Expect Green Bay To Test Ponder By Bringing Pressure

Posted by Mike Wobschall on October 20, 2011 – 3:25 pm

During their Super Bowl-winning season in 2010 and through the first 6 games of the 2011 season, the Green Bay Packers have not struggled in pressuring opposing QBs. They ranked tied for 2nd in the NFL with 47 sacks last season and so far this season they have 15 sacks.

On Sunday, you can expect their ambitious, QB-chasing attitude on defense to kick up a notch. When defenses rush 5 or more defenders at the QB, it’s called bringing pressure. Defenses salivate at the opportunity to pressure inexperienced, young QBs, and that’s exactly the type of QB the Vikings will start on Sunday. Rookie Christian Ponder is making his first start, and the Vikings are certainly preparing for a pressure-happy Packers defense.

Vikings Head Coach will lean on his experience as an NFL defensive coordinator in providing input on how to prepare Ponder for his first career start.

“We always thought that we were going to see how they responded to pressure,” Frazier said when asked how he prepared for rookie QBs as a defensive coordinator. “That was the big thing, was to see how they responded with people in their face.

“I would imagine it’ll be the same way (on Sunday). He’s going to see a lot of different looks, he’ll see some pressures early, just to see how he responds. That’s the way we usually approach it, just to find out where he was mentally.”

Ponder provided a glimpse into how he might be handle pressure in last Sunday night’s game against the Chicago Bears. On a 4th and 10, the Bears pressured with LB Lance Briggs, who rushed through the A gap. He made it into the backfield unblocked, which forced Ponder to unload the pass early. Ponder threw a pass to the outside shoulder of TE Visanthe Shiancoe, which was the perfect spot because it prevented LB Brian Urlacher from making a play on the ball.

Those could be the kinds of plays Ponder is going to have to make on Sunday if the Packers get pressure happy and continuously send 5+ rushers.

Tags: , ,

149 Responses to “Expect Green Bay To Test Ponder By Bringing Pressure”

1. By Dionte on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

I believe ponder will respond and play well against green bay . I think the offense playing poorly has more to do with play calling and poor play from the o line than mcnabb but his play has left a lot to be desired ..

2. By Cheeseheads Unite on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Ponder may have a decent game, but the pressure Capers is gonna bring to Ponder will defenitly test his skills. Expect full on blitzes with Matthews leading the charge. I bet McNabb wishes he retired after last season. Maybe Ponder is the answer to your guy’s QB whoas. We’ll see. This will be an exciting game. Can’t wait. Good luck to our teams.

3. By Roninmn.. on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Wow, a packer fan with some class, that’s nice to see. There will be pressure, but Ponder will rise to the challenge. We need fire and brimestone from our defense.

4. By Kody Wiig on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Truthfully or qb play is what has made this season a bust if he would have just moved the ball in the second half of the games we would have started 3-0 that’s what good qb does makes plays nothing is ever gonna just go perfect mcnabb has just been terrible

5. By Dionte on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

@Cheeseheads unite – I believe you guys will send pressure early to see how ponder responds but with frazier being a defensive minded coach frazier has to be expecting that . That being said Ponder should be at least somewhat ready for it .

@roninmn – your right on with the defense I believe the key to the game will be the amount of pressure we put on rodgers. Last thing we need is for him to be comfortable in he pocket

6. By GM on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Expect Minnesota To Test Rodgers By Bringing Pressure

7. By GM on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Why does Yahoo have the Vikings depth chart with Harvin and Jenkins as first receivers and this site has Harvin and Berrian?

sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/min/depthchart

8. By tdurfeightyeight on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

There is that possibility that the change at q.b. will rejuvinate life into the rest of the team.Particularily Sullivan,C.Johnson,Griffen and our safeties need to step it up or sit the eff down.Ponder has the intelligience and the athletic ability to excell in this league,it’s up to the rest of the team to block and tackle better it’s as simple as that.Do the work you are being paid handsomely to do so.If we do that we can beat this team on Sunday,if not we will get killed.

9. By Justin F on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

At least Ponder can outrun Clay Matthews. But the problem is that blind side that Charlie Johnson is supposed to protect. If last week was any indication, Ponder better be aware of that side.

