An Incredible Vikings Fan Story

Posted by Mike Wobschall on November 3, 2011 – 6:07 pm

Interacting with fans and hearing their stories is a part of my job that I truly enjoy. Fans come to vikings.com looking to read stories about their favorite team and favorite players, but sometimes the best stories come from the fans.

A great example of this comes from Meghan McCormick. She’s a Technical Director at ESPN, and she comes from a family of big Vikings fans. Meghan passed along the story of her family and her father to Bob Hagan, our Director of Public Relations here at the Vikings. The story needs no introduction, so I’m going to simply copy and paste the email Meghan sent to us in order to share the story with you…

When I was growing up, my father never read me a single nursery rhyme or children’s book. I was read the Viking Update instead. I knew the starting lineup by age 6, and I was surprised to learn in Kindergarten that the color I had long known as “Minnesota Viking” was actually called Purple. I even thought that the song we sang in school about the flying “Purple People Eater” was about the 1960s-70’s Vikings and not some one-eyed fictional monster. My dad raised me on the NFL and the Vikings, and it’s why I work at ESPN today. In all my experience in the sports industry, I have never met a fan like my father. A Connecticut resident, he has been a Vikings season ticket holder for 10 years. My parents’ office is riddled with memorabilia and is known as the “Viking Room”. In my 25 years of life, I can honestly say that I have never seen my father without a Vikings hat on his head (even when at the beach… and weddings—all to my mother’s embarrassment).

The reason I am telling you all of this is because five days ago (July 30) my dad was hit in a head-on collision. A woman was texting while driving and when she looked up she saw a car in her way and jerked into oncoming traffic… and to our horror, my father. When I got to the hospital on Saturday, he was attached to more machines than I would have ever liked to see, and had tubes and IV’s coming out in all directions. After dozens of X-Rays, MRI’s, and CAT Scans, the doctors found that he had a fractured knee cap and a fractured hip, and needed surgery immediately. While myself and the rest of my family in the Trauma Room began asking questions about the success rate of the surgery, his ability to walk in the future, etc., my father had a very different concern. The only thing he asked the doctor after being told he needed immediate hip surgery was: “Will my Viking tattoo on my thigh be ruined?” This blew me away! His biggest concern was about his Minnesota Vikings tattoo!

The surgeon said he would do his best, and whisked him away for 11½ hour surgery. When it was finally over and he woke up from anesthesia, the first thing he groggily asked us was to look at his scar and see if it ruined the Viking emblem tattooed on his leg. The first step in his recovery was realizing it was intact.

Then began the grueling rehab process that would surely be painful and exhausting. But, to him, the silver lining was that he would hopefully be able to walk again by mid-season, and therefore be able to make use of his Vikings season tickets that he just received in the mail days before the accident.

As a person in the sports media industry, I thought that this was an incredible story of pure fandom, and I thought it would be a great story to share with the Vikings and Vikings fans.

Meghan is right on; it is a great story to share with the Vikings and Vikings fans everywhere. Stories like these are a big part of what make fans so great. And there’s no doubt that fans are a big reason as to why the NFL and each of its individual teams produce such a great product, and are a source of enjoyment and entertainment.

The update on Meghan’s father is that he’s on the road to recovery, and, best of all, made enough progress recently to persuade his doctors into permitting him to travel to Minnesota to see a Vikings game. In what I believe is real-life poetry, Meghan’s father made it to the Vikings vs. Packers game on October 23 to see Christian Ponder’s first career start. In what was a huge step to a great future for the McCormick family, Meghan’s dad was able to travel to Minnesota to get a first-hand look at what the future holds for the Vikings at quarterback.

Posted in All | 211 Comments »

211 Responses to “An Incredible Vikings Fan Story”

1. By CanadianVF on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Great story, I can totally relate to him as I have always loved the Vikings too. Someday I am going to get to Minnesota to see a home game also.

2. By Arrow86 on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Fantastic story! Thank you for sharing it. I wish this man many years of good health.

3. By vikings4life on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Great story i Hope people remember this is what football means to people from MN and around The country very few things posses the power to bring so many people together it is a the definition of a gift. We cannot let money drive away tradition and family away from Minnesota.

4. By Viking Joe on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Awesome story !!! i am originally from Stillwater and enjoy visiting when I get the time and chances to go there. Tradition runs deep with Viking fans.

5. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

This certainly can’t compete with that story, but in 1975 I was in the hospital after suffering a ruptured appendix. There was no cable television available in the hospital in those days, but there was a bar down the street that I knew had the Vike’s game on. I had the boys bring me in some clothes, get me in a wheelchair and smuggle me off to the tavern. I got caught coming back in and spent the next 2 days under “guard”.

6. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

One of the “guards” was a knockout blonde that I ended up dating for almost a year.

7. By Titus on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Nova, I like the ending of your story.

8. By Jacob on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

so much win on the part of Nova.

9. By PAUL M. on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

VERY INSPIRING!

I’M ALSO EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW STADIUM’S PUBLIC RELATIONS MEDIA PUSH.

P.S. THE NO-HUDDLE BEATS GREEN BAY!

10. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

It never worked out, she hated football and I hated “disco”. Football is still around.

11. By PAUL M. on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

DEFCON ONE !!!

ENTIRE DEFENSIVE BACK-FIELD BREACH !!!

WARNING! . . . WARNING! . . . WARNING!

12. By Animal26 on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

and we got more good news today everyone. The stadium deal will be done according to Patrick Kessler. They will use gaming as a funding source. Now, just have to hope the stadium deal goes through ASAP with no complications!!!

13. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Animal26…THANK YOU……and remember, like the article says, be cordial to his staff, BUT STAKE ZELLERS !!!!!!!

14. By Frederick Jones on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

GET RID OF ALL THE STINKING VICE PRESIDENTS.

GIVE FRAZIER MORE POWER TO CHOOSE WHO WE DRAFT, TRADE, AND ACQUIRE.

