB.

The Packer RBs may be thinking big run, and fumble.

Rodgers may forget to look up from his novel, and zip a ball to a Viking DB.

You never can tell.

93. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Gerhart was part of the Childress era, we had to draft Ponder, Shiancoe is getting older and I think he is FA after this season. Give Frazier some time to get his own players. I know you guys will come back and say that he has been here for awhile as a defensive coordinator but I dont he had much leverage vs Childress who was an offensive coach. Just give it two more seasons. It takes time to change a team and put your own stamp on it. he wasnt going to find starting OL and DBs in the draft and free agency in one summer with the lock out. Yeah McNabb was a huge mistake but Belichick picked up Ochocinco and Hayesworth so even the great coaches make mistakes

94. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

We havent had a legit starting quarterback since Culpepper, We lost Pat Williams, Ray Edwards and Kevin Williams to a suspension for a couple of games. We had our DBs from last year and although they are not the best we had our vets coming back injury and they knew our system. Now with that being said do you think Frazier was going to ignore our line? Did he know that Mckinnie would be super over weight? Like i said just give it time then if things dont change then run your mouth and post the same things over and over and over but you cant expect a brand new elite secondary and O Line in one off season, get real

95. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

I dont know what is more annoying, listening to these packer fans or hearing the same mumbo jumbo about our DBs O Line and front office. Nothing is going to change in the middle of the season. Go Vikings beat the Packers!!!

96. By Titanium Titus on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

The Viking’s will win. Mark my word.

97. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

You’ve got that right Titus. We should fly to the Canary Islands next weekend to go for a bike ride.

98. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

OK…..Have your fun impersonating me. You are PATHETIC.

99. By Titanium Titus on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

That sounds fun. In two weeks I’m traveling to Abu Dhabi to go indoor skiing. Aaron Rodgers is going to get sacked 8 times by Jared Allen.

100. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

I’ll be watching the Pats-Jets game. My “namesake” will probably be watching his brother’s a$$. Talk to you later

101. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Those foolish Cheeseheads keep coming on this site to impersonate me. They need to get a life. I have a life, later this month I’m visiting the Aztec ruins. All people do in Wisconsin is eat cheese and watch the Packers.

102. By Titanium Titus on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings are going to blow out the Packers on Momday night.

103. By Parody on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Yeah those cheeseheads need to get a brain. I don’t understand how they think they can win this game. Vikes by 21.

104. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Funny you should mention the Aztec ruins, troll, I’ve actually visited them several times. I lived in Belize and Guatemala for almost a year. But, unfortunately, I will not be going back this month…….How’s your life?

105. By sandiamond on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

BEARS beast on the North! they smoked us and the Lions. GreenBay going down soon! We are actually chasing Det now…. win- win tomrorrow, barring Indy’s flubs of games vikings stll in the Luck hunt also

106. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

If your computer kicks out, there goes your whole life, doesn’t it? Good night folks, Mr imposter can take over.

107. By sandiamond on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Minnesota Vikings will not_ ignore the DB back field and OL next year…. I promise

via draft and FA

108. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Oh yeah, and by the way troll, I go to the Canary islands on a regular basis. I am better than you as you can see.

109. By Titanium Titus on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Why is it those cheeseheads have no lives? Don’t they have anything better to do than blog on a Viking site all day? Vikings will crush the Packers.

110. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

I’m going to burn a cheese hat tomorrow night just to show those cheeseheads who’s boss.

111. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Those cheeseheads need to grow up and act mature. I’m going to read before I go to bed.

112. By Titanium Titus on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Thank you Vegas, I don’t know why those henchmen keep defouling our site. They are so immature. If they can’t come here and act like adults then they should just stay away. Ponder is going to pass for 500 yards.

113. By Titanium Titus on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Those pack fans are immature. AP will run for 600 yards tomorrow.

114. By Titanium Titus on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings will beat the Packers.

115. By sandiamond on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Keep at it titus i know u will be right by the time we play @ Washington….. lol!!!!!!!!!

116. By CanadianVF on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@ Frederick Jones, well if nothing else you sure are persistent and focused. To Sir Greasy Panda, good posts, I agree with just about everything you said. Now instead of concentrating on what we do not have or didn’t adress because our management supposedly doesn’t know what they are doing. Let us concentrate on the ride, the season, getting on a roll and pulling off the big upset tomorrow night in Cheese Land. We can do it, there is only one game this year that we did not compete and were never in and that was the Bears game. After seeing Philly and the Ravens go down in flames today, it just proves again that on any given week, anything can happen. Go Vikes!

