Late Run Falls Short, Vikings Lose 33-27 To Packers

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 23, 2011 – 6:44 pm

Starting a rookie QB and facing an undefeated defending Super Bowl champion, the Vikings weren’t expected to give their opponents much of a challenge on Sunday. But as is the case so often in the NFL, the expected didn’t happen. The Vikings had the ball and a chance to win late in the 4th quarter, but saw their comeback attempt fall painstakingly short, allowing the Green Bay Packers to leave Mall of America Field with a 33-27 victory.

It was Christian Ponder’s first career NFL start, but it didn’t take him long to get right into this heated Vikings-Packers rivalry. On the game’s first offensive play, Ponder used a play-action fake and rollout to find a wide open Michael Jenkins down the left sideline for what was originally a 73-yard TD that caused the Mall of America Field crowd to burst into a frenzy. Officials took the TD away via replay, but just two plays later Ponder found TE Visanthe Shiancoe for a 2-yard TD and an early 7-0 lead.

Ponder made mistakes in the game – he threw 2 INTs and completed 40.6% of his passes – but ultimately he showed poise under pressure and got his teammates to play hard around him.

The Vikings scored 3 offensive TDs, and two of them were TD tosses from Ponder. The other TD came from Adrian Peterson, who carried the ball 24 times and gained 175 yards. With Ponder posing as a threat to move the ball through the air, Peterson found a little extra room in the running game and he took advantage, registering runs of 54, 29 and 25 yards.

Ponder spread the ball around, hitting 6 different targets for 219 total yards. Jenkins was Ponder’s most productive receiver, as he hauled in 3 receptions for 111 yards and 1 TD. Shiancoe had 4 grabs for 45 yards and the score, while both Greg Camarillo and Percy Harvin had 2 receptions; Harvin missed much of the 2nd half because of a rib injury.

Green Bay retaliated immediately after the Vikings scored on their first drive, going 91 yards in 9 plays to tie the game at 7 on a 2-yard pass from QB Aaron Rodgers to FB John Kuhn. Rodgers guided a passing attack that methodically drove down the field against the Vikings on that first scoring drive, and it was a sign of things to come for Rodgers and Co. Rodgers completed 24 of 30 passes for 335 yards and 3 TDs on the afternoon.

Following the Packers first score, Ponder responded by guiding another TD drive in the 2nd quarter that culminated in Peterson’s TD, and a 14-7 lead. The Vikings and Packers exchanged FGs after that, which led to a 17-10 Vikings lead at halftime.

Green Bay came out in the 3rd quarter and scored 20 points behind more precision from Rodgers in the passing game. The Green Bay QB found a wide open Greg Jennings thanks to busted coverage for a 79-yard TD right away in the 3rd quarter, and then the Packers scored only minutes later on a 2-yard strike from Rodgers to TE Jermichael Finley. The Packers added 2 more Mason Crosby FGs to take a 33-17 lead into the 4th quarter.

From there, though, Green Bay was done scoring. The Vikings defense held Green Bay out of scoring range and Ponder rallied from a poor 3rd quarter to nearly pull off an upset. He guided the offense 93 yards in 10 plays to score a TD – Jenkins hauled in a 24-yard TD pass – and bring the Vikings to within just 6 points.

The Vikings defensed forced a Green Bay punt after just 4 plays on the ensuing drive, and Ponder took over from his own 2-yardline after a special teams miscue by the Vikings. Missing his best receiver (Harvin), Ponder willed the offense to a pair of 3rd-down conversions, but the Vikings couldn’t extend the drive on a 3rd and 10 play from their own 36. Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier made the right move and punted the ball away, thinking his defense – armed with 3 timeouts and the 2-minute warning – could stop Green Bay’s attempts to drain the clock.

But the Packers executed better than the Vikings in the game’s final 2:30, and they were able to run out the clock and come away with a hard-fought 33-17 victory.

CB Asher Allen and LB Chad Greenway each finished with a team-high 11 tackles, while DE Jared Allen collected 2.0 sacks. Allen now has the Vikings franchise record for consecutive games with at least a .5 sack; he’s at 9 now, and surpassed the previous mark set by Jim Marshall and matched by Carl Eller.

The loss drops the Vikings to 1-6 on the season. And while moral victories don’t count in the standings, the Vikings and their fans came away from Mall of America Field on Sunday encouraged by what they saw from their rookie QB and a secondary that was over-matched against Rodgers and Co.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

178 Responses to “Late Run Falls Short, Vikings Lose 33-27 To Packers”

1. By jordan on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

i really liked the energy they had on offence. Ponder did very well. I didnt think it would be that close.

2. By Rye on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Ponder! You just gave vikings fans something we haven’t had since I can remember. A franchise QB.

The only reason I will watch the rest of this season is because of you.

3. By Rye on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

The vikings should try to convert Webb to WR or CB.

He is an athlete. I could see him do well at either position.

4. By Rye on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Vikings really need to re-sign Visanthe Shiancoe he is a free agent next year.

5. By Twoodsnvikes on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Why even have a secondary they are so bad, they better start burton and raymond next week

6. By Roninmn.. on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Very, very impressive young man our new quarterback. There is hope in Mn. Now we need to fix the other problem areas, offensive line and secondary. Ponder will take us to the super bowl someday. I am proud to be a Viking fan. Go vikes go, you showed heart and played all four quarters.

7. By Arrow86 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Ponder is the main reason to watch. Congratulations, Musgrave, you remembered A.P. was on your roster today. Our safeties are really bad. They are not physical, and don’t read plays and break on the ball. Jaymar, Asher, and now C.Cooke should all get cut. Berrian, cut him, and pay him. He’ll do less harm to the team, and I doubt he’ll get picked up by a team that is any good. We’re 1-6 let’s make a trade and build up some draft picks. A.P., Jared Allen, Schiancoe, Kevin Williams. We’re going to be really bad for a long while, or a short while. Spielman is starting to make Matt Millen look good, someone new needs to fill that seat. I’m proud of today’s effort, but we’ve fallen out of self-respect and relevance if we’re proud of losing close.

