Posted by Ryan Cardinal on October 19, 2011 – 3:59 pm

Washington, DC – Today in the Cannon House Office Building, Congresswoman Betty McCollum (MN-04) hosted a meeting to bring representatives from Ramsey County and the Minnesota Vikings together with the U.S. Army and the General Services Administration (GSA) to address outstanding issues and enable to the transfer and clean-up of 430 acres at the Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant (TCAAP) site in Arden Hills.  In addition to a Viking’s stadium and future commercial development, the no-fee public conveyance of 108 acres of clean TCAAP property to Ramsey County for a wildlife corridor, park and recreation space and trails was discussed.

Following the three and a half hour meeting, Congresswoman McCollum issued the following statement:

“I called this meeting of key stakeholders together because the Ramsey County – Vikings plan is the last, best chance for TCAAP to be cleaned-up and put into productive use for taxpayers,” McCollum said. “During the meeting it became immediately clear that all parties around the table are highly motivated to achieve a positive outcome and move TCAAP from the Army to Ramsey County and the Vikings. All stakeholders agreed to a timeline that will allow for a final deal to be reached next week.

“In this challenging economy, I applaud Ramsey County and the Minnesota Vikings for making such a significant commitment to creating jobs for Minnesotans, cleaning up this polluted land, and returning this site to our region’s tax base.  When this project advances, the investments made will go a long way to secure the long-term economic well-being of the entire Twin Cities Metropolitan area.”

Posted in All | 56 Comments »

56 Responses to “McCollum Brings Ramsey Co. and Vikings Together with U.S. Army to Advance Transfer and Clean-up of TCAAP Site in Arden Hills”

1. By Justin F on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

The U.S Army should be helping. They made the mess during World War II and they should clean it up now.

2. By VegasVike on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Justin the US Army is busy making other messes, they can’t be bothered with cleaning up old ones. 

3. By Justin F on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Then hire the National Guard then.

4. By Shawn on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Sounds like a good job for the weekend warriors :)

5. By Bigfan1 on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Great, one more step toward a state of the art complex.

6. By Titus on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Put the stadium in the city where it belongs.

7. By Mike B. on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

@Titus The Vikings Organization has made a commitment to Ramsey county and Arden Hills site. To suggest another site plays into the hands of those that want to stop the Stadium issue. Lots of the Wilfs money is committed to the site and since they are picking up cost overruns. Let them have their site.

8. By absaroka2 on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Hey Titus, Dumb statement! Ramsey county is kicking in $350,000,000. if they build it in the city, is Mpls. kicking in that much? Go Arden Hills!

9. By Titus on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Yes, Mike, I know that. Just drumming up some blogging– rather slow on here.
    As for absoka0ss– wrong person to play IQ with.

10. By VegasVike on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Yea Titus where is everyone??

11. By Dirty Nasty Legs on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

I think they should build an open stadium in International Falls.

12. By Mike B. on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

@Dirty Nasty Legs Brrrrrrrr

13. By Titus on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

That’s exactly what you would have with an outdoor stadium at Int’l Falls– dirty nasty legs, and arms, and faces, and …

14. By Titus on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

I don’t know Vegas– I have a lot to do, but really exhausted so surfing on the net, waiting for dinner.

15. By Mike B. on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Frazier didn’t even looked pained when he was telling everyone that Ponder was starting. You know that had to hurt to be proven wrong.

16. By Titus on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Irony is McNabb was playing his best– why didn’t Ponder get in two or three weeks ago? We might have two or three wins and still have a chance. Now it is a long shot to get in the playoffs– but I still believe.

17. By Titus on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

18. By Dirty Nasty Legs on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Extend the light rail to I-Falls

19. By VegasVike on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

There’s always Vegas….

20. By VegasVike on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

PLUS!! it’s gonna be televised here so I get to watch the great new beginning. I’m stoked!!!

21. By Titus on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Vegas– I see you guys have a trail for road bikes on the edge of town– all paved. Then again, it does look like you guys cool a but in the winter. I am searching for a warm area with good bike riding to settle down for a few weeks come January.

22. By Titus on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

cool a bit — was what I was trying to say. Sure you are warmer than us, but I would like at least 70s.

23. By VegasVike on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

You take your chances in January Titus. Hitting 70 is tough to do, you need to be here right now. It’s a little warmer than 70 but zero wind or humidity. Perfect for what you want to do. I assume you ride road only? If not you need to google Bootleg Canyon

24. By VegasVike on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Are you talking Red Rock?

25. By mnsoldier on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

The US government should kick in for the clean up and wild life area.

26. By Titus on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Vegas– I saw that and I think that is where a video is made for indoor cycling, but there was one that was just for non-motorized vehicles– so I can train and relax without cars (Mpls has tons of trails like this so I am spoiled). River mountain trail I think- it’ s a loop.

I found a 60 mile trail in Atlanta– that looks nice.

27. By Mt_Viking on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Frazier had to start Ponder to try and save his JOB!!! He should have done it 3 weeks ago!!! We will see if the “GREAT WHITE HOPE” can save Frazier’s job

28. By Mt_Viking on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

This change now makes me want to watch the VIKES again :)

29. By Frederick Jones on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

@Titus, Mike B, and Vegas Vike,

I don’t want to touch the mess with the Arden Hills Vikings.

Frazier and staff, probably doing an okay job with the talent available to them.
    Sometimes in the NFL you have to go to the gutter to get to the top.