117. By sandiamond on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

49er’s luv the Vikings. 8-1,, packers demise starts SOON

118. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@Titanium Tightass

You must really love yourself. Or YOU’RE the one with no life. How many times can you possibly post that much garbage in a day? I mean. Every other post has your name on it. It’s easy to have everyone like you when only a few can actually get a word in. Who’s the one who needs to get a life? :-o

119. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Concerning the Wildcat, the Vikes did it with success in 1998 with #22 David Palmer. But it wasn’t named the Wildcat yet, I believe Brian Billick just called it the “direct snap” and used it only when we were POUNDING our opponent. It was predictable but BB didn’t care cause the 98 Vikes could do no wrong. They went 15-1 that year, think the only loss was to Tampa?

120. By AdrianPonder on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Cali Packers fan , you are nothing but a coward and a moron , and titanium titus are you the titus that post comments on the non blog articles ? btw thank you
    frederick jones and NovaScotia thank you for your intelligent posts . Cali Packers fan go back to your own garbage Packers sight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

121. By AdrianPonder on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

hi Vegas Vike . you are my favorite blogger

122. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@ Cali Packers Fan – FYI – Your Mom is calling, telling you to get off her computer now cuz it’s past your bedtime. You better go now cuz you should always mind your Mom – all young boys should.

123. By AdrianPonder on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

we are so going to win tomorrow night !!!!!! Peterson will have a monster night … and as for Ponder : 3 tds 1 pick and 400 yards . this Packers defense stinks !

124. By AdrianPonder on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

where did Vegas Vike go ?

125. By AdrianPonder on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@ Cali Packers fan 3DONTHERADIO is right go to bed!!!

126. By sandiamond on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

#22 Palmer! those were the days. We need a guy like that now VV

127. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

The “I’m gonna read and go to bed” post was not mine and thanks APonder! Been a Viking fan for life, never wavered no matter the outcome of the season. Remember the 1998 Monday night game against Green Bay in the pouring rain? Cunningham schooled the packers. We trounced them at home that year too, most points scored in a season by any team!

128. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

And Robert Smith? He was the MAN!

129. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

I remember a friend of mine saying in 1998 ” the Vikings are like a rattlesnake, you know they’re gonna strike, you just don’t know when”

130. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@ Vegas Vike – Wasn’t that Moss’ rookie year – when he had that huge Monday night game against the Packers?

131. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Yes it was 3D, it was Carter, Moss, Reed, Smith, Cunningham, Randle and more. Another great game that year was the Thanksgiving Day Massacre against Dallas. If you remember, Dallas told Moss they would pick him if available in the draft and then passed on him. That was his payback day. I have the whole season on VHS, I watch the Green Bay game occasionally because I love the beat down.

132. By Titanium Titus on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

I think I need help. I just realized that blogging has taken over my life. I’ve been so busy that I forgot to feed my gerbils, they’ve all starved to death. What am I going to have run up my a$$ next weekend. I am officially done blogging, the Packers deserve to win more. The reason that Packer fans aren’t blowing up their blog sites is because they do have lives. I appologize to all Packer fans for my endless rants about something that will never happen. Sincerely, Titus.

133. By CanadianVF on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Moss and Carter what a pair of recievers! I wonder if we will ever have a comparable pair of recieving corps like that again?

134. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

None of the last 7 posts were mine– and not many were the real Vegas nor Nova– the impersonator is getting somewhat clever– he is fooling some of you. He must be growing a brain stem– he is evolving. Cowards hide like that– then again, this guy has nothing worthwhile to say to reflect his own identity. Must be the pride and joy of his parents.

135. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Good job Vegas ! Kind of like how I sometimes like to watch the 1991 World Series video – especially during this past season. I remember, now that you mentioned it, that Thanksgiving Day blow out as well – what fun that was ! I remember how the family was gathered for turkey day and all the whooping and hollering that was going on ! Course, I always love it when “America’s Team ” gets beat, going back to the Drew Pearson pushing off of Nate Wright for that championship game victory. “We was robbed !” Ever since then, I could just about puke when I hear the term ” America’s team .” Wish the broadcasters would give it up ! Anyway – thanks for the memories ! :-}

136. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Make that 8 posts– gerbils? Now we know this is a 12 year old with acne. Get to bed young man– you need to get up for school— you need as much help as possible.

137. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings lost that game in 98 to Tampa by only 3 points but they hammered everyone else. It’s exciting to have a great year like that, kinda like 2009 when Favre brought them to the conference game. It makes a fan walk taller to have a good year like that, just gotta be careful not to get too big a head. After all, a fan is just a fan, we don’t win the game or carry the team. We still have our normal jobs to go to, even fans of superbowl champs don’t get a ring. I think I’m gonna go watch one of my VHS tapes of the vikes KILLING the packers. Goodnight all

138. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Take care Vegas !

139. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Ok one more! Yes the 91 world series was awesome, don’t get much into baseball but that was a great year! I remember the interview of Moss and Carter that was filmed at Lord Fletchers, now I have to eat there everytime I go home. Remember Randy’s Rocket?

140. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@Vegas – Nope, I don’t remember. Course, I’ve got kind of a small brain & coupled with the fact that my teen years were in the ’60’s & ’70’s,,,,,, well,,,,
    you know,,,,,,,a couple brain cells might have got a little damaged……………
    a couple million that is ! :-]

141. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

You got me by a couple of years it sounds, I graduated in 77. Randys Rocket was an ESPN commercial with Moss and Carter where Moss was sitting in a small metal peddle car painted purple and it had horns on it. Circa 1998… I bet it’s on google! I fried a few cells too lol

142. By Frederick Jones on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@CanadianVF,

Thank you for reminding us that upsets can happen. We all need to hear that stuff.

I am on a mission to CORRECT the Vikings Administration. This is beyond what most sensible bloggers want to do because it is not an easy task to define. We know so little about HOW the FOOLISHNESS happens within the Vikings organization.

WHY HAVE THEY DRAFTED SO FOOLISHLY THE LAST NINE YEARS???
    (8 Offensive Linemen selected in the last 9 years, TWO in the last FIVE years)
    (and the numbers are not much better for defensive backs)

143. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Ahh!! I googled it! It was ESPN the magazine and there is a you tube of it! I guess I remember it because we made a pine wood derby “Randy’s Rocket” when my younger son was in cub scouts. Still have it. WHO’S THE SOAP BOX DERBY KING??

144. By Frederick Jones on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Regardless, HEADS WILL ROLL AT THE END OF THIS SEASON.

I’m hoping they select the RIGHT ones!! :) :) :) :) :)

145. By Frederick Jones on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

We need a GENERAL MANAGER to clean up the Vikings administration.

146. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

I remember that 98 season– my sister and her hubby had season tickets– I think I went to three or four games. We were invincible.

147. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

THE SCORING MACHINE Moss-Carter-Smith-Cunningham-Reed

148. By Parody on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Don’t leave Leroy Hoard out of that list! He might not have been a scoring machine, but he was dependable as a FB.
    “If you need 3 yards, I’ll get you 4; if you need 8 yards, I’ll get you 4!”

149. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

LEROY!!

150. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

So my wife is a Packer fan, unfortunately, and we are pregnant at 11 months. We had our baby shower last night and my friends and family came through with tons of Vikings gear! He has everything Vikings, he has more stuff than I do and he’s not even born yet. Just thought Id share with you guys, another Vikings fan in the making!!! Go Vikings!!!

151. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Congrats Sir Panda

152. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

When I was working room service, I went to Leroy Hoard’s room– he is not that big– about 5′ 11” but he was a force.

153. By Parody on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Yep. Leroy was my favorite player back then. Of course it helped that I was a FB in High School.

154. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@Parody – Thanks for the reminder on that quote by Leroy ! I remember it now and remember how hard I laughed when he first said it ! He did say it right? Anyway – a real good one !!!!!!!!! Thanks !

155. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@Sir Panda – Ditto on the congrats as well !

156. By Parody on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Yep. Those were Leroy’s words, and it was a motto that I took on myself. I was never all that fast or shifty, but I had some powerful legs, and I could push a pile.

157. By VegasVike on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

That’s awesome Panda, I bought a buddy of mine a Raiders sleeper kit for his baby’s shower and he said it was the best gift ever. But I need to ask…? You said 11 months? Congrats

158. By Parody on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Wait wait wait – Your wife is 11-months pregnant and your baby isn’t born yet? Sounds like the little tyke is running a little late – you should check to see if he’s stuck in rush hour traffic…

159. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Guys– I was worried too, but then I figured Sir Panda meant they have been married 11 months. I hope I am right.

160. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Madden use to always quote LeRoy– nicest guy — I served a lot of stars from Grateful Dead to Johnny Cash in my hotel days, but LeRoy was very down to earth– then again he was not a rock or movie star.

