Pagac Says Winfield Is “One Of The Best Players I’ve Been Around”

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 11, 2011 – 1:10 pm

One of the most significant subplots to Monday night’s Vikings-Packers game is the return of CB Antoine Winfield to the Vikings secondary. Winfield has missed the Vikings last 4 games – including the Week 7 showdown with Green Bay at Mall of America Field – with a neck injury, but has returned to practice this week and is on track to be in the starting lineup at Lambeau Field.

Winfield’s contribution to the Vikings defense goes beyond the traditional role of a CB. He slides inside on passing downs to play the opposing offense’s slot receiver, which requires as much mental aptitude as physical skill, and he’s also a premier run defender at CB. On top of that, Winfield simply has a nose for the ball. He is 2nd in franchise history with 5 return TDs and he ranks 6th among CBs in team history with 25 takeaways (in just 98 games).

Head Coach Leslie Frazier has spoken a couple of times this week about the impact Winfield makes on the Vikings defense. On Friday, Defensive Coordinator Fred Pagac had his weekly meeting with reporters. Pagac, who doesn’t waste his breath with hyperbole, was quick to acknowledge the importance of Winfield’s return. He also gave Winfield quite the compliment.

“It’s big for us,” said Pagac, a 34-year coaching veteran. “He’s one of our best football players. He’s back to being healthy. It gives us some depth in the back end and we’re excited about being back.

“He’s one of the better football players that I’ve been around in my coaching career. He has instincts, he has savvy, he has toughness, he has quickness, he has power. He might be little, but he’ll sting you.”

For the Vikings to come out on the right side of Monday night’s game, the Vikings will need everything Winfield can has.

Tags: , ,

110 Responses to “Pagac Says Winfield Is “One Of The Best Players I’ve Been Around””

1. By Kurt Warner on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

If Rodgers doesn’t hold the ball too long Jared Allen will be a non-factor. If Allen is held in check Winfield will be a non-factor. The real factor will be Adrian Peterson, if he can tear it up on the ground Ponder will have good numbers. If AP is held in check it’ll be a long day for CP. It all comes down to the best play calls from the coaching staff.

2. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Where is VegasVike?

3. By Matt on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Everyone has to have their best game of the season, the play-calling has to be consistently excellent and Rodgers has to make a couple mistakes at the right times. The odds of all those things happening are very slim, but still possible – so I’ll be watching on Monday night! SKOL

4. By Spence on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Chris Cook> Antoine Winfield. The most catches Cook has given up in one game was 3, yes…3. And that was to Calvin Johnson. Hes locked up Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Larry Fitzgerald, Megatron, and Dwayne Bowe. Im sorry, but im takin Cook.

5. By New Vike on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

If you’re taking Cook you better make sure your wife isnt around…Unless she needs a good choke…

6. By Touchdown on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Antoine Winfield> Cris Cook. Winfield pretty much shuts down the man he’s on for the day. He also is the BEST tackling corner in the league. PLus, he’s not a dirtbag. I admit Cook is a good player. But until he curves his attitude, and plays a whole season, I will never compare him to Winfield who will be playing in his 100th game.

7. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

It really comes down to the turnover battle. Last game we had 2 they had 1. That one turnover made the difference. We won in Carolina because we were mistake free and they had a few turnovers. They are going to score we just cant give them extra opportunities to do so and if we can take away one or two possessions from them then we can win this game.

8. By VegasVike on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

At work Titus, how’s everything?

9. By VegasVike on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Last night was an epic battle eh?

10. By Spence on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Winfield and Cook are bother Cornerbacks. Whats the primary job of a Cornerback? Lock up the #1 WR. Cook has done that all this season. Even if Winfield was healthy he would of given up Numerous catches to the other teams #1 WR’. Woopty-Doo, he can tackle. Last time I checked that isnt the most important thing for a Corner.

11. By VegasVike on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

A shoot out for sure, CP is ready!!

12. By Kurt Warner on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

The refs will have a new penalty for Monday night it’ll sound something like this, “Choking, number 31 of the defense, 15 yard penalty, first down” as the ref gives the two hands to the throat motion.

13. By Spence on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

“A shoot out”….Lets get real VegasVike. We wont even put up more than 30 points.

14. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

IS PERCY GOOD TO GO? I dont remember hearing if he is better now? I know he was sitting out drives.

