Setting The Table For Vikings vs. Packers On Monday Night Football

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 10, 2011 – 7:21 am

Vikings vs. Packers is ordinarily well-worthy of the prime time spotlight. But add in an undefeated defending Super Bowl champion, a QB in Aaron Rodgers playing at an extremely high level, the rise of Christian Ponder as the starting QB in Minnesota, the NFL’s best RB in Adrian Peterson and then the setting of Lambeau Field, and you have a matchup that is perfect for the grand stage of Monday Night Football.

The Vikings and Packers will meet for the 102nd time in their series history this Monday night in a contest that will mark the Vikings 55th MNF game, and the 8th meeting between the clubs on MNF. The Vikings are 26-28 all-time on MNF, including a 4-3 record against the Packers and an 11-19 record overall on the road.

Another interesting twist to Monday night’s Vikings-Packers tilt is that it marks the second contest between the two teams in just 3 weeks, and both the Vikings (at Carolina) and Packers (at San Diego) have played just one other game since their last meeting on October 23; the Vikings had their bye week last weekend and Green Bay was on bye during Week 8.

There’s not a whole lot different about the Packers from the last time we poked and prodded at them in the days leading up to a showdown with the Vikings. Rodgers is still the NFL’s highest-rated passer (129.1) and he’s still completing an absurd percentage of his passes (up to 72.5% now). Green Bay’s offense is 4th in yards per game (416.4), 3rd in passing yards per game (312.0) and 1st in scoring at 34.4 points per game. The offensive line has battled injuries and continues to protect Rodgers adequately, and the running game is good enough to force opposing defenses to respect it. Remember, the Packers salted away their victory over the Vikings 3 weeks ago by rushing for 55 yards on 6 carries during the game’s final drive.

What we discussed 3 weeks ago regarding Green Bay’s defense remains true today: if there is vulnerability on this Packers team, it’s defensively. Currently they rank 30th in total defense (399.6 yard allowed per game) and 31st in passing defense (299.6 yards allowed per game). Last week in San Diego, the Packers allowed Chargers QB Philip Rivers to go 26 of 46 for 385 yards and 4 TDs, and three weeks ago they allowed Ponder, in his first career NFL start, to pass for 219 yards and 2 TDs.

The reason Green Bay is able to overcome a few holes on defense is two-fold. First, their elite and explosive offensive production, led by Rodgers and the passing game, puts pressure on the opponent’s offense to match their scoring. And secondly, this leads to a great turnover margin for Green Bay, which just feeds the offense even more. Green Bay is +11 in turnover margin this season and their defense is tied for 2nd in the NFL and tied for 1st in the NFC with 19 takeaways. Remember, future Hall of Fame CB Charles Woodson intercepted two Ponder passes in these teams’ last meeting. Another playmaker to watch is outside LB Clay Matthews. Teams are doing a nice job of covering him up this year, but he’s coming off a 13.5-sack season last year and if the Vikings aren’t careful, he can ruin the game.

Monday night does not present an impossible task for the Vikings, as daunting as the matchup might seem. In fact, it presents a great opportunity for the Vikings, as both Ponder and Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier go to Lambeau Field for their first time in their respective roles. If Frazier and Ponder can get the Vikings to be competitive against the Packers while they’re the undefeated defending champions at Lambeau Field on MNF, then that bodes well for the future of this franchise.

Over the next several weeks with the stadium issue on the front burner in Minnesota, we’ll have a piece of stadium information posted after each vikings.com Blog entry.

Stadium FAQ – What is the latest on the new stadium?
In May 2011, the Vikings and Ramsey County agreed on a partnership to build a new stadium at the former Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant (TCAAP) property in Arden Hills. With a budget deficit facing the State during the regular session, the Vikings were told to wait until a budget resolution was achieved, something that didn’t happen until a three-week government shutdown and a June special session.  As a result, the stadium issue was not addressed; however, on Monday, October 17, Governor Dayton expressed his intent to call a special session on November 21 with the sole focus being a “People’s Stadium.” The Vikings continue to work with State leaders on a final stadium proposal, and the team is hopeful the issue will be resolved this November.