161. By 3DONTHERADIO on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Hey all – I didn’t get it at first either. Hope that ” 11 months ” is a typo or just a guy being a guy!

162. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

The Titanium Tightass. Proudly “serving” people in cheap hotels or their cars. :-o

163. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Talk to ya’ll right before te game. Get some sleep. Tomarrow’s gonna be a LONG day!! And to all you long haul Truckin’ Vikings fans out there, be sure to ask for Titanium Tightass when you pull into you local Cheap Motel. Now serving #399!!!!! :-)

164. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Where’s the pesticide?

165. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Oh God. Sir Greasy hand is havin’ a kid?? Who did you pay to sleep with you?? Who would take the money??? So what is it? Skank or Troll??? :-0

166. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Jeez you’re still here? Told you. No life!!

167. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

@Sir Greasy Hand

Get a DNA test done. It could be mine. She is a Packer fan after all. :-o

168. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Vikings by 10.

169. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Packers by 13!!!

170. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

And I’ll be here after the game to rub it in your face!!

171. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

If the Packers do win, then I hope they go 16-0. They won’t last against a Tom Brady or one of the top AFC defenses– no way. That would be funny. But for now, the Vikings should handle the Pack — 8-1 in 22 hours!

172. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Get a life!

173. By Parody on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Ohhh…I see, so since she’s a Packer fan, that means that you’ve slept with her. Well congrats! I’m sure that no other man has slept with as many women as you. But you should probably get yourself checked for an STD. Chances are that with all that sex, you have all of them a few times over. That probably explains what’s happened to your brain.

174. By TheRealDon on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

It’s going to be a close game..But i see the vikings winning this one ONLY IF…The secondary steps up

175. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Whoa whoa guys sorry, I meant 8 months. I dont know why I put 11. But thanks for the congratulations, Im really excited. I guess I was thinking that she’s due in december and we are in november so I put 11 cuz shes due next month 12.

176. By Matthias on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Griffen is a beast… He is 270 lbs heavy and still can run the 40 yards in 4.55 to 4.7… The only thing he has to improve is his technique => too fast.

177. By Mike B. on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Goo Vikings Big Win at Green Bay.
    grab your horns

178. By sandiamond on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Vegas game line going down……. oh my bookies know something? also vikings favored by 5 1/2 vs raiders next week at the dome!

179. By Frederick Jones on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

WHY HAVE THE VIKINGS DRAFTED SO FOOLISHLY THE LAST NINE YEARS???

(8 Offensive Linemen selected in the last 9 years, TWO in the last FIVE years)
    (and the numbers are not much better for defensive backs)

THE VIKINGS NEED A GENERAL MANAGER NOT 7291 VICE PRESIDENTS!!!

180. By Frederick Jones on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

YOU MUST KNOW THAT DEPARTMENT:

You must know that if you have an opportunity to play a lot of defense, you will also make a lot of tackles. Hence Robison, JAllen, and Griffen have a shot at the Pro Bowl.

I would rather have our offense make more 1st downs, keep the defense off the field, and win games.

You must know that…as long as you ignore a problem, the more likely it is to get worse. So why do you think that the Vikings will just automatically start spending their money and draft picks on OLs and DBs?

???

181. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Well folks, it’s game day!!! This should be a good one. For us!!!!! Pack by 13!!!!

182. By Tim on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

I like Everson Griffen i think if Williams or Ayodele dont start playing better they should see how well Griffen does at Deffensive Tackle just a idea.

183. By De@tH-2-packerfans on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Vikings and Packers have been a pretty even rivalry from the beginning. If you packers fans think the vikings ‘suck’ how come the current record between our two teams is only 4 1/2 games apart?? GB is ahead 52-48-1 for regular season games, and soon to be ahead 52-49-1 (Vikings have the only postseason win between these two teams as well). To all you Packers fans feeling the need to come onto the Vikings website and talk trash… We’ll see how much you talk after you lose tonight.

184. By AdrianPonder on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Vegas Vike , I will allways remember that game and that season , @ Cali Packers fan go back to the dump where you came from , you are a thug that should be kicked off this site ! and once again excellent posts Fred Jones

185. By AdrianPonder on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Sand diamond , I like the sound of that . sounds like a Vikings win

186. By AdrianPonder on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

Vegas I hope to see the other 7 put on the same kind of show that Cunningham did . T – Titus are you the
    Titus that posts on the non blog articles ?