10. By Kevin WI on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

I think Ponder will have a fine game for his first start.Will he win? doubtful, but he CANNOT do any worse that his two predecessors. Favre in ’10 and McNabb in ’11 were god awful…some had to do with lack of quality receivers and no mobility to keep a play alive. Ponders legs solves some of that issue and he is way more accurate than McNabb.
    ….. I as a fan do not fear the GB defense……I do respect the GB offense though. Will be a good game either way….will enjoy watching the rookie play and see if there are signs of being the future of this great franchise.

11. By Calim on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

It’s such a nice thing to see a Packers fan on here who is not boasting because of the current situation of both teams.
    Anyway, about the article itself, it’s not going to be easy for Ponder if the Oline doesn’t step up its game. The receiving personnel could do its job well enough, particularly if Berrian is benched, but I wouldn’t count on that.
    Honestly, at that point, I’d just be satisfied with Ponder looking promising, the Vikings winning or only losing slightly (basically not doing what they did last year) and no injury to the team.

12. By Calim on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

About last year, I still believe Favre wasn’t that awful. He obviously wasn’t the same player as the year before, but the Oline wasn’t giving him any time, and he was credited with a lot on interceptions he was not responsible for.

13. By Viking Joe on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Win or lose it will be interesting to see how Ponder does.

14. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

What an epic battle. This should be a very good game. I fully expect the Vikings to win.

15. By Shawn on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

im thinking Viking win as well …

16. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

I am not predicting any big margin; it will be a tough match, like a heavyweight boxing fight. Vikings by two or three TDs at the most. AP for 200 yards.

17. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Expect Green Bay To Test Ponder By Bringing Pressure……It is eye-opening, breathtaking, surprisingly insightful headlines like these that will guarantee Wobschall a Pulitzer Prize in the next 15-20 centuries.

18. By Cheeseheads Unite on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Dionte, I’m sure Frazier will expect non stop blitzes, but Capers always has a way to counter what the other teams offense does. Kevin, I know our defense isn’t what it was last year, but I think we’ll get to Ponder quite a few times and make the throwing game tough for him. My concern really is with Peterson. Good game last time out. My other concern is with the secondary of the Pack. Really weak lately and giving up big yards. Should be an awesome game though. Gotta go Pack by 13. Welcome to the NFL Mr. Ponder.

19. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Cheeseheads Unite…..don’t worry about your secondary too much, just cover Berrian with a Gatorade bucket.

20. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Nova– I was thinking the same, but I am trying to be nice. As a writer, sometimes, I believe if I am overly critical of Mike W., I may reap what I sow. But, then again, I also know the only way to improvement is through peer pressure. Then again, and then again, I am not sure he is my peer.

21. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

That’s like saying Berrian is a peer of Jerry Rice.

22. By Shawn on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Packer D ranked 31st in pa-ss yards per game …. not as scary as the hype, lots of holes and opportunities for Ponder to shine

Statistically GB P3ckers have the 23rd Defense and the 31st against the pa-ss

23. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Or Titus is a peer of Nostradamus (I can’t be too nice, Titus).

24. By Shawn on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

uhh Nova have you forgotten Berrian is tied for 179th in the NFL for receptions with 7 and tied at 169th in Receiving yards with 91 ?

25. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Good one Nova– my predictions are about as accurate.

26. By DuaneN on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Doubt GB will go blitz happy. No need and it is too risky. Looks like Ponder can get the ball out fast when he needs to.

I expect a good game until the 4th quarter. 31-19 GB.

27. By ponderfan7 on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

the only team packers have beat tht are play off contenders are the saints so idk what packers are doing there schedule is easy i expect a vikings upset over the champs 6-1 after sunday

28. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

My bad Shawn !!! It’s time like these when I wish that I was a Hall Of Fame voter !!

29. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

*times

30. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

This game will be the best all season– until we go their house and finish the job, beating them at Lambeau– sweeping the cheese!!!

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I guarantee it!

31. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Shawn….do you think that by the end of the season he will have cracked the top 150?? Even without 100 other of the league’s receivers breaking their leg?

32. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

I am so excited I forgot a preposition– “to”

33. By Shawn on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Hmmm with Ponder at QB …. he might break 150 but no way he makes top 100 pa-ss catchers in the league

34. By ponderfan7 on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

with ponder at QB i don’t think berrian will hit 200yards cause ponder knows who can catch and he knows if he throws it too berrian hes not gonna get completions

35. By Shawn on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

top 100 pa-ss catchers right now have 15 catches …. thats a little less than a typical Berrian season

36. By GM on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Did anyone else notice how much Chicago’s O-line held our D-line without flags?
    It seemed a bit more excessive than what is usually allowed.