8. By Woodboat on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

VERY happy with Ponder in his first start. He’ll need to learn to “look off” the defenders… he stared down many of his receivers. All and all, a very good start to a hopefully long and fruitful career.

Our DBs… wow. On a positive note, there were many plays that Rodgers held onto the ball forEVER… apparantly his recievers were well covered on those plays. His receivers were WIDE open nearly every time he threw the ball to them, however. I think he threw into coverage once the entire game… that is entirely on Frazier and Pagac. Their cover 2 zone is garbage… you could field 4 probowlers in the defensive backfield and they STILL wouldn’t be successful.

Loved what I saw on offense, but our defense is going to continue to struggle, sadly….

9. By Woodboat on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Question: Why was Shank still in the game on that final drive when it was obvious he couldn’t run? I thought Rudolph was supposed to be a top notch receiving TE…. how about you get him in the mix, Musgrave? Like, I don’t know, when Shank is injured?

10. By purplerainman on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I agree it would’ve been nice to see Rudolph out there while ponder was launching them around. He definitely would have made the Pack look twice. Why is that Woodson can climb on a guys back while the ball is in the air and not get a PI. I was absolutely astonished in how the refs let him maul guys before the catch play after play today.

11. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I was wondering that myself Woodboat, didn’t even hear his name tonight, did Rudolph even get any plays in?

12. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Good game C Ponder, thank you for you skills and will to win. You have a whole state rooting for you!

13. By Shawn Schrafft on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

put mistral raymond in that secondary on that

14. By purplerainman on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

As a Vikings fan, I have to say that Aaron Rodgers really is a class act. I dislike the Packers but man is he a good quarterback. They really hit the lottery with him.

In watching Ponder today, I can only think that maybe we’re watching the precursor to a battle that might go on for the next 10 years or more. That would be pretty awesome.

15. By Twoodsnvikes on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Ponder will start against the panthers and be amazed at how easy it is now compared to tonight’s game, even though he still played well. I worry about our secondary….

16. By rye on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

The vikings should bench chris cook for the rest of the year and then trade him for whatever draft pick they can get for him.

While he has shown promise, the guy may have cost the Vikings this game because of his criminal behavior.

17. By rye on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I am excited to see Ponder play next week.

I hope now that that the vikes are pretty much out of things this season, that they FINALLY convert Joe Webb to receiver. Like I said earlier in the post, I could see him as a CB too!

The vikings should get creative, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain for next season.

18. By JT on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

We finally have a QB who takes it to them.

Agree about Woodson. How does he get away with it?

19. By troutdaddy on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

So, Ponder did exactly what we thought he could do. (Hear that purple05???) He was amazing. Even with the 2 picks, he gave this game some intelligence that has not been there up until now. Peterson did a great job at keeping things alive when it seemed to stall. Ponder- you my friend are going to have a great career! So glad to see you and your attitude motiviate and give the team and fans a much needed lift. Ok so now we are 1 and 6. Titus- as much as you carry the torch for us fans and our wanting to keep our playoff dreams alive, It really will take a miracle. I will be happy to just finish up our season with some great showings. Maybe even get 4 wins in our division as we still got each team one more time…. (wouldn’ tthat be cool?) Ok, one last thought- Frazier was a big chicken tonight. Very disappointed…. Musgrave shoulda opened his mouth too… When you are 1 and 5 and nothing to lose, you freaking go for it on 4th down. What were you thinking???? AND to NovascotiaVike…. See- Ponder is NO FREAKING MATT LINEART!!!

20. By Mike B. on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Was great to see the excitement for Vikings Football. I had to listen to the game on the radio. It sounded great. Was too bad we couldn’t hold the Pack for a 3 and out. I am sure we couldhave gotten the Touch down. I am really excited about going agains Cam Newton.

21. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I agree Rye, these players that think they’re bulletproof and can do whatever they want just cause they got big stacks oughta be TERMINATED from the NFL. If the NFL got tough on these thugs we’d see the sport clean up. I don’t think today’s loss was all Cook’s fault but it sure didn’t help. A loss of 6 points against the defending SB champs that WERE 6-0 is a huge win in my books.

22. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Great job Ponder-you da man!

23. By rye on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Just think vikings fans. Next year during the draft, the vikings probably won’t have to worry about who the QB is going to be. There is going to be stability.

Ponder looked like a Veteran the first half. He made some rookie mistakes the second half, but still did some good things too.

Ponder is going to be good.

24. By CanadianVF on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Ponder exceeded my expectations and more today, all he needs now is experience. I think we have found our quarterback. Well done, even though he was put in a tough position in his first start he responded very well. It certainly gives me hope for the future. It is amazing how when we can pass the ball, things start to open up for AP.
    On the down side however I think the turning point in that game came just two plays after the second half started when Jennings caught the td pass, I think the nearest defender was about 30 yds away and basically jogged the rest of the way to the end zone. Our pass coverage honestly has been brutal, when are we going to fix this, 2 years from now, 3, 4, never? I know everyone says our players back there are not any good and maybe there is some truth to that but I still believe that it has more to do with the coaching. We continue to look dazed and confused out there and in a league where the pass is king, if we cannot stop the pass, we cannot win in this league.

25. By Twoodsnvikes on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Sounds like Berrian is done in MN, finally

26. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

We’re just one stretch WR, an offensive line and a secondary away from the Superbowl!!!!

27. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Ponder showed great poise and promise. With CP the rest of the way, we may go 8-8

28. By Cheeseheads Unite on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Sorry I’m late guys. Josh said to be here at six. Well, so much for defeating us. Good game like I said, but the outcome, the same. I gotta give credit to Ponder. Quite impressive. I’ll admit, but it’s still a loss. Well, I’m sure you’ll have somethings to say, so I’ll step out. I think that win makes us 7-0. GO PACKERS!!!