Tags: ,

86 Responses to “Setting The Table For Vikings vs. Packers On Monday Night Football”

1. By DRS on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

All the pundits are saying “NO WAY IN H-E-L-L THE VIKINGS CAN WIN THIS GAME”; I think they are full of it. It will all depend on if the D-Fence can show up and do their job. Ponder and Peterson will do theirs. Go Vikings, Vikings 38 Packers 31, have a great day one and all.

2. By Roninmn.. on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

We have great players on our team. I believe in the Minnesota Vikings win or lose. Go Vikes Go. If the Vikings leave Mn. the politicians responsible might as well go with them.

3. By Pharewynd on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

I agree with you DRS. IF the O-line can protect Ponder, and the Secondary can show some semblance of getting to the ball and protecting against the pass, and Allen getting pressure on Rodgers, we stand as good of a chance as any team at beating them. I do think it will be a great game and the pundits forget that we are the only team besides Saints to get within 6pts. of this team (Ponders first interaction with this team). I would love nothing better than to “rub salt into the wound” if that happens Monday night. GO VIKES !!!!!!!!!

4. By Troutdaddy on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

You ROCK DRS! I feel the same way. I Think the Vikes are going to shock the NFL world Monday night. You know, today is my Birthday. All I freaking want for my B-Day is for the Vikes to Beat Green Bay. No presents, no money, no stupid cake…. JUST A WIN ON MONDAY NIGHT! GO VIKES!

5. By Toad_the_wet_sprocket on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

GB 70
    MIN 3 (Field goal in garbage time)

6. By deer tracks on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Toad, why don’t you hop back into that sewer you came from..

Let us see if Frazier will have some trick wildcat plays for Joe Webb! Put Joe in the backfield next to Peterson..Ponder takes the ball from center, laterals it back to Webb, who in turn, flings it down field to either Harvin, Jenkins, or one of the other open receivers…Of couse if Frazier is ever going to use Webb, why not Monday Night? What the Hill is he waiting for, next year maybe??

7. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Toad The Wet Sprocket………Wikipedia just says that you broke up in 1998, citing “creative differences”………..It doesn’t say WHO you broke up with, but I’m guessing it was Justin Bieber.

8. By KJ on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

I think someone stepped on poor Toad’s head… Just another slimy packer fan anyway so no loss there.

Cheers to DRS! The key (to me anyway) is if we have anyone show up at DB on Monday. If they could give us a decent game we’ve got a great shot at this. Now that McDubb and Benard “I’m always open” Boofus are gone we’ve improved 100 times!

Skol Vikings!

9. By Troutdaddy on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

LOL…. You know, it is so funny to see these Packer fans and their comments. You see the same same comments nearly word for word, but they change their posting names when they return to post here. What a buch of pansies…Party on Monday night Nova!

10. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Troutdaddy……you got that right !

11. By Frederick Jones on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

“…..Anything is possible, ….ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE….
    AANNYYTTHHIINNGG IS POOOOOOOSSSSSSIBLE!”

Garnett after Celtics win championship in 2008.

12. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

That answers everyone’s question…….Toad is a male high school cheerleader…..Good for you Toad, tomorrow we’ll work on two-syllable words !

13. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

@ Moderator, thank you for removing that inane garbage.

14. By REZ507 on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

I BELIEVE HAVIN WINFIELD ON THE FIELD GREATLY IMPROVES OUR SECONDARY SCEAM CANT WAIT TO SEE HIM LAY A HIT ON AN OPPOSING WR,RB,QB :) MY PREDICTION VIKINGS PULL OUT A CLOSE VICTORY 34-31 LONGWELL RUNS OFF FIELD WITH WINING KICK…………AP GOS OVER 150 AND PONDER THROWS 3 TDS LETS HOPE IM RIGHT.

15. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Vikings by 10.

16. By Eric Hartmann on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Sorry guys, die hard Vikings fan here and I will be cheering for a win but all these posts are a little too optimistic.

We played the best game we could against them last time and still came up short, at home too. AP goes for 175 yards, Ponder 5-7 on third downs and throws 250 yards and 2 TDs, Allen gets both his sacks on Packer third downs inside our territory to force field goals which don’t happen often for them. We played about is well as we can and the Packers didn’t have a stellar game on D or on 3rd downs and still beat us.