PUT SOME BRAINS IN THE VIKINGS ADMINISTRATION.

OFFENSIVE LINE and DEFENSIVE BACKS ! !

:) :) :) :) :)

15. By Titus on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

I think we have a pretty good team. They will go 10-6.

16. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

As long as they just don’t “go’.

17. By Titus on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Nova, I suddenly have an interest in moving overseas to teach English– lots of opportunities, especially in Asia.

18. By PAUL M. on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

I believe that Green Bay & the other NFC North teams have already recognized that the Northern “arms race” has dramatically shifted as a result of the draft!

We now have an elite QB (very soon), an elite RB, an elite slot receiver, and two elite TE’s.

19. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Titus, I have passed on that idea a couple of times. Unless you are teaching in a very small town, you are looking at $2500-3000 /mth for a closet-sized apt. A good piece of beef will run you about $45/lb. $crew that !

20. By Titus on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

I cannot wait to see the Bears in our house.

21. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Now, having said that, I was speaking of J@pan. You might have somewhere else in mind.

22. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

I can’t believe it….you can’t correctly spell J@pan on this site. It blocked me twice.

23. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Let’s try Pakistan.

24. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

You can say Pakistan but you can’t say J@pan…..I give up.

25. By Titus on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Nova– I tried a couple times to respond to you– I better not mention any countries– this site censors them all.

26. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

WOBSCHALL>>>>>>>FIX THIS BS<<<<<<<<<<<

27. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

All I can say is that I’m glad that “An Incredible Viking’s Fan Story” didn’t occur in J@pan, and the guy’s name wasn’t Chr1stian.

28. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Here is another “Incredible Viking’s Fan Story”….you cannot use our starting quarterback’s given name in this blog.

29. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Let’s try ” Muslim Ponder”.

30. By Titus on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Nova, leave Mike W alone– it should be obvious by now he cannot. Or are you trying to get a new blog started?

31. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

I find this fascinating, this blog allows the term “Muslim Ponder”, but not “Chr1stian Ponder”. I guess I just stirred up some sh1t now, didn’t I.

32. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Allah Ponder…

33. By VegasVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Let’s talk about the blonde officer more

34. By VegasVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Can’t say J e s us either

35. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Titus, do you actually think that Wobschall would address something this controversial?

36. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Bhakti Ponder.

37. By Titus on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

What is so controversial– not being able to change the censor list? He cannot do anything beyond post some PR articles with so-so writing. And if it gets controversial, well, then we get four or five blogs to “bury” the critics.

38. By Titus on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Oh, I was not going to be critical. I think I will do some reading in a book and relax.

39. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Well, I guess our QB will have to convert to Hinduism or become a Muslim before any of his fans can call him by his given name on THIS blog………any rebuttal, Wobschall?

40. By Titus on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Nova, you did it now. Expect this blog to be about 10 blogs deep by 8AM. A blog about Allen’s sacks. One about stadium and casino marriage. One about the difference between technical and actual sack totals. A blog on the history of purple for our uniforms. One on Allen’s possible sack record as a Viking. Another on how fast Adrian runs. Another entitled– Will Allen reach 100 sacks before prime time audience on Monday night? …

41. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA TITUS!!!!!!

42. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

PRAISE BE TO ALLAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

THIS IS SUCH HORSESH!T !

44. By Titus on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

Good night kids– I am meandering to bed.

45. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 3, 2011 | Reply

May Allah guide your footsteps.

46. By Parody on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Nova – It’s not worth fighting the issue. Believe me, I’ve tried. The most Wobschall was ever willing or able to do was remove one of the censored words from the list: ass. This was just enough to allow is to speak about the pass in the NFL, but many other legit words were completely ignored, including pásses (ásses), and bálls. Communist censors refuse to allow true freedom of speech, so we just need to get creative and find ways around their attempts to control how we think.

47. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Guys I think Wobs is the Vikings media coverage guy, so I assume he has either an English degree or a Journalism degree not a computer engineering degree. Im about 99.99999% sure that Wobs did not create the programming for the website. Every site pretty much has the same set up, its not censorship but the website reserves the right to prevent racist or offensive talk on their property to prevent a PR problem.

48. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Sir Greasy Panda…..I understand all of that, but I have seen way more offensive words on this site than J@pan. One idiot posted the word ” spic”. My question is, what kind of guidelines permit use of a racial slur such as that, but forbid the name of an Asian country?

49. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

This leads be to believe that the person responsible for programming the website received his computer engineering degree from Tony the Tiger U.

50. By Mark on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

I still can’t get over how the Vikings thought T-Jack was a quarterback.

51. By sandiamond on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

vikings4life…. good to see you here. Stop by more often!

52. By Mike B. on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

What a great fan story. It is amazing how die hard vikings fans are. This is another reason for the Vikings to stay right in MN with it’s fans. Take Care.

53. By hippster on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

whats with you all coming to this page to rant on other matters ? thats what the other pages are for.this is a feel good story leave it at that. I hope your dad recovers 100 percent good luck

54. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

A degree in journalism or English? Wow, you guys should be on Comedy Central.

55. By linda on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Love this story and i understand her dads love for the Vikings, Ive been a fan since i can remember im 44 years old and would love to see them win a supper bowl in my life time, but i will always be a fan no matter what, I cant see myself change even if they move i feel there a Minnesota state team and if they where to leave this state yes it would be terrible I would be upset, but i will still root for my team im a true Vikings fan Minnesota should feel lucky to have a NFL team in this state if they dont want them let them go then loose big, Im sure i will end up moving to another state if this happends only because i wouldnt want to invest 1 more cent in this state that has no guts or real members of there so called REPS that are for the people of Minnesota your not for us your for you your pocket and that is all! you are going to reck what this state is known for the best team in the NFL! enough said thanks Meghan for the story and hope your dad gets back to feeling like himself soon. SKOL MINNESOTA VIKINGS!

56. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

hippster– you are right. I repent.