29. By Twoodsnvikes on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Lolz you almost lost to a 1-5 team with a rookie QB cheeseheads, not so sure about the prospects of GB….

30. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

We won’t go 8-8 ology, but we’ve turned the corner that’s for sure. Its great to see the owners and coaches making the moves for the future.

31. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I’m glad BB sat out. Jenkins was a good target. Our OL isn’t great, but it’s not the worst either. Our D needs to improve- but Allen continues to fight hard.

32. By CanadianVF on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I hate to rag on the coaching staff, but could not understand why we did not go for it on fourth down at the end of the game. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

33. By CaL on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

We have been playing with this “We’re trying to win now” attitude for the last few seasons and it has us sitting @ 1-6. So this means we’ll probably have a couple of early draft picks. Ponder gives us hope @ QB so that’s 1 prob solved, but this coming draft i think they should be picking up the best CB and/or safeties available ppl with size and strengh. They thought drafting AP was enuf but we’re 2 predictable running, no deep threats 4 opp def. 2 fear. But you see having a young mobile throwing QB on the field AP gets his Yards(175).

34. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Your probably right Vegas, but I finally feel good about our team again!

35. By CanadianVF on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I guess I missed the news on why Berrian was not playing again. Can someone fill me in on why he was not dressed for the game.

36. By Twoodsnvikes on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

We will most likely go 3-13 giving us a top 5 draft pick, Miami and Indianapolis are trying hard to go 0-16 and succeeding quite well

37. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

CHEESEHEADS, you are the most personal, polite vindictive blogger ever. But the bottom line is you are a gloating pig just like anyone else that creeps on their rivals site. So go away, and I mean that in a polite way. Please

38. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

We have talent- I don’t think were too far off but something needs to be done about the corners and safety positions.

39. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Also at least another playmaker

40. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Me too ology, like I said earlier today was a win in my books. Let’s keep CP healthy and build for the future. I’m STOKED!!!
    P.S. Cheese wad go away

41. By Twoodsnvikes on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I’m not far from disagreeing with whoever said to trade Percy for something… seems like he just can’t stay on the field

42. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

When was the last time we had good corners and waffles?

43. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

PONDER VS NEWTON Already looking forward to it

44. By Mike B. on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

@CanadianVF I think there was a concerted effort to see if Cook and Allen are the real deal or not. Cook was looking very good this year until this off field episode. Griffin is one of Coach Frazier’s guys but this guy is not 100 percent. He is too frequently beat by good WRs. The Vikings Org wants to grow the secondary from within and not rely on free agency. This a place where personel has not done great. What happened in that last 2 and half min the defense let GB run on them. You know they are going to run prevent the run. I think the front four need to forget about individual states or individual blame and remember it’s a team game. If one guy gets beat all the time or pushed around, the line is getting pushed around. KW the coach doesn’t have to point anyone out he’s the coach.

45. By Arrow86 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

We need a new GM, the Wilf’s are getting hosed. Here is my case within the division. It’s a little tricky, because player salary and cap # are different. However, based on cap # $ our division is as follows. Green Bay $107 mil. Vikings $99 mil. Detroit $96.8 mill. Chicago $95.8 million. Now, when we get into actual player salaries: Vikings $82 million, Detroit $71 million, Green Bay $63 million, and Chicago $58 million. I’ll continue in my next post some positions that are overpaid on the purple, because we held on to a veteran or underperforming player.

46. By CA_Viking_fan on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

The coaches decided not to go for it on 4th down because they are just too nice. They didn’t want to hurt the Packers feelings by going for it either. No huevos.

47. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

DYAC!! waffles. = safeties!!

48. By billbobagons on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Totally agree Ponder is the reason to keep watching the Vikings( I would any way because I have purple blood but I do not want the Vikings to no that) and hope they get some of the other young guys in there now we are 1-6. Ponder has the smarts with the complex Offence and defense that they run now a days. Along with accuracy and fast enough to avoid a lot of sacks and run for yardage. A quick note on Chris Cook. Lets try to remember there are many young people who if got millions of dollars would make mistakes. Lets Pray that he learns from these mistakes and they make him a better person. Not only because he could to be a very good corner but just for his life in general. It did not surprise Me at all to see Ponder play good. Last week with no reps, AP, Harvin and 2 O line guys out Ponder had 99 yard in a quarter. It sure opened thing up for AP when they have to respect the pass. I hope BB is thru and lets start Love, Fusco, Burton, Ramond, Emerson, Rudolph and let them grow togther as a team. A little surprise they did not keep running Peterson on that last series with knowing they had 4 downs to get a first down and still had all 3 time outs and the two minute warning.

49. By Arrow86 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Let’s start at our QB acquisition of McNabb. He’ll get $9.5 million, Jay Cutler gets 9.5 million, and Aaron Rodgers gets 10.4 million. I hoped he would be rejuvenated and prevent people at Winter Park from polishing their Escalades and booking flights to Hattiesburg. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out well, and no one got any frequent flyer miles out of the deal either.

50. By CaL on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

1st play ponder to jenkins haven’t felt that good since 09′ Farve to Greg Lewis.

51. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Twoods- Harvin is a warrior he needs to stay on the team!! He may get banged up, but he still plays-he gives it all he has. With CP at the helm, he will be more of a threat.

52. By Jeff from Alabama on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I still question the play calling in the last drive. Did AP get any carries? That would have been the perfect time to pound the rock & use all of the 4 minutes & put it in the endzone at the end with no time for Rogers to come back. Instead you put it all on the shoulders of your rookie QB. He did represent himself well in the drive, converting on two 3rd & a lots, but couldn’t convert the third. Mixing in some runs with AP could have have made the difference today.

53. By Arrow86 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

@Billabong: Our coaching staff is poor on their best day. They couldn’t think enough out of the box to run a draw to A.P. with 3 timeouts in their back pockets. But I’m still on a payroll rant. See above and below.

54. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Cedric Griffin needs to be benched

55. By CanadianVF on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

@Mike B Griffin just doesn’t look right, he seems 2 or 3 steps slow. I just wonder if he rushed back from major surgery to be ready for the season and isn’t quite right or maybe he will never be right?