15. By Parody on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

@Kurt Warner – So Davon House is going to get flagged for choking? He’s the only #31 who has a chance of being active on Monday night…

16. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Vegas– I found a trail near Henderson called River Mountain Loop Trail- looks great– do you know about it?

17. By Purple Koolaid on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Who says we can’t score 30 points in this game!!! We came very close in our last two games with Ponder quarterbacking. If we get touchdowns on our final drive in the past two games we score over 30 both times. My point is that this offense can conceivably score enough points to keep up with the Pack.

18. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Believe people– come on. Vikes have a great shot at beating them as long as we don’t allow them to score 21 points the first quarter– that is what they did to the Saints and the Chargers– after huge early leads, good teams come back on them but run out of time to beat them— key is to come out and knock them hard. Remember the Rams– at 0-6 they shut the Saints down – the mighty Saints who scored 62 points the prior week. Ponder has some experience now– including a game with the Pack– he will be improved. AD is always a force– and there are enough players that have pride that will come out and play hard. UPSET BABY!!!

19. By lisa on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Ya, I am pretty sure Cook isn’t playing so @Kurt Warner should go back to his Packer boards. He doesn’t make sence. But speaking of ref’s, lets just hope they can call a touchdown correctly this year.

20. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

lisa, I think that is a non-issue due to rule changes.

21. By Spence on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Sorry Titanium Titus- I stopped believing in this team after than loss to KC. I no longer have high expections for this team because week in and week out they find new ways to look pathetic. And this game is going to be played on Primetime. Chalk up another loss guys. This team NEVER gets up for Primetime games…Every! Whens the last time we won a Sunday/Monday Night game??????? ANSWER THAT!

22. By Rogerthevikefan on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Get young secondary player to learn from Winfield. If there is no LT worth taking pick Morris Claibourne LSU in the 1st and Coryell Judie Texas A&M in the 4th. 2nd round best RG Kevin Zietler WISCONSON or WR Dwight Jones N.Carolina and 3rd round Andrew Datko FSU.

23. By Kurt Warner on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Sense lisa, sense. You failed the Titus spelling bee. OMG, better stone that b!tch for making Viking fans look bad, she can’t spell the word sense properly.

24. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Titus, dude you sound like a broken record. We get it, you want the Vikes to win just as bad as that quarterback coach from Penn state wants grade school boys in the reverse cowgirl. Say it once, your rants are becoming redundant bro.

25. By CanadianVF on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

I am looking forward to see if Ponder has learned from his mistakes in the last game with Woodson. He is a smart guy and we will see if he makes an adjustment in that area. It is all part of the progression and maturation process of learning his craft as a professional.

26. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Warner– really? I could care less about spelling.

27. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Sense- a.k.a Warner– get over it– skip my posts if they irritate you, just like I skip over yours’.

28. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Canadian– I expect the same — Ponder is learning every week, but even more so this time around, considering he is playing the same team again– I hope there is counseling available for the fans– set up booths around Lambeau– the fans will be traumatized after we beat them.

29. By Spence on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

WE ARENT GOING TO WIN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Open your eyes!

30. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Vegas– do you know the trail I mentioned?

31. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Titus is a pathological liar. He and his back rub buddy Nova like being critical about spelling and grammar. Now he denies it. Oh well, he has to wake up with his jealous self.

32. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Do you know how stupid you sound Titus? If I was your Dad I take you out back and beat the tar out of you. Before you make a statement try having facts to back it up. Put up or shut up. Ponder has played 2, count them 2 NFL games. One vs Green Bay, which there was no previous regular season tape on him, and the other vs Carolina’s bottom dwelling team. You are right though, he’s learning every week, all two of them. Typical Viking fan all bark and no bite. Piece of trash Titus.

33. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Where are all the adults? Nova, Vegas, Parody, Fred, …

34. By VegasVike on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Sorry Titus, I’m working and two hours behind you on time. I’ll ask my son about the trail when I get home, he’s the bike freak. Mostly downhill bit he should know.

35. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

This was one of those games on the schedule that I normally wouldn’t waste any thought on as far as if GB was going to win or not. I anticipated that all Vikings fans would be eating humble pie by now and I would pity them after we took them down for a second time leaving them 2-7 on the year. They are like robots programmed to have zero humility, therefore I wan’t guts on the field. I want something just shy of Chrenoble. Viking fans are like a mouse that has had it’s spine broken by a mouse trap, rendering it parylized, but yet thinks it can survive in the wild. Clueless varmint brains.

36. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

You mean, ” two time zones behind you” illiterate a$$.

37. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Thanks Vegas– I have searched a lot in recent weeks for places to go and bike– but it is hard to get a sense off the Internet what I am going to find. All the photos and links do not give me an accurate sense of what a place is actually like–

38. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

You mean Chernobyl, Mr literate?

39. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Bit he should know. Really? Titus where were you at on that. According to you adults point out other peoples spelling errors.

40. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Have to work a rare Saturday survey, Titus.Talk to you later.

41. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Okay Nova– just chillin’ online.

42. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

There he is! Canada’s Tokyo rose! Go proof read all your trashbag viking losers’ spelling errors. Iv’e already found two from your boyfriend in Vegas. That’s manliness, pointing out spelling errors!

43. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

As Monday approaches, I begin to feel a renewed surge of profound confidence, almost other-worldly. I believe the Vikings will win, but now I think it may be by 10 points or more. Yes, the Vikes will hand it to the cheesies. Adrian for 250 yards.

44. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Apparently people ( if you can call them that) from C@n’tada don’t get sarcasm, and can’t understand the concept of “proving one’s point”. That being said, football is about drinking beer with the guys and being vocal about a sport that you love watching. Clearly in C@n’tada watching football is for half men who sip mocha lattes and correct people’s grammar and spelling errors.

45. By TheRealDon on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

I see this being the game the packers get a lose..Any takers ?

46. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Packer fans know deep down this will be their first loss- thus the childish lashing out at the Vikings fans– intelligent, real men and women.

47. By Spence on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Why do Vikings fans think we’re gonna win? We are Clearly the inferior team. Pack in a blowout.

48. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Do you believe your own $hit or are you just trying to pull in Packer fans? In all reality, dude, if you are trying to impress Nova, Vegas, and Greasy Panda with your redundant/ gag me with a spoon uber expectations of a $hit team then you are are either sadly mistaken or these guys are a Home Depot’s worth of tools.

49. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha! Yeah Spence. He!l yeah!

50. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Nova c@n’tnadian, correct him…please! He said “get a lose” and it’s really supposed to be loss. Get him with your expert grammar and spelling skills. Sick em’ boy!

51. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Vikings have nothing to lose. Green Bay has nothing to prove. Yes, the Vikes have a lot of team members from the NFC championship game two years ago– this is not a bottom-feeder team as their record might indicate. Our first four games were lost by 5 points or less on average– yes, with the best running back in the league and the sack leader and a very capable quarterback– along with a long history of playing the Pack– the Vikes have a strong chance at an upset. Law of probability as well– each win the Pack try to acc.umulate is testing fate. Yes, the Vikes have a great shot to win this one–

52. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Way to articulate a thought Titus. Unclear and unmanly. Grow a pair, or has riding “bike” too long shrunk your little berries. A manly boast woyld be ” I’m going down to L.A. fitness to work on my chest and triceps. Not “I’m going to the Canary ferry Islands to ride a bike” how unmanly. That has ffffffaaaaagggg written all over it.

53. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Got it. Next.

54. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

I clearly see what mental capacity I am dealing with here– not worth a response. Maybe therapy, though. Do you want to talk to a counselor?

55. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

You have already overused the therapy comeback. Running out of $hit to say deu$chebag who gets off on a bicycle seat.

56. By Sense on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

BTW deu$chebag Titus, I don’t know what backwards a$$ place you come from, but I know people in Minnesota with mental disabilities that would have stopped trying to prove thier point of how the Viqueens are going to win on Monday. They are re-tarded and get it. What’s your excuse Titus?

57. By VegasVike on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Sense you keep this up and I’m gonna tell mom. The adult packer fans must be ashamed of you. Titus, I’ll talk to you about Henderson after Monday and the trolls go away. Nobody, not even a packer fan is as immature as these maggots that have appeared here recently, Arron Rodgers would put you in a time out.

58. By Mike B. on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

I have a feeling the Vikings will play big in this Monday night game will give the Packers all the want. I think it will come down to the last score. I am hoping the Vikings make that last score.

59. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

I agree Vegas– children should be in bed. I don’t know why they are on the Internet, trolling the vikings site. Sense– keep wasting your breath. Your opinion matters zero to me, so you will not rile me. Keep trying. Enjoy yourself while you’re at it.