57. By Twoodsnvikes on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Anyone else sick of hearing about Cam Newton as much as I am when we have a QB who is much better? I’ll use some statistics in my favor.

-So far as a starter Ponder has won half his games, so winning percentage of 50%. Cam Newton has won only 25% of his games, so Ponder is twice as good in that category.

-Lets look at the teams they have faced. The teams Ponder has started against have a combined record right now of 9-6, so a winning percentage of .600. Newton has faced teams with a combined record of 28-31 for a winning percentage of .475.

So Ponder has twice the winning percentage against much more difficult teams, not to mention Ponder has the head to head win.

58. By garrett1212 on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Probably that SOB Goddell sensoring everything. He’s a control freak and has a finger in everything. Enjoyed the story. Wish for a full recovery. I like that Meghan is a vikes fan and works for ESPN. Sounds attractive.

59. By Troutdaddy on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Wow- What a story…. And that my friends is why we live, sleep, eat and breath the Vikings. And to all of the fans who find it hard to find the positives as of lately, time to shut up and cheer even louder while this team gets it figured out! I bleed purple, nuf said….

60. By CUTMEANDILLBLEEDPURPLE on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

What a true diehard Vikes fan!!!! I have been a diehard fan for 48 yrs. And I can relate to the pure dedication of being a loyal vikes fan. I hope he has a speedy recovery. I will be just sick to my stomach if the Vikes move to LA. I have lived all over this country and seen some really crazy things from local fans but that’s right up there with the best. GO Vikes 10-6 wildcard berth and here we come!!!!!!

61. By Animal26 on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

NovaScotiaVike: Zeller isn’t the only person who was at fault. Dayton deserves a big amount of the blame for what went down. He along side the other politicians said F U, to the Vikings. But then again, Politics is a very dirty business and it processes are enough to make anyone sick, so a part of me isn’t too surprised at how the stadium talks have gone down. I just hope they pass the deal for the stadium quickly, before another “roadblock” interferes with the deal being completed.

62. By Shawn on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

BRAVO Mike Wobs … Great Story.

63. By Shawn on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus no need to repent … it was funny

Nova as always great stuff and Im excited our QB has a first name now thats not EVIL …. Muslim Ponder, LOL :)

64. By Bearjoo on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

My favorite memory was when the Green Bay Packers defeated the Minnesota Vikings 31 to 3 last November, then went on to win thier 4th Superbowl. Ahh memories. Soon to be 9 and 0 in two weeks. More memories to come, boo ya!

65. By Papis on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Very touching and empathetic. I wish him and his family all the best now and in the future.

66. By Animal26 on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

you shouldn’t be counting your chickens before they’ve hatched Bearjoo. The Vikings nearly beat the packers with a bunch of rookie/ young corners, a banged up offensive line, and a rookie QB. That Rookie QB has only gotten better from his first career game against your beloved packers. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Vikings walk into Green bay and beat the packers. Will probably be a close game like the last one, but either way. week 10 will be a great game to watch.

67. By PuRpLe n' GoLd on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

@Bearjoo i was at that November 21st game last year and is clearly remembered by me! I met chuck foreman on the day, it was a very happy and sad day for me.

68. By PuRpLe n' GoLd on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

*that day

69. By PuRpLe n' GoLd on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

I confidently agree with Animal26, and with all due respect Bearjoo, i think it would be best if you do not post anymore on this website because it is obviously for vikings fans and vikings fans only.

70. By PuRpLe n' GoLd on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

I have great hope in the vikings getting there stadium as well. As long as everybody pitches in, especially Rodger Goodell, we should be able to get this goin. The Vikings leaving sounds like a huge joke to me and it just doesnt seem possible or relevant. Our fanbase including myself has an unbreakable bond it seems like, we stick with our team win our lose, rain or shine. Were all like one big family, and family always sticks together.

71. By VegasVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

@Linda- if the Vikings win a ‘supper’ bowl do you suppose Moss would complain about the food lol??

72. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Bare Juice– I do believe the Vikings will beat the Packers at Lambeau– and to all of us on here, that will be the sweetest part of this season. I have mixed feelings whether I want the Chargers to win on Sunday— I would love to see the Pack get brought down to reality, but oh so sweet if they are 8-0 and the Vikings are the first team to beat them– by the way, the Packers are overrated– they might win 11 or 12 at the most.

73. By Bearjoo on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Purple n gold, this is America. I have a right to say what I want, besides all the BS you viking fans put on here about Green Bay calls for a little razzing. Take it like a man.

74. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Vegas— I am hungry now. Stop it. Just had a lovely 15 miler on the bike– these are the last days of outdoor riding and days like today (mid 50s) are few.

75. By VikesOwn on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

have you guys saw the minnesota stadium solution video? it WAS epic and inspiring man this gaves me hope that the vikings will have a new stadium. the videos was epic i watch it like 5 times lol

76. By aaron rodgers on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Why do the vikings suck so much at life?

And why do all of these losers come here to blog about them?

77. By VikesOwn on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

aron rodgers you have no life u come on the vikes website and say how much they just stfu for once you d.i.c.k im sick of packer fans coming on here we dont do that we get it your undefeated and i dont give a s.h.i.t just stop trolling and get off

78. By VikesOwn on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

they suck not they just

79. By Parody on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Twoods – Not to shoot your argument down – but those numbers are a bit misleading. The head-to-head matchup is the ONLY one Ponder has won. Plus, Newton has more wins than Ponder. Yes, he’s had more chances, but this shouldn’t be ignored. Realistically, it’s too early to start comparing them, because Ponder hasn’t had enough experience to base any true comparison off of, and Newton just barely has enough experience to start comparing to anyone.

80. By VikesOwn on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

omfg y isnt my comment posting

81. By Parody on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

VikesOwn – You probably used a word like Chrîstian, bálls or pásses, all of which are on the list of blocked words.

Try using Muslimtian, testicles and psphincters instead.

82. By aaron rodgers on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

vikingsown

The real losers are the foooools that watch the smelly crew in purple each week.