56. By Frederick Jones on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Vikings fans,

Let’s try not to pick on each other…

Pick on the Scouts, Vice Presidents, and the Owners.

They are the cause of our pain.

57. By Mike B. on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

With Ponder well in place as QB the Vikings can look to finding a blue chip WR and rebuilding the OL. I would take the best on the board in the draft which ever is highest and second round the next of what you didn’t pick in one. We have the QB of the future it’s time to build the offense around him. Let’s not forget to look hard at our Def secondary either. It’s too bad good CB go in the first or second rounds. We have some age issues to look at too. Hutch, Kliensasser, Kevin Williams. Winfield , and Ryan Longwell. Some good picks and these guys can stay healthy we could get right back in. Eventually you are looking at rebuilding.

58. By Arrow86 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

K-Will: He once was a dominant force. But his best game was played two or more seasons ago. Salary $6 million. Which is fine if your Lee Majors, but does he earn it? Ryan Pickett of Green Bay will get $3.5 mil. B.J.Raji outperforms K-Will bigtime and he gets $6.6 million. Israel Idonije of the Bears will get $2.5 million. Tip your cap to K-Will’s agent, he outsmarted Spielman and we are all paying the price!

59. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

And what the heck was Abdullah thinking!

60. By absaroka2 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Ah,yes Ponder! You did great! A rookie against SB winners and with a couple breaks–we could have beat them! Just one thing Ponder, Try & straighten out those throws so they are quicker. Those lobs gave them too much time. We need better pass coverage— thats why Rodgers had such a great completion average. Go Ponder, take the Vikes to the promised land!

61. By Mike B. on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

We need a blue chip WR to keep from beating Harvin to an early retirement. A good back up RB would help keep him healty too.

62. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Question for y’all…. Now that McDizzle is benched, does he get paid less? Or does he get full salary riding the planks?

63. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

There is a learning curve for our QB-and I think he will be great. There’s also a learning curve for a head coach to see what it takes to win games. I will continue to give Frasier the nod-he did bench McNaab. hopefully he will keep other underachievers on a short leash and give others a chance to show what they’ve got.

64. By CaL on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

We can stop the run but can’t stop the pass, reality is this is a passing league and all the teams we lose to have QB’s and WR’s that burn us cuz we’re so weak in the backfield. We may have to put Jared in @ CB lol, that’s how bad the backfield is.

65. By CanadianVF on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I have said it before and I will say it again we need to go for a talented deep threat at wide reciever in the first round, we still have not replaced Sidney Rice and we have to do that. I know everyone is dumping on our O – line but I do not think it is as bad as everyone seems to think it is. This week everyone wanted to get rid of Sullivan and Loadholt. They both are in their second year, they need time to develop.

66. By Cheeseheads Unite on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Turning on each other already? Twoodsnvike, almost doesn’t cut it. That’s like bragging that you ALMOST slept with the hottest chick in town. In the end, you were dissapointed. Now your team is 1-6 and the fingers are really gonna start pointing. Before I go, I got a finger I would like to point at you. Just use your imagination. Bye!!

67. By Arrow86 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

E.J. Henderson will get $4.7 million. He has worked tremendously hard to rehabilitate from a painful and could have been career ending injury. I want to ask who amongst us has ever heard him mentioned among Clay Mathews Jr. Or Lance Briggs? Matthews will make $1.75 million this year, Briggs will light up anything coming over the middle in Chicago for $4.5 million.

Greg Camarillo, yes, Greg Camarillo. Whether it is his fault, or just the poor coaching of the Vikings, he is rarely used aside from special teams. Salary $1.9 million. Not bad, and he does catch the ball when it is thrown to him. But here is a comparison Jordy Nelson will make $1 million this year. The Bears recievers with the exception of Hester all qualify for subsidized housing.

68. By Mike B. on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I am not sure Berrian is out, but definately down. I think he would still most of his salary if they cut him now. That would force the team to bring the CFLer from the practice squad. I am not sure the team will want to put themselves in that place. I don’t see any free agents other than OL and maybe CBs now will get a look this year.

69. By Tom on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Vikings fans….I am a Seminole and Packers fan. I watched CP his whole career and he is one tough, extremely smart and pretty accurate QB. A high character guy on top of it. I started following these boards after he was drafter and saw a lot of doubt about him, but I honestly think he will turn out to be a great franchise QB for you and I am definitely a lot more worried about you guys in the future with him! Look forward to many years of Rogers/Ponder duels……

70. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Frazier…

71. By Arrow86 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

@Cheeseheads unite:

Be careful, people who use that finger have to aspire to attain that I.Q. score! But I guess your just another classless fool, who probably has poor hygiene and no friends. Keep living off of the Packs success to make your own life have any purpose. G.F.Y. Cheeseguy!!!!

72. By Garrett on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Ponder did great. It was his receivers and the offensive line that didn’t help him. The defense is what really aggravates me. Great against the run but terrible against the pass. What gives!

73. By Mike B. on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

@VegasVike I believe he gets his 5M as a guarantee as he would have made a bunch more riding the pine in Washington. Assuming they wouldn’t have cut him. That was likely.

74. By san jo vike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Instead of kidney stones its cheese stones! Green bay has the worst uglyest jerseys like throw up colors If they protect Mr.Mcnabb. go purple poeple eaters II

75. By san jo vike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Mcnabb would do better if they protect em offence line and use webb has a reciever wake up les!!!!!

76. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

It would not hurt my feeling at all if BB sat on the bench from this point forward- he is not a team player-he is a tweeter!

77. By CaL on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

looking forward to ponders progress through the remaining season, but we are in rebuilding mode good thing AP is locked up. few teams have a RB like All Day if we can just find someone to do the same @WR via 2012 draft.