60. By VegasVike on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

My son is not home but when I see him I’ll ask him about Henderson, he’s 20 years old and is out doing what 20 year olds do. He has a real life and is mature.

61. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Boy you sure are popular Titanium Tightass. It must be awesome comin’ home and jumpin’ on the computer and chattin with your only friends. What must be REALLY awesome is havin’ them hang on your every word. Titanium Tightass is a god. Bow to him. :-o

62. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Tell you what Titanium Tightwad. I’ll be here right after the Packers beat the Vikings.I really wanna see what the mighty Tightwad has to say. Praise him!!!!!!

63. By Cali Packers Fan on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

And VegasVike. If he’s ike most 20yr olds then he’s got a STD, some chick knocked up and is an Alcholic. Like father like son!!

64. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha ha– amusing and clever posts. What intelligence– oh wait, real men are not intelligent, I forgot. Nor do they exhibit self-control. Now, I am suppose to act manly and pull out some whoop- a s s– yeeeee haaaaaaaaaawwww!
    Good night all. Titus has some reading to do before snoozing– big day tomorrow.

Keep up the good work Packer kids, but please get to bed by midnight– and remember we don’t care about your comments, so keep them coming.

65. By VegasVike on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

No sorry Cali, my son has a girlfriend who owns three houses, a condo in San Diego, drives a Audi that’s worth more than your 401k and is having the time of his life. And he has a life, unlike your sorry as$. GO AWAY PACK GO!!

66. By Spence on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

Hey Vegas….can me and your son become friends?

67. By VegasVike on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

That’s “can your son and I” A$$WIPE, don’t forget you’re on the proper spelling Vikings blog. And I don’t have a son, I’m only 13 like you

68. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA– Vegas, thanks for the smile before bed–

69. By Spence on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Im a Vikings fan Vegas…

70. By VegasVike on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Titus, I’ve never experienced such immaturity as these recent slugs.

71. By Titanium Titus on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

I’m reading “Of mice and men” before I go to bed. I compare my self to Lenny. He doesn’t give up on his dream of tending the rabbits. I won’t give up on my dream of willing the Vikes to win on monday night. Hopefully Vegas Vike aka George doesn’t cap me in the back of the head for being a repeating piece of $hit.

72. By Parody on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Vegas, you’re only 13? Really? You’re showing more intelligence and maturity than these Packer fans who claim they’ve been watching since the early 60s! I guess that’s what happens when you live in a state that consumes beer like most others consume water.

73. By Titanium Titus on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

You are out of touch Criss Angel fan.

74. By Spence on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Titus and Vegas are both butt-buddies I swear.

75. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Just checking the blog one last time– I see impostors are on the loose again. Now I am concerned– where are the parents of these children? It is far too late for such youngsters to be roaming in the basement,, occasionally trying to type a coherent thought on their parents’ desktop.

76. By Titanium Titus on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

You live up to your name “parody” because in real life nobody will take you seriously. The bloggers you oppose do not live in Wisconsin. Nor have they watched the great team of Green Bay in the 60’s or even the 70’s. Try the 96′ and 2010 Packer Superbowl wins. In the last two decades we have seen two more championship teams than you feeble Viqueen fans have seen.

77. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Am outta here again– let the real Titus depart. Monday night at this time, Vikings fans will be enjoying what no team has accomplished this year,

78. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha ha– one last comment by the “real” Titus– I cannot help it– too funny, the impostor posting to Parody– looks like the Cheesie forgot to switch names– HA HA HA HA HA– now I am gone– any more Titus posts are by Titus’ wannabes.

79. By Parody on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Ha! There’s an argument for you! One of the Packer fans trying to argue that he shouldn’t be more intelligent than a 13-year-old because the first championship he saw his team win was 1996. Well let’s look that over, shall we? 1996 was 15-years ago, and it’s a safe bet that you were at least 8 at the time if you remember the game. This makes you 10-years older than Vegas. Obviously not enough time for a Packer fan to catch up to the standards that we set for our Junior High students…

80. By Titanium Titus on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Just one last post because I have no real friends. The vikings are going to win! Seriously, they will win. Did I mention that the Vikings will win. The Vikings will win. Win. Will win. Vikings. Skol. Win. I personally guarantee that the Vikings will win. WILL WIN. I hope somebody other than Packer fans will acknowledge this.