83. By aaron rodgers on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

vikesown

Most likely, you post was blocked cuz you used the word WIN in a sentence with VIKINGS.

These are mutually exclusive terms and not allowed by most blogging services. Really, the vikings just suck so much at life.

84. By Viking Joe on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Were you a packer fan when they stunk in the 70’s and 80’s? Why does Aaron Rodgers suck at doing commercials ? Why do packer fans suck at life, or should I say they need to get a life !!!

85. By Viking Joe on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Stay off our blog cheesed!@# !!!!

86. By aaron rodgers on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

viking joe

I as rootin’ for the pack when you were still pickin’ soft warm chunks for chocolate from your diaper!

No wonder you want to cheer on a team that smells just as foul as your dirty underwear.

87. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

What is wrong with this site today— I tried posting 10 times, and filtered every word– would not go through.

88. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Let me try again, now that I posted something, albeit a boring post.

89. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

UGHHHH

90. By Viking Joe on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

I doubt that, I’m probably older than you, your team stunk badly, and they still wear the feminine green and yellow, stay out of my underwear, weirdo.

91. By Viking Joe on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

How would you know I even wear any, weirdo !!!

92. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Bare Juice and Erin Floggers, —

You are on the Vikings site. Maybe you would feel warm and fuzzy back at your cheese stand. Then again, nothing happens in Green Bay. We get it. You guys are lonely.

93. By Viking Joe on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

They have nothing better to do Titus, they live in a rural town, lock your sheep up.

94. By Rocksalt on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

well according to George W ………all muslims are terrorists…….

95. By Rocksalt on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

so we should imprison or kill all muslims

96. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

This site is acting up big time– the post above took me literally 20 tries to send through– I copied it, and then kept adjusting and tweaking words– I know what to look for and basically tried anything — looking for hidden words. I never did find the culprit– in fact, the two sentences voided from my final go-ahead were quite moderate– this site has a major illness. Is it something to do with the cheeseheads?

97. By Rocksalt on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

economically speaking, killing is much more cost effective…..

98. By Rocksalt on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

no……not the great Titus……we thought you could post anything……

99. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Rocksalt, don’t go in shock.

100. By matthew pederson on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

how pathetic of a life to come on to another teams blog to talk smack, i have never even clicked on a packer site. And when you talk about coming onto a site to blog about our team you include yourself as one of the ‘losers’.

101. By borgis on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

that,s what it means to people in minnesota, my grandfather retired from 3M after 35 years he bled purple. I was born nov. 2 1961 in MLPS,MN. BUD GRANT was born in minnesota. I do think if bud was on the ownership team this stadium would have been resolved out of complete popularity and respect, money or no money. there is under lying issues,HA maybee someone will read this. GREAT MINNESOTA VIKINGS story

102. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

i swear a lot of packer fans are closet vikings fans

103. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Of course Panda, of course. Seriously, would you want to follow a team called the Vikings or a team called the Packers?

104. By MeghanRose on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Thanks guys for all your kind words and for sharing your similar stories! Sports transcend all barriers and unify us like nothing else. Thanks to the Vikings for sharing my Dads story. Keep the faith Minnesota! Skol Vikes

105. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

You are welcome, Meghan. We are glad your father is recovering nicely. Our health and relationships what matter.

106. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Meghan, I would somehow endure another ruptured appendix if it would keep the Vikes in Minny. Your family and your dad are exceptional.

107. By Frederick Jones on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Nova, Titus, et al,

I can’t believe you think my posts are boring….lol x 7

Admittedly I’m pushing for something none of us bloggers can get information on. Yet, if listened to, my posts could cause a big change, and we could be watching playoff football again in the very near future.

:) :)

108. By Frederick Jones on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Thank you for your sensible blogs. It’s all about TEAM, and nothing spells team more than the Offensive Linemen, and Defensive Backs. You do not have to believe me, believe Chuck Noll (Who only won 4 Super Bowls), because he said it.

If the Vikings do not spend their draft picks, and money on those two areas during the off-season they can move to Nova Scotia for all I care.

Football is one of the greatest team sports of all time, and your Vikings are making a mockery out of it.

109. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

@ Fred….I think that you will find that I have never called your posts boring. I reserve that sort of criticism for Wobschall.

110. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Plus you like antique cars.

111. By jdude on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Fairmont Cardinals get to play in the Metrodome.

112. By Frederick Jones on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Nova,

Thank you for remembering my love of classic cars. I s w e a r about 40% of the cars have canadian license plates. I see Nova Scotia on many of them. I thought Nova Scotia was a small island. How they can hide so many cool cars I’ll never know.

I feel committed to next year’s draft regardless of how the Vikings do this year. I can’t believe how badly they messed it up, this year in particular.

113. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Fred, when did I say your posts were boring? Pas moi, Monsieur.

114. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

@ Fred…every time that you mentioned them, my memories go back to my /70 Cuda, 440, pistol grip convertible and my /68 Cougar XR7 390. THOSE WERE CARS!!!!!

115. By Huy on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

116. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Can’t you people SMARTEN THE FUC& UP?????? START PROTESTING, DO SOMETHING!!

117. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

CHR!ST, I WISH I WAS THERE.

118. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Sonja would have a Chris Dolberman #56 jersey on and God forbid the %^$#&& politician who wanted to “debate” with her.

119. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Even Sonja cannot stop what will happen, if it does happen. She might be chasing the moving vans, barking, but that is all she can do. Minnesotans tend to be complacent and I highly doubt they will do anything to keep the team here. It is all up to the powers that be.

120. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus, why is it that I spend more on 1 trip every year to see the Vikings play than season-ticket holders fork out for the entire year??????? Does that mean, being 2000 miles away, that I care more about this team than the local fans?? If so, then Minnesotans do not deserve the Vikings. .05 sales tax or no NFL?…give me a break.

121. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

If all of the people who spend their time screaming “Republican this and Democrat that” would devote their energy to making their voice heard where somebody will actually take notice, maybe something can be salvaged from this mess….Just a word from somebody with no U.S. political leanings.