78. By san jo vike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Gb sucks and there jerseys! Vike life por vida mas baby!!!!no matter what i love my m.v. hope they move to minnepollis

79. By Mike B. on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

@San Jo Vike If they converted Webb to WR now they would have to find a 3rd string QB. They drafted him as a WR, but he’s no the Blue chip WR. I think he could fill in for Harvin now that Harvin is hurt. Those are the type of plays Webb would be good at. He could do a HB pass too.

80. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Ponder may have single-handedly kept the Vikings in Minnesota. IN PONDER WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

81. By CaL on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

jennings makes a catch but that’s not the prob. it’s the CB n Safeties who act like they forgot how to tackle, Is somebody putting baby oil on their gloves cuz u cant possibly suck that bad

82. By Cheeseheads Unite on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

G.f.y u p.o.s.

83. By Brad on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I have to admit, I think that is the first time since 2009 that I actually enjoyed watching the Vikings again. Thanks to Ponder and co. That is true though they need to put Webb in as WR because him coming in for QB,if he does, is not really changing to much.

84. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Thanks Mike B, the pay structure of the NFL baffles me. I know they sacrifice life and limb to become millionaires but I don’t understand why someone would continue to get paid the big bucks but not earn them.

85. By san jo vike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Gay bay packers and parot nose rodgers!

86. By Woodboat on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Jeff From Alabama….

Yeah, AP got some runs in that last drive… and didn’t get it done because they weren’t going to let Peterson beat them. I don’t think you can point the finger at Ponder on not getting it done… how many 3rd and longs does he need to convert (with Woodson draped all over his receivers) to get your vote? :) The coaches blew that series.

On third and 10 was when they needed to decide they were in 4 down territory. Instead of trying for all 10 yards on 3rd down, go for a quick slant for 5 yards…. if they get the YAC, great… if not you are in a managable down-and-distance. Obviously our staff has way more confidence in our defense than they should…

87. By Brad on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Fudge Packers still stink like s@#$, LOL Oh by the way,whoever that was that got kick in the b a l l s deserved every bit of it by Robison. The dang fudge packager instigated the whole thing. LOL

88. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Frazier presser…Before I get started, can someone order me a Quarter PONDER with cheese and some fries- and hold the McNAABets!

89. By Twoodsnvikes on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

They wouldn’t need to find a 3rd string QB if Webb moved to WR due to the new rules under the new CBA he could still take over as Qb if something happened to our first 2 even after playing WR

90. By san jo vike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Number #7 fits good for Ponder! better then t.j?

91. By Arrow86 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Ponder was great better than I could have hoped. Continued success to him. I think he’ll fill the leadership drain that the Vikings have had among the players. Mark Sanchez gets a lot of credit for being that kind of player for the Jets.

Frazier….O.M.G! Yes 4th and 10 is no piece of cake. But punting it back to Aaron Rodgers. Way to be bold, man. I’m glad I didn’t waste my money to have it come down to your decision making ability.

92. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I don’t think Webb would be the answer at WR- he is not a good route runner. They just need to utilize him better, in time I think that will come.

93. By san jo vike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Powder Ponder lol

94. By san jo vike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Ponder and Peterson Purple Pond!!!!

95. By san jo vike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Thats sick puple pond #28#7 i love my purp’s!

96. By mikebrown on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

be right back gonna go take a dump on the fudge packers site……………

97. By Arrow86 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

2012 Draft:

Vikings pick 1st round: O.Tackle
    2nd round: Safety or corner
    3rd round: Linebacker
    4th round: Another O-lineman
    5th round: Another corner or safety
    6th round: Another O-lineman
    If they get the #1 overall pick, trade it to someone who wants Luck. We found our QB today!

What we don’t need: Another offensive weapon. We have enough when we protect our QB and give our backs a hole to run through.

98. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

It’s great to have hope and pride in our team again. Fraizer is slow to turn but it looks like things are starting to shape up. McN? Out… BB? Out… Now let’s get Webb more involved somehow and that STUD Sherrels. Remember the movie The Untouchables? I bet the pack is feeling “touchable”

99. By mikebrown on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

so at last they start to get things straight

100. By mikebrown on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

mark my words next year the fudge packers will be sent packing

101. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

It’s no use mike brown, there is no action over there. Either they have no true fans or they’re all out at the alternative lifestyle bars

102. By mikebrown on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

allen played good, robbison played good, by far the best vikes game so far in the season, the second coming on purple j esus

103. By Justin F on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Saints slaughtering the Colts 62 -7….and it is the beginning of the 4th quarter. Biggest blo wout I’ve ever seen.

104. By mikebrown on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

vegasmike, you are right, i looked for a place to post there was no blog up yet

105. By mikebrown on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

@justin F lol, but if I were the saints I would be carefull, someday manning may be under center playing the saints, and you can just imagine what he will do then

106. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Ya I’m not sure they have Internet intel in wussconsin yet. 62 points???

107. By Viking Joe on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

People forget that the Packers stunk in the 70’s and 80’s, the Vikings rarely had consecutive losing seasons. Ponder will have growing pains, but all in all he impressed me today. I believe he is the Vikings starting QB for years to come.

108. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

62 points…..? That’s not the loss of Manning

109. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Great job CP!! Thanks for giving us fans hope!!!!!!

110. By VegasVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I agree Joe there is no reason for suck for Luck. I wonder if Indy understands that getting Luck is not a matter of most points against?

111. By Viking-ology on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

My last post- Ponder made a great first impression-he has heart and the will to win…SKOL Vikings! Peace

112. By ndpurple on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

It was fun to watch the Ponder era begin, and fun to see the first play go deep-why didn’t we see that more often on first down? At least to keep the defens e honest? kind of feel back to the unltra-conservative play calling at times today-especially after the 2nd pick (poor throw but I think Ponder’s potential is endless).