81. By Sense on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Shut up loser.

82. By Sense on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Are you on acid? Or is that how your tiny brain calculates numbers.

83. By Parody on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

I’m sorry sense. I should have known better. Word problems would be a bit outside your range of comprehension. I’ll break it down for you:

2011-1996=15 (The number of years since Brett Favre’s Super Bowl)
    15+8=23 (The supposed youngest age one could be who remembers that Super Bowl)
    23-13=10 (The difference in age between the two bloggers).

In the future, try to solve the problem for yourself. It is an exercise for the mind which will help you to rebuild brain cells. There appears to be a lot of room for growth.

84. By Parody on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Oh man, I think I just had a stroke. I feel all dizzy and perplexed. The last thing I remember was trying my hardest to stick it to another persistent Packer fan and I blanked out. I was trying to insult this impostor with a typical Viking harebrained insult of how he is like a 13 year old and my head hurt from all the thinking that’s involved with coming up with good insults. The best I could do was my ” you are immature” bit because that’s my last resort comeback technique. I’m so proud of my self.

85. By Barooooo on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Barooooo, this sound denotes that a simple organism is pleased with the way it slimed it’s way onto the internet and let it’s presence be known to other slimes in it’s vicinity.

86. By Barooooo on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Also a sound used to let a garbage team know that they finally scored a field goal in garbage time.

87. By Parody on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Well, it’s been fun kids. Imitation is the best form of flattery, so I’ll leave the impersonators in green alone for the rest of the night so they can continue to praise their idols in purple.

88. By WaVikingFan on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

I do honestly feel the vikes have a strong chance of upsetting the Packers. Even Rodgers admitted on air that the he was nervous for a bit, and that the vikes are not a team to be underestimated. That they definitely gave him a big challenge…..
    Ponder picks up things very quickly, and I think he won’t make the same mistakes he made last time. But I do feel that the vikings need to play a very strong, aggressive, no turn over game to win this.

On a Side Note: If I set-up a forum where we can talk about posts and such, with a few of us who I know are loyal Viking fans as admins. Would anyone be interested of posting there to make it easier to avoid the children who come on here to troll. (As it seems Vikings website is one of the easiest to post on, making it easy for people to try to harass us)

89. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

@ Nova, Titus, Vegas and other Viking fans.

It was fun to mess around with these losers for a couple days but now its just annoying. Just dont write back to the mindless things they post. Not everyone is a band-wagoner and it seems to make them mad. When people run out of intelligent arguments they resort to personal insults. It shows.

Lets talk about football shall we?

90. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Can we use AP in the throwing game more often please? Chester Taylor was so valuable on 3rd down because he could catch the ball. AP has improved in every area of the game each season. I remember seeing him catch the ball 20 or 30 yards deep during training camp. Wobs had posted a video of I think Webb going deep to AP for like 60 or 70 yards. On the 3rd and longs we should spread our WRs wide to get AP into open space. Remember the play in Pittsburgh when AP ran over the Steelers CB? That was a short throw on 3rd down and we spread our guys out. AP caught the ball made a play and picked up 30. He needs to be utilized more in that aspect. Same thing with the TD against Carolina. Throw him the ball!!!

91. By Woodboat on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

What’s the weather supposed to be like for the game? Hopefully its nasty… giving the offensive advantage to the team that actually has a runningback. The games in Lambeau, so the crowd noise will probably be a factor… and the Packers are the league darlings so the refs will most likely side with them, as is usual. I remember the Vikes used to get a lot of questionable calls go their way back when we were on top…

With any luck, Allen can give the Packers the opportunity to see how well their backup QB can fill Rodgers shoes when he knocks him out of the game early in the first half…

I hope Winfield can clean out Jennings on some crossing pattern. Would be cool to see him stretched out on the turf (no lastly injury, just hurt him a little :) )

92. By GM on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

WHERE ARE THE STADIUM UPDATES?

93. By GM on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

94. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

@ Sir Greasy Panda………How right you are ! It’s one thing to go at it with somebody who has at least a half-wit, but these guys have to get into the O.R. to have that small piece of brain that’s lodged in their skull removed. How do you argue with a grade-school mentality? They remind me of those little yappy marshmallow-like lap dogs that just keep yipping and yapping at every tree or blade of grass until you feed them to a real dog.