122. By DRS on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

NovaScotiaVike, it does seem that we fans out of state have concern then them in Minnesota, I just got off the phone with my friends brother, (a democrat), and he told me this, why should he or anyone he knows put out any tax money for them rich b-a-s-t-a-r-d-s Vikings when he and others like him have greater needs. He lives in the Mankato area.

Rocksalt and Shawn what do you have to say to your fellow Democrat?

123. By Shawn on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

nova its worse than that 0.005. I think that = 1/2 of a cent .05 would be a nickle and that is blasphemous … my decimals may be wrong you are the scientist :)

But hey repubs are winning … NO NEW TAXES. Especially temporary ones that would create 7,ooo jobs. But its just middle cla-ss jobs and America hates the middle cla-ss . ERRR REPUBLICANS HATE THE MIDDLE CLA-SS.

So good bye Vikings …

124. By DRS on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

NovaScotiaVike, 100 % with you on that, I do not live in MN. Wish I could influence the state. I cannot and them in MN do not care, so what are we going to do, what can we do? Who knows?

125. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

DRS– as some of you know, one of my hats ( I do many things) is in the academic world– in a university, which tend to be almost exclusively liberal– they are so against the stadium I dare not even bring it up. Even a student this past week heard me talk about the game– he got mad and said one win does not justify him paying taxes to build the stadium. Primarily, based on democrat’s ideology, they are the party most against the stadium– perhaps the democratic leaders may voice differently, but their constituency

126. By DRS on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, You are funny, God bless you.

127. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

I don’t want to get into this argument–

128. By Shawn on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Id say hes being a narrow minded a** . for the reasons I wrote above. Its great to act like a tough guy but when the Vikings are gone … it’ll be too late to feel sorry.

Zygi is putting up the 3rd most in NFL history … intelligent people know thats amazing and dumb a**es think its not enough.

129. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, so brainwashed. Yikes.

130. By Titus on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

He is about to post 10 of his rants– I am outta here. Have fun Shawn– your postings on some of the other blogs were so hateful and narrow minded, that I almost quit vikings.com for good. ADIOS for now.

131. By Shawn on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus no Dem has publicly said let the Vikings leave … REPUBLICANS HAVE

I read an article in this blog and it sounds to me the Dem governor is starting to act without the party of NO

132. By Shawn on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

lol you mean when I showed video of your “leaders” lying

so truth to you = hate LOL

and Im brainwashed , I post facts

133. By DRS on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Titus I agree with you on your blog. Every student I talk to says about the same thing to me, why should MN build the new stadium when the dome will do, besides they think that tax money should lower their coast, 90% of them are liberals.

134. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

I am just so sick of this sh1t, I don’t care if we lose the next 8. I just want to follow my football team like I have for the last 43 years. I like Minneapolis and St. Paul, I have met some nice people there over the years. I would like a reason to keep coming back.

135. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

STAKE EVERY %$#*&^%$ POLITICIAN IN THE STATE AND START OVER.

136. By DRS on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Shawn, I agree with you about my friend’s brother saying he could care less for the Vikings; his needs are greater for any tax money. He is short mined as are many in MN, Most Minnesotans according to the polls will not vote for any new taxes, and most Minnesotans are liberal according to the latest polls. People are tired of taxes; the Vikings need to convince MN people to accept the importance of the team and the jobs this investment is for them and the state.

137. By DRS on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

NovaScotiaVike 100% with U on that.

138. By DRS on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

Good night every one. God bless you all.

139. By Shawn on Nov 4, 2011 | Reply

heres what i will say about the taxes … I havent lived in MN for a well since b4 my first job. I lived in Vegas for 14 years and didnt have to pay state taxes so i have slight sympathy for people that have to pay both state and federal

still 1/2 of 1 penny for 7,000 jobs …. c’mon man

140. By PAUL M. on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

OK, so in the spirit of this wonderful article blog, I just want to share a previous blog which ties in to why I believe a new stadium is a must have & why the time is now:

I am Greek-American & spent my entire childhood reading about & learning about my Greek ancestors. The Spartans, the Athenians & Alexander. All warriors to be proud of.

I also had a great love for football, and have always regarded the sport as “warfare elevated to an art form”. I wanted my own team to root for, but I couldn’t just root for any team — they had to be true warriors.

My first recollection of a Vikings game — and the day I decided I was a Vikings fan — was at the age of 12, when I turned on the TV and, as the serendipitous unfolding of the universe would have it, my colors were revealed to me.

I saw Joe Kapp dropping back in the middle of a fierce blizzard – chaos all around him – but all I could pay attention to — the one thing that absolutely gripped me — were those Viking horns in the middle of that menacing blizzard.

“These are my warriors” I thought. I was hooked for life.

I hope that, at least once in a while, the roof of our new stadium will be opened for at least one “annual blizzard” to honor our true identity. It should be a state-wide “Vikings Holiday” scheduled by whenever the 1st blizzard that falls on a game day occurs.

Also, kindly dispose of those horrendous “albino-white” away uniforms. Can we get a little more dynamic, please!?

141. By DRS on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Shawn 100% with U on your last posting, It is not much so why so much resistance? Maybe it is because people see the NFL as a bunch of rich people asking for government help. I feel that the NFL needs to change that image, and soon.

142. By DRS on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Well it is 12:45 my time and I am going to bed, good night one and all.

143. By DRS on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

maybe good news,

After Vikings stadium talks between Gov. Mark Dayton and legislative leaders collapsed Wednesday, the key lawmakers involved in drafting a bill emerged today to say their efforts are still on track.

“What’s the saying? The announced death of the stadium deal was a little premature,” said Rep. Morrie Lanning, R-Moorhead, who’s leading stadium efforts in the House.

He and his counterpart in the Senate, Republican Julie Rosen of Fairmont, held a news conference with Gov. Mark Dayton and other lawmakers who had met that morning to continue working on a stadium bill that could win bipartisan support.