Now we are at their place, suppose to be decent weather, they just had a real bad Defensive game so that is being harped on all week to clean up the communication and Rodgers offensive is consistently awesome.

I’m hoping we can just get as close as last time to be respectable on national TV.

17. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

After our victory Monday night, it is only courteous for all of us to visit the Packer’s site and give them a warm greeting.

18. By BigPurple on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

I have to agree with most of Hartmann’s comments, as much as I don’t like them. The good news is that Ponder does look good and the future doesn’t look as depressing as it once did.

But Vikes have to play their best football game of the year and the Packas have to faulter a little just for this to be close.

Go Vikes!!!!

19. By RodgersForPresident on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

“…..and you have a matchup that is perfect for the grand stage of Monday Night Football.”

Really? Come on. I know this is a Vikings blog but nobody else in the nation is looking forward to this game outside of Packer/Viking fans. Or maybe those that just want to see the reigning and future Super Bowl Champs.

Its like the midwest wanting to watch Steelers vs Browns on national TV. Or, for this year, the 49ers vs anybody else in their division. Yuck!! They should have saved the Packers monday night game for a good team and played this on Sunday in normal time slot, they had to know the Vikes were going to be average this year.

20. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Vikes will beat the Packers– no doubt in my mind.

21. By RodgersForPresident on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

You really think now is the time to throw your penny in the wishing well?

22. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Probably not but our team sucks and we need to be optimistic. We are sick of the Packers always being good.

23. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha ha — everyone here knows the real Titus never speaks that way– get a life– Hey call the Truant Officer– you should be in school!

24. By Vikes4eva on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

RodgersForPresident….really? I am sure you had Favre for President when he was under center in GB. Just wait and see when Jared Allen sacks your PRESIDENT and AD runs all over your 30th ranked defense. SKOL Vikings! And btw, why are all these stupid Packers fan commenting on our blog. I don’t remember the last time I checked Packer’s website (forget about commenting on their cr*p!

25. By Toad_the_wet_sprocket on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

You say it best, they do suck. Maybe someday us Packer fans will get sick of winning, or sick of beating the Vikings. It’s just too fun giving you guys cr@p, it can’t be helped. You promising a win is like promising someone that they won’t get devoured if they enter the polar bear exhibit at the zoo.

26. By RodgersForPresident on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Favre is a hall of famer and gave us 16 awesome years, why wouldn’t I have provided the same support as I do now for Rodgers. Dah….. Please work on your comebacks.

And that is great, give Allen some sacks and AP some yards, they are very good players. But it takes a team and the Vikes can’t get it done this year, no how.

And I like to always check what the opposing team is writing about the Packers. You can’t just read your own teams Rah Rah articles, its good to broaden your perspective their, my boy. I listen to KFAN quite a bit too, usually more Danny B though.

And as Hartmann stated, you played as well as could ever be expected 3 weeks ago and still lost at home. Its not zero but the chance is slim to none.

27. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Toad– I am sure Saints fans said the same thing to the 0-6 Rams’ fans.

28. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Toad– and remember there are laws in this country– children are supposed to be in school during the day– better get back to the classroom– you need it.

29. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Ha ha ha – everyone knows I speak out of my ass and don’t really know much about football. I just like the color purple.

30. By RodgersForPresident on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

I just saw a correction for this blog article come in…..

“Setting The Table For A Packers Buffet On Monday Night Football”

31. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

If you have to hide behind other blogger’s usernames, you have no class– typical Packer fan– not all are classless, but every one that I see here is lacking– in everything. Be a man and speak with your own identity fully displayed– otherwise, there are only two words to define you– cowardly and immature.

32. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

The real Titus is outta here — any more posts are impostors–

33. By Toad_the_wet_sprocket on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

The real Titus just cowered back to his Mom’s basement with his tail tucked between his legs.

34. By RodgersForPresident on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

I thought this would be more fun, but I neglected to remember that their team is terrable, they can’t get a stadium and their college program is in shambles, so they don’t have much ammo. My mistake, I will leave bad enough alone.