The Vikings were in the top 5 NFL teams percentage-wise W/L all-time record.
    We’ve never had to totally rebuild. Sometimes it also works to go in the gutter for a few years.

Is it possible that the main problem with the Vikings is the SCOUTS???

Somebody go under cover and find out ! ! !

30. By Kristofer Debenedictis on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

I dont care where they out it, as long as the vikes stay in Minnesota, SKOL VIKINGS!!!

31. By Titus on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

I just visited GB’s site. Aaron Rodgers in an interview insinuated we pump extra noise into the dome, possibly, and he grimaced. Already building excuses for when they do their presser after they lose.

32. By Woodboat on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Stop, Titus!!! Your Positive outlook on this team is starting to affect my views!!!! CURSE YOU!!!!! LoL

Seriously, though, I hope the VIkes put up a good showing this week. They looked pretty despondant vs the Bears (a game I thought they had a real shot at winning). I don’t expect they’ll pull the upset this weekend, but I hope they show us they have heart and desire. Keep Ponder clean-ish, O Line!!! Get Rudolph involved, CP!!!
    How does that go, Titus? Uh…

Baroo.

33. By Titus on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Put some Viking in your horn, Woody. That looks like a child’s toy– Baroo?
    Man up and sound your horn!!!

BAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

34. By Woodboat on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

LOL… didn’t wanna swipe your bit, bro!

Just got done watching Ponders presser… I like the kid. Seems to be a straight shooter and took the heat off McNabb. I like what I saw when he was in the Bears game… at the very least he gives the team some escapability at the QB position, something Donovan unfortunately doesn’t have in his bag of tricks anymore. He missed a few throws… something he was criticized for draft day. I suspect that those were caused by adrenaline rather than by lack of accuracy. Can’t wait. Win or lose, I think we have a good chance to viewing the emergence of a new star in Minn.

ahem….

35. By Woodboat on Oct 19, 2011 | Reply

Dang, my Baroo isn’t as long as yours, Titus….

Good thing I make up for it elsewhere!

I have really big feet. :)

36. By VegasVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Sorry Titus, my sons apartment got broken into and I went to help secure it. Yes you are talking about the Red Rock Scenic Loop. It gets cars, trucks, motorcycles and bikes. If you tell me the name of the road course I’ll investigate it. I lived in Huntsville Alabama for a while (10 months, 10 months too long) which is close to Atlanta…. I would take my chances in Nevada over Atlanta in January any day.

37. By Titus on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Yes, I know Atlanta won’t be that warm– they could have ice that time of year– but it’s an option if I ever go that way. Son had his apt burglarized?

38. By VegasVike on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Yes he lost a few electronics and of all things, his Favre jersey.

39. By rye on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

I hope the vikes get their stadium.

40. By rye on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

I also hope Ponder provides a spark to the offense and the vikings put down the packers and then go on a run.

Last 1-5 team to make the playoffs was in 1970. I think its about time it happens again. GO VIKES! Lets get on a run. Finish the season 9-1 or 8-2 to have a shot.

Yes, I know it’s a long shot, but I am an soptimist.

41. By Mt_Viking on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

OMG Was RUSH LIMBAUGH RIGHT??

42. By ozzinator on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

@Mt_Viking – you are correct. As usual, Rush was right! He also lost his Monday Night Football commentator job over it, but that’s the pc mainstream for ya.

43. By Mike B. on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

@Fred I really believe that the front office thought they were fine at the OL positions. They really missed the boat on the issue. Now they are seeing the results. There is no conspiracy here just a failure to evaluate the true talent level on the team. They were sold on Sully Loadholt and hoped that Big Mac would be motivated. It turned out wrong. I wouldn’t see them accepting the heat on this though.

44. By Rocksalt on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Rush Limbaugh is a hate monger, and really enjoys spewing lies and his hatelfu rhetoric to the public.

45. By ozzinator on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Rocky, thats what ill informed people like yourself think.

46. By GM on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Rock, you just described yourself.

47. By GM on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Only people who don’t listen to Rush think like that.

48. By PuRpLe 'n GoLd on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

i like the way that rye thinks

49. By Frederick Jones on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

@Woodboat and Titus,

Certainly Ponder appears to be a good guy. There are other qbs in our division who are much less than clean cut.

I have been trying to bash the Vikings Front Office, but as a rule, I do not like to bash people’s reputations.

Actually I visited the Lion’s website, and was not impressed with a least a couple of their rookies for this year. Behavior, attitude, etc., not good in these young men. We are lucky to have Ponder.

50. By Frederick Jones on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

@Rocky,

Rush Limbaugh exaggerates the truth. Some people don’t call that lying.

I tend to think it is lying. Lies have speed, the truth has endurance.

Honesty is the best policy.

51. By DRS on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Justin F, the NG is the majority fitting our wars now. The Military has been downsizing for years.

52. By DRS on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Titus, the city of the old met?

53. By DRS on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Dirty Nasty Legs, how about frostbite Falls MN? LOL. Then all Minnesotan’s can go to whatsamatter U.

54. By DRS on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

Frederick Jones, done your fact checks on Rush?

55. By ozzinator on Oct 20, 2011 | Reply

@DRS – Of course FJ hasn’t checked the facts. Their ilk love to use the phrase ” exaggerate the truth” when they can’t bare to believe other than what the mainstream indoctrinates into their skulls full of mush. Yet they would ask us to believe other than what our own eyes have seen or what history has taught us.
    Whatever