I think that, for how many starters we were down, that the secondary didn’t play too badly today (except for the obvious broken coverage). Think of the times when Rodgers had several seconds to look through all of his options, and could not find the 3rd or 4th options. But I do agree with others that want a DB drafted-we really need an impact safety who can cover. Sanford may be that player, but he has yet to show great coverage skills. And Cook-let him rot. Idiot. We also need to replace aging defenders (love E.J. but he is aging and has trouble covering in today’s game). And when was the last time anyone saw Kevin Williams make a big play, or any impact play. We could as well line up E. Griffen beside him to see what will happen. Ced is not 100%-it has hardly been 1 year since his 2nd ACL in a year.

113. By CanadianVF on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Once again Purple J esus is unbelievable. I believe 4 packer defenders tried to stand him up and deny him breaking the plane of the goal line when he scored and they couldn’t do it!!!!! AP we are not worthy of your greatness!

114. By Toney on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

My Purple bro’s and sis’s.
    The real problem with our Vikes is the coaching staff.
    We are so scared of losing we can’t win for losing
    They have no heart, They don’t know their personal or is blind
    The O line sucks they did better today but they still suck.
    only 1 deep pass, no draw plays, or screens. They can’t adjust during a game
    So sorry in coaching NO HEART SORRY GAME PLAN ON DEFENSE

115. By jdude on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

This guy looks like the 2009 Brett Favre. Way to go Ponder.

116. By Shawn on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Well guys … I think we all feel good about Ponder growing into a good QB. I have read most posts and I think everyone see’s the same issues. Id like to add one more problem, this is not going to be a popular issue but its an issue non the less

Sorry but … EJ Henderson has lost a step and can not cover the middle of teh field the way a MLB needs to in the tampa 2. I know someone else mentioned it befor me. So I dont want to take credit for this idea but I cant remember who it was.

Chicago runs cover 2 and has Urlacher in the middle

Tampa had Derrick Brooks

EJ still stuffs the run but just isnt as fast or quick after the broken leg ….

117. By Shawn on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Nova said it right … 27 point should be enough to win any game

OUR DEFENSE SUCKS ….

We need at least 1 safety … 1 corner … a MLB

and Im going to say we need 2 CBs because Chris Cook isnt reliable / team player

and Winfield will be 35 next season … Asher Allen has to be the easiest guy in the NFL to throw on

and Ced Griffen hasnt recovered …. wow do we need 3 CBs?

118. By Shawn on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

OK final answer ….

Vikings need

2 – OL

3 – DBs

1 – WR

1 – MLB

119. By CanadianVF on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

@ Shawn, I think I agree with you. When you watch a lot of the underneath stuff on the replays, you usually see E J trailing the reciever who has made the catch.

120. By John on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

The Viking Org. needs to start building around ponder w/ lineman picks, and safeties, corners through 2012 picks. Jettison dead weight and challenge the coaching staff in developing mental toughness. Let’s start being the Norsemen of the North once again – since Purple People Eaters.

121. By Toney on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Also the only good decision they made was to bench BB, he is a cancer to the team.
    He was benched we won, played we lost, benched almost won (sorry coaching lost this one) and I want Frasier to do good for us but I don’t think he’s not such a good head coach, but i hoping that he gets it together. we need more Rudolph

All said We had the defending Champs on the rope and could not put them away. We couldn’t stop the run when needed. But look at the bright side
    1st year head coach, good rookie QB A beast at running back, A beast At defense end, a great slot rec, we have some bright spots But the coaching needs to get it toghter and fast.

122. By Shawn on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Canadian VF … yea its too bad because EJ is one of my personal favorites but I have noticed it the last few games where a TE just beats him

123. By norseforce63 on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I prefer watching Ponder learn and improve even if the Vikes lose than some has-been QB just trying to get a check (yes, I mean you, Donovan.) I see a lot of potential in ponder, and he was fun to watch.

124. By Shawn on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

@Toney .. Id say the defense specifically Chris Cook lost this game. We scored 27. That should equal a win … Aaron Rodgers at one point was 14-14 I think it was. 10 of them to Asher Allens guy …

125. By CanadianVF on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Shawn , is Jasper the guy they are grooming to replace him, but he is out for the season?

126. By Shawn on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Yea he was … and yea he is. jasper wasnt a cover guy either though … the year he played they always pulled him for pa-ssing downs

Jasper is another heavy hitting run stuffer

127. By jp on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

when are we going to convert Webb into a WR OR CB? we need one blue chip WR to stretch the field, a couple of solid OL, and a physical secondary that can cover.

128. By Titus on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Okay, well we will revenge this loss at Green Bay in three weeks– how sweet it will be to win at Lambeau and hand Green Bay their first loss.

129. By Shawn on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Dont get me wrong the other positions are a higher priority … fixing the safeties and working Erin Henderson in on pa-ssing downs could help protect EJ for another year

130. By Shawn on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Titus … It might be 2 soon for some :)

131. By CanadianVF on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I am so disapointed in Cook, he was finally getting adjusted to playing in the NFL and now this. Considering this is an area of weakness, we just did not need this, a serious setback. Peace out.

132. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Is this pathetic, or what………By cpz on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply
    Another problem with this site is that the curser does not move when you try to move it up/back/whatever with the arrows to correct something earlier in the post. Which makes it impossible to fix anything without backspacing all the way and retyping the whole thing. no thanks…….Don’t you hate that when it happens?…..Call your local service provider….

133. By Shawn on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

lol or you could just point and click …

134. By Shawn on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Its hard to believe we are ranked 14th in Defense YPG … could you imagine the frusteration of the fans for 17 teams below us.

135. By jman on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Shawn our defense sucks because were missing Chris Cook.

136. By Titus on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

I think there are 32 teams Shawn.

137. By Shawn on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Titus … Yea I recognized the bad math aftrer the fact. ;)

138. By Titus on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Funny Shawn, I waited a couple hours, because I thought it might be too soon. It was too soon for me. Actually, I am sad to say I don’t think we will make the playoffs– although you never know.

139. By Parody on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Let’s not pass judgement on Cook so early. This is just a setback for him in what was already a lost year for the team. We gave Everson Griffen a second chance, and now he’s a productive backup to our starting D-Line. I think our coaches can convince Cook to straighten out his act. He has the skills to be a productive starting CB for us.