35. By TITANIUM TITUS on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

The real Titus is back baby, I don’t cower. Why can’t I think that the color purple is a cute? Why can’t I try to be optimistic in a horrible situation and think my team might win? That is my obligation as a fan, get off our backs. Yeah, Wisconsin sports are superior but you won’t hear me admitting that….. oh wait.

36. By Toad_the_wet_sprocket on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

The Pack pi$$ pounded the Rams by 21 points. They only needed 2 quarters to do it, after halftime they started running the clock out. That being said I agree with Titus’ comparison, 1-7 Rams = 2-6 Vikings. Although the Pack might need 3 quarters just because AP is a stud.

37. By Parody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Ohh…you’re the real Titus? That must be why you think that “the color purple is a cute”, because everyone knows that cute is a common noun.

Go back to your hole Packer fans. Enjoy your team’s success. I don’t know why you find so much joy in trying to hurt other people. You are giving a horrible reputation not only to yourselves, but to Packer fans as a whole.

38. By RodgersGo on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

@Parody – don’t be a wienie, this is why the real rivalry is with the Bears. They don’t talk like this. Its called trash talk, learn it, its part of sports. No other fan base talks as much about being “classless” and “reputation” that MN. Get off this so called “high horse” and quit taking yourselves so serious.

Its sports, just sports. It trash talk, just trash talk. Its apart of competition. If we are hurting anyone here, then that is just sad. Packer fans, or most any fans, have this competitive spirit regardless if the team is doing well or not. Get a clue MN.

39. By Packas on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Really Parody, you are correcting grammar on a blog post now. That is your comeback? Talk about giving your fan base a bad reputation…..

40. By 61vikings on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

What part of Wussconsin sports is superior? The Bucks stink, have for years!! The Brewers have stunk for years and have never won anything!! The NHL, oh wait, there is none!!

41. By Packas on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Hockey isn’t a sport.

The Bucks have greats like Lew Alcindor and Oscar Robertson and do have a championship. Oh wait, that was before you got an NBA team back in town that has had only one good player, ever.

The Brewers haven’t been great but we got an awesome ball park. We can’t be good at everything, the Brewers are much like the Vikings. Not good, not terrible.

Badger Football, awesome. Badger Basketball, awesome. Packers, awesome.

42. By AntoineWinfield on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Somebody help me out here, how are we going to keep the Packers under 45 points with the help that I have in the backfield? Our secondary is terrible outside of me, we are getting cut up on Monday. Lets hope we can get within 7 again to stay respectable on national TV.

We have to hope for 200 yards from AP, flawless game from Ponder on the road, Allen needs to double his sack total to 25, what the heck…. help!!!!

43. By Parody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Don’t try to justify it RodgersGo. Defending it by saying that it is commonplace is ignorant. Why don’t you ask yourself what it adds to your enjoyment of the game? I find it hard to believe that the answer will be anything to be proud of.

If you like talking trash with Bears fans so much, why don’t you waste your time on their site instead of ours? To be honest, I’d rather discuss football intelligently over competing with the fans of other teams to see who can smear more hypothetical shît on the other’s team.

44. By govikes on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Im starting to think aaron rodgers for president is actually aaron rodgers. He spelled terrible wrong. I’m 13. If I should be in school, so should you.

45. By Parody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Packass – Get a clue. That “Correction” was proof that you (or whoever the imposter is) was, in fact an imposter. Those of us who know Titus know that he teaches English for a living. If I were to spend my time trying to correct every mistake made by bloggers, I would go insane.

46. By NotParody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

@Parody – it is common place, get outside MN some time. I live here in MN and have many Viking friends, you are all afraid to talk to anyone that isn’t a Viking fan. This MN “nice” thing I guess. Every other fan base in the country is much like the Packer fans, at least the ones with half way decent teams.

47. By NotParody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

@Parody – And we don’t play the Bears this week, you play you. We have a few more weeks until them. And that is funny, “discuss football intelligently”. I haven’t seen a single intelligent post on this blog. Its all Rah, rah this and Rah, rah that. Grrrrr, we going to win.

48. By NotParody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!! GO PACKERS!!!

49. By Parody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Nobody said it isn’t commonplace. I only said that using that argument as a defense for it is ignorant. Do I need to give you an “if everyone walked off a cliff” lecture?