37. By Cheeseheads Unite on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

This will be a good test for Ponder. But I think Matthews will put him to the groun more than once. Looks to be a good game. But I think with the lack of experience from Ponder and your D trying to stop Rodgers, the Pack will win this game. Not a blowout, but a win nonetheless. Your team is hungery, no question, but you really need a mistake free A+++ game from your team to beat the Packers.

38. By Shawn on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

i had a site that was awesome advice for Ponder but because Ponder has a bad word first name i cant post the link ….

the title was advice for Ponder …

and the article was one sentence with a vid clip loop of Berrian dropping that pa-ss against the bears

and the line was avoid this guy

39. By Shawn on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

@Cheeseheads …. fair enough thats a honest evaluation from what appears to be a out of state packer fan, wisconsin packer fans are A-Holes

40. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Packers are a bit overrated. Yes, they are a better team than many, but seriously– in three quarters at Lambeau against the Rams, they scored 3 points. That tells me something. If not for the second quarter, what did GB’s offense do? They will be 11-5 at best. And they experience their first loss in about 69 hours– how sweet the “lowly” Vikes humiliate the mighty CheeseStrings.

41. By ponderfan7 on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

OK Mathews has 2sacks and allen has 9.5 whos more scarier? i think Mathews gets 1against ponder and it will be the only sack for the packers im not worried about Mathews he hasn’t been getting any pressure

42. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Cheeseheads unite– what is hungery? Are you trying to spell the counrty? It has an “a” at the end– Hungary.

43. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

“With a new QB at the helm, it’s certainly reasonable to anticipate an uptick in production.”……A quote from Wobschall on the other blog. This from a guy who has stated repeatedly that McGagg was not the problem. His hypocrisy knows no bounds. He should have been a politician, going in whichever direction the wind blows.

44. By VegasVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

The Vikings are a Minnesota team… Cheesehead, thanks for showing class in your writing. You are the first rival to blog that deserves respect. Good luck to your team as well.

45. By VegasVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Maybe the pack has peaked Titus. Leave it to them to copy the vikes by not scoring.

46. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Vegas, I sense a Cheesehead unite is subtly trying to jab us– read his (or her?) posts carefully. But not the typical cheesehead– maybe he comes from Milwaukee.

47. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Cheesehead, Vegas is right. Most of the GB trolls that come on here couldn’t spell “cat” if you spotted them the “c” and the “a”. Then they scurry back to their swamps, hoping they left some of their disease-ridden fleas on our site.

48. By VegasVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Sticks and stones may break my bones but mis spelled bloggers will never hurt me. Cheesehead has my benefit of the doubt, I can turn like a rabid Doberman in a heartbeat.

49. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Vegas– are you related to Sonja?

50. By Mike B. on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Looking for that Big win with Dome cooking. Goo Vikings. Time to turn this ship in the right direction. Go Ponder. Metrodome is going to rock.

51. By VegasVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Arf 

52. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Problem is half the dome will have cheeseheads.

53. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

STAKE HALF THE DOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

54. By billbobagons on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Why are the Vikings so afraid to start the young guys at 1-5. How are the going to learn if they do nt play. Maybe we will loose or maybe we will win a few more games with the young guys. Either way we win if they play good there on there way for next year with some game experience. If they do bad we know what other positions we need to draft and we get lower draft picks. Seams like a win win situation.

55. By billbobagons on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

It is so nice to see Ponder starting(even though McNabb can still play but bad he forgot to say that) he is the future of this team. Lets hope Frazier can also see that Griffin gets beat on almost every passing play and you have Sherels, Allen and Burton on the bench and we are 1-5 wow? The O line is not very good and Spilman talked about how he stole Love and Fusco in the draft because they had second round talent but the sit on the bench to. They talk about all Joe Webb’s talent and he is what a QB or receiver going to waiste. So at 1-5 lets take a look at a few other position to so we know what to draft next year with all are low picks.

56. By TheRealDon on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

As a vikings fan you got to love Titus..No fear..lol..got to love him..every week no matter what team..the vikings will win..

57. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

It’s almost the same case as you have to be nice to mentally challenged people.

58. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Titus, sorry, I couldn’t resist.

59. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Nova, you just reminded me of the news out of Philadelphia– that is sickening.

60. By Frederick Jones on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

2004 Was the worst draft in Vikings, if not NFL history.
    2005 was 2nd worst in Vikings history.
    2006 was a great draft, but Marcus Johnson was the only OL picked.
    Cedric Griffin is the only DB remaining from 2003-2007. He’s had 3 years to prove himself, and hasn’t.
    2007 was a great draft, however NO Offensive Linemen were selected and only one DB (Mike Macauley, who never even started a game for MN)

Total Offensive LInemen drafted 2003 to 2007: TWO, none remain on roster
    Total Defensive Backs taken 2003 to 2007: 5 only one remains on roster
    Cedric “Cornbread” Griffin

Your wonderful FRONT OFFICE is mostly to blame.

Perhaps all we need is NEW SCOUTS. :)

61. By Cheeseheads Unite on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Thanks guys. Titus, you’re wrong buddy. Just trying to show good sportsmanship and class on your site. Obviously you’re taking it the wrong way. Oh well. Sorry you feel that way. To everyone else, I appreciate the respect. The Packers are still gonna win, but it will be a tough win. Now don’t read into this too much Titus. Besides, if I was too throw anything, it would be a knockout punch, not a jab.

62. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Cheeseheads I appreciate your civility, for sure — I am just having fun. At the end of the day, football is not my life– far from it. I sure am a fan, but I do not cry when we lose– I go on and live my life. SO, take what I say in a teasing way– it’s just a game– people are starving, in wars, etc–

63. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

It still will be so sweet to see the Pack lose the first time this year to a 1-5 team.
    GO VIKES!!!

64. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Titus, whats this about Philly? I’ve not seen a lot of news today, just Gaddafi.

65. By Frederick Jones on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

By Frederick Jones on Mar 12, 2011 | Reply

@James,

Adrian Peterson had 1298 yards last year with perhaps the worst offensive line in the NFL. That’s the only possible reason he made the Pro Bowl, because they knew the Vikings offensive line was so bad.

Dear Titus and Mike B.,

Note the date above and the fact I was crying for a high pick or free agent for the OFFENSIVE LINE back on March 12th. That is about TWO MONTHS before
    the draft.

Perhaps I am ahead of the gang when it comes to the VPs of Nosepicking, or the Armchair Quarterbacking Viking Scouts. These guys have a job to do, they cannot be like the AVERAGE FAN !

WAKE UP VIKING FANS…IT’S NOT JUST THE QB, OR COACHES. THERE ARE A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO PICK THE TALENT (and often they are picking their noses).

66. By Frederick Jones on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

SCOUTS, VICE PRESIDENTS, PERSONNEL MANAGERS, CONSULTANTS.

GET AFTER THESE PEOPLE. N O W ! ! !

:( :( :( :( :(

67. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Titus, I just read it…..brutal.

68. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Nova, some things are pure evil, no other explanation– you can’t blame that on having a poor childhood.

69. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Fred– okay, okay, you were right. I never disagreed with you– I always supported you– a good O Line is foundational to all success– no question.

70. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Bring back Steussie and Birk

71. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Since Vikings traditionally go retro, why don’t we sign Jerry Rice and Cris Carter. Then hire Bud Grant for coach. Herschel Walker to back up Adrian.

72. By VegasVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Drop Hershel and put in Darrin

73. By purplehorn on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Every Sunday is a new year for Vikings fans. If the defense plays like they did against the Eagles last year, we can beat the Packers. If Rodgers comes out on fire, the game is over. I’m watching only to see “Fran” Ponder play. No worries Fran, we suck so far, so go out and kill-em…….

74. By VegasVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

I want to buy a Fiat!!

75. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Vegas– you saw the commercial, didn’t you?

76. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

As long as the driver comes with it, I will buy one.

77. By KLAWZ on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Well…..glad Ponder has some wheels, he is going to need them………cause our O-Line is straight up sorry!

78. By VegasVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Yes I’ve seen many of them, Hispanic women are the most beautiful.

79. By VegasVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

CP move like M I C K Jagger!