140. By Parody on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

On another note, I think the coaches are starting to show some creativity in their use of personnel. Guion checked in on offense a couple times to block for the goal line group. I just hope that they can use the same kind of creativity to get guys like Webb and Gerhart more involved. It would be nice to see them call some more plays that target Rudolph too. These are all guys with special talent that can really improve our team if the coaches start coordinating plays around them.

141. By Titus on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Next week- Battle of the Rookies.

142. By vikingblood on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

game was closer than i predicted ponder gives viking fans some hope for the future.I will take a big brain over a big arm any day,he doesnt even know it but he made eveyone on the offence play better and harder all this with backup linemen in the game. i just wish he had dumped ball off to AP on 3rd and 10 for a 5 yard gain maybe fraizer would have gone for it.Not happy with chad greenways play this year, with so many holes on the def.you would hope that he would rise up and lead like allen, oh well he got paid though didnt he.Like i said last week vikings are in full re-build mode i dont think they even know where to start,ther are 8 or 9 guys that need to go you know who they are, no passion for the game unwilling to compete, they just kill the vikings every week cant coach em cant win with em ( who said that ?) in the event that ponder doesnt progress the remainder of this year( i think he will though) just for the heck of it , who out there thinks bill belicheck would trade tom brady for AP and a # 2 pick? or do the vikings try to win the andrew luck bowl. ponder that

143. By klwedge on Oct 23, 2011 | Reply

Very impressed with pounder his first game was unforgettable the team played like they were in the playoffs the best game ive seen in a long time
    hands down only if pounder started at first we wouldnt be 1-6.McNabb you destroyed our season thanks to fazire. well weve got our QB problem fixed now its time to weed the garden of our weeeknesses we can still get a wild card im not quiting on my team….Pounder , Peterson an Allen dont quit either…

144. By Titus on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

Who is Pounder? Someone lose a dog?

145. By DuaneN on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

It’s frustration Shawn.

RB’s are a dome a dozen vikingblood. That trade would never happen. If you have a great QB you don’t need a great RB.

Trading AP or Harvin is a bad idea though. Vikings are still a dome team, the defense will never be good enough. Our only chance is firepower. A genius coach wouldn’t hurt though. We need more weapons so AP can dominate.

Really sick of the D not stopping the run at the end of games.

146. By Matt on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

Ponder put up 27 points without Harvin and Rudolph for most of the snaps – that’s some impressive stuff. Crossing my fingers that this kid is the real deal.

Vikes’ needs:
    1. WR
    2. Safety
    3. CB
    4. O-Line
    5. Linebacker
    6. D-Line

147. By viking91 on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

i think we oughta trade cedric griffin, abdullah, and allen(not jared). plug in raymond, cook, winfeild, johnson, and draft/trade some backup db’s. OL would help out a lot too.

148. By DelawareDan on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

I saw one play. Ponder rolls to his right, hits a receiver in the numbers on the sideline for a first down in the fiirst quarter. That play put McNabb in the grave.

I’m also glad Frazier had the guts to scratch Berrian.

Maybe there is hope for this team!

149. By Ohio viking on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

It was nice to see the energy that Ponder brought to the field. He made some mistakes but that goes with the territory for a rookie quarterback being put in a tough situation. The O seemed alot different. Mcnabb should have been benched a few games ago. Maybe not even the starter.
    Still the corner backs are pathetic. And the linebacker play was lathargic at somepoints. As when Henderson couldn’t cover there TE on the TD in the 4th.
    9 penalties for 90+ yards is unacceptable at any level of play.
    A loss is a loss but atleast they looked somewhat more competitive on offense and as a whole team.

150. By deer tracks on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

Mike: It was 4th and 10, NOT 3rd and 10..Score was 33–27, not 17..Now where was Joe webb and the Wildcat play on that 4th and 10? Why didn’t Gutless Frazier bot go for it on 4th and 10 with under 2 mintues? tELL ME, is Joe Webb going to be thrown to the Ash heap, like some of the oyher good Viking players?

One other thing, keep McNab away from Ponder…

151. By deer tracks on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

Forgive me for the misspelled things, a bit angry after yeterdays game.. Ponder is the REAL thing, but knowing Frtazier, he will most likely put that worthless McMis Fire back in as qb…

152. By sandiamond on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

Loss next week and we are back in the LUCK hunt. Oakland gave up all early draft picks next year for Palmer and Pryor. Having Luck on the team would take care of the QB position for the rest of this decade. Much rather have Luck and Ponder than Palmer and Pryor. Something to think about…

153. By mikebrown on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

its the second coming of cool joe…joe montana

154. By NJViking on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

The wins may not be there this year, but I agree with everyone that regardless of the outcome, it’s a million times more entertaining to watchthe offense with Ponder in there running it now. Was it my imagination or did our receivers actually seem to get great separation and Ponder was able to identify them? I know Ponder thru two ints but those guys were in the open. With more game experience he’ll hit those guys. a The OL actually played alot better compared to last week, even though the Packers were geared up to stop AP. Hopefully they can keep Ponder on his feet for the rest of the year. The other guy who showed alot of heart was Everson Griffin. Did they actually play him at DE? He’s faster than our LBs – luv to see if can we stand him up. The dude has wheels! I know Greenway had 5 tackles, but considering Singletary is a coach, is that the best our LBs can play? I never used to worry about our LBs, but I have second thoughts now after yesterday’s performance. In any event, can’t wait to watch next week’s game.. GO VIKES!

155. By sandiamond on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

The kid is unreal! P. Manning like as a rookie for sure. Next year we could see Luck coming in for Ponder around week 6 also…. how ironic

156. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

@Cheeseheads Unite: before you go counting your 7-0 chickens, take a look at the quality of the eggs that those chickens came from.