50. By Toad_the_wet_sprocket on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Viking fans say with whiny undertones “Stop picking on us, we have feelings too you know. Just because our only combacks entail ( you kids should be in school) and (oh golly gee, this guy typed a word wrong, that must mean everyone from that state is illiterate) doesn’t make us feeble. If only other fan bases would realize that we are thin skinned, live on a diet of cool aide and ramon noodles, and are very sensative to light they would understand us better. It does however make us superior as our xbox skills are like no other. So we will out game and out spell you all, because that is all we have.”

51. By Parody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

@NotParody/Packas/RodgersForPresident/TitusImposter/RodgersGo/Toad – Why do you continue to change your name? What are you trying to accomplish? Do you ever set objectives, or are you just that lost?

52. By Parody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

@Toad – Even if that were true, in what world is it less admirable to be intelligent than to be willing and eager to insult anyone who is different from yourself?

53. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Parody, go easy, he’s trying to be Sybil….,I mean civil.

54. By NotParody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Seriously Parody, if you want to be a Professor, this isn’t the forum. Setting objectives, wtf is that? This is a blog post in a blog. Do you want me to write out a project plan before posting? Maybe I could run it by my boss for approval?

Again, you are taking yourself way, way too serious. All this, “I’m too intelligent for good ol’ trash talking” and “why do you have to be mean” and “you are not classy so I have to look down on you.”

55. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Too bad Paterno had to go out like this.

56. By NotParody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Could it be that its a slow work day and we are having some fun with the all too serious viking fans? I’m from WI, live in MN for 8 years, listen to KFAN everyday, I like the Twins and TWolves, my IQ is around 155, I love sports, played college basketball and over in Europe for 2 years, is that enough information for you??

This isn’t about intelligence, its about sports and trash talking and having fun with the competition. DO NOT TAKE YOURSELF SO SERIOUSLY!!!!!!! Either learn how to trash talk at some level or just don’t post if you don’t like it.

57. By Toad_the_wet_sprocket on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Nova, aka Bubble boy, don’t choke on your thermometer. It’s cold up there ay. Is it the my team sucks ball$ flu.

58. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

No Toad, it’s probably because I just got back from a week of deep-sea fishing in Bermuda, and the temperature change brought it on. See, I have a life.

59. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

But please don’t let me interrupt yours.

60. By Toad_the_wet_sprocket on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Good thing Titus doesn’t teach Phisical Education. There wouldn’t be any athletes in his school.

61. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Anyway Parody (if you’re still there), what do you think about the Penn State situation?

62. By Parody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

IF you had that much intelligence, you’d be able to explain what you gain from insulting others. You are showing me that all you care about is displaying your hatred/immaturity or whatever it is that you want to call it, to people who are not entertained by it.

Regardless of what you want to believe, this is not a place for trash talk. You are not welcome here and I feel comfortable in speaking for all the frequent visitors of this site when I tell you that we would be much happier if you left.

63. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Toad, it’s “physical” education. Good thing you don’t teach English.

64. By Parody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Nova – I haven’t heard a whole lot about it. The news I heard today is that students were protesting the decision made by the college, and police were brought in to deal with the situation.

Is it as bad as I’ve heard? Did the coach actually sexually assault students? If that’s the case, I find it hard to believe that there’d be enough people willing to protest whatever corrective action is taken in regards to it.

65. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Your knowledge of geography isn’t too “special” either, Toad. Our winter climate is usually much milder than the U.S northern midwest.

66. By Parody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Careful with your assumptions Nova. Maybe he does teach English. That would help to explain why there appears to be an increasing lack of English skills in the country.

67. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Parody, the defensive coordinator has been charged with 40 counts. Paterno knew about a specific incident, but just reported it to his immediate superior, not to the cops. These students would be singing a different tune if it had been their little brother.

68. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

The next thing you hear will be that Paterno offed himself.

69. By Parody on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

So they were protesting the action taken against the person who only reported the crime to his superior and not the cops? That makes a bit more sense, but I agree that he should be held accountable for not informing the police. It looks like the problem is that state law exonorates him because he reported it to his superior. I hate to say it, but the law needs to be corrected before anyone can be held accountable. I still think he was wrong, but I think it would be worse to punish someone who acted in accordance to the powers that govern him.