80. By VegasVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Blog won’t let you say “M I C K”

81. By Cheeseheads Unite on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

The Vikes have nothing to lose, so you know they’ll come out throwing everything at the Packers. No doubt Rodgers is gonna come out on fire. Five games with 300+ yards and 2 or more TD’s. He comes out on fire every game. I expect Peterson to have a lot of carries do to Ponders lack of experience. We’ve had a little trouble wrapping up players and they break for big yards. All in All, we’ll have to wait in see.

82. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Cheeseheads Unite– get your hanky out, you will need it when you are sobbing Sunday evening. Packers will lose. This is not a guess, or prediction, or hunch, or estimation, or bravado. I guarantee it.

83. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Cheeseheads, the warranty on that guarantee has already expired.

84. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

1;30 here, take care, folks.

85. By VegasVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

CHEESEHEADS is a true pack fan, I can tell by all the mis spelled words. No offense, but Minnesota has a higher standard of education

86. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

HA HA HA HA HA HA– Vegas.

87. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Nova, on the other hand–not so funny.

88. By VegasVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Goodnight all

89. By Purple05 on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Ponder is super mobile…which will help the offensive line unless of course…the Packers contain him. A Qb in his mid-late 30s will always struggle behind a suspect line. Ponder should be able to move around, avoid the rush and make plays. We’ll see though, he also has to read coverage

90. By Frederick Jones on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Titus,

Thank you. You are the positive guy while most of us are quite negative.

Hopefully somehow we’ll start to win some games with Ponder leading the way.

Tommy Kramer led the Vikings to four TDs in a backup role when he was a rookie filling in for Fran Tarkenton, when Tark broke his leg.

You never can tell.

91. By Garrett on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

How many of you have seen the discount double check commercial with rodgers….i love the packer fan at the end…typical cheese head haha

92. By john on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

vikings 27 packers 24…upset of the week

93. By Cesar on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

I’m rooting for my guy Ponder! I cant wait to see him, i hope he does well

94. By Cesar on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

I hope in next years draft we get a WR to help Ponder or a LT

95. By Mike B. on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Those cheeseheads smells like bad cheese. Go Vikings Barrrooohhh

96. By sandiamond on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Fred, SCOUTS, VICE PRESIDENTS, PERSONNEL MANAGERS, CONSULTANTS are all under contract for the season or permanent hires. Overhaul is needed and agreed, should happen in Jan

97. By sandiamond on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

America’s Game of the Week on Fox national spotlight again for the vikes and rookie QB Ponder. Will need help from the Def and Dome noise!

98. By Rocksalt on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

With our pourous secondary, we wil be lucky to keep this game within 2 scores.

99. By Joner on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Totally agree with Rocksalt on this one. Good news with Clifton being out though as Allen will warrant double teams all day so should allow Robison or a LB to break free a few times

100. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

AAAHH!! What’s that talk about Walker and Darrin? You want to talk about bringing someone back for a backup, talk Robert Smith, 2nd best RB in Vikings history and not as old as those other guys :D

101. By Jeffbleedspurple on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

A pleasent Cheesehead! either the world is coming to an end or he is a closet case Ponder fan. One of the two.

102. By Ricky on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Deach Coach Frazier,
    I want to beat Green Bay down! My dad would be so mad – get after Green Bay good! Beat em! I’m done, I’m finished, caboose! Kick their butts! I’d done with Green Bay! I’m finished, I’m done! All my folks too!

Ricky

103. By lilak the menace on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

lets whip some ass vikings we got this i know we do lets do it

104. By Titus on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Packers know this will not be easy for them– they are not stupid. I expect them to come out with a great game plan and ready to play. On the other hand, they still look ridiculous in those uniforms. Vikings by 10.

105. By Titus on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

If the Rams could hold the Packer to 0 points for the whole second half at Lambeau, what can our D do at home with a resurgent offense led by a dynamic young QB and an exhilarating top of the line running back? Now, in all fairness I only saw a few minutes of the Rams game, so I don’t know the whole picture, but it seems the Pack only scored in the second quarter (except for 3 points in the first).

106. By VegasVike on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Plus Titus! There’s no need to put the brakes on!