95. By AlbinoSnowman on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

For real. I never understood why All Day has always been left out of the passing attack. For one, his first ever touchdown was a dump off pass that he took for like 70 yards. (He bobbled and maintained control btw).

The only true knock analysts have on him anymore, which I think he’s gotten better at, is that he can’t block very well. Well, why take the most explosive player out of the game on third down? While he’s in there why expose his “weakness” of blocking instead of having him on a wheel or flat route?

Also I was disappointed that Playbook didn’t even MENTION ANYTHING about the Vikings. Just the typical blow Aaron Rogers b.s.

Also, it’s official. I’ve saved $600 bucks for my first trip to the Metrodome next year. Hopefully they have the two game flex pack again so I can get opening game tickets, Bears tickets, and/or Packers tickets. I don’t really wan’t to drive in the Minnesota snow from Illinois, but if it were for a Packers game, I’d risk it :)

96. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Notice that they aren’t here now? The Saturday morning cartoons take priority.

97. By AlbinoSnowman on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

I hope their Lucky Charms aren’t soggy yet. I don’t want them to post in a bad mood :(

98. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Ha Ha, Albino….I’d say that these guys aren’t happy unless they aren’t happy.

99. By AlbinoSnowman on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

On the real though, I DVR my cartoons :D

100. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Just win Monday, Vikes, and I will consider it a successful year.

101. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Heat wave in Minneapolis– I think I am heading to the beach.

102. By Saddy on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

NFL playbook unanimous decision GB packers Win, Guess what pundits!!!

I think Vikings are going to slightly edge this one and win and I am going to be laughing at your a..

Go Vikings!! Win this one and show that we are not a laughing stock.

103. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

This reminds me of a game against Dallas in the 2009 playoffs– Vikings were about to be crushed. 34-3 was the final. These talking heads don’t know anything but the statistics in front of them. No true analysis. Vikings have a legitimate shot at taking these cheesies–

104. By Ponder It on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Greetings programs

105. By Ponder It on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Ok, this is how it’s going to go down: 2 sacks on Rogers – 1 by Jared Allen. Secondary acctually gets a bonified pick – probably by Winfield. We kill more of the clock this time with 3 back sets or some trip bunch sets. Jenkins will have a day – 75 yds 1 TD. It will not be easy by any means. Ugly, keep punching tell they fall mentality, black and blue, smash mouth football. It will come down to a 1 TD win for the Vikes and silence in Lambeau.

106. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

You are correct about the Vikings O Line. We have to actually modify the offense BECAUSE the Line cannot hold their blocks long enough for a long pass.

Ponder may be as good as some say, but we will never know what he can do when it has to be, ONE, TWO, THREE, release or run on almost every play.

Why do you think the Vikings actually went to a FULL HOUSE BACKFIELD?

107. By Frederick Jones on Nov 12, 2011 | Reply

Why would the Vikings draft a defensive back high this year?

Why would the Vikings draft an offensive lineman this year?

Why would the Vikings use money or trades to get offensive linemen
    and defensive backs this year?

You see…it’s never going to change with the current administrators

108. By DCC on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

I’m excited to have Winfield back! But since I’m all the way here in Holland, the game doesn’t start till 2 or 3 AM. Its going to be a long night…

109. By Pablo jacques CASTRO on Nov 14, 2011 | Reply

HOY VENCEREMOS A GREENBAY POR QUE TNEEMOS UN EQUIPO DE GRAN CORAZON Y ADEMAS POR QUE NOSOTROS LOS AFICIONADOS ESTAREMOS AHÍ APOYANDOLOS ,Y ESTAREMOS APOYANDOLOS EL RESTO DE NUESTRA VIDAS, POR QUE ESTOY MUY SEGURO QUE EL GOBIERNO DE MINNESOTA ACEPTE EL PROYECTO DEL NUEVO ESTADIO, LETS GO VIKINGS , I PROUD TO BE A VIKINGSFAN !!!! LETGO PONDER LETS GO DEFENSE , LETS GO AP , LETS GO VIKINGS !!!!!!!!!

110. By aids test on Jan 6, 2012 | Reply

I think this is one of the so much vital info for me. And i’m glad studying your article. But should commentary on some basic things, The website style is great, the articles is in point of fact excellent : D. Good task, cheers