144. By DRS on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Sweet dreams to all.

145. By DRS on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

146. By Matthias on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

147. By Dr0wssap on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Hey buddies

148. By jdude on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Hey can we please give Ponder some respect and put a picture of him in his NFL career and not college.

149. By Frederick Jones on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

@Nova,

You owned a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, and a 1968 Mercury Cougar? Yes, those cars could take off QUICKLY, unlike today’s cars.

You still see many 1960s Cougars in Minnesota.

150. By Frederick Jones on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

The problem with the Vikings isn’t that they don’t want to play, it’s that we lack talent in at least two areas (OL and DB)

The offense is limited to short plays, only. That kind of takes away from your element of surprise.

The defense cannot rush the qb because the DBs cannot cover anyone LONG ENOUGH for sacks to take place. Along with that there are no interceptions because an all out rush is difficult.

151. By Rocksalt on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

The special session for a Vikings stadium is off for now, thanks to a Legislature that opposes one. A lot of people in that Legislature are insisting that an increase in sales tax in Ramsey County can’t happen without a public vote in a referendum, something the Vikings oppose.

Here’s a suggestion. With all the talk about referendums, why not have the citizens of the state vote on whether to expand state-owned gambling to include racinos?

It is a cinch to pass, and you would not only raise enough money for the stadium, but there would be money left over to improve funds for schools, roads, etc.

Rep. Linda Runbeck, R-Circle Pines, chairs the House Property and Local Tax Division Committee in the Legislature. She is quoted as saying that there’s a growing sense in the House that there’s no emergency when it comes to getting a Vikings stadium bill done.

Apparently she must know somebody involved with the NFL who’s telling her the Vikings can’t move even though their lease expires in a few months.

Just being realistic, Ms. Runbeck and all of her genius partners in St. Paul, but if you were the Wilf family, would you rather own an NFL franchise in Los Angeles or in the Twin Cities? In L.A., the Lakers get more than twice as much for tickets and suites than the Timberwolves get here, and the area’s Fortune 500 companies would fight for the right to buy suites and tickets for their customers.

A clear example of the discrepancy between the two markets is that the Lakers franchise is worth more than $1 billion while the Wolves are worth no more than $400 million.

So if I was Zygi Wilf and owned the Vikings, I would sit back, insist to other NFL owners that I couldn’t get a stadium here and also couldn’t even break even in the 30-year-old Metrodome, and move to Southern California, where overnight I would go from a team in the small-market Twin Cities to having one of the most valuable franchises in the league.

A franchise that is worth about $600 million here would overnight be worth more than $1 billion in Los Angeles.

Teams do move
    On another subject, Ms. Runbeck, I doubt you know much about the history of franchises moving, because if you did, you wouldn’t make such a statement.

• In 1984, Baltimore Colts owner Robert Irsay, without a vote of NFL owners, backed a number of trucks to the team facility and moved the franchise to Indianapolis overnight.

• In 1994, the Los Angeles Rams, unhappy because they couldn’t get a good stadium in Anaheim, Calif., relocated to St. Louis.

• In 1996, Browns owner Art Modell, rather than wait for a referendum on whether to expand taxes in Cleveland for funding improvements on a stadium, moved his team to Baltimore.

• Also in the mid-1990s, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were in position to move to Baltimore before the Cleveland team did, but they stayed in Florida when owner Malcolm Glazer got the local government to help fund a stadium through an increase in sales tax.

And for your information, to all the Republicans who don’t believe the Vikings can move after this season, because they don’t have a new stadium or lease, they will have a choice of two temporary facilities — the Los Angeles Coliseum, where the Rams and Raiders played and where Southern California plays now, or the 100,000-seat Rose Bowl in Pasadena — that would serve as a home until the new downtown stadium is built, which the Los Angeles Council has approved and where ground will be broke in the near future.

This area lost the North Stars, who played in a Met Center building that cost $6 million, and paid dearly to get an NHL franchise back. Xcel Energy Center, home of the Wild, cost $130 million and part of it was paid for by a $65 million state loan to St. Paul. Minneapolis lost the Lakers in 1960 because there was not a building to play in. So Target Center was built at a cost of $104 million to get the NBA back here three decades later.

Furthermore, according to the Vikings, the team generates some $20 million per season in tax revenue, including $12 million to $13 million in income tax each year from team employees and players as well as $1 million in income tax from visiting players.

In 2009, the Minnesota Sports Facilities Commission, which runs the Metrodome, published a report that estimated that the four professional sports teams in the state of Minnesota tallied a total of $458.7 million in tax revenue from 1961 to 2009. That money went to the state of Minnesota, Hennepin County, Minneapolis, St. Paul and the five-county transit system. Of that $458.7 million, the greatest tax revenue contributor was estimated to be the Vikings at $170.2 million. On top of that, the combined public investment in all sports facilities at the time was a mere $191 million, meaning the Vikings contributed nearly as much tax revenue on their own as the public paid into all four sports’ facilities.

Sid Hartman
    MPLS STAR TRIBUNE

152. By Rocksalt on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Even though MN has traditionally been blue state, The Twin Cities metro area has moved more towards Red than Blue, as evidenced in recent state, local, and national elections

153. By Frederick Jones on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Rock,

Thanks for the article, some of us don’t have easy access to the Mpls. Tribune.

Could, Would, Should the Vikings stay in MN even if they do not get their stadium?

Why can’t we just put up a couple million for seats in the Metrodome?

(I AM NOT AGAINST A NEW STADIUM, but if it can’t be built, maybe we
    could be the first NFL team to re-model their stadium to keep their team.)

Maybe it might take 45 million to do this re-modeling. Why isn’t this being
    proposed?

154. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

@ Fred, the Cuda was basically the hopped-up version of the Plymouth Barracuda, and first appeared in 1970. That car, with it’s 440 6-pack, would almost stand up. I wish I still had it, they are selling for 6 figures now.As for Cougars, the only ones that I see nowadays usually are wearing way too much makeup.