157. By Touchdown on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

Aaron Rodgers didn’t play as well as I thought he would. Granted, I only saw the fourth quarter and didn’t see the dreaded 4th quarter but, Rodgers when they needed him to make a play he didn’t. I just wish when your down by 6 and it’s up to your D to make a stop and you have one of the best running Defenses in the NFL why can’t we stop the run on 3rd and long?!! I know we were expecting pass but can someone tackle please. We need our clutch tackling to improve. But Ponder did well and our 4th quarter team nearly came together. Just wish I could’ve seen the first half. And I wanted to see Jared Allen r*pe Aaron Rodgers!!!!!!

158. By sandiamond on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

No much this year out of Sherels on PR/KR with a costly mistake yesterday. D.Raynard and that dude from last year makes this position a weak link now for several years. What can we do to improve ST’s

159. By hippster on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

when I shut the door to the truck after another horrable start of the second half to take my buddy who is a GB fan elk hunting.I thought to myself great another blow out. he was giving me a hard time .so I took him on a walk he wont soon forget .when I watched the game later that night and saw that we were in it at the end and we did’nt just cave in or get blown out I felt a little bad for my buddy na not really PONDER GIVES US HOPE .its about time

160. By 61vikings on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

@ jman
    are you kidding me? Chris Cook doesn’t even belong in the NFL!! He’s a thug!! The guy we miss on defense is Antoine Winfield!! Only Jared Allen is better on defense than Winfield

161. By Hothosue on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

All I was looking for was a satisfactory job by CP and I think he did that and more. Nice to know we finally have a future HOF and he is our QB. He reminds me of Fran the man Tark. Good quickness and good wheels. Now is the time to look at building our OL, DB’s and a couple of Linebackers. Oh and one exceptional WR. Things are looking up guys and gals. Wish next weekend was hear already. Go Vikes!!!!!!

162. By 61vikings on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

I think had we started Ponder day one, the Vikes would be either 4-3 or 5-2!! It’s amazing what happens to the offense when you can throw the ball as well!! AP goes off for 175 yards!! Great job Ponder!! Just goes to show you, it takes more than talent to play QB in the NFL!! You have to have brains and be able to read defenses!!

163. By ponderpurple on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

Anyone see the replay of Robisons 15 yard penalty, he kicked someone in th ecup. Robison should be ejected from the NFL, this is about as low as you can go. Frazier – kick him off the team, I dont want my kids watching that kind of garbage

164. By LILAKTHEMENACE on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

hey at least we gave it our all im still a vikings fan threw in threw

165. By NJViking on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

Yeah I saw that Robison penalty. I don’t know what may have caused him to react like that, but we certainly can’t afford to give the other team’s offense free first downs with stupid personal fouls. Just play better defense and forget the bush-league fouls. Since we are 1-6, I wonder if they would experiment a little and have a guy like Everson Griffin stand up outside either Allen or Robison to rush the passer. Did anybody see that guy chased down Cobb on the sideline? Imagine what he would do to a QB, or at least open things up for Allen even more. Go Vikes!

166. By san jo vike on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

@cheeseheads usuck!

167. By B-Pro on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

It’s going to be a long season regardless who’s our QB. This week against Carolina will be no different. We will not stop the running game or Cam. He will have a huge day throwing the ball to his TE’s and Smith. They will have several huge plays both in the running game/passing game. Our offense will make their defense which is worst then ours look like the best thing since sliced bread.

168. By Frederick Jones on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

@Hothouse,

I agree almost totally with you.

I like the order you put the picks.

NOW someone needs to share this with the entire Front Office and Administration. YES, even tell the secretaries ! ! !

169. By NJViking on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

The fact that they didn’t just roll over when it got to 33-17 gave me a real boost. Look, we knew this team has alot of talent (and maybe coaching) deficiencies going into this season, but fans want to see heart and effort every second on every play. GO VIKES!

170. By Ponderific on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

Ponder showed much poise and promise in his first start especially against the unbeaten defending Super Bowl champions. It will be fun watching him lead the Vikes to victiories and hopefully a SB championship of our own.

We might well have beat the Pack if Abdullah had played his position and prevented the wide open 79 yd catch and jog TD.

Why did the ref call PI on Vikes DB when the GB receiver pushed off and then tripped and fell all by himself. Refs would not call PI or holding on Packers.

Vikes cannot stop the run when we need the ball back to try to win the game.

171. By GM on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

Vote for Ponder for play of the week

172. By Cheeseheads Unite on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

I’ll tell you what. It don’t matter the quality of the eggs. As long as the chickens are counted. So, that makes 7. 0 chickens lost. Don’t be mad.

173. By paul on Oct 24, 2011 | Reply

Ponder had a good day but A.P. played great, this guy’s a BEAST!

Harvin your a PUSSSY…

174. By Purplenurple4 on Oct 25, 2011 | Reply

Hey..cheese guy…how the undefeated badgers do?Could happen to you.

175. By Dave on Oct 25, 2011 | Reply

@ponderpurple
    Not gonna lie, i was dying when i saw robison kick that filthy packer in the cup. im gonna be honest, if it was the other way around i would have been mad but i was laughing. I hope that doesnt happen again otherwise i will be angry. Robison is showing ALOT of talent though. Hes giving allen more freedom with other teams counting all sides for the rush. Ever since edwards left, allens has been wiping his @$$ with opposing QBs. Robison has been getting action as well though. all in all our pass rush is dangerous and id like to keep it that way. At least he was at the game and not in jail -_-
    We need o-line DBs and a stellar WR. we will wreck foes
    SKOL!!!!!

176. By Purplenurple4 on Oct 26, 2011 | Reply

Robison was simply trying to ensure Lang’s offspring would be packer fans by stomping all the itellegence & integrity out of them at a VEEERRRRYY early age.

177. By Purplenurple4 on Oct 26, 2011 | Reply

Robison was simply trying to ensure Lang’s offspring would be packer fans by stomping all the intelligence & integrity out of them at a VEEERRRRYY early age.

178. By Purplenurple4 on Oct 26, 2011 | Reply

or maybe deep down he wants to be a punter!Long live Joey Browner!!!!!!!!