70. By meat on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Its gonna be epic, we can definitely hang in there, we only lost by 6 last game i dont care if this is in Lambeau because we do well historically at Lambeau. AP loves the grass and Ponder has already proven that the Packer D doesnt phase him, even after he threw those two picks he was still throwing Woodsons side, and did you notice that first touchdown was right in Clays face!!! lol not phased not at all 3rd down percentage and doing better in the turnover margin will get us the lead, solid D and the run will seal it Vikings All Day I love it all you Pack trolls will eat it

71. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Parody, you are correct, two school officials have been indicted. Paterno made a huge mistake, but I can’t feel sorry for him. He should have done what you or I would have done, punch buddy in the head and call the cops.

72. By Toad_the_wet_sprocket on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Nova got back from deap throating a dude in bermuda and it never gets cold in novablowsia. Got it.

73. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

VERY intelligent, for an amphibian.

74. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Toad, I get my kicks in Bermuda with bikinis and deep-sea fishing, you get yours by being a moron on another team’s blog…..go figure ?????

75. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Enjoy your life, “Toad”.

76. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

* “life”.

77. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Toad, did you catch that “subtlety”?……I didn’t think so………look it up.

78. By puckertrucker on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

HEY CHEESE HEADS:

This Monday Night Game! just might be the one that gets Mr. Rodgers knocked on his cheese head BUTT. I do believe that the VIKES and Mr.PONDER GET TO RUB IT IN YOUR PROVERBIAL FACE IN THE UNFROZEN TUNDRA THIS COMING MONDAY NIGHT. AND by the way you stole the name FROZEN TUNDRA FROM THE VIKINGS OLD METROPOLITAN STADIUM IN BLOOMINGTON MN. YOU KNOW THE PLACE WHERE BUD GRANT WOULD NOT ALLOW HIS VIKES TO WEAR GLOVES, OR SIT ON HEATED BENCHES UNLIKE THE SOFT BELLIED PACKERS AND OTHER NFL TEAMS OF THE 60′S. So Packers beware the 14th of November it just might be your undoing. Skol VIKE FANS FROM ALL OVER!!!!!!!

79. By Roninmn.. on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Mike Wobshall, can you screen out the mindless, moronic shady 80 packer fans from our blog? By cross checking previous email addresses. I find them very childish and annoying. thanks

80. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Roninmn……Don’t I wish !.

81. By Frederick Jones on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Obviously the Packer fans are afraid the Vikings might beat the Packers.

82. By puckertrucker on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

NovaScotiaVike:
    Like so many Viking Fans I had to relocate to Portland, Oregon for my job but I rarely miss a Viking Game because of The NFL Sunday Ticket at my favorite sports bar and Viking fan hangout. Buffalo wild wings, they got great beers and all the football one could want. Besides the Vikings, I get to root for the Oregon Ducks every Saturday. anyway just thought I’d tell you that I enjoy your blogs. Skol.

83. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

Pucckertucker,…Thanks for the kind words, I enjoy your posts, too.

84. By puckertrucker on Nov 10, 2011 | Reply

ScotiaVike:

Thanks a whole heap, Ive noticed that Toad_the_Wet_Sprocket believes that his comments are note worthy but I have discovered that all they are is NOISE worthy.I believe his IQ is somewhere in the low to mid 90’s and that his remarks amuse himself to the nth degree but as with any less learned person you have to suffer the little children and their remarks. Take Care and thanks much.

85. By 61vikings on Nov 11, 2011 | Reply

@ Packas
    Hockey is not a sport? Tell that to a guy that plays hockey!! You don’t see the refs throwing a flag on the defense for roughing the goalie!! As Jack Lambert use to say, “Put a dress on these QB’s”!! They throw a flag on the defense even if they look at the QB wrong in the NFL!! Bt the way, the Los Angles Lakers were once the Minneapolis Lakers and they won 5 championships while in Minnesota!! The Twins have won 2 championships!! We don’t talk college sports here because they are still boys, who are trying to become men!!

86. By payday loans online same day on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Magnificent website. Plenty of useful info here. I’m sending it to some friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thank you to your effort!