155. By Joyce renzi on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

I also live in CT. I have been a fan since I was ten years old. My father and uncles would watch football and we as kids would watch the game /games with them… Well, to say the least, back in 1967 I picked the Vikings with my cousin Billy as my Favorite team and have been a Viking fan ever since. I follow them faithfully throughout the years and to day…I just got a tattoo this year and it is on the inside part of my left leg just above the ankle of a Norseman inside a purple heart bleeding purple…. It signifies my love for the Vikings, I bleed purple, and I am a true fan and always will be….. I am so happy to read that her dad is recovering from this terrible accident….. Thank you for sharing this …. SKOL :)

156. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Just watching Luck dissect Oregon St…..I’m picking Miami over Indy in the “suck for Luck” bowl. Luck just took a shot to the chin that would have put a lot of QB’s out of the game. This guy is tough.

157. By PAUL M. on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Senator Ba a a a chmann = Fed Tax Attorney = Exemptions, Write-Offs, Federal Adoption Tax Credits & Deductions.

23 foster children ~ $400,000 per year = checks from the Big Government that she asserts “needs to cut spending”.

158. By PAUL M. on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Some people heed the call & rise up to a higher level than the rest of us to

reach out to those less fortunate out of the goodness of their . . wallets!

159. By VegasVike on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Nova, a mopar fan eh? I’ve owned…
    1-67 GTX
    1 – 67 R/T
    1 – 66 Charger
    1- 68 Road Runner
    3- 69 Road Runners
    2- 70 Road Runners
    BEEP BEEP!!

160. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

RIGHT ON VEGAS !

161. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

I’ve had a couple of Vettes, between us we would have quite the collection.

162. By Titus on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

I’ve owned a couple of Volkswagens. Does that count?

163. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

And a nice little /70 383 Swinger, but it was an automatic.

164. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Only if they were Lamborghinis, Titus.

165. By Titus on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

I looked at an Alfa Romeo yesterday– a bit pricey for me, at least right now.

166. By Viking Joe on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

I’ve owned 3 GTO’s and 2 SS 396 Chevelle’s, all awesome cars, though my favorite was my ’67 GTO H.O. 400, wish I still had that car, IT’S WORTH 40-50K in mint condition.

167. By Frederick Jones on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Vegas Vike, Nova, and Titus,

Well I’m no Vegas Vike, or Nova in the classic cars division. Titus and I could probably compete. My finest ride would be a 1972 Imperial LeBaron which measured exactly 19’9″ long, which was the length of a 3 point shot in basketball when I owned it.

And it was White which made it look even bigger!

168. By Frederick Jones on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Current automobile is a 2006 Chev Malibu which they just announced as being the best selling model in America since it began as a Chevelle option in 1964.

169. By Titus on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Is this a used car lot now?

170. By SAN JO! VIKE!!!! on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Ponderson!!

171. By DRS on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

I have owned a 1954 Catalina SW, 1965 Cheval, 1966 impala, 1966 Delta 88, 1968 skylark, 1972 mustang Grande, 1974 Torino, to name a few. Sorry for any misspellings.

172. By DRS on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

I miss the Mustang.

Have a great day.

173. By Titus on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

GO CHARGERS!

174. By DRS on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

A 1973 Cougar, 1968 Chevy pick-up, a few 1970’s ford pick-ups, including a 1970 F100. Boy thinking back I sure had allot of vehicles.

175. By DRS on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Good night everyone. Remember to turn your clocks back.

176. By Frederick Jones on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

DRS moves into 1st place due to the large volume of classic cars !

1954 Pontiac Catalina Station Wagon! Those things looked like trucks.

Thankyou for your contributions.

Maybe if the Vikings move we could change this to “Classic Cars.com”

177. By DRS on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Frederick Jones, sounds good to me. Good night.

178. By Titus on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Wow, you guys own lots of cars. We could start a show or start a car dealership.

179. By Parody on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

So long as we’re all comparing cars, my list includes an 84 Jaguar XJ6, 92 Cougar, 2002 Firebird and 2001 Firebird (Current).

180. By Parody on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

I also had an Olds Delta 88 (1989?) and an ’02 Grand Am, but I don’t think that either of them qualify for the list…

181. By Parody on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

@Titus – Maybe a junkyard. I don’t know about anyone else, but I have sold or junked every car except the current Firebird. I doubt that most of us have the disposable income to justify having extra cars lying around the house.

182. By Titus on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

I was just looking at some alfa romeos the past few days.

183. By Parody on Nov 5, 2011 | Reply

Now that Pontiac is out of service, I’d like my next car to be a new Challenger. The newest car I ever owned was 5-years old with 100k miles on it before I ever sat inside it. Once I land a good job, I’d like to grab something that’s maybe been on the road 2-years or less, and get a lot of fun out of it!

184. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

Dang guys I always read everyones blog and I never knew all you guys were so experienced in your years. You guys have owned a ton of cars, im only 24, barely on my third and not one is as cool as a GTO or Chevelle, although my best friend has a 1970 chevelle 454 that was worked on by chip foose that I ride in all the time, if that counts. haha.

My roommate and his GF and his entire family are going to the Charger Packer game tomorrow morning, San Diego is only like 2 hours away, and they spent a fortune to get these tickets so Im hoping Rivers hands them a big fat L!!! but in a way I hope the Packers win so we can hand them their first next monday night, I cant decide.

185. By Sir Greasy Panda on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

They spent 375 on each ticket. Losers.

186. By PURPLE HORNET on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

CHEESE SHARTS

187. By PURPLE HORNET on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

PACKERS START DOWNWARD SPIRALWEEK 9 ..GO VIKES

188. By DRS on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

My current vehicle is a 2010 F150, I wish I would have keep some of the cars and trucks I had, the one I miss the most is my first car, the 1972 Mustang Grande with a 351M with posy track rear-end, Got it for $2,000.00 in 1981. Best pick-up I ever had was the 1970 F100, got that while I was living in Renton Washington. I bet we all had vehicles we wish we had back. Why do we not see the good things while we have them? I was always looking for something better when I had it right in front of me. Well with time they say we learn.