107. By chris on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

lets punish the cheese heads and knock them off their pompous pedestal. im amazed the cheesetards are actually showing a tiny bit of class. it suprising they actually show some considering most of their fans have 4 teeth in their mouth and have at least one cross eyed child. lets kick some ass ponder, bring the purple rain, and lets get the viking ship back on track.

108. By DelawareDan on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Though I will be routing for Ponder and the Vikes, it will be ugly.

Pack 31 Vikes 10

109. By vikingbob136 on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

I am not sure what Titus is drinking but it must be some strong kool-aid.
    And the chosen one will lead us to a victory.Keep hope alive

110. By radzinwisconsin on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Drop Darrin Nelson and holla @ Leroy Hoard or better yet give me some Terry Allen anyday over Gerhart!! Another Speilman mistake

111. By BigPurpleCod on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Just recently I simulated this coming week’s game on Madden 12, which I am aware isn’t realistic. In this game, I only won because both AP and Gerhart had over 200 yards, and Booker had over 100. I also blitzed every single play, sacking Rodgers about 8 times. This may be our only hope to win, lol.

That being said, BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

112. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

How would you like to take Frazier’s job?

113. By Matthias on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

To be real, we probably are going to lose this game. The Vikings aren’t a playoff caliber team anymore, therefor we have to focus on rebuilding starting with our Oline…

@ Frederick Jones who would you pick next year???

Maybe these guys?

114. By Cheeseheads Unite on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Chris, the Viking ship will sink. Titus. I got my hanky out in case you need it. The Pack will win. There’s no way to stop Rodgers. Sorry Purple cod, but in reality your D won’t touch Rodgers. I gaurantee it. You guys will be kissing by Cheese curd. Enjoy the game gentlemen.

115. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Rodgers learned that hand motion by parting Clay Matthews hair when it got in the way.

116. By BE SANE AND SERIOUS on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Cheeseheads Unite– guarantee it? Seriously? Think originally. Try not to copy other bloggers, namely the great Titus. Rams are not a playoff caliber team– how do you explain that they held the cheesecurls to ZERO, read my lips– ZERO, NADA, ZIPPO,, ZILCH, points for the entire second half— at Lamboo? Huh? How is that? I believe the Vikings will keep the Pack scoreless most of the game. Vikings by 21.

117. By Rocksalt on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

BSAS please stop congratulating yourself……BTW your logic about Packers not scoring much on Rams in 2nd half…….so???? WHAT HAVE WE DONE IN 2nd HALF——-we haven’t exacly lit up the league………try and be realistic, man.

118. By BE SANE AND SERIOUS on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Rocky- — I thought we were on the same side of the battlefield. What is reality? I can choose to be pessimistic– what fun is that? I hold my head high and smile. It does not mean I am out of touch– just know not to fret over things I have no control over– that is unrealistic, in fact, it’s insanity.

119. By Titus on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Be Sane– so wise, so wise.

120. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Matthews just happens to be on his knees at the time.

121. By Titus on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Nova, was that during a game?

122. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

I believe they practice it a lot in the hotel room, Titus.

123. By Titus on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Anyway, I bought my chicken wings and hot sauce today– I am ready.

124. By E-Man on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

If the Vikes lose I can handle that. Ponders first game and all but I will say this if they play that guy named Berrian and he drops another perfectly thrown ball to him well if I was the coach I would walk right up to him and say that was the last ball you will ever seen thrown to you as Viking! Bye Bye Berrian! So if you happen to read this this little response of mine Berrian well all I have to say to you is start earning your money or please do use all a favor and get the h out of town, quit or find something else that you might be better doing for a living.

125. By NovaScotiaVike on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Which would be just about anything.

126. By Cheeseheads Unite on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Vikings by 21? Whose not SANE AND SERIOUS? Ponder is gonna be sitting on the ground more than standing in the pocket. I’m sure the Vikes will give the Packers all they got, but I doubt it will be enough. Packers by 13. And by the way, you guys have shown me much respect in here. Thank you. But it’s still Go Packers!!

127. By Cheeseheads Unite on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Titus. You know what would go good with the wings and sauce? Beer, brats and Cheese, lotsa & lotsa cheese!!

128. By Titus on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Cheeseheads Unite–you can keep your cheese. You will need it to help melt away your sorrows after the Vikings destroy the Pack. Allen will have 5 sacks and Robison 3 or 4.

129. By Matt on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Ponder and Rodgers will be scrambling a lot – expect to see more white guys running than the Twin Cities Marathon.

