Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 11, 2011 – 8:29 am

It’s Friday and the Vikings preparations for Monday night’s game against the Green Bay Packers continue. And vikings.com’s coverage of the Vikings and their NFC North matchup continues as well. All 3 coordinators will have press conferences later this morning and you can watch those live right here on vikings.com.

But before we get going today with numerous blog entries about the game, please take a moment to call or personally thank the military veterans in your life on Veterans Day.

It’s because of the bravery and courage of our Veterans that we as American citizens are able to enjoy things such as freedom, security and even football.

So thanks, veterans, we appreciate the job you’ve done to serve and protect all of us.

18 Responses to “Thank A Veteran On Veterans Day”

1. By Mike B. on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Thanks Wobby from an Iraqi Vet. I would like to espcially thank the Vietnam Vets who didn’t come back to the welcome home we had. Thank You. Let’s not forget the Vets of the Korean and Cold War Thank You. Of coures a big thanks to the Greatest Generation. WWII Vets. Have a great Veteran’s Day.

2. By GM on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Veterans, thank you for all you have done and continue to do.

3. By DRS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Thank you from all us veterans, war & Peace time.

4. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Thanks to all of you from both sides of the border.

5. By Mike B. on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Oh my no one is picking the Vikings to win in GB on monday night. I am feeling good about this. Let’s go Vikings. I am grabbing my horns.

6. By Stoney on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

A big THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU to all who serve this country!

7. By REZ507 on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

although i think the war is a bunch of bs i still support our troops and their familys who have lost loved ones in such a horrible way. again thank you for ur sacrafice! and to men and women of our forces see you when you get home. gooooooooo vikes

8. By REZ507 on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

wouldnt that be awesome to see jared allen ride his vet bike he had built on occ onto the field of greenbay soaring the american flag

9. By Packerbacker on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Your welcome. It’s nice to get recognition from everyone. Thank you all for your support. We couldn’t do our tours of duty with out our country behind us. Bless you all.

10. By 61vikings on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Here’s to my grandfather Allan George Maghan, lost at sea on the USS Bonefish-223 in WWII and to my father, David Allan Maghan, CWO-3, who served during the Korean and Vietnam wars!! Thanks for all that you did and your fellow servicemen for sacrificing your lives to protect our country and our freedom!! We are able to enjoy the things we do because of you!! My Dad was a huge Viking fan and he was the reason I became a Viking fan!! Both were from Minnesota!!

11. By Shawn on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Mike B … Thank you.

12. By Shawn on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

DRS … I think you said you served ? so Thank you.

13. By Shawn on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Whoever else said they served … I cant remember all of you. Thank you. Even you hippster.

14. By deer tracks on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Yes, I am a Retired Army Sgt..I was walking out of the Supermarket this afternoon dressed in my former Combat Green Uniform and A little gray haired lady walked up to me, she noted I was wearing my Combat Infranty Badge, and said “If it wasn’t for you soldiers from the past, there wouldn’t have been a future”.. I thanked her and then pointed to a young couple walking by with their two beatiful young children, and said to her, ” You. and those young people made all the sadness and grief I had to put up with, worth it”….I meant what I said…A number of my famliy, and friends didn’t make it back…

15. By mnsoldier on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Thank you to all my fellow Vets and those currently serving, especially my daughter who is a new 2Lt in the Army,Hooah.

16. By VegasVike on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Amen

17. By Roninmn.. on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Thank you, to my only son, 1.5 tours in Iraq, my brother a Korean vet. Both are gone, but will never be forgotten. Also, thanks to all who have and still serve our great country. God Bless You All.

18. By deer tracks on Nov 13, 2011 | Reply

Forgot to mention (1) Tour in Korea, with the 1st Calvery (3) Tours in Vietnam..All worthless waste of young American lives…Add Irag to the list…