189. By DRS on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

Packers 8-8 at the end of the year.

190. By DRS on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

Vikings please do something about the D! Go Vikings.

191. By DRS on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

Oops that should have been kept not keep.

192. By DRS on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

Sorry for any other misspellings, old timers creeping in. LOLx2

193. By NovaScotiaVike on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

I just saw a /70 convertible Cuda online for sale for $160,000. I paid $6300 for mine.

194. By DRS on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

NovaScotiaVike, I saw a 1972 Mustang Grande rage top not too long ago sell for ten grand, Makes me sick thinking that I practically gave my 72 Grande away, only if I could have a redo on that one, I would have kept the darn thing.

195. By DRS on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

I know where the s-h-e-l-l of my old car is, maybe if I win the lottery I should go and get it and restore it. Would be nice; Please Vikings restore the D to the old purple people eater’s days, restore our f-a-i-t-h in you.

196. By moorevikes on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

I know it’s been a while. Trust me I’m not a team jumper when times are bad. I still read the blogs everyday. I just don’t like saying the same stuff over and over. Okay, Chris Cook, if found guilty and he did in fact beat his girl, fu-ckin coward. From what I’ve read and heard, I’ve pretty much already got my opinion on what happened. That’s all I’ll waist my time on that. C. Ponder, from what I’ve seen, I really like the dude. Very intelligent, nice pocket presence (not sure if that’s right for all you Titus’s out there), good wheels, nice throws (tight spiral). Jarod Allen and B-Rob are dominating. Even E. Griffen is getting in the mix. Yeah we know are DB’s are weak. Coaches will take care of that in the draft. Our LB’s though are getting burned as well, especially EJ Henderson. All Day is having a h-ell of a year. Which leads me to the Oline, though we know we need to get younger, bigger, and faster they must be improving with AP running so well and our passing game improving. I like M. Jenkins, he just catches b-alls man. We know Percy’s the man. That kid Rudolph WILL be a beast. That’s ALOT of play makers Vike’s fans. The coaches still have a little more to prove to me. I’m patient though, new system and all, it will take the team a little while to gel as a unit. I’m SOOOOOOO happy B.B. is gone. Every time our O took the field it was 10 against 11. Someone give me some GOOD news on the stadium issue please. Sota get your s-hit together. Oh, back to the Oline yes this is a problem the team will adress in the draft. THEY HAVE TO. SOOO in my expertise (yes that’s right) opinion we are close to something very special. As-suming the Vike’s stay in Sota. Late fellas and ladies.

197. By Titus on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

As much as I would love to see the Vikes be the first team to beat the Packers, I am completely OKAY with the Charges beating them today–

198. By Frederick Jones on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

@Parody,

You join Titus and myself in my own personal ranking of classic car owners. I think your 1988/89 Oldsmobile Delta Eighty-Eight is very close to being a classic.

199. By Frederick Jones on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

It doesn’t matter much to me whether the Packers win or lose. If they win, they get worse draft selections.

200. By sandiamond on Nov 6, 2011 | Reply

SD still in the game? WEeeeeeeee

201. By Rocksalt on Nov 7, 2011 | Reply

remodeling the Metrodome may indeed cost more than 40-50 million. Chicago remodeled Soldier Field. Green Bay remodeled Lambeau…….h3ll, even the down and out city of Detroit found $$ for new stadium……so should we.

202. By Rocksalt on Nov 7, 2011 | Reply

BTW getting on the MPLS STAR TRIB website is as easy as getting on this site..not sure why some folks cant get on it….just google mpls star tribune….

203. By wacky on Nov 7, 2011 | Reply

VIKINGS SUCK, AND WILL NEVER WIN THE BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!

204. By NDPurple on Nov 7, 2011 | Reply

Great story-hope he fully recovers and sees every game for years to come.
    Heard lots of Minnesota residents want a Vikings lottery game to help pay for the new stadium-where can I buy?????? Let’s get it done

205. By NDPurple on Nov 7, 2011 | Reply

Rocksalt- great read, and spot on. Politicians today can’t look past the noses on their faces to see the far-reaching aspects of having professional teams in their cities/counties/states. Think of all of the areas a Vikigns game touches for 8 regular season games a year- bars, restaurants, public transit, hotels, shopping, etc, etc. Build, build, build

206. By husker4vikes on Nov 7, 2011 | Reply

What an awesome story. I shared it with my 13 year old son Jon, who is a true Vikings fan. We were able to make the 13 hour drive from Western Nebraska to see the Vikings beat Detroit last year in Minneapolis. My son hardly talked the whole game…he was soaking it in. After the game, Visanthe Shiancoe gave my son his gloves after the game. Jon tried them on, and of course they were way too big! It was a very long ride home, and at 3 a.m., still a few hours away from home, I looked in the back seat and my son was sleeping with the gloves on! Long live Minnesota Vikings fans!

207. By sean on Nov 7, 2011 | Reply

that was a great story as well. even though you’re probably a nebraska fan lol

208. By Viking Joe on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

Great store and love the fan devotion. I have been a Viking Fan since 1969 our first Super Bowl. Last weekend I took my 6 year old grandson to the Viking Panthers game here in NC. What a great time it was for me to share a Game experience with my Grandson. The win made for a perfect day.

209. By Viking Joe on Nov 8, 2011 | Reply

Ooops!!! Great story

210. By cheesefree on Nov 9, 2011 | Reply

great story wish you a speedy recovery.

As for Arron Rodgers, here is a question for you,

Why do the Packers stink?

Answer:

So blind people can hate them too

211. By Joly on Dec 4, 2011 | Reply

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have take into account your stuff previous to and you are simply extremely great. I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in which in which you are saying it. You’re making it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to learn far more from you. That is actually a terrific web site.