130. By packermom47 on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID.

131. By mcnabb5 on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

The reason the vikings are 1-5, is simple coaching. Although Mcnabb hasn’t played well consistently, he was not the problem. Musgrave called lousy plays. I’ve seen high school coaches call better games. If the play calling isn’t better on sunday, it will be a disaster.. The bears game wouldn’t have gotten out of hand if the defense wouldn’t have tackled or covered someone. Remember we just scored and then special teams failed. Game over! In each game, the weapons on offense weren’t utiliize properly. I hope they changed this for ponder, or you will see the same inability to move the ball. With all the talent on offense, they never spread out the defense.. how stupid. Mix it up please.. Its amazing how many football fans don’t know how important coaching is.. In this season you see it. 4 games leading by 20 or more at half, never making adjustments in the second half. Wow. Thats the reason the vikings are 1-5!

132. By Tykevike on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Cheeseheads Unite……..Ponder aint gonna be in the pocket at all ……hes gonna be running up the middle for 10 at a time, or running around the end for 5 or 10 at a time. Hes not a pocket QB hes a scrambler! And just about the time you think hes gonna run it …….well……he will throw a slant, or a post when the corners have come up to defend the run. Believe me he is the real thing.

Im sure your thinkin “what? a rooky, first start, hes gonna get squashed by our 6 and 0 team. The overconfidence of the pack will catch up with you….. the whole vikiongs team will rally around their rooky QB. You wait and see!!!!

133. By absaroka2 on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Ah ha, Ponder is smart, very smart! Green Bay-be afraid,very afraid! If Ponder has a target, he will hit it. If not he will find a hole to run through. I think Jenkins & Rudolph need more time on the field. Allen should nail Rodgers at least twice. There won’t be be much stacking the box after the 1st quarter! Vikes by 10!

134. By hicohornet on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

How is Titus great? He said the Vikings will be 11-5 in the preaseason and contend with McNabb. He said McNabb gives us the best chance to win in the preseason. He hated people me and others who talked negative in the preseason and said it’s too early. Well, it’s not early folks. The Vikings should have never gotten McNabb! I was laughed at by him and others. Please. BTW Clay has more hits on the qb than any other person in the NFL.

135. By hicohornet on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Must be Titus’ life. He lives here.

136. By Purple05 on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Hicohornet…do you know that Kurt Warner was benched on and off for Leinart and McCown and Cardinals fans wanted him out of town and thought they should have never signed him??

3 years later…Had Leinart been at least decent Kurt would have never had that chance with the Cardinals. So never say never…at the very least McNabb is a good veteran and mentor to Ponder and a solid backup

137. By CALVIKING on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

@CHEESEHEADS; PONDER MIGHT EVOKE MEMORIES OF ONE FRAN TAKKENTON; AT LEAST FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN. HE THROWS ACCURATELY, AND SEEMS TO HAVE “SACK RADAR” WHICH MAKES HIM MOVE AWAY AT THE LAST SECOND TO AVOID SACKS. VIKINGS ARE DEFINITE UNDERDOGS, BUT THAT IS GOOD.

GOOD TEAMS LOSE EASY GAMES DUE TO SACKS, FUMBLES, INTERCEPTIONS, BLOCKED KICKS, KICK RETURNS, BUSTED PLAYS, ETC. THE VIKINGS ARE NOT AN EASY GAME. JUST LIKE THE OLD LA RAMS VS SF 49ERS, THE RECORDS HAVE NO BEARING TO THE RIVALRY. SAME HERE. I AM A CALIF. VIKING FAN FOR 43 YEARS, AND HAVE SEEN THINGS HAPPEN. YOU SHOULD BE NERVOUS.

138. By CALVIKING on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

@ CHEESEHEADS; IF YOU HAVE PAID ANY ATTENTION TO THE VIKINGS SEASON SO FAR, THEN YOU SHOULD KNOW THE VIKINGS ARE TOO GOOD A TEAM TO BE 1-5; THE VIKING DEFENSE IS FAMILIAR WITH RODGERS AND HIS OFFENSE, SO YOU SHOULD ONLY EXPECT TOUGH GRUDGING YARDS, AND RODGERS IS GOING DOWN A LOT. PONDER CERTAINLY WILL BE NERVOUS, HE IS A ROOKIE!! BUT PACKER FANS SHOULDN’T MINIMIZE THE THREAT OF THE VIKING DEFENSE MAKING BIG PLAYS, OR SPECIAL TEAMS COMPLETELY TURNING THE GAME AROUND INTO THE VIKINGS FAVOR.
    PONDER PLUS ADRIAN PETERSON MAKES A DIFFERENT FORMULA FOR THE OFFENSE; NOT PREVIOUSLY SEEN BY THE CAPERS DEFENSE. PACKERS OL NOT HEALTHY. RODGERS CONFIDENT BUT NERVOUS? OVERCONFIDENT?

139. By Rocksalt on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

Titus(Be Sane and Serious) I HOPE TO HEAVEN TNHAT THR VIKES WIN. The reality, however, suggests the opposite………GET REAL!

140. By Rocksalt on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

BTW AS A FAN OF THE GAME I applaud chesseheads unite for exemplifying TRUE sportmanship……….something fanatics on both sides could learn from.
    I still say, pack will win by at least 2 scores…………EVEN THOUGH I WISH OTHERWISE!!!

141. By CALVIKING on Oct 21, 2011 | Reply

VIKING FANS! THE DEFEATIST AND MALCONTENT COMMENTS I READ REMIND ME VIVIDLY OF THE LA RAM FANS WHO SPENT MOST OF THEIR GAMES IN THE BEER LINES, AND MISSED MOST OF THE GAME, BUT THEY WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT THE RAMS INCESSANTLY. THE VIKINGS ARE A GOOD, BUT HARD LUCK TEAM THIS SEASON. ONE OF MY HEROES IN DEFEAT IS WALLY HILGENBERG; DURING THE SUPERBOWL LOSS TO THE DOLPHINS IN THE 1973 SEASON SUPERBOWL, CSONKA WAS RUNNING OUT THE CLOCK. HE WAS A TANK OF A FULLBACK. HE HEADED TO ONE SIDE AND WAS HIT BY HILGENBERG SO HARD THAT HIS NOSE WAS BROKEN!! HILGENBERG WAS CERTAINLY NOT GIVING UP, OR EVEN DEFLATED!! HE WAS MAKING THEM PAY. THAT IS THE FEROCITY OF THE VIKINGS! ITS NOT OVER TIL ITS OVER!! HIT HARD! MAKE THEM PAY!!

142. By Packers Hall of Fame on Oct 22, 2011 | Reply

I am with the Packers Hall of Fame (http://packershalloffame.com) and history would indicate that Ponder will definitely be seeing a lot of pressure this weekend. We’ll see how Ponder does with it. Go Pack!

143. By sandiamond on Oct 22, 2011 | Reply

early Draft status for NEED positions assuming draft order #3-10: OT CB WR

Matt Kalil LOT usc
    Jonathan Martin OT wis
    (all prospects in draft average 6-6 300 pounds) will the vikings hold this pick to a later round or will fred jones have a heartattack?

Justin Blackmon WR ok state
    Alshon Jeffery WR s carolina

Dre Kirkpatrick CB alabama
    Kirkpatrick stands alone for now, he’s 6-3 with cb’s dropping off in height a ton after the top 3-4
    best Safeties seem to fall in round two

144. By Pud Grand on Oct 22, 2011 | Reply

If the NFL team from Wisconsin does not win by at least 49 points, there will be some serious implications for the Green & Gold franchise…

145. By Pud Grand on Oct 22, 2011 | Reply

That football expert guy in the bar said that the MN V team is always better than their record (and statistics) indicate.

146. By Pud Grand on Oct 22, 2011 | Reply

A. Rodgers is probably thinking that anything less than 500+ yards passing with 7 or more touchdowns will make him a disappointing failure, and put his career in question…

147. By frenchvike on Oct 22, 2011 | Reply

But seriously tho, am i the only one who sees huge potential in aromashadu? I think him and ponder could be a nice 1-2 punch like sydney and brett were during our fairy tale season. certainly cant be any worse than berrian anyways…

148. By Blacknblue on Oct 22, 2011 | Reply

Pack was bein merciful.

149. By Old School on Oct 22, 2011 | Reply

Old School told you this months ago too….

Cook is a piece of S%^& !!!!!!!

CUT